[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrath of Magnus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 42

File: WM 1.png (1MB, 771x1155px) Image search: [Google]
WM 1.png
1MB, 771x1155px
Posting art from the new campaign book for the glory of the Great Deceiver.
>>
File: WM 2.png (6MB, 2400x1716px) Image search: [Google]
WM 2.png
6MB, 2400x1716px
>>
File: wm 3.png (6MB, 2452x1716px) Image search: [Google]
wm 3.png
6MB, 2452x1716px
>>
File: WM 4.png (4MB, 2452x1118px) Image search: [Google]
WM 4.png
4MB, 2452x1118px
>>
File: WM 5.png (4MB, 1522x1078px) Image search: [Google]
WM 5.png
4MB, 1522x1078px
>>
File: WM 6.png (5MB, 1770x1718px) Image search: [Google]
WM 6.png
5MB, 1770x1718px
>>
File: WM 7.png (3MB, 1540x1078px) Image search: [Google]
WM 7.png
3MB, 1540x1078px
>>
File: WM 8.png (5MB, 1870x1718px) Image search: [Google]
WM 8.png
5MB, 1870x1718px
>>50505711
>>
File: WM 9.png (5MB, 1242x1702px) Image search: [Google]
WM 9.png
5MB, 1242x1702px
>>
File: WM 10.png (2MB, 1207x792px) Image search: [Google]
WM 10.png
2MB, 1207x792px
>>
File: WM 11.png (2MB, 586x1662px) Image search: [Google]
WM 11.png
2MB, 586x1662px
>>
File: WM 12.png (2MB, 1220x1138px) Image search: [Google]
WM 12.png
2MB, 1220x1138px
>>
Some of these are great, some horrendous >>50505847 lol.

Thanks for posting Anon.
>>
File: WM 13.png (7MB, 2476x1664px) Image search: [Google]
WM 13.png
7MB, 2476x1664px
>>
File: WM 14.png (4MB, 1812x1648px) Image search: [Google]
WM 14.png
4MB, 1812x1648px
>>
File: WM 15.png (835KB, 690x900px) Image search: [Google]
WM 15.png
835KB, 690x900px
He said the Rubric would cure the flesh change. He said that it would stop the mutations.

Freaking Ahriman.
>>
>>50505607
>>50505550
>>50505436
Does anyone else find these bored, disembodies eyes awesome? I'm not even throwing shade. It can't just be me.
>>
File: WM 16.png (2MB, 1196x808px) Image search: [Google]
WM 16.png
2MB, 1196x808px
>>
Did Bjorn survive? He's the only Space Corgi I really care about.
>>
File: WM 17.png (4MB, 1546x1076px) Image search: [Google]
WM 17.png
4MB, 1546x1076px
>>
>>50506115
>He said the Rubric would cure the flesh change.
It did that its just didn't do this
>He said that it would stop the mutations.
Which it wasnt supposed to do.
>>
File: WM 18.png (7MB, 2414x1646px) Image search: [Google]
WM 18.png
7MB, 2414x1646px
>>
>>50506156
>Did Bjorn survive?
Of course he did. Yiffs got of so easy its not even funny.

>>50506189
Those tank lol. Giv'em hell champ
>>
File: WM 19.png (8MB, 2448x1692px) Image search: [Google]
WM 19.png
8MB, 2448x1692px
>>
File: WM 20.png (8MB, 2448x1719px) Image search: [Google]
WM 20.png
8MB, 2448x1719px
That's all the new art.
>>
>In his astral scryings, Magnus learned of Horus’ nascent treachery. The Warmaster had been seduced by the Dark Gods. Aghast, Magnus projected his consciousness to warn his father as he created his great works upon Terra. In doing so, he damaged the Emperor’s sanctum beyond recovery. The Emperor, enraged, did not listen, and banished Magnus from his sight. He then ordered Horus to unleash the Space Wolves, capture Magnus and bring him to Terra in chains. Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons. The war that followed was apocalyptic.

Finally, the Anti-Russfags can cut it out.

The Empreror told Horus to tell Russ to bring Magnus back alive. Horus instead told Russ to kill Magnus.
>>
>>50506415
Lmao. That retcons BL so hard. BL confirmed not canon.

If you dont mind answering questions does it mention the Rubric of Ahriman at all. Because the new Scarab Occult seem to retcon that as well.
>>
>>50506474
Not really. Didn't Russ talk about Horus's orders in PB?
>>
>>50506518
This is from False Gods

>‘But what of Magnus?’ asked Maloghurst urgently, ‘What happens when Leman Russ returns him to Terra?’ Horus smiled. ‘Calm yourself, Mal. I have already contacted my brother Russ and illuminated him with the full breadth of Magnus’s treacherous use of daemonic spells and conjurations. He was… suitably angry, and I believe I have convinced him that to return Magnus to Terra would be a waste of time and effort.’ Maloghurst returned Horus’s smile. ‘Magnus will not leave Prospero alive.’ ‘No,’ agreed Horus. ‘He will not.’

Seriously this hard retcons BL and the entire Prospero incident.
>>
>>50505436
That's a sassy looking Eye of Tzeentch.

I love it.
>>
>>50506546
Not at all. Both quotes say the exact same thing:
Horus told Russ to kill Magnus/TS. One is equivalent to the other; you can't attack the TS without expecting Magnus to retaliate.
>>
>>50506566
NO in BLverse horus changes the orders

>Malcador chuckled dryly. ‘I never asked you how it felt, Constantin, to see Prospero burn. Did even your callous soul blanch at that?’ Valdor didn’t miss a beat. ‘No. It was necessary.’ ‘Was it?’ sighed Malcador. ‘I did not give the order. I wanted Magnus censured, not destroyed. What was it that made Russ do it? You never could give me an answer.’ Dorn exhaled impatiently. ‘You know all of this, Malcador. You know all that happened there, just as we do.’ He was coldly furious. ‘Does this need repeating? The Warmaster is at the heart of it, poisoning everything we do, and now he has the blood of three more Legions on his hands.’

Russ was ordered to bring Magnus in then Horus convinced him otherwise.
>>
>>50506566
From ATS

>"As Ahriman opened Wyrdmake to all that he had seen, he too learned all that had driven the Space Wolves and the Custodes to make such furious war upon the Thousand Sons. He saw the honeyed words of Horus and the sinister urgings of Constantin Valdor, each spoken with very different purposes, but designed to sway Leman Russ towards a destination of total destruction. The scale of this betrayal shocked him to the root of all that he was. Ahriman had come to terms with Horus Lupercal’s betrayal, for it had its origins in the snares and delusions woven by beings to whom the passage of vigintillions of aeons were but the blink of an eye. This? This was all too human treachery. These were lies, told for noble reasons, but which had brought about the unintended consequences of Prospero’s destruction."

BL confirmed not canon.
>>
>>50506639
>>50506658
Don't worry. They will edit fix it like they always do.
>>
>>50506717
Pretty sure they put out ATS and FG in hardcover already. That is THE definitive version according to BL and LG.

> Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons.
Why did Magnus join Horus if this was the case btw? does it go into that.
>>
>>50506762
Reprints are still a thing. Also the digital copies can be edited on the fly. For example, If you bought the hardcover of the Carnac series in its first release, then you would have gotten a copy with fluff mistakes.

They released the series with a new cover and with fluff fixes.
>>
>When his Legion began to fall to a strange mutative flaw in their gene-seed, Magnus saved his sons from the dreaded flesh-curse by consulting with an unknowable deity in the Warp. Though that act cost him much – including one of his eyes, some said – it saw the salvation of his kindred. For a while, his warrior mystics were unblemished in form and mind, able to summon and control the energies of the Empyrean with greater skill than any other Legion.

----------------

>After the notion of psychic warfare was put on trial at the Council of Nikaea, however, the Emperor delivered an edict that forbade the Adeptus Astartes from using Warp-born power. To a brotherhood of occult masters such as the Thousand Sons, such a punishment was untenable. Magnus and his sons continued their studies in secret.

>In his astral scryings, Magnus learned of Horus’ nascent treachery. The Warmaster had been seduced by the Dark Gods. Aghast, Magnus projected his consciousness to warn his father as he created his great works upon Terra. In doing so, he damaged the Emperor’s sanctum beyond recovery. The Emperor, enraged, did not listen, and banished Magnus from his sight. He then ordered Horus to unleash the Space Wolves, capture Magnus and bring him to Terra in chains. Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons. The war that followed was apocalyptic.
>>
>>50506846
>Magnus, in his disgrace, chose not to defend his glorious city of Tizca – not until the screams of his sons grew too loud to ignore. When the Primarch brought his might to bear the carnage was great indeed. It was too late; Prospero already burned. In his grief, Magnus was defeated in combat with Leman Russ, but worked a spell at the last to spirit himself, his Legion and much of the city of Tizca away into the Warp. Yet their travails were far from over. As they sought a ragged unity upon their adopted home, the Planet of the Sorcerers, the Thousand Sons succumbed to the flesh-curse still lurking in their genes. Chief Librarian Ahriman took drastic action. He worked a great rite, the rubric, but it worked all too well. Though it saved his brothers from mutation, it did so by transmuting their mortal forms to sentient dust sealed within their armour. Magnus was furious. He cast Ahriman and his fellow exiles across the stars, the Legion broken. Now, they stand united in one thing only – a thirst for revenge.

