[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wmhg/ - Warmachine/Hordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 10

Six days until release and no spoilers edition.

Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: https://discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
http://textuploader <dot> com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists
>>
File: Kreoss3_75.png (166KB, 409x547px) Image search: [Google]
Kreoss3_75.png
166KB, 409x547px
Topic from the Discord chat (https://discord.gg/KmXzbwD) I'm interested in folks' opinions on:

What is skew?

Is the attached list a skew?
>>
>>50484562

Has NQ 69 been liberated already or not yet? If yes could someone post a link please?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>50484598
Skew is presenting one challenge and that challenge to extreme and banking on opponent's inability to cope as the victory condition.

Your list is not a skew. It's just double dipping.
>>
theme forces when?
>>
>>50485672
Hopefully never
>>
File: DQyJu4e.gif (2MB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
DQyJu4e.gif
2MB, 352x288px
>>50485672
Trolls next week

>>50485679
Fuck off
>>
>>50485694
So not all once?
>>
>>50485783
No, that has never been the case. Factions will get them in their command books and specific theme books in the future as well as random ones in No Quarter.

Basically the same as when Mk2 launched
>>
JUSTICE FOR CRYX
>>
>>50485912
Fuck em. They got what they deserved
>>
>>50485842
Which has always been dumb
>>
>>50486080
Short answer is deal with it. You don't need themes to be competitive
>>
>>50486054
They came for Cryx, and I said nothing because I was not Cryx...
>>
>>50486228
First they came for the Skorne, and I said a bunch of shit about that because I liked Skorne even though Skorne were always bad.
Then they came for Cryx, and I said nothing because I was already out of fucks to give, and if everyone is Skorne tier no-one will be.
>>
>>50486228
Then they came for me... and they made my faction amazing!

Get fucked Cryxbabbies. You've still got your Satyxis.
>>
>>50486684
Satyxis are the worst and most boring part of Cryx. Not gonna play Warmachine before PP fixes the undead units.
>>
>>50487019
Undead are the worst and most boring part of Cryx. Not gonna play Warmachine until PP fixes Black Ogrun Boarding Party.
>>
Yo guys, haven't played in a long while. Anything new for Cyriss or is it still 'Nope. Never ever.'?
>>
>>50486228
Suck my fat black Hoksune cock if you think Cryx got it bad.
>>
>>50487019
I always felt the opposite way.

Half-dragon pirates are much more interesting than floaty skulls. If they were their own faction and didn't have to be tied at the hip to a bunch of edgyasfuck warcasters I'd probably collect them.
>>
>>50487569
Common liches are much less edgy than amazons who kill the men they fuck and also their male children.
>>
File: reaper mains.jpg (3MB, 3224x2500px) Image search: [Google]
reaper mains.jpg
3MB, 3224x2500px
>>50487681
Nah, sorry, the undead Cryx stuff is skulls inside skulls tier edgy.

>my robot has skulls on its skulls and razors on its shoulders with bat wings attached and it runs on SOULS instead of coal

Pic related would be a Cryx warcaster.
>>
>>50487681
Man, they don't even always kill them.

Sometimes they give them little gifts when the kid of a grill.
>>
>>50487953
>Cummies
>>
>>50487953
>caine 3. Cryx epic warcaster
>>
>>50487953
That's not edgy, that's pretty standard villain stuff. That's like calling Skeletor edgy because his head is a skull and his staff has a skull and he wants to get into Castle Greyskull.
>>
>>50487091
They're the Skorne of Warmachine and are just as bad. Now quit your bitching, no one gives a fuck about either faction
>>
Cool game.

Great thread.
>>
>>50486080
Was better in the Mk 1 > 2 transition, since the books were released one a month every month starting right after prime mk 2.
>>
Got a 2 list 75 point Steamroller coming up on Sunday. I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't win because I'm playing Skorne and will likely face a combination of everything good right now, so I'm going with one solid list (Xerxis), and one complete meme of a list that's going to snipe Hordes/infantry armies hard (Mord). Mord is bringing Cetrati because the high ARM will catch enemy infantry off guard, and it's maximum Revive value.

(Xerxis 1) Tyrant Xerxis [+28]
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
Void Spirit [4]

(Mordikaar 1) Void Seer Mordikaar [+29]
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Despoiler [18]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Void Spirit [4]

So what do you think? Is it dank, or is it DANK?
>>
>>50489269
needs more zaadesh2
>>
>>50489309
Honestly I'd use him but I haven't had any time to test him out. I have Zaadesh1 sitting around not doing much and Zaadesh2 looks fucking insane. That feat is just one giant NOPE. Like 3-4 Handlers could hold back arbitrary amounts of infantry what the shit.
>>
>>50489153
cool thread; cool game
>>
>>50487060
we don't have anything for sale in the Holiday Sale, what do YOU think?
still hoping for a bomb-ass new solo or warcaster
still hoping that we'll get a named unit soon
gonna keep hoping for a good long while
>>
>>50490398
I want Convergence to get like a hoverbike cav unit.
>>
>>50490726
I want a new warcaster or warjack, hopefully using a new chassis.
So far I've got Robo-mom and Robo-dad, strange Hover-Uncle and Cyber-sis. I need to get Hammerbro, and then hopefully we'll have a unique solo mini or another warcaster so I can complete the metal family.
>>
File: AuroraUna2Drop.png (173KB, 409x699px) Image search: [Google]
AuroraUna2Drop.png
173KB, 409x699px
ADR
TE 3
TE 3
Inverter 15
Obstructors 11

