[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Legacy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 32

File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Social Experiment Edition

Drop the names and trips for a thread and see what kind of crazy anarchy happens! It'll be just like /b/ lmao

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Blood Moon Stompy variants
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Affinity
>Oops, All Spells<

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moon-less Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
What is the best Storm variant right now? These are your choices: Belcher/SI, TES, ANT, DDFT, High Tide
>>
Here goes nothing...

Anybody else make a lot of play errors?

>Letting Pithing Needle resolve when you have three Flooded Strands
>Show and Tell vs Goblin Charbelcher with a Diamond on the board
>Force of Will pitching Flusterstorm
>Casting Brainstorm, then rearranging the top three cards and drawing one
>Pithing Needle naming Lion's Eye Diamond
>Dark Petition without spell mastery/playing Grim Tutor
>sacrificing nontokens to Dread Return when the opponent has an Engineered Explosives
>"Glimpse of Nature...FUCK."

Not all errors I've made, but all errors I've seen. What about you guys?
>>
>>50476188

None is in a good spot right now, though I think Belcher and High Tide are probably better positioned than the others. Don't know how long that will last, and I'm sticking with ANT for the time being. Still a strong deck, though not in a great spot right now.
>>
>>50476238
But High Tide has such a goddamn miserable miracles matchup.
>>
>>50476336

That's true, but Miracles is a bad matchup for Storm decks generally. It's definitely possible for ANT to power through a lot of disruption if there's no clock, but now that Monastery Mentor's around, that doesn't happen often.
>>
>>50476336
Isn't the Solidarity version all instant? So you can bait out a top activation and go off in resp. once they have no more mana?
>>
Ayeyo OP you got them HD scans? I really hope your duals aren't fake.
>>
>>50476386
the solidarity version is just worse in every other matchup thouugh. I'm not even sure it's really bettter vs miracles.
>>
File: 20161130_211400.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_211400.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50476418
printer isnt working but here are some close up pictures, what do you think?
>>
File: 20161130_211456.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_211456.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>50476687
>>
File: 20161130_211536.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_211536.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
>>50476718
>>
>>50476687
>>50476718
>>50476750
They're all fake. If you look at the black line around the frame of the card, it should be solid without any fuzziness. All 3 of these cards clearly have the rosette dot pattern present in the line.

Whoever sold you these cards sold you fakes.
>>
>>50476687
>>50476718
>>50476750
>>50476833

it's all carboard lmao
>>
>>50476876
It's real money lmao

Not like you would know that feeling anyway.
>>
>>50476927
>spending over twice the production cost of cardboard rectangles

we've gone through this kids
>>
>>50476955
Yes we have and we've concluded you're a faggot of the highest order. Why do you keep bringing this up?
>>
>>50476968
Wew Lad
Because I don't spend thousands on pieces of cardboard
>>
>>50476992
Because you think you're superior for being poorer. I didn't even know WIC covered hobbies.
>>
>>50477014
who said I was poorer? I simply don't enjoy making poor financial decisions.
>>
>>50476992
>Wow I'm so smart
>I don't even pay for my hobby lmao
>look at all these losers actually paying for they're hobby, you know the thing people LOVE to spend money on
>time to go purposefully cheat in a tournament because I feel better than everyone else
>What a bunch of kids, they don't even understand my superior logic
>>
>>50476833
fuck, are you sure? i got them from my LGS, it seemed pretty reliable
>>
File: Salt-Pile.jpg (75KB, 502x377px) Image search: [Google]
Salt-Pile.jpg
75KB, 502x377px
>>50476927
>>50476968
>>50477014
>>50477043

>ITT: Pic related
>>
>>50477085
Stop shitting up the thread
>>
File: peep.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
peep.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>50477095

>Stop paying thousands for paper
>>
>>50476876
>>50476955
>>50476992
>>50477041
>>50477085
please no name desu, read the op
>>
>>50477014
Not him but spending over $100 on a fucking Tundra is the pinnacle of stupidity. It's especially stupid when Wizards is not doing anything to make a fucking cardboard game accessible and lower the price of said cards.

It's especially stupid when players look at a product like Planechase and decide whether or not it is worth buying because of its values on the secondary market as opposed to the amount of entertainment it would yield.

I can afford to play Legacy. But guess what, I don't pay the $2000 it takes to buy a single fucking deck because that's a poor fucking decision. You can go to Europe with $2000.

We've been crying about Legacy dying for years. And for all that crying Wizards, the only people who can help the game, isn't lifting a finger to help people play it even though it would be profitable for them and our local stores. Let me tell you, I will find the death of Legacy hilarious. When all the "investor/collector" morons that Wizards hides behind realize they can no longer sell their mint-condition cards because nobody wants them due to the format being dead and Commander/Cube players having turned to proxies, I will have a genuine laugh.

The counterfeiters are Gutenberg with the printing press. And Wizards and collectors are the fucking church.
>>
>>50476221
What's wrong with FoW pitching Flusterstorm?
>>
>>50477044
That dude is lying to you, don't worry about it. If you really care bring it to your LSG and have THEM inspect it. Most judges can do that for you.
>>
>>50477129
t. the real based Chinamen Fakes Guy, not that "Chinaman Fakes guy" imposterfag
>>
>>50477170
REKT. You should act like your chink culture says to act and self exile because you have brought disrespect with that terrible get.

Check mine.
>>
File: IMG_5943.jpg (835KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5943.jpg
835KB, 3264x2448px
>>50477044
>>50477170
This is the border of a real Scrubland. Notice how yours seems to have a dot pattern in it?
>>
>>50476221
People are getting to know me as the guy who says "I'm so bad a this game" every time a resolve doomsday.

>>50476188
What are the main differences between TES and ANT? Wishes?
>>
File: fake scrubland.png (1MB, 1480x641px) Image search: [Google]
fake scrubland.png
1MB, 1480x641px
>>50477044
>>50477170
>>50477258 (me)
Here's your Scrubland.
>>
>>50477155

I should've included "with an untapped land."

One mistake I've made was to play through about half my deck in one turn looking for a Duress to take a Flusterstorm when the other guy was tapped out. I felt bad about that one.
>>
>>50476687
>>50476718
>>50476750

>>50477170
You're wrong
>>50477258 + >>50477290 is right.
>>
>>50477177
>implying anyone would every want to imposter a porrfag
>>
I want to buy a Tabernacle but I really only play legacy with my 3 friends and go to a legacy tournament at my lgs 4 times a year. But the card is so fucking sexy and I've wanted to build lands since I first discovered it.
>>
File: vRSfcJK.jpg (66KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
vRSfcJK.jpg
66KB, 512x512px
>>50477412
They're only $2.75 desu
>>
>>50476221
>forgot to activate a slyvan library trigger after playing it previous turn
>infect vs infect, named inkmoth nexus in g2 with pithing needle forgetting I use them too..
>>
>>50477452
Kek, get good
>>
>>50477259

Both decks run 4x Infernal Tutor in the main. TES essentially goes heavily into red to support 4x Burning Wish and a maindeck Empty the Warrens; ANT doesn't run Wishes but runs more powerful black rituals with maindeck Tendrils of Agony and Past in Flames. ANT also runs Preordain and/or Sensei's Top; TES tends to run a few copies of Chrome Mox to optimize Ad Nauseam. TES has a much bigger red component, so it runs only one basic; ANT runs 2-3.

So TES tends to aim for a quick Empty the Warrens or Ad Nauseam, but it folds hard to countermagic if it can't juice up a second Wish/Tutor quickly. ANT can go fast (both can T1), but it usually strips its opponent's hand first and sets up for Past in Flames because it's so strong against countermagic.

ANT looks worse on paper because it's got fewer wishes/tutors, but I'd recommend it. I haven't played TES because it's significantly more complicated, but its problem is that it's an all-in deck that doesn't go as quickly as decks like Belcher, All Spells, or PSI, and it doesn't have the resilience of ANT.

I'd started off wanting to play TES, but I don't feel any incentive to try it at this point.
>>
File: unspecified.jpg (255KB, 2048x1229px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
255KB, 2048x1229px
Kind of a shit picture but lighting sucks and my phone is 4 years old. I can try to get a better one tomorrow if I have time.

