[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forever DM's have solace, let your character ideas lie here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 27

Forever DM's have solace, let your character ideas lie here.
>>
Warlock who has nightly chats with a star in the sky
>>
>>50515294
an assassin rogue that's somehow not a huge edgelord persona that enjoys monologuing and hunting for sport. sort of fights like predator and throws out puns and clever wordplay like arnold
>>
File: 1478331390388.jpg (188KB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478331390388.jpg
188KB, 927x1200px
Reverse Joan of Arc.
>>
A Sorcerer who fakes being a Wizard because he's ashamed of his really average int.
Oh, and he can also juggle.
>>
A guy with a gun. He's just a man who needs to make money fast to pay some debts, and is better with a pistol than a human being has any right to be
>>
A fighter halfling who rides into battle on a mule he stole from a farmer in his childhood, feels incredibly bad about that and hopes to find and repay the farmer.
>>
A Lizardfolk ranger who uses every part of the kill and finds the idea of leaving behind or burying a corpse to be repulsive.
A Eclipse Phase character who comes from a scum barge entirely populated with other forks of himself. His muse and any allies/enemies at character creation are other forks. He fights with knives and loads of combat drugs.
A Dwarven Rogue, because the Dark Iron Dwarves are cool as fuck.
>>
>>50515294
Kind hearted Half Ogre chef turned adventurer named Cookie.
>>
>>50515558
>uses every part of the kill and finds the idea of leaving behind or burying a corpse to be repulsive.
I find the huge number of bodies a D&D party leaves in their wake would make this tedious fast.
>>
>>50515294
A kenku bard who's made an archenemy by auditioning for a big part in an opera by stealing an elf's voice for it in rehearsals.
>>
A sleazy cleric that uses religion and divine magic as a way to make money. Think more snake oil salesman healer than televangelist.

A twitchy, undead-phobic rogue that speaks very rapidly in a mostly incomprehensible Scottish accent.

A large, muscular, physically imposing swordsman that has no idea that other people find him so threatening.
>>
>>50515294
A jester.
Seriously i really don't care about the specifics but i fucking love the idea of dashing around in garish colours and dueling people with incredible flourish.
>>
Attila the Lizardman.
>>
-Sir Wilfred Death, a skilled duellist.
-Three-Fingered Pete, an archer who only has three fingers on his right hand
-Guy de Glastonbury, a highwayman who kills his victims after taking their money.
-Sean the Irish Bastard, a thief who preys on beggars.
-Friar Bellows, who uses his position to deflower peasant girls.
Jack Large, a dwarf, described as --"Unspeakably Violent Jack, the bull-buggering priest-killer of no fixed abode."
>>
>>50515619
Lots to eat, though
>>
>>50515829
Probably get fat pretty quick.
>>
File: horatio.jpg (57KB, 529x425px) Image search: [Google]
horatio.jpg
57KB, 529x425px
>>50515558
>the second one
>>
>>50515972
I mean it's a high octane lifestyle, you'd make use of most of the nutrients you eat.
The most fun I can imagine is trying to convince Chubby Lizard that he shouldn't eat humanoids.
>>
>>50516081
That's my fuckin' boy, though I dislike the fact he rules his clones, I want to be lost in my clones
>>
A sorcerer/warrior that only uses touch spells by punching. Thinks wizards are pussies.
>>
>>50516381
It sounds like you'd soon enough forget whether you're the original, or a clone.
>>
Town guardsman who decided to take up adventuring in his late 40s, or race equivalent, to pay for his grand daughter's magic training at a well-to-do school. Decided on this change of career as his captain's pay isn't enough to cover the entire tuition.
>>
>>50516516
Good, one version of me is not any better than the other. The distinction between original and clone doesn't matter.
>>
>>50515489
I like this actually.

A Half Elf Fighter nobleman who's a bastard and will never inherit so he went on to make his own fortune
>>
Gnome Ship Captain that is recklessly suicidal in regards to obtaining booty. Ramming ships, swinging from the rigging on to enemy ships and flinging far too much fire around to be considered sane.
>>
>>50515476
A boy that decides to stay home and be a good wife instead of going out and getting burned to death?
>>
>>50515294
In D&D 5e, a nature domain cleric who is more like an eastern monk than a western priest. He wields a khakkhara ring staff and wears a straw hat and is all about animism.

A warrior who relies heavily on illusion magic in battle to create copies of himself to distract and decieve his foes.