My considered Una2/Circle drop, though it should play well into plenty of other stuff.
>>
>>50489269

>Taking Skorne to a steamroller
>Not playing Makeda2 double ferox

Enjoy your loss
>>
>>50487953
>EDGEX87
Shiiiiiet.
>>
>>50493763
Well at least he doesn't run 2 bricks, which is the first mistake Skorne playerts make.
>>
Deeeeeaaaaaaaad.
Top mk3, such game.
>>
>>50494480
Yeah the playtest is pretty rough, especially since it coincides with the end of the year, which is always a low in activity. I personally think the mk3 launch in January will revitalize the game. I'll spend the time until then painting.
>>
I thought the Troll theme was leaked.

Was something like
>Additional 2" to deployment
>Warrior models get Takedown
>Free Fennblade UAs

And something else I can't remember.
>>
>>50486684
Came for Satyxis, stayed for Satyxis. Go shamble in your corner with the skellies and bloated bellies.
>>
>>50490961
>>50490398
I don't get why PP is so opposed to new shit for CoC. I could create rough ideas for a bunch of new warjacks for them in like 10 minutes, visual design and all.
>>
My local gaming group is small, 8 players, we cover most armies / factions, but we neither have cryx or scorn players. So it's always fun reading these threads about those two faction.
>>
>>50495597
>I don't get why PP is so opposed to new shit for CoC
The guy who wanted to make the faction has since left the company.
>>
>>50495597
>>50495625
I don't think they are opposed to it at all. They just have a lot of other stuff to focus on right now.
>>
>>50495625
Yeah, sure, but people obviously like the faction and keep clamoring for new material. It seems silly to me that they adamantly refuse to release anything.
>>
I have old CoC battlebox, 1 Conservator and 1 Cypher multikit.
How if i buy 1 more battlebox and convert lights as well as buy a Corronary will it be enough in points to field an army?
>>
>>50497081
Add an Optifex Directive and you should be set for medium-large-size games. Should be somewhere around 55-65 points, with 75 being the gold standard.
>>
>>50495661
>Yeah, sure, but people obviously like the faction and keep clamoring for new material. It seems silly to me that they adamantly refuse to release anything.

They flat out said it wasn't going to be a full faction and not to expect a whole lot of support.

People like every faction.
>>
>>50498485
>Yo, guys, we like [thing]. Why don't you make more [thing]? We'd buy it.
>No, fuck you. We'll never make more of that because...uh, reasons. We don't even want your money.
Even fucking GW understands this by now.
>>
>>50498485
links? I've never heard this anywhere, and they've shown a lot of support for the faction before but recently there hasn't been a lot of anything.
>>
>>50498781
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?156712-Convergence-of-Cyriss-to-be-a-one-time-only-release
>exPPS_Simon
>Right now we don't plan for the Convergence of Cyriss to be added to the regular rotation of updated armies in our WARMACHINE anthology books (Cygnar, Khador, the Protectorate of Menoth, Cryx, and the Retribution of Scyrah), but we will likely add new models to their ranks from time to time.

They released all the stuff in the CoC book and that was it. Nothing since. The faction, while perfectly functional, is sorta dead.
Which is weird, since people love the CoC and want to have more of it, but PP refuses to come out with that shit.
>>
>>50498969
>PP refuses
They're not fucking refusing to release CoC stuff. I'm sure they would if they weren't preoccupied with other stuff. Like say a new edition.
>>
are the mk2 theme lists still legal?
if they are, how does a Colossus and TEP affect Lucant's Iron Giants list?
>>
>>50499293
they are not
>>
File: satyxis14.jpg (1MB, 2700x1776px) Image search: [Google]
satyxis14.jpg
1MB, 2700x1776px
>>50495241
Preach it brutha.
>>
>>50499071
It's been over three fucking years since the release. For christ's sake, we had yet another faction released in that time. Odds are non-existent at this point.
>>
I heard this game has zealots and stompy machines. I'm interested, but are games generally fluffy or more commonly about winning at any cost? I'm also seeing some hate towards the new edition, why?
>>
>>50499824
Technically it was a contract for an existing faction, and had only a small selection of models.
>>
>>50499888
There are bunch of factions with zealots, but the most prominent one is the Protectorate of Menoth, which is big into faith and fire. They are objectively the best faction, don't listen to any that would deny this.
For better or worse, winning at all cost is more common. Fluffy battles rarely, if ever, happen, the scene is generally highly competetive.
>>
>>50499888
Retribution is also a zealous faction with stompy robots. There will be "theme lists" coming out that give competitive bonuses in exchange for playing fluffier armies.
>>
Didn't coc get a new colossal recently
>>
>>50500091
can confirm anon, Protectorate is best
>>
>>50499888
Protectorate and Retribution are both religious zealots.

