[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cyoag/ - CYOA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 45

File: Aspects CYOA.jpg (764KB, 1600x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Aspects CYOA.jpg
764KB, 1600x1400px
No, this doesn't have anything to do with Quests, stop asking.

Previous thread: >>50460691
Resources and such: http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
>>
>>50472146
I'm only saying, the decision went both ways. I reduced the culling time to 40 days and put in a way out which isn't all that expensive.

I personally want it in because it's interesting as to what people would do in that situation. Yes murder and rape exists but I imagine a more colourful scenario. There is also heroism, ingenuity, survival, vengeance and excitement. There aren't armies of veterans waiting for rookies to devour them. Small groups may be inevitable in the culling, but honestly most are only there for themselves. It's every man for himself.

You think the culling is so bad when truly it's monster hunting that would kill the most.

>>50472187
Depends on your INT and your charing time, other than that, I don't know.

1 is average human level. Other than that I lost interest to imagine, but 10+ is basically monster level equivalents.

>>50472335
You can be whatever gender you want, don't let me stop your fun.

And I'd say Enchantment wouldn't do much for you, since you have only the Arcane element. (There are also Fire, Water, Lightning, Frost, Light and Dark elements.)
>>
File: MH1v3.1.jpg (5MB, 1500x9500px) Image search: [Google]
MH1v3.1.jpg
5MB, 1500x9500px
>>
Which thread do we use? This one or >>50472511
>>
File: MH2v3.1.jpg (4MB, 1500x10000px) Image search: [Google]
MH2v3.1.jpg
4MB, 1500x10000px
>>
File: YIClbe0.jpg (7KB, 154x154px) Image search: [Google]
YIClbe0.jpg
7KB, 154x154px
>>50472549
Whichever one Italics posts the Order CYOA in. After all, it should be done today.
>>
File: MH3v3.1.jpg (4MB, 1500x6900px) Image search: [Google]
MH3v3.1.jpg
4MB, 1500x6900px
>>
>>50472534
Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>50472534
Those elements listed are the only ones affected by combine, yes?
>>
>>50472534
>I personally want it in because it's interesting as to what people would do in that situation.
If you wanted that then why not do a culling bit on its own as its own cyoa?
>>
>>50472534
>Light and Dark elements
What exactly is light and dark elements?
>>
>>50472643
They're under Ethereal as the source of most powers.
>>
>>50472534
>which isn't all that expensive
If you're playing territories it's actually rather hard to, since having only two choices means you either need to take two hard areas and die, or one practice area with little payout.
>>
>>50472534
So you can't enchant items with Gravity, Barriers, Binding, or Psionic?
How would you make extra heavy hitting weapons, instant huts, permanent traps, or telepathic cell phones, then?
Could you at least combine Binding with the other elements to make more creative/potent traps?
>>
>>50472535
>Class/Blessing
Hunter
+3 Stat Points

>Skills
-Physical
Martial Arts
Athletics
Flurry
Enhanced
Overdrive

-Spiritual
Bloodlust
Monster Within
Soul Spirit
Hybrid
Incarnation

-Weaponry
Bladed Arms
Marksmanship
Ancient Weapon [Throwing Knives]
Self-Repair
Stamina

-Ethereal
Pocketing

>Stats:
STR: 3 [8]
DEF: 2
AGI: 12 [17]
INT: 2
SKL: 5

>Bounties
Hydra
Leviathan
Kraken

>Resources
Forge
Alchemy
Healing
Low-Class Housing
55 coins

Remade my "fuck you" build for the Culling, showing that pacifism works. By running away. Default 12 Agility combined with Stamina/Athletics means I can run away from just about everything. Equip a Leviathan Soul and nothing will be able to catch me in the water. For combat, either in self-defense, or for hunting the rest of the seasons, I use throwing knives usually, though when I hit Overdrive I can do a kind of "thousand slashes" by using them as melee weapons with my 17 Agility and Flurry. Normally returning the knives would be a problem, but with Self-Repair they should be able to replicate new knives by killing more. Kraken and Hydra are my backup souls in case of oh shit moments, Kraken can create a distraction while Hydra can help me recover from extreme wounds.
>>
>>50472534
>I personally want it in because it's interesting as to what people would do in that situation.
What interesting scenarios have come out of it?

All you get is:

1. People who hate it and complaint about it.
2. People who think they're invincible and can avoid packs of veterans.
3. People who masturbate about all the rape and murder they'll do.

The only moldbreaker here is that one fucker with his bomb obsession, and he's not worth all of this.

>Heroism
Newbies aren't in a position for this.
>Ingenuity
Only the greatest genius could outsmart everyone.
>Vengeance
So more murder.
>Excitement
Only if this is your fetish as you've bragged before.
>There aren't armies of veterans
Squads then. There's no reason for them not to.
>>
>>50472469
Muse, by far. It has many of the thematic benefits of the other three and more, with none of the drawbacks. The only downside I can see is becoming a cultural monolith, making the contributions of the rest of humanity inevitably tend towards the derivative; but since there's no limit to the quality and variety of your works, and the creativity of others isn't explicitly limited or destroyed and is in fact bolstered by your existence, I don't think that will be too big of a problem.
>>
>>50472534
>when truly it's monster hunting that would kill the most.
Bliss shows he knows nothing about humans.
>>
>>50472730
Jesus, you're like that faggot from two weeks ago who wouldn't stop bitching about some other CYOA because you can't conceive of yourself winning. Wait your typing style and defeatist attitude are just like him. Good lord, go the fuck away.

Just fucking ignore him, Bliss.
>>
>>50472607
>if you want X food, why do you sometimescombine it with other things instead of only eating it by itself?
>>
>>50472730
Would you be happy if you bullied bliss enough so he'd stop making cyoas totally?
Honestly from an outside perspective that seems like the only thing you're trying to do and I find it hard to understand. How broken do you have to be to try to get someone to stop making OC.
>>
>>50472730
>implying bomb guy isn't the hunter we all deserve
>>
>>50472790
I don't even know what CYOA you're talking about. I've posted remarkably little the last month or so.

>>50472793
When's the last time Bliss made anything new anyway?
>>
>>50472792
Because the culling is evidently big enough to fill its own meal?
And we're not talking about food but fucking cyoa?

>>50472795
Blessed is Chenchen anon, bearer of the holy shit hand grenade.
>>
>>50472732
>Muse, by far. It has many of the thematic benefits of the other three and more, with none of the drawbacks.
What drawbacks does Power have?
Hint: It's almost too good, especially if you choose to have a medical R&D firm that first works on curing stuff like involuntary aging and cancer and the like, and then branches out to fun stuff like genetically engineered catgirls or whatever. And you can do all that because success is guaranteed.
>>
>>50472294
Thanks for this. I just came home and I haven't read the thread yet but this post has helped me big time for irl stuff.
>>
>>50472792
How many people talk about actually hunting? The CYOA might as well JUST be the culling at this point.
>>
>>50472829
>big enough to fill its own meal
>not even a season long
>you have to kill 3 monsters a season, granting more than enough points to purchase a pass along the way
>game only covers the first season NOT EVEN THE CULLING

>>50472866
A good number of builds, actually. Last thread peeps were trying to put a party together. Culling complainers are just the loudest because people have to tell them to hush.
>>
>>50472469
haven't made a CYOA in a little while, and am looking for new concepts. Any suggestions?
>>
Bliss, can you give a little more information on exactly how Nullify works? Is it possible to focus it? Can Nullify be overwhelmed in some way? I feel like a sufficiently powerful mage ought to be able to overwhelm the field. Even if not, is it a consistently active field, or is it basically a temporary magical shield?
>>
>>50472806
It was Universal War, some faggot was bitching for almost the exact same reasons as you.

"wahh PVP ruins my immersion even if there is an option to get rid of it"
>>
>>50472866
>arguing is what proves that a given CYOA is worth making
Are you for real? People will naturally gravitate towards the contentious. Just because people noticeably talk about elves and dwarves a lot from LotR doesn't mean that the rest was window dressing or should be scrapped in favor of an LotR remake that just deals with elves and dwarves.
>>
>>50472888
What are your previous works?

>>50472897
He said that
>Just over arm's reach
>Absolute antimagic; can't overpower it
>Temporary skill with cooldown
>>
>>50472888
Legendary weapon CYOA. Use it to fight against the dark and nefarious forces that intend to destroy your world in order to sustain theirs.
>>
File: d8m0cxa.jpg (177KB, 764x1046px) Image search: [Google]
d8m0cxa.jpg
177KB, 764x1046px
>>50472535

Class
>Sorceress
Attributes
>Str +++
>Def ++++++
>Agi +++
>Int +++++++++++++
>Ski ++++
Blessing
>+3 Stat Points

Skills
Magical
>Catalysts
>Fire
>Water
>Arcane
>Lightning
>Frost
>Blink
>Combine
>Barriers
Spiritual
>Bloodlust
>Binding
Weaponry
>Marksmanship
>Enchantment
Ethereal
>Indomitable
>Recall
>Blessed
>Unleash
>Healing

Monsters
>Arachnid 20
>Kraken 60
>Dragon 110

Persona
>Age 5 (22yo)
>Beauty 10
Resources
>Forge 20
>Library 30
>Alchemy 40
>Market 50
>Healing 55
>Training 60
>Scavenging 65
>Diner 70
>Bar 75
>Hot Springs 80
>Low 100

I was busy at work all day and not really able to respond much. But the people fantasizing about me getting raped during the culling didn't read my build and I think are way exaggerating power of Nullify. It only lasts limited time and in close proximity. I think I have highest possible Int which is spell power and lots of very powerful magic that would make it very hard to attack me in a place with only one entrance. Even with nullify, it'd take awhile to get through and your spell only has limited duration. And I'd be a very friendly and helpful sorceress and would have friends that I hunt with sometimes who aren't psycho evil rapists, so I could just hang out with them during the culling and not even worry about rapist losers!
>>
>>50472888
Someone asked for ideas in the previous thread, maybe you'd like to do some that they rejected (or even your versions of the ones they seemed to accept)? >>50470185
>>
>>50472926
I made the "everyone is on fire" CYOA
>>
>>50472899
I don't think I've ever even see n that CYOA.
>>
>>50472599
You're welcome. I try to answer most questions or criticism when I can.

>>50472603
Yes, you can be a rainbow mage if you want.

>>50472607
Why go through the effort of having it on its own when I have a whole complete project to tie it with?

I wanted it to be part of the setting.

>>50472643
They are like emotional powers. Light is like happy emotions, and its magic is more destructive than arcane (obliterating, disintrigating). Dark is the opposite, with basically shadow powers which are more controlling.

