[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lorebuilding thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
Nit sure if there is something already like this in the catalog, but I didn't see anything.

So can we have a general lorebuilding thread?

Have an idea you want to bounce off someone? Need to fix a plothole? Just want to spew walls of lore from your setting?
Do it all here!
>>
So I'm trying to come up with a reason for self regenerating nanobots to not be widely used in a setting. I want this one character to have it, but can't figure out why this tech isn't widespread.
>>
>>50480497
Maybe Nano technology is something that [insert name of super brilliant awesome scientists here] invented and where several hundred years ahead of all the current tech.
>>
>>50480529
The character I want to have it is an android mercenary. So if I were to do that it'd have to be a "stolen tech" thing. Which I'll probably do anyway. But why would the super genius not have backups and be already working on distributing the tech?
Then again, this takes place in space with a collapsing government so I'm sure I could work in a few reasons why.
Thanks, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 736x998px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 736x998px
I'm working on a bunch of pseudo-evil monk orders for a campaign I'm running. Here are some that I have so-far.

>The Temple of Small Nothing was founded 500 years ago by the insane and legendary swordsman Mura-o Hijashi
>Having been a seeker of enlightenment his entire life, Hijashi discovered that the act of meditation and the act of murder both made him "one with the universe," as was needed to achieve nirvana.
>"When one murders," Hijashi famously wrote, "Everything else dissapears. In the panicked struggle of life and death, one does not think of their wife at home, or their comrades dying beside them, or that they are hungry, or that they are tired, or that they need relieve themselves. All that exists is you and your opponent, and when you take his life, then all that remains is you: for the briefest of moments, you have become one with all existence."
>"This realization is the first step. The second step is to kill perfectly, and without thought. Once murder becomes a rote action, then one is detached from the small universe of killing. In the single strike where your opponent dies, nothing remains - not even you. One has essentially destroyed the universe, and become One with Nothing, albeit a small nothing."
>Monks of the Small Nothing take these teachings to heart, and dedicate their lives to killing in a single strike, and without thought. Although not adverse to taking a life, the monks do not condone wanton slaughter (if ending a life brings one enlightenment, life must be precious). Instead, Monks of the Small Nothing seek work as assassins, gladiators, and executioners, with each kill bringing them closer to the enlightenment they seek.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 880x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 880x631px
>>50481086
second (and last) fleshed-out idea

>The Temple of the Grey Scorpion is founded on a simple belief: the importance of vengeance
>Revenge and spite, they say, is the most human of emotions, and what separates men from beasts. Therefore, to seek vengeance is to be less like a beast, and to achieve enlightenment.
>The Temple only recruits new members from those who have sacrificed nothing to seek revenge. It is said that these people have died from their revenge, for they lost their purpose in life once they succeeded in their vengeance. These people who have lost everything but their hate are given a new life by the temple, and trained in their ways.
>Monks of the Grey Scorpion travel the world, performing the work of assassins and mercenaries, but waving all fee for tasks of vengeance. Like the sin-eater, they seek to take the vengeance of others upon themselves, believing this will make them more human, and closer to the great Truth of enlightenment.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.