[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which 3d Printer for Minis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: heretictg.jpg (23KB, 236x301px) Image search: [Google]
heretictg.jpg
23KB, 236x301px
Hey there,

I am looking to print high quality minis for games like Arkham horror to bits for customizing my 14 warhammer/40k armies and being able to check out games like NecroVirus and such. Does anyone know which would be the best 3d printer for getting into cranking out some of my own stuff? The finer detail on small minis the better. I want to try to fit stats on the Arkham minis.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if I make any faux pas. I am new to /TG/
>>
No one makes their own stuff for games?
>>
am I in the wrong board for this?
>>
Hello? bump
>>
I had no idea posts moved off the first page of /tg/ so fast.
>>
maybe I will at least get dubs. Do you guys care about those on this board? :P
>>
Am I talking to myself?
>>
>>50491073

I feel bad for you because you actually came here for quality information and discussion. I mean I still grab rejected model bits from a bargain bin to bash together my custom 40k models. Mind you I guess 3D printers will eventually end up being the way of the future.
>>
>>50491073
I'm afraid you've been memed anon

3d printing is a bigger hoax than vr

You will not find anything with any amount of quality or the detail you need. It simply doesn't exist in an affordable or easy to use form

/Tg/ keeps telling that lie to itself, hoping someday good old plastic jesus will save them from mean old massa and take them up into sprue heaven where ain't nobody got callouses or empty wallets or cut fingers or nothin

Till then they sing spirituals and till the fields to pay their corporate overlords

SWINNGG LOOWWW

SWEET CHARIOT
>>
>>50493753
This
>>
File: 1480186772502.jpg (38KB, 492x279px) Image search: [Google]
1480186772502.jpg
38KB, 492x279px
I mean, things are improving with the newer iterations, but the scale and quality you're talking about is really pushing it. The commercial quality stuff printing 28mm is pretty spot on with above average quality (newer heroforge stuff with the new beta plastics come to mind) but if you're looking for low to mid tier price range stuff for home use to pump out things sub 28mm, I'm afraid it's just not there yet.
Additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping is the future, but unfortunately not the present for regular home users. Sorry anon.
>>
Have you heard of tiko?
It looks good enough for minis and costs around 200$
tiko3d.com
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.