Blessed (lore) is basically however you feel. You can have a dark aura or a light aura.

>>50472680
Only with licenses you can often pick and choose which monsters to engage. Bounties do not have that luxury but at least you know what you're up against. Both require some tracking on your part.

Anyway, there is always the blessing you can get.

>>50472686
Gravity, Barriers and Binding are special arcane abilities. So of course you can. Psionic isn't a magical element though.

>>50472730
>What interesting scenarios have come out of it?
Mostly imagination wise, a lot. Getting to save someone, kill someone, having a stand off, running for your life, hiding, not knowing who the trust.

But some people can't handle pressure. They need to win, they need it easy. In a realistic scenario, yes, I get it. But in game-wise scenario people shouldn't just get everything they want. Winning doesn't count unless someone loses.

Mold yourself into something greater, then.
and
>Squads then. There's no reason for them not to.
Firstly, randomized locations. If you were to reveal yourself then you'd just get into trouble. Secondly, distrust. Why would anyone want to randomly group up with murderers? That's just a crazy concept to me. Only friends group up.

>>50472756
I assume I can take any direction I want with the narrative of my own CYOA, anon.
>>
>>50472945
I don't really want to do anything lewd at the moment. Apart from that, I don't mind what genre the CYOA falls under. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
>>
>>50472795
reading those bomb posts im convinced he not only wins the culling but convergence as well
nigga gots a plan
>>
>>50472946
Aight.

Maybe a DBZ CYOA?

Race, basic point-buy stats, a couple OC companions, some techniques, and/or an equipment section.
>>
>>50473010
There was the slumber party suggestion, which could be non-lewd. Same for the "cursed"/harem waifu ones.
>>
>>50472999
>Only with licenses you can often pick and choose which monsters to engage
Not my point. My point is the payout is crap for them.

>Taking the gift that gimps your potential
Hint: All that other stuff is priceless.
>>
>>50472886
Yes, that thing bliss wanted to make mandatory and has always been a top topic, that entire builds have been centered around. With multiple other pieces of media using the exact same concept of battle royale.

That's definitely not big enough for a single meal.

>>50472999
I can accept this. But I still remain adamant that a culling like scenario is easily strong enough to stand on its own. Especially with this fucking community.
>>
>>50472999
>Mostly imagination wise
And when has it happened outside of your imagination?

>They need to win
They want to not fucking die, you idiot.

>Game-wise
By the CYOA, we're not playing the game, and a lot of us aren't so fucking arrogant we think we're invincible.

>Mold yourself into something greater
There's no opportunity to, because the veterans are going to Cull you the first time around unless you join in on their favorite hobby.

>Randomized locations
This actually just hurts the newbies. They're the ones most in need of friends and teamwork. Just makes them easier to cull.
>>
>>50472535
Sorcerer

STR: 2
DEF: 7
AGI: 2
INT: 8
SKI: 3

+1 Skill Point

>Spiritual

One With Nature (20)
Monster Within (19)
Hybrid
(18)

>Ethereal
Indomitable (17)
Blessed (16)
Recall (15)
Telepathy (14)
Premonition (13)
Healing
(12)

>Magical
Catalysts (11)
Arcane (10)
Fire (9)
Blink (8)
Lightning (7)
Water (6)
Frost (5)
Combine (4)
Detect Magic (3)
Barriers
(0)

>Bounties
Phoenix
Behemoth
The Strange
(110)

>Persona
Age (105)
Vacation [Spring] (90)

>Resources
Market (80)
Library (70)
Alchemy (60)
Healing, Fortune, Training, Scavenging (40)
Club (35)
Diner (30)
Servant [Tiger], Appearance, Attitude, Knowledge (0)
>>
>>50473113
Anon let it go, no one is going to budge on this.

This applies to the rest of you. Fucking leave it be.
>>
>>50472999

Bliss could you please rate my build >>50472944 and maybe hint what I could do to improve monster slaying and culling survival? I don't want to buy Exempt because the culling is an important event for hunters where I think they could learn a lot and maybe make stronger friendships and have some fun.

Right now my idea is to mostly use barriers, binding, blink, and heal to protect myself and rely on super big elemental attacks combining multiple elements to destroy things. And spend lots of time at the library and training so I can learn real fast and always be improving. And try to do some hunting on my own, but also offer to help parties looking for some support.
>>
>>50473189
>and have some fun
Murder and rape are fun to you?
>>
>>50472888
Waifus that are simultaneously weapons that you have to use kill a big bad that is simultaneously a waifu

You compare your weapon waifu with your big bad waifu to see just how compatible you are so that you'll improve your chances of survival.
>>
>tfw no wyverns/lesser wyrms in monster hunter CYOA
>tfw can't be a dragon rider
>>
>>50473262

Just fun surviving in the wilderness and sneaking and hiding, and occasionally fighting for survival. But I hope to be a kraken and dragon slayer eventually, so this would just be more like training than anything.
>>
File: cyoa BroJesus.jpg (355KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa BroJesus.jpg
355KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: Weaponized Waifu CYOA - Page 1.png (2MB, 1844x2906px) Image search: [Google]
Weaponized Waifu CYOA - Page 1.png
2MB, 1844x2906px
>>50473264
Is that any different from pic related?
>>
>>50472790
It's okay. If they want let it out I'll listen. I may or may not be swayed but any choices in the end are made by my decisions.

>>50472793
I find this all to be very intriguing and sometimes a little amusing, not to worry anon.

>>50472806
Something new was during summer, and I've updated Domain Master 2 months ago. I admit I haven't been actively making new things because I always try to out-do myself.

I've been thinking about space conqueror type (dragonball z esq/ripoff) and a crime cyoa (fantasy kingpin CYOA successor) but none are past the idea phase.

>>50472932
I kind of like this.

>>50473113
No need to get worked up.

>And when has it happened outside of your imagination?
All the time. Even these discussions are interesting to me. This general becomes truly alive with disagreement, and I enjoy it, very much.
Your continued survival is a victory, anon. And the rewards reflect exactly that. Losers are just as big of a part in this CYOA.

There isn't any incentive to "cull" other than selfish impulses. Literally you would be putting yourself at risk, no matter the odds in numbers or experience. Don't misunderstand, I get your concern. People are dangerous but everything in this CYOA is risk vs reward.

>This actually just hurts the newbies.
It mostly hurts people looking to group up. The scenario does expect some form of self-reliance.

Anyway, many made this point out to you and some like yourself have proven to be unpersuasive. Let's move onto to something new.

>>50473189
Sure, I'll just post this and then I'll get right on it.
>>
>>50472999
Since you pay tribute costs each season as upkeep rather than a one time cost, are you able to change what you're spending it on at the start of a season. ie Focusing on training at the start, then as you improve start changing them out into luxuries.

If you can change how you spend your tribute can you also change your licenses/bounties. Maybe not every season but once a year or so. I want to hunt the tier 5 terrains but starting with them I'd likely die the first year or fail the quota. Ideally I'd increase the difficulty over a few years, alongside improving my quality of life.

With the Persona category the right side seems likely to charge regular upkeep. However with the left side, do you only pay when you want to change something or to maintain the change?
>>
>>50473113
>>50473262
Are we almost done feeding the cuck with a murder-rape fetish by now? Bliss isn't budging on this and I'm right there with them, so just accept that you, yes you specifically, are going to be murder-raped during the culling by everyone else and/or move the fuck on.
>>
File: Weaponized Waifu CYOA - Page 2.png (1MB, 1196x1492px) Image search: [Google]
Weaponized Waifu CYOA - Page 2.png
1MB, 1196x1492px
>>50473389
>>
>>50472535
class-sorceror
blessing-+3 stat points (1 strength, 2 defense)
physical-tempered, toughness, willpower, sixth sense
magic-fire, arcane, lightning, blink, detect magic
spiritual-poisons, binding
weaponry-bladed arms, ancient weapon, stamina, ancient will
ethereal-recall, unleash, healing
2 strength
5 defense
2 agility
8 intelligence
8 skill
licenses-ruins, forest, twilight
library, alchemy, market, scavenging, diner, club, low

basically I unleash my weapon spirit or whatever the hell it is, have it do all the head on stuff and try to back it up with magic and traps.
>>
>>50472888
Something kin to "The man who would be King" from another era or location.
> Revolutionary leader cyoa
> Wild Western cyoa
> God & Gold & Glory conquistador type colonial cyoa
> East Africa Warlord cyoa
> Sengoku Jidai cyoa

Plenty of options.
>>
>>50473395
Are there more monsters not included on the CYOA? Considering players are designing characters that are presumably just starting out on their Wild Hunt, it wouldn't be absurd to assume they have a smaller selection, wish some potential 6+ Threat Level monsters.
>>
File: CYOA yggdrasil.png (5MB, 2000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
CYOA yggdrasil.png
5MB, 2000x1800px
>>
>>50472999
>Gravity, Barriers and Binding are special arcane abilities. So of course you can. Psionic isn't a magical element though
Then why'd you say I only had Arcane magic to enchant?

Is there a way to (with enough studying) pull a reverse Spell-to-Power-Erudite and find some way to power your Psionic skills with mana or something? It wouldn't be too broken to have three separate skills in three separate trees (Psionic, Enchantment, and Arcane or Combine) synergize.
Alternatively, can you give more detail about Dark spells?

Actually, I'll combine the Psionic question with my trap question: How creative can you get with skills? Can nonmagical skills get mixed together (Binding + Recall to teleport you to intruders, Binding + Psionic to pacify anyone who doesn't resist enough, etc), or are mages with Combine inherently more versatile than nonmages?
>>
>>50473395

>Sure, I'll just post this and then I'll get right on it.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>
>>50473395
>All the time. Even these discussions are interesting to me. This general becomes truly alive with disagreement, and I enjoy it, very much.
It's only ever about the murderrape and not liking the murderrape. None of the 'complex' situations you imagine.

>Your continued survival is a victory
No shit. And thus why they don't like your inescapable murderfest.

>There isn't an incentive to cull
To take people's shit.

