[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are they fucking coming from?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 47

File: images.jpg (16KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 250x202px
My forum rp group just met (and blacklisted) it's thirtieth "good vampire thats better then everyone and oh so sexy." and then the last tabletop group I was in had one of the players try to get the DM to accept a vampire in the group, and not one that's hiding what they are. We're talking a walks in the sunlight and snaps it's fangs at people they don't like suepire.

Where are all these edgy, cringe worthy, sack of shit twilight vampires with no concept of hiding what they are coming from?
>>
>>50510028
Do you remember being a teenager?

They didn't stop happening just because you grew up.
>>
>>50510028
They've always been around, like the group girl that plays a druid with a wolf animal companion or the guy who plays a half demon who was either abandoned by or killed his family and uses a katana.
>>
>>50510063
>>50510107
So the reason they're around in such large numbers is because this faggotry is generational? Does this mean were going to be seeing more of this type of shit in the future with different shit?

I swear if your telling me that soon were going to have to deal with Deadpool ripoffs I'm going to have to abandon the hobby for a few years.
>>
>>50510222
Oh wow. I thought 90s oWoD (You know it's just V:TM really) was cringe.

I can't wait for Deadpool cringe.

Just make condolences cards for people who do this letting them know they are not, and will never be, Ryan Reynolds with super powers.

I mean if you're leaving the game anyways might as well go out swinging your dick around.
>>
>>50510222
Sad thing about deadpool ripoffs is they'd rip off the shitty parts of Deadpool, and not getting the appeal of his higher quality stories.
>>
>>50510028
The fuck is KlK doing there?
>>
>>50510444
Its basically a meme to call Ryuko edgy at this point when she's actually a total sweetheart with a great friend

But its mostly cause she and shadow have the exact same storyline.
>>
>>50510551
Except she's not a furry fucktoy.
>>
>>50510575
Well you're half right.
>>
File: orly.jpg (51KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
orly.jpg
51KB, 500x482px
>>50510575
>>
File: Original character do not steal.jpg (89KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Original character do not steal.jpg
89KB, 960x540px
>>50510575
?
>>
File: Kii faggot.png (171KB, 550x466px) Image search: [Google]
Kii faggot.png
171KB, 550x466px
>>50510028
Nice image. Do you have it in a lower res? I can almost see shit
>>
>>50510551
It sure feels good not to know that hedgehog guy and not know his story. Achievement in ignorance.

And she,'s sweet af.
>>
>>50510028
What's with that water angel? She doesn't really fit in at first glance
>>
>>50510999
She's from Steven Universe.
I don't watch the show, but yeah, she really stands out in the collage.
>>
File: Edgeville.png (954KB, 1280x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Edgeville.png
954KB, 1280x1032px
Reaper, Kill la Kill girl, Shadow, dude from Hatred, dude from Naruto, someone from Steven Skubniverse...
...anti-superman? fem-Chipp Zanuff? who?
>>
>>50510222
>Deadpool ripoffs
Fuck, as if I didn't have enough to worry about.
>>
File: new and improved.jpg (373KB, 909x901px) Image search: [Google]
new and improved.jpg
373KB, 909x901px
>>50511191
>gaysuke
>not coolest guy
Not fair
>>
>>50510999
The water angel is from Steven universe. She is on edge at times because she received quite a bit of abuse from a fusion she did with an antagonist that she kept chained bellow the ocean

Now she is a bit edgy, she has trust issues and at one point she hated water because of how long she spent there
>>
>>50510222
Relax, take it eeeeaaaaaaasyyyy
>>
>>50511191
I think Black Superman in the back there is Superboy Prime, who whined so hard it destroyed a universe.
>>
>>50510222
You haven't dealt with Deadpool rip-offs yet? We had like, 3 in my old group. I had to leave the group because the GM actually allowed them. No thanks. One of them actually named their character Alivepool.
>>
>>50510028
Vampires have always been cool, of course people want to RP as them. That doesn't mean ALL vampire PCs are shit.
>>
>>50511191

Chick in the back right is Payne from FF X-2.
Green hair is Envy from FMA.
>>
File: IMG-20160829-WA0001.jpg (87KB, 720x1185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160829-WA0001.jpg
87KB, 720x1185px
>>50511237
>Alivepool
>>
>>50511237
>Alivepool
gg
>>
>>50511249
Who's the guy with the spikes on his head though, all the rest I know them
>>
File: kekskull.png (99KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kekskull.png
99KB, 1200x1200px
>>50511237
>Alivepool
>>
>>50511237
>alivepool
This kills the game
>>
>>50511249
>Green hair is Envy from FMA.
No way
>>
File: penance and p-cat.png (2MB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
penance and p-cat.png
2MB, 800x1280px
>>50511191
The guy in the far back is Penance from Marvel. It was a stupid thing from Civil War.
He got over it although there have been implications that not entirely
>>
>>50510999
Lapis Lazuli. She was trapped in a mirror for like, a thousand years. Got loose, decided to go home, got caught by homeworld, who imprisoned her and brought her back to Earth to find the protagonists. Ended up fusing with an antagonist, chaining her to the bottom of the sea. She's a bit of a deconstruction of abuse and abusers, since fusion is treated as a relationship, so that they were stuck in an abusive relationship created a weird dependency while causing them both great suffering. So yeah, if you strip away most of the fluff, she's edgy, but she's SUPPOSED to deal with serious issues. I won't speak to the skill with which she was written or the plot was developed, but the idea was to explore abusive relationship dynamics and how victims can also be abusers.
>>
>>50511266
Penance, I believe. From Civil War, used to be Speedball?

https://marvel.com/universe/Penance_(Robert_Baldwin)
>>
>>50511310
He'd make a good leader of Necromunda Zealot warband, I feel
>>
>>50511191
The "who" looks like Penance. The second worst thing to come out of Civil War.
>>
File: adamxtreme.jpg (91KB, 458x599px) Image search: [Google]
adamxtreme.jpg
91KB, 458x599px
>>50511338
>>50511364
>guy who used to bounce around
>now has super powers from self-harm
Somehow they managed to out-edge Adam X the X-Treme.
>>
>>50511281
I sometimes forget the stupider shit that happened in that game. One guy was bored, so he decided that his character was going to be possessed by a demon, and that everybody could feel his evil aura, so powerful it was. That was back when there were a handful of GMs that cared, so somebody shut him the fuck down. Pathfinder living campaigns on roll20 are awful, and I really should have seen it coming.