That's all the backstory. No answer why Magnus joined Horus.
>>
>>50506861
Interesting. Thanks Anon. This book is a really odd mix of fluff by the looks of it.
>>
>>50505436
Nicol Bolas?
>>
>>50506189
>dem tanks
>"This place ain't half bad."
>"Really?"
>"Yeah, it's all bad."
>"Dooohohohohohoho!"
>>
>>50506546
Why would Horus want Magnus dead?
>>
>>50507016
>Why would Horus want Magnus dead?
Because Magnus saw Horus turning to Chaos? Emps just didnt believe him when he told him because giant red flaming horror fucking up all his shit.

If he'd gotten back to Terra and explained Horus was fucked.
>>
>>50507049
It's just that in the BL world of everything is just as planned, you would have thought that it was all orchestrated by Horus to have Magnus fall.
>>
>>50506210
>>50506115

The thing is that Ahriman didn't con them at all. He genuinely believed that it would work. And as far I can tell, it DID work but with a terrible side effect.

Aren't all the 1K sons immune to mutation, now?
>>
>>50507016

Because Magnus is the backup plan. If the Emperor's Webway project explodes, he can still force Magnus to sit on the Golden Throne until the Emperor finds a solution.

If Magnus is out of commission, the Webway project is doomed.
>>
>>50506952
>>
>>50507114
Horus didnt think he could turn Magnus. It worked out for him though because Tzeentch was already just as planning everything dicking Magnus over in every single way. Poor guy.

>>50507166
>Because Magnus is the backup plan.
Horus didnt even know about the webway project at this point mate. He was still all jelly dad wouldnt tell him.
>>
>>50507154
>Aren't all the 1K sons immune to mutation, now?
No not at all. The Rubrics are of course but not normal TS. The Rubric cured them of the flesh change as Tzeentch/Magnus had removed his protection from them.
>>
>>50505512
T I T A N
I
T
A
N
>>
>>50505711
Anon does it mention the TS's numbers in this book? Because that looks like a fuck tonne of Thousand Sons invading.
>>
>>50506658
So... bl says it was the custodians and horus? How does this vindicate wolf-fags? I don't even the arguments.
>>
>>50507016
because the Thousands Son would basically turn the tide in the Emperor's favor thanks to being anti-daemon powers, and extremely powerful
>>
>>50506415
>The Emperor, enraged, did not listen, and banished Magnus from his sight. He then ordered Horus to unleash the Space Wolves, capture Magnus and bring him to Terra in chains. Horus instead told Russ to bring utter devastation to the Thousand Sons.
How does this make any sense? Emperor had to sent his Custodes and SoS first so literally what?
>>
So what's the overall plot? Most importantly, which Wolves die?
>>
>>50506115
Those are not mutations, he clearly strapped an horror behind his cape
>>
>>50509907
Reading it atm. Will give spoilers as soon as I am done.
>>
>>50510283
The Changeling wanted to release Luthor and the Fallen so that the Grey Knights and Inquisition would know the truth about the Dark Angels but....

>With the greatest concentration of cells within arm’s reach, the Changeling found his way barred: not by the embattled heroes, but by a diminutive figure that was hidden entirely by white robes and carried a graven crozius in both arms. The Daemon recoiled in horror, for the creature before it was anathema to its kind. The creature focussed its baleful glare, and the Changeling turned and fled.

What the heck are the Watchers in the Dark?
>>
So what's the story in the book?
And why are people saying that it btfo the furries?
>>
>>50510283
Would love to know if Ahriman actually does anything? Who gives a fuck about Magnus anyway.
>>
>>50505847
What the fuck. Was this actually from the book?

It looks like it was pulled from deviantart
>>
>>50510371
maybe they are some kind of naturally blank creature
>>
>>50510420
The novel Curse of the Wulfen confirms that they are blanks.

Maybe they are loli Sisters of Silence?
>>
File: Magnus the Red.png (293KB, 288x809px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus the Red.png
293KB, 288x809px
Finally, we got to know when Magnus was sharded. This ties in to the Ahriman novels.
>>
>>50510430
>creepy bald blank lolis
as much as it would amuse me...were they already present on caliban or were they first recorded somewhere/somewhen else?
>>
>>50510434
Interesting shit m8. Doesnt mention when he got back together though does it.
>>
>>50510438
The Lion first encounters them on Caliban if my memory serves well.
>>
>>50510460
The final novel in the Ahriman series does, though.
>>
>>50510479
Yeah but I'm not sure when thats based during the timeline. Was it before or after the Battle of the Fang for example?
>>
>>50510484
My guess after the Battle of the Fang.

In Wrath of Magnus we are seeing a whole Magnus because the event takes place in the dead end of the timeline.
>>
>>50510434
Are you posting anything else?
>>
>>50510721
Having a break at the moment. I am at the part where Magnus manifests on Fenris.

Another piece of information is that the Thousand Sons are not just invading Fenris. Thousand Sons Silver Towers are appearing all over the galaxy and unleashing warp storms and daemons. It's a massive Tzeentchian of real space invasion.
>>
>>50510739
Fair enough mang its like 140 pages or something lol.

>Thousand Sons Silver Towers are appearing all over the galaxy and unleashing warp storms and daemons.
What are the silver towers? Like I know they're these >>50506048 but does it go into what they are? Because real space ships that allow demons to spawn are pretty OP fluff wise.
>>
>>50510760
They are towers of the Prosporo that were dislodged and taken to the Planet of Sorcerers by Magnus's escape spell and at the same time they are part of Tzeentch's Labyrinth. TS use them as transports to travel around real space and other dimensions. They are armed with arcane cannons and their presence empowers daemons and sorcery. Anything near them gets corrupted or transfigured by the energies that it unleashes.
>>
>>50510782
>and at the same time they are part of Tzeentch's Labyrinth.
Yeah... Ok so do the TS pilot that shit? Are they attacking everywhere else too?
>>
>>50510805
>Yeah... Ok so do the TS pilot that shit?

Magic.

>Are they attacking everywhere else too?

Yep, the TS towers are appearing across the galaxy. This is the Wolf Time/ End Times.
>>
>>50510835
>Yep, the TS towers are appearing across the galaxy.
I didnt realise there was enough Thousand Sons to do that. Between Fenris and this... unless the sons themselves are only on Fenris.
>>
>>50510852
We are given descriptions of TS invasions outside of Fenris. TS are spread out.

It isn't only TS marines that are part of invasion forces. They got daemons and Tzaangors.
>>
>>50510438
*arouse
>>
>>50510867
Sounds like something that will be followed up next book/dex then. Sounds crazy. Thanks for answering questions m8.
>>
Why ALL the current Thousand Sons blue? I thought those were just the ones who joined Ahriman.
>>
File: Magnus not wanna go free.jpg (165KB, 1200x716px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus not wanna go free.jpg
165KB, 1200x716px
>>50510900
They're not. There's several different colour schemes in the book.
>>
File: Ahriman backstory.png (282KB, 565x417px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman backstory.png
282KB, 565x417px
It looks that GW conformed that John French's Ahriman is canon.
>>
>>50510908
>they're not!
>literally all blue gold or gold blue
>>
>>50510935
Lol sorry it the only one I saved cause of the cool fluff. There the traditional red as well, but it allows you to do what ever you want.

>>50510918
Bitching. If Ahriman just found the webway path to Terra lol.

Still it doenst explain why Scarab Occult have now been rubric'd. They were the most powerful before hand.
>>
>>50510957

I've seen 2 or 3 pages of the Thousand Sons cults in the book, and none of them were red.

Also, Scarabs as Rubrics is fucking retarded.

Also, Why don't the Thousand Sons believe in shit like Melta guns?
>>
>>50506244
Stay mad, daemonfucker.
>>
File: RED.png (897KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
RED.png
897KB, 1200x675px
>>50510978
You had to make me go look didnt you.
>>
>There were those born of Fenris, yet not taken into the ranks of the Sky Warriors, who somehow overcame the Daemon interlopers that hurled fire and damnation into their midst. Whether by fieldcraft, stealth or might of arms they had wrested victory against the odds, but they were forever changed. Veteran huscarls walked back to their kin with axes held loosely and a blank stare in their eyes. Glory-hungry youths were ravaged horribly by what they saw. Shieldmaidens slunk as stooped as crones to sleepless beds. These were the lucky ones, for they were at least sound in body if not in mind.