>It mostly hurts people looking to group up
Which, as stated, is something that newbies need the most.
>>
>>50473059
I have this vision of all these retarded fat kids in safety helmets, elbow and knee guards and other padded body armor wailing away blindly at each other with those foam pool float tubes, shrieking at the top of their lungs about how no one can beat them in the culling, while their handlers run around frantically trying to calm everyone down. There are of course a few who are sitting in the corner bawling and pissing about not wanting to be in the culling.... and behind a desk in his office the director is just facepalming about "sports" day gone wrong.
>>
>>50473602
>To take people's shit.
weapons and armor are custom made for each person. I guess you mean that they want to steal their camping supplies?
>>
File: Extra Large CASH.jpg (34KB, 132x152px) Image search: [Google]
Extra Large CASH.jpg
34KB, 132x152px
>>50473466
Holy fuck.
I actually qualify for the bonus.
>>
>>50473669
>not taking another dude's ancient weapon to have smelted into yours at the forge
>>
>>50473630
Then there's mad bomber, covered in shit and twitchy sitting out in the parking lot. He can be smelled for miles, but no one wants to get near him for fear of leveling a city block.

But yea, Bliss's idea for the culling would probably have worked better elsewhere.
>>
>>50473537
>only one friend and one perk
>penis size adjustment makes no sense

How exciting.
>>
>>50473602
I like how when people ask what the Cullers could want, it's their stuff
I like how when people suggest bribing Cullers we don't have anything of value
I like how the Cullers kill the newbies without exception.
I like how the Cullers have superior numbers
I like how the Cullers care only about the murderrape when facilities are provided to take care of these urges the other seven eights of the year.
I like how, in their half a season, the Cullers account for most of the player deaths for the year, and not the dangerous bloodthirsty monsters
I like how the Culler's anti-hunter minmaxing allows them to meet their quotas and not get banished.
>>
>>50473669
>A gun doesn't fire except for the person who bought it.
>>
>>50473737
>b-but my urges
>muh real world examples despite the creator stating it works otherwise
>muh edits
>>
>>50473737
Why would someone take a bribe when they can just kill you and take all of it?

>Without exception
Everyone is always of the mind that Cullers would happily accept newbies who are willing to follow in their footsteps. Like a gang, as long as you're willing to kill for them, they don't mind you. It's just that people don't all WANT to be murderrapists.

>Implying consensual sex and non-fatal sparring is going to satisfy sociopaths.

>Monsters
Man is always more dangerous than a dumb animal.
>>
>>50472944
Please stop posting the same build over and over again. Just link to them or something.
>>
>>50473828
Shut up. Angel is always welcome
>>
>>50473798
Why in the world would they accept more members when it cuts down on their share of the murderrape and the rewards of the god that cares more about ganging up an easy prey rather than facing great monsters in glorious combat?

If there are so many people who don't want to be murderrapists, how the the Cullers manage to take over the island, when everybody else would have teamed up to face the threat in their midst?

If the monsters are so easy, why don't you up your risk and buy the exemption?
>>
>>50472944
Well, what immediately strikes out is that you lack in awareness. Traps and surprise attacks could certainly be the end of you, your decent defense stat helps, but it's not foolproof.

Since you're mostly magic based I would drop Enchantment and also drop Bloodlust for something else. You have Healing after all. One with Nature to replace Bloodlust seems better.

Not sure about you picking dragons, though. They are extremely defensive creatures and you seem to lack the stamina/vigor to keep fighting for long periods. You have burst potential (using Binding, Unleash, Combine) so I would advise something else.

Your tactics seem fine, just be wary of people dispelling your traps.

>>50473457
There are trash monsters but for more dangerous ones there are more Gods with their domains during the Tournament so you'll most likely see something like that there.

>>50473506
>Then why'd you say I only had Arcane magic to enchant?
Because those abilities are arcane...? Gravity, Barriers, these things require the skill Arcane, if you haven't noticed. They also say in their descriptions that they're a form of Arcane. Ergo, enchanting one of those is basically enchanting Arcane.

Probably a no on the reserve spell-to-power thing. Dark spells are shadow spells, materialized shadow to pierce enemies, grab them, rain spikes on them, even darken the area around you, etc.

You can combo whatever as long as you can do both at the same time. Like Overdrive and Flurry.
>>
>>50473764
Literally the description of ancient weapon, and what fag doesn't take ancient weapon?
>>
File: 1476531649224.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476531649224.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>50472944
>>50473189
oh hey it's another angel build
>>
File: Hotei cyoa.png (4MB, 1000x7732px) Image search: [Google]
Hotei cyoa.png
4MB, 1000x7732px
>>
>>50473703
Oh I did forget him. I was going to write him sitting under the punch bowl table smashing paper cups and yelling BOOM! I got you!....but I like yours heh.
>>
>>50473852
Speaking of gods, ever think of doing an update where players choose a lesser patron deity?
>>
>>50473842
Because of the pride in teaching the younger generation your craft. Also unpaid labor for the shit you don't want to do, freeing you up for more murderrape.

>If there's so many people that don't want to murderrape
Considering how many of you always defend Culling, murderrapists seem to have a majority.

>Monsters
>Easy
Nobody said that. Only that a hunter who is an expert at SLAYING those monsters is even harder to fight.
>>
>>50472469
Objectively, why would anyone choose Fame over Muse?

I was really liking Fame when I read it. Not because of the money (which is still nice) but because it allows me to do something creative.

When I got to Muse, however, it became clear that it's ten times better than Fame. You're telling me that I can sit down and type up my shitty ideas, or just write a song about some nonsense or another and have instant god-tier success?

Why the hell wouldn't anyone choose Muse? I definitely am.
>>
>>50473856
People who spent more points on skills.
>>
>>50473602
Most of what you said is you mirroring my comments?
>No shit. And thus why they don't like your inescapable murderfest.
So you agree, then? Inescapable? Exempt. Murderfest? Survival.

>To take people's shit.
Yeah, selfish impulses, greed. Just like I said. Again, just making my point for me. It's still risk vs reward.

>Which, as stated, is something that newbies need the most.
Would you rather have both veterans groups of death and newbie groups, or encounter everyone randomly? I'll personally take the second one.

>>50473698
Ancient weapons are personal and only answer to its master. It's literally useless in anyone else's hand, cannot hurt its master and will find a way back if ever lost.

Like I said, something new now. Or later. I think I'm off to bed.

>>50473737
Yeah, I like that too.

>>50473890
Thought about it. But I'm afraid I have exhausted most of my creativity on Monster Hunter alone.
>>
File: ChillZone-1.2.2.png (5MB, 1200x5400px) Image search: [Google]
ChillZone-1.2.2.png
5MB, 1200x5400px
>>50473869
>>
>>50473905
>Why the hell wouldn't anyone choose Muse? I definitely am.
See the spoiler in >>50472834
>>
>>50473890
>an update where players choose a lesser patron deity?
I like this!
>>
>>50473924
>Like I said, something new now. Or later. I think I'm off to bed.
was meant for >>50473602
>>
>>50473924
>nescapable? Exempt.
Too expensive.
>Murderfest? Survival.
Impossible. Again, the veterans can easily kill you.
>It's still risk vs reward
Little risk in taking down a stupid newbie.
>Would you rather
I'd rather you remove it.
>>
>>50473927
Eh, I'm still not convinced. If I don't want to work, I don't need to. I'll have money, and I can make up for lost time whenever I want.

Plus, it would be fun to wait a few months inbetween tv show seasons or books to make everyone wait.
>>
>>50473924
It's kind of funny, because earlier he was bitching about inescapable Hunter deathsquads who've been doing this for years, but now that he doesn't have the friends and protection that he already said he couldn't get, he's bitching about that too.
>>
>>50473894
>If you defend the culling you're a murderrapist

I'm defending the culling because I believe it contributes to the setting. Because it makes sense for a hunting god to pit his champions against each other. Because I believe with the forces involved, the Culling being dominated by hordes of murderrapistsis not a likely circumstance, and even if it did come about, the hunting diety would take steps to shake up that status quo

I don't know how you've managed to construct this scenario. Only a masochist could come up with it, and a masochist would enjoy it too much to argue against.

I don't understand why you keep bringing up the same concerns over and over when other people seem to enjoy it. It's like standing in taco bell bitching about how bad the burritos are when you are free to leave the establishment. Don't like the game? Then don't play. Upset about a flaw in a game you would otherwise play? Make you own. Can't make your own?

Then sit there and bitch about how the game dosent appeal to you until everybody stops enjoying it. That always works.
>>
>>50473395
Hey, Bliss, mind if I make a couple of suggestions for revisions? I'm not going to even talk about the Culling, but I did have a few ideas.

First, it'd be nice if you could make it clear how much boost to your stats activated abilities provided when activated, and how much they provided passively. For example, Overdrive and Iron Mass both suggest that their boosts are only while activated, but what about Barriers, Time Warp, and Wings? Can you use those if Nullified?

Second, some abilities could really use some clarification. Can you Enchant items that other people can use, or just your own? What's the range on Nullification, and does it affect Ethereal and Spiritual abilities?

You also might want to balance out the different skill trees. Ignoring the Tier 4 abilities (because I don't know how their stat boosts work), Physical and Weaponry get 6 boosts, Magical 3, Spiritual 4, and Ethereal 5. Adding them in, Physical gets a whopping 21, Magical 9, Spiritual 4 + Siphon, Weaponry 9, and Ethereal 8. More pressingly, you can get a total of +6/+9 Skill, +5/+10 Power and +5/+11/+16 Speed, but only +3/+8 Defense and +5 Intelligence. The numbers could use some reworking.

Also, any thought on balancing out Dangers? Right now, Underground is clearly the best danger for each Terrain, since it's +15 for only +1 Threat. It'd make sense to either cut it to 10, or make all of them correspond to the +1 Threat = +15 Tribute that Licenses have going on.

Can you upgrade Licenses and Bounties as you get better at hunting, or are you stuck with what you pick initially? It might be reasonable to let people change once per year, with the caveat that they have to be able to pay for any Persona modifications they've taken or get kicked out.
>>
>>50474019
>If I don't want to work, I don't need to.
Same with Power, since every choice you make turns into success.
>Plus, it would be fun to wait a few months inbetween tv show seasons or books to make everyone wait.
You could have a publishing firm or whatever and do the same there.
>>
>>50474005
>Little risk in taking down a stupid newbie.
Then there's little reward. Why wouldn't they turn on each other? Every man has his price
>>
>>50472834
A drawback for me would be how Power always corrects reality so that your bad decisions become successful. Letter of the law and unintended consequences sounds like a literal genie nightmare to me. Even good business leaders deliver fundamentally flawed mandates sometimes, and those are supposed to fail. Just like in the example from the CYOA you might not enjoy causing married men and women to work themselves to death to make up for the lost productivity of single employees, the involuntary, automatic corrections required to make "thing" successful might be incredibly destructive to our world.