A solution to some of this is to play a different system. As hipster indie shitlord as it sounds, a lot of the "intro" systems attract first-timers, who tend to not understand how cringe and stupid their characters are. By the time most people are playing something that isn't 3.PF they've kinda figured it out. There are some that never learn, however.
>>
>>50511401
>Pathfinder living campaigns on roll20
Is this why some games have like 20 accepted player slots or something? I'm imagining just drop in drop out but with a table top. Like a forum game but kind of real time.

Is that real? Why the fuck? It isn't right?
>>
>>50511310
>speedball pretending to be a girl from Generation X
Goddammit Marvel
>>
>>50510028
Forum RPs are still a thing?
I always wanted to try one. I only did chatroom ones though
>>
>>50511401
>Demon possession and auras.

Anyone know where this meme started? I honestly dont understand this high teir edge.
>>
File: purgingintensifies.gif (67KB, 223x199px) Image search: [Google]
purgingintensifies.gif
67KB, 223x199px
>>50511237
>Alivepool
>>
>>50510028
>forum rp group
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>50510028
I work with a great group of guys... and one 24-year-old who has yet to grasp that high school is over.
>>
File: ow the edge.jpg (29KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
ow the edge.jpg
29KB, 400x366px
>>50510028
>>50510222
OP having edgy characters has been around since forever. The attraction to these characters comes from teenagers that find themselves to be able to identify with them. As people grow up the teenage years are hard for the developing mind, it is the phase when the person needs to adjust his single minded and self centered worldview that he had from the time of being a baby. An adjustment is needed to the group view of life and acceptance that life and the world is far more complex and confusing than one ever imagined, full of hardships, sadness and all sort of things.

Such characters that are hurt, edgy, angry, lonely, dark but at the same time have potential, powerful, smart and cool and yet disliked or brought down are appealing to these teenagers. Because they represent the feeling that they feel about the loss of the magical time of childhood and the need to conform, to the rules of society. Naturally this is hard for the human mind and they want to rebel and dismiss the norms and want to be different and unique because they still want to be important like they were in the past.

The quirks of these characters naturally feel familiar to the people in these years. They are misunderstood, they are loners, they are different from everyone else, they suffer emotionally but secretly they are great or want to be great but the world they live in doesn't want to let them, they mirror all the feelings everyone must face as they grow up to be an adult.

But seriously this is nothing new.
>>
>>50511191
Think that's Gods and Monsters Superman.
>>
>>50511217
wait, obito is still around and still whining in boruto?
what the fuck.
>>
>>50510247
At the start, V:TM was the opposite of cringe. It was 15 years before Twilight.. the game was a horror game.
>>
>>50515695
>Gods and Monsters Superman
can't be, Gods and Monsters Superman has an evil goatee
>>
>>50515804
VtM was ALWAYS cringe. It was edgy and angst ridden, there is a reason trench coats are associated with it.
>>
>>50515994
Since when?
>>
>>50515996
Since always. Just went over this.
>>
>>50511310
>P-cat the penitent puss
I know my next familiar
>>
>>50515996

Since always.

This is a game in which you simulate going out and hunting for nubile teens in rave clubs to feed on, and when you bite them they orgasm and faint, but it's OH SO DARK AND HURTFUL TO BE UNDEAD
>>
>>50515596
This, teens and autists coming to terms with the world will often trend to edge masters. Sad thing is some people will always be trying to come to terms with the world
>>
>>50510248
Im not sure why Deadpool gets put in the same category as the rest of them. He isnt really an "edgy" character. Hes more of a traditional tragic hero, good intentions but flawed in such a way that he always comes short.
>>
>>50516286
Well, in concept yes, but really his depictions vary by Author. Sometimes you get stuff like from people like Priest where he is humourous jovial, uncaring about the consequences of his fucked up history, and sometimes you get shot like the current line, where Deadpool is all inner pent-up angst about being popular and the head of a mercenary company and basically having everything he ever wanted.

Or even worse you might get shit like "Dead Pool mills the Marvel Universe" which completely misses the point of deadpool by making him another dime-a-dozen Edgy doomsday antagonist. The only redeeming parts of that whole shit were when Sherlock Holmes, Milan, Beowulf, and some other dudes teamed up to stop him, and when the Deadpool Corps did the same.
>>
>>50516382
*kills the marvel universe
The price of phone posting it seems
>>
>>50510602
Why is it cut off?

Is she not wearing pants?
>>
>>50516382
Waypool is the true pool. Everything else will be forgotten in time.
>>
>>50510028
Cringe isn't something inherent in the person doing it. It's something the Cringer does.

You create Cringe by Cringing. Just look at the thread and people's arguments and observations on what Cringe is. We are born innocent; we learn to Cringe.

Mostly it's in execution, if you ask me. Anything can be made edgy or not, with execution. Your favourite character that you think is subtle and nuanced, and that character that curls your lip in contempt whenever someone mentions it.