>So profound and powerful were the energies of change that roiled across the planet that those mortals touched directly by Tzeentch’s fires underwent terrible transformations. Gangling mutations erupted from bronzed and weather-beaten flesh, eyes bulged from armpits and backs, and crests of feathers and quills ran down shaven scalps and shoulders. Some lost their cohesion of form altogether, reshaped into horrible spawn-things that defied description and damaged the sanity of all who witnessed their transformation. Those born under the unnatural skies were monstrous. Even those who seemed clean of limb, when given the birth-axe, not only grasped the weapon – as was only right and favoured – but used it to hack away at their shocked parents’ hands. Who knows how many young Fenrisian warriors who appeared whole and sound would grow with a hidden seed of change planted inside them that would one day bear shocking fruit.
>>
>>50511008
>>The Fenrisian tribes had been cursed. It was a calculated and deliberate bane sent upon them by Magnus the Red, for his Legion had been riddled by the flesh-change long ago; in part that was the very reason they had sought to master the arts that saw them persecuted. The rampant mutation did not go unnoticed by the agents of the Ordo Hereticus still monitoring the Fenris System for traces of Chaos taint. In the darkness of secret psykana sanctums, astropathic missives were sent screaming out across the void.

Magnus targeting civilians by implanting them with the seed of madness and mutation. How low will Magnus stoop? Magnus the murder of innocence!
>>
>>50511008
If that happened planet wide then shits fucked yo.
>>
>>50511004

Is that it lol? Two?
>>
>>50511057
Are you retarded?
>>
>>50511020
And what exactly donyounthink happened to those citizens on prospero? They were slaughtered by the wolves without a second thought. Magnus is just being poetic with his revenge, it's no worse than if he just genocided them
>>
>>50511082
>it's no worse than if he just genocided them
It's actually much worse because the Imperium kills those affected by demons/mutations and the Inquisition is already right there. So he makes them suffer then lets someone else finish the job.

Besides if any slip through who know what that means for SW recruiting?
>>
>Rune Priest Ashbeard knelt amongst the embers of the Oshva Weald, hands planted squarely on the ground as he mentally reached out to his brethren within the Fang. There was no answer, for the air itself was tinged with the disruptive energies of Chaos. There was something deeply wrong with the world-spirit of Fenris – the planet’s essence was wounded, and that wound was in danger of being infected by the energies of the Warp. All Ashbeard could see in his mind’s eye was a cyclopean visage staring imperiously down at him. He broke off the connection with a shudder. If his brothers were there in the mindscape he usually prowled with ease, he could not find them.

We are getting confirming that Fenris has a spirit of its own that empowers the Wolves with primal and elemental power. The planet has leylines that the TS are trying to use to corrupt the planet by poisoning it with the Warp.
>>
>>50511069

? There are two pictures of red thousand sons, and about what, 20 blue and gold?
>>
>>50511098
Well that needs explaining.
>>
>>50511112
>The heavens above Fenris glittered and burned as the works of Magnus unfolded. Blazing debris rained from the sky, the wreckage of once-proud craft destroyed by treachery and tragic misunderstanding. Silver Towers hovered in low orbit, their bombardments of kaleidoscopic energy ripping apart any Imperial craft that dared to engage. The shimmering auroras that filled the night sky wavered and took form, becoming great zodiacal legends that rippled and writhed in the stratosphere. To the tribesmen of Fenris, the burning serpent of the Thousand Sons looked vast enough to consume the stars, and with each night it had grown larger. But it was not alone – with the warrior spirit of Fenris fanned to a blaze by Magnus’ invasion, the World Wolf had appeared in spirit form. The people of Fenris experienced a fierce rapture as the celestial beast ripped and tore great streaming nebulas of aether-essence from its serpentine foe. It was a battle of the most surreal and inhuman scale, for each blow took an entire night to land. To the seers and shamans of Fenris, however, it was a sure sign that the immortal spirit of the planet was bloodied but unbowed.

What's more to explain? The Wolves were right all along.

Fenris has a primal soul and that soul manifested in the form of a soul. A wolf that refused to go down without a fight against the serpent of Chaos.
>>
>>50511187
Form of a wolf*
>>
>>50505847
>>50505965
Holy shit, this is so bad.
>>
>>50506066
Looks like Kris Kristofferson.
>>
>>50511187
Kek. I dont even know what to say here. This fucks up so much fluff lol.
>>
>>50511187
So the furfags were right all along? Maximum kek
>>
>>50511187
>>50511211
>>50511260
Makes sense for furfags to live in a magical realm.
>>
>>50511098
>>50511187
Man this sounds a lot like Exodite Elder and world spirits.
>>
>>50506861
No other option.
Ultimately, the Sons were too far down the path of sorcery to go back. Horus knew that he could force them into joining his side by turning their use of sorcery into a full break with the loyalists and did just that.
>>
File: World's Bite.png (408KB, 723x715px) Image search: [Google]
World's Bite.png
408KB, 723x715px
R...Russ?!
>>
>>50511453
Witness the power of Fenris!

>The Rune Priests inside the Thunderhawk were not found wanting. On approach to Grimnar’s location, they had begun a summoning of their own, and the belly of the Ironspearwas strewn with pelts, bones and blooded runes.

>With a terrible, ear-shattering roar, a vast lupine head reared out of the burning sea. A fiery mane cascaded from a colossal skull of molten rock, jaws drizzling ropes of darkening magma as mountainous haunches pushed a tidal wave of lava across the endless ranks of Thousand Sons. The Fire Breather, mythical totem of Sven Bloodhowl’s Great Company, had emerged from its volcanic lair. Jaws lined with jagged stalactites crunched down on the winged serpent conjured by the Thousand Sons, dissipating it in a burst of flame. The titanic wolf-thing came crashing back down into the lava beyond, tidal waves of red-hot liquid slopping over the massed ranks of Rubricae.
>>
>>50511453
>thick knot
>bite
heh
>>
>>50511485
Aaaand we're back to fucking retardation.
What's next, is Grimmnar going to armwrestle Magnus?
>>
>>50511453
>>50511485
Seriously question, where are the TS getting all these men from?

>Massed ranks of Rubricae.
>the endless ranks of Thousand Sons
Seriously? I thought there was only a thousand or so left?
>>
>>50511453
>knot
>>
>>50511498
The usual TS army should be 99% cultists and beastmen, yeah.
>>
>>50511453
TAKE THE KNOT
>>
>>50510430
They aren't blanks, in the horus heresy they have psychic powers. They're basically all psykers who BTFO anything that fucks with them.
>>
>The Wolf Guard charge hit the Scarab Occult line with the force of a wrecking ball. Somehow the Sekhmet kept their footing, sliding back along the ashen shore but remaining upright. The Scarab Occult fought with a serpentine speed quite unlike the dreamlike movements of the Rubricae. The automaton warriors parried hammer blows with elegant sweeps of their curved blades; two even disarmed their opponents, whilst another sent a lightning-clawed champion sprawling with grievous wounds across his torso. Then Arjac barrelled into the fray shield-first, opening the Scarab Occult’s line and hurling Foehammer sidelong. The weapon struck Ahriman full in the side with a loud crack, sending the Sorcerer skidding away in a flurry of actinic lightning. There was a flash as Foehammer teleported back to Arjac’s modified gauntlet; when it faded, Ahriman had disappeared.

Ahriman NOOO!
>>
>>50511529
>>A cluster of dungeon vaults lay ahead, just some of those that pierced the Rock’s cold heart. The green ceramite and white cloth that encased the Changeling were serving it well. None dared doubt the veracity of the Supreme Grand Master himself.

>More guards fooled. With the entire vox-network disabled it was impossible for Azrael to get news of the imposter to travel ahead of the daemon itself. By the time they realised their mistake, it was already outside the first reinforced hatch. Outside the very first of the cells holding the Fallen. The dungeon’s anteroom was circular, two-dozen heavy, barred doors each leading off to an individual holding block. Each one was flanked by graven statues, their broken swords inscribed with active warding runes. To the Changeling’s warp-sight, the very stonework bled despair, agony and regret, the tendrils of emotion a delicious aroma to the hungry daemon. Its borrowed hand reached for the gene-lock of the first hatch.

>Where it stopped. A shudder – a rare sensation – ran down the Changeling’s borrowed spine, the shadow of an instinctive reaction born from its time wearing mortal flesh. Skin prickled and the servos in the illusion of its power armour whirred as its fists clenched. Around it, for the first time since it had set events in motion, Fate buckled.

>There was something at the far end of the cell corridor. The Changeling could not so much see it as sense the absence of the aether around it. To the daemon’s warp-sight, the thing was really an un-thing, a black void without tangible thoughts or emotions to define it.

>The daemon tried to look upon the un-thing with Azrael’s flesh-eyes. It was diminutive in size, its form hidden beneath the thick folds of a bone-coloured cloak, as though in imitation of the Lion’s sons. The shadows beneath its deep cowl were utterly impenetrable, as dark to mortal eyes as its soul-presence was to the Changeling’s warp vision.
>>
>>50511537
Would a wrecking ball even do anything to a braced terminator?
>>
>>50511547
>>>It did not move. It did not have to. The Changeling found itself taking a step back, the daemon’s flesh quivering. Fear was something the Changeling could not feel, only feed upon, but the sight of the un-thing watching him from the shadows caused the daemon an indefinable, icy discomfort.