I don't know, I don't think I would enjoy that kind of responsibility; I can accept random outcomes to my carefully laid plans, but not random third party effects from some outside power forcing my endeavors to be successful. Plus all of the baggage that comes from being successful in business, but without a product that you believe in strongly. How could you not feel like a sham, eventually? Unless you start believing your own propaganda, which is its own peril.

Muse doesn't suffer from this because in many ways creative endeavor is its own end and your creations are explicitly great in reality and not just financially and critically successful. That and the fact that all of your effects on others and society seem markedly more benevolent to me: a lifetime of regular masterpieces in every genre and discipline, an ever-expanding envelop on creative expression and depth that cannot outpace its audience, and countless protogées will be more fortunate in their endeavors. You can't even suffer from the ennui of the effortlessness of it all, because your works are always breaking any boundaries, even the ones set by you in your mind or by your last work.
>>
>>50473852
>You can combo whatever as long as you can do both at the same time. Like Overdrive and Flurry.
So you can't actually make Barrier/Psionic/Gravity traps?
That would've been nice to say the multiple times I asked you about my build focusing entirely around them.
>>
>>50474090
>Why wouldn't they turn on each other?
Connections.
>>
>>50474005
It's 25 fucking Tribute, dude. Take two 4 threat Territories or a mix of 3 and 4 threat Bounties and you'll have 100 to 120 Tribute. That's 75 to 95 Tribute left over for doing shit, which is the equivalent of two 3 Threat territories or a mix of 2 to 3 threat bounties. It's not that bad.
>>
>>50474005
Are you telling the Author of a CYOA how his setting works? That's precious.
>>
>>50474079
My point was that Muse specifically states every "creative pursuit." The later text implies that any work you create will be insanely good, but then it also mentions that you just need to "focus" to do it.

So, if I just made a sandwich because I was hungry, and not because I wanted to create the coolest sandwich ever, how would it turn out?
>>
>>50474123
>Take two 4 threat territories
Your overconfidence shines through again.

You think you can handle high level threats from your first day?
>>
How much visual design knowledge is needed to make a CYOA that isn't horrendous on the eyes
>>
>>50473852

Thanks a ton for critiquing!

I could definitely replace Bloodlust with One with Nature.

I kind of like Enchantment though since it gives +1 Int and having enchanted stuff would be cool. But I could replace it with Premonition or something if I really need to so I have awareness of trap and surprises.

I could hunt Basilisks instead of Dragons. That gives me 20 less tribute,but I can drop Hot Springs and Bar, and maybe Forge. Even though I kinda thought Forge might be useful.

Does that all sound right?

>>50473864

Yes, and...?
>>
>>50472834
I'd rather have Muse than Power, because Muse means I'll actually be that good, while Power just means people will end up doing good shit for me. Not to mention there's no guarantee my Medical R&D firm will be successful at Medical R&D - based on the wording, I might set out trying to cure cancer and wind up making the next designer recreational drug (which manages to avoid illegalization) or wind up with a placebo people purchase anyway.
>>
>>50474121
Because the raving, insatiable, psychopathic rapists would never, never consider betraying a comrade for personal gain.
>>
>>50474092
Contrast this with the societal contribution of Love, where potentially (probably) a nearly endless string of individuals who best fit your current desire for "perfect" will be drawn to you, without recourse, until you tire of them and throw them away; Fame, where people fawn over you no matter what you do, the whole world becomes an echo chamber where you are concerned, and you can't get any real feedback to actually improve (imagine how hollow and shitty it feels when you are absolutely sure you look like shit, and someone say you look great and they believe it); and Power, which I've already covered.

Muse all the way.
>>
>>50474146
Hell no. But I also think there's going to be a bunch of other people in the same boat as me, and we're all going to be interested in helping each other hunt those 4 to 5 threat Monsters and clear out those 4 to 5 threat Territories to pay for our Strange Waifus. I also think I have a season or two to learn the ropes before I get kicked off the island for failing to live up to my obligations.
>>
>>50474173
It might happen occasionally, but it wouldn't be common because of the risk of reprisal.
>>
>>50474173
Bad guys fuck each other over. Good guys band together, pool resources, and share responsibilities. Now there are fewer bad guys.

Does this look like a scenario in favor of bad guys to you?
>>
>>50472535
Sorceress (+3 Stats, INT, INT, SKL)

Magic 12

>Tier 1: Fire
>Tier 1: Catalysts
>Tier 2: Lightning
>Tier 2: Arcane
>Tier 3: Blink
>Tier 3: Combine
>Tier 3: Detect Magic
>Tier 4: Time Warp
>Tier 4: Barriers

Weaponry 2
>Tier 1: Marksmanship

Ethereal 6

>Tier 1: Recall
>Tier 2: Blessed
>Tier 2: Premonition
>Tier 4: Wings

>STR 1 â– 
>DEF 5 â– â– â– â– â– 
>AGI 6 â– â– â– â– â–  â– 
>SKL 8 â– â– â– â– â–  â– â– 
>INT 10 â– â– â– â– â–  â– â– â– â– â– 

Ancient Mountains (50)
Ancient Desert (65)

Persona: Physiology, Gender, Age, Beauty. 20

Resources

>Provisions: Library, Alchemy, Market (30)
>Services: Healing, Training, Scavenging (15)
>Luxuries: Bar, Hot springs (10)
>Hangouts: Club, Underground (10)
>Accomodation: None.
>Servant: Appearance (Strange/Human), Attitude (Submissive, loving, helpful), Knowledge (30)

Thought I'd make a magic-user after several magebane builds. This one is specifically geared to handling nullifiers and well.. Anything on the ground, really. If an enemy comes close, I can blink up in the sky, to where I'm just within range for my other abilities, which will be in a following post due to space.
>>
>>50474146
>The veterans are undefeatable! They grind slimes yet possess the experience and talent to overcome hunters blessed by the god of the hunt himself!
>>
>>50474221
Won't happen, as the veterans will be those who participated in Culling while the good guys aren't involved at all.
>>
>>50474224
Spell set:
>Blink+Fire:
Creates a fireball in close proximity at the location of departure
>Barriers+Fire+Time Warp:
Create a cubical prison around a target. Make time go faster inside the cube than outside, and the walls of the prison will eject flames onto the victim.
>Time Warp + Lightning:
Creates a bubble around myself, where time goes faster inside than outside. This will let me launch a relatively large number of lightning strikes at a target, and when the lightning exits the time field, it would essentially look like a great barrage of rapid lightning strikes. I have more time to adjust my aim as the outside will appear to progress slower through time.
>Fire+Wings:
The ability to enflame my wings will further aid me if someone comes too close to comfort. A spinning motion would launch a cloak of flames at the attacker, lighting his/her clothes on fire and create a deterrent to get even closer.
>Lightning+Barrier:
Barrier is an energy based shield, and with Lightning I hope to be able to supercharge it, make it stronger and give off zaps when touched. I hope to also be able to use Barrier as a onesided shield only, allowing attacks to come in, but keep the target from coming out.

I'm coming for you, anti-Culling fags that are too cheap to buy Exempt.
>>
>>50474172
>Not to mention there's no guarantee my Medical R&D firm will be successful at Medical R&D
Considering that anyone you'd hire would just happen to have the right sort of credentials, I don't see why it wouldn't.
>based on the wording, I might set out trying to cure cancer and wind up making the next designer recreational drug (which manages to avoid illegalization) or wind up with a placebo people purchase anyway.
That'd be on you for not steering the company down the right path.
>>
File: 1477615156831.png (1MB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
1477615156831.png
1MB, 1065x902px
>>50472581
I can only hope
>>
>>50474148
Very little if you have eyes that function remotely properly. Pay attention to color balance and make sure the text isn't a bitch to read due to the font / its color being over the background. Crop images properly if you're going to use them and don't overuse them. If you really want, try not to use images that are too different in style from one another, but that does increase the amount of time you have to spend searching for what you want.
>>
>>50474215
>risk of reprisal
From who? This is a world where friendships probably don't form given that not only does the god of the land actively encourage backstabbing, but the rest of the year a large portion of the population dies to occupational hazards.
>>
>>50474270
But that's Harold, not Hope.
>>
File: 1477615872511.png (693KB, 537x538px) Image search: [Google]
1477615872511.png
693KB, 537x538px
>>50474281
so what?
>>
>>50474237
The first crop of recruits has no reason to be any more skewed to bad guys than the succeeding crops, so the mechanic for the comparative success of good and evil are the same.

Bad guys infight and reduce their numbers, good guys band together and win more rewards for less risk, and they can bet more often.
>>
>>50474279
>From who?
The gang. Do you not know how this shit works?
>>
File: gal_talk_lin07.png (577KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
gal_talk_lin07.png
577KB, 2048x2048px
>>50474270
He lives in Texas, he has four hours left. I'm sure he's taking his sweet time uploading all 50 images to a Google Drive folder. Italics would never miss a deadline.
>>
>>50474265
If the secret to, say, curing cancer were people with the perfect qualifications, cancer would be cured because people with the most perfect qualifications already exist and are easily identified (unless you think that Power would create entire disciplines that don't exist, which I think is a little extreme). Cancer still exists because not only is progress slow, but a full staff with perfect credentials just means you are the best in the business, not that the object of your endeavor is possible.

Can your cancer treatment business be successful? Sure, you could tangentially discover a treatment for bloodborn diseases that turns out to be wildly successful, but I don't think you are guaranteed to succeed at your goals, just to succeed financially.
>>
>>50474304
How did the gang form in the first place? Why didn't it meet opposition? Why aren't there several of these gangs who are more concerned with each other than the harmless newbies?

Why do you insist on this defeatist scenario when practically everybody else finds it preposterous?
>>
>>50474279
You crazy, man? Remember that 440 days out of the year, you're fighting for your life against massive, deadly monstrosities. Take a look at the images - Spiders, the first Threat Two monster, are bigger than a trailer. They're the weak guys you practice on before facing down Behemoths. People are going to make fast friends because if they don't, they die, pure and simple.
>>
>>50474300
You claimed that you can only hope, but in the same post you harolded.
>>
File: 1462723567091.jpg (178KB, 1280x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1462723567091.jpg
178KB, 1280x1215px
>>50473361
Dream house, big place, lotsa rooms for lotsa friends. Don't need to physically split it up but about 50/50 is going to be living spaces mixed with operating spaces for various professions. Get pals in numerous fields, make sure they have tools and resources to be able to handle stuff as they like, start adding my name to the credits while learning as a jack of all trades for each of them. Support myself by rolling support for others and always making sure they've got a roof over their heads in a rough spot.

Gotta make sure there's a carpentry section too; might need an annex if I get overambitious.
>>
Right, so. I just had a dumb CYOA idea.

