[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What wargames do a good job at portraying combined arms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Vietnam,_Manöver,_1963.jpg (11KB, 310x236px) Image search: [Google]
Vietnam,_Manöver,_1963.jpg
11KB, 310x236px
What wargames do a good job at portraying combined arms?
>>
>>50488240
Warhammer 40k, apocalypse only though. Only than do younget the feeling of tanks, airplanes and troops all clashing at once
>>
>>50488320
40k is garbage at all scales.
>>
>>50488240
Real life. Join the marines son.
>>
>>50488320
I don't think 40k does a very good job at portraying flying vehicles, as most of the time they are just giant flying tanks it seem like.
>>
>>50488240
Microarmor works if you don't mind older systems designed by fucking engineers. Epic is good if you prefer the grimderp universe. Otherwise Flames of War is a decent choice that has several historical timeframes, including 6-Day War and the hypothetical WW3 portrayed in Team Yankee. Spartan Games has been trying to get their ground combat game set in the Firestorm Armada universe going. Dropzone Commander is a nice game that has been steadily gaining support.
>>
>>50488402
When does WW3 take place in Team Yankee?
>>
File: 9631461851153597.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9631461851153597.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>50488240
Dystopian wars, Air Sea and Ground all included.
>>
>>50488577
From what I've seen on /tg/, not too many people seem to be happy with it or the company. Any idea why?
>>
File: DWRF511.jpg (314KB, 581x387px) Image search: [Google]
DWRF511.jpg
314KB, 581x387px
>>50488653
I haven't been on the a while. But I still play this game from time to time.

I heard they did a lot of work on remodeling firestorm Armada . I still have fun with my franchise and Antarctic fleets.
>>
>>50488240
Dropzone Commander is pretty good for small scale engagements.
>>
>>50488456
Cold war fine hot, 80's iirc
>>
Battletech does. Mechs are best, but not by much, and conventional vehicles use the same weapons and armor, so they can clobber a mech just fine. Infantry is a thing (And can range from grunts with rifles to high-tech power armor, light mobilized units, and even cavalry), air vehicles are things (Both fast movers and hovering support), there are rules for water vehicles, ect.

Battletech can set up a fight between a tank and a unit of segway mounted spec ops wielding lasers and bazookas in the middle of a snowstorm on an asteroid in deep space that also happens to be covered in a space locust swarm. Don't know why you'd want to, but all the rules for it are there, and they're fully modular.
>>
>>50488240
epic 40k
heavy gear is okayish at it

there are probably plenty of 6mm/15mm games with good combined arms, but I'm not very familiar with much
>>
>>50488240
I always liked Battlegroup because it's not just throwing tons of tanks and infantry at each other, but you actually have uses for engineering and supply vehicles, and you can win the game without having to grind the enemy to dust.
>>
>>50488653
Their business model appears to be introducing 10+ games a year that compete with their own existing games, then abandoning their old games for no discernable reason. They support absolutely nothing.
>>
>>50488358
>supporting (((the military)))
lel
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.