>The Changeling could not stay here. It could go no further. This part of the wider plan was unnecessary anyway, a mere addendum to the ritual that would carry the daemonic trickster away, and drag the Lions with it. The Changeling doubled back the way it had come, the cells untouched. Fate’s weave morphed, the future a newborn, fresh entity.

>Behind it, the Watcher in the Dark remained silent and unmoving. It was still there, unseen, when back within the Angelicasta’s depths the Lion, the Wolf, Knight and Angel Hunter finally caught the Changeling at bay.

They are blank, bro.
>>
>>50511537
>Ahriman a 10,000 year veteran and most favoured of the TS
>Has zero defence to someone throwing a hammer at him pretty hard
Sigh.
>>
>Through that sea of daemonic terror waded no less than five Nemesis Dreadknights of Titan. Built to fight the kings of the Immaterium on equal terms, the pilots of the giant walkers made short work of the cackling rabble massing around them. Moving in rough lockstep, the Grey Knights piloting the Dreadknights from their harnesses stamped and crushed with their silvered exoskeletons even as they slew with rune-etched blades and heavy psycannons. The Horrors threw every possible change-spell and flame-curse they could muster, but their magic found no purchase on the blessed metal of the Dreadknights.

>In their success against the Daemon hordes, they drew the attention of Magnus, and thereby sealed their doom. A mind-altering blur of colours shot out from the Crimson King’s cyclopean eye. The beam of Warp energy was so concentrated that it could not be constrained to a single dimension, and a thousand tiny familiar-spirits flew outward and into the heavens as the beam carved across the battle line. In its grievous potency it annihilated Daemons and Dreadknights alike. With a single pass of his bloodshot orb, Magnus had wreaked the most fundamental of changes upon his challengers. Where four heroes of the Imperium had strode to meet him, now there was only scorched air and the lingering echo of screams. The fifth Dreadknight, their leader, was not so lucky. He had been transformed into a giant of bone and silvered cogs; the pilot was now little more than a demented marionette, jerked aloft by his own bloody sinews from his machine’s pistoning fingers.
>>
>>50511620
>The destruction of five of Titan’s most prized assets was beyond countenance. High above the Fang, the masterfully built spacecraft of the Grey Knights Chapter remote-scryed the location of the Daemon Primarch, calibrated their weapons batteries, and fired. Searing ruby-red beams shot from the heavens, all four converging upon the same point as the gunners of the Grey Knights fleet brought their deadliest weapons to bear. By rights they should have reduced Magnus to a steaming crater. In truth, they did little more than drive him to his knees; a hemisphere of invisible force protected him from physical attack, no matter how powerful. The Daemon Primarch rose, laughing cruelly at the impotence of the Imperial order founded to slay his kind

Where is Draigo when you need him?
>>
'member when Warhammer art was good?
>>
>Egil Iron Wolf howled in outrage, driving his Spear of Russ towards the monstrous Primarch at full speed. Ruby beams spat from the Land Raiders’ godhammer lascannons – potent weapons indeed, but rendered pitiful in comparison to the lance strikes Magnus had weathered moments before. The Crimson King snarled in impatience, reaching out a clawed hand and clenching it into a fist. Egil Iron Wolf leapt clear as his armoured steed was crushed by an invisible force, buckling like a paper sculpture in an armoured gauntlet. The Wolf Lord took up a lascannon from a dead Long Fang and knelt into a sniper’s crouch, sending a deadeye shot stabbing towards Magnus’ eye. The Primarch froze the las-beam in place with a pinch of his fingers. With a beckoning gesture he caught Egil Iron Wolf in his telekinetic grip, yanked him in front of his own kill-shot, and released the laser from its stasis. The lascannon beam slammed into Lord Iron Wolf, vaporising him from the waist up.

>It was an ignominious end to a mighty saga, but it had bought Logan Grimnar the time he needed. Jumping from Stormriderat the edge of the chasm, the Great Wolf called out a mighty challenge. Magnus turned, a sneer of disdain on his cyclopean features. No mortal weapon could harm him, and thanks to the work of the Blue Scribes, neither could the enchanted relics of the Imperium.

>But the Axe Morkai was not of the Imperium. It had first been forged as a weapon of Khorne, bane of sorcerers.

>Logan leapt. The double-headed power axe slammed into Magnus’s chest, shattering arcane wards and piercing his breastplate to bite deep.

>In the distance, thunder rumbled long and loud. Only the psykers present heard it for what it was – the laughter of the Blood God himself.

Khorne, you team killing fucktard!
>>
>>50511637
I quite like these
>>50506189
>>50505819
>>
>With a deafening roar of pain, Magnus swatted Grimnar back over the lip of the precipice. His allies were close at hand, and more than ready to seize their chance. A gleaming throng of Grey Knight Purifiers gained the chasm’s edge, blades extended to pour the white fires of banishment into the Daemon Primarch’s wound. Magnus’ arcane aura had been compromised badly, for though he possessed wards against every weapon the Imperium might throw at him, he could not guard against an axe once forged in the name of the Blood God. He lashed out with his immense staff, its blade cutting nine of the Grey Knights in half at the waist, but it was a blow of spite rather than conquest. The psychic might of the Grey Knights, still ranged against him, poured through the gap torn in his arcane shielding, incandescent in their power as they burned away the Daemon Primarch’s flesh. In moments, he was wreathed head to toe in blazing white fire.

>For a heartbeat, Magnus glowed brighter than the Wolf’s Eye. The immense energies playing around him turned him from giant to burning supernova. Every Imperial warrior for miles around was blasted backwards to land steaming in the snow.

>When they got back to their feet, the Thousand Sons, the Daemon hordes and their cyclopean master alike had vanished from existence.

Magnus....has been defeated!
>>
>>50511649
>>50511667
Holy fuck thats lame. The idea that Khorne doesn't have the power to corrupt Grimnar with the axe but can hurt Magnus with it. Just sad. Truly terrible fluff.
>>
>Grey Knights save the day again

Ur welcome woofs.
>>
>>50511686
The Rune of Morkai keeps the power of Khorne inside the Axe in check and protects the wielder.
>>
>>50511722
And do you not see the problem with that? When the axe was strong enough to wound Magnus?
>>
>>50511762
The power of Khorne is tamed by Morkai like an attack dog.
>>
File: Woof Ending 1.png (293KB, 625x708px) Image search: [Google]
Woof Ending 1.png
293KB, 625x708px
Here is the ending/Aftermath.
>>
File: Woof Ending 2.png (176KB, 644x404px) Image search: [Google]
Woof Ending 2.png
176KB, 644x404px
>>50511805
>>
>>50511776
And thats fucking bullshit Anon.
>>
File: Woof Ending 3.png (185KB, 386x464px) Image search: [Google]
Woof Ending 3.png
185KB, 386x464px
>>50511812
>>
>>50511818
The power of Fenris > Warp
>>
>>50511828
2/10
>>
File: Woof Ending 4.png (193KB, 567x239px) Image search: [Google]
Woof Ending 4.png
193KB, 567x239px
>>50511821
Fenris survives.

Magnus uses the psychic power of Midgardia destruction to materialize his daemon world into real space. Opening a permanent warp wound in real space.

It's a tie by the looks of things. Though, the woofs suffered greatly.

And this is how this sage ends...for now.

What's /tg/'s opinion?
>>
>>50511821
humans confirmed to be able to unmade gods then
>>
>>50511762
It's almost as bullshit as a gun not killing the wielder too when firing
>>
>>50511862
>SW survive through authorial fiat.
>TS get secondary unmentioned objective so its seems like they didn't just job.
From what you just said TS killed 1 singular named character right?
>>
>>50511885
Yep, and reduced the Space Wolves to a fraction of what they were. Also it's implied that Magnus will try to invade Fenris again now that it's left virtually undefended.

Also his second objective was kinda mentioned. Magnus had the Silver Towers sucking the psychic energy resulting from the planet's death in the middle of the book.
>>
File: the list.png (704KB, 842x627px) Image search: [Google]
the list.png
704KB, 842x627px
PLACE YA BETS
>>
I would like to mention that I kept saying again and again since book one that the Wolves will survive this and be on Cadia since ALL of the sourcebooks (new and old) has them on Cadia by the end of the timeline with Logan being the overall commander of the Imperial forces there.

A lot of people disagreed. I demand an apology.
>>
Well that was shit. Nothing changes as usual.

Logan, the guy who risked civil war and excommunication over some fucking peasants on Armageddon is fine letting his own people get purged because it might risk civil war. wat
>>
>>50511912
Loses-wise the SW losing most of their dreadnoughts and ancients is pretty big news along with the ordo heretics being allowed to got down to Fernis and cull people whenever they want is crazy. Normally SM homeward are of limits for that kind of stuff so shit must be pretty bad.