It's about suddenly-sapient pets in a city whose human population has mysteriously vanished. There is also no way to get more than ten miles away from the city.
>>
>>50474351
>I don't think you are guaranteed to succeed at your goals, just to succeed financially.
Eh, just another case of different interpretations of the same options, then.
>>
>>50474386
Isn't that basically Tokyo Jungle?
>>
>>50474348
I can wait
>>
>>50474356
>How did the gang form in the first place?
Murderrapists banding together in the first Culling.
>Why didn't it meet opposition?
Everyone else was a murderrapist.
Why aren't there several of these gangs who are more concerned with each other than the harmless newbies?
Several of these gangs do exist, but it pays to kill newbies before they can become a threat. Plus it's something they enjoy.
>>
File: Tokyo_Jungle_Official_Cover_Art.png (114KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo_Jungle_Official_Cover_Art.png
114KB, 250x250px
>>50474386
Japan beat you to it
>>
>>50474397
But it literally says your business succeeds, not that you achieve all your goals. It says one thing, and not another. That's not interpretation, that's reading it verbatim.
>>
>>50474224

Our builds have a lot in common! >>50472944 I like Wings since they have an angelic feel to them and cuz flying is awesome, but I needed Barriers and some other spells more. Maybe we could hunt together sometime and I could use Binding and Frost magic to pin monsters down while you fly around blasting them!
>>
>>50474401
I didn't even know that existed and must now look it up.

The CYOA was going to start with choosing between three factions - the Watch Dogs (dogs only), the Softpaw Movement (cats and their allies, mainly other pets), or the Vermintide (consisting of priorly-pet rodents as well as the various wild city-dwellers, including crows and possums).
>>
Why are pro-cullers so intent on denying that the culling is about raping and murdering?

It fucking tells you right there, indulge on your dark passions. Do you have dark passions about helping the poor and keeping others alive?

I don't mind the culling, I'll just buy myself out of it, but the idea that it's anything but an excuse for spergs to swing their katanas is ridiculous.
>>
>>50474376
But I think it is aplicable I'm enduring the wait to se Italics new CYOA
>>
>>50474410
So your scenario involves 100% of the first recruits being murderrapists... do you think you are reaching yet?

If you can claim that, someone could claim that the first crop was 100% sunbro paladins, and all newbs will be nurtured to their full bro potential.
>>
>>50474410
>Everyone else was a murderrapist.
citation needed
>Inb4 muh RP's

Anyway, if everybody's a murderrapist, and the murderrapists recruit them rather than killing then, what do you have to worry about? That you're the sole non-murderrapist on the island?

This particular conceit probably explains the persecution complex you have about this game
>>
>>50472535
--CLASS--
>Sorcerer
--BLESSING--
>Monster Soul (Strange)
--SPIRITUAL--
>One With Nature (19)
>Monster Within (18)
>Binding (17)
>Hybrid (16)
>Siphon (13)
>Incarnation (10)
--ETHEREAL--
>Indomitable (9)
>Recall (8)
>Blessed (7)
>Telepathy (6)
>Intangible (5)
>Psionic (2)
--MAGICAL--
>Catalysts (1)
>Arcane (0)
--BOUNTIES--
>Strange (50)
>Basilisk (80)
>Arachnid (100)
--PERSONA--
>None
--RESOURCES--
>Library (90)
>Fortune (85)
>Alchemy (75)
>Market (65)
>Bounty (60)
>Underground (55)
>Middle Class Home (25)
>Servant: Strange (10)
>Servant: Appearance (5)
>Servant: Knowledge (0)
>>
>>50473466
You can only spend 17 points max in the power tree, making "unbranching" not very useful it needs more perks.
>>
>>50474446
Except not everyone is going to be raping and murdering. Some of us would probably be raping and murdering the rapists and murderers.

And the anti-culling faggots, cause fuck those guys.
>>
>>50474446
>Do you have dark passions about helping the poor and keeping others alive?
You have no fucking idea, man. this is sarcasm, you neuter cunt

>the idea that it's anything but an excuse for spergs to swing their katanas is ridiculous
Rivalries and personal conflicts build up through the year, but most everyone is too busy with their quotas to bother with killing people; they save it for the Culling, where they can't hunt monsters anyway and their god actually rewards them for hunting each other.

What in the fuck was so difficult about that?
>>
>>50474446
We're not denying that the Culling is a dark time. We're denying that it is as dark as the anti-cullers are making it out to be.

Personally, I expect the culling to be a relatively quiet period, with the real murderrapists too busy with each other, and everybody else camping it out in their hidey-holes
>>
>>50474490
I would't even rape the anti-culling fags
>>
>>50474415
>looks it up
>there are dinosaurs involved

Well, I can't top that.
>>
>>50474453
You are statistically more likely to find a bunch of villains than you are a bunch of heroes, and regular people are the most liable to end up dying to a monster.
>>
>>50474038
Last reply because i want to sleep.

All T4 ability stat boost are temporary, so only when using it. Again, you can use nothing magical around close proximity of a user with nullification, so no wings no time warp no barriers.

If one abilitt gets numbers then they all should get numbers and i am not up for that. Some however could do with a text clarification or minor fixes so i agree. Not sure about making a revision unless its gamebreaking stuff in there or something new added.

Stat gains are often to balance out skills with eachother. Really useful skills have no stat gain, some have stat gain because lore wise, some have stat gain to balance it, some are pure stat gain skills.

Sure there are less opportunities to get a certain stat. True. Not sure if that is such a problem however.

Balancing dangers? That's a first. Clearly some have advantages/disadvantages. Underground is one of the worst. You can get list, get buried, can hardly see shit, and you fight in close cramped spaces. Besides threat isn't a linear system. Every threat is only an estimate, as said on page 2.

And i have had that suggestion before about changing bounties/ licenses but i designed the rewards around them so i wish to leave it.

>>50474120
Er, not sure how to explain it anymore. But you can combine them.

>>50474148
Simple alignment tools and layer/mask knowledge is the basic tools you'll need and you can make something simple but good with them. Searching good art is what can seperate your cyoa from others.

Okay thats it for me tonight, good night.
>>
>>50474410
>kill newbies before they can become a threat
>instead of recruiting them to swell your numbers against your rivals
Because gangs totally work like that.
>>
>>50474511
I'll only rape consensually.
>>
>>50474521
citation needed
>>
>>50474421
It says "your firm will quickly become successful". I'm interpreting that as the firm becoming successful by doing what you're making the firm do, including but not limited to achieving those seemingly impossible goals.
>>
>>50474521
You must learn to break this habit of saying things you believe, without mentioning why you believe them.
>>
>>50474539
How many murders happen every year? How many people do you think are complete boyscouts?
>>
>>50474170
Your builds are always a welcome sight.

I will be back on tomorrow if you have more questions.
>>
>>50474427
Sounds like a plan! We do complement eachother well. And maybe I can crash at your place, since I'm practically a hobo.

Also, since you're already at T3 in Ethereal, you could get Wings too if you mix it up a little. Like remove Indomitable and Enchantment, and another third thing. We'd be the perfect powercouple, flying around and blasting shit.
>>
why have these threads been going so fast? Did all the shitposters finish their bans at the same time or something?
>>
>>50474533
The thing about being recruited, is that we don't WANT to be murderrapists. It's a way to survive, yes, but it's not something we want to do.
>>
>>50474567
How many people don't commit a murder in a given year? How many people do you think are complete monsters, who don't commit crimes for the lack of opportunity?
>>
>>50474583
>why have these threads been going so fast?
People talking about and making builds for MHCYOA. And the endless back-and-forth complaining about the Culling and the people for and against it.
>>
>>50474554
Firm is a business term, and firms that are successful are profitable ones. Why twist the meaning?

A firm is not a human being. A firm that achieves some of its goals but fails financially is still a failed firm; a firm that succeeds financially is still considered a success even if none of its original goals are realized.
>>
>>50472535
Class: Hunter

Blessing: Wurm Soul (High)

Tempered (1)
Toughness (+1 D, 2)
Martial Arts (+1 S, 3)
Willpower (4)
Flurry (+1 A, 5)
Athletics (+1 A, 6)
Enhanced (+1 P, 7)
Shockwaves (+1 P, 8)
Iron Mass (+5*D, 11)
One With Nature (+1 D, 12)
Bloodlust (+1 P, 13)
Monster Within (14)
Killer Instinct (15)
Blunt Arms (+1 P, 16)
Ancient Weapon (+1 S, 17)
Stamina (18)
Charge Up (+1 S, 19)
Indominable (+1 P, 20)

P: 7
D: 4/9
A: 6
I: 1
S: 6

>>50472560
Terrain: Ancient Caves (4, 50), Underground Desert (4, 110)

>>50472595
Physiology: Wurm (5)
Forge (15)
Library (25)
Alchemy (35)
Market (45)
Healing (50)
Training (55)
Scavenging (60)
Diner (65)
Bar (70)
Hot Springs (75)
Club (80)
Bounty (85)
Underground (90)
Low Accommodation (110)

I'm an ambush predator. I hide deep under the earth, then when I spot something walking around above me, I burrow up from the depths, attack without mercy, and disappear without a trace. If that doesn't work, some charged shockwaves from under the earth should be useful in crushing my prey.
>>
File: Character.jpg (460KB, 1170x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Character.jpg
460KB, 1170x1920px
>>50472535
Class: Warrior
>Strength: 7
>Defense: 5
>Agility: 4
>Intelligence: 2
>Skill: 4
Blessing: +1 Skill point

Physical: +1 Defense, +1 Agility, +1 Strength
>Tier 1: Toughness, Tempered
>Tier 2: Willpower, Athletics
>Tier 3: Enhanced, Sixth Sense
Spiritual: +1 Strength, +1 Agility
>Tier 1: Bloodlust
>Tier 2: Monster Within, Soul Spirit
>Tier 3: Killer Instinct, Hybrid
>Tier 4: Siphon
Weaponry: +2 Skill
>Tier 1: Bladed Arms
>Tier 2: Ancient Weapon, Self-Repair
>Tier 3: Stamina
Ethereal: +1 Strength, +1 Defense, +1 Intelligence
>Tier 1: Indomitable, Recall
>Tier 2: Blessed

Terrain:
>Glacial w/ Ancient: +65 Guild Points
>Volcano w/ Ancient: +65 Guild Points

Persona:
>Beauty (5): Improved self
>Exempt (30)
Provisions:
>Forge (40)
>Alchemy (50)
>Market (60)
Services:
>Healing (65)
>Training (70)
>Scavenging (75)
Luxuries:
>Diner (80)
>Bar (85)
>Hot Spring (90)
Accommodation:
>Middle (120)

10 Tribute remaining.

Hunting big things, using a big sword. And Siphon.
>>
So for Monster Hunter, if you pick Private, do you just get an (relatively) small island sized dimension devoid of everything? Like, no trees, or bushes, just empty land? What's the point?
>>
>>50474442
>>50474517
Actually, you know what? Lemme do it anyway. If I can make the execution different enough it won't really matter.

