[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make a ninja/assassin PC interesting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Ninja-Terminator-Featured.jpg (38KB, 610x340px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja-Terminator-Featured.jpg
38KB, 610x340px
How do you make a ninja/assassin PC interesting?
>>
By making them as unassuming as possible right up until they're not. It's not the ninja flipping along rooftops or the assassin shanking guards that are the hardest to stop, it's the one who is actually making money as a merchant who just happens to have a poison kit stashed in a false bottom in his cart or the traveling bard who also has quick hands and is better at imitating people than you'd think.
>>
>>50509143
Make an actual character instead of just a ninja.

ok fine make the gardener suddenly attack its how most ninjas in history did it anyway
>>
>>50509178
>>50509273
These guys got it right, but assuming you aren't satisfied, and want to make a stereotypical ninja, here are a few suggestions.
>He's a ninja but he's incompetent and trying his best
>He's an assassin but he took a paladin's oath to only kill evil targets and protect innocents
>He wears black and sneaks around but he's not actually a ninja. He got cursed by the bad-fashion fairy and is terribly embarrassed about it.
>>
Give him ideals. Something he fights for. It might me to bring back something from the past, or create a future with less corruption. The smaller the goal, the better.
>>
>>50509143
Hot girl
>>
>>
>>50509143
You make them a character first, Ninja second.
>>
>>50509143

define their ninja traits, what about them is going to be ninaesque?

>costume
>weapon use
>fighting style
>stealth
>etc

think of a few more and only pick a few to follow and either exaggerate or go in the complete opposite direction with it like

instead of stealth, who could always announce his presence to his foes
>>
>>50509143
Literally how do you not make them interesting.
>>
>>50509143
He throws a shuriken, they die.

Find some way to get the GM to let this guy be a one hit kill character.

You have have it so he makes a bunch of preparation rolls while moving normally, getting into the right position.

But then, one shot, one kill. A real fucking ninja.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (20KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
20KB, 1280x720px
>>50509143
Pretty much this >>50509925

You're a ninja so you're already awesome and interesting!

If thats not enough for you OP, you can make a Minja. Thats a short race ninja who can jump on its shuriken after throwing it.
>>
>>50509925

By going Narato's route and making everything a ninja - if everybody is a ninja, nobody is.
>>
File: 180[1].jpg (10KB, 180x210px) Image search: [Google]
180[1].jpg
10KB, 180x210px
>>50509178
Pretty much this. The idea is not to just constantly sneak around, but to hide in plain sight. A noble is most afraid of sneaky sneaks sneaking around, not of the maid who already washes his clothes and he had a conversation or two with.

>>50510001
>Minja
>Not a Clinja
Honk honk motherfucker
>Inb4 "what is this, a silent assassin for ants?"
He's trying to blend in.
>>
>>50510001

>minja
Sounds like Mario 3
>>
>>50510001
>tfw in my dialect minja is similar to mingia that means sock
>>
File: UniqueStrength.gif (27KB, 743x310px)
UniqueStrength.gif
27KB, 743x310px
By making him feel really guilty about constantly violating the Hippocratic Oath.
>>
See I was going to say cheesy one liners, but while it gives me physical pain to pass up puns:

>>50509178
I like this more.
>>
Start combat by poisoning the wizard. Happened to us. Shit was terrifying.
>>
File: header.jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36KB, 460x215px
>>50509143
By ninja-ing well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.