Are the TS loses mention at all? Because rubric marines can just be resummoned so its looking like they got away clean.
>>
>>50511966
Woofs are raped hard and can't the High Lords now.
>>
>>50506244
>Yiffs got of so easy its not even funny.
>lost entire fleet
>lost several great companies
>lost system
>LITERALLY ON THE SAME DOOMED LEVEL AS LAMENTERS/FLESH EATERS
What were you looking for, anon?
For them to be wiped out wholesale?
>>
>>50511967
A lot of sorcerers died.

>>50511966
Because this time it's not only the Inquisition. The High Lords themselves are watching. At this time with Abaddon smashing through Cadia, they have to time for bullshit. If the Wolves start stuff, then they will just nuke them of the face of space.
>>
>>50511989
>>lost entire fleet
Didn't happen see here >>50511812 mention the SW grand fleet taking them to caddie.

>>lost several great companies
Where does it say that?

>>lost system
Pretty crazy

>>LITERALLY ON THE SAME DOOMED LEVEL AS LAMENTERS/FLESH EATERS
Depends on if recruitment is still possible for them.
>>
>>50511992
>A lot of sorcerers died.
How many? because this seems to be shitting all over the TS legion numbers.

So what else happened to Ahriman was that it?
>>
>>50512011
Not him.

>Where does it say that?

It doesn't say that. It just says that they were reduced to a fraction of what they were.

>>>lost system

The planets of the Fenris system outside of Fenris are fucked beyond repair. Fenris was ravaged and had Warp horrors hidden in its soil but the planet, being the pure and primal that we know it to be, expelled them from their hiding places and left them in the open to be hunted down by the fauna and Space Woofs.

>Depends on if recruitment is still possible for them.

The Grey Knights didn't take all the tribes. They only took those who witnessed and fought against daemons, Some tribes were left to rebuild their lives and soon they put what happened before them. Another day on a Death world.
>>
>>50512018
>So what else happened to Ahriman was that it?

Ahriman got hammered and was never seen again, yep.

>How many?

Maybe scores of them. Some Silver Towers were caught in the explosion of the planet
>>
>>50511885

What else do you want? They can't have one major playable faction rip the guts out of another major playable faction. Too many angry fans.
>>
>>50512048
behind them*

>>50512073
>Tomb Kings
>Bretonnia
>>
>>50512059
>Ahriman got hammered and was never seen again, yep.
Ahriman one action was to get one hit with a hammer? Are you for real?
>>
>>50512080

WFHB doesn't count, and you know it. The entire line was ended, so they could do whatever they liked with the fluff.
>>
>>50512084
He was doing a ritual thingy that was critical to the plan. Then Wolves attacked. He magic killed some of them and then got hit with the hammer and went home.

What more do you want from him?
>>
>>50512119
Anything at all would have been nice. Stealing a book on rune magic or invading the fang for a relic. Something that fits in with his quest for knowledge. He's pretty much the only named TS character.
>>
File: traitor!.png (693KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
traitor!.png
693KB, 1920x1080px
>>50512119
>and went home.
coward! double traitor!
>>
>>50512144
Now that you mentioned it. The book mentions that Ahriman managed to send an Astral projection into the Black Library. He managed to read one of the books inside and gained knowledge about the Webway.

After he threatened, bribed, and convinced his fellow exiles into joining him, he used his new Webway knowledge to transport the exile forces unto Fenris which doubled Magnus's forces there.
>>
File: Ahriman_The_Exile.jpg (346KB, 1058x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman_The_Exile.jpg
346KB, 1058x1000px
>>50512178
I was hit by a flying power hammer. Cut me a break, this is more than I have signed up for.
>>
>>50512187
Ok cool thats something. Not all TS fans like Magnus so Im glad he got something.

Thanks for dumping all this shit Anon. So much crazy lore. Fenris confirmed warp/exodite like world. New Prospero and Maelstrom portal for Chaos. Khorne fucking with Magnus for the lols after he Khlo Rens a nigga.
>>
File: fuck you hairyman.png (975KB, 749x827px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you hairyman.png
975KB, 749x827px
>>50512250
You were not even trying, man, if you were serious about this whole "legion of knowledge and magic" thing we've got going on you would use your book like i do and the hammer would have hit it instead, but nooo, lets cast wimpy flames on the wolves instead.

we even agreed to use blue, but you HAVE to cast in green, ffs, get your shit together.
>>
>>50511187
>>50511418
>Man this sounds a lot like Exodite Elder and world spirits.

That's my head canon.
>>
>>50512326
I don really think its head canon at this point Anon. What else could it be?
>>
>>50512348
>What else could it be?
the old world had a similar thing going on with its leylines, maybe fenris was at some point manipulated by the old ones or had a minor spilling of warp energy in the past
>>
tops thread

so much new info here and cool pics....

thanks anons !
>>
>>50512378
>Fenris is powered by the winds of chaos
Haha.

Seriously though this needs to be explained. This even runs counter to the teachings of the Emperor.
>>
So who died?
>>
>>50512399
>Haha.
Everything "magical" has its roots in the dimensions of the warp, I thought the books were clear enough about it.

please, lets not start another discussion about the hive mind or the c'tan tho
>>
>>50511211
>fucks up
>proof in pudding that the SW's shamans were correct at Nikea the entire time
>Magnus cocksmokers get btfo'd with every page, stripping away all pretense that Magnus was actually a victim rather than an arrogant twat that literally fucked up everything forever
>>
>>50512446
0/10. Trying way too hard mate.
>>
>>50511496
>berserkers summoning a spirit totem to fight at the world's ending
>this is retarded
>not cleaving to SW's Norse roots
>>
>>50512399
>Seriously though this needs to be explained. This even runs counter to the teachings of the Emperor.
Unless the emperor was worried about the way power is harnessed rather than the fact it is harnesses.
I mean, risking first hand interaction with daemons is one thing, getting your stuff second hand from a friendly world-soul-wolf is another.
>>
>>50512482
Sounds just like sorcery to me Anon. You're trust what is obviously a warp entity to power your spells. You just so happened to luck out and be on the one world in the entire galaxy with a friendly warp entity protecting it. God that sounds sue-ish
>>
>>50511020
This is just dumb. As if any group of Marines don't massacre innocents in the prosecution of their campaign. They literally drive entire species to extinction for existing.

If you're playing 40k whining about which faction murders innocents is pointless. They all do.
>>
>>50511098
How? Just...how? How does the planet just have a 'World Spirit'? Is it an Exodite world? What the fuck, now Fenris is just a living planet all of a sudden?
>>
>>50506115
Tzeentch overrides the Rubric when he feels like handing out blessings.
>>
>>50507250
"Just make it up as you go."©-Games Workshop™
>>
>>50511885
Yeah this looks to me like another case of Chaos can't actually win the fight so they claim they wanted some doodad and they won cause they got it.

Still waiting for the Space Wolves to just lose a fight and have to fun away and give up.
>>
>>50511967
Yeah but anon losses like that never matter in the fluff. When Smurfs lost their whole 1st company it was meant to be big but it never affected anything, Smurfs went on in the fluff kicking everyones asses.

Do you really think the losses suffered by the Wolves are actually going to translate into any defeats in the future? I doubt it. GW tends to use 'heavy losses' just as a meaningless adjective and by the next fight it doesn't even matter anymore.
>>
>>50511989
An actual military victory for the non-Imperium faction in these supplement books would be nice.

Just an unambiguous military win for the other side for a change.
>>
>>50512691
You mean the Tau supp books?
>>
>>50512703
Mont'ka's very ambiguous. Spells out it was a Tau defeat and that their fucked.

So no, not the Tau supp books, I mean something like Sanctus Reach but for a faction other than the Imperium for a change.
>>
>>50512682
Im trying to take a positive spin here but yes I know you're right. Magnus was supposed to have destroyed the SW fleet yet they sail off at the end in their 'grand fleet'. It even retcons their loses in the book lol.
>>
>>50512671
JUST AS PLANNED amirite Anon haha :(
>>
>>50511828
>Furfags actually believe this
Kek
>>
>>50512754
Even Fenris' corruption is fine by the end. The entire book is really just a X10 of the normal "Chaos Space Marines bitch out but got the Doodad they wanted" formula which seems to be the only thing GW seems to know how to write.
>>
File: 「Too Much Monkey Business」.png (106KB, 346x327px) Image search: [Google]
「Too Much Monkey Business」.png
106KB, 346x327px
>Magnus got BTFO by a Khorne axe
>and the Wolves - AGAIN
>Ahriman slacking
>Changling getting caught by DAs
>Mini Eye of Terror with the Sorc planet in realspace
>Ahriman knows all the super secret passages in the warp
I could have wrote much better, but at least it isn't bad / 10
>>
>>50512769
Fuck I feel you. I just want to finally fucking read one of these books and not be able to guess by the first page that the Imperium's gonna win the battle somehow. It's like reading Black Library.
>>
>>50512806
Reviewing without bias SW 'won' with a macguffin. Did they really get anything going there way? Logan had to let his people get culled they suffered great losses before they rush off to Cadia. It reads bad for both sides.
>>
>>50512871
SW's won, you said it yourself. How about not letting the SW's win for a change? You know who hasn't won a big battle EVER? The Tsons (a lot of other people too but you get the point).

