/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas For A Space Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: spaceship_sketch_by_peteamachree.jpg (239KB, 1200x663px) Image search: [Google]
spaceship_sketch_by_peteamachree.jpg
239KB, 1200x663px
So. I'm going to start a GURPS Traveller campaign, but I don't really have much time to prepare and read or watch something to inspire myself and fuel my imagination. You know, full-time job, PhD, and other RL crap.
What I have now:
I'm going to give my players a well-equipped large trading spaceship (customized Carl Marx class heavy trader, cargo capacity up to 8000 metric tons or 400 GURPS dtons), with an experimental mecha/gunship in hangar (think Viking from StarCraft 2) and a team of elite Confederate Marines for handling close combat situations. The main quest is going to be fairly simple - deliver a cryogenically frozen Terran Confederacy ambassador to the capital of vast, ancient and powerful alien empire (well, not EXACTLY alien, since Traveller's vilani are basically just a sub-species/racial variation of humans). Plot twist? Nobody in terran space does not have even a vague idea, where that capital is, and getting that information from vilani is not going to be easy, because, while not openly hostile (for a time being), vilani are somewhat xenophobic and rampantly isolationist.
What I need:
Every space adventure needs a side quests. A LOT of side quests to keep the players entertained. So I hereby ask you for help.
>>
bump because reasons
>>
and another one because same reasons
>>
>>50476137
The players are hired to break into a morgue and steal a corpse's eyes. No questions asked.
There's a data crypt implanted in them that has top-secret documents of your choice
>>
>>50476137
Donjon has a generator for space jobs that you can use (Science Fiction > Random Generator > Space Jobs), though obviously tweaking will be essential, and the generator only gives hooks -- it's still up to you to write everything up, but hey inspiration and direction is inspiration and direction.
>>
>>50476862
Alternatively, there is an alien parasite which nests and reproduces in fluidic cavities and they want a sample for reproduction and resale as a biological weapon. Of course, since the players haven't been informed of its existence, they won't realize that once it's removed from cold storage it will hatch and begin seeking new hosts. Why haven't the employers mentioned this? The PCs are a test bed; they were never going to be paid in the first place, just tracked down weeks later and studied/harvested.
>>
>>50476862
A captain of a large trading vessel and his officers are hired to break into the morgue? Seriously?
They'd just send in the marines and let NPCs do the dirty work, Which is not fun, because marines are NPCs.

We're taliking larger scale jobs here. Preferably, ones that involve using a ship.
>>
>>50477156
ram ship into morgue
ftfy
>>
>>50477224
My players are too logical to allow this kind of fun. Also, since the ship costs ~$1bn, repairs are going to be a bitch.
>>
File: 1424820297452.jpg (2MB, 3291x2532px) Image search: [Google]
1424820297452.jpg
2MB, 3291x2532px
>>50476137
The ship's computer keeps picking up the comm channels of dead people. Specifically dead crewmen from before the players owned the ship. Soon, current crewmembers start seeing things out the corner of their eyes. No one can seem to sleep because weird noises start at approximately midnight shiptime every nightshift. The ship's cook even swears he saw a woman outside the airlock, tapping the glass.

Eventually the players will have to investigate, eventually discovering INSERT YOUR PREFERRED ENDING HERE.
>>
>>50477472
Is not going to work, the ship is top of the line and fresh out of the corporate docks.
>>
>>50477684
Even spookier.

Or have the crew pick up/install an older part or pick up an idol or something.
>>
>>50477719
I am thinking about a fully self-aware AI secretly installed into the ship by the corporation under the disguise of advanced combat data management system. And, well, sine AIs in space fictions tend to go nuts all the time, there you go, your very own HAL9000.
>>
>>50477767
Could also just be bored. Or it gained sentience and decided to sell out to another company.
>>
bump for more ideas
>>
and another one
>>
>>50476137
do you have aliens in your setti-
>traveller

oh

i was always a fan of having an alien race that looks like humans if you gene modded them right get a single ship stranded in human space due to FTL malfunction. governments don't want it getting out that there is alien life, so they discretely capture them in a multi-nation group that holds and studies them and anything they can get their hands on. eventually one manages to escape and is trying to find their way back to alien space to report back on humans. PC's are either hired by the alien (which they don't know is an alien because they think it is just someone that is modded) to take them back, or they pick up on a bounty for their capture by the clandestine multi-government group that wants the alien back
>>
up we go
>>
up up and away
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.