Any character who, after the campaign's main villain is defeated, assumes the villain's former position of power and takes over that empire, but without actually betraying the party.
>>
A Possessed Chaos Marine who, in their utter Warp-fueled delusion believes himself to be hunting down evildoers in a righteous crusade when in fact, they are doing the exact opposite.
>>
File: chaps.jpg (60KB, 527x681px) Image search: [Google]
chaps.jpg
60KB, 527x681px
>>50518076
I like this.
>>
>>50515294
An anarchist genetic researcher looking for ways to wipe out the Psyconaut precogs in her homeland. Has a pechant for burning the corrupted since the ends justify the means so long as the ends are her own.
>>
>>50518043
>A warrior who relies heavily on illusion magic in battle to create copies of himself to distract and decieve his foes
Yesssss
>>
I was flipping through some Shadowrun books earlier and had the idea for a flamboyant, mildly androgynous, hypersexual satyr face who's secretly cold and calculating but understands that sex sells and playing up the horny partyboy/girl (can't decide on gender) stereotype causes people to underestimate you. Not sure what else they'd do within the party. Adept of some kind maybe?
>>
>>50518938
Forgot to mention, I'd basically play them as HIM from Powerpuff Girls
>>
>>50517981
a british boy
>>
A Bullywug knight who realized his people were bad, so he ran away to train under a master swordsman, Garth Huxley. After Garth died at the hands of a hobgoblin warparty attacking the capital city, he swore to rid the world of all evil. The Bullywug, who Garth had named Dansworth, now takes on the last name of his master, and sets out on his quest.
>>
File: 1457481209078.jpg (34KB, 1024x530px) Image search: [Google]
1457481209078.jpg
34KB, 1024x530px
>>50515294
A cursed sword that possesses his owner and takes over his body. He wants to learn about his own past, but he's tremendously narcissistic and talks for hours about how awesome is his sword/himself.
>>
>>50515692
Sounds like it'd be good for a bard
>>
>>50515294
A big muscly orc or possible ogre barbarian/druid who likes to punch things, live a simple life in the woods until adventure calls, and cuddle with his equally big animal companion, which I'd call Fang-Fang.
>>
Goblin Alchemist. Doesn't know what's going to happen most of the time, quite forgetful with where he leaves his potions. Doesn't talk much, and gets quite annoyed nobody ever wants to learn Goblin, so he has to wrangle his tongue into speaking Common. Not really evil, but somewhat of a reluctant Hero.

Male Drow Barbarian. Ran away from the Underdark, because he couldn't take any fucking more. Still evil as fuck, but humbled by his experiences below, so he has to get his selfish kicks where he can without risking the fury of the Surface-Matrons.

Thyrsus Libertine with Forces Legacy. Sees the pulse of the universe through each and every living being. Channels and generates forces with his body, and enjoys fucking with sound and kinetic energy most of all.

Obrimos Thearch. Obsessed with reconnecting with the great Aether, and as such obsessed over finding some manifestation of its will in the Fallen World. Shadow Name focuses on the imagery of Mahou Shoujo, however she's now late 20s and can be a tad embarrased by her earlier life choices. Especially when she's nursing two black eyes and is spitting up blood all over her frilly dress after taking down a Murder-Spirit.

Dwarf Hacker. Had all the malicious, selfish, vengeful parts of his brain burnt out by BTL abuse, and now wanders the world in a scerene state of near-contentment. Still suffers horrible neurological side effects. Wears a lot of hawaiian shirts, thongs, and shorts. Steals souvineers from wherever he goes.

Heretek hiding in the Screaming Vortex. Obsessed with the stars, and was driven mad by gazing directly into a Chaos Tainted one. Now he wants to build shit like cosmic lasers, and blow up planets so he can get a better view of a distant constellations. Also you know, destroy the Imperium, because they keep trying to destroy his telescopes.

Scarecrow Changeling. Very good with a needle and thread, having learned to mystically stitch flesh like cloth.
>>
A Halfling monk who is obsessed with eastern culture to the point that it addles his brain. He wanders the countryside trying to live up to the hagakure ala Don Quioxte
>>
True neutral necromancer who is very introverted, dislikes associating with the living, works as town mortician and gravekeeper. Despite that would go any lengths to protect the townspeople, albeit behind the scenes.
>>
>>50515494
Booker Dewitt?
>>
File: 12124125125.jpg (3MB, 2641x2340px) Image search: [Google]
12124125125.jpg
3MB, 2641x2340px
>>50515294
Kind of not getting it, as DM I am able to create and play as a huge number of various npc starting from peasant children and mooks to the BBEG and powerful entities.

pic related, my character, kind of one of bbegs in a setting
>>
A bard who wants to become a career politician travelling around the country committing unspeakable acts of good while giving his business card around in hopes of making contacts.
>>
C-can people who just have nogame come too?

A card shark who won a cursed deck in a bet, now he can cast spells at the cost of coin, the gold going... somewhere, presumably paying whoever made the deck.

He also can't really choose what spell he draws.
>>
>>50516081
I am so behind horatio techniques.
His only problem is he cloned some fuck named horatio instead of me.
Obvious design flaw.
>>
A PC I had in a campaign where our team was reset to the beginning when we started our quest every time we died having survived quantum leaping to another world to gain and amass power to eliminate the gods, devils, etc. and remake the multiverse without them as the BBEG of a campaign.
>>
>>50515294
I just want to play a paladin
>>
>>50515433
Assassin Rogue that is INTENTIONALLY a huge edgelord persona. Plot twist is that it's a teenager that just has a well-developed body, making him seem more of an adult than he actually is.
>>
>>50518076
I always wanted to do a game where the PC's are a squad of chaos space marines who "wake up" to the facts of what they're doing.
>>
File: thats too bad.png (54KB, 154x165px) Image search: [Google]
thats too bad.png
54KB, 154x165px
>>50515476
>>
>>50517981
>boywife
The finest of tastes.
>>
File: 880.gif (1MB, 398x259px) Image search: [Google]
880.gif
1MB, 398x259px
>>50521399
My melanin-bearing comrade.
>>
File: ha.png (99KB, 236x223px) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
99KB, 236x223px
>>50521425
My compatriot of darker complexion
>>
File: 1480675939227.jpg (278KB, 1097x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1480675939227.jpg
278KB, 1097x1500px
Neutral Good Male Human Fighter.
>>
>>50519110
Rouge/Bard multiclass maybe
>>50515692
>>
>>50519094
Anubis?
>>
>>50515294
I've got a few, but not all are necessarily ideas for Player Characters.

