[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

Tell us about your best players
>>
Oncologist with second degree in psychology. In his 30's. Very organized and his characters always feel live, giving them unique motivations and believable personality. The only person I've seen to successfully roleplay a child PC without turning creepy or cringey.

For some reason when we're deciding on a system he's always leaving towards D&D, must be job conditioning.
>>
File: Agagnon King of Ariendel.png (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Agagnon King of Ariendel.png
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>50504707
Two players, and another before that, who happened to see me talk about my Mutants and Masterminds 3e game in a Discord chat joined in and saved it. It was about to be subject to termination due to my IRL friends being unreliable as fuck. The two newest players even drew their own character designs, one of them seen here.

They also manage to roleplay morally ambiguous characters that are entertaining rather than completely obnoxious.
>>
>>50504777
>he's always leaving towards D&D, must be job conditioning
I see what you did there
>>
File: ore.png (396KB, 824x462px) Image search: [Google]
ore.png
396KB, 824x462px
>>50505159
Those are nice.

One of my players drawfags for us too. First time was totally out of the blue so that was a nice surprise. He did a Halloween themed one for the characters, and for Xmas says he's going to draw them all in cheesy sweaters. Should be cool.

He's good at playing sympathetic characters. The one he's doing right now started as comic relief but now the party wouldn't be the same without him. Has really funny IC dialogue. Comes up with all sorts of creative solutions and helps drive the party- the other three are sort of passive (also good players though don't get me wrong) but I'd have to being throwing stuff at them and initiating inorganically for anything to happen if he wasn't around.

Honestly even OOC I don't think the party would be the same without him. He's just a really nice, funny dude. Super easy to talk to, good at amping up the other players and making them comfortable. All around a great guy. n-no homo
>>
>>50505159
>..their own characters seen here

Anon that's the dragon king from kingdom death almost verbatim
>>
File: 1419103725037.jpg (9KB, 289x166px) Image search: [Google]
1419103725037.jpg
9KB, 289x166px
>>50506874
I was going to argue that "most people wouldn't complain about a more traditional dragon design being similar to every other traditional dragon design", but then I looked it up...

The official art of the Kingdom Death version even has the same white and orange color scheme their character's colored image has.

Welp, my day is completely ruined. I guess the only thing to do now is rationalize that their design was either pure coincidence or a placeholder to base their art off of until they could get a more specific original idea.
>>
File: hope.png (545KB, 482x712px) Image search: [Google]
hope.png
545KB, 482x712px
>>50507244

Look, i mean We are talking about what you yourself have told us, they arn't insufferable cunts. If your unable to mullify the fact that they are pretty cool guys while still drawing their inspiration from something close to existing designs, then so be it.

My DM has always had the constraint of "you can be that thing, or person, but you can't LITERALLY be them, with a similar history."

Dont be cloud strife, Be the guy with the oversized/powered sword with a dramatic background and can slash people apart.

The dragon king is a great example of a tragic hero bent to pass on his legacy before he dies in Kingdom death. The fact that hes a fourty foot tall leathery monstrocity with a nuclear bomb in his chest and a pension for astrology doesn't take away the fact that if you wanted to roleplay as such a creature outside of the KD environs, that its possible.

TLDR: i wouldn't get soppy over someones supposed lack of creativity if they have quality personality.
>>
>>50507385
No, I'm still definitely going to let them play and I will still enjoy their company.

It's just something I am going to do my best in trying to unsee.
>>
File: oh.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
oh.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>50504707
>the guy who pays for his own food and shows up consistently
>and this is the guy that will lie and fudge every roll he thinks he can get away with
>even after being talked to like a mature adult about it multiple times

I've only just come to understand how low my standards now are.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.