Fluffy arms kinda tend to happen simply out of unit synergy, but there are a lot of people that just run whatever works. Luckily whatever works is at least somewhat fluffy.

Like Issyria + hordes of dawnguard and a Hyperion. That's literally what her army was in her first appearance.
>>
>>50500476
Convergence of Cyriss are zealous nutcases as well.
>>
>>50500091
>>50500158
>>50500476
Thanks, anon. I'm a little bummed about a competitive scene. If I'm going to put time and money into making an army, I'd prefer to use the units I like rather than the units that are mechanically superior. I'll check out my local scene and see how it is.
>>
>>50501101
This game generally uses flat felt terrain, proxy bases for easier positioning and planning, generally NOT themed boards, and not really a lot of conversion potential. Every once in a while you'll see a neat theme but it's not super common. The story is plot armor character driven as well.

I wouldn't say it's WAAC fag all day, but league style, sport-like play and the points value that play is set at is almost universal.
>>
>>50501341
Don't say it that way! It sounds pretty sad when put like that...
>>
>>50497167
I have them aswell.
Have those praetorian guys with lance-halberds aswell, but feeling like i could replace them with 1-2 lights for more focus efficiency\cc options.
>>
>>50489260
December - Trollbloods
January - Protectorate of Menoth
February - Circle or Orboros
>>
>>50502395
2020 -Skorne
>>
>>50500270
We did. It's a garbage fire, but we did get it.

CoC is also in for a new tier list either Jan or March, and is confirmed for an army book, which are supposed to have more tiers and new models.
>>
>>50501101
Local scenes vary a lot in competitiveness.

WMH just has a national competitive scene, and a lot of highly competitive local scenes.

Even in the highly competitive local scenes, there are usually a lot of casual or hobby-focused gamers.

In my experience, though, while there are *more* competitive WMH players than games like 40k, they're much less obnoxious as a whole.

Mostly, though, before getting in to it, check out your scene and see if you want to play with the people who play in your scene. That's really what matters; unless you plan to be an ultra-competitive player who travels to big tournaments, 95% of your enjoyment of the game will be the people local to you.
>>
>>50502395
Last I saw, there was no release scheduled for february. March is Cygnar.
>>
>>50502801
>In my experience, though, while there are *more* competitive WMH players than games like 40k, they're much less obnoxious as a whole.
Being on average ~10-15 years older really helps.
>>
>>50502829

From http://www.warmahordesreleaseschedule.com/ :

February

TBD
Code Description MSRP
PIP 1092 Forces of HORDES: Circle Orboros Command (soft cover) $31.99
PIP 1093 Forces of HORDES: Circle Orboros Command (hard cover) $41.99
PIP 41138 Thorn Gun Mages - Mercenary Llaelese Unit (Metal) $27.99
PIP 41145 Colbie Sterling, Leader of the BRI (Variant) - Mercenary Solo (Metal) $11.99
PIP 71107 Horgle the Anvil - Trollbloods Warlock (Metal/Resin) $22.99
PIP 72102 Kaya the Wildheart - Circle Orboros Warlock (Metal/Resin) $29.99
PIP 72099 Loki - Circle Orboros Character Warbeast (Metal/Resin) $49.99
PIP 72101 Una the Skyhunter - Circle Orboros Warlock (Metal)
>>
>>50502928
The game is basically populated by 35 year old white alcoholics.
>>
>>50502928
I think it's more how the game and the community approach being competitive.

The wider acceptance of competitive style games means there's far less stigma about playing with the intention of winning, which means people feel more casual about it.

The fact that there's unifying standards and rules across the world wide community also serves to minimize rules and sportsmanship disputes, which is where shit can get ugly as well.

Both of those serve to deal with the worst elements that can come out of competitive communities. That's far fewer bruised egos and friendship ending arguments, which people of all ages are prone too.
>>
>>50502796
It's not garbage

It was a great release because it gave the prime axiom a new servitor type it can spawn
>>
>>50503168
Hey, we've got a Mexican player. And it's Wisconsin, we're all alcoholics here.
>>
>>50502940
I need to sell my LE Una before this shit hits.
>>
File: IMAG0039.jpg (5MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0039.jpg
5MB, 4000x3000px
>>50501341
That really all depends on your meta and local stores. We use some flat terrain but its nicely printed on that mousepad material with good designs. It is only for terrain that would be hard to play around otherwise, like forests trenches rivers and other such area terrain. We also use fully 3D terrain, like houses, trees, walls, outhouses, rocks, trains, etc. Our battlefields look good as well as be playable.