One is basically that super fit old guy that still gets out and runs every morning, even if it's freezing rain.
He's like 60 years old, and back in his day, he was the most martially capable man in a thousand miles.
Now age has caught up with him, and even though his body is starting to weaken, he's still fit, and experience has made up for not being as young as he used to be. He can still kick the ass of any Fighter who comes to challenge him, and gets more pussy than your party's Bard.

Another was an idea for a BBEG, but unfortunately one I'll probably never get to use.
It was basically an Efreeti Sultan who desired to become a God, and had built a cult around himself in order to steal or attain Divinity. This was back when 3.5 was a thing, so I had given him levels in Ur-Priest.

Last, I've always liked the idea of Archery-focused Paladins. I played one a LONG time ago in 3.5, and had a hell of a lot of fun with him.
He was a lowborn Archer who had shown exemplary service on the battlefield by being the single survivor of the team of bowmen covering the retreat of their liege's personal troop. He was Knighted, and given a place amongst an order of Paladins. He tries his best to show his highborn comrades the perspectives of the common people and how best serve those that they protect.

That's just a few of my favorites. I've got more, as well as a recurring mouthpiece NPC who I've wanted to put into a proper campaign for a while.
>>
>>50519220
I really like your heretek idea. I will probably be stealing that for a future Black Crusade npc.
>>
>>50515294
All these are Anima, just a heads up.

>Mute defense-centric Tao, heavy focus on ignoring penalties from multiple enemies/defenses and grapple/takedown penalties. Fairly reserved personality, with some abandonment phobias that have produced an almost needy sense of loyalty towards whoever they get hired by.

>loose callout to DOOMGUY, Tao again, but focused on offense and Ki Abilities that let him heal off of melee kills, grapple well above his weight/size class. Also take the Projectile Weapon module and Blood of Solomon for Big Fucking Magitech Gun fun. Maybe also have a habit of flipping shit when someone mentions demons, but avoid actively hurting humans/humanoids unless they try to actually kill him. Preferably in a campaign based in Moth.

>Nasty as fuck Telepathy Mentalist, with heavy focus on accruing a massive group of mind-wiped meat puppets that do most of the fighting. Think Legato Bluesummers.

>Pure Daimah Technician "Red Mage" Pirate focused on being stylish AF, "casting spells" and gallivanting about laying with wenches. Also a plethora of cat puns in every sentence that leaves his meouth.

>Disguise happy Shadow, with the Transformation Ki abilities to turn into statues/pillars/tables etc, who does the killing not for money or a cause, but because he believes himself an artiste, and finds greater joy in more challenging kills.

Alas, I'm the only one in the group who can into consistent plot line creation, so I'm stuck in ForeverGM position for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>50519787
That's an amazing idea. Might make a magic item like that for my players!
>>
>>50521497
I found a homebrew Bard college called "College of the Fool" that isn't shit. I'll look for it again and post it here. It definitely works for the theme
>>
>>50521497
okay found it for 5e http://imgur.com/TUGn7DI
>>
>>50515294
A rootin' tootin' Kobold gunslinger with a revolver, he's LE and would do good deeds so people would trust him, then he'd steal their stuff while their guard was down and ride off into the sunset.

I like to come up with LE characters who could still function in a party with any good characters.
>>
>>50520924
Hey, look, it's one of my recurring NPCs.
He's currently accompanied by a paladin aspiring to noblebrightness, and his (the edgelord's, not the knight's) foster mother, who is an aging female cleric who doesn't take shit from anyone.
>>
>>50520733
I want to play a paladin which is essentially a medieval Jedi.
>>
Dwarven Druid who'se been travelling the world, cataloguing new species and learning as much about them as possible. Basically imagine David Attenborough if he had a gnarly-ass beard and wasn't afraid to wreck face in melee if it comes to it. Prefers to fight as an animal if practical, Komodo Dragon being his preferred form. Fond of shifting into a Pangolin and pretending to be a rock.
>>
>>50515294
I want to play a Khorne Marine in Black Crusade who's taken the focus on bloodshed to its total extreme, detaching himself completely from everything in the universe but whoever he's currently killing.

Like some kind of zen monk of murder, always blissful and serene even when he's chopping people up. Emotional excess and attachment to the sensuality of murder is for Slaanesh. All Khorne wants is blood.
>>
>>50515294
A Wizard who ravenously hunts for the secrets of undeath so he may save those he loves and himself from the cold reaches of the beyond.
>>
>>50525739
We all know how this ends.
>>
>>50515294
Ever since I read Volo's Guide to Monsters where they talk about gnolls seeing signs from Yeenoghu everywhere I wanted to do this.