Characters aren't cringy, presentations are.
>>
>>50511248
Yeah my friend is a camp and he's doesn't go out in the sun doesn't show his face and doesn't say he's super hot in fact he looks like the ugly vampires from buffy but can never change his face back like they can on t.v. Not all vampire roll players are bad
>>
>>50516443
To hint at reams and reams more edgy backstory that isn't worth actually writing or reading. I'm a hopeless horndog too.
>>
>>50516443
Just how the artist did it, that's the full picture.
>>
>>50510107
to be fair, the direwolf is one of the better wildshapes for combat at low level
>>
>>50515773
it's from Naruto. Chapter came out in 2013
>>
>>50510028
There's literally nothing wrong with edgt aesthethics. As a person whose favourite color is black, I demand that it stops being associated with Coldsteel faggot characters. I can wear black and be happy, thanks.
>>
>>50516723
but... why is there boruto himself, then?
>>
>>50516962
its an edit
>>
File: think about it.jpg (21KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
think about it.jpg
21KB, 320x239px
>>50516577
>>
>>50517019
yeah, in the original chapter it's Kakashi staring throuhg the hole
>>
>>50510222
>So the reason they're around in such large numbers is because this faggotry is generational? Does this mean were going to be seeing more of this type of shit in the future with different shit?

It never goes away.

When you're a kid, you don't know any better. When you become a teenager, you start to really get an understanding of what's going on. The reality that there is no Santa Clause, that you're going to die forever, that bad things happen to good people, that love doesn't last forever, that the world isn't fair, etc really starts to sink in. You're also learning more shit than ever.

But as a teen, you're still not experienced/educated/mature enough to get more context. On top of all that, your hormones are raging so you get really happy and really sad and everything in between.

As a result, many teens become edgy and cynical. They insulate themselves from the disappointments of life by acting like they don't care. Or they believe that they've found a new way of approaching things that nobody's ever considered before and that the rest of the world needs to catch up to them.

As one grows up and sees more of the world, they come to realize that you have to take the good with the bad. Their extreme mood swings also tend to go away or they find ways to deal. The edginess and cynicism and emotional responses wear off some. They also learn all the stuff they thought was super original and unique is really old or harder to implement than they thought, so they become a bit more humble and realistic in outlook.

In time, the eventually forget what it was like to be a teen at all. At this point, they look back at the generations of teens following them and get annoyed at them. They grumble abou the stupid know-it-alls with no respect for tradition/rules/classics who wear strange clothes, listen to shitty music, and have shallow moral character.

And the cycle continues.
>>
>>50510222
You're always going to see this shit. It's been a part of our hobby since an 80's kid demanded to play an "anti-paladin," and it'll continue being a part of our hobby as long as it exists.
>>
>>50517258
...so its generational and the millenials are awful again
>>
>>50517258
>>50517283
>>50517285

Yup, I think I'll just wait a couple years. Whatever comes after the wave of poorly done Deadpool knock offs cant be that bad right?
>>
>>50510602
>those hips.
Sweatingman.jpg
>>
>>50511191
Thats Superboy Prime

Imagine Silver Age Superman's ridiculous power level in the hand of an agnsty teenager.

I also find it funny how Reapers over the top edge makes him one of the more unique characters.
>>
>>50517285

It's not generational, unless you think teenagers only come around once a generation. New teenagers appear every single second.

>>50517411

You might want to stay gone. Teenagers aren't going anywhere.
>>
File: med.jpg (43KB, 413x512px) Image search: [Google]
med.jpg
43KB, 413x512px
>>50510107
>Start DMing new group 2 weeks ago
>2 girls, Stacy and Uglier Stacy
>Both play druid and wanna both have wolves
>see this post
>mfw
>>
>>50517720
in my group it's always a panther or something, but yeah, chicks dig druids.
>>
>>50515996
It depends on your group, but, as always, vampires drew in people with a love of trenchcoats and sunglasses.

Actual WoD wasn't that cringy, though certain books and characters that were created by certain writers were.
>>
I only play chaotic evil assholes regardless of setting or scenario.

I say and do ridiculously edgy shit in the games.

I find that the more I do the less likely I am to seriously harm myself, possesions, my pets, or other people.

I do not believe I can stab myself in the leg again and go to the hospital without them thinking their is something wrong with me. I have already been hospitalized 7 times this year, going to different ones.
>>
>>50510107
>the group girl that plays a druid with a wolf animal companion

Holy shit, this girl appeared in my current campaign, and she is off the fucking hook. I cringed a little inside when I saw her sheet... but then she was fucking brilliant, she played her character perfectly for what it was and she was 100% on the ball when it came to combat.

She and the elf wizard are absolutely making this party. The wizard is essentially completing his wizard masters degree in a non-stressful lesser race environment and the druid is like that one kid from a backwoods regressionist commune that couldn't drink the kool aid anymore and left. Can tie her laces on her own, but she can speak to da birds, and the birds know all the dankest wisdom. I love them both, they remind me about everything that was great when you first started off with TTRPG.
>>
Why is that?
Because of the animal companion?
Now that I think about all of the girls I have played with in my life (about 6) always went with druid as their first pick
>>
>>50517884
reffering to
>>50517783
>>
>>50517859
Get psychological help.

Dont try and fix it yourself with RPGs, its a temporary solution.
>>
File: lapis bob 6.png (455KB, 729x556px) Image search: [Google]
lapis bob 6.png
455KB, 729x556px
>>50510028
...Wait a minute, I get that Ryuuko is there as a joke.

But why is Bob there?
>>
>>50517884
I think it has partially to do with having a cuddly pet, and also with nature magic, and wiccans, and i'm sure lesbianism is in there somewhere...
>>
File: PC solving riddles.jpg (212KB, 360x1070px) Image search: [Google]
PC solving riddles.jpg
212KB, 360x1070px
>ITT:
>>
>>50517953
Do they realize their treelover chicks have tree branches in their hair and smell like shit tho?
>>
>>50517928
I can't. If anyone finds out, I'm ruined.
>>
>>50517973
to be fair, most adventurers would smell like shit.
>>
>>50515804
Of course, anon. It was popular with goth girls in the 90's, and everyone knows how much they hated edgy, sexy things
>>
>>50517884
Same reason they love dogs and/or cats irl.
>>
>>50517953

Also healing magic.

I've also found Bards to be popular as well.

The abilities of Bards and Druids lends themselves to typically feminine things.
>>
>>50518020
>Same reason they love dogs and/or cats irl.