Who cares if they got everything going their way? Winning a war doesn't mean everything always goes exactly how you want it, that's a ludicrously high bar to set.

Also the cull isn't even so bad. I doubt it'll ever even have an impact on the story.

Honestly what's wrong with just letting the Tsons win for a change?
>>
>>50512897
They're not imperium, you nut.
>>
>>50505475
Horus Heresy CG art is so bad.
>>
>>50512908
This is, of course, the correct answer.
>>
File: 1416342244692.png (64KB, 617x402px) Image search: [Google]
1416342244692.png
64KB, 617x402px
>it's another GW hires deviantart illustrators book

Why do I even expect better anymore?
>>
>>50505436
>dat great pic

Now that's how tzeentch imagery should be, and not birds and feathers everywhere.
>>
>>50512897
TS got a new Maelstrom in the Prospero system with a new planet, this is huge btw. Free access into and out of the warp is crazy. Magnus has united his legion (which appears to have grown massively in size btw). Ahriman has backdoors into the webway and may get the support he needs to break into the Black Library. All the SW did was hold Fenris every other planet/moon fell.
>>
>>50510371
The funny thing about this is that the GKs already know (and Draigo uses it to blackmail the Azrael to help them with Pandorax).
>>
>>50512463
>trying too hard
It's hard to argue with the truth, anon.
Everything in the last few releases regarding Prospero has shown, without a doubt, that Magnus is the fuck up, and this release shows that the Wolves were right when they said they did not use the Warp as the source of their power, but the power of the spirit of Fenris.
>>50512897
>Honestly what's wrong with just letting the Tsons win for a change?
Because then an entire faction would be wiped out.
But it's ok, let's literally squat ANOTHER army (Behemoth was hyped up by defeating the Squats iirc) because you want someone to Worf.
>>
>>50512975
And the Tsons still lost. How impressive. All that power clearly isn't that amazing since the Tsons...still...lost!

Also, I swear, if the Tsons lost on Fenris but then win in the Webway against the Black Library it'll be so fucking annoying. It'll just be the most obvious 'Marines can't lose everyone else Jobs' shit.
>>
>>50512984
Worf? Worf is what everyone in 40k does unless their Space Yiffs, Bangles, Smurfs or Deathwatch. The whole entire universe Worfs for these guys.

Also the fucking Yiffs don't need to be destroyed as a faction for militarily losing. Tsons got crushed militarily by the Yiffs and had their homeworld destroyed but Wahhhh their still in the game.
>>
>>50512991
>All that power clearly isn't that amazing since the Tsons...still...lost!
But they didn't though? Magnus clearly got what he came for.
>>
>>50512984
>Wolves were right when they said they did not use the Warp as the source of their power, but the power of the spirit of Fenris.
More like they use sorcery from a warp spirit of some kind. Fenris's power still come from the warp. All psychic powers do.
>>
>>50506189
>open the flood gates
>>
>>50513019
No he didn't. He didn't plan to get banished. He was trying to kill the Wolves then Santa Claws and Knights banished him and he was forced to settle for less.

He was literally fighting to exterminate them and then got taken out completely contrary to his expectations.
>>
>>50506762
Because by that stage magnus was both ignorant, and out of options. He allied with chaos rather then endure the slaughter of his sons any longer and later joined Horus because it was the only friendly hand offered to him. At no point did magnus say "well you DID try and have me killed and my legion put to the sword, but you know what? Go chaos!"
>>
>>50513046
But SW are just lucky that they got a good one on their side? That seems totally contrary to all the warnings about the Warp ever. Then again Logan can just use a Daemon Weapon with no threat to himself at all so whatevs.
>>
>>50507016
Horus's plan was for the space yiffs and the thousand sons to destroy one another. The TS united where a strong enough physic force to hinder him and apparently he had no wish to fight the yiffers
>>
>>50506415
>>50506474
It really doesn't. It happens in the book dude.
>>
>>50513084
SW are mary sues always have been.
>>
>>50507016
Magnus was a pretty strong loyalist. Horus concluded that destroying him would be simpler than trying to corrupt him, since it would have taken extraordinary circumstances to make him turn against the Emperor. Ironically however, the events at Prospero proved to be exactly the extraordinary circumstances in question.
>>
>>50513107
>Implying the SoS and Custodes left without orders from the Emperor
Explain this.
>>
>>50513179
The sisters of silence were also there in the books. This is not new information.

Also Custodes going to assist the arrest of a primarch is not weird by any stretch. They were babysitting the Word Bearers even.
>>
>>50511620
>>50511626

>Grey Knights gore

I like it
>>
>>50513179
The Custodes represented the Emperor's own authority, and yes, the Emperor is not foolish enough to think that an army that has been censured will stand down meekly.
>>
>>50513234
What are you trying to say mate?

>Also Custodes going to assist the arrest of a prim arch
This goes against the quote you linked too. According to that Horus orders Russ to Prospero not Emps. So why do the Custodes who speak with the authority of the Emperor, and the SoS his special unit of anti payers just happened to be chilling with Russ when he received his orders from Horus? Or did the Emperor send them out with no standing orders for no apparent reason?

>>50513301
I dont even know what your arguing against?
>>
>>50511649
>Khorne, you team killing fucktard!
>team killing
>team
khorne recognizes that people who try to make "everything-proof shields" (like, seriously magnus?) are faggots who deserve to get bullied
>>
>>50513311
>I dont even know what your arguing against?
>says explain why the direct hand of the Emperor is involved in an official act of censure that he himself can't accompany
Are you sure you can read, anon? Prospero Burns itself has an aside where Magnus realizes that the presence of Custodes means that the command came down from the Emperor himself.
>>
>>50513337
>Are you sure you can read, anon?
The irony. Go read the argument before posting Anon. All the way from the start please.
>>
This thread is proof that the haters and anti- crowd is the real cancer of 40k.
>>
>>50513311
>According to that Horus orders Russ to Prospero not Emps.
Yes. This is what happened in the book. This is not new information.

>Emps is mad at Magnus for putting his hand in the psychic cookie jar he was forbidden from touching
>Emps orders the arrest of Magnus
>Horus fucks with the orders to make it "fucking kill them witches man"
>Russ kills Magnus and his legion on the "Emperor's" orders.
>>
>>50513362
What book? Because Horus convinces Russ after he received his orders in ATS and False Gods. Thats why Russ has Custodes and SoS with him because they were sent by the Emperor.
>>
>>50513386
The main black Library novels concerning what went down on Prospero are:
A Thousand Sons and Dan Abnett's whacky delirium wet leopard growl adventure.
The former focuses on the events from the TS perspective, while the latter does the SW.
>>
>>50513416
Yes and this new fluff contradicts those books.
>>
>>50513445
It really doesn't. Everything you've said that "contradicts" the story was what my understanding of the story was before the 'new' fluff. I'm prepared to accept I may have not had the correct idea from wandering attention and audio books but it seems pretty unlikely that my misunderstanding would then be exactly replicated by GW later on.
>>
>>50513487
Are you saying you thought the Custodes went to Russ with no orders from the Emperor?
>>
>>50511870
Custodians
>>
File: 332877477.jpg (400KB, 2400x1535px) Image search: [Google]
332877477.jpg
400KB, 2400x1535px
I just wanted the TS, Ahriman, and Magnus to do cool things and be cool guys.
>>
>>50513084
>Then again Logan can just use a Daemon Weapon with no threat to himself at all so whatevs.

Read the Arjac novel. He reforges the axe and reforges Morkai's rune on it.

The power of Morkai tames the Khornate power within the axe. It's a threat to its victims but not to its wielder.
>>
>>50513566
Dude. I literally said in an above post that the orders came from the Emperor. The sisters of silence were also there in the books. An order coming from the Emperor is not new information and was already there in the book.
>>
So with this over....wha's next?
>>
>>50506415
Wow this makes Emps look retarded.

Magnus: FATHER Horus is about to betray you, I had to contact you any way possible, he's literally sharpening the knife right no-

Emps: HORUS, go send your brother to beat up Magnus.

Horus: Kek.
>>
>>50506248
>that daemon that looks like he'll eat blade
>>
so did Emperor order custodes and Sisters to kill Magnus? or why did they not think it was strange that Russ was on a warpath?
>>
>>50513632
Yeah the fact that Daemon Weapons can be tamed by 'Morkai' (who I did not realize was a real entity till now, is he a Daemon?) is odd.