This could take a while, but there you have it.
>>
File: FT 1.png (5MB, 1600x5030px) Image search: [Google]
FT 1.png
5MB, 1600x5030px
>>50474583
People continue arguing cyclically about what is and isn't good about a specific aspect of one CYOA, not realizing that they will not sway the other side in their beliefs. A majority of the discussion ends up relating to this. The past three, maybe four threads have been about this I think.

Also no one posts CYOAs.
>>
>>50474610
>Why twist the meaning?
Because how else am I going to get biological immortality (curing aging and other ailments) and shapeshifting (catgirl and other such bodymods) out of the CYOA?

Also something something bankruptcy if goals aren't met or whatever
>>
>>50474629
What makes you draw that conclusion? You just dont have any other hunters around when you go for your hunts, its the same environment as otherwise.
>>
>>50474598
Those regular office worker types aren't going to have to right mindset to survive as hunters, anon.
>>
File: FT 2.png (6MB, 1600x5030px) Image search: [Google]
FT 2.png
6MB, 1600x5030px
>>50474635
>>
>>50474629
>avoids competition on monsters

The implication is that there's still monsters, but you're playing offline from the main server
>>
>>50474595
But the fact remains that gangs don't just kill all newcomers because "they will be a threat". Once it's not all murder, all the time, you basically have a society, with all the trappings and pitfalls. Not an endless murder machine.

Whichever of the gangs in equilibrium stops killing everything that comes their way and start recruiting those that will improve their relative position, they start winning. The winners are the ones that value growth and the future over killing for killing's sake.
>>
>>50474535
Then you are doing it wrong
>>
>>50474608
thanks, I've just been skimming for content.
>>
>>50472944
For what it's worth, if I were to join your party during the culling, you would need to worry about rapists. For a good reason, it falls to decent people to protect not only themselves, the others they can. That means you and whoever you have joined.
>>
File: FT 3.png (3MB, 1600x3200px) Image search: [Google]
FT 3.png
3MB, 1600x3200px
>>50474663
>>
>>50474672
Those recruits are going to have to be murderrapists, anon. And people don't want to be those. That's the issue.
>>
>>50474658
Then why bother to argue that non-murderrapists would be killed by murderrapists, if you think they will be killed by the monsters first anyway?

Just say that you think only murderrapists can hack being a Monster Hunter, and we can laugh at you.
>>
>>50474508
But that's just it. You and I are living in the culling this very fucking instant. I could kill you if I really truly wanted to and there's very few things that could stop me.

But I don't, partially because there's no benefit to it and partially because of the large dick of the law keeping everyone's dark passions in check by balancing it with the social stigma of being a fucking murderer and the punishment.

If the culling were real it would only go on for as long as it takes a group of would be heroes to band together and brutally kill every murder rapist. After that maintaining order is just about explaining the "rules" to the newbies and making an example out of anyone who doesn't comply or having them banned from forming groups after the culling ends. THE worst case scenario would have several guilds forming and developing into something akin to a gang war where each side does their best to inflict casualties while minimizing their own. Cold war scenario would be much more likely.

The culling isn't stupid because it encourages murder rapists, it's stupid because it implies that it can even work out.
>>
File: 1480468046832.jpg (146KB, 1084x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1480468046832.jpg
146KB, 1084x1600px
>>50474469
>2 STR
>3 DEF
>2 AGL
>8 INT
>3 SKL

This is my torturer build. I plan to cheat other's out of their bounties by getting them to give me everything they earn through mind powers. I'm also going to hang out in the bounty hall and torture people for money. During the culling, I'll torture people into working for me and whoever my allies might be. I'm not that strong in combat, but I can just Siphon people's life forces while torturing them if I need to kill them

>>50474577
I understand your morals might not be exactly the same as mine, but I feel we might be able to use each other's services. Team up and I promise I won't use my methods of... Persuasion on you, that is if we work together to survive in the culling and the off seasons.
>>
>>50474658
Then what are you worried about? If the only way to survive is to be a murderrapist anyway, and the murderrapists don't kill their own, then you're never gonna get killed during the culling. You either won't survive until then, or you will be in the pack searching for the non-existent non-murderrapists.

How does it make you feel to know that even your dysfunctional fantasy dosen't function as you want it to?
>>
>>50474700
I'm not saying that only murderrapists have the right mindset, just that your average person does not.
>>
>>50474643
You only go bankrupt if you don't meet your financial goals, anon. Companies don't shut down if they're still flush, whether or not they achieve their stated goals.

>how else am I going to get biological immortality (curing aging and other ailments) and shapeshifting (catgirl and other such bodymods) out of the CYOA?
The old fashioned-way, I guess. Better hope that regular old human progress can achieve the first half within your lifetime.
>>
>>50474696
>Those recruits are going to have to be murderrapists
>They dont want to be
What sick fucking world are you imagining where people are forced to rape and murder? If they dont want to, they'd just not be ultra-aggressive during Culling, and focus more on a passive playstyle. Its not so fucking hard. There is literally no incentive to murderrape, beyond that its possible. There is social stigma, few if any wanting to team up with you if you need help after the culling and so forth.
>>
>>50474731
They'd have to if they want to join the gangs. If they don't join a gang, then they're fair game to kill.
>>
>>50474730
>Better hope that regular old human progress can achieve the first half within your lifetime.
No need to hope, my firm's success will guarantee it. Same for the latter.
>>
>>50474696
>Those recruits are going to have to be murderrapists, anon.
Literally, what? You must be high, man.
>>
File: 1480200748317.jpg (544KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480200748317.jpg
544KB, 1920x1200px
>>50472535
>Class
Noble; (1 STR 2 DEF 3 AGI 2 INT 4 SKL)
>Gift
3 Stat Points

>Physical
Tier 1: Martial Arts
Tier 2: Willpower, Flurry, Athletics
Tier 3: Enhanced, Sixth Sense
Tier 4: Overdrive

>Spiritual
Tier 1: Bloodlust
Tier 2: Monster Within (Behemoth)

>Weaponry
Tier 1: Bladed Arms
Tier 2: Ancient Weapon
Tier 3: Stamina

>Ethereal
Tier 1: Indomitable
Tier 2: Blessed, Premonition
Tier 3: -
Tier 4: Wings

>Stats
Strength 4 +1 Gift +5Overdrive)
Defense 3
Agility 5 +2 Gift +3(Wings) +5(Overdrive)
Intelligence 2
Skill 6

STR â– â– â– â– â– (â– â– â– â– â– )
DEF â– â– â– 
AGI â– â– â– â– â– â– â– (â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– )
INT â– â– 
SKI â– â– â– â– â– â– 

>Licenses
Deep Plains (25) + Deep Mountains (45)

Persona: Physiology (-5)
Provisions: Forge, Alchemy (-20)
Service: Healing, Training, Scavenging (-15)
Luxury: Diner, Hot Springs (-10)
Hangout: Underground (-5)
Accommodation: Inn (-10)
Leftover: 5

Offense: Use my Ancient Weapon sword and my mobility and Stamina to hit weak spots hard, fast and unrelenting. I can use a short Flurry+Overdrive for damage, and if needed I can use Overdrive longer. However I do rely on melee only.
Defense: I mostly rely on the evasiveness of my agility and Athletics, combined with Sixth Sense. Regeneration heals my wounds and Overdrive aftereffects while Bloodlust replendishes my blood. Premonition also helps with picking the right fights. Maybe a few potions can also help with this strategy.
Mobility: Super high agility, along with great Stamina, the ability to double jump with Enhanced and Wings allow me to dash all over the place. Athletics increase my flexibility and grace.
Magic: I am weak against magic but I hope I can deploy my defense strategy to it.
Perception: I am lacking in hunting and discovering traps. Hoping my Sixth Sense, Premonition and Wings can assist.
>>
>>50473798
>Why would someone take a bribe when they can just kill you and take all of it?

>Keeping cash on hand
>during the culling
>>
>>50474743
>They'd have to if they want to join the gangs.
Why? The only reason to take them in is to improve your own odds, no reason to force them to rape and what else if they are making you more powerful and more successful.
>>
>>50474758
>Implying anyone would trust you to pay them later.
>>
>>50474705
Until the god starts rewarding those who upset the society that protects the undeserving weak.

The pendulum will swing back and forth, never approaching either extreme, the lawful and the mad fighting each other with the strongest coming out on top until the god gets tired of the status quo and shakes things up again.

The Culling gets rid of not only the weak, but the stagnant strong
>>
>>50474712
>>50472944
Angel, I think your services would complement mine well, and I'm not a murderrapist, just a mindrapist.
>>
>>50474767
What do you think gangs do to each other, anon?
>>
>>50474531
Interesting. I didn't realize you considered the statless abilities that much stronger than the others. I do think you could add a couple of +Def boosts somewhere, though, and maybe a +Int Activated power. It's a lot harder to boost Def than anything else, and nobody has good Def unless they're taking Iron Mass.

I do have to disagree on those dangers, though. Ignoring the fact that I'd rather be underground than Molten, Sunken, or any of the other two-threat dangers, the point is that they're not built the way the Licenses themselves are. Each License is 15 points per skull, which I imagine is because you can only get two of them but three Bounties. But since the upgrades are 10 per skull, two four-skull difficulties can be 50, 55, or 60 depending on how you arrange it. I know they're approximate, but if the scale does mean anything, I'd make it line up.

Anyway, I just figured I'd weigh in on the changing bounties - it'd be a good answer to "how are you expected to fight Dragons in your first 80 days?" The answer is "You aren't, you just sleep in a tent until you've graduated from slimes." But I understand how you're handling it.
>>
>>50474705
>it's stupid because it implies that it can even work out
But you just described a scenario where people would be doing their best to inflict casualties to other factions while minimizing their own. What more do you want?
>>
>>50474577

Yeah, you could crash at my place. Pls just remember to clean up if there's a mess! I'd have to think about what I might be willing to give up for wings.
>>
>>50474712
>Team up and I promise I won't use my methods of... Persuasion on you
Sounds more like an ultimatum rather than an offer to me. And your sadistic love of torture is a little off-putting to me. Considering that you have basically no offensive skills that can injure or kill, and only Intangible for defensive purposes..

