[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enemies for Evil Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: wrath and ruin.jpg (178KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
wrath and ruin.jpg
178KB, 1024x576px
The party in the campaign I'm running has just recently gone evil, and I need ideas for enemies suitable to fight an evil party! What are some things that would scare the shit out of typical fantasy evildoers?
>>
>>50489471
An army of Paladins and Knights hunting them.
BBGG is like King Paladin and/or the Pope or something along those lines.

Or an even more powerful bad guy that wants to destroy the universe/kill them for muscling in on his turf/etc.
>>
>>50489471
Could go after richer villains but it could end up feel like a change only in the name of alignment is the problem
>>
>>50489471

Backstabbers who want to take advantage of them by feigning sympathy to their cause only to attempt to betray them later. Imagine if when heading towards the bandit camp, the bandits ask you if you can join them/they can join you?
>>
>>50489471

Don't forget the classic planar threats exist for evil players as much as good ones. Unlike demons and devils who's main purpose is to corrupt, divine purification tends to make things much more of an immediate concern.
>>
File: 1477498395927.png (346KB, 795x612px) Image search: [Google]
1477498395927.png
346KB, 795x612px
>>50490157
>An army of Paladins and Knights hunting them.
Don't forget about their ability to detect evil. I really like this idea of paladin who are a shining example of goodness and do whatever they can to aid those in need, but at the same time can detect evil and act out against it with extreme prejudice. You would have a group of paladin wandering through a city and at seemingly random stabbing, crushing and disemboweling bystanders. No trial, no jury and worst of all everyone knows they're right. Whenever paladin are present, you always see a large group of people subtly attempting to stay out of sight, precisely because the guilty fear swift and inflexible justice.
>>
>>50489471
A powerful revanent that brings reigns bloody vengeance of evil doers. Make him powerful enough so that the party will have to flee whenever he shows up and make an entire quest line about finding a way to kill him for good.
>>
>>50494914
It's D&D 5e, so detect evil doesn't work that way; it detects creature types, not alignments. Paladins are still an excellent suggestion for enemies of the party, though.
>>
Rival assholes,magical creatures that dont care about alignments or as everyone suggested,paladins.
You could make a secret order of lawful good monks hunt them like ninjas too
>>
>>50489471
Rival baddies
More rival baddies
Orcs, hobgoblins, undead, just some jerks, all with goals that conflict party's goals. Or hey have something you want. Yeah, this undead fortress has Heart of Ordrak, and we want to do awesome stuff with the heart - make it power a doomsday weapon or some shit
>>
>>50489471
A strangely vocal and well-praised band of incompetent mercenaries.

If they arrive in a town, you know about it, because one of them spent the afternoon boasting in the tavern. That robed fellow with them ditched them almost straight away and went to the library. Every time the big one opened his mouth the one in the back clutched his holy symbol like he was afraid a fight could break out any minute.

Every villain knows to look out for an adventuring party, but only those who have been an adventuring party in the past know that the more dysfunctional they appear, the more likely they are to surprise you with sudden competence.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.