If all Space Wolf Mythos is true then what are they? Why did the Emperor not simply transition over to using 'Spirits' if they're safe?
>>
>>50513789
Because the Emperor is a bigot who hated all religion.
>>
>>50513789
see
>>50513710

The Emperor was a fucking retard.
>>
>>50513789
Yeah but why is Fenris apparently the one case of non-Warp benevolent gods in the galaxy?

Fenris is super Sui-Generis within the setting now. Are they C'tan? Is Morkai a C'tan? Why do Rune Priests risk the Perils of the Warp if they're not drawing on the Warp but drawing on...Fenrisian energy (have no idea what to call the power of Fenris)
>>
>>50513710
Magnus: father Horus plans to betray you and I opened your palace to warn you
+suddenly deamons all around+
Emp: Magnus you humonguos retard
Emp: Horus go catch Russ and tell him to arrest Magnus
Horus: Kek
>>
>>50513893
They are drawing on the Warp. They're just using various sorcerous means of mitigating the danger, like Eldar do. They're not bargaining with Chaos daemons to do it, but then again, neither are Eldar.

>>50513942
I'd still be pretty worried about that whole warning regarding Horus. I definitely wouldn't put him in charge of anything until I'd confirmed that Magnus was wrong about that. After him, him not knowing about the webway project has no relation to what he may or may not know about Horus.
>>
>>50513893
Fenris' deities are probably Warp entities of a non-Chaotic nature.

People have theorized that the world might have been an Exodite one long ago, and the Fenrisians are in tune with the spirits of its infinity circuit.

But for real, Fenris likely just has some very tenacious, difficult to corrupt non-Chaos daemons in its Warp reflection, and Space Wolves are essentially just practicing a form of sorcery using them as a conduit.
>>
>>50511620
>Nemesis Dreadknights of Titan. Built to fight the kings of the Immaterium on equal terms, the pilots of the giant walkers
>Nemesis Dreadknights... ...giant walkers
>Idiot fluff writers don't know Nemesis Dreadknights are Monstrous Creatures.
>>
>>50512119
>TS has two named characters: Tgeir >Primarch and Ahriman
>Ahriman, basically the closest thing the TS have to be Logan's counterpart
>Jobs to a literal who? character created in 5e.

>Would be like "... and Logan turns his sleigh around ready to fight only to get caught in a direct blast of change magic fired by <INSERT SORCERER HERE>. When the smoke cleared the sleigh was empty."

Semi-related note: was Logan's Sleigh mentioned?
>>
>>50512348
The Krakens were hinted at being Tyranids left over from the first ships. So clearly a Proto-Hivemind!
>>
>>50513893
They're not.
Instead of Perils of the Warp Rune Priests suffer from Perils of the Yiff where if they draw in too much power from their magical realm it might permanently change them. Remember "There aren't any wolves on Fenris"
>>
>>50510782
Will we be getting a 40k expansion to the silver tower game?
>>
>>50511187
But that makes no sense, it's completely out of the context for this setting
>>
>>50514986
They used AoS art for the Silver Towers in the book. Maybe.
>>
>>50515037
What do you mean?
>>
So to recap. Magnus failed to both kill yiffs and corrupt their homeworld. Ahriman jobbed as hard as humanly possible.

He also get hilariously btfo by Santa and his little Grey Knight helpers. He killed some irrelevant fuckers whose death will have no impact on anything.

He got some other shit done, but seeing how that's was tertiary goal, that's positively pathetic.
>>
>>50515498
Magnusfags are so deep in denial.
>w-we totally w-won guys
>>
>>50510404
Don't say that anon. There are tons of better artists in Deviantart alone
>>
Ok just read through WoM. Will take awhile to digest but heres my first thoughts.

1) Whomever wrote this is a terrible writer. The amount of time you read
>If anyone was to look upon <insert thing here> They would <insert affliction here>
is embarrassing.

2) The action has been forced to be balanced out evenly. Dont let anyone tell you either side won because literally ever time something happens its instantly evened out by the other side. Sometime only a paragraph or two after. Example fresh in my mind cause its right at the end.
>With Magnus’ disappearance, a gale of magical energy raced from world to world, snatching away Daemon and traitor alike.
>Then Magnus had departed, and the Dreadnoughts found themselves facing not a host, but a minor cabal. The flagstones shook as Bjorn drove his charge home, and the Thousand Sons were wiped out.
So Magnus disappears and take all of the TS with him. Except those he designates to job to Bjorn? Which fair enough because Bjorn does almost nothing! Which leads me to...

3) Special characters do nothing. Because every single event has to go even everyone jobs to each other. The scariest thing in this was reading something cool about someone you like because you know they about to get destroyed in return.
>Logan is forced to destroy planet not important at all
>Well at least this destroyed the TS's Silver Spires
>Joke just as planned
Its infuriating.

4) The amount of faceless rubrics and SW that die is staggering. The numbers for this is so totally off Its hard to understand. I thought SW had around 2000 marines and TS around 1200ish (but this seems to have been retconned). Well not anymore because both should be sitting around 400-500 max after this.
>“In the depths of the Fang, the Dreadnought army of Bjorn the Fell-Handed had been brought low by the pyromancer host. The constant barrage of warpfire had reduced the throng of ancients to a handful of walkers.”
They started off with 32. 5ish left? Wow.

Overall 4/10
>>
>>50511584
Kinda reflected in the tabletop.

Durability has always been his issue
>>
>>50515689
>the servo skull with the cone of shame
>>
>>50511812
FENRISN STRONK!!! PITIFUL PANSY PROSPERO COULD NOT TAKE A BEATING, BUT FENRIS WAS TOO MUCH FOR THE FULL MIGHT OF THE THOUSAND SONS
>>
>>50511828
The power of fenris is actual bullshit, it has no basis in the fluff for what makes it different from other parts of the warp
>>
>>50511862
While it's made more be livable by having the Grey knights effectivly take the worst of the blows for them,the wolves living at all feels forced, the ledgitimization of the Power of Fenris feels absolutely stupid and has no handle for how bit fits in the setting, making it come off as the TKS having gotten the consolation prize, but, that they did make such a hole does open up nore story telling opportunities, so I'm not against it
>>
>>50512594
That's silly, aliens aren't innocent, they are guilty of being aliens, that is crime enough
>>
>>50510852
The sons do recruit new members
>>
File: mag.jpg (251KB, 750x604px) Image search: [Google]
mag.jpg
251KB, 750x604px
>>50511989
I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL

EVERY

LAST

YIFF

IS COLD

DEAD

AND FORGOTTEN TO TIME

I will not be happy until Leeman sees what terrible vengeance has been reaped upon him and his stubborn stupidity.

I will not be happy until their "allies" gather around him to purge the hypocritic uncleanliness his children have so desperately hidden.

I will not be happy until they are branded traitors and banished forever from their father's light.

I will not be happy until Russ finally knows regret, only then will Magnus allow him to die.
>>
>>50512187
Glad he remembered his library card this time.
>>
>>50512475
At this point, do you expect anything that happens in 40k to legit make anyone happy?
>>
W H O

D I E D
>>
I don't get why everyone thinks TS lost in any way

They got literally everything they wanted out of this endeavor, and the space yiffs are off to fight some crusade where Magnus isn't even at.
>>
>>50517732
>both the wolves and fenris survived
Gee, I don't know anon.
>>
>>50505994
Bjorn making a Daemon Prince his bitch is always good.
>>
>>50517583
>Ahriman gets hit by a hammer and dissapears
>Egil Iron Wolf gets vaporised by his own lascannon shot by Magnus
>Everyone else is pretty much alive.
>>
>>50511496
>>50511485

>Space Wolves Summon a Spirit Wolf
>Newfag TS fags think this is new at all

Guess people forgot all the Black Crusade Psyker spells the 13th company rune priests could use.
>>
>>50506546
>>50506566
>>50506639
>>50506658
guys, i take the horus heresy series as the imperial history records- conflicting and inaccurate. its been 10000 years after all
>>
2nd & 3rd edition player just returning in the last year here! My first army was Space Wolves, back when they where Vikings with wolf ornaments.

Is the bombing of the Fenris system, the same bullshit the Thousand Sons players have been feeling for years?!

If so seriously sorry. .
>>
>>50518386
Thousand Sons player here. Like an actual one.

Where the fuck did people get this idea from where we have been "Feeling bad" at all?

Our fluff has been the same for years.

Magnus is a self absorbed Wizard claiming he can fix everything, fucks up, Hairyman thinks he can fix the mutations, and then fucks up so then most Sorcerers just fuck off and go full Wizard-mode with an army of mummy-Marines.

The only people who legit get upset at spess wulfs being part of that downfall are the wave of autistic chaosfags who a) can't get over not being the 3.5 dex. and b) take the Horus Heresy outcome seriously.

I mean read this thread. the 1k sons managed to herald the fucking biggest chaotic invasion in forever and bloodied the Imperium heavily all while having our Primarch back.

And people are whining we didn't utterly remove the Space Wolves? No shit we didn't, that's sort of contrary to a collectable game if we removed armies just to placate a bunch of angry children.