As for conversion, there's plenty of room for it as long as you don't go super far with it or change the weapons too much. As long as your press ganger or TO can recognize what it is without prompting you're fine.
>>
>>50504799
>Train
That's a cool idea actually. At the start of each player's turn it could move 1" forwards and bulldoze everything with like a STR12 collateral.
>>
>>50504972
It's pretty cool, we bought it for the club from Tectonic Craft Studios, we got two flat cars and a box car. He said he'd be working on more cars and a locomotive sometime. We've mostly been playing the flat cars as climbable or terraced obstacles.
>>
Time to dust off my P3 pots and get back to regulation paint schemes.
>>
Trollblood theme forces, Madrak3 spoilers and SeaKing spoilers up on Chain Attack Facebook.
>>
Wow, Skorne has entire warlocks that our spell slave can't cast a single spell from.
>>
>>50505999
In other news, the sky is blue, the Canucks still suck, and Cryx demands justice.
>>
>>50506039
well, we'll find out tomorrow whether or not they're better than the leafs at least. Lord knows the Oilers have let me down more than enough that they can't even do that.
>>
>>50505999
Ironically, Cryx is still worse off in that department. Look at Mortenebra.
>>
>>50505621
And that's my personal complaint for the day. YOu can't get anything done in this hobby without motherfucking facebook. Thanks for the info though.
>>
>>50502081
I get my hobby kicks in other game systems. For some reason I never had any "your dudes" impulse from warmahordes. There never seemed like there was much there to explore.

The game could use more stuff like the 5th border legion. They were in a good spot with the black dragons/silver line but instead they were made into alt units.
>>
>>50506095
Bruins fan here -- we're mediocre, like the troll theme lists.
>>
>>50506307
Sorry bro, I'm worthless and indolent.

Trollbloods Theme Forces
Band of Heroes Theme Force
Army Composition:
Trollblood Warlocks
Non Character Warbeasts
Champions models / units
Fell Caller models / units
Fennblade models / units
Kriel Warrior models / units
Long Rider models / units
Warder models / units
Krielstone bearer & Stone Scribe units
Stone Scribe Chronicler
TrollWhelps
-For every full 20 points of Champions, Warders, or Long Riders, you can add one command attachment or one medium based Trollkin solo free of cost.
-Warrior Models / units in the army gain Take Down
-Your Deployment Zone is Extended 2" forward
The Power of Dhunia Theme Force
Army Composition:
Trollblood Warlocks
Non Character Warbeasts
Trollkin models / units with the magic ability special rule
Stone Scribe models / units
Troll WHelp Solos
-Trollkin Runeshapers become FA U
-For every 25 points of warbeasts in this army, you can add one medium based solo or five troll whelp solos free of cost
-Warbeasts in this army gain +2 THR
-Friendly models / units can begin the game affected by the upkeep spells of models in this army.
>>
>>50506355
Thanks!
>>
>>50506355
Madrak 3
SPD 6
STR 8
MAT 7
RAT 7
DEF 14
ARM 16
CMD 10
Fury 6
Damage 18
Thrown Spear RNG 8 ROF 1 POW 14, reload 1
Spear RNG 2 P&S 14
Shield of Volarr P&S 12 (+2 ARM), beat back
WB Points 29

Protective aura: spend a fury for +2 ARM within 4" +1 for every fury on this model
Righteous vengeance
Shield Guard

Feat: friendly faction warrior models cannot be knocked down, tough on 4, 5, or 6 and when they tough they can advance 3".

Spells:
Fortune
Rebuke
Soothing Song
Spell Piercer
>>
Sea King
SPD 5
STR 15
MAT 6
RAT 5
DEF 9
ARM 19
CMD 4
Vomit swarm (gun): RNG 8, ROF 1, AOE 3, POW 13, additional damage die against living models, continuous effect corrosion. (after determining point of impact, another AOE deviates in direction 6, 1, or 2 and is POW 7)
Big Meaty Fist RNG 2 P&S 19
Anchor RNG 2 P&S 20 chain weapon, 4" melee range during activation, crit knockdown
Hit points: 54
Fury 5
Point cost: 42
FA: 2

Amphibious
Bulldoze
Snacking

Animus: Vortex of the Deep
Cost 2, RNG 8, AOE *, Duration Round, Off Yes
If the attack misses, nothing happens. If it hits, center a 4" AOE on the model directly hit. Push models in the AOE directly toward the model hit in the order of your choosing. The AOE is shallow water that stays in play for one round.
>>
I'm still mad that there's no sale on CoC stuff for the holiday specials.
>>
>>50506379
So he can spend a Fury every turn to be 14/20? Not as tanky as Madrak2, but pretty damn tanky.
>>
>>50506424
Eh, it's Butcher. Butcher can be killed.
>>
>>50506392
>Anchor RNG 2 P&S 20 chain weapon, 4" melee range during activation, crit knockdown
FUUUUUUCK
>>
>>50506379
Shield guard seems so weird on your caster.
>>
>>50506467
Lucant can attest to it being great once you get used to the side effects.
>>
>>50506392
Gargs can't get concealment and they have native pathfinder so waht the fuck does amphibious do
>>
>>50506493
also no way in hell would there be a water feature big enough for a garg to be completely within on a table anyway. I hope they didn't take amphib in account when they were weighing its point cost
>>
>>50506493
Keeps Barnabus from knocking him down :)))
>>
>>50506392
42 points is considerably more expensive than any other gargossal

the animus looks really neat, but its range is only 1 inch longer than his charging threat range with the anchor
>>
>>50506537
gargs can't be KD'd
>>
>>50506551
thats the joke
>>
>>50506493
Prevents Lanyssa from fucking you over with pathfinder being taken away apparently
>>
Does the 4 inch melee range apply to power attack sweep?
>>
>>50506579
:)))))))
>>
>>50506594
No. Power attacks all have 2 inch melee
>>
File: Lucant1_75.png (153KB, 409x543px) Image search: [Google]
Lucant1_75.png
153KB, 409x543px
thoughts?
I was thinking about just hiding the Optifex Directive behind/around the Axiom and using him as a meat shield/pull-in-and-assassinate model for the rest of the army to act around.
>>
>>50506680
also potentially switching the Cipher out for an Inverter, then turning my army into a largely melee force thanks to Lucant's Deflection spell
>>
>>50506490
Too bad he no longer has it.