Gnoll Druid who thinks he's a cleric, and interprets the various signs of nature telling him to go help puppies and plant trees as the vile will of Yeenoghu, leading to this feral gnoll following around the rest of the party convinced that his god has ordained them to play a part in some kind of horrifying destruction in the future. He also constantly stops in the middle of things to note down the various signs that appear around him on his clothes/weapons/belongings/enemies in reach.
>>
>>50523966
A DM who has no idea what Lawful Evil means, that's a turn-up.
>>
>>50524936
You think David Attenborough is afraid to wreck faces?
>>
>>50515294
Untouchable Jim, a barbarian with 42 AC who really, really doesn't like physical contact.
>>
>>50520924
Assassin rouge who tries to be a complete edge lord, but his mother calls him frequently with the sending spell to check up on her little sweetiekins, and sends care packages of cookies and baked goods to him so he doesn't get homesick.
>>
>>50515669
>A sleazy cleric that uses religion and divine magic as a way to make money.
How does his god feel about this? Perhaps more importantly, how does he feel about his god?
>>
>>50515413
Does the star talk back or...?
>>
A mathemetician who thinks he's smart because he memorized a bunch of formulas.

Also is a total dick about it.
>>
>>50515669
Oh, hey, I've sort of played that first one. He wasn't a particular's god cleric, mind you. He was litterally powered by the concept of Cynicism, and Cynicism demanded he sell his holy powers in the most undignified ways possible.
>>
>>50515751
They all sound like assholes
>>
>>50521381
go to bed, M Night Shamalyon
>>
File: college of the fool.jpg (421KB, 1456x2060px) Image search: [Google]
college of the fool.jpg
421KB, 1456x2060px
>>50522551
>imgur
Why wouldn't you just post the picture?
Also, this doesn't seem too bad, but the fact that being a fool doesn't seem to have any ramifications outside of combat seems kind of lame to me.
>>
>>50523966
theft isn't lawful
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (35KB, 640x374px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
35KB, 640x374px
>>50521652
>One is basically that super fit old guy that still gets out and runs every morning, even if it's freezing rain.
>He's like 60 years old, and back in his day, he was the most martially capable man in a thousand miles.
>Now age has caught up with him, and even though his body is starting to weaken, he's still fit, and experience has made up for not being as young as he used to be. He can still kick the ass of any Fighter who comes to challenge him, and gets more pussy than your party's Bard.
>>
>>50529478
oh yeah, just in hurry to post it, sorry about that
>>
>>50525785
Elaborate, you vile fiend.
>>
A necromancer that always tried really hard to be a druid for his love of nature but has sort of an anti green thumb because he can't stop killing things
>>
>>50522109
let me elaborate then:
He has a set amount of gold he has to pay for every spell, a minimum, but if he pays more, he's more likely to get what he wants, or the effect he gets will be stronger, or both. He casts by drawing a card while thinking of the gold amount and revealing it. If he doesn't have the gold, it will take items equaling in value to that gold.

I'm well aware this is just a modified deck of many things, but it's still a fun idea.
>>
>>50530149
There's a (wizard? I forget) subclass called a defiler that draws life from plants to use their magic
>>
>>50530199
That sounds pretty sweet. I was almost thinking a multiclassed wiz/druid (5e) and maybe refluffing the druid spells
>>
File: brawler.jpg (208KB, 800x925px) Image search: [Google]
brawler.jpg
208KB, 800x925px
>>50521652
>he can still kick the ass of any fighter who comes to challenge him, and gets more pussy than your party's Bard.
Then what's the fucking point of him being old then?
Christ. When you get old, a couple things happen. You get less strong, you get more health problems, you get less attractive. None of those matters for this guy, apparently, except that he's "more experienced." Which is cool, but I mean, what's the point of aging this guy to 60 when he might as well be 35 or 40 based on how much it actually matters?

It's the same as getting rom-com protagonists who are "clumsy," because it generally doesn't matter for rom-com plots except for setting up meet-cutes, plus audiences (and love interests) can find it charmingly vulnerable. Meanwhile, this guy is old, but he still wins every fight and gets every girl and probably never has a bad back. So why does it matter that he's old in the first place?