And owls and ferrets and foxes and raccoons and squirrels and ponies/horses.
>>
>>50518002
If you dont you're more fucked

Given what you say you can either accept you have a problem and seek out professional help, or hurt someone who will go to the police and get you arrested.
>>
>>50517884
It's a power fantasy that doesn't involve being physically potent.

Druids get their power from their understanding of the natural world, their sympathy for other beings, and their connections. They're powerful in a way that isn't necessarily masculine, that is ethereal and beautiful and plays into what many women see as their own strengths.

Which is why I was so chuffed when >>50517880
played her druid as a scrawny, socially maladapted little weirdo that eats bugs in public and talks to boirds.
>>
>>50517720
You have the feeling that you want to work out?
Also druids with wolves are complete standard choice.
Hell my first time was playing a Paladin and I asked the gm if it is possible for me to get a wolf.
Wolfes are awesome.
>>
>>50517639
I'm just waiting out the Deadpool generation.
>>
>>50518063
It's like having a dog that eats goblins.
>>
>>50510444
Same reason Nathan Explosion, lapis lazuli, and envy (?). Some one took them seriously.
>>
>>50518063
He wants to work out... some issues.
>>
File: b36.png (245KB, 769x437px) Image search: [Google]
b36.png
245KB, 769x437px
>>50518063
Did you just imply that your faith wouldn't be all you need?
>>
>>50518146
>I'm just waiting out the Deadpool generation.

It's not any better/worse. The Deadpool movie exists because of the popularity of the Deadpool comic (also popular with teens for decades prior) which itself was a parody of edgy comics (also popular with teens for decades prior).
>>
>>50518146
>I'm just waiting out the Deadpool generation.
Its already fucking here.
>>
>>50518042
I thought women love horses because horses have gigantic dicks and are easy to control
>>
>>50518250
>>50518315
I liked the movie and comics. However the people who try and take that character that wasn't ment to be serious and make their serious characters based off that, I can't stand. As >>50516577
Said. The presentation is awful. And thankfully these kids will move on to something else soon.
>>
File: cyranni1.jpg (377KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cyranni1.jpg
377KB, 700x1000px
>>50518052
I agree. It's the reason I liked playing a cleric so much, and to a lesser extent a monk when I roll a martial class. I dont know about the rest of the female roleplayers on here but I dont exactly embody classical feminine beauty, so to be able to roleplay that type of heroine tickles is super appealing for the first 20 minutes.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 520x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 520x355px
>>50511237
> Alivepool
>>
>>50511401
>shut him down
Why? Just play it. Either play it straight his way and let him have fun, or play it straight your way and give him a sense of why it would be a problem for his character.

When a person is literally a Game Master, they should know how to fucking do the job.
>>
>>50518767
Because you are not supposed to indulge these people. You give a little ground and suddenly your dealing with a five souled 20 tailed half Hydra who shots lightning from his cock.
>>
>>50518867
This. Saying no and setting clear boundaries are an important part of a cohesive gaming group, otherwise teenagers and teenager-minded assholes will just run roughshod over everything and everyone. They don't give a hot gay fuck about anyone's fun but their own.
>>
>>50518867
Not going to lie, that would make a bitching Bard.
>>
>>50516382
To be fair that was the point of "Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe". The whole story was an insult to fans who wanted to make everything darker and edgier.
>>
>>50518867
You don't have to allow everything but you can throw the players a bone, once in a while.
>>
>>50518867
You see a something that needs to be slapped down and stomped out like a cigarette in a dry forest, I see it as potential. Character is possessed by a demon. How in control is he? Is anyone going to help him? How will he help himself?

I mean, you don't just dismiss these things without thought; that's like declawing a cat for scratching furniture rather than filing or clipping its claws.
>>
>>50510222
We've had Deadpool rip offs for years. Deadpool himself is a shit rip off hidden behind the thin veneer of "parody". Seriously where the fuck have you been?
>>
>>50510592
bewbs
>>
>>50517512
His edge makes him unique in the fact that the setting just won't acknowledge his edginess and he is routinely the butt of jokes in damn near every cinematic he's appeared in. Reaper is just some douche who wants more attention and decided to turn into a dick when he wasn't getting the praise he thought he deserved.
>>
>>50519704
>how in control is he

You don't get it. He's an edgy teen, so he's in total control at all times. However, he gets to be obnoxiously broody about how it's always on the surface and he could snap at any minute except that he won't.

I made one of them very uncomfortable once in a oWoD crossover once when I played an actual demon, and it was hilarious.
>>
>>50511191
Is that Nathan Explosion in the back?
>>
>>50517884
TAKE THE KNOT
>>
File: Fam3.jpg (83KB, 1154x651px) Image search: [Google]
Fam3.jpg
83KB, 1154x651px
>>50518156
How the hell cold anybody take Nathan Explosion seriously?
>>
>>50516382

That wasn't Deadpool, it was Evildeadpool, who is like Deadpool but evil and somehow with a lot more resources.
>>
File: delet.jpg (30KB, 627x430px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
30KB, 627x430px
>>50510583
>>
>>50511237
>Alivepool
Oh to be 12 again.
>>
>>50510028

Is it bad that I tend to make characters with pretty dark and fucked up backstories such as "Well I spent 3 months dead, then when I came back my parents wouldn't even let through the front door because they are Cathloc as fuck"

And then play them generally pretty upbeat and generally okay given the circumstance like "Whelp I can work with this, I just need a gun and someone looking for work"
>>
>>50522637
No, it's Not Important from Hatred.
>>
File: superman.jpg (300KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
300KB, 720x540px
>>50523613
You're greenlight to go, chief. Half the reason most of the characters in OP's pic are called edgy is that all of them to some degree have shitty attitudes and mope a lot about whatever tragedy that happened in their life. It's really a perspective thing I suppose, I mean look at Superman. The man had his homeworld destroyed while he was just a child AND lost both his birth parents and it doesn't stop him from being one of the best examples of human goodness around, a literal and figurative paragon of truth, justice, and the american way.....