I think I'll immolate you instead.
>>
Why people assume that in the culling the number of sociopaths would outnumber the number of sociopaths killers?
Specially if you consider that in every turn some socipaths would also kill other socipaths.
>>
>>50474815
Because murderers are too smart to murder other murderers
>>
>>50474807
I do have a Strange little servant, who loves to help out. She'll keep clean for us! We can use your little hideout as a base of operations for forming a team of decent people for the Culling.
>>
>>50473798
>Why would someone take a bribe when they can just kill you and take all of it?
Because if the motivation is the stuff and not the killing, which is the whole point of that line of thinking, then just taking the stuff gets you more stuff, faster, with fewer losses.
>>
>>50474688

>you would need to worry about rapists

Hopefully you meant "wouldn't".....

>>50474786

Idk, can I trust you?
>>
>>50474810
Who said I have a love of torture? I don't do it for fun, I do it simply because I am a coward who is afraid to fight. And I promise you, it was an offer, nothing more. Like I said, I just think we could both use each others services.
>>
>>50474785
Why wouldn't god reward those who brutally murder murderers? there is literally no archetype more common than vengeful paladins who want to kill the shit out of criminals.

Maybe a really calculating murderer gets rewarded and kills a few paladins, even then that'll just get everyone else angrier and their dark passions will revolve around murdering the fuck out of murderers to get back their comfy society.

>>50474798
Mostly depends on which lines these guilds or gangs would be divided and form. It wouldn't make sense to say "Lol we're gonna break away because fuck this also gangwar now" There would need to be reasons for an ideological split. A single governing organism is much more likely to appear.
>>
>>50474850
I believe you can trust me, but that's up to you. I simply feel that I could elevate you to greater heights and you could bring me along with you.
>>
Doesn't the description of that hunter club say that factions aren't allowed? You can't form gangs.
>>
>>50474795
You do know that gangs suffer non-gang entities like shopkeepers to exist, because they contribute resources for the gang in return for protection, right? They don't actually force the shopkeeps to fight in the gangwars with them. Gang warfare is usually more about territory than just flat out hunting rivals no matter what.

That, and the idea of gangs forcing new recruits to rape rival gang members on a massive scale is hilarious.
>>
>>50474572

Thanks! Have a good night!

>>50474843

This is why the culling wouldn't be as bad as some people think. There will be lots decent hunters hanging together for Jolly Cooperation!

>>50474871

>I simply feel that I could elevate you to greater heights

*suspicion increases*
>>
>>50474705
"All hunters instead [of facing monsters] face each other in the ultimate survival"
Pretty sure god won't allow everyone to just ignore the culling by making government. After all, you're not allowed to simply not hunt monsters during other seasons.
>>
>>50474854
>Who said I have a love of torture?
Need money? Torture someone in the boty hall. Cant fight? Torture someone to fight for you. Cant get bounties? Torture someone for their bounties.

Hmmm..

>I just think we could both use each others services.
Your services being.. torture?
>>
>>50472535
Too many people picking Sorcerer, so I'm just gonna make an asshole that's too frustrating for people to fight in the culling.

>Noble
>1 Free Soul (Strange)
>Stats:
Strength: 1
Defence: 3
Agility: 8
Intelligence: 4
Skill: 5
>Physical Skills
Tempered, Willpower, Flurry, Athletics
>Magical Skills
Nah nigga
>Spiritual Skills
Poisons, One with Nature, Monster Within, Binding, Fleet Footed, Killer Instinct, Hybrid, Soul Spirit
>Weaponry Skills
Marksmanship, Ancient weapon (Recurve Bow), Stamina, All-Seeing Eye, Enchantment
>Etherial Skills
Pocketing, Premonition, Recall

>Licenses
Forest(Underground) + Ruins(Underground)
All-Seeing Eye + Premonition + Killer Instincts = Not hard to see if someone/thing is about.

75 Tribute Points
>Alchemy (10)
>Market (10)
>Scavenging (5)
>Diner (5)
>Club (5)
>Middle accommodation (30)
10 Points left over

Time for some trapbuilding!
I'd probably do pretty poorly in a fair fight, so I plan on never having one. I will leave poisoned berries/animals/etc in the path of whatever I'm hunting, wear it down with Ooze-acid traps and Spider silk nets. Then once it's sufficiently worn down, I'll simply finish it off with an explosive arrow, or maybe just a larger trap, I don't want to get mess everywhere after all.
I would be able to track creatures, but my strength lies in trapping an entire section of land to claim as my territory.
Have you seen the thread about that /k/ommando that went hunting with napalm rounds? Imagine that, but strapped to every tree in a 1/4 mile radius.
Planning on picking up Ooze and Spider souls in addition to my Strange to help material production. Other stuff can be scavenged/bought at the market.
>>
>>50474922
What if my dark passions have to do with bureaucracy and handling paper work?
>>
>>50474906
I promise you, I find your assumptions about me as deplorable as you do. I don't LIKE to torture. In all honesty, I am just a coward, too scared to fight on my own, so I turn to more cowardly methods.
>>50474938
Well, yes. And your services being offensive magic. If you ever needed info, or you needed someone to give up a password, or you needed an item someone stole, I could get for you.
>>
>>50474900
Hunters don't serve as shopkeepers. The native entities placed there by the god do.
>>
>>50474922
Each hunter is worth an amount of points equal to their points before they bought anything.
You still have a quota to fill.
>>
>>50474855
>Why wouldn't god reward those who brutally murder murderers?
Because a god might have something specific in mind, and would be free to reward or not depending on their own interpretation. If they want that sweet spot? There are a set of inputs that will maintain that.

Real life shows that ideological differences aren't hard to come by; monolithic unity is much rarer. Gang A just wants to get rich; gang B loves killing for it's own sake; gang C loves raping more than killing; and most people don't sweat the small stuff (like forcing every single member to rape and kill as a matter of type) and are just glad there's one more warm body between you and your enemies. Besides, good holding an easy eternal victory over evil just isn't the state of things in the rl Culling we all live in. The main conceit of the CYOA is that the conflict is kept explicit and brutal, instead of evolving into comparatively nonviolent trade wars, political wars, culture wars, people fight with lightning and dragons and ancient weapons.

tl;dr Author decides God decides the setting. Real life hints that 100% rapedeath and 100% law and order are unlikely equilibria for a society to achieve in a permanent sense, and that the likelihood is a swinging pendulum traversing the battle for the excluded middle (as someone has mentioned before me).
>>
>>50474922
Government doesn't stop things like murder or war. It just makes sure that it happens at the sanctioned times, in this case the first month of Prevernal.
>>
>>50474648

This is always done in CYOAs. If it isn't clearly explained how something works you figure it out yourself.
>>
>>50475009
A shopkeeper in this context is just someone that gives you shit to help you win against your enemies in return for nonagression, but doesn't fight themselves. No reason a Monster Hunter can't do this, and no reason a gang wouldn't accept the income stream and one less vector to guard from attack.
>>
>>50475079
Literally doesnt imply anything in that direction. Its really not even that vague. "A private island avoids competition but prevents teamwork too". Somehow you got that to mean desolate and barren with no bushes or anything, despite the fact that you can customize the terrain yourself. Because OBVIOUSLY, if you pick Forest+Private you end up with a desert.
>>
>>50475037
This post is golden
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 233x216px
>>50474712
My servant takes the form of pic related. She gives me advice and info on the strange creatures I hunt, and also on the powers that their souls grant me.
>>
>>50473869
Mein gott this is the most comfy CYOA I've ever read. I cried tears of stress relief imagining it.
>>
>that feel when you take exempt because none of the other shit is even remotely attractive

What am I supposed to spend all these points on?
>>
>>50475204
anything but exempt.
>>
>>50475204
Shops and services so you can actually survive hunting.
>>
>>50475037
>and most people don't sweat the small stuff (like forcing every single member to rape and kill as a matter of type) and are just glad there's one more warm body between you and your enemies.

>TFW you get arrested because you raped then murdered someone but you were a member of the murder then rape gang and the punishment for doing so is rape
>>
>>50475204
Monstergirl waifus
>>
>>50475204
How do you have money? Don't you know that you'll get killed instantly if you take anything more risky than slimes or plains?
>>
>>50475234

Boring.

>>50475237

Also boring. That said, it seems like accessing even the most basic of services is a hassle which doesn't help things.
>>
>>50472535

The skills really need shit like duration and cooldown time added to them.
>>
>>50475270
What bounties or licenses are you taking?
If we knew how many points you had, it might help us reccommend better stuff.
>>
>it's a "author uses a font he thinks is 'fancy' like percolator expert or magicmedieval" episode
One step above comic sans, lads.
>>
>>50472535
>>50472560
>>50472595
Noble

Power: 1
Defense: 6
Speed: 5
Intelligence: 3
Skill: 6

Blessing: Strange Soul (High)

Skills:
1: Toughness
2: Athletics
3: Sixth Sense
4: One With Nature
5: Poisons
6: Monster Within
7: Binding
8: Fleet-Footed
9-11: Siphon
12: Marksmanship
13: Ancient Weapon (Crossbow)
14: Indomitable
15: Pocketing
16: Telepathy
17: Healing
18-20: Psionic

Locations: Ancient Ruins, Deep Desert (105)

Forge (90)
Library (80)
Alchemy (70)
Market (60)
Healing (55)
Training (50)
Scavenging (45)
Diner (40)
Bar (35)
Hot Springs (30)
Club (25)
Bounty (20)
Low Accommodation (0)

I'm going a similar route as >>50474970 - annoy the fuck out of people, wear them down, and then finish them off. My primary combination is Monster Within and Psychic - with my Soul, I create all manner of illusions that'll keep my prey busy while I wear away at their brains. Of course, that's not all I do - I lead them into traps, pepper them with poisoned arrows, and keep Siphoning them until they finally give up the ghost.

Of course, this kind of build works a lot better with friends, both during the Culling and ordinary monster hunting. Some actual damage would be nice, as opposed to just whatever I get out of my poisoned crossbow and traps. Not to mention that while I don't have anything to fear from Nullification, I have at least some weakness to fellow Indomitables.