I frankly love the "old fighter who can still hold his own" trope, especially as applies to monks and things. But for Christ's sake it's supposed to make the character a competent underdog, not an avatar of juvenile masculinity who kicks ass all day and slays poon all night. It's absurd.
>>
File: 1477161732846.jpg (70KB, 336x854px) Image search: [Google]
1477161732846.jpg
70KB, 336x854px
>>50521459
>>50521399
My brethren of African descent.
>>
>>50529478
Isn't there a UA for jester bards? Like, do what you want, but I don't get using homebrew when semi-official is available.
>>
a faerie wizard that lives inside the skull of an awakened skeleton npc who is also it's best friend

dm rolls and decides what the skeleton does while my faerie shoots spells out of the skeleton's eyes
>>
>>50528830
stars cant talk retard
>>
>>50518972
>playing as Him
I love it, that guy was perfecr
>>
File: Misha1.png (182KB, 307x465px) Image search: [Google]
Misha1.png
182KB, 307x465px
Shapeshifter trained as a pugilist to bear-punch people
>>
File: choas lords.jpg (672KB, 2870x1111px) Image search: [Google]
choas lords.jpg
672KB, 2870x1111px
i picture the sleazy cleric selling healing potions that work when hes there because he is casting cures on the marks at close range, then taking the money and being gone before they try them at home. Also if he worships a god of profit or thieves or any other shady deity he's literally doing God's Own Work!!
>>
File: elf.jpg (18KB, 431x264px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
18KB, 431x264px
>>50530199
the Defiler is from the DnD setting Dark Sun. Think Mad Max with 7' masai-style elves and canabalistic feral halflings
>>
>>50532372
Oh I've played Dark Sun, Athas elves are great, Psionics is a bit weird though
>>
A Half-Drow Female Were-Bat Acrobat-Assassin named Cwildred.
Gets VERY ANGRY when people mispronounce her name, which is old elvish for Bat and is equivalently simple to spell and say in elvish. Is very concerned with finding a mate and consciously dresses provocatively to attract men, although the name thing gets in the way ALL the time, she spends a large portion of her income on outfits and carries a bag of holding packed to bursting with different outfits.
Prefers to use karambit style curved daggers and a set custom shuriken catapault arm braces.
>>
>>50532445
It was fun to DM, the one dragon on the planet could eat tarrasques all day long and was a 30 something level defiler to boot, suck the life out of you and use the energy for spells to kill you more, wheeeee!
>>
>>50532570
Oh yeah sure, fun to DM if you like killing you players. I think my party all made like three backup sheets. Fun stuff. I still play 2e.
>>
>>50515294
A Space Marine who is always, always unfailingly polite and and inscrutable like some kinda zen monk. Even to xenos. Even to traitors. Even to heretics. Even to daemons.
>>
File: IMG_0796.jpg (127KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0796.jpg
127KB, 413x395px
>>50517981
MY FUCKING SIDES!
>>
>>50530634
Amazing
>>
Paladin and bard twin sisters, where the paladin constantly has to keep the bard out of trouble.
>>
>>50533469
This is less like a character concept and more like a party concept.
>>
A failed stage magician who stumbled upon a book of genuine eldritch magic in the special collections of their local library
>>
>>50530387
You sound autistic.
>>
Tiefling Bladelock in 5e. Make them Lawful Evil Fiend Pact. 4-5th generation Tiefling, grew up in the Nine Hells with his great-great-great grandfather, whom is his patron. Arch-devils arn't allowed on the Material Plane for long periods of time, so he acts as his families agent, his parents still being cambions. Not really grasping morality all too well, having been raised by devils, all he wants is to make grandad proud. A lawful evil guy who nonetheless just wants to have fun and stay positive, even while murdering for money and devilish power.
>>
>>50524936
this is amazing do you mind if i steal this
>>
>>50533687
wow nice opinion fagtron way to convince me with those hot opinions

seriously, though, I would have let it pass without comment if it weren't for the bit about how he's ALSO a total player, in case it wasn't already obvious the character we're dealing with is a Mary Sue.
>>
>>50532541
Are you being ironic, or...?
>>
A disbarred lawyer who ends up in the West, tracking down monsters and bandits. His signature weapon is a pocket watch, but all the mechanism has been removed and replaced with a lead block.

"Oh devil, look at the time."
*whack*
>>
>>50533735
I'm not trying to convince anyone, nor am I the person you were criticizing. I'm just making the observation that you sound autistic.
>>
>>50530120
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
>>
>>50533769
Yeah, and I'm observing that you're a fagtron. What's the confusion?
>>
A scavenger that ekes out his existence in the ruins of an advanced civillisation. He comes from a society that has lost all of the old world's knowledge and has had to build it all back up from scratch, but with access to modern-day or even futuristic technology.
He's a tribal hunter with a bullet-proof vest adorned with the bones of his prey, a bow he uses to fire arrows he's dipped in toxic chemicals and a shotgun painted with ceremonial dyes, that he won't fire without praying to the ghosts of his ancestors.
>>
Neutral Good Necromancer - believes necromancy is not inherently evil and that the forces of good should use all the powers at their disposal to battle evil. Those he resurrects are given the "gift" of allowing their bodies to serve peace and order even in death. Think really elaborate organ donations. Personality vaguely based off Sherlock Holmes logical perspective and Shenkt from Best Served Cold.

Lawful Neutral rogue. Dialogue and subtrefuge style. Powerful information broker. Master Spy and manipulator. Solves his problems non-violently until truely necessary and then with precision. Controls people via black mail and disguises via Alter Self.

Neutral Good Sorcerer. Was raised beleiving his draconic-bloodline powers were a gift from the sun god. Power of fire used to dazzle villagers into belieivng in the church. Also executed heretics for them. Learns church group are actually imposters using him to make a cheap buck and terrorize backwoods populace. Becomes wracked with guilt and is left for dead by the bandit imposters. Now lives a life in search of redemption in the eyes of his god and also seeks the real sources of his power.