But it's absolutely true. Saves your support models from solo hunters.
>>
>>50506493
It's just fluff, and if you do themed games.

Cryx Colossals also have it, for example.

But if you do a sea assault sort of thing, with half the board being water, it would be interesting.
>>
>>50506714
>>50506680
Swap to the Inverter, yes.

Drop the Enumerator, it's pointless. Bring another unit of OD instead.

If you're bringing Recips, you want a max unit.Min unit just isn't going to accomplish anything worthwhile.

Foundries aren't worth it in Mk3, though max Recips + Foundry is about the best you can do.

I've never been a huge fan of putting a Colossal and a BE in the same list, though I hear people swear by it. Just feeels too damn easy to get jammed out.

And learn to make that RAT3 work for you, because you absolutely need to be threatening with those drag guns. The PA is enough range for any CoC list.
>>
>>50506945
>>50506493
Same as with structures: Might become relevant in the future.
>>
>>50502395
Missed the second part of my sentence there didn't you? The part about the books coming out the very next month after Prime Mk2 was released?
>>
>>50506991
if I drop the Enumerator and Foundry I have enough to bring a max Recip unit and not much else.
I could drop the TEP, but that takes away a lot of the aggro I bring to the table.
Alternatively, I can leave the PA and TEP, drop the Enumerator and Foundry, swap the inverter, and raise the Recips to max. and still have a pretty strong swinging force
>>
>>50506680
Why the TE on the Optifex? Otherwise the list seems fine.
>>
>>50506455

But the Hydra only has a 2" reach...

At least this motherfucker doesn't have a ranged drag.
>>
>>50507236
>But the Hydra only has a 2" reach...
Here's to hoping they fix that next month.
>>
>>50506443

Well, it's Butcher with Fury instead of Focus so, it's slightly better.

Still, nothing to sneeze at.
>>
>>50507251

Eh, someone asked about it and Soles said it wasn't changing except maybe the Animus but that something was going to change about Gargossals in general.

Personally, I am hoping for baseline Bulldoze on all Gargs. It fits and I think it helps against shit constantly gumming up movement for huge bases. Also, if they got some kind of boosted to-hit on tramples I wouldn't be upset either.
>>
>>50507363
Stormraptor with bulldoze is slightly weird
>>
>>50507709
Eh big gust of wind from each flap of giantbirb's wings knocking people back is an acceptable explanation fluffwise for me
>>
>>50508106
That should be repulse animus then, not something muscling their way in.
>>
>>50506392

Garbage, what a fucking let down. I guess they're out of ideas.

>>50506379

Interesting....
>>
>>50507709

Is it really though? Yeah the Storm Raptor is a bird but he is still a giant ass bird.

Imagine an eagle that but flying into a group of people. They would still throw stuff around with it's weight and strength. You have to consider that a person isn't even as big as a rat to a normal bird of prey compared to a Storm Raptor. Even warjacks wouldn't have a weight advantage over it.

I can totally buy the Storm Raptor having Bulldoze as much as any of the Gargossals.
>>
>>50508685
I don't see a bird pushing around a devastator. If it's heavy enough to do so, I can't see it flying, even with magical juju
>>
>>50509024

Well it's a good thing that he exists in a world where dragons exist.
>>
>>50509092
Dragons don't have bulldoze :^)
>>
>>50507144
That last suggestion seems pretty good.
>>
>>50506392
42 points is hard to swallow for just +1 Pow over a Mountain King, a niche animus, and a garbage gun. Rng 4 is neat I guess? I'm not sure it's really necessary when Trolls have easy access to Rush and other SPD buffs.

Total garbage set of rules for an awesome model. Pity
>>
Mk2 Cryxfag here, thinking about starting fresh with a new, non-gimped faction. Is now the best time to start, or should I wait? What factions are competitively viable nowadays?
>>
>>50510475
Cryx is going to have their problems solved come January so you may as well stick with them.
>>
>>50510526
>Cryx is going to have their problems solved come January
Are they going to get rules on current models rewritten, or are they just going to get new models? Has PP said specifically they're going to get fixed?
>>
>>50510534
Current models are getting new rules. Basically they're releasing a big rules update (aka. a patch) for the game every 6 months, which will push and prod numbers around. This first one is going to be major because the game is borked right now. Cryx was knocked from its high perch to be the 2nd worst faction with severe problems, and Skorne, the worst faction in Mk2, was nerfed into oblivion. Like seriously, PP should face charges of war crimes for what happened to Skorne.