List (if you don't want to guess)
MB:
4 Probe
4 Street Wraith
4 Manamorphose
4 SSG
4 Dark Rit
4 Cabal Rit
4 Chrome Mox
4 Lotus Petal
3 Summoners Pact
3 ESG
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Narcomoeba
4 Undercity Informant
4 Balustrade Spy
1 Tinder Wall
1 Wild Cantor
1 Dread Return
1 Bridge From Below
1 Underworld Cerberus
1 Laboratory Manic

SB:
3 Spoils of the Vault
4 Pact of Negation
4 Leyline of Lifeforce
4 Nature's Claim
>>
>>50477570
O shit I forgot the lands!!! ;) kek
>>
>>50477570

Why the Spoils of the Vault? I thought that was only to find Charbelcher or Lion's Eye Diamond.
>>
>>50477631
If I have any extra black mana I can find Pact of Negaction if I need it. I've been thinking of replacing it with maybe some spicy Leyline of Anticipations so every turn 1 is a turn 1 kill. Or boring Chancellors, not sure.
>>
Good god in heaven if this shitshow is what happens when the trips get turned off, please BRING THEM BACK.
>>
>>50477663

I don't think that's a good idea. If you hit any of your combo pieces you autolose, even if they don't have disruption.

I actually run Pacts in the mainboard in place of 3 of the Manamorphoses and the Tinder Wall. Feels risky, but I also run double-Bridge, triple-Narco to facilitate fixing with Chrome Mox.
>>
>>50477663
>leyline of anticipation

Oh man that would be fun to play around with. Shitting on someone T0 like flash hulk would bring great joy to my penis.
>>
>>50477665
Nah fuck that. Feels nice to have a Legacy thread for once without the fake airs of respect namefagging gives off to other people.
>>
>>50477766
I actually agree
>>
>>50477705
You showed up with no fucking lands in your deck... I live life on the edge! Also I've exiled my Cerberus before but luckily had the nuts and Dread Returned Labman and had a Wraith in my hand.
In all seriousness, I kinda want to replace them...

>>50477720
You can't turn 0 but you can do it during their first upkeep before their first land drop :O!!
>>
>>50477766
Agreed. Anyone want to play Cockatrice or Xmage? (prefer the latter because rules enforcement and the client is easier to use)
>>
Well, just pulled the trigger on oops. Got all the shit except for pact of negation which I'll pick up next check.
>>
>>50478150
Brother from another mother!
Did you go with Underworld Cerberus or Angel of Glory's Rise/Azami?
GIMME A LIST BRO!
>>
>>50478197
I picked up both win cons to see which one I like better but I'm partial to the angel just because I used it in a similar deck before.

1 Angel of Glory's Rise
1 Azami, Lady of Scrolls
4 Balustrade Spy
4 Cabal Ritual
3 Cabal Therapy
4 Chancellor of the Annex (flex)
4 Chrome Mox
4 Dark Ritual
1 Dread Return
4 Elvish Spirit Guide
1 Laboratory Maniac
4 Lotus Petal
4 Manamorphose
4 Narcomoeba
4 Pact of Negation (flex)
4 Simian Spirit Guide
4 Summoner's Pact
4 Undercity Informer
1 Wild Cantor

Still up in the air on if I want to pack the annex AND negations mainboard as it seems a bit overkill. Annex because fucking useless after T1 anyway. Also might throw a bridge or two in there and see how it feels. Tinder wall is going to be a place holder until I get the negations.
>>
>>50478251
I would definitely get a bridge if you can, sometime you draw a narcomoeba and a combo piece (it actually happens all the fucking time!) and you need to get the combo piece out of your hand so you need to cabal therapy yourself, if you don't have the bridge you can't do that and you probably just lose.
Pacts and Chancellors are a tad over kill, there will be games you draw both or multiples and that will force you to mulligan.
Gitaxian probe and street wraith are your friend, find a way to get them in there. At the very least probe gives you a look at your opponents hand and cantrips (or lets you cast the nacromoeba if you draw 2+) and street wraith with either make your deck smaller or act as black mana for your moxen when you are in a pinch.
The RG mana is easy for this deck to make, Black can be problematic.

TL;DR
bridge = outs, no bridge = you're out
pact/chancellor = overkill, cut something somewhere
probe/waith good additions, probe>wraith
>>
>>50478251
>>50478362
cont.
I also prefer the Cerberus version because it's one less card slot in your deck so drawing your combo pieces becomes that much more unlikely. The kicker is the sequencing can be complicated until you learn it and there is a lot more shortcutting if you don't want to shuffle through your whole graveyard (deck) for every creature and add it to your hand. Shitbags have made me do that before.

But in the Azami list you don't need to run Wraiths to win, cause you got 2 wizards in play.
>>
>>50478362
>>50478414

I got probes and bridges already so those can just drop right into the deck.

Like you mentioned, cerberus is great like you said as you need less combo pieces. Less combo pieces results in less shitty hands where you need to therapy yourself to discard a combo piece and other such crap.

There's just something about turning a creature sideways and winning the game on the spot that tickles me.

Thanks for the input man, it's duly noted. I really do appreciate it.
>>
>>50477540
>but its problem is that it's an all-in deck
This is just false, stop posting.
>>
>>50477766
It hasnt seemed to make much difference in the quality of the thread since some people are just here to shit it up regardless. You're always going to have a bad thread if people try to make it bad.
>>
Casual bump.

Which of you guys has events coming up this weekend? My LGS is running Legacy FNM again and supposedly they've been getting 12+ people each night for the past few weeks. I'm gonna go as a farewell to the semester.
>>
>>50480801
Our monthly Legacy FNM is next Friday, and we generally get about 8 people (which is quite good for the north of England.)
Then we have a win a box of EMA that Sunday.

Going to end up playing White Stompy, since I am still about 7 cards short of finishing 4c Loam
>>
>>50480901
List for reference.

Artifact
4 x Chalice of the Void
3 x Mox Diamond
1 x Batterskull
1 x Umezawa's Jitte

Instant
2 x Dismember

Creature
2 x Phyrexian Revoker
2 x Containment Priest
4 x Eldrazi Displacer
2 x Stoneforge Mystic
4 x Thought-Knot Seer
2 x Sanctum Prelate
4 x Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4 x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Land
4 x Ancient Tomb
2 x Karakas
4 x Cavern of Souls
4 x Eldrazi Temple
4 x Wasteland
7 x Plains

Sideboard
2 x Ratchet Bomb
1 x Warping Wail
1 x Sword of Fire and Ice
1 x Dismember
2 x Rest in Peace
1 x Spirit of the Labyrinth
1 x Swords to Plowshares
2 x Disenchant
2 x Ethersworn Canonist
2 x Winter Orb
>>
>>50479418

Enjoy rebuilding after you dump on a Wish, some cantrips, three Rituals, and an Empty the Warrens.

Past in Flames is a good card.

>>50478362

This. Running at least one Bridge is crucial. Two makes it so that you have more awkward cards to topdeck, but it also makes it so that you have extra imprint targets for Chrome Mox.

Cerberus is actually a tad better than Azami/Angel. Takes up less space in the deck. It'll necessitate that you use an Ingot Chewer in your 'board, though, because of all the Chalices running around.

I don't think you need all four Manamorphoses, and I don't really like Chancellor because it's too easy to turn off. I run 1x Manamorphose, 3x Probe, and Street Wraiths in place of Chancellors.
>>
>>50481050
TES plays 6 discard spells just like ANT.
>>
>>50481050

TES can actually rebuild quite well. I've done a non-lethal Tendrils and then later went into a bunch of goblins to win the game. Also TES plays 4 Therapy and 2 Duress main and 2 Thoughtseize in the side which can be wished for if needed.
>>
>>50481164

The number of discards isn't as important as the inclusion of Past in Flames.

One of the simplest examples of where this matters is when you've got a Tutor and a Past in Flames in hand with a Diamond on the field; you can Tutor and sacrifice the Diamond, discarding Past in Flames, and either find a discard if they let the Tutor resolve or find more mana if they don't. You can just flashback Past in Flames and do it again.
>>
>>50481223
I've seen a list or 2 that even runs PiF main. Really what's happening is ANT and TES are slowly converging.
>>
>>50481238

>either find a discard if they let the Tutor resolve or find more mana if they don't. You can just flashback Past in Flames and do it again.

I phrased that poorly.
>>
>>50481245

Yeah, the weak-point is Burning Wish. It doesn't work so well without a big investment of red mana, but the red Rituals don't stack as well after the first couple of turns as the black ones do.

>>50481253

Yeah; I get what that said, though. You either find discard to knock out disruption or just let them counter your Tutor and flash back everything with Past in Flames.
>>
>>50481245

That's a really weird list if it's running 2 PiF main. There isn't really any need to run 2 main in TES, at most it will just run 1 and the other will be in the side.
>>
>>50481283
Burning wish adds a lot of flexibility though. And DDFT plays it without needing red rituals, although that may be partially a factor of how the deck''s engine operates. Makes me wonder if an 8-tutor deck without the heavy red slant could work. More like a true ANT/TES hybrid.
>>
>>50481335
You misread. I've seen a list or 2. Those lists run pif main. Just 1. I guess I didn't specify.
>>
32 man legacy event fires at your flgs and you are sitting at the finals. You have never seen the opponent before. Your first play is a cabal therapy. What do you name?

>Easy
Red sleeves.
>Medium
He didn't look at his hand but kept it anyways, smug as fuck
>Hard
He saw your last game, mulled to 3 and scoops, then after SB he keeps seven.
>Dante must die
He has no sleeves, no playmat and is eating Flamin™ Cheetos. His first play was a foil jungle shrine.
>>
>>50481375

Yeah it's not too unusual for TES lists to sometimes put 1 PiF mainboard as part of a meta call. Cook himself ended up running 1 in the main and 1 in the side for an event over the weekend.
>>
>>50481392
>Red sleeves
Lightning Bolt or Eidolon.

>kept a 7
Street Wraith or Dark Ritual.

>mull to 3, scoop
What in God's name... Lion's Eye Diamond? Dredge maybe?

>no sleeves no playmat Cheetos only Final Destination
Fuck it, Force of Will
>>
>>50481392

>Red sleeves.
Not really enough to go by. Could honestly be anything in my store but I guess you're insinuating he's playing burn so Goblin Guide or Bolt.
>He didn't look at his hand but kept it anyways, smug as fuck
Probably on Manaless Dredge so Street Wraith maybe. Weird longshot is Belcher and name Belcher.
>He saw your last game, mulled to 3 and scoops, then after SB he keeps seven.
Well what the fuck are we playing then where he's seen our deck and then scoops hard on 3 and goes to SB? I dunno, i'd probably name FoW.
>He has no sleeves, no playmat and is eating Flamin™ Cheetos. His first play was a foil jungle shrine.
Jungle Shrine? I dunno some weird ass Naya hatebears? Fuck it, Gaddock Teeg or Lightning Helix.
>>
>>50481392

>Red sleeves.
I use red sleeves and I play Storm. So probably Force of Will.
>He didn't look at his hand but kept it
Gitaxian Probe.
>mulled to 3 and scoops, then after SB keeps seven
Force of Will
>He has no sleeves, no playmat and is eating Flamin™ Cheetos. His first play was a foil jungle shrine.
Tarmogoyf.
>>
>>50481392
>red sleeves
Force of will. Sleeve color don't mean shit and I'm on combo.
>no look 7
Gitaxian probe. Its manaless and I don't want him seeing my hand.
>mull and scoop, then keep 7
Thorn of amethyst. He probably mulled aggressively to find hate and didn't, and now he's boarded and found his hate. A blue deck wouldnt have to mull that hard. Thorn is actually harder to deal with than chalice post board so we name that.
>flaming hot cards
Name thalia. clearly he's playing naya lands with main deck thalia.
I'd actually just dive over the table and start slapping his shit.
>>
File: 1467434356905.jpg (53KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
1467434356905.jpg
53KB, 512x368px
Yesterday i was playing enchantress vs red painter. and lost a game because he killed me with jaya ballard before he lose to RIP+Helm draw.

10 minutes after i realized i could have won if i had casted the humility i had on my hand

Shit happens sometimes
>>
So I finished this pile of trash and took it to legacy night. I ended up splitting for first, but it was only 3 rounds. I played against modern bogles (lol), miracles, and Death and Taxes. Against DnT we split, but played for fun. I took it 2-0. He misplayed in game 1 and it cost him the game, but I won pretty handily in game 2.

Creatures:
4x Vampire Hexmage
4x elvish Spirit-Guide

Spells:
4x Sylvan Scrying
4x Crop Rotation
2x Into the North
3x Thoughtseize
3x Duress
3x Not of This World
2x Toxic Deluge
3x Pithing Needle
4x Lotus Petal

Lands:
4x Dark Depths
4x Thespian's Stage
3x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2x Bayou
1x Overgrown Tomb (don't judge)
4x Polluted Delta
1x Snow-Covered Swamp
1x Snow-Covered Forest
1x Bojuka Bog
1x Maze of Ith
1x Sejiri Steppe
1x Ghost Quarter

Sideboard:
4x Sphere of Resistance
3x Abrupt Decay
3x Surgical Extraction
2x Life From the Loam
2x Choke
1x Pithing Needle

This deck is legit. I'm definitely going to keep playing it and testing it in other matchups. Let me know if y'all have any questions.
>>
>>50482061
How do you beat someone removing your depths by surgical or similar effects?
>>
>>50482061
Why not play verdant catacombs? And you could probably play blooming marsh instead of the tomb.
>>
>>50482061
DRS might be worth slotting
>>
I've been playing around with some Nic Fit lists, what do you guys think about going Jund and using Tunnel Ignus to punish my opponents for going for the Explorer search?
>>
>>50482093
I don't. I suppose I could put a living wish in the deck, and move a Depths to the SB, but I don't know if that's really worth it. Depths only hits the graveyard after I already have a 20/20, or if they use Wasteland. I have the MD Pithing Needles for those.

>>50482241
Blooming marsh would definitely be playable. Verdant Catacombs is expensive, and I can't justify buying them.
>>
>>50482575
Seems bad. You don't want to be playing tunnel snake before you therapy-vet-therapy since you want to do hat asap generally. And most decks don't have enough basics to really take advantage of it, so you might only get a bit of value out of the guy. What else would make red worthwhile? Maybe magus of the moon? BBE? Seems like too many hoops to jump through for not enough gain.
>>
>>50482607
Fair enough. Budget is real. My bro built that before it hit the big time cause he's poor and wanted a real legacy deck. Has served him well.
>>
>>50482700
I was thinking mostly for Huntmaster, actually. I guess it might be too slow.
>>
>>50482783
>The deck that plays titans and thragtusk
>Huntsmaster is too slow

Honestly give it a go. Might turn out great. I'd guess BBE works depending o how much of your list is removal
>>
>>50483006
I was more thinking the Ignus Vet Therapy combo might be too slow/cute, Huntmaster is a great 4 for Pod.
>>
>>50476968
because its a fucking tripfag who does this every fucking time with the legacy threads, derailing them into oblivion
>>
File: 20161115_002433~2.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_002433~2.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>50480801
GP in my town this weekend. Not playing the main event, just sides. Probably playing infect or br reanimator. Looking to snag some deals on some foils[/foils]
>>
>>50483310
*namefag
The tripfags we had before the last thread were fine, there was like 4 of them and for the most part they drove discussion as best as they could along with the other namefags. The whole point of names at the beginning of this was just to show what deck you were playing, nothing more, and for a long time it pretty much stayed that way.

Again, none of this was actually a problem until last thread when Folded, Lands and Chinaman started shitting up the thread. It was still cancer when we just had namefags talking about decks but it has always been a far more tolerable cancer than the shit that goes down in the Modern thread.
>>
>>50483310
You know that guy is only here to stir shit up. The other tripfags seem to be behaving themselves, for now.
>>
>>50480801
I wish I had time to play paper Magic. Going to Japan for Christmas though and I'm debating whether or not to pack a deck or two.
>>
>>50483351
Just do a Bryant Cook and crowdfund for it.
>>
>>50483714
If language isn't a barrier I would. No harm in play MTG with some locals. Not sure how big legacy is there though.
>>
>>50483411
It all began when people starter to want identity and the legacy thread becomed a circlejerking friendship club with the Solé purpose of posting pics of your ugliest deck as if it were a granny's club talking about their nephews.

They bought this plague onto us.

Anyway. Who vintage here?
>>
File: Nazuna.gif (543KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Nazuna.gif
543KB, 500x280px
>'make america great again'
>by buying chink fakes
>>
File: Tombstone Stairwell.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Tombstone Stairwell.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
The only people who've been shitting up the thread are people who claim everyone else is shitting up the thread.

Even Fakes Guy is less aggravating; he's making a point that's worth debating, even if I think he's wrong.

So what's the most curveball card/strat you've ever seen actually work in a tournament? I know this has been asked before, but it didn't get many takers.

Pic unrelated but awesome—the inevitable descent into hell of a thread on /tg/.
>>
>>50480801
Tomorrow is legacy fnm so I'll be attending that, trying to scrounge up the last few cards for DnT so I can play something other than oops for once.
>>
File: ROCKET LAUNCHER.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ROCKET LAUNCHER.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Metallest cards in Magic?

Pic related
>>
>>50481392
>Easy
Surgical/FoW

>Medium
Surgical/FoW

>Hard
Surgical/FoW

>Dante Must Die
Surgical/FoW

>>50484143
shit I forgot to remove the tag on my phone.
>>
File: 51JFHEqKpaL._SY450_.jpg (45KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
51JFHEqKpaL._SY450_.jpg
45KB, 318x450px
>>50484208
>>
>>50484143
Might as well bring the names back since anon can't stop talking about namefags even though they're gone.
>>
>>50484296
I forgot to remove it on my phone :/
>>
File: metalking.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
metalking.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
>>50484208
>>
>>50476221
forgetting to suspend a vision on turn one so i can brainstorm on turn two with a fetch is the worst i've done
>>
>>50476221
I have some horror stories from when I was learning storm. Let's just say there were quite a few game ones where I tried to go off, and ended up staring at my empty hand/board, my full graveyard, and realized there was nothing I could do. And I had to say "let's move to game two" as my opponent, confused but also slightly relieved, silently mocked my poor play
>>
>>50482783
>>50483006
Jund Nic Fit could also get Destructive Flow, which can be BBE'd into which would be sweet with the Vet engine. What do you guys think about Destructive Flow? Seems like it would be hard for Delver and Shardless decks to beat.
>>
What are your UB reanimated targets? I am currently running something pretty typical in the main, 3 griselbrand, Iona, elesh, tidespout, grave Titian, with a sire for those turn 1 combos. My sideboard switches between sphinx of the steel wind if I am playing locally because there is a lot of delver, or inkwell if I am going into something unknown. Any suggestions/spice you guys have?
>>
>>50485021
aetherling and blazing archon are cards that are probably not good enough against a wide field to warrant inclusion if you're going into an unknown meta, but each is hella dank in certain metagames
>>
There's a big-ish Legacy event coming and the local meta is nothing but t1 Deathrite Shaman, so with Dredge off the table should I play Belcher or Oops and does anyone have an up-to-date list for the latter? There's one in mtgtop8 from November but it looks god fucking awful.
>>
>>50485040
Is blazing archon for a ton of eldrazi/sns? And then aetherling is for miracles? Both seem pretty sweet, I might put an archon in the sideboard anyway, its pretty powerful
>>
>>50483821
Legacy is huge in Japan, and I could probably pass N3 if I really tried. The issue is space. I'll be going for 2 weeks so that means I'll need a lot of clothing which = luggage space.
>>
>>50484084
>Even Fakes Guy is less aggravating; he's making a point that's worth debating, even if I think he's wrong.
There's no debate to be had. Fakes are shit, fakes contribute to the death of the game, and anyone who tries to argue otherwise is trying to rationalize an objectively wrong position.
>>50484040
Trust me, it only makes sense in the delusional mind of a counterfeit supporter.
>>
>>50485220
Also, I don't want to put $8k worth of cards (2 pimped decks) into a checked bag, and my backpack would be filled with other, more essential stuff.
>>
File: 1367371655537.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1367371655537.png
10KB, 300x300px
>>50485256
>>
>>50485256
>fakes contribute to the death of the game
>More people playing the game kills the game!!!
Girlslaughing.jpg
Hey rudy, go back to your alpha investments shit videos and get out of here
>>
>>50485220
The legacy meta game is really imbred, it's mostly control decks and sneak and show.
>>
>>50481392
>32 man legacy event fires at your flgs and you are sitting at the finals. You have never seen the opponent before. Your first play is a cabal therapy. What do you name?

So I'm on Storm?

>Easy
>Red sleeves.
Eidolon of The Great Revel
>Medium
>He didn't look at his hand but kept it anyways, smug as fuck
LED
>Hard
>He saw your last game, mulled to 3 and scoops, then after SB he keeps seven.
Sphere of Resistance or Thorn of Amythest
>>
>>50485283
If by more "people" you mean more neckbeard faggots that still live with their mom then I'd rather have 1 less person at the weekly event. It would smell better, too.
>>
>>50485256
>>50485271
>>50485282
>>50485283
Jesus Christ! Let it die! Don't feed the fucking trolls! This debate is retarded!
>>
>>50485398
If we could get a mod to ban Chink guy finally then our thread's quality will improve 10-fold.
>>
>>50485099
Definitely, DEFINITELY play Belcher. It takes a steaming dump over decks without Force of Will. If every deck leads with T1 DRS, there's a 95% chance it isn't Stoneblade (which is much more frustrating than Delver). Either way you've got decks that die to FoW, but Belcher is the better option imo
>>
>>50485507
Chalice on Zero
>>
>>50485515
No one plays with on 0 blind g1.
>>
>>50485429
This. Please mods, save a comfy thread.
>>
>>50485507
T1 DRS is what most Deathblade decks do, in fact Bant Deathblade is sweet but I like Jeskai Stoneblade more cause red is a good color.
>>
>>50485533
Why not exactly? The only scenario where that's bad is maybe if you don't have a second one in your hand and you want to play one on 1 or 2.
>>
>>50485515
Chalice on 1 stops way more decks, I'd expect that instead of Chalice on 0.
>>
>>50485651
>Why not exactly?
Because the expected value of landing a Chalice on 1 is higher than on 0 when you don't know what you're playing against Jesus fucking Christ what kind of question is this?
>>
>>50485271
Just out of curiosity what decks do you play? I get that space would be an issue, but it's only a deck box. If you really wanted you could just put it in a coat pocket or something.
>>
>>50485880
Miracles and 4c Loam are fully built. Deckboxes show up on Xray so I would want to be present to take the box out and make sure no one fucks with my cards. I suppose I could just take 1 deck but that still means I need to keep track of it for the whole 2 weeks...

But I really want to visit TokyoMTG and Hareruya when I'm there.
>>
>>50486145
I would not bring a deck. Just go to the stores, check shit out, buy cards, whatever. Surely there will be some japs with a deck to loan out who wanna beat a baka gaijin at magical cards.
>>
>>50486145
Solid deck choices. Maybe just bring one. It's only two weeks and if you lose one you'll still have one at home. I think it'll be worth it to bring one, but you do you.
>>
>>50487302
>if you just happen to misplace 2 thousand dollars it's done because you have another 2 grand at home.
>>
>>50487326
Well it would be worse to lose both decks, wouldn't it?
>>
>>50477665
I think if people put their main deck as a name when it's relevant to discussion it's fine. Like ddft instead of ddft guy. Then there's no name fagging but we get the benefit of simplified discussion from people who know their shit.
>>
I'll never have a fully foiled out legacy deck...
>>
Have you ever gotten someone pre-game to take shit mulligans by placing wrong tokens/poison counter card on the table when you're playing something else?
>>
>>50488303
Most of us won't, don't worry.
[spoilers]I'm still gonna try [/spoiler]
>>
>>50487796
Yeah it was my fault in the first place for everyone appending "guy" to their name. I had a good reason for identifying myself and my deck in one of the early threads and then others joined me.
>>
>>50488338
Yes.
>place some dice on a stack that consists of a storm counter and 20 goblin Tokens.
>>
>>50487796
I feel like after awhile people identify with their deck
>>
>>50488460

I feel like the odd man out because I love and play different decks so much to the point it wouldn't feel right just selecting one deck.
>>
>>50488966
well put like your top 3 or something
>>
Since we have so many combo players in the thread, as a non-blue deck what can I do against your shenanigans? My (limited) experience so far is just hope I'm on the play and have t1 discard and you don't recover quickly enough.

My only combo games have been vs S&S, food chain, and one guy with manaless dredge
>>
>>50487302
I think it'll be worth it but I need to see if I even have time for it...
>>
>>50489120
You generally expect to lose game 1 and bring the hate from the board. What hate you choose depends on the match up but you gotta bring haymakers.
>>
>>50488460
That's okay, but if we can agree on simple names and no trips then we get: no 'skinwalkers', no cancerous name fag precedent, more intelligent discussion with simplified responses (for multiple people with the same deck discussing simultaneously just use 'infect', infect 1', etc.), and everyone's happy
>>
>>50489120
Silence, orims chant, mana tithe, aven mindcenser, etc
You have artifacts and orzhov colors that give you lots of access to prison and stax effects. What you can use depends on your combo.
>>
>>50489283
SB is
1x needle
1x Wasteland
1x toxic deluge
2x duress
2x hymn
2x thalia
2x containment priest
2x choke
2x surgical

I can probably tweak my mana base to add the Wasteland into the main, any suggestions for what to replace it with? I'm going into a new meta and don't want to get run over by combo decks that I haven't had to deal with before
>>
>>50489475
Stony silence, another thalia, perhaps another surgical, all are decent options. Could try haddock teeg.
>>
>>50488303
Foils are overrated.
>>
>>50489989
But bling'd out decks doe
>>
>>50489989
Foils are cool and show off you love a deck and put a lot of investment in it
>>
File: legacy-reanimate.jpg (1MB, 4032x1836px) Image search: [Google]
legacy-reanimate.jpg
1MB, 4032x1836px
Just now trying to get into legacy and trying BR reanimate since I already owned a decent amount of cards for it. Here is my deck so far, I'm not very familiar with the meta game so please pick it apart. All the stacks are 4 or ofs (or would be if I have 4). Using 2 Bloodstained Mires in place of 2 Badlands, 1 City of Brass for a 4th Gemstone Craven. Also have a proxy Griselbrand and Entomb until I can find some.

Side board isn't complete either, just a mess of cards that seem useful, besides the final fortune of course. What do you people suggest?
>>
File: SireOfInsanity.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
SireOfInsanity.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50491036
I don't think the red apes are worth it. pedal and dark ritual I feel is enough fuel to grant out those T1 fatties.

chancellor package should be in the sideboard.

I'd pick up a playset of sire of insanity. He isn't legendary like Jin and he wrecks shit the moment he hits the board.

Picking up more gbrands would be ideal. At least 2 more. 3 to me feels good in the deck.

Blazing archon should find a place in your sb.

Tidalspout tyrant should be a 1 of in your mainboard.

You could consider running some REB/pyroblasts in the sideboard too.

please please PLEASE don't underestimate sire of insanity. That card straight up hoses decks, nearly on the level if iona (dredge excluded). OH and you can hard cast that asshole if you're in a pinch.
>>
>>50491154
I strongly disagree about the chancellors, you should absolutely have them all mainboard. Otherwise I think this is mostly good advice, but I think sire as a 4-of may be overkill. No less than 2 though.
>>
>>50491154
Oh man, Sire is the card I had seen earlier and completely forgot about, I'll pick up 2 tomorrow. Getting that thing out turn 0 would be cruelest thing you could do.
>>
>>50491212
Chancellors I've found don't nearly save your ass as much as pyroblast I've found. After T1, drawing any of them is like shitting razor blades.

Don't get me wrong, they do open the door for a safe T1 combo and I'm not trying to discount that fact at all.
>>
>>50491036
I don't know if Gin Gitaxis does all that much. I think your MD package should be:

4 Chancellor
4 GBrand
2 Sire
1 Tidespout

And in the SB:

1x Iona
1x Elesh
1x Archon
1x Ashen Rider
>>
>>50491036
>foil elesh norn
>promo grisley
>missing a grisley
>???
>>
>>50491816
i think you're missing the most important bit

>final fortune
SPICE MUST FLOW
>>
>>50483064
>>50482783
>>50483006
>>50482575
If you're going Jund I recommend one of two things more than other jund variants.
Punishing Jund or Scapewish Jund.
Another variant is Jund Pod in which you get to play Broodmate Dragon, which is sweet.
>>
>>50489475
What are you playing bro?
>>
>>50492213
Personal favorite card ever!
>>
File: CEqha3j.jpg (4MB, 2926x3707px) Image search: [Google]
CEqha3j.jpg
4MB, 2926x3707px
>>50491816
>>50492213
Griselbrands and duals are hard to find where I'm from. The one Grisel I do have, my brother traded for it up in Pittsburgh while at comic-con. I could easily drive an hour to Roanoke where SCG is and buy what I need from them, but even they are out of NM grisels, and I'm not a huge fan of foils that I didn't open myself since they are almost all warped. Plus, I'd rather not support JewCity games. If I can't find a trade for it soon, I'll just order one from somewhere.

Final Fortune is just a pet card, one of my all time favorites, so I'll keep it in the side board until It's time for competitive tournaments.
>>
>>50489475

If you're running Green Sun's Zenith, at least one Gaddock in the sideboard is pretty much a must.

Pithing Needle's ok, but it's overrated. You might try Null Rod or one of the two relevant Leylines (Sanctity or Void). Maybe Rest in Peace if you don't need your graveyard too much.

Not sure whether you're running Maelstrom Pulse, but that's probably a good thing to have around. If you're low on 1-costed permanents, there's always Chalice, and if you're low on non-creature spells, there's always Thorn of Amethyst.

Don't put too much stock in what I'm saying because I've never run Junk. It depends a good deal on what your whole list looks like.
>>
So if anyone isn't aware already, 4 cards were spoiled yesterday for aether revolt.

http://mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html

Now we had a small bit of discussion in the last thread before it was derailed but I'd like to start it up again. I really think yaheenis expertise and scrap tracker have a place in legacy, even as a 1 of
>>
>>50493531
If you're casting a 4-drop in Legacy it better win you the game.
>>
>>50493754
A resolved jace doesn't always win the game
>>
>>50493531
I'm kind of thinking that thing might be good enough for doomsday, in the right meta. Sometimes I find I have to make a pass the turn pile, but I can't because my opponents will have lethal, expertise helps against that
>>
>>50493998
It will very quickly if they don't have an immediate answer. Yehennis expertise does nothing, I imagine people think it will slot into shardless, but there is no reason to play it over deluge or night of souls betrayal
>>
>>50493754
Also, I don't know how much play Damnation see's, but could this not replace it? What has 4 toughness that matters? Just batterskull of the top of my head
>>
>>50494862
I don't know how I feel about it in doomsday. 4 mana is a lot to spend on a board wipe in doomsday. Massacre will do more against decks where you want the effect, and other decks may have threats that ate too large. Pass the turn piles are something you should be avoiding, and if you find yourself wanting to do them a lot you probably aren't managing your cantrips right.
>>
>>50495020
Don't think about it like a 4 mana board wipe, think about it like a 4 mana doomsday that also happens to wipe. And I do try to avoid pass the turn piles, but it happens. As I said, in the right meta I think it would be correct, but maybe it's not worth a slot.

I just want to live in christmasland where I wipe away 14 goblins and set up for a win next turn
>>
>>50495292
I feel ya. It's worth testing but I don't have high hopes for it in doomsday. The one match up I feel it could be useful is mentor miracles, since ptt pile's are used more often and sometimes you want a board wipe to buy time. But I still think here are better ways to go about that matchup.
>>
>>50495292
Also mind posting your ddft list? There's so much variation in lists so I'm always curious to see other's carr choices and rationale.
>>
>>50495359
Personally I'm still using mtgtop8.com/event?e=12863&d=274726&f=LE

Except with +1wish -1petal. Still proxying, so trying to figure out what I like and how not to kill myself
>>
>>50495604
Yeah good to start with a proven list. I'm on 17 lands, 4 wish, 1 petal, 1 decay main. I really like the stability of 17 lands and 7 business spells.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
>>
Just played my first MTGO games in a few months. First match was against Griselbrand storm. Spent >80% of my time in "yield until end of turn".

I love all the OP shit in legacy but 5 minute Turn 0 wins are just no fun.
>>
>>50496205
That's why you're supposed to play blue retard.
>>
>>50496205
Griselbrand Storm? First I've heard of it. What did it do?
>>
>>50496293
Probably it's tin fins. Instant reanimator.
>>
>>50496293
>>50496353

Yep.

Not familiar with all the legacy deck names. it was Tin Fins. Similar to this list but running 3 or 4 of Elesh Norn.
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/tin-fins-ii-the-updatening/
>>
>>50492560
Is this legal?
>>
>decided to sell my LED dredge since nobody plays Legacy around here there's one tournament per month at most
>now I can blow it on EDH staples
>>
>>50497163
>sell out of Legacy
>build a $7000 EDH deck instead
Nothing like Expedition fetches and Alpha duals right
>>
>>50497705
EDH staples are often Legacy/Vintage staples, so they don't actually lose value. It's a win/win situation!
>>
>>50481392
>Easy
Sleeve color is irrelevant so this is just blank slate. Brainstorm
>Medium
T1 high win% combo, street wraith probably.
>Hard
FoW
>DMD
give a hearty REEEEEEEE and name wild nacatl.
>>
File: 2900_200w.jpg (22KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
2900_200w.jpg
22KB, 200x285px
>>50497129
Final Fortune? Yeah, it's legal. Here is a different art, although I like my version better.
>>
>>50493998
If you untap with JTMS the game has swung heavily in your favor.
>>
>>50498029
>Sleeve color is irrelevant so this is just blank slate. Brainstorm

You're pretty new at this huh?
>>
>>50498690
If it's just a solid color sleeve it really doesn't indicate much. Maybe if there's a design or an anime on it. Personally my decks with red sleeves were a pauper black aggro list and a charbelcher list. I don't have any burn players in the local meta but I'd assume it's not played entirely by artists who need red sleeves for their burn deck
>>
>>50498690
I don't see what's bad about this. I have never seen a correlation between sleeve color and deck choice, and brainstorm is the most played card in the format. It's just playing probability.
>>
File: 1478287751154.jpg (28KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1478287751154.jpg
28KB, 500x555px
>>50499044
>>50499118

>Lightning bolt sleeves
>Fireblast playmat
>Shirt with "Burn Player" on the front in flames
>Red flame design hat with a red mana button
>Spindown life counter from the fire and lightning deck

Cabal therapy, eidolon of the great revel

>Hand is 2 spirit guides, cabal therapy, manamorphose, dark rit, balustrade spy, probe
>>
>>50499044
>Maybe if there's a design or an anime on it.
I have Haruhi sleeves on one of my decks. Do you know what I play in that deck?
>>
>>50499426
I mean Burn is for the poor, so it's not totally unexpected that the guy would be playing an even cheaper deck.
>>
>>50496232
Blue is expensive even in digital form.
>>
>>50499627
Oops is more expensive since it runs LEDs in the board.
>>
>>50494878
Board wipes don't see any extensive play in Legacy unless they cost {W} or are uncounterable (Verdict). Sometimes you may see a miser's one-of Damnation or WoG in a random SB but most people not playing Miracles opt for a CMC 3-or-less (Deluge) wipe because 3 vs 4 mana is a lot.
>>
>>50499616
A homebrew tezzerator//nicfit hybrid generating value from the infamous rings of brighthearth + Pradesh gypsies combo.

on 4 separate occasions working at 4 separate anime conventions I played against reanimator players using inuyasha sleeves
>>
>>50499702
Not even close. How about a deck in ARIA sleeves? No cheating if you've seen me post this deck in one of these comfy threads.
>>
>>50499832
>Haruhi
Omnitell
>ARIA
High Tide
>>
>>50484084
Good post good card decent /tg/ morality.

Blessingz 4 Ur next match bro.
>>
>>50499832
Mono green storm.

What's in my solid purple matte sleeves?
>>
>>50499920
Wrong on both counts.
>>50500004
Some Delver variant, leaning towards BUG.
>>
>>50500004
Purple mattes? Storm.

What's in my matte black sleeves and Jace, Telepath Unbound playmat?
>>
File: IMG_20140710_214135842_HDR.jpg (5MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140710_214135842_HDR.jpg
5MB, 2432x4320px
>>50500025
>>50500070

Mentor miracles, a mono-g storm brew that wins maybe 1/8 games, oops, charbelcher, and werewolf stompy. Also my modern, standard, and pauper decks. Edh is in orange dragon shields.

Black with jace mat? Grixis super friends with a delver transformative sideboard..
>>
>>50500070
>What's in my matte black sleeves and Jace, Telepath Unbound playmat?
UB Reanimator or Grixis Control
>>
>>50499118
I have solid red sleeves on lands, so...
>>
I just always use red sleeves.

I'm a dirty combo player, too; never built Burn. Don't want to shell out for Goblin Guides if I'll never get crossover value out of them.
>>
File: 32.png (79KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
32.png
79KB, 291x343px
>mfw I realized we won't ever have artwork like what Phil Foglio produced anymore in mtg
>>
Why aren't there more storm variants?
Is it just publicity of the dominant storm lists that have won tournaments?
>>
who /sleeveless/ here?
>>
>>50501872
But there are a lot of storm variants. ANT and TES are the most popular because they are the best/most consistent, but there is also DDFT, SI, belcher uses empty the warrens, tin fins sometimes uses tendrils, high tide uses brain freeze, etc.

I don't really know what you mean by "variants" but all of these decks cast a lot of spells in one turn and win with a storm spell. If you mean ad nauseam decks, there is really no reason to play anything other than ANT/TES because those have been optimized over the years for maximum efficiency.
>>
Best of luck to the FNM players tonight
>>
>>50503386
I haven't been to a fnm in years. Hell I don't know my sci number
>>
bump in the night
>>
>High tide

what is this meme about high tide being a storm variant. I use brainfreeze about 10% of the time as i usually either go infinite with candelabra and capsize or just turnabout enough times to blue sun's zenith.

Can't risk your entire game on them having an emrakul or something. Brainfreeze is a nice response to their storm though.
>>
>>50505738
High tide is usually thrown into the category of storm variants due to the way the deck functions. Play cantrips and tutors to setup, make a bunch of mana and play many spells in succession, and then end the game with one big payoff spell. Even though the payoff spell might not actually have the word "Storm" printed on it, it basically is a storm deck.
>>
File: stormchart.jpg (31KB, 789x85px) Image search: [Google]
stormchart.jpg
31KB, 789x85px
Debate
>>
>>50505922
look at me trying to act all smart and shit and you just put me in my place. Well done. Thank you for the insight.

I haven't played magic in a while. The creature power creep and lack of viability of high tide type decks made me abandon the game.

I don't know why I came here lol.
>>
>>50505948
I agree with everything except high tide being the slowest. I go off on turn 50% of the time and turn 3 20% of the time. Although compared to those storm decks I guess its definitely slower.
>>
>>50505950
High tide is still a fine choice if you're good with it. It's got more finishes on mtgtop8 than my deck

I play DDFT
>>
>>50506009
I put High Tide as the slowest because it is content to wait the longest. Your chance of going off is always better with 1 more island in play. At any rate it is worth noting that the gap size between decks in those rankings is not always the same, e.g. the difference in resilience between ANT and High Tide is smaller than that between TES and SI.
>>
>>50506078
perhaps a better example would be that Belcher is drastically easier to play than SI, whereas there's not that much difference in difficulty between TES/ANT/SI.
>>
>>50506032
I have played the deck up until last June. I played high tide variants since 2012. I have experience with the deck and the meta and know the ins and outs. The deck is weak against miracles and most current hate. You can flusterstorm and Force all you want but every time you win (which is statistically way less that 50%) it feels like you have done so against impossible odds.

I played ANT for a while as well. That was effortless.
>>
>>50505950
If you don't post you don't learn. Getting railed on in a thread is the best way to gitgud
>>
>>50505948
What makes high tide so difficult? I don't know, I have never played it, only tes/ant, but the lines it takes actually seem simpler than those of ad nauseam decks. you could argue the wishes make it harder, but tes has wishes too. I am not saying its easy, but what difficult decision trees does the deck have that warrants that ranking?
>>
>>50507133
It's not just that the decisions are difficult. Longer games, much longer combo turns, often many more spells cast than a deck like ANT. Basically you need to play right for longer, so even if the decisions are easier the sum difficulty is greater in my opinion. It also takes some level of mechanical skill to play the deck in a timely manner.
>>
>>50505948
I think switch TES and ANT for consistency (as in ANT is more consistent). Unless your description of the row is the opposite of how you're ranking it.
>>
>>50507477
ANT is closer to the "most" end of the spectrum.
>>
>>50507596
Oh i see what you mean. The description is a little poorly worded. ANT is more consistent than TES. And DDFT and High Tide are definitely more consistent than SI.
>>
>>50505948
I think for SI that is hard to judge. The SI variants vary too much in speed and consistency and resilience. Like Pact-SI is geared for speed, whereas there is other versions that play brainstorm and Pact main board but are way slower.
>>
>>50505948
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't ddft faster than ant and tes? And I'd argue ant is more consistent than ddft.
>>
>>50508141
DDFT is definitely not faster than TES. it's approximately the same speed as ANT but it has fewer turn 1 kills. DDFT has more cantrips, including 4 top, more lands, and the same number of business spells. It's highly consistent. The fact that it has 1-2 mostly dead cards main doesn't have a significant effect on the consistency when you can filter your draws with top.
>>
>>50508141

No. A playset of Sensei's Divine Topdecks is great for long games, but the're a colossal speedbump for anything else. I don't run any in my ANT mainboard for that reason; it's a great card to have in an opening hand, but a terrible card at any other time (Dark Confidant has the same problem). Except versus Miracles, where you generally want Abrupt Decay and little else.

DDFT is unequivocally slower. I think it's awesome, but there's a reason I don't play it.
>>
Somebody educate me on All-Spells running Underworld Cerberus.

I don't see what you're supposed to do after Dread Returning the Cerberus. You sac it to Therapy but then there's no way for you to have enough mana to cast the Lab Maniac you return.

I don't see the line.
>>
>>50509593
don't you have the spirit guide creature rituals? that is how you cast it i think
>>
>>50509883
Spirit Guides are exiled when you use them. They're not in the graveyard to return. You can use Wild Cantor to get blue, but I don't see how you're supposed to get it started.
>>
>>50509442
While true, DDFT kinda has to run it because it needs as many "free" ways to draw into piles as possible. But there's no way I'd run more than 2, maybe even none, in other storm decks.

Also, doing a little testing of The Cure on cockatrice, i went 3-2 against BR reanimator. Not saying it's a great deck, but when you opponent can't swing with their gristlebrand becaause it'll pump your kavu predator into lethal with beserk range, thats pretty sweet.
>>
>>50509924
The deck runs 8 guides, theres always 3+ leftovers.
>>
>>50477570
How viable is Dredge (specifically manaless dredge) in a small local meta? A few of my friends want to start playing legacy and the deck looks fun. It if everyone knows I'm playing dredge will I just get shit on?
>>
>>50512225
Yes, ESPECIALLY Manaless. Graveyard hate is by far the easiest sideboard hate for any deck to splash. Given any small local meta, let's say 8 players, I'd give the decks played to be something like

>2-4 Manaless Dredge
>1-2 Burn
>1-2 fast degenerate combo or Pox (Oops, Belcher, budget Storm, budget Reanimator, Pox)
>2 tier 1.5 or higher decks

So if you don't mind going 1-2 every game and that everyone will roll their eyes when you sit down to play, go for it. Elsewise if budget is an option, find something that isn't literally Baby's First Legacy Deck, and I mean that as nicely as I can.
>>
>>50512478
Are there any other budget options that aren't glass cannon combo trash?
>>
>>50512536
Play mono blue delver with back to basics senpai. You just need force of will and wasteland. Cards that many decks use.
>>
>>50512536
Eldrazi is still decently cheap. Affinity, while sort of meh in Legacy, won't run more than $700. Enchantress is only $650 I think? Goblins is also pretty cheap.
>>
>>50512578
>Enchantress is only $650 I think?

Here's a list that's half that: http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=12777&d=274099&f=LE

Looks like the savings are in the manabase so if you already have GW fetches you're set.
>>
>>50512556
I might try some U Delver, think Standstill is too spicy to be good?
>>
>>50512825

Im new to legacy, so explain how this works to me. Like I get the ridiculous amounts of ramp into Emrakul, but how does the deck stay alive long enough? I guess drawing off spamming enchanments and the white you take no damage one, but doesnt this get fucked hard by anything that goes off by turn 3, which is commonplace in Legacy as far as I know.
>>
>>50513780
>but doesnt this get fucked hard by anything that goes off by turn 3, which is commonplace in Legacy as far as I know.

Not as commonplace as you think. But yeah the idea is you draw a shitton of cards and ramp up your mana to play enough prison enchantments that your opponent is soft locked out of the game, at which point you can just draw enough cards to win.

Just look up legacy enchantress on youtube and watch a few matches to see how it works and fares against different decks. It's a pretty sweet old school legacy deck.
>>
>>50513780
I mean, it folds to Emrakul and Tendrils of Agony, but tons of decks will fold to T2 Emrakul or Storm for 10. Solitary Confinement, however, does stop Infect if you're on the play because you can go Land, Wild Growth, pass, Land, Solitary Confinement (assume no FoW). In a format like Legacy you have to accept that some games you'll take it up ass and other games you'll go back and forth for eight or nine turns.
>>
>>50513780
enchantress gets fucked in the meta yes. Storm can do turn 3 or less very consistently. Belcher is even worse if you have no force of will. Lands just taps your serra's sanctum or destroys it. Enchantress is currently a 3rd tier deck in the meta. Not in terms of how often it gets played, but in terms of how well it can cope with the matchups.
>>
File: _20161203_212609.jpg (340KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
_20161203_212609.jpg
340KB, 1500x843px
Next stop. Vintage Doomsday.
>>
>>50505948
High Tide is actually quite low-difficulty. I'd swap SI and High Tide in the difficulty row. Playing SI is just "how many probabilities can I guess before I draw 4", which is usually miserably hard.
>>
>>50515276
See I don't think SI is that hard. Mulligans are harder than in High Tide, because you don't have the same consistency and interaction to help borderline hands. But playing the deck is just maximising cards seen and mana produced. The probabilities aren't that hard to estimate. In high tide you're basically doing similar computations, but more of them, leaving more room for error. But the Difficulty row was the one I had the hardest time deciding on. I knew I wanted Belcher as least difficult, and I figured most would agree that DDFT was most difficult, but the other 4 are all pretty close together in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>50515577
high tide is much more difficult than SI and TES, although DDFT is indeed the hardest.
>>
>>50515219
that is quite a few lands for a vintage deck. have you considered increasing your fetch:dual ratio?
>>
>>50513929
Leyline of sanctuary can help a lot against both. Belcher can't win with empty the warrens , nor does storm. And belcher will rarely have how to remobe the leyline on time before you can set down a solotaire confinement. Storm is much more difficult thanks to their consistent, but they will usually wait till turn 3 to burning wish for void snare. If you have luck with the hand , an exploration will allow you to T2 rule of law. Once you have defenses is just how fast you can goldfish and durdle around. But yeah, storm is a pain in the ass
>>
Tried playing ANT yesterday after about a week off. Jesus, practice is important with that deck.
>>
Something's got be wrong with MTGO's shuffler. I just lost 2 matches in a row because I mulled to 3 and 4 trying to find a hand with lands in multiple games.
>>
LGS had managed to find enough people to organize legacy for FNM. I did fairly well going 3-1-1 with goblins but was told splashing for white is quite popular for goblins now, but I feel like I have no idea what the hell I'm doing so I'm here for advice

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-06-16-legacy-goblins/
>>
>>50476088
>mfw the LGS I go to play legacy at no one plays any sort of control deck
How do I punish them and win erry game?
>>
Also what happened to all the namefags? They get banned or somethin.
>>
>>50520228
It's a social experiment for this thread because some anons couldn't handle good conversation because some people had characters in 4chan's name field and had to shitpost about it all the time.

To be fair, toward the end of last few threads we got a lot of namefags who were there solely to circlejerk about their names and be assholes to everyone else.
>>
>>50520208
Belcher
>>
>>50520165
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-06-16-legacy-goblins/

why run ports over wasteland? why splash white over black?

genuinely curious
>>
>>50520165
I think they generally play white for Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, since goblins can't beat combo otherwise.
>>
>>50520397
I run the ports since I have them unlike wasteland. What support would I be looking at for splashing black?

>>50520423
Guess I have the wrong thalia for the job
>>
>>50520604
>What support would I be looking at for splashing black?
>>>50520423
>Guess I have the wrong thalia for the job

Honestly I'm not sure. I haven't looked at a goblins decklist since probably 2008. But I remember there being some RB sideboard tech that was spicy back in the day. It was one of the gold cards that looked like vomit, like from invasion.
>>
I'm pretty new the the Death and Taxes deck, how's the match up against elves usually go? I played on Friday for the first time against it and it feels like if they have a strong turn 1 it's pretty impossible to win.
>>
>>50520838
Also I thought Eldrazi was going to butt fuck my life but game 1 was close and games 2/3 were pretty favorable to me it seemed. Cataclysm and Gideon made life pretty easy and flickerwisp was a real champ at getting around 2 chalice on 1 and a ratchet bomb.
>>
>>50520928
Scratch that it was a chalice on 2 and a chalice on 1
>>
>>50520391
there are control decks that don't run force of will, and many decks that do run force of will aren't control decks
>>
>>50520817
They play black for cabal therapy and grenzo dungeon warden generally, I don't really feel the list is stronger than stompy goblins or RW goblins though.
>>
>>50520838
Elves has always been a really weak matchup for DnT not really a whole lot you can do.
>>
>>50477816
I'll Play never used Xmage before though, also haven't played legacy in about a year.
>>
File: Goblin Deathraiders.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Deathraiders.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50484208
>>
Alright, tested some Mono-U Delver and it's been pretty sweet. Back to Basics is a powerhouse but I've found that Standstill is even better, being able to go Delver into Standstill with countermagic is amazing.
>>
Is anyone able to inform me on how the DnT mirror is? I imagine it's way more luck based than skill based
>>
So I am looking for the book the Planeswalker guide to Alara, as well as the Magic novels from ages past, where would be a good place to try to get a pdf/ebook edition of these?
>>
>>50522174

This is relevant to my interests.
>>
>>50522174
I haven't checked it, so at your own risk, but
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6932630/Alara_Unbroken_by_Doug_Beyer_MtG_Magic__the_Gathering
>>
>>50522399
>https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6932630/Alara_Unbroken_by_Doug_Beyer_MtG_Magic__the_Gathering
Yea that is the novel, I was looking for the setting guide that they wrote, the only one they ever actually physically wrote
>>
well my local shop cancelled legacy events indefinitely so I'm looking for legacy in the South Florida area. Anyone know a place?

>inb4 South Florida Magic at Dockingbay 94 they cancelled it and turned legacy to commander night
>>
>>50522588
I dug around a bit more and couldn't find anything that didn't 404, Hasbro is pretty good about this sort of thing though.
>>
>>50520838
Pre-board the only way to win is basically to curve swords to plowshare- stoneforge fetch jitte - new thalia - equip jitte and get counters.

Post board the match up isn't terrible. Ethersworn canonist and containment priest really help.

But yeah besides all in combo, elves is D+T's worst matchup.
>>
>>50522672
Yea the setting guide I think fell under a big thing of no one really bought it/was really before lots of ebook stuff became standard practice. It is why there have not been other physical books for the planeswalker guides most likely.

I have no idea though if that was just the general theme for magic novels in general, not a whole lot of people who really devour the fluff like some of the other major hasbro/wizards stuff out there, mainly concerning DnD settings
>>
>>50522823
Well to be fair, magic novels have never been really good. The lore isn't exactly fantastic either. Sure it has potential but they haven't used it yet
>>
>>50522670
Tell those players that Legacy is just like Commander, only more consistant and fun.
>>
>>50522843
I have enjoyed some of the novels, wont lie. Some of them are fairly decent, but gone are the days where the fat packs contained a novel, which was really cool
>>
>>50523520
Yeah, I should've said that in recent years the quality has gone down significantly
>>
File: 1480446712192.png (169KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1480446712192.png
169KB, 512x384px
>>50477570
How do you cover your cards in plastic? Can you buy plastic pockets like that? Or do you use the kind of transparent tape students cover their school books with? Please halp!
>>
>>50523604
Yea I want to see the novels become better. But then again there will never be a huge push for really good lore in this, since it is mainly a T CG and people who build around telling a stroy are rare as fuck in the competitive scene. Which is probably the only place people really have a large voice
>>
>>50525533
Go to your nearest staples and get them to laminate your cards
>>
>>50525533
Little known fact: If you soak your cards in water, a chemical in the ink activates and creates the protective coating you see in that picture.
>>
>>50527214
Cool, I put them in a hot bath right now! How long should I keep them there?
>>
File: PN_12.4.16_0051.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
PN_12.4.16_0051.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50527214
How long should I keep them in the water? Are you still there?
>>
>>50527356

6/10, would have given full marks if you did that to a Volcanic Island or something
>>
>>50527387
Kek, worth a try.
>>
>tfw camping out on TCG waiting for someone to put up some old foil basics in NM
Is there a way to get an alert when listings change for a certain card?
>>
File: darksteel_mutation.jpg (81KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
darksteel_mutation.jpg
81KB, 800x585px
Who's your favorite MTG artist, guys?
I love Daniel Ljunggren & Eric Deschamps!
>>
>>50527964
rob alexander :^)
>>
>>50501171
>mfw I realized we won't ever have artwork like what Phil Foglio produced anymore in mtg
Says who? We were never going to have a lightning bolt reprint either, look how that turned out.

>>50527964
The only ones I can recognize on sight are Folgio & Folgio.
>>
>>50527964
Terese Nielsen, Rebecca Guay, and Ron Spencer
>>
>>50527964
John Avon. See M11 Plains and 5ED Mountain.
>>
File: 20161204_122009.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_122009.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50527964
The usual suspects for the most part; Neilsen, Rob Alexander, Kev Walker (who's been going cards since '93 and never seems to get enough love), Avon and this beauty by Don Hazeltine.
>>
Hey guys, I'm taking Dredge to a tournament today. List:

Creatures (23)
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Golgari Thug
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Narcomoeba
2 Prized Amalgam
1 Flame-Kin Zealot
4 Ichorid
Spells (25)
4 Careful Study
4 Faithless Looting
4 Breakthrough
1 Dread Return
4 Bridge from Below
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Lion’s Eye Diamond
Lands (12)
4 Gemstone Mine
4 Cephalid Coliseum
2 City of Brass
2 Mana Confluence
Sideboard (15)
4 Force of Will
3 Abrupt Decay
2 Tormod's Crypt
2 Lotus Petal
1 Dread Return
1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
1 Ashen Rider

Is there anything glaring wrong with my 75? Also I'm not entirely sure with how to sideboard, since it's my first time playing with the Forces. When would the Forces come in, and what would I take out?
>>
>>50529627
I imagine the forces would replace LED, since you need a hand to make Force work. But I don't know what matchups you want it in besides probably like Belcher or something.
>>
I kinda like having a thread without names, but can we at least have a Doomsday puzzle? Just for old times sake?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.