Neutral Evil Warlock of the Old Gods Pact. Simple researcher who learned too many old secrets. Lots of bodily mutations and body horror esque stuff. Speaks only via telepathy and giggles incessantly. Not sure if this would have been better as a temporary NPC ally for the party to have to deal with.

Alas, i'll probably never get to play any of these.
>>
>>50538810
Sounds like a good Voidborn Warrior for Dark Heresy 2.0
>>
>>50515476
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I think Joan of Arc but an Antipaladin could be pretty cool.
>>
>>50515294
A powerful mage as a child, literally a prodigy who gets accepted into some magical school of some sort as a young age, spends whole life working on magic and learning. Steps beyond his station to prove his worth and become the youngest master at the school- Something goes terribly wrong and blows the magic out his body. He gets expelled and has to learn how to steal for a living.

>As he levels up he goes arcane trickster to show he can gain his magical power back
>>
>Popular paladin/knight/hero gets infected with Lycanthropy/werewolf curse
>In this universe, werewolf transformations are permanent and werewolves are treated as second class citizens because they're considered infectious
>Paladin struggles to regain his old life, now that no one recognizes him
>Or forge a new one as a werewolf
>>
A street punk turned redemptive wannabe thespian turned wandering adventurer while trying to leave his old past behind by pretending to be high class nobility, but has all the class as third rate actor pretending etiquette from what he;s heard in passing.
>>
>>50515294
A bard who enjoys crafting scenarios for collective storytelling games and acts as a mediator for such activities.
>>
>>50539480
I devised him for a Dark Heresy 2e game I applied for today

Wouldn't Feral Worlder be better than Voidborne though?
>>
Right now i really wanna play a tiefling paladin warlock mix. I admit the whole thing started as an exercise in theory, but i actually had fun trying to justify the character and now i want to play it. I'm thinking rescued as a baby from a witch coven and then raised in a monastery. Something kills them all, only survivor. Oath of vengeance paladin. Struggling to get vengeance, succumbs to temptation and makes a deal with a fiend (daddy?). Maybe a bit too edgy, but it might be fun.
>>
>>50515294
Female elven barbarian who looks bored most of the time, except when she goes into a rage. Japanese dress style.
>>
>>50515619
>You become overencumbered, you must now drop some of the bone tools, the skin clothes, the organ instruments or the food if you wish to keep walking at a fast pace.
>>
>>50539718
Please no furrybait.
>>
>>50539518
Just don't make her edgy as Jeanne Alter
>>
An armless monk with the blessing of a NG God who fights using his Ki and a pair of "Bands of Mage Hand", which were gifted to him by the king he saved and can act as both normal fists and Mage hands at the same time.

Lost his arms fighting a Mage who tore them off with telekinesis.

He also has ptsd from the whole experience and can be used as a level 1 PC by limiting the use of his hands to 30 feet with line of sight.
>>
>>50515294
Drow mercenary fighter with a hard-on for surface world because BITCES KNOW THEIR PLACE there (naturally requires setting with a realistic patriarchate). Lawful Evil to a fault, never lies, never breaks promises, although you'd better pay attention to what EXACTLY he promised.
>>
File: Wallpaper.jpg (41KB, 384x319px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper.jpg
41KB, 384x319px
>>50521399
>>50521425
>>50521459
>>50530404

Here's an hour long review explaining why rwby is bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKubHNJAFDo
>>
A knight who wears his helmet all the time because he's cartoonishly ugly despite having the voice of an angel.
>>
>>50515294
Successful (noir) private investigator who's secretly a Necromancer, communing with spirits of the dead to find clues and using summoned incorporeal undead to spy on suspects.
>>
>>50541096
And everyone's driven to think hes' actually a steraotypical "girl posing as a Knight" as a result of it.
>>
>>50541124
So just spams "Speak with Dead" then?
>>
>>50541132
Perfect.
>>
>>50541133
Why the fuck not? Imagine how detective stories culd turn if victims of murder could give evidence. And not in "case solved with one spell cast" way, as smart criminals would do their best to mislead their victims before killing them.
>>
>>50519559
>Hey Booker, catch this!
>>
>>50539407
>Neutral Good Necromancer - believes necromancy is not inherently evil and that the forces of good should use all the powers at their disposal to battle evil. Those he resurrects are given the "gift" of allowing their bodies to serve peace and order even in death. Think really elaborate organ donations. Personality vaguely based off Sherlock Holmes logical perspective and Shenkt from Best Served Cold.

I'm currently playing a Death Worshiper Nercomancer who is lawful good, hes trying to "save the world" death is a pretty cool guy and if the world ends Death is out of work.
>>
>>50541169
Ever heard of a show called Pushing Daisies?
>>
File: here cometh that lady.jpg (180KB, 736x1057px) Image search: [Google]
here cometh that lady.jpg
180KB, 736x1057px
>>50539518
Excuse me, did you call?
>>
A goblin whom as a child, found a fairy tale book amounst the raid-scrap from his tribe. Enamoured by the pictures, he soon learned to read and was enthralled by the tales of the heroic knight in his shining armour, riding a loyal steed and wielding his mighty lance, he was beloved by all and always got the kisses from the ladies, and most importantly, the princess.