Aside from helping to keep the heat off of you and onto my illusions, I offer a variety of useful benefits, including healing, telepathic communications, all the poison you can use, and storage space. I'm not terribly interested in seeking out people to murder-rape them, unless they tried to murder-rape us first, then all bets are off.
>>
>>50475289

The shit that gives me the most points? Can't say I care for the difficulty more than the rewards, but it sounds like the rewards aren't worth it.
>>
File: 1479285415251.gif (80KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1479285415251.gif
80KB, 350x263px
>>50475300
>>
>>50472701

pac·i·fism
ˈpasəˌfizəm/
noun
noun: pacifism

the belief that any violence, including war, is unjustifiable under any circumstances, and that all disputes should be settled by peaceful means.
>>
>>50475270
>Boring
Survival is boring?
>>
>>50473266
but soulspirit is a thing anon
>>
>>50475308
So you're hunting Dragons, Stranges, and either Wurms or Krakens?
Nigga, you gonna die.
They're set up to be endgame fucker-uppers, you can't skip 99 levels of grinding and expect to beat the last boss easily.
You have to hit your quota every season or you lose the shit you're meant to buy. The biggest monsters on the list are the one's you are meant to go after once you've established a power base, honed your skills, and improved your gear.
As it stands, you're most likely just gonna get killed or fail to meet your quota, not have enough to pay for better equipment, and ultimately just flunk out.
>>
>>50475270
Your ass seems preciously ripe for the culling.
>>
>>50475361
Didn't you read what Bliss wrote? You can't start low and work your way up - what you pick is what you get.
>>
>>50472944
Just imagine being an experienced hunter and seeing this cow-titted, redhead newbie strolling into town. She seems to be teasing you with how she nearly jiggles out of her top with every movement, as she wonders around naively trying to find her bearings and meet new people. And you know she's only got a couple seasons to learn the ropes before the Culling. Sure she knows a few fancy spells, but she'll have had little training and experience by then. The only questions are: Do you take her in your human, or beastial form? And do you bring friends?
>>
>>50475383
I meant that you should have at least one low level creature that you can take on from the start, to make sure you meet your quota.
>>
>>50475383
Reputation and experience are aspects that can always be worked on, and is what I really believe is the key to not being shit at the CYOA.

Except, many anons seem too afraid of doing work to get better or socialize to get people to like you.
>>
>>50475400
I'm not a parody of a person so I engage her in conversation and either move on with my life or obtain a new comrade to go hunting with.
>>
>>50473924

>Ancient weapons are personal and only answer to its master. It's literally useless in anyone else's hand, cannot hurt its master and will find a way back if ever lost

Where would it go if its master is dead though?
>>
>>50473537
>Take Y-you Too... level of social retardation
>Take Confident perk
>"Enjoy your food."
>"YOU TOO!"
>*to self* Nailed it
>>
>>50475400
Neither, rape is wrong, and assuming she takes my offer of teamwork, I would actively stop you.
>>
Shit. I've been spending too long arguing over the monster Bliss's CYOA when I should have been working on finishing mine.
>>
File: Anon being a scaly.png (345KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Anon being a scaly.png
345KB, 480x640px
Class - Warrior
STR - ********
DEF - ***
AGI - *****
INT - **
SKL - ***

Blessing, Monster Soul - Dragon

Physical
Tier 1
Tempered, Toughness, Martial Arts
Tier 2
Willpower, Athletics
Tier 3
Enhanced, Sixth Sense, Shockwaves

Magical
Tier 1
Fire
Tier 2
Arcane
Tier 3
Blink

Spiritual
Tier 1
Bloodlust, Poisons

Weaponry
Tier 1
Blunt Arms
Tier 2
Ancient Weapon
Tier 3
Stamina, All-Seeing Eye
Tier 4
Skull Weaponry

Bounties
Arachne
Basilisk
Fox

Persona
Exempt
Physiology

Resources
Healing
Scavenging
Inn
Training

Dragon passive, being fast along with bloodlust and all-seeing eye should help keep me alive against my hunts. Having a decent amount of strength with an ancient skull weapon should provide enough punch for me to take down my bounties. I am also a fag because I want to be a cute dragon girl while I punch things.

4chan and/or Bliss, rate my build.
>>
Is there anything preventing people from killing other people not during the culling?
>>
>>50475422
Of course you keep the hunt going in the mean time. But this sort of thing is the exact reason the Culling exists.

>>50475454
The Culling is explicitly to give hunters the chance to work out their darker urges.
>>
File: 1472540630881.jpg (690KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1472540630881.jpg
690KB, 2560x1600px
>>50473869
Entrance
>The Coin
Outdoors
>Mountain
Outdoor Add-Ons
>Hot Spring
>Gas Lamp
>Fog
>Predictable Weather - Snow
>Set Time
Indoors
>Living Room - 2,3,4
>Kitchen - 1,3,5
>Bedroom - 2,3,5
>Bathroom - 1,2,4
>Bar - 1,3,4
>Home Gym - 2,3,4
>>
>>50475482
And if you aren't a faggot, you'll join me in killing people like you.
>>
>>50475482
That doesn't mean we can't stop you
>>
>>50475472
Why are you going full Gish without taking Enchanting? Drop Poisons (blunt weapons + poisons? Really?) and take it.

Also, man you went easy on the Resources. How are you going to buy shit, learn shit, or upgrade shit?
>>
>>50475482
Well, I'm not a good person, and I hate to be thought of as one, but I do understand basic social interaction and consequences, so while I'd like to say that whatever happens isn't my business, I'd be forced to kill people going around hunting for shits and giggles, whether they were attacking me or somebody else. That sort of active defense is enough for me, and other people wouldn't want to do even that much, even though they'd be more interested in helping others.
>>
>>50475482
You know, I think the CYOA would be vastly improved if Bliss would change that one line. I'm okay with the culling, but that bit about the darker urges has been used to justify shitty deeds and shittier arguments
>>
Reminder that Noble is the worst background in Monster Hunter.
>>
>>50475510
Dude, you know that Bliss outright SAYS that he wants all this murder and rape?
>>
>>50475524
I dunno, >>50474970 and >>50475301 came up with some good ways to use it.
>>
>>50475532
No, he says to act out on your darker urges. For most normal people that would mean to kill the person who wronged you, or kill the guy who stole your woman. It's your own fault if it means murder and rape for the heck of it.
>>
>>50475551
The other anon meant that Bliss outright said it in a post.
>>
>>50475501
>>50475507
The White Knight presence is strong here.

>>50475500
You know this Angel you're defending, right?
>>
How does monster within work? What's meant by "aspect" here? Is it activated? How long does it last if so?
>>
I love how everybody just the ignores the bomb guy's build and carry on as if he doesn't even exist.

I guess he won the Culling.
>>
>>50473115
Replacing Catalysts with Martial Arts.
>>
>>50475597
yeah, so? rape is wrong.
>>
>>50475597
And?
>>
>>50475618
I don't think I've seen bomb guy's build? People have talked about it a lot lately, though.
>>
Btw, why don't all the anti-Culling that have bought Exempt form a faction, and propose to the newbie non-«murderapy» protection by inviting them to stay to a location with them ?

They use their numbers to convince that maybe it's not the brightest idea to fuck with them ? I mean they also have the advantage over the place if it place at their home(and Culler wouldn't have the right to attack the structure since well... It belong to exempts. Or demolish it because it could bring harm to the exempt, or poison food, or gas the house or some other shit.)

They barricade the entry, close the windows, keep the food inside and tell to newbie to hole up in a place.

Unless Exempt put those that brought it one season forward. If that's the case....Well shit for the newbie. Or that the fact that helping newbie may count as joining the culling. And in that case... Well shit for the Exempt and the Newbie.
>>
>>50475618

What a strange game.
>>
>>50475549
The problem is mainly that is by far the worst stat.
>>
>>50475638
Cullers literally aren't allowed to fuck with them.
>>
>>50475628

If it's so wrong why does it feel so right?
>>
>>50475655
Looks like someone doesn't know how to read. :^)
>>
>>50475618
Well what can you do? Kill him? He'll just leave behind more mines. The vultures won't even be able to touch his corpse.

>>50475655
It's obviously a plural 'faggots' with all the people in here. You illiterate cock-gobbler.
>>
>>50475632
I thought you and her had some kind of beef between you.
>>
>>50475648
Which stat is by far the worst? Skill? It really isnt bad, atleast not by any considerable margin. It improves everything. Casting time, how well you use your weapons and so forth. I made sure to have quite a bit of SKL to cast my shit better and faster.>>50474224
>>
File: 1470659820721.jpg (1MB, 1920x2577px) Image search: [Google]
1470659820721.jpg
1MB, 1920x2577px
>>50472535
>Hunter
Str6
Def4
Agi7
Int5
Skl5
Statpoint blessing.

Poisons, Soul Spirit, Bloodlust, Binding, Killer Instincts, Marksmanship, Self-Repair, Blunt Arms, Bladed Arms, Recall, Pocketing, Indomitable, Blessed, One with Nature, Catalysts

License: Sunken Mountains (Always Raining from the snows and ice coming up off the Glacial territory contrasting with the thermals rising off the Volcanic winds from the north.) and Ancient Desert. Lethality4/reward50 and Lethality5/reward65 respectively.

115 to spend or save.
Physiology -5, let's get something a little more advantageous.
Gender -5, why not.
Library -10. Knowledge is preparation.
Alchemy -10, going to make good use of those Spirit points.
Market -10, waste not want not.
Training -10, learn from the elders.
Scavenging -5, Ancient desert critters get big.
Club -5, being a loner by habit is alright, but a few friends are important.
Bounty -5 oh look it's my goddamn job.
Underground -5, if you need to know a city, talk to the rats.
Inn accommodations -10, I don't need much while I'm in town.
Exempt -25. I can deal with some PvP but there's clearly some folks around here I'd rather not deal with. I'll just be holed up with a trapped up deathscape while the murderous rampage abounds.
>>
>>50475510
Yeah, that's pretty much my thought. Cooperation is a biological advantage of our (and other) species. With the normal pressures of survival most people end up strengthening each other in direct and indirect complex ways; being part of a society is a strong advantage even if you're a super cool loner with a sweet trench coat. Of course there are also people that prey on the society. This is a natural outcome but those people are naturally kept in check by the fact if they destabilize the society they lose everything as well and become just as powerless as their previous victims and they certainly don't want that. So we end up in a system with some people working on their own for their own benefit, most people working with other people, and some people taking advantage of others. Both the system as a whole and almost every individual in the system is stronger than every man for themselves. It's everything a god of the hunt should want.

But, adding in "rewards for darker urges" imbalances the whole system. People are given an advantage for acting in previously counterproductive ways leading to them destabilizing the system and still profiting off of that. Not only does that increase the number murderrapers (for lack of a better term) and weaken everyone else directly it also completely destroys trust. I think Bliss underestimates the effect that line has on some of the solutions he sees as feasible to the culling. Should I risk myself trying to help this lonely person? