[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thousand Sons Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 30

File: magnus-large-horz-GW.jpg (113KB, 853x555px) Image search: [Google]
magnus-large-horz-GW.jpg
113KB, 853x555px
Sup /tg/

GW's new Thousand Sons releases came at the perfect time for me. Just a couple weeks ago I started reading their lore and find them cool as shit.

A few questions, though:

1) The Rubric of Ahriman turned most of the legion into armor-bound dust, correct? Can these marines remove their helms or take gashes in their armor? Will their souls escape if they do?

2) I remember reading Battle of the Fang a long time ago, and if I recall correctly, the Rubrics that attacked the Fang could fire bolters without suffering recoil and moved "in slow motion," even though they didn't... kind of.

Do the Rubrics *actually* move slowly/ sluggishly? Are they hindered in close combat from the curse? Or can they keep up with say a Space Wolf or Blood Angel?

Lastly, my mate told me TS bolters fire AP3 shots on the tabletop. That's pretty cool, but what gives them that ability?

Other than those questions to start us off, general Thousand Sons thread.
>>
File: thousandsons4.jpg (195KB, 1000x384px) Image search: [Google]
thousandsons4.jpg
195KB, 1000x384px
>>50523211
>>
File: IAThousandSons.jpg (91KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
IAThousandSons.jpg
91KB, 600x639px
1/?
>>
2/?
>>
3/?
>>
File: Rubricae_battle.png (918KB, 681x856px) Image search: [Google]
Rubricae_battle.png
918KB, 681x856px
4/?
>>
>>50523211
To begin with here's a disclaimer, TS lore is shot to shit with retcons and inconsistencies.

>1) The Rubric of Ahriman turned most of the legion into armor-bound dust, correct?
The Rubric turned all but the most powerful psykers into dust with their soul now inhabiting their armour. This has probelms with the new release however as the Scarab Occult were once the TS's best psykers except now most of them are dust as well. There is no explanation for this.

>2) Do the Rubrics *actually* move slowly/ sluggishly?
As you said yes but no. Because inconsistency. Rubrics have the slow and purposeful rule on the table top to represent this sluggishness, but in the lore they have depending on what the author needs at that point in time. Remember this is only the Rubric marines not the sorcerer lords of the TS.

>Lastly, my mate told me TS bolters fire AP3 shots on the tabletop.
>The weapons of the Thousand Sons are shaped by the craft of artificers and sorcerers alike. When their guns roar, they fire not only explosive bolts that tear flesh, but uncanny energies that can melt even ceramite. In such a fashion is the Long War waged anew.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
>>
>>50523410
I think the new lore says that the Scarab Occult were turned into dust by Magnus himself because they were trying to save him from the daemons.
>>
>>50523516
No thats just a single warband that he does that too. The Scarab Occult were rubric'd at the same time. They also dont have slow and purposeful in their rules so who knows.
>>
>>50523410
Thank you, brother.

So, from what I've been reading about Magnus, did he just essentially get royally fucked? I felt his intentions were well in attempting to warn the Emperor of Horus' betrayal, but from that point forward everything around him just fell to shit. How do you feel about it? Would he have been loyal had the Emperor not lost his cool and sent Leman Russ after him?

Also, does current lore still support that Rubrics need a sorcerer to guide them? And if so, do sorcerers actually just guide them like moths to a flame, or do they actually control them?
>>
File: thousand-sons-3.jpg (474KB, 1053x700px) Image search: [Google]
thousand-sons-3.jpg
474KB, 1053x700px
5/?
>>
6/?
>>
>>50523602
>"How will we bypass these traitorous filth, Lord Calgar?"
>"Just throw dust on all the vehicles."
>"Brilliant, my liege."
>>
>>50523410
The way I plan on "fixing" the lore is saying that only the sorcerer was a member of the Scarab Occult while all of his lackeys are just non-psykers who happened to be in terminator armor. It's not entirely inline with the new fluff but the new fluff is stupid.
>>
Did anyone here get a copy of Wrath of Magnus yet? Did they get any good formations / rules?
>>
>>50523548
Magnus fall is a tragedy. His strengths that lead him to such great heights during the GC, were also his downfall in the end.

>did he just essentially get royally fucked?
Yes. Magnus was dealing with powers beyond mortal comprehension and payed for it. His dreams and ambitions were turned against him leading to the destruction of Prospero and his fall. This was all orchestrated by Tzeentch himself who personally lead Magnus to this point. You can go into the actions of others that also such as the Emperor, Russ and Mortarion or Horus but in the end Tzeentch was the mastermind behind everything.

>I felt his intentions were well in attempting to warn the Emperor of Horus' betrayal
The road to hell is paved with good intentions is basically THE plot point of Magnus's Fall. If you dont like that trope you probably wont like the TS. Ahriman is exactly the same in this regard. From the Emperor to Magnus to Ahriman, all are paying for attempting to 'save' those around them.

>Would he have been loyal had the Emperor
No, he wouldnt. Magnus could never accept limitations, the thin red line people dont cross was where Magnus started.

He could have been dragged to Terra and payed for his mistakes but in the end he would resent the implication that the Emperors vision is all there is. He knows theres more, hes seen theres more. Perhaps if he could just show the Emperor an example... [suddenly demons]

>does current lore still support that Rubrics need a sorcerer to guide them?
Yes. WoM seems to also show that the better the sorcerer the better the rubric marines act with Ahriman seeming to buff the Scarab Occult up. But thats Ahriman so who knows. They dont really show how they control them exactly btw. They do leave them as guardians so they must be able to act without the sorcerer directly in control otherwise people could just walk past them.

>>50523690
Its pretty fucked till we get more information.
>>
>>50523796
He's a victim but not purely innocent, something to always be wary of is when the voices start telling you EXACTLY what you want to hear. he was told that the warp was a servant to be tamed, and thus never suspected he could be playing with fire, any evidence that showed up he had evidence planted by tzeentch to let him brush it off.
>>
>>50523796
Excellent info, thank you.

That trope doesn't bother me; in hindsight it's probably what attracted me to them in the first place. After reading HH Fulgrim I should have figured that Magnus had already made some seriously questionable decisions before the Heresy, just like his brother.

The skill of the sorcerer affecting the Rubrics under him is a nice compromise between leadership and control.

If you can think of anything, is there anything TS can do better than any other legion? (inb4 "being dust")
>>
>>50523990
>is there anything TS can do better than any other legion?
SPACE MAGIC

Seriously though TS are the best sorcerers and the best seers of humanity. Even before Abaddon got his own personal terribly written Mary Sue tier TS seer he used a lot of TS's to help guide him and his crusades. They are rare but valuable asset to any warband within the eye.

Thousand Sons warbands themselves are powerful groups of sorcerer banding together to gather knowledge and resources to fuck shit up. The Rubricae are powerful resummonable support troops, but most often fights dont even get to that point with cultists and demons doing the heavy lifting. Ahriman is by far the best known/active member as individual legions dont get too much fluff so if you want to get a good idea there books about him form GW and BL.

>in hindsight it's probably what attracted me to them in the first place.
Me too mate. Also I like the Thousand Sons attempting to take scientific approach to the warp. Trying to force logic onto madness interests me and about 70% of the time it works out for them lol. Either way this is all just my opinion. There would certainly be people who disagree with my perspective on all this so take it with a grain of salt. Keep reading and you'll find the stuff that resonates with you.
>>
File: leman_russ_-_prospero.jpg (76KB, 675x396px) Image search: [Google]
leman_russ_-_prospero.jpg
76KB, 675x396px
CRASHING THIS THREAD
>>
>>50524170
>Ahriman is by far the best known/active member as individual legions dont get too much fluff so if you want to get a good idea there books about him form GW and BL.

Who is Kharn?
>>
What's up with Magnus' horn nipples?
Also, he looks like a Wow character to me, am I far off?
>>
>>50524301
He's a Transexual Son
>>
>>50524292
>Who is Kharn?
A dead man.

I was actually just referring to the TS's there actually if it wasnt clear they have very few named characters. Still Ahriman gets around in the fluff more then most chaos characters.
>>
>>50524170
not the other anon, but i thought that all the sorcerers that didn't get RUBRIC.com got their powers boosted because they got the latent power from the ones that were turned to dust
>>
>>50523211

Tomb king skulls painted to a ghastly specter glow instead of a helmet, could that work? Then again, the helmets are essentially the identifying factor.
>>
>>50524372
Some sources claim all TS are dust others dont. Some claim all TS are immune to mutation others dont. Some sources claim the remaining TS got a boost in psychic power and knowledge others dont.

The sources clash as is often the case with TS. Most dont mention that fact although several do. So its up to you and what you want to believe.
>>
Is it possible for powerful sorcerer to turn some captive marines into his own rubrics?
>>
File: Magnus the Red sketch.jpg (676KB, 1022x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus the Red sketch.jpg
676KB, 1022x1400px
>>50524301
Never understood the hate for the nipple horns.

>>50524544
Heres about the only fluff that talks about the Rubric Marines work outside of just the Rubric itself.

>The Rubric Marines are almost impossible to destroy, and only the total destruction of their power armour tombs is enough to release the spirit
trapped inside. With an audible sigh, a cloud of dust escapes and drifts away into nothingness. How, or even if, the Rubric Marines are
reinforced is a secret only the Sorcerers of the Thousand Sons and Tzeentch himself know. It has been theorized that Sorcerers can use spells
of reincarnation to reinstall those spirits freed by the destruction of their armoured forms – rebinding them within new tombs of power armour.
Or perhaps Ahriman himself has had his hand in recreating his infamous spell of old? For Ahriman remains the most powerful of the Thousand
Sons Sorcerers, and has been endlessly active since his banishment. Over the millennia, he has raided more magical knowledge and stolen
more arcana than any – his guarded hoard nearly as sizable as that of Magnus.

So you can take it however you want.
>>
>>50524170

> Also I like the Thousand Sons attempting to take scientific approach to the warp
> Trying to force logic onto madness
Couldn't have said it better. TS motives and lore capture me at the tin-foil hat level.
>>
File: 1480777250404.jpg (348KB, 1058x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480777250404.jpg
348KB, 1058x1000px
What are the new TS formations like? I've seen leaked rules for the units and weapons, but none for the formations.

Just looking at the units, they sadly don't seem very good (Rubrics are better than before, but still slow, expensive, and not all that durable, while the new terminators are tough but pillow-fisted and expensive, and as a whole the army has very limited unit choises). However, some formations that let you take a ton of sorcerers and spam psychic powers might still make them really powerful.
>>
>>50524292
Kharn is a guy who's actually fun to be around
>>
>>50524170
Ctesias is a good example of a psyker that can turn a battle in your favour. In the last Ahriman book he summoned doombreed himself
>>
File: mortarion, bringer of death.jpg (162KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
mortarion, bringer of death.jpg
162KB, 900x1350px
>>50524270
CRASHING MIDGARDIA.
>>
>>50524544
Supposedly they can make more Rubric Marines but the ritual is costly and time consuming so it's more efficient to just repair/re-armor/re-summon the existing rubricae.
>>
>>50526879
>Supposedly they can make more Rubric Marines but the ritual is costly and time consuming
Source?
>>
>>50526007

How does he breathe?

No, really, his helmet is missing usual pipes, grills, and other stuff that usually means 'air intake'.

Also, the pointy bottom end of helmet kind of slots into the collar meaning he can only look forward, never to side or below...
>>
>>50526906
Warp magic
>>
>>50526898
Ah, never mind, I found it again, it's just a theory about how they retain their numbers roughly near 1000 despite taking heavy losses in pretty much every fight
>>
>>50526906
my guess is a grille behind his faceplate that is hidden under his huge collar.
>>
>>50526942
would you mind posting it anyway? Because
>it's just a theory about how they retain their numbers roughly near 1000
Any source that comments on 1000 marines is important.
>>
>>50526957
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/89557-how-do-thousand-sons-recruit-new-members.html

third page comments on the numbers, the other parts are theories about the rubric and if its repeatable.
>>
>>50527027
Yeah Magnus just rocked up with way more marines then in Battle of the Fang so I really wouldnt take that as a source anymore/ever. Thanks though Anon.
>>
>>50524544
>Is it possible for powerful sorcerer to turn some captive marines into his own rubrics?

No, the Rubric is very costly and has been cast only twice.
>>
>>50527600
the theory is that they'd cast a vastly underpowered version that isn't being cast on an entire legion but just one guy.
>>
In the fluff, who won when Magnus jumped the home world of Space Wolves? I'm not that updated, but it would be interesting to know if the wolves where saved by GW´s fluff-shield.
>>
I had hoped that Master of Mankind would have addressed the Thousand Sons, like it did the World Eaters, but...nope.

So basically the Emperor traveled with the Thousand Sons, who were undergoing rampant mutation; many of whom were put into stasis.

By the time they reached Magnus the mutations had hit their peak. And the Emperor did shit all to fix the issue.

Like what the fuck
>>
>>50527947
For the first or second time? First time Magnus won because he destroyed the cure for the curse of the wulfen the furries were working on, but the furries say they won because they drove magnus back to the warp. Second time Magnus again, but this time on a much larger scale because he's just jumpstarted the next black crusade, with mortarion's help turned midgardia into a plague planet and indirectly decimated the population of fenris by virtue of being there.
>>
>>50527972
I would not count the first time a loss for Magnus.
He destroyed the possibility to recruit from outside Fenris for the Wulfs.
The resulted in a massive drop in their numbers as time went on.
They were a medium sized legion before (so around 60k marines), now they are a somewhat overstreight chapter (around 2 to 3k) without successors.
>>
>>50523294
>Cult Terminator
Bitchin' name.
>>
>>50523354
> MY ARMOR NIPPLES HAVE ASCENDED TO THEIR FINAL FORM
>>
>>50528158
it's not even their final form bro. he will have ascended when he rips the fang from the earth of fenris and uses it as nipple jewelry
>>
>>50528178
Someone make that in paint already
>>
How does it feel to have a new Rape Storm or Rape Knight? Not even a LoW so you can cheese him into normal CAD?
>>
>>50527972
>>50528051
WoM counts it as a loss.

And furthermore, the new marines created by the method were normal marines. They weren't Woofs. The Woofs saw them as a danger to Russ's legacy so it wasn't really a loss.
>>
>>50528361
Sure, it was fine recruiting only from Fenris. Up until now when Fenris' population was reduced to 10% by the GK and the Inquisition.
>>
>>50528439
Don't pull numbers out of nowhere. The Grey Knights didn't take all the tribes. There are remaining tribes that rebuilt and even put the whole thing behind them like another day on a Death world.

The Woofs survived and so did Fenris and its gods. In time they will emerge stronger than ever, provided that the galaxy survives what Abaddon intends to do.
>>
>>50528472
I'm not pulling numbers out of nowhere, i'm pulling numbers out of here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5f0dwa/wrath_of_magnus_story_literall_all_the_spoilers/
>>
>>50528502
Then you are pulling it from some who is pulling it out of nowhere which means you pulled it out of nowhere.

I read the book last night and no 10% bullshit in it. No commentary about how many were taken by the Grey Knights.
>>
>>50527972

Good. I just wouldn't have felt it a good story otherwise. And it would be so typical GW, that their favourite army/armies/bestsellers gets saved by the fluff-shield.

>Wolves attack prospero, owns the place, despite attacking a home planet of a brother legion.
>Turn this around, wolfs, though they should be outnumbered (seeing as legion vs "somewhat chapter style") beats this back.

would have been horrible!
>>
anyone have scans?
>>
>>50528540
Well i'm gonna guess because it was a Daemon invasion of an entire fucking planet that it's gonna be a lot of people saw the daemons. and those are the ones that get blammed.
>>
>>50528558
for wrath of magnus i mean
>>
>>50528550
Read the fucking book. It's out. Fenris itself stood with the Wolves. The Gods and spirits of Fenris rose against the power of Chaos, the fauna of Fenris (Wolves, Trolls, giants) united to drive back the invaders, and the tribes of Fenris fought like saga heroes against the horror.

Prospero was a weakling world of scholars. Fenris is the legendary realm of gods and heroes.
>>
>>50528599
Yeah, Fenris did stand with the wolves. Then the power of Fenris got eaten by Magnus.
>>
>>50528559
Mordia came out okay.
>>
>>50528629
Yeah but nobody on Mordian said anything to the inquisition, it was settled completely on their own, so the inquisition didn't know there was anyone who needed blamming.
>>
>>50528620
Wrong. This is the problem with morons reading stuff from reddit instead of reading the book. Magnus ate nothing but shit.