He followed this childrens tale as an idolized vision that there is something more than just being a lowly goblin raider, something filled with glory, fame and adoration, acts of heroism to aspire to. So he attempted to emulate this "Sir Knight." figure, where other goblins fought over choice bits of scrap, he found himself brushes, razors and mirrors to groom himself presentable in case he bumps into any pretty princesses who need rescuing, keeping his beard shaved and his sideburns thick. Where other goblins fought over the best pieces of choice wargear, he was thrilled to get hold of a large wooden shield, and spent a great deal of time aquiring tinctures and paints to plaster it with his own family crest, whatever one of those was.
>>
>>50541631
As he grew into an adult he focused on achieving the athleticism required of a would be sir knight, rather than following the other goblins in the cycle of gorging and lazing around between raids. He trained a mangy wolf into a loyal companion and most importantly, a mighty steed, he earnestly polished his gleaming steel helmet, the visor dented and unable to close, the plume rather frayed but beloved non the less. Realising that there were no acts of herosm to be had amounst a tribe of goblins, he set out looking to make his name and become a knight worthy of the stories he read as a whelp. Despite his honourable, if for the wrong reasons, intentions, he is still a goblin, crude, blunt, spiteful and selfish his vulgar attitude get him into more than a little trouble from time to time, especially when people refuse to acknowledge him as "Ser Knight" or mock his "Noble Steed.", but still he quests on hoping to one day win a kiss from a real bonafide princess.

"Grah, Save the villagers? For no reward? Get bent why would I do that!" ".. What do you mean it's what a Hero would do?! Bah twist my arm why dontcha, alright alright fine! Get over here Wolfy, it's time to be a hero."
>>
>>50541275
I had a village in one of my towns, off the edge of bulk trade routes just through the forest path, several fields of golden wheat in a large clearing the wilds worked at by tall, thin farmhands. Approaching the village the guards stand firm and proud in full faced helmets and uniforms, although their chainmail looks a little ill fitting. The villagers however seem quite well dressed, groomed and almost portly compared to most, looking akin to that of merchants of modest wealth.

As it turns out the village has been reasonably isolated but still garners enough traffic through to maintain some active trade, but for the last hundred years or so has been host to a cadre of necromancers. Perhaps one day long ago they were the deathly grim wizards that are feared, but as generations pass they are more portly mechantile priests doing their service to town, animating the passed villagers as workers to till the fields and as a result, allow all the villagers to maintain lifestyles without having to toil away. There are still some expert crasftmen, cobblers, tailors, habidashers and the like, perhaps more than you'd expect in village this size, and of course Taverns, taphouses and the like, but as far as the menial jobs go most of it is handled by the undead whom the harvest is shared amoungst everyone almost free, a comfortable life that ends in skeletal servitude, but no one minds, it is simply how things are done, they are happy that they will one day serve future generations of their children and descendants.

To them, undeath is simply a part of life and for it they enjoy a comfortable living, however they are not without problems. The Cadre Animus, priests who work the necromantic rituals to raise the dead are currently in argument, some say they should demand more for their magic while other say they should accept less as they are the service in which the town is founded, not rakish nobiltiy to be pampered.
>>
>>50541859
They also have trouble with a small order of Paladins, the group rolled into down swords drawn and dispatched several of the skeletal workers before they were waylayed by villagers demanding an explaination. After a parley with the village elders and members of the Necromancers, they backed off, highly suspicious and looking for an excuse to raze the village and eliminate the necromancers but at the same time not looking to destroy a village for the sake of this. They set up camp about a mile off and are often keeping a keen eye out for any justification that the village is a true evil to be purged. They are also often turning a blind eye to the younger more errant members of their group who are occasionally sneaking out of camp to the village in order to get some "Smiting practice" destorying a few of the undead farmers. To make matters worse, despite the fact that most of the villagers and necromancers included are good people, it seems at least one of the members of the Cadre has ulterior motives that could lead to the paladins to bring down the sword on the town.

They village is also under harassment from local druids, who claim the town is a toxic abomination that is bringing death unto the forest. Not sure of any plot hooks to add to this but it is easy enough. Also plan on including a "Trade dispute" where the village are struggling to get the rare magical reagents they need to sustain the necromantic rituals and need the party to investigate.

Also at the start I meant "Village in one of my games."
>>
A warrior who believes that the strong leave behind a little of themselves in their weapons. Always uses the weapon of the most recently defeated, powerful enemy, regardless of how good or suitable it is.