Hell, I think the best part of this shows that Fenris has a World-Spirit, and that Magnus fell further down the rabbit hole than he let on.
>>
>>50506121
It's a kickass aesthetic.
>>
>>50518442
>>Where the fuck did people get this idea from where we have been "Feeling bad" at all?

I guess I'm talking more about shit writing with characters that seem to be just stupid.
>>
>>50518513
>TS characters fuck up and use their magic as a crutch but get their secondary objectives.

I don't see the bad writing, only people crying about Fenris having a World spirit and the rules that entails.

Clearly the World Spirit works as an anchor for the Space Wolf Psykers, and as such their powers rotate around it.

Now what IS the World Spirit? Webway stones pointing to Fenris make me think it's a former Exodite world and the World Spirit took a liking to the humans.

Makes sense really, Space Wolves Fetishise Wolves like Exodites fetishise Dragons.
>>
>>50510908
I'm actually gonna finally build 1ksons now. Have been waiting 9 years for this update... I'm finally gonna build best legion.
>>
page 21, has Azrael racking the slide on his on his boltgun. Is this a new thing or have they always worked lie that?
>>
File: 40k Montka Tablet Cover.jpg (119KB, 628x796px) Image search: [Google]
40k Montka Tablet Cover.jpg
119KB, 628x796px
>>50512816
Anon, I have just the book for you
>>
>>50518442
This. I haven't read the book yet, but based on this thread, it genuinely sounds like some of the chaosfags here seriously expected GW to just wipe out the space wolves or something. Less than a year after they got a big update with Curse of the Wulfen.
>>
File: Trial_of_Morkai.png (178KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
Trial_of_Morkai.png
178KB, 250x364px
Pre Post Confession - I am a Space Wolf fan and have been for 20+ years.

Why is anyone surprised at this in the slightest? I am actually surprised a single Wolf Lord died purely because GW never kill off anyone decent in their stories.

I can't believe a single person thought that anything big would change from this. Space Wolves must be in the top 5 selling lines! GW wouldn't dare kill them off.

All this does is make the Space Wolves look more awesome:

They have a spirit in their world and it sounds like they don't truly use the warp for magic;

Magnus got melted again;

Ahriman has fucked off;

Fenris survived;

The big Space Wolf fleet didn't die like some claimed;

Loads of made up for the campaign planets died - so what?

And now a big chunk of the survivors are off to help at Cadia so we'll get even more screen time.

Pic related

All in all, the Space Wolves got off lightly in the fluff, thank fuck!

Bloodied but unbroken, just as they should be.
>>
>>50518442
Yeh, this. TS player for over ten years here, I genuinely think the people who argue about TS vs SW are players of neither (maybe some SW, they're supposed to be one of the most popular armies in 40K, so statistically likely). As a TS player I *like* the Space Wolves as they're our nemesis faction, and part of the *point* of TS is that they are forever chasing their tails, they come so close to getting what they want, lose hard, but are left with the one thing hardly anyone else has; hope.
>>
>>50518442

I like the TS, I really do but the newcomers who genuinely think Magnus did not do a single thing wrong is pretty worrying.

While he could have redeemed himself and I'm sure could have stayed loyal, he 100% brought this on himself. He thought he knew better than the Primordial evil, bit of a mistake.

The fluff hasn't changed a huge amount but the TS are still being dragged along by Tzeentch and it suits them entirely! Even Ahriman who thinks he's on the path to redemption is really being manipulated/is essentially lying to himself.

It's great lore if you look deeper than "Lol Magnus did nothing wrong, fuck Yiffs!"

30k being expanded upon has been a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>50511187
>>50511196
>>50511211
>>50511327
>>50511260
>>50511418
>>50511485

>Otherkin Wyrdmake was actually 100% correct instead of being hypocrite asshole
>mother-fucking JAWS OF THE WORLD WOLF

>>50511453
mfw SWs knot Magnus' forces the vore them.

>>50511649
>>50511667

I can imagine Khorne elbowing Tzeentch in the Warp right after it happened.

>"Eat shit faggot, should've seen ur 1000 faces!"

>>50518442
Are you a wizard?
And by that I mean "the most reasonable TS player" I've ever seen on /tg/.
>>
>>50510835
perhaps the attack on fenris was just a decoy...

perhaps the operation went

just as planned....
>>
>>50518549
Agreed. I'm totally cool if the World Spirit ends up being related to Exodites and the Eldar. It answers the question, "Is it of the warp?" with the response, "Yes, but...kinda no." As much as Eldar residing within spirit stones are of the warp.
>>
>>50518989
Eh, TS would have been fucked by Horus in some way or other even if Magnus did everything right, he knew the Heresy couldn't happen with them on Emprah's side. Without the warp telephone call, Horus would just make some shit up and send Russ to kill them anyway. The problem was always Russ's stupidity.
>>
>>50519931
Maybe the real Fenris was the attacks we made along the way.
>>
>this release being anything more than rampant martialfaggotry

Muh vikings!
>>
>>50520247
with tzeentchian strategy its always a move within a move, magnus is ultimately just a pawn withkn a far bigger game between gods.

magnus himself might unaware of this as the old bird has tricked him before...
>>
>>50518442
>>50518989
Someone cap these.
>>
>>50511649
Fucking kek
>>
>>50518442
>Magnus did not do a single thing wrong is pretty worrying.
You do know thats just a meme right? It comes from the amount of discussion that surround Prospero and Magnus and peoples refusal to see the middle ground.

Also you haven't addressed any of the complaints I've seen in this thread? Did you read WoM or just the thread?
>>
I just had a thought. Based on the size of Magnus as depicted in the artwork, wouldn't close combat with him involve stabbing his toes?
>>
>>50523151
Have you had a stubbed toe? Shit hurts man.
>>
>>50511821
>they were the living weapons of the emperor---human in appearance

so what are ''they''?i thought imperium already have a M.A.D weapon,ready to open from inside a small box in grey knight's homeworld Titan.
>>
>>50523832
The Sister of Silence. Comon guys they just released their models.
>>
> tfw you actually want to play space wolves but every fucking release featuring them makes their fluff even worse.
>>
>>50523832
Before that text you get a big picture of a SoS.
>>
>>50523995
Whats wrong with their fluff here?

>Oh no our population got mutated
Except despite it being a world wide event most got of scot-free

>Oh no Magnus destroyed our fleet
Except they leave Fernris in a 'grand fleet'.

>Oh no our numbers have been culled
Most likely still above chapter strength and will be forgotten about by the next book despite this not making any sense.

I dont see how SW fans could be but hurt at all.
>>
>>50524331
Thanks for assuming I'm an asshole.

no. dude. I. Read this shit. >>50511453

I don't remotely care that they took a good beating. I like that sort of thing in a story. It's how fucking cringey they make them.
>>
>>50522222
nice
>>
>>50515037
>>50511211
I like it though I'd rather see other factions or fluff seeds have this kind of large scale spirit warfare instead.

Kind of follows that theme of the Imperium resting on powers it barely or doesn't understand, which dwarf it entirely. Like crazy Dark Age wonders of all sorts, insane space or warp monoliths and phenomena, and hosts of unleashed powers that the Imperium pretty much has no control over and labels it as "navigational hazards" or just quarantines everywhere it touches.
>>
>>50524386
>It's how fucking cringey they make them.
My bad then. Because you said SW I took it as only viewing it from one side.

Your complaint also works for the TS parts as well. Its a really poorly written story overall.
>>
Why are wolf fags trying to claim victory? you got BTFO. the only way Magnus could have won harder was by straight up wiping out fenris and everyone on it, which you know they wouldn't have done.
>>
>>50526113
Magnus wanted to wipe out the Wolves and conquer Fenris. He failed.
>>
>>50505847
hahahahhahaha
>>
>>50518442
No they're whining because, again, the Imperium wins the military conflict. Nothing changes that Magnus was, again, defeated by the Space Wolves and, as always, claimed another objective. He did not come close to beating the SW's the way they beat him.

I think its totally reasonable that players of non-Imperium factions start also expecting, and being able to enjoy, one of these narrative supplements by having their faction just win militarily.

Do we really need the Imperium to win every single fucking one of these Supplements? What's wrong with giving another faction a win for a change?
>>
>>50526709
Same guy. If winning wipes out a faction, you should not expect a total military victory.
>>
>>50526923
How about a single lasting effect on the Space Wolves? Cause even that was too much.
>>
>>50526923
Why does losing Fenris wipe out a faction? The Thousand Sons lost Prospero, pretty sure they're still a faction.
>>
>>50527024
They lost nearly all their Dreadnoughts, a Wolf Lord ded, and all the planets of their system bar Fenris are dead.
>>
>>50527708
They cannot recruit from nowhere but Fenris. Something about the geneseed.
>>
>>50505847
Thunder
THUNDER
THUNDEREOOOLVES HOOOOOOOO
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.