So really, just be Superman and you'll be fine.
>>
>>50511237
I don't think I could play in a game with a character called Alivepool, I don't think I'd ever be able to stop laughing for long enough to actually play
>>
>>50510028
Every edgelord NPC in my games is either a parody of the idea or a complete fruitcake.
The one character that has an emotional excuse for the behavior despite being in his 50s is CE and believes deep down that reality is utterly unpredictable, so he's just going to act on impulse and ride his revenge fantasy out to the end. He's absolutely insane and the only reason he hasn't been killed yet is because he has the guidance of a mentor that lets him channel his hatred and actual brain damage.
>>
File: 1425740563157.png (886KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
1425740563157.png
886KB, 1280x982px
>>50511237
What, is he an ex-undead who was part of a cabal of undead who bet on which one of them would be turned alive again first?
>>
>>50524349
I'm starting to see what that anon ment by presentation, I can see this either being really awesome or turning out complete shit.
>>
>>50524601
He's never going to actually reveal his motives to the party, but he's basically a very broken man who hates everything because he's too proud to accept the possibility that some of the situations that turned his life to shit were straight up his fault.
His brother, the only person he cared about, called him out on his bullshit before he died, but he's too far gone to accept the possibility that he could turn his life around, and he's been enabled by too many people to even consider that the fact that the one constant factor to everything wrong in his life is him.
>>
ITT: OP and a bunch of other faggots magically forgot the time in which they too were teenagers and chunni edgelords.

Either that or this thread is half-filled with underage posters who aren't even 12 yet.
>>
>>50510028
Out of interest, what would it take to make a "good, but moody vampire" interesting and viable as a character in such a group?

Make him ugly? Grouchy-moody, as opposed to just angsty-moody?

Wait, shit. He'd eventually just turn into Wolverine from his lighter writings.
>>
File: 1479083418291.jpg (229KB, 736x976px) Image search: [Google]
1479083418291.jpg
229KB, 736x976px
>>50511237
>Alivepool
>>
>>50523745
>The man had his homeworld destroyed

Superman is from Kansas.

He never experienced anything of Krypton. It shouldn't mean anything to him.
>>
>>50525577
Don't define him by his moodiness. Give him other character traits, and then add a bit of moodiness in the moments in which is appropriate.

Grouchy-moody sounds childish, angsty-moody is fine but don't fall for the "i sit in a corner and brood" thing cause it's fucking stupid. Be moody when the plot requires it, not just to show off how much you brood; if you happen to see a gruesome scene, don't talk at all and just stare at it.

If something terrible happens to you/ your party, don't talk with other people for a while.
>>
The game you run determines the type of people you will get. I only ever play low fantasy, low power European settings or 40k settings with straight white socially adapted men who also have strong nationalistic and masculine feeling.

I have never had any problems. Like attracts like.
>>
>>50526251
Makes sense, but not sure that these features would still let such a character fly under the radar in many games.

I've played characters close and far to this line and others before, but one of the more interesting types of /tg/-related thought experiments I like is taking characters/situations that would be toxic in most campaign contexts and trying to redeem them - make them work, make them valuable, entertaining and not disruptive, or at least annoyingly so - without removing the fundamental limitations set in their initial creation.

How else could we make an interesting character out of an edgy vampire?
>>
>>50511376
Well he got his new and improved edge powers by blowing up a primary school because him and his idiot friends were go-proing their superhero antics and not taking things seriously. Like shit, they even staged the fight to BE AT THE SCHOOL FOR VIEWS
>>
>>50511249
>>50511283
I think Green Hair is the little kid from the '03 version of FMA that has Ed's limbs. I dunno who all the edgy folks are, but Ryuko never really goes full edge until she gets literal brainwashed.
>>
>>50526565
Not a primary school.

Most of a city, because Nitro had gotten an upgrade literally none of them knew about.

Yes, they were being retards, but they were not being as big of retards as you are stating. No one, not even the Avengers knew Nitro was capable of that level of output.
>>
>>50511191
I am pretty sure Pain is only there as a fap bait and not to be taken serious.
>>
>>50526608
But doesn't he have a spike digging into him to represent each life lost, with like 60 that break the skin for the kids in the nearby school who died?
>>
>>50526492
Edgy characters are fine if they're played by decent people. Edgy doesn't always equal bad, just don't do stupid things for the sake of being edgy and create a character that actually makes sense.

You should try to give the edgy vampire some redeeming qualities; a shred of honour, melancholy for his lost humanity, a loved one, or something like that.

A complete monster vampire wouldn't go around with other people, he'd be too busy doing his own thing as a loner.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (65KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
65KB, 409x409px
>>50511237
>alivepool
wow.. just wow
>>
>>50526631
Sorry, I meant more that it wasn't JUST a primary school. The range of devastation was much bigger then that.
>>
>>50518052
That makes sense. It like male nerds being so attached to wizards.
>>
File: 1450453641048.png (140KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1450453641048.png
140KB, 500x369px
I like playing "edgy" characters because I find them amusing.

Nothing as bad as some half-demon-half-angel-half-god who likes burning orphanages and drinking blood every day, like some of you guys are describing, just some brooding swordsman who ends up being a clumsy mess when it's time to fight since I'm pretty unlucky with my rolls. Everyone has a laugh with it
>>
>>50527113
A long time ago I realized that edgy characters are, almost by definition, comedic characters

The only thing that separates Basil Fawlty from the edgiest demon lord is how much they can accomplish before something or someone (often themselves) humiliates them in a thoroughly amusing fashion
>>
File: 1425059382238.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
1425059382238.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>50511237
>alivepool
>>
>>50523613
>Is it bad that I tend to make characters with pretty dark and fucked up backstories such as "Well I spent 3 months dead, then when I came back my parents wouldn't even let through the front door because they are Cathloc as fuck"

One of my pet peeves is when faggots try to use necromancy/mutants/etc. as a stand-in for homosexuality/race/etc.