The World Spirit of Fenris is alive and victorious. In the aftermath of the book, TS and daemons who were left behind by Magnus hid in the soil and earth of Fenris. Fenris expelled them out from their hiding places so that the Woofs and natural fauna would hunt them down in the open.

What Magnus harvested was the psychic energies of the Midgardia death. This has nothing to do with Fenris. The reddit scum got it wrong as usual.
>>
>>50528669
An Imperial fleet with a band of psykers did a counter spell to close the rift. That has to be on a record something. Not to mention that there are tons of church officials and commissars on the planet who have to report this.
>>
>>50528677
and you don't think that they're just about to get fucked considering they're the only planet left in a system full of daemonic fuckery at the start of a Black Crusade and probably on course for a collision with the toxic remains of midgardia?
>>
>>50528705
Hmm. Weird, usually its policy to blam anyone who sees daemons. Maybe they forgot?
>>
>>50528677
>Magnus tries to kill yiffs
>fails
>Magnus tries to corrupt their planet
>fails
>"A-at least i fucked some irrelevant world and started next crusade guys! J-just as planned!"
>Ahriman got destroyed by literal who

TSons got fucking rekt as usual.
>>
>>50528719
The other planets are dead or abandoned. They are no threat.

>collision with the toxic remains of midgardia?

Again you with the reddit. Staaahtp. The book says in following years that shards of Midgardia fall on the worlds of the system. Other than the fact that these fall areas are shunned by the locals as cursed, they are harmless.
>>
>>50528771
Alright well my book ain't arriving till like tomorrow so i've only got this to go off of so far and it's mostly correct.
>>
>>50528831
Why don't you buy the digital and hardcopy?
>>
>>50528849
Because i'm not made of money and I could buy models instead of a digital copy, anon.
>>
>>50526906
Ahriman is always looking forward
Ahriman only ever looks forward.
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (43KB, 646x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.jpg
43KB, 646x228px
How even did Ahriman even get bullied into this crap?
Last I heard he was kind of busy.
>>
>>50528849
>buying digital copies
ew
>>
>>50529040
well he managed to succeed at turning one rubricae back into a normal marine and magnus got less pissed and said "hey, that's cool, now we know we can do that, let's go kill Fenris before the Rubricae stop being immortal"
>>
>>50527972
In the Ragnar books they invade another two times.
Once he tries to resurrect the dead TSons on Fenris and fails.
Second time they try to resummon the chapter along with Magnus on some shrine world somewhere and he gets a spear in the eye.

Frankly the whole story of warzone: fenris is such a blatant rip off those books.
>>
>>50529064
>New fluff Guiltrek Guiltiman edgelord.
Fuck why did I even ask.
>>
>>50529134
it's fair enough that he wants to fix what was arguably the biggest fuckup in 40k sans the emperors relationship with his kiddlies.
>>
>>50529227
But the Emperor loved his sons.
All 10,000 of them.
>>
>>50528677

Oh?!? So it is just one of those generic shitty endings GW usually puts out? To bad, could have been a good book I guess, but this is exactly why I chose not to read before I ask. No use in reading something that has a plot thats obviously just saved by fluff-shields and sales rate.
>>
>>50529282
sure he loved them, but he clearly didn't do what was best for them. Maybe if he'd told them about the warp and chaos they'd have started a crusade against it sooner and none of them would've been corrupted.
>>
Anyone here know the deployment cost for Magnus? I have a few scans some friends sent me of the new army listings, but it cut off the pts cost for Magnus and he is gone on sabbatical.
>>
>>50529365
650 pts base.
>>
>>50529116
Thats BL. Were talking canon material Anon.
>>
>>50529334
Lol. Taking someone else opinion over reading 140 pages. How fucking lazy are you?
>>
File: 1477609450053.png (66KB, 326x256px) Image search: [Google]
1477609450053.png
66KB, 326x256px
>>50529334
>wanting conclusive story in a game fluff.
>>
>>50529040
Read the book.
>>
>>50528677
Double-BS.

The space wolves purged everything off Fenris, and then Grimwolf Wolfgrim proceeded to mount up his entire chapter so they could rush to cadia's aid, just as the planet of sorcerors appeared in realspace directly above the relatively defenceless Fenris.

>Just as planned
>>
>>50529481
>directly above the relatively defenceless Fenris.
Factually incorrect it arrives in the Prospero system.

However Ahriman knows the webway portals to arrive of Fenris at any time. Not that this will ever be brought up again.
>>
>>50529420
The TS BL lore is mentioned in the WoM book. Madox who is Ragnar's novel rival from the Ragnar series appears.
>>
>>50529227
Heck no. Old Ahriman was literally like "What's the problem? They're so much more effective like this"

Sociopath was better.
>>
>>50529514
>Within sight of Prospero's surface
>>
>>50529481
Wrong. Wrong.

>>50505436

Here is the WoM thread. Read the aftermath pages in the bottom. Fenris is fine.
>>
>>50529521
That doesn't make the BL books canon Anon. Madox is that book is a sorcerer but has been turned to dust by the rubric. Its not canon bullshit. Its canon that that event happened as its in the SW codex but not in the way that BL says. BL is supplementary material.
>>
>>50529523

Fuck that, I -like- having a "mostly a good guy except his methods and also everything anyone does is what tzeentch wants no matter how little they like it" chaos marine.

There's meant to be no good guys, right? Only varying degrees of asshole? Well why reject the only sympathetic chaos marine then?
>>
>>50529536
Within sight of my ass. The book says nothing about its location.
>>
>>50529547
>Fenris is fine.
Not that guy but Fenris isn't fine. The eldar world spirit isn't corrupted but the population is.
>>
>>50529573
Yes it does read the book dumbass.
>>
>>50529551
>Madox is that book is a sorcerer but has been turned to dust by the rubric.

I know. The Changeling took his form while running away. Each of the pursuers saw their nemesis.

>Its not canon bullshit. Its canon that that event happened as its in the SW codex but not in the way that BL says. BL is supplementary material.

Nope, it's all equally canon.
>>
>>50529464
>Finds out how to use the webway
>Wants to bribe Magnus into helping him take Black Library proper.

>The daemon primarch descended from bleeding skies to meet Ahriman in person, and the arch-sorcerer bowed ever so slightly before discussing the plan for Fenris' downfall.

Coulda just told me anon.
>>
Is it just me, or is there nothing more meme in 40k right now than thousand sons? Seriously i've never seen anyone give a shit, and now everybody is lining up to hop on the band wagon.
>>
>>50529594
Where? I have book.

>>50529579
The corrupted population were purged by the Grey kni
>>
>>50529040
Maguns needed his webway know how and in return Magnus is going to help him crack the Black Library.
>>
>>50529597
>Each of the pursuers saw their nemesis.
Yep and he's mentioned in the SW codex. Still doesn't make the book canon Anon.

>Nope, it's all equally canon.
Got a source from GW about that Anon?
>>
>>50529629
>Yep and he's mentioned in the SW codex. Still doesn't make the book canon Anon.

Madox mentioned in the codex? Which codex? Which edition? I have all the codexes with me.

>Got a source from GW about that Anon?

The old Black Library FAQ which is closet thing you will get to anything official from GW on the canon.
>>
File: IMG_0820.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0820.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>50529547
>>50529573
>You're
>Welcome

>Fenris about to go the way of Tanith
>>
>>50529654
So no source then. Thought so.
>>
>>50529658
I can't tell if you think Prospero is Fenris here or if I'm just misunderstanding you.
>>
>>50529658
It doesn't say it's near Fenris whatsoever. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>50529667
Nope, I gave you an official source. Why did you choose to ignore it?
>>
>>50529690
Cont'ed...

Also why didn't you give me which codex Madox was named?
>>
>>50529690
No thats form BL not GW.
>>
>>50529678
... I actually did.
Now I'm thinking it'a a typo.

Why the hell would there be empty void anywhere near Prospero?
>>
>>50529700
BL is GW, you idiot. It's a firm of their company.

So far you didn't give me which codex you claimed Madox popped in. You proved no proof that BL material are not canonical. You are just talking hot air.
>>
>>50529713
>Give me proof that it's canon so we have evidence that it's non-canon.

The fuck retarded argument is happening here?
>>
File: tzeentch life.jpg (547KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tzeentch life.jpg
547KB, 600x600px
>>50523211
>>
>>50529713
>These two companies that are different are the same
Lol. I bet fantasy flight games was the same thought the same too if you asked them. Also asking prove a negative lmao.

Also go read the timeline. Its in there.
>>
>>50529712
>empty void anywhere near Prospero

Because it's a planet in space which is a void. TSfags crossed the threshold to a new level of stupid. They mistook one name for another and now this!
>>
>>50529609
New releases are always the memiest.

We spent 2 months of endless shitposting when the taurox got revealed.
>>
>>50529732
>TSfags crossed the threshold to a new level of stupid.
Go fuck yourself for lumping me in with that idiot.
>>
File: IMG_0821.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0821.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>50529732
Let's not be a massive fag about this.
Context suggests it's a typo, to me anyway.
>>
>>50529731
FFG is a third party company that GW gave the licence to. They always knew it was temp thing.

BL is a direct part of GW, a part of the company. It ain't going nowhere.

>Also go read the timeline. Its in there.

Which codex? 7th ED, 6th ED, 5th? It only one

>Also asking prove a negative

No, you made claim with no proof.
>>
>>50529750
Lol. Its not a typo mate wtf?
>>
>>50529754
>Prove this negative
Lmao 2/10. Heres your last (you).
>>
File: IMG_0681.gif (3MB, 391x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0681.gif
3MB, 391x220px
>>50529750
>>50529757
>mfw Prospero and planet of sorcerers is not the same place.

That anon. Confirmed, I am massive tard.
Carry on tg
>>
>>50529740
You must answer for your fellows crimes. You choose your fandom.

>>50529750
I am only being a dick because you started it. And it's not a typo. Magnus went to the Prosporo system.

Why the FUCK do think Magnus's planet appeared above Fenris or near the Fenris system? I mean FUUUUVCK. The book says that Midgardia shards kept falling on Fenris for years and the locals viewed the crash sites as cursed. This means Fenris is trucking along just fine for years. The locals being alive and well and dodging comets for YEARS. That wouldn't happen if a giant daemon world was above their heads.
>>
>>50529775
Shoo shoo, mister no proof.
>>
>>50529777
your dumbfuck logic suddenly makes so much more sense now.
Still dumbfuck though
>>
File: 1233809846142.jpg (117KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1233809846142.jpg
117KB, 1024x1024px
>>50529806
But Anon, no need to be so meany with your friend!

We can all discuss things happily and respectfully with each others.
Like big happy family.
>>
>>50528361
Fenris is a death world with primitive tech. So fuck few recruits.
>>
>>50529840
Less now the grey knights have purged 'em all.
>>
>>50529864
Nope, they took some of them. Other tribes are still around rebuilding and doing barbarian stuff.
>>
>>50529878
True, I guess there's actually more land and iron to go around now
>>
>>50529878
>So profound and powerful were the energies of change that roiled across the planet that those mortals touched directly by Tzeentch’s fires underwent terrible transformations. Gangling mutations erupted from bronzed and weather-beaten flesh, eyes bulged from armpits and backs, and crests of feathers and quills ran down shaven scalps and shoulders. Some lost their cohesion of form altogether, reshaped into horrible spawn-things that defied description and damaged the sanity of all who witnessed their transformation. Those born under the unnatural skies were monstrous. Even those who seemed clean of limb, when given the birth-axe, not only grasped the weapon – as was only right and favoured – but used it to hack away at their shocked parents’ hands. Who knows how many young Fenrisian warriors who appeared whole and sound would grow with a hidden seed of change planted inside them that would one day bear shocking fruit. The Fenrisian tribes had been cursed. It was a calculated and deliberate bane sent upon them by Magnus the Red, for his Legion had been riddled by the flesh-change long ago; in part that was the very reason they had sought to master the arts that saw them persecuted “The rampant mutation did not go unnoticed by the agents of the Ordo Hereticus still monitoring the Fenris System for traces of Chaos taint. In the darkness of secret psykana sanctums, astropathic missives were sent screaming out across the void.

>Who knows how many young Fenrisian warriors who appeared whole and sound would grow with a hidden seed of change planted inside them that would one day bear shocking fruit.

>The Fenrisian tribes had been cursed. It was a calculated and deliberate bane sent upon them by Magnus the Red.

>>Other tribes are still around rebuilding and doing barbarian stuff.
For now.
>>
From the terminology this guy uses I assume he's a /tg/ writer, but I saw this whle browsing usersub and thought I'd post it just in case.
http://imgur.com/gallery/hPL74
>>
>>50529887
The Grey Knights kidnapped the most exposed. The Ordos Hereticus makes regular visits to the planet. Don't worry they got it on lock down. The Inquisition is very thorough.
>>
>>50529658
>A tide of madness and blood began to nipple out across the galaxy [...]

That explains Magnus
>>
>>50529932
>Don't worry they got it on lock down. The Inquisition is very thorough.
Well as long as you feel safe with that huge chekov's gun above the fire place.

>The Ordos Hereticus makes regular visits to the planet.
So I haven't actually heard any SW fan mentions this yet but how are you ok with this? I thought there'd be an uproar about this honestly. Imperial agents are not supposed to act on SM home worlds. The idea of an Inquisitor poking around on Fenris BLAMing any heresy they see... well shit we know theres a lot of that going on even before WoM.
>>
>>50529964
The wolves got turned into the Imperium's bitches, how fitting for them who were once described as loyal beyond all doubt in the HH
>>
>>50529964
>So I haven't actually heard any SW fan mentions this yet but how are you ok with this?

There are still Chaos monsters and corrupted things running loose in the wilds. They are needed there at least for the time being. Once the heat from the High Lords go down after Abaddon's Black Crusase gets done, the Space Wolveds will return to claim full sovereignty over their world.
>>
>>50529987
>Implying

Logan was elected was the Grand Marshal of Imperial forces fighting against Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade. This shows the level of respect and trust the Imperium has for the Wolves.
>>
>mfw my friend will let me houserule buying spell familiars on Rubric/Scarab Occult sorcerers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMQw-VxjEs
>>
>>50530001
>after Abaddon's Black Crusase gets done
So never then? SW of all the SMs are stuck with the Inquisition poking around on Fenris after all these years. Like I said I was expecting people to be pissed about this, personally I dont like it even as a TS fan. It feels wrong. Logan would be more likely to risk taint then turning his back on his people for the sake of the GK/Inquisition, as he did with the survivor of Midgardia in the same book.
>>
>>50530036
>SW of all the SMs are stuck with the Inquisition

In universe, at most it will take a few years to beat back Abaddon's crusade. Having the Ordos poke at Fenris for a few years isn't so bad when compared to angering the High Lords on the eve of a Black Crusade.
>>
>>50530085
>Having the Ordos poke at Fenris for a few years isn't so bad
Unless of course your world doesn't follow the teaching of the Imperial cult, or have genetic mutations and just got invaded by a demon Primarch. Then you might have problems.

Besides Logan is also off world. There really is no check on what this guy could do to Fenris.
>>
>>50530026
>Adding even more points to to Rubrics and SO
Wew lad.
>>
File: 1480878800183.jpg (124KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480878800183.jpg
124KB, 720x960px
MAGNUS THE SWOLE COMING THROUGH

>WHAAAAMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>50531022
Yeah but this changes makes them actually fucking decent and more than just a 58/90 points extra wound/s
>>
>>50531126
How? Honestly I dont see the point on a ML1 mook who has to roll on Tzeentch anyway.
>>
>>50523602
Goddamn that Land Raider. I need it.
>>
>>50528558
check 40k general, they have the epub.
>>
>>50523294
So I'm trying to build my TS for 30k and 40k. What is the history of the Blue and Gold? At one point it was an effect of the Rubric, but I recall reading that some preheresy formations used it too. Did the scarab occult have special colors?

Or really, what groups in the legion had distinct colors?
>>
>>50531159
Tzeentch powers aren't bad now honestly and even if he's just activating force to up his Rubric's invuln, at least he has a higher chance to not waste a precious warp charge. It's just more efficient.
>>
>>50531105
What the fuck.
>>
>>50531792
magnus can choose whether or not to wear armor. good for if you're not a fan of horn nipples.
>>
>>50532049
honestly he looks fucking badass with a bare chest. Unsure about the bar elegs though. I think armoured legs with hulking pecs and abs would look totally rad.
>>
>>50532049
>>50532466
>Not liking Blanche's horn nipples (tm).
>>
>>50532466
yeah I was thinking that too. Just a loincloth makes him look a bit bare.
>>
>>50532562
>It's traditional that means it's the best
k
brb, defending lynchings

>>50532630
Agreed, though his thighs look joocy, I'd rather have him Goku-mode.
>A bookish nerd being ripped as fuck isn't normal, but on Tzeentch, it is.
>>
>>50532755

>It is new so it is best.

Tell that to the Us government that embraced eugenics and sterilisation of criminals before the Nazis.
>>
>>50532963
>>50532755
let's all agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so what's new and old doesn't matter, it's a matter of opinion.
>>
>>50533003
I'm the barechested magnus anon and I agree with you. It's all opinion.

Because we're TS players, petty arguments are above us.
>>
>>50533003
>>50533077
I am horn nipples and I just liked to join the hyperbowling.

I am happy for the sons.

Emperor's Children next please.
>Muh Slaanesh.
>>
>>50524270
TAKE THE KNOT!
>>
Figured I should post this here as well, seems fairly relevant.

This is my own "fix" and I'm still fixing typos.

>ARCH-SROCERER OF TZEENTCH
>>
>>50533233
>implying chaos isn't always more powerful as time goes on
>implying the legions don't count millions, no, bazillions marines now
>>
File: Slaanesh Approves.jpg (596KB, 832x831px) Image search: [Google]
Slaanesh Approves.jpg
596KB, 832x831px
>>50533102
>>
>>50532755
Yes, but a lifelong bookish nerd who learned to change his appearance at will absolutely would choose to appear hench.
>>
>>50533622
Good luck with killing a daemon, khan. They always come back.
>>
>>50533622
How us he the anti psyker?

Do shared topknots spread null fields?
>>
>>50533539

>Not liking to feel stuff.
>>
>>50531105
IT'S LIKE HE'S WEARING NOTHING AT ALL
NOTHING AT ALL
NOTHING AT ALL
>>
>>50523211
battle of the fang is space wolf masturbation and got retconned cause it sucks ass.
>>
File: hurry up you filthy greenskin.jpg (54KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
hurry up you filthy greenskin.jpg
54KB, 480x474px
>>50534192
that's fair enough. in response to your original question, i'd say it'd turn into more of a cross-faction bromance tragedy. they'd just avoid each other on the battlefield and hope that their allies kill the other one instead of having to do it themselves. In response to whether he can kill Magnus or not, he can't. He might have an affinity for the warp and a dampening effect but for one thing Tzeentch will never let his most powerful pawn get taken from him and for another thing even if Jhagatai does kill Magnus he'll reform in the warp unless he does one of those rituals the GK tried to use on Mortarion, but to enact that requires him to be in a specific place with specific circumstances, and I don't think Magnus would be stupid enough to walk into that.
>>
>>50533233
>Daily reminder that if they hadn't decided the Golden Throne is breaking down,

The Emperor himself says that humanity is fucked and that was when the Golden Throne was functional and he wasn't a cripple.

He said that someone would raise more cunning and powerful than Horus who will defeate him.
>>
>>50531105
I - is he...anatomically correct, under there? Asking for a friend.
>>
ao what happened in fenris then? they fucked it up and then they went back to the warp?
>>
>>50527114
Battle of the fang should be retconnned because it was space wolf masturbation and terribly written. Besides it takes away the impact of the wrath of magnus.

>>50527027
So the fuck is this guy supposed to be anyway?
The guy that wrote the index astartes article told me that when the rubrics are destroyed, their souls go back to the warp where they are recasted into a new power armor out of sheer magic.

Also its not unnatural to see the chaos gods reviving their champions.
>>
>>50538005
>thousands sons show up with big red and raise hell
>most of the Fenris system gets fucked, one planet being completely destroyed
>Magnus eventually banished when Logan uses his Khornate fuck-magic axe on him and grey knights push the advantage
>Most the invasion force leaves with him
>Grey knights and inquisition go around killing everyone in the system left alive who saw a demon (so pretty much everyone) Space wolves left too weak afterwards to try and stop them
>SW remnant goes to Cadia to defend against black crusade as it beats sitting around watching their people get genocided
>>
Literally how the fuck can anything stand a chance at stopping magnus besides khornates? Dude soloed 5 dreadknights with ease and took on 4 orbital strikes like nothing. I don't even think another primarch stands a chance in a straight up fight
>>
>>50538779
The same why Magnus always loses. The plot demands it.
>>
>>50538779
Don't be a dumbass, dumbass. The axe unbinded the spell. Unless he finds the Blue Scribes to recast the warding/immunity spell again, then he isn't as durable.
>>
>>50531105

I wish I could commission 'Eavy Metal to paint a nicely blended model like that for my army centerpiece. Commission studios in general are so hit and miss, and often provide paintjobs worse than advertised.
>>
File: Olpharius or Amegon.jpg (792KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Olpharius or Amegon.jpg
792KB, 873x876px
>>50524270
Nice infiltration there...
>>
anyone have quotes from the actual book about Magnus' feats?
>>
>>50524371
>they have very few named characters
Iskander Khayon actually appears fucking everywhere around TS lore theese days. Thouh technically he's a Black legion character.
>>
>>50541433
>Iskander Khayon actually appears fucking everywhere around TS lore theese days.
And thats a travesty that should be ignored like all special snowflakes BL characters.
>>
File: Magnusthered.jpg (411KB, 780x916px) Image search: [Google]
Magnusthered.jpg
411KB, 780x916px
>>50526859
Fuck off Morty. You're next in my revenge list.
>>
hadn't seen rules leeks yet
what are the stars for special weapons for Rubrics?
specifically those assault cannon-looking guns
>>
>>50541455
Khayon was mentioned in new Index Astartes, though.

>>50541433
You are a lying piece of shit who should be gunned down like a dog.

Khayon made like three appearances in the lore.

1-Index Astartes "Death Company"
2-Talon of Horus
3-Ahriman Unchanged

John French and ADB worked together in creating him.

So no, you swine, he doesn't appear everywhere.
>>
>>50526859
>Morty
>literally BTFO by a single gay knight

>Magnus the Based
>Soloed 5 Nemesis Dreadknights and killed a shit ton more grey knights and space wolves

Mortarion eternally BTFO, he is actually the single most cucked primarch of all.
>>
>>50541599
Wrong.

The Blue Scribes looted the Dark Angels library on the Rock and then cast a spell of Magnus that made him immune to all the Grey Knights weaponry and spells. The Grey Knights and Space Wolves couldn't get through the Scribes wards.

When Logan axe dispelled the Scribes magical ward, the Grey Knights swiftly banished Magnus.

Morty didn't have a god mode spell on when he fought the Grey Knights but he wrecked the Grey Knights and killed a Grand Master. Angron also didn't have an immunity spell on him and it took a great effort to banish him and a lot of death.

And you think that Magnus would do better with Draigo? Think again. Like Logan's axe, Draigo's titan sword was forged from a Khornate weapon.
>>
>>50541599
The guy was a failure even before hthe Heresy.
I mean he maanaged to apoint a psyker as hif right-hand-man despite having "hatred of psykers, sorcerers and demons" as his defining character trait. And then he went on and become a sorcerer and a demon himself. Without ditching off his hatred for demons and sorcerers. Even Angron aren't that dumb.
>>
>>50541644
dubs speaks the truth. too many people underestimate the fuck out of grey knights, and forget that they were created to be the anathema of daemons. everything about the grey knights is super effective against daemon primarchs, so it really isn't much of a stretch that they've won in every instance. Grey knights beating daemon primarchs isn't any more sueish than batman beating superman by using kryptonite. . Now if it were a regular, non-grey knight marine, even a chapter master, that would be extreme marine wank
>>
>>50541644
>When Logan axe dispelled the Scribes magical ward, the Grey Knights swiftly banished Magnus.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here Khorne should get the credit. The axe didnt just dispel the wards it wounded Magnus himself and caused every psyker to hear him laughing.

I actually liked the dickery better all the different gods here. Khorne dicked over Magnus who dicked over Mortarion. Thats Chaos.
>>
>>50541752
>Lets not get ahead of ourselves here Khorne should get the credit.

He doesn't, Morkai does. Khorne himself did nothing. The Axe of Morkai has a shard of Khorne's power that has been enslaved by the Rune of Morkai. The Rune keeps the taint of the weapon in check while doing nothing to hinder its ruinous effect on the victims.

In fact, Khorne was been raging at Logan for the theft and enslavement of a portion of his power for years.
>>
>>50541805
Oh its a troll poster. Later mang.
>>
>>50541824
Fucking idiot.

Having you read Arjac's novel? It goes into the reforging of the Axe and the taming of Khorne's power within.

The Sanctus Reach final book mentions how Khorne considers Logan hos greatest mortal enemy. Again, TSfags show themselves to be total scum.
>>
>>50541839
>Again, TSfags show themselves to be total scum.
0/10. I'm actually just disappointed in you.
>>
>>50541839
Marking someone a scum for not reading some obscure novel is pretty skummy by itself.
>>
>>50541867
He is scum for calling me a troll instead of asking me for a source which I would have gladly provided.

And it's not an obscure. It had a limited edition release with much fanfare and with a piece of art bshowing a mural of Arjac giving Logan his reforged axe. The whole novel is about REFORGING THE AXE while fighting Tyranids on Fenris.

TSfags swift to throw a tantrum and accusations when their precious headcanon is breached.
>>
>>50541890
Here is the novel trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXqwiS9rtQ
>>
File: 1480544595509.jpg (14KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1480544595509.jpg
14KB, 300x301px
>>50541805
>>50541839
>>50541890
>>
>>50541909
>he is right
>so he must be Carnac

It just be taken as complement these days.
>>
>>50541918
>he is right so he must be Carnac
Ayyy lmao. We're used to your trolling with every new release Carnac. Your just getting old now.
>>
>>50541931
How is this trolling >>50541805 again? You just decided it was trolling because you got butthurt? Being too blinded by butthurt to actually check if it was true?

>Hundreds of years ago, on the burning fields of Armageddon, Logan Grimnar incurred the wrath of the Blood God. Khorne’s mightiest champions had been defeated by the combined might of the Space Wolves and Grey Knights, great Angron himself banished back to the Warp alongside the dozen-strong honour guard of Bloodthirsters that fought by his side. Grimnar had been newly promoted to Great Wolf a matter of months before the battle began, but it was his strategic genius and unflinching heroism that had held the legions of Chaos at bay long enough for Khorne’s servants to be foiled. It was Grimnar who had slain one of the mightiest lords of the World Eaters, claiming his axe as wargelt. It was Grimnar who had been hailed as Armageddon’s great victor. It was Grimnar upon whom the eye of wrathful Khorne had settled, and whose skull the Blood God now desired above all others.

>Time flows differently in the Warp, days passing in years, decades in mere moments. All the while, Khorne’s desire for revenge roiled in the Immaterium, growing furnace hot and forging legions of Daemons whose only purpose was its fulfilment. Bargains were struck, mighty entities trammelled in brass and fire and standing ready in serried ranks for their master’s command. Now, as the skies opened above Alaric Prime and the Warp bled through, the Blood God seized his chance. Grimnar’s bane was loosed upon the world. The blood debt would be settled.

-Sanctus Reach

Seriously, grow up.
>>
>>50541951
The very idea that you could "tame" a deamon weapon is fucking retarded it speaks volumes of the mary sues the Space Yiffs are, that they have such a weapon.
>>
>>50542058
The Grey Knights kinda do it too. Though, Crowe doesn't draw upon the sword's power but contains it.

Anyways, the Wolves have actual gods and spirits on their side, Morkai being one of them. So they have that advantage.
>>
>>50533441
Doeas anyone have wargear pages?
>>
>>50542086
GKs do it by battling bound daemon's will 24/7.
If they could bound it by some magical rune they'd do it, but it's impossible.
>Anyways, the Wolves have actual gods and spirits on their side
I imagine the rage of wolffags when "end time" plot revels those gods and spirits are chaos Gods in desguise. Becase threre is no way some dipshit underpopulated plane'ts local spirits could contest the will of one of The Four.
>>
>>50529609
it's because they finally got plastic models
>>
>>50542086
Fenris having some sort of nature spirit thing flies in the face of everything that has been established about the setting and nature of the warp.

The ONLY way it would make any amount of sense, is if Fenris was an ancient Eldar exodite world, and the "Spirit of Fenris" was just the world spirit of that world, but even then, it would be quite iffy.
>>
>>50542139
Actually minor warp dieties created by the faith of locals is pretty in line with a lore. The issie is given Fenris is very loosely populated and it's inhabitants are more concerned about everyday survival on the world that tries ti kill them 24/7 then worhiping sheir spirits, those minor warp dieties would be in line with daemonic heralds in power at best. Not really on the level to oppose a major Chaos God.
>>
>>50542139
>The Warp is the realm of the impossible. Anything can happen in it
>No, this thing cannot happen ever

No, this is iffy.
>>
>>50542139
Fenris being a part of a magical realm makes perfect sense to me.
>>
>>50542179
Yes, that's my point.
I should have specified more.

I mean, that the idea that the Spirit of Fenris would be able to do anything major at all, let alone fight against fucking Chaos gods, is what flies against the lore. It would only make teeny bit of sense if Fenris was a former Exodite world, because the World Spirits of Exodite worlds have been established as powerful enough to actually have visible, major effects on their world (though still not powerful enough to fight against chaos gods).
For example, the World Spirits of Exodite worlds can drive the fauna of the world into overdrive to repel invaders, and even trigger volcanic activity, alongside with psychic shenanigans, but that's pretty much it.

>>50542186
There are levels of power in the warp. A minor deity of some bunfuck feral world, being able to contain the power of Khorne, is complete bullshit.
>>
>>50542230
>A minor deity of some bunfuck feral world, being able to contain the power of Khorne, is complete bullshit.

May a remind you that the Emperor was born from the shamans of a single world.
>>
>>50542238
What makes you think that I like the bs about Emperor being the only thing holding chaos back?
It's retarded.

I may be a minority on this regard, but I actually prefer the idea of the Emperor bargaining power from Chaos Gods in order to become powerful enough to create the Primarchs, because it is more sensible to me, than the retarded notion that the shamans of a single world would be enough to create a psyker powerful enough to hold literally all of chaos at bay.
>>
>>50542238
May I remind you that he got his REAL power on Molech from the Four themselves?
>>
>>50542291
Carnac please.
>>
>>50542296
Can anyone explain to me this Canac meme?
>>
>>50542272
You don't have to like it but it shows that there is precedence in the fluff for beings born on single planets from the uncorrupted portions of the warp being able to contend with the Chaos Gods.

The Gods of Fenris are on the same boat as the Emperor except more furry and elemental.
>>
>>50542347
>except more furry
One more reason why Magnus did everything right
>>
>>50542312
Carnac was/is a relentless shitposter that ruins fluff threats by being a god damn autists that only accepts lore that supports his position.
Topics I know he shitposts about are Be'lakor, Necrons, power of Chaos in general, Eldar, and probably many more.
>>
So how is Magnus on tabletop?
>>
>>50542362
So it' a namefag. Curiusly.
I somehow thought is was about drama around Carnac campaign. Haven't beeh here around trhe time it was released.
>>
>>50542396
That's where it started.
He stopped using his name when people started filtering him.
>>
bump for wagear rules leaks
>>
>>50541726
> Now if it were a regular, non-grey knight marine, even a chapter master, that would be extreme marine wank

looks at Ragnar Blackmane

grabs dick

>extreme marine wank
>>
>>50524301
It's a reference to Egyptian stuff where cow symbology was common and associated with Isis who was also goddess of magic
>>
>>50528051
Except the novel stated the wolf brothers were in stasis
So potentially we could have space wolves opening up recruitment especially in Age of the Emperor when we have legion based empires as seperate factions
>>
>tight sealed armour with dust and spirit of marine inside
>somehow manage to replace heresy helmet with fancy egyptian-like one

or helmet and blue armour is actually part of mutation?
>>
>>50542837
Ahriman magically reforges and repaints Amon's armour in like three seconds in "Exile". Not hard to imagine other sorcerers reforging rubric armour at their whim.
>>
>>50531105
>empty base with just armour pieces scattered on black plastic
quality
>>
>>50542884
Also in "Atlas Infernal" rubric marines themselves regnerate their damaged armour in seconds.
>>
Do red TS Marines still exist?
>>
>>50543098
one of schemes in Wrath of Magnus is red/gold (factions totally made up just to excuse diffrent colours)
>>
File: TS Hosts of the Psyker Lords.png (414KB, 1004x571px) Image search: [Google]
TS Hosts of the Psyker Lords.png
414KB, 1004x571px
So I posted this in the 40k general and got no responses feels bad man so iIll try again here.

So is it possible to talk about WoM without skub wars yet? Because I wanna talk about the fluff about the number of TSons mentioned in the book.

Before now we had a mention of something like 1200 TS surviving Prospero in ATS. I think this book has either retconned that or shows that TS can recruit and resummon/create more rubric marines. Specifically this part here
>The Exalted Sorcerers and Daemon Princes who rule the Silver Towers each command many of these thrallbands, which may be gathered together into hundreds-strong task forces called Exalted Thrallbands. Their followers comprise the raiding forces through which Tzeentch enacts some of his most violent schemes upon the galaxy.

Now doing the math here 9 silver towers attacked Fenris. That means at minimum 900 sorcerers on Fenris from the towers. Ahriman is said to have doubled the forces of Magnus buy bringing the exiles although this is more vague.
>In summoning his fellow Exiles and their thrallbands to war, Ahriman all but doubled the martial strength the Crimson King brought to bear.

So at this point we have 1800 TS sorcerers at bare minimum. This does not count any of the Rubricae or Scarabs only the sorcerers and Aspiring sorcerers leading them as no numbers are given for them.

So what do you guys think about this? Its not even mentioned how many silver towers there are and it is also said that there are others active in the galaxy at the same time.
>>
>>50543240
I haven't read fluff yet, but I think that Magnus and Ahriman did their HR job in warp. They had 10k years (+gorillion more because time flows diffrently in warp) and recruited potent psykers who wanted to enjoy pleasures of studying in libaries of Tzica. Same goes with new rubrics/termies/etc. they just put potent spirits into power armours.
>>
>>50543322
>but I think that Magnus and Ahriman did their HR job in warp.
The only source I've read before this on TS recruiting after the Rubric actually had Magnus's guys steal a potential recruit from Ahriman. Khrove I think. So its not too much of a stretch to have them recruiting. However it is interesting because if they only stated off with around 100 surviving members let with useable geneseed then they've made a pretty impressive recovery especially after being in the eye. So thats interesting by itself as if the TS have grown in numbers from 100 alive members to 1800ish then what might have happened for the other legions?

>they just put potent spirits into power armours.
I'd love to hear more about this if you have a source? As I've never read that before. Do you mean as in using demons?
>>
>>50543412
well, when it comes to geneseed, this mite be a struggle for loyalist chapters, since their primarchs are gone/dead, but for T-Sons not really.

and thing with putting spirits into power armours is just my speculation, in codex they're animated/haunted suits, commanded by sorc, so I thought that would make sense
>>
>>50543412
>I'd love to hear more about this if you have a source? As I've never read that before. Do you mean as in using demons?

The Index Chaotica Rubricae mentions Rubric marines appearing in other warbands, IIRC. It sppeculates something about Ahriman battering with other warbands over the knowledge of creating Rubrics.
>>
necrons
>spirits in armours
>egyptian theme
>only leaders remained their sanity and personality
>came back after long long time
>use long forgotten weapons

t-sons
>spirits in armours
>egyptian theme
>only leaders remained their sanity and personality
>came back after long long time
>use long forgotten magic

gee, that's clever GW
>>
>>50543594
it's hard to class either necrons or t-sons as sane anymore. and when you need to be purposely vague in order to make a point then you should realise it's a bad point.
>>
>>50543559
>well, when it comes to geneseed
I'd actaully never thought of that before lol. Not sure if demon Primarchs can still be used in that fashion, will have to look that up.

As for the Rubric Marines no, they were created by Ahriman in a specific event. Thats why I find it interesting that their numbers seem so high as it means they must be a of making more that just hasnt been mentioned.

>>50543571
>The Index Chaotica Rubricae
The only thing that it says as far as I'm aware is this
>How, or even if, the Rubric Marines are reinforced is a secret only the Sorcerers of the Thousand Sons and Tzeentch himself know. It has been theorized that Sorcerers can use spells of reincarnation to reinstall those spirits freed by the destruction of their armoured forms – rebinding them within new tombs of power armour. Or perhaps Ahriman himself has had his hand in recreating his infamous spell of old? For Ahriman remains the most powerful of the Thousand Sons Sorcerers, and has been endlessly active since his banishment. Over the millennia, he has raided more magical knowledge and stolen more arcana than any – his guarded hoard nearly as sizable as that of Magnus. However they are sustained, the Rubric Marines remain relentless enemies of the Imperium, as they have been for nearly 10,000 years.

>>50543649
TS can be pretty sane just listen to this guy from WoM
>‘It pains me to do this, wolf,’ called out the traitor. ‘I spoke to absolve your kind at the Council of Embers."
>'There are greater wars than ours,’ continued the Sorcerer. ‘The perspective of aeons has relegated you to an inconvenience.’
He then proceeds to die but still interesting.
>>
>>50543733
I wouldn't class anyone who works for Tzeentch as fully sane. They might look sane, their actions might seem sane, but the overall goal of working for a paradox god is not quite sane.
>>
>>50543873
>but the overall goal of working for a paradox god is not quite sane.
Fair enough. I think its semantics but I'd still personally argue that most TS are sane in that they have goal that they work towards. Working for Tzeentch doesnt make one insane insofar as some of the other gods. Planning and hope requires a certain amount of freedom of choice that the other gods dont need.

Ahriman for example is sane in that his purpose is 'justified'. His corruption is wholly more realized in that this noble purpose has caused him to fall so far. I dont think makes him insane but I could see why people would think so lol.
>>
>>50543873
Most TS (and indeed most Tzeenchites in general) don't work for Tzeentch. They work for their own ambitions and hopes. Best of them actually work AGAINST Tzeentch and the best of the best of them - Ahriman - works to overthrow and replace him. Point is any scheming, any ambition, any hope powers Tzeentch, and he LOVES those with high ambitions, labyrinthine planes and hope for the better future.
>>
>>50543944
Ahriman's mind is shattered, dude.
>>
>>50544275
He's not shattered, he's delusional.
Which is so much better.
>>
>>50544275
Tell me more of that which that you speak Anon.
>>
>>50544321
His mind fragmented to many pieces each representing a memory or a regret.
>>
>>50544683
When? Are you sure you're not thinking of Magnus whom Ahriman reforged at the second Rubric?
>>
>>50544720
In the final novel. Ahriman Unchanged. Check the part where you get to explore Ahriman's mind scape.
>>
>>50544863
Ah right, I remember that actually. So is Iobel still in there or is she dead now?
>>
>>50544863
I dont think that means his mind has shattered Anon. Even then he has been depicted in later novels and whole and 'sane' such as Atlas Infernal and WoM itself.
>>
>>50527969

The Emperor has no time for those who can only aspire to be Ultramarines.
>>
>>50544900
She was dead by the middle of the "Sorcerer". Didn't stop her from being there.
>>
>>50545811
That was because she basically was a representation of Ahrimans self doubt. I took it more as a metaphor then an actual representation of his mind being fractured.
>>
>>50531245
The blue and gold is generally derived from Ahriman's cult, whose name I can't recall of the top of my head. Not all Thousand Sons cults are required to adhere to it.
>>
>>50545695

You have earned a purity seal.
>>
>>50546949
It's Corvidae
>>
>>50533908

Stupid sexy Magnus!
>>
>>50547864
Thank you.
>>
>>50533441

>ARCH-SROCERER OF TZEENTCH
>ARCH-SROCERER
>SROCERER

Goddanmit WG!
>>
>>50548619
Thats that dude 'fix' of the rules. Did you even read his post?
>>
>>50529775
You're a fucking idiot
>>
someone got that picture of that pale colored magnus that looked awesome?
>>
>>50529775
Concurring, top class dick. You have no friends and this is why
>>
>>50531105
KARS!
>>
So does anyone else think Thousand Sons helmets look ridiculous? They're just way to big. Even though I like them I'd never collect them.
>>
>>50529731
>These two companies that are different are the same
>I don't understand how corporations work
>>
Anyone work out a semi decent TS army with the new stuff?
Doesn't look like there's much hope at making it overly competitive, but ive never used that as a reason to make or break my decision to build an army.
>>
>>50552663
Im just messing around with some lists at the moment. What points limit are you looking for?
>>
So a crunch question, if a squad of sorcerers with a Sigil each, and MoT get a blessing cast on them, do they then receive a 2++ from the formation bonus? Or is it still a 3++?
>>
>>50552685
1500 is the usual limit with my little playgroup, but we'll sometimes do pickup games at 1000.
Whatever you've got, I'm happy to take inspiration from.
>>
>>50552777
The problem seems to be getting enough guys on the table whilst also having enough warp charges to uses your sorcerers. I'll show you what I was trying to do.