And yes, PP did specifically single out Cryx and Skorne as factions that will be receiving larger changes than the rest of the factions.
>>
>>50510550
Sweet, so I'll still be able to get some use out of my current models. Thanks for saving me hundreds of dollars, anon.
>>
>>50510554
n_n
>>
Yo, /wmhg/. Haven't played in a year or so, but recently I had a hankering to take out my robots again.
How is the new edition so far and, more importantly, how is Cyriss this time around? Still reasonable?
I used to play Syntherion with a pile of lights and steady heavies.
>>
>>50510727
Convergence is fine.
>>
>>50510526
You're going to be sorely disappointed
>>
>>50510802
Are you telling me that the only reason Cryx was good in Mk2 was MUH BANEZ or something?
>>
>>50510823
Raiders+UA and Witches+UA were the most underrated units of MK2.
>A unit immune to ranged that charges 18" across the board T1 and assassinates casters by attacking jacks
>A unit that shuts down Hordes by itself and has super-incorporeal
I thought BTs were pretty overrated. BKs were good because you could run a billion of them without having to worry about UA restrictions, but still didn't have the power of the Raiders.
>>
Hypothetically, if gunlines weren't so big (for some reason), where would Cryx be then?
Are they worse than other Factions in melee? Are their jacks so bad they'd still suffer under the shift towards 'jacks?
Again, this is ignoring gunlines, I'm rather interested in what Cryx is actually good now instead of what they're bad at.
>>
people still play this dead game?
>>
What do you guys think about the Indictor and the Guardian? They're the only non-character Jacks in the protectorate that have innate MAT 7, but I somehow don't really feel the need to run them.
The Indictor is more denial, but that's not hard to come by for the Protectorate. Plus only having 1" reach weapons is kinda puny for a medium-cost heavy jack.
An arc node on a heavy jack feels kinda weird on the Guardian.
Have you had success running them or they have no spot in the faction? Does the Scourge of Heresy just fill up the beatstick with benefits slot to well?
>>
>>50510823
No. You're going to be disappointed if you think all of Cryx's problems are going to be solved in January. They aren't getting changes like Skorne, just a few tweaks
>>
>>50513433
Is there a source saying that Skorne and Cryx are getting a different quality of updates?
>>
>>50513453
Soles was in a thread on the official forum explicitly stating changes that they're testing. They were huge buffs across the board on everything mentioned, barring the Gladiator that's going to 15 points.
>>
>>50513502
Sweet. I've been out of the loop since Mk2, so this is all news to me. How are they handling cards now, with these frequent changes? Are they relying more on the app, I suppose.
>>
>>50513900
>Are they relying more on the app, I suppose.
Yup. I'll just be writing on my cards. The whole faction deck thing is pretty poorly thought out really.
>>
>>50513900
>>50513941
They're releasing pdfs with updated model cards you can print off.
>>
>>50513986
I'm somewhat surprised they're just posting statlines for what'll end up likely being most of their models online.

...Not that they're not accessible if you were looking for them anyway, but it's surprising to come directly from PP nonetheless.
>>
>>50514183
They've been such huge cunts lately that they need to claw back the PR. You don't ridicule people on Twitter for saying Skorne is broken then later admit that Skorne is broken without pissing people off.
>>
>>50514213
Hahaha, what?

Also, what in Mk3 fundamentally broke Skorne?
>>
>>50514236
Well you know how Skorne were the worst faction in Mk2? They got nerfed. Like, hard. The best example that represents how badly PP understood the balance in Mk2 is Makeda1. In Mk2, Makeda1 was a nice solid support caster. She was mid tier as all fuck, no busted spells, just good solid everything. Then Mk3 hit and she:
>1. Swapped her good upkeeps for shit do-nothing upkeeps
>2. Had her feat nerfed so unnecessarily that for months people thought that all models brought onto the table had to sac their action
>3. Had her spell slave made unplayable, not like it mattered in the end really since she lost the spells her spell slave cast
>4. Had her character beast (Molik Karn) nerfed to the point of being unplayable
>5. LOST HER COMBO STRIKE FOR NO ACTUAL REASON

No one change really broke Skorne besides how few tools we have to deal with the newly buffed gunlines, but Skorne was already weak in Mk2 though stayed relevant in the competitive scene through Xerxis1 and Rasheth having solid tier lists, Mordikaar having a decent general game, and Molik Karn assassinations. So PP looked at tournament results, saw Skorne doing well, and nerfed Skorne.
>>
How popular, comparatively, is the game right now? Is it still 40K main contender?
>>
>>50514389
Skorne was not the worst faction in Mk2, man.

Minions were.

In fact, Skorne had been getting a lot of competitive tools towards the late end of Mk2.
>>
>>50514776
40k already lost to X-wing.
http://icv2.com/articles/markets/view/35145/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-spring-2016
>>
>>50514856
I never heard about anyone ditching warhammer for x-wing so I wouldnt call it a contender.
>>
>>50514236
In the shuffling of individual rules for MK.III they pretty much just nerfed most everything Skorne had with very little actually getting boons. The rest of the titan heard became playable, that was like the one thing Skorne players could celebrate, their models became "playable". Mind you this was also after titans went from def 12 to def 10. Oh and Praetorian Karax are much celebrated, you know why? because their dirt cheap, that's it. No spectacular rules changes, their just cheap in the current meta (good job there PP).

We lost our free charges from Paingivers, then on top of that several warbeasts lost a fury point.
Molik Karn was good at jumping in then getting the fuck out, so they nerfed his one useful ability.
The krea gave a buff against shooting, they pseudo nerfed that in a meta full of shooting.
Incredibly the Rhinodon went from a shitty heavy, to an even shittier heavy. His high point is his animus, which is duplicated on a cheaper warbeast, so....
Our spell slave is expensive, while almost all animi went to self (which he can't even cast now iirc) and most of our warlock spells he can't cast either because of self/command range/etc.
Cetrati were are main brick shield wall, so they nerfed the health to ALL Cataphract.
Skorne's warlock stable is still mediocre tier.

I mean I understand that PP had to fundamentally change how units play to change up MK.III form Mk.II. But when the majority of the changes are just taking the nerf bat to things so they don't work anymore, then just maybe making somethings playable when there were just garbage in mk.II you can see why most Skorne players weren't very excited. To the point where PP gave in and said their doing a whole overhaul of the faction. (Man I'm so happy I bought that faction card deck, which won't even last 6 months.)
>>
>>50515755
>Arcuarii received multiple nerfs
What were PP actually thinking?
>>
>>50515802
that every skorne player already bought all the arcuarii they would ever need
>>
>>50515841
I'm pretty sure Morghoul1's tier list was garbage. Largely because it basically forced you to run Arcuarii.
>>
>>50514856
X-Wing isn't a tabletop game, it's just a way for Star Wars fans to spend money on Star Wars.
>>
>>50516033
It is. You play it on a table. You build an "army". You use miniatures. You roll dice. There are even pieces of terrain.
>>
>>50516033
You've finally manage to dethrone the "stealthed wraith engine is a good gunline screen" comment from the title of Dumbest post on wmhg
>>
>>50511355
No thoughts here? Just whining about Skorne?
>>
>>50516278
Yeah but you don't autistically self insert as the model with the highest stats, so it isn't a tabletop game
>>
>>50511355
>>50516604
Make them a glass cannon offense like they were advertised as in Mk2. Give their units and jacks good mobility and increased resilience to range so they hit hard and fast, but with low melee resilience.
>>
>>50514815
Minions weren't a real faction in mk2
>>
Is hordes just the fantasy version of warmachine or is there something else added to it like larger battles or something?
>>
>>50516660
Then they aren't a real faction in mk3
>>
>>50516719
Now that pacts aren't a thing and you can take whatever units and solos you want they're much closer to being real. They as real as mercs now at least. Mercs could always go four star and take 95% of the mercenary model line in mk2
>>
>>50516705
It's the same game, just different, more wild and bestial armies. A general in Warmachine army is a warcaster that controls warjacks, a general in Hordes army is a warlock that controls warbeasts, they have different mechanics. Everything else is same. They are intended to play against each other.
>>
>>50516705
It's basically just a different mechanic for their commanders. Fury instead of Focus, warbeasts that generate fury, instead of warjacks that require allocatoin. Warbeasts have spells they add to their warlocks instead of just one card of spells for every warcaster. It's all just the same game, just different ways to run armies.
>>
>>50516751
Still no starter box and no Command Book coming. Gastonne is not getting an epic version, Minions don't even have same lvl lesser (Wrongeye, Brun, Rorsch and Dahlia don't count). Still no Minions Gargantuan.
>>
>>50516814
>still no minions gargantuan
The Dracodile should be a thing.
Although and I forget how huge bases compare to 5" plates having a gargantuan hiding in Baranbus' swamp pit might be absolutely degenerate
>>
>>50516705
The only difference between Warmachine and Hordes is who they focus on.

Warmachine deals with the developed nations of the setting and their wars between one another.

Hordes deals with the smaller, less organized factions existing in the same areas.

They use different magic, so they have different systems. But beyond that, they're so overlapped they're the same thing beyond that.
>>
>>50516754
>>50516782
>>50516915
Thanks for the help. That clears it up for me.
>>
>>50516566
Isnt it?
>>
>>50516915
Except that skorne is the biggest nation in the setting
>>
>>50516915
>They use different magic, so they have different systems.
Lore wise, even many of the factions have their own type of magic, cryx with their soul eating engines, Legion with it's dragon beasts, skorne with their pain induced magic, etc.. Though game mechanics wise, yea there is mainly just focus and fury.
>>
>>50517139
Skorne is half an exception, yes.

However, their overall power in the main area is still much less than the Iron Kingdoms at the moment, and it's very likely to stay that way.
>>
>>50494733
+2" Deployment
Warrior models are granted Takedown
For ever 20 points of Longriders, Champions or Warders you get a free command attachment or medium based solo
>>
>>50510727
Convergence is in a pretty good spot. Lucant is not the ball-buster he used to be, and CoC's recursion is significantly nerfed (this isn't exclusive to CoC, recursion was nerfed across the board), but otherwise probably better off -- you can now Induct 3 Focus per jack.
>>
>>50512461
I can't think of any compelling reason to take an Indictor over a Templar in a general purpose list. Maybe there's a meta where Choir isn't enough spell hate, but it's not one I play in.

The Guardian I'm really not sure. I think I'll pick up the new model and try it with Kr3oss.
>>
>>50520239
>I can't think of any compelling reason to take an Indictor over a Templar
I can, but I can't think of a compelling reason to take it over both the Templar and Scourge of Heresy.
There is a decent possibility that theme forces may fix this though
>>
>>50517139
>skorne is the biggest nation in the setting
By virtue of laying claim to the biggest ecological shithole on the continent, sure.

They're the most organized and martial Hordes faction, but at the end of the day they're still throwing angry elephants at their neighbor's borders in part because having your lands covered primarily by a blasted, resourceless desert is not very conducive to the development of large industrial centers.
>>
Just updated Conflict Chamber with the Trollblood Command book stuff.
>>
File: Kraye1_75 (1).png (88KB, 409x293px) Image search: [Google]
Kraye1_75 (1).png
88KB, 409x293px
>>50521639
hey if you find time, could you make Gallant's animosity rule work in regards to greying out the models she doesn't like? It irks me. Pic related.
>>
>>50521639

Steps to recreate:

Selected Madrak3
Select a few units
Select “Band of Heroes” theme force
When I click the paperclip on Madrak to select beasts—it will not open anything.
>>
>>50521985
Should be fixed now.
>>
>>50521899
Should be fixed now, thanks for the report. Didn't realize Gallant's animosity was borked.
>>
>>50501101
One of the really nice things is that most models have some role somewhere. It's more about finding the combo that works together for you rather than having a flat advantage.If there's a model that you really like, find what works with them.

At least that's what I've seen so far.
>>
>>50522104
>>50522189

You can't see any of the new Trollbloods Command book entries without first checking off the Steamroller button in the main menu.
>>
>>50514776
Infinity is more popular now.
>>
I am so angry that I had a dream where I was complaining to a guy about a list of things I hate in mk3. Psychological trauma lawsuit incoming.
>>
>>50525307
>And then, your honour, Ossyan popped feat.
>>
>>50525463
Haven't played in a while, but did the Ossyan list with dual-Hyperion + Hypnos that anon bandied about when 3rd first leaked ever pan out?
>>
>>50525667
No. Might just be because nobody owns two Hyperions though. Yet.

That said, the more mk3 unfolds, the weaker Ossyan seems.
>>
I don't know how to play this game, but i have been looking at shit that looks cool.
Gatormen seem cool but im told Minions are bad or difficult or something?
Cryx has zombie pirates which seems cool but their warjacks dont seem that interesting, is there something iI'm missing? Cool casters, cool units but the game seems to revolve around jacks, which seem generally less cool than warbeasts?
Are mercenaries as bad as minions? Magnus seems interesting and so do the "old fashioned" mercenary jacks.
>>
>>50527046
Minions were bad in the last edition and are pretty good now, as are Mercs. Cryx has some balance problems right now after getting nerfed off the throne of Mk2. We shall see how the January updates handles fixing them.
>>
>>50527046
Minions are a legit total faction. on par with Mercs. Cryx has a infantry focus but you'll always need to bring a few jacks
>>
>>50527293
>>50527296
Well the one thing i noticed is "Wrong Eye and Snapjaw" can be taken with Cryx, so i could take gatorman warbeasts with Cryx or most of the hordes factions. I figured this means wrong eye and a gator warbeast could be a good pickup so i could enter from something else into minions later.

Do Jack Controllers work in a similar manner? Like does a mercenary jack controller have to/can hire mercenary jacks? Or do they use the jacks of the faction they are hired into?
>>
>>50527562
Mercenary warcasters (or journeyman warcasters like Gaston Croissant) and jack marshals (solos with a "sheriff badge" as a special ability like Dirty Meg, Rutger Shaw or Thor Steiner) can only bring their own faction jacks (which means mercenary jacks)
>>
>>50527677
So for example i could take a Talon with Dirty Meg in a Khador army, but the Khador caster could not take their own Talon?
Interesting. It seems the minions and mercenaries have quite a bit of power within their own factions though, minions have a lot of "friendly faction model" powers so i guess those are a bit useless outside of faction.

Which would you say is the best for a beginner? Zombie pirate Terminus/Scarre Cryx, Magnus1/Whoever mercs or a Barnabas/Rask based minions?
>>
>>50524240
I cannot reproduce this; they show up fine in or out of Steamroller for me.
>>
>>50527883
To be absolutely honest, picking what you like the look of(or what you think plays the way you enjoy) is the best thing you can do.

This game's got a pretty steep curve no matter what you do, so sticking to what you like will benefit you the most.
>>
Just got back from a 3 round Steamroller at my LGS. It was 7 players, I got the round 1 bye. And thank fuck because I play Skorne. Round 2 I would've won if I had 10 more seconds on the clock, round 3 there was nothing I could do.
>>
>>50487569

You best not be talking shit about ghost pirates, Sytaxis aint got shit on Revenant Crew.

Banes can fuck right off though
>>
>>50503168
I have finally realized why I play Warmachine.
>>
>>50530359
Banes are the best though. Skeleton warriors are the best in every setting.
>>
>>50530444
Not when you can pick PIRATE skeleton warriors
>>
>>50530832
Where? Revs are zombies. With stupid oversized swords too.
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.