Especially with shit like "necromancers are just misunderstood" or "Not ALL vampires."
>>
>>50511191
Green Hair is from the 2003 anime FMA, His name is Wrath.
>>
>>50511237
>Alivepool

That's it. I'm done. I've seen the edge of the universe. That right there is the brink.
>>
>>50527497
>mutants as a stand in for race

What, like the X-Men have been doing for decades?
>>
File: 1320422339718.gif (486KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1320422339718.gif
486KB, 256x192px
>me and my friend played our first D&D campaign together
>I played a helf elf sorceror venturing out into the world for the first time
>my buddy played a V For Vendetta ripoff blind oracle
>constantly kept his hat pulled down
>ended up breaking our cover sneaking into an enemy encampment because the entire party was trying to find out what the fuck was under his hat that he kept it pulled down the whole time after he landed a two story fall in pitch black
>>
>>50527497

Less Necromancy and more cloning but still.
>>
>>50527656
And there's a difference between being a nigger in a slum, and being able to set people on fire with your fucking mind. X-Men have been doing it wrong from day one.
>>
>>50510028
Balance, mang.

Explain that in YOUR canon, there's only two kinds of vampires - young and old.
Young vampires are fey, light-allergic, barely weaker than a human and then only immediately after they've fed, have little to no experience in supplying their own meals and disposing of the corpses without drawing attention... So, you want to be a sexy, hip vampire? You can be, but it's a shitty little life.

Old vampires are powerful. Immensely powerful. They can walk in dim sunlight, they can shape-change, they can assume gaseous form, they can rip sheet steel like it was paper...
And each and every one of them is a hunched, skeletal, nin feet tall monstrosity who couldn't pass for human in a million years. Grave stench, carrion insects and vermin in swarms, and also the small matter of requiring an estate and a castle or somesuch, plus servants and men-at-arms... All of which costs many, many thousands of coin every month to sustain.

Balance.
>>
>>50527965
Old vampire all the fucking way, gimme.
Can I wear a plague doctor looking gasmask and a tattered pointy hat, too?
I am going to be maximum overspook.
>>
>>50526627
Paine isn't even edgy. She just dresses like that and plays straight girl for Yuna and Rikku.
>>
>>50526003
By that logic, characters who were orphaned at a young age shouldn't give a shit about their birth parents because they never knew them.

Some characters are like that but others are not.
>>
File: diamond dog.png (37KB, 320x250px) Image search: [Google]
diamond dog.png
37KB, 320x250px
>>50511237
>Alivepool
>>
>>50526003
He still has occasional angst about never being able to know about Krypton though. It'd be like if you were a child born to Italian parents who moved to America, you can still experience Italian culture and Italy is still there for you to someday go and visit. Superman doesn't get that, and never will and he knows it all to well. It's entirely thanks to dear ol' Ma and Pa Kent that he's the man we know him as today.
>>
File: 2102878621_a5c9a06da0.jpg (65KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
2102878621_a5c9a06da0.jpg
65KB, 338x500px
>>50510107
>mfw girl in my group plays 2 meters tall hun Barbarian.
>mfw paladin instead of having detected evil has detect disloyalty against my liege
>>
File: 132481346.jpg (741KB, 855x1293px) Image search: [Google]
132481346.jpg
741KB, 855x1293px
>>50517973
My druid regularly bathes, how dare you
>>
>>50528334
Well yeah, but expect to get run out of every town pretty fast. Also, any problems with virgins or livestock going missing, guess who gets the knock first? And then there's the estate - did you know most self-respecting vampire aristos spend a minimum of 600GC per month on dribbly fucking candles? That's a lot of chump change on mood lighting, senpai.
>>
>>50528560
>Getting run out of town
Anon, you don't run the slasher movie monster out of town.
It doesn't work.
>>
It's just shit character designers and RPers being shit.
Some characters are just not meant to be PCs limited by game mechanics and should rather be a character in a power fantasy anime or a NPC the party laughs at.
>>
>>50518180
>not being a Paladin of War worshipping Togg and Fanderay
Laughing at you bud
>>
>>50510107
>druid with a wolf animal companion
isn't wolf the bog-standard animal companion in D&D?

I mean, you usually upgrade later (for bears/dinosaurs mostly) but at level 1 everyone picks the wolf right?
Same with ranger.
>>
>>50528679
You get to do just that with a PC, because overpowered fad assholes need reining in.
>>
>>50511237
>alivepool
I haven't seen a name like this since Filthy Acts Performed at a Reasonable Price
>>
>>50529073
Given the powers described? Nah. That shit aint being run out of town.
What you have to do is send some fucking belmonts to siege his estate after collecting the 13 zodiac weapons or some shit.
>>
>>50529098
Well, the point was that you can't have your vamp cake and eat it - you get to pick some aspects of vamp, all of which have severe limitations, is all I was saying.
>>
>>50529109
Sure, I get the point, but I would jump at the ancient vampire you described.
That shit is dracula tier. Especially what with having an estate so belmonts have to fight through medusa heads and armor golems.
>>
>>50518156
>Nathan Explosion
Actually I think that's Nadeem Pourtant.
>>
File: stop the pain.jpg (79KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
stop the pain.jpg
79KB, 480x300px
>>50511237
>alivepool
>>
>>50529183
You mean Knott M. Portent?
>>
>>50518156
>nathan explosion
pretty sure that's the MC of that stupid 'edgy for edgy's sake' game Hatred.
>>
>>50510551
>at this point
Hownew?
It was always a meme really, you can thank /a/ IRC
>>
My 'average random new player' tier-list. Note this is not a that guy list.

>GOD TIER
- The person who makes a fighter or the closest thing in the setting to a competent layman as their first, and plays it completely straight.
- The person who makes a paladin and and tries to serve as a middleman between GM and
- The person who makes a monk/anything else underpowered out of enthusiasm for the idea.

>GREAT TIER
- The guy who makes a blaster mage to blow shit up.
- The guy who makes a strife-seeking barbarian/berserker to fuck people up.
- The guy who makes a rogue and tries to steal things you never thought he would try to steal.

>FINE TIER
- The girl who plays a druid/ranger to get a doge and gets invested in at least that.
- The guy who makes a wizard and considers himself superior to everyone else in and out of game.
- The historical reenactment fencer that enforces and complains about realism.
- The slutty rogue/wizard girl.

>MEH TIER
- The guy who makes a walking reference for the sake of the character being a reference only.
- The girl who came to play a healbot for her boyfriend.
- The guy who is meta as fuck and cares more about the story making sense than actually being a part of the fucking story.

>SHIT TIER
- The guy who makes such a cookie cutter character he can't even describe IC what they actually do or are, and then tries to run the party despite having zero social skills whatsoever.
- The guy who constantly rolls skills in wrong context, diplomances barmaids, sleight-of-hands everyone he meets as a rogue, etc.
- The guy who makes a female character.

>People who don't exist
- The guy who makes a Ranger as their first character and actually knows what the fuck he is talking about when it comes to nature.
- The girl that makes a priest as her first character and roleplays as proactive.
- The guy who makes a crafter character, like an alchemist, as their first, and plays well.
>>
>>50529809
Anyway, there are many flavors of edgelords. Some can be good and some can be bad. At least their character has SOME kind of a flavor, you know?
>>
>>50516382
I personally will always find the story where Deadpool had to investigate the first murder on Providence to be my favorite.
>>
>>50516443
Has to be wearing a skirt, the entire outfit is one piece after all.
>>
In a PF game I play a vampire who doesn't hide it.
"how did this happen to you?"
>I asked
"Why?"
>Power
"Don't you eat people?"
>Sure
"Doesn't the sun kill you?"
>Sure
"So why be a vampire?"
>Seemed like a good idea. Ask me again in a few hundred years.
>>
>>50528542
>trap druid

good taste
>>
>>50530069
OP here, this is my overall problem. You play a creature that normal people would hunt down mercilessly in order to protect themselves, and then you have it dance about in public on full display and don't expect the guards to cone and lop your head off, run a spike through your heart, and burn the remains. I can't actually believe this happens in an actual PF game, any good DM would have shut this right down.
>>
>>50530069

I am ok with this.
>>
>>50525577
>Could ya spare some blood, bub?
I'd fucking play it. I'd let someone else play it.
>>
>>50529853
Honestly, Kirby's run and the Cable and Deadpool series are some of the best examples of balance in Deadpool's portrayals. He's a crazy Psychotic killer, but even though he hates that, it doesn't stop him from from being a fun and happy guy for the most part.
>>
>>50531821
They really were. I very much enjoyed Cable and Deadpool, the characters interactions were great.
>>
>>50511237
>One of them actually named their character Alivepool
I don't know why, but that's the funniest thing I've read in a while
>>
>>50511237
>Alivepool

As bad as that is, at least it's not Lifeshot or Lifestroke the De-Terminator.
>>
>>50530784
A good DM wouldn't be running PF.
>>
>>50529809
Looks like I was a god tier first time player.
>>
File: me.png (758KB, 572x594px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
758KB, 572x594px
I play a human fighter who is a kleptomaniac for weapons and tools that fit niche combat situations in order to protect his party from harm. How am I?
>>
>>50529809
>First character is a barbarian
>Horrifically unlucky, his constant bad luck fuels his anger

>Picked up a cheap set of dice
>Didn't realize the dice were messed up
>Roll the D20 five times and it will come up with a 1 at least once.

>First session, end up knocking out all but 1 of my party members and dragging them behind me with rope
>>
>>50511234
Actually that's Superman's suit from the Death and Return of Superman. He wore it for a while after he came back from his regenerative coma thing. At one point he had both the mullet and the black suit which was dank as hell
>>
>>50535310
Mullet-man was amazing.

Terrible ass pull in the comic, but the art direction was great.
>>
>>50529809
Hey, neat, I ended up in the God Tier. Paladins are the best.
>>
>>50535479
>Mullet-man
Pls, nigga, it's Man of Mullet
>>
>>50533161
Gilgamesh/10
>>
File: IMG_0011.jpg (86KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0011.jpg
86KB, 680x671px
>>
>>50517964
>whites of their eyes.
>ahegao

i approve of this...
>>
>>50517964
source?
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 250x248px
>>50511237
Include me in the screencap
>>
>>50530784
Thing is, when the vampire saves your whole freaking Village from goblins/cultists/giants, the townspeople tend to take on a rather fatalistic approach before adventurers.
I'm a hero. All of the wine and women are mine. Most of the time I feed off bandits, and I eventually took leadership in order to have a permanent fixture thrall.
Their parents aren't happy about it, but it's not their place to argue. I'm a hero.
>>
File: doom guy just right.png (67KB, 722x725px) Image search: [Google]
doom guy just right.png
67KB, 722x725px
>>50511237
>>
File: 1473302668805.jpg (68KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1473302668805.jpg
68KB, 599x449px
>>50511237
>Named their character Alivepool
I couldn't come up with a worse name had i made a concentrated effort
>>
File: 1450668262583.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1450668262583.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>50511237
>>50539657
Do not include him in the screencap
>>
>>50521819
Story time?
>>
>>50525577
>Out of interest, what would it take to make a "good, but moody vampire" interesting and viable as a character in such a group?

Jander Sunstar from that one Ravenloft book was a pretty cool take on the concept, but that had the luxury of being able to timeskip decades between chapters, Ravenloft's mysterious powers continually fucking him over (used to tend plants as a way to stay sane, only for his touch to now kill plantlife) and him massacring people when in a frenzy, so his occasional angst and isolation was pretty understandable. Having a clearly defined goal (his being revenge on whoever fucked over the woman he loved with magic) helps.