TS Grand Covern -1155

War Cabal - 1030
Rubric Marines (10) - 280pts with icon of flame
Scarab Occult Terminators (5) - 300pts with soulreaper and hellfyre
Exalted Sorcerer (1) - 230pts ML3 Astral Grimore
Exalted Sorcerer (1) - 220pts ML3 Helm of the third eye

Demon Engine
Maulerfeind - 125

This is basically the minimum to get the bonus's from the TS formation. You have one ES join the rubrics giving overwatch and the other ES giving the Termis jump. However I dont even know if this is worth it to pimp out the sorcs with so little on the board. So do you add Tzaangors or demons? I think you have to go demons just to get some warp charges.

Allies - 293
Herald of Tzeentch (1) - 95pts ML3
Pink Horrors (11) - 99pts
Pink Horrors (11) - 99pts

This leaves you with 50ish points left. Now you have 16 WC and some more objective holders. I dont know man I'm really not sure how the rubrics and termis will play out yet. If they're not worth the points it not worth attempting to buff them up.
>>
is there a scan for the rules?
>>
>>50546949
Prodigal Sons
>>
>>50555886
It's his current coven.
Or "thrallband" as the new fluff suggests.
Thus was wrong with the "coven"?
>>
>>50523354
>Not Magnus The Read
>>
I really like the aesthetic and idea behind the Tsons, and I'm looking for something to read, is there any fluff in which the Tsons win a battle or war? Cause now that I know about them I'd really like to read a story about them winning.

Can you guys help?
>>
File: 1475586045773.jpg (53KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
1475586045773.jpg
53KB, 626x551px
>>50558301
>>
>>50558301
The Ahriman novel series is pretty great. Id start there.
>>
>>50523211
Can someone explain why half the traitor legions swapped colours after the heresy? For some legions this makes sense (Luna Wolves -> Sons of Horus -> Black Legion) but for others I don't get it.

Why are the Thousand Sons blue and gold instead of Red and Silver?

How did a legion as insane as the World Eaters all manage to swap together from blue and white to red and gold?

Why do the Emperor's Children even have a uniform colour scheme?
>>
>>50558301
Yeah, read Wrath of Magnus.
>>
>>50558629
Technically they don't really win until like, the last sentence of the last book. You do get to see doombreed though, and that's always nice.
>>
>>50558636
>Thousand sons
They decided to swap to blue and gold, which were the colours of the corvidae before the heresy anyway. The rubricae for some reason had their armours warped that colour
>World eaters
The fluffy explanation is that their armours are stained with blood but desu I'd say it's just to be more in line with khorne, him being all blood, skulls and brass.
>Emperor's children
They're Slaaneshi now of course they're gonna be vain.
>>
>>50558629
Ahriman novel series? Okay I'll check that out. Thanks. Who do they fight in it by the way?

>>50559018
They don't really win. Its more like normal hero versus villain books where the villain looks like he's going to win but then the hero does xxx and saves the day miraculously with a sequel hook.

I'd like to read a book in which the Thousand Sons just straight up win the planet they're fighting on or whatever.
>>
>>50560202
>Ahriman novel series? Okay I'll check that out. Thanks. Who do they fight in it by the way?
They fight multiple people, Inquisition obviously, but the gist of the whole series is that Ahriman tries to fix the Rubricae with a second rubric, so they end up fighting Magnus and the Tsons.
>>
File: The Crimson King.jpg (266KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
The Crimson King.jpg
266KB, 600x620px
The true crimson king
>>
>>50560202
There's a short story where a White Scars company are fighting to stop a Tzeentch sorcerer from completing a ritual that would give him power over an entire planet. The White Scars librarian puts up a heck of a fight but still losses and ends up as a sacrifice to the ritual, leaving the planet Tzeentch controlled.
>>
Hey guys this may be a dumb question, but why can't sorcerers and exalted sorcerers get spell familiars if their entry says they have access to rewards and artefacts?
>>
>>50560214
Oh, so like an internal civil war, got it.

>>50560762
Do you know its name? Also are they Thousand Sons or other Tzeentch Marines? Thanks for the info anyway though.
>>
>>50558636
The World Eaters answer USED to be that during the heresy they fought so often and didn't give a shit to cleaning their armor, so it turned blood red. Soon it became common for the more bloody warriors to be seen as the better fighters and thus the legion coated themselves in the stuff. Angron's Ascension to demonhood also encouraged that, as the more blood the more favor by Khorne.

Then it just became a thing.

Though this reason is a few years old, I don't know how well it holds up now.
>>
>>50561021
Glory from Chaos. It was in last year's Call of Chaos set.
>>
>>50558636
>Why do the Emperor's Children even have a uniform colour scheme?

Because GW needs them to have a uniform color scheme to sell the concept to players and create a proper theme visually. Also the other traitor cult legions have colors matching their god's primary color's so Slannesh needed it as well.

That's really it, in the lore its often described that their colors are usually insanely bright and complex, insane patterns and color combos that visually mar the mind of normal people, but to them its the best they can do to even feel something from it, as their senses are dulled to anything less.
>>
>>50561077
After Angron's ascension, and especially after the Siege of Terra, a number of World Eaters started getting prophetic visions and words from Khorne. Some took to Blood God worship wholeheartedly, including repainting themselves in his colors.
>>
>>50543240
The "Thousand Sons", while named as such, never were actually only 1000 in number. They were a legion with 10s of thousands of marines at the time of the sac of Prospero. They were the smallest legion, sure, but they were still MUCH larger then 1000 marines.

Unless anything changed I think the Emperor's Children are actually smaller then they were due to their geneseed tragedy.
>>
>>50561196
The geneseed incident was 100+ years before the Horus Heresy. The Emperor's Children had 110,000 marines by the time of Isstvan.
>>
>>50560988
Dying for an awnser to this one guys, keep seeing people complain they can't take spell familiars and can't figure it out for the life of me.
>>
>>50561196
I believe the name comes from the fact that before emps found magnus and he "fixed" their mutation problem, only around a 1000 dudes had survived. By the time of Prospero they were up to 10000s
>>
>>50560988
I'd assume because it doesn't say they have access to spell familiars, artefacts and mutations being different things.
>>
>>50561411
Aye that was it. Upon meeting them for the first time Magnus refered to them as his sons, hence the name.
>>
>>50561503
They do have access to rewards though and in the cam Dex familiars are listed under rewards. Besides the standard sorcerers don't even have a wrath of Magus entry but use the same text and can take familiars.
>>
>>50561196
>The "Thousand Sons", while named as such, never were actually only 1000 in number.
The TS have been reduced/at 1000 members 3 times in their history. At their creation the Emperor only created 1000 of them thus giving them their name. This was probably to this out their stability because of their gene stock and the Emps understanding of Magnus.

The second time was just before meeting Magnus as their gene flaw had laid them low. This was the factor that first lead Magnus into dealing with Tzeentch, although he didn't know this at the time. It has yet to be explained why the Emperor let it get to this point.

The third time is after the events of Prospero where the sons are recorded as having 1242 survivors in the novel 'A Thousand Sons'. This was why the number of the TS in WoM was interesting to me as it appears they are now much much larger then this.

>>50561411
>>50561937
This is incorrect. They were named by the Emperor at the start of the Great Crusade. The Thousand Sons never had a name change upon meeting their Primarch. Unless of course their has been a retcon that I have yet to come across?
>>
>>50563957
I'm guessing the Emperor didn't know exactly what Magnus had done to 'cure' the Flesh Change
>>
>>50564434
Thats probably correct. Still, doesn't explain why he let the TS get down to 1000 members without doing anything about it himself.
>>
anyone have the legion rules and formations?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.