If it's been a while since he got a new weapon, he might feel like it's strength is waning, so he'll discard it and fight with whatever he can find, chairs, rocks, etc.
>>
>>50533714
Knock yourself out, I'm never going to get the chance to play it. Let me know how it turns out with a greentext!
>>
- (Pokemon) A trainer who specializes in "dirty" poison-type pokemon (Weezing, Muk, Garbodor, Swalot, etc). Wears a hazmat suit at all times so she can hug and cuddle with them freely.
- (Star Wars) A B2 battle droid upgraded with sentience and who has removed their own embedded weapons to learn martial arts, understand the concept of "intuition", and maybe learn about the force.
- (Shadowrun or Cyberpunk 2020) justgunkatathings. I want to do some cool fight scenes like in The Matrix or Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>50541124
>>50541133
>>50541169
>>50541304
Ever heard of a game called Ghost Trick?
>>
>>50542726
It was years ago when I first played the Starwars system, no idea what edition it was but we didn't have a good time, it was very "Be a Jedi or be cucked by the superior Jedi at everything.".

Me and my friend we played two identical characters, a pair of matching droids who were both named and responded to "Roger." playing on the "Roger Roger." gimmick. Only real difference was they used slightly different blasters and tactics, but always supported each other as first priority. The amusing introduction to the party was them asking how to tell us apart when we are both called Roger.
"I do not understand, it is simple. Here, let me show you. Roger?"
"Yes Roger?"
"See? It wasn't that hard, now you try Roger."
"Okay, Roger?"
"Yes Roger?"
"See fleshbag? It is simple to tell us apart."

The character back-story was a pair of advanced droids were set up with a solid level of AI and simple directives.
1, protect the primary beneficiary, the merchant lord who owned us.
2, protect each other and maintain combat cohesion.
3, protect yourselves, maintain physical integrity.

Then the beneficiary died and they got left behind on planet with nothing but each other and a desire to maintain combat cohesion, so they became a cool pair of loose-wagon combat droids.
>>
Idiot warrior turned poet. Very strong, very low intelligence, and a self proclaimed pacifist. He makes bad poems and constantly solves problems with brute strength while providing illogical reasons as to why he hasn't broken his oath.
>>
>>50515751

Someone's been watching too many 80s historical sitcoms
>>
>>50515294

>My dn complains about being a forever DM
>Get thw urge to run a game with a specific theme
>Call him up, tell him to roll four characters

Am i doing it right?
>>
>>50544967
So... Vivec?
>>
>>50542726
>- (Pokemon) A trainer who specializes in "dirty" poison-type pokemon (Weezing, Muk, Garbodor, Swalot, etc). Wears a hazmat suit at all times so she can hug and cuddle with them freely.
das cute mane
>>
>>50530387
This right here
>>
>>50539407
My last character was a lawful neutral necromancer who made his living as a traveling scribe and raised skeletons to serve as his employees. Breaking the law and being a dick to people tends to be bad business, so he was more moral than not, but driven by an innate sense of practical values rather than moral or ethical ones.

He had no problem graverobbing or raising the dead since dead people don't need their bodies or possessions anymore; either there's no afterlife and they have no opinion or they're living in a new sphere of reality and have no need for their earthly self or belongings.

He was the only party member who survived for the whole of the adventure.
>>
File: 1470289056720.jpg (147KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1470289056720.jpg
147KB, 500x530px
>>50521652
How about instead of the old guy having the same pussy hunting life quest of a 20 something he considers himself to old for such things (or he is still faithful to his late wife or something), but even if he is not hunting the pussy the pussy still hunts him but whenever somebody hits on him his response will be along the lines of:

> Now young girl I'm old man who only wants peace and quiet and have no time for these foolish things, but you should talk to [Insert shyest party member] he is a nice young man that would love to be with somebody like you.

For best effect this should happen when said shy partymember is close enough to clearly hear both of them (like always because party members are pretty much never to far away to join a conversation)
>>
>>50549251
I have made it my new campaign goal to include an old man and his youthful sidekick kicking ass in one last adventure - the old man out for one last hurrah and the young man to make his way in the world for the first time.
Recurring NPCs who can never quite explain how they got out of the last scrape the players saw them in, the younger a possible romantic interest to a PC or another NPC.
If the party helps them, they might be invited to the return party or old man's funeral, and gifted with magical items he's acquired throughout his life.
>>
>>50515489
I have one similar. It's a middle-aged man with a few kids who went to wizard night school but struggles through it, only passing because of help from friends and professors.

He's actually a wild magic sorcerer, but everyone thinks he's a wizard with arcane dyslexia.
>>
File: 1470314688205.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470314688205.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>50549506
Noice, is the side kick gonna be a grandchild or just a protege? (if the sidekick aint related you can make a twist that an important middleaged questgiver NPC is a child of the old man)
>>
>>50549744
Protege. I was thinking of putting it in a seafaring game and making the old man the uncle to an admiral of some note. Admiral would be well-meaning but uptight and furious his uncle is putting himself in the way of harm, angry at the protégé for enabling him.
Their rivalry might prove an important plot point.
>>
File: 1475421884412.jpg (161KB, 761x568px) Image search: [Google]
1475421884412.jpg
161KB, 761x568px
>>50549842
I like it, ties up the point that a man with his own children probably wouldn't do that kind of things (also unlocks a "son I've never had" vibe to the protegé relationship if that's what you want) but still gives an understandable and reasonable connection to another important character. Best of luck in your campaign faget.
>>
>>50545365
Four characters?

Solo for your GM or each player running 4?
>>
>>50541064
Nobody cares, opinions are subjective anyway. Fuck off.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.