There was a tabletop adventure with him in it set after the book where he's basically Blade or the Punisher, roving around killing other vampires and generally hating himself. Hid the fact that he himself was a vamp from the party (including saying he was going to loot the bodies of enemies when he was actually feeding on them IIRC), rather than running around with his fangs out and hissing at people, which seems to be a problem people keep mentioning in this thread.
>>
>>50532437
Give me more bad names, faggot.
I need them.
>>
File: en.png (1MB, 6836x10000px) Image search: [Google]
en.png
1MB, 6836x10000px
>Starting a Hunter vigil game
>Looking for players
>Guy sends me an email with his character
>Half-vampire that ate his way out his mothers womb
>my fucking face when
>>
>>50542294
Half-ghoul sounds better for that.
>>
>>50527581

That's where your line is? You'll have fun with the rest of reality.
>>
>>50542430
Not the line. It's just it. I will never again see something that fills my heart with the same sensation as this. It's wonderful and beautiful and terrible.
>>
>>50529859
>implying she didn't let you fuck her so she can ramble on about her OC to you
>>
>>50518767
Where's that screencap where the GM trolls his edgelord players with a succession of daft villains?
>>
>>50518361
Horse girls confirmed for crazy
>>
>>50511237
Like sweet honey nectar
>>
>>50543889
Horse girls really are crazy.

I knew multiple girls who had posters of horses on their walls as kids, always had horses on their schoolstuff etc. They all turned out mostly slutty, but mainly batshit insane.
>>
>>50527084
Being able to kill people by learning and knowing a lot of shit is a pretty attractive quality for us in a class, yes.
>>
>>50529809
I'm either great or don't exist. Exalted 2e isn't kind towards crafters.
>>
File: 1469401572225.png (1KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469401572225.png
1KB, 200x200px
>>50515596

This is oddly insightful anon

>people use edgy characters to try and revert to the selfishness of childhood / infancy where your own needs were the most important and you DIDN'T CARE ABOUT SCRUBS/anyone else, yet also were very emotionally dependant on others

Now I want to write a shitty thesis paper on edgelord characters.
>>
File: 1457916741269.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457916741269.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>50529809
For like their first character? yeah, I can get behind this.
If it was just a general list it would be shit, but first timers making a character of not their gender is usually a bad sign.
>started my very first game in god tier fighter straightman
>Have gone through varying tiers of this list when I feel like it and it's never bad because I'm experienced enough to not make a mess of things.
Feels good.
>>
>>50547583
>Now I want to write a shitty thesis paper on edgelord characters
Wouldn't be the weirdest thing a paper was ever written on. I once wrote a university paper on the relationship between Kirk and Spock.
>>
>>50547583
Fucking Do It!
>>
>>50548535
Did you upload it to FanFiction.net??
>>
>>50526758
This is the edgiest that I've ever gone with a character backstory:
A Merc sniper that had been sold (or kidnapped) into slavery with the Russian mafia when he was five. The first two years were mostly being a gopher (getting food and booze, re-loading mags, things like that) and dodging angry drunks and the shit that they threw at him. When he was seven a particularly fat and sadistic leftenant took a "liking" to him, and took the kid to his manner, out near the northern end of the Urals. There he was raped and tortured off and on for four years. When he was eleven a merc company came in to kill the leftenant and found him in the cellar. He asked their boss to let him take his revenge, so the merc boss placed a rifle in front of the kid and fave him a choice: kill the fat fuck with the rifle and join them, or let them kill the fat fuck and be taken into the city to be put into an orphanage and possibly be rehabilitated.
The kid took the rifle and shot his former captor in the dick, knees, and elbows, then asked for more ammo.
Said merc boss ended up as a surrogate father figure for him.
>>
>>50511191
His name is Not Important
>>
>>50511248
>wanting to be a parasite
>>
>>50550974
No, but I got full points on it.
It was demonstrating through their body language, communication, and past that they had a healthy relationship and were good friends.
>>
>>50551373
>half-dozen non-lethal shots
>runs out of ammo
"YOU FAIL! ORPHANAGE!"
>>
File: 1478062033023.jpg (24KB, 853x470px) Image search: [Google]
1478062033023.jpg
24KB, 853x470px
>>50511237
>Alivepool
Words cannot describe how not mad I am
>>
>>50540248
>They think there will be a screencap
>>
>>50518002
Dude you've stabbed yourself, they already know. Just get help, if you don't your own illness will ruin you.
>>
File: 1480547435925.png (473KB, 1125x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480547435925.png
473KB, 1125x720px
>>50511234
This is not a inaccurate description of prime
>>
>>50557188
He has the best quotes
>I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!
>Everyone's so stupid - everyone but me!
>You're ruining everything!
>>
File: 1460452950705.png (177KB, 1186x829px) Image search: [Google]
1460452950705.png
177KB, 1186x829px
>>50543297
>>
>>50529809
I wanted to to make a layman fighter but my group was mostly CN/CE/NE and they also said we needed an alchemist so I played that since we already had a barbarian and Anti-Paladin and a good bit more who made physical characters but never showed up again.

Not as bad as my twin bro though. He decieded to mess with the group by rolling a teenage girl bard who wanted to spread peace through pop and change the grimdark setting the GM had into a comedy that involved trying to get an undead to sing for us. Too bad the level 20 Incubus DMPC didn't like this and killed the party since he didn't feel like playing the campaign anymore.
>>
>>50551373
It's edgy af but I like it.
>>
>>50535775
In a wierd way, the creator of that guy achieved fame.
>>
>>50555909
It was a Mosin Nagant. The rifle only holds five rounds. Also, it was to make the guy suffer.
>>50558957
I needed the character to be young, so I wanted to make a unique way of making them a child soldier.
>>
>>50547811
Mah companion of dark skinned descent!
>>
>>50529859
The problem with that though is that the original outfit also has suspenders on it, which this outfit doesn't have, suggesting to people familiar with the outfit that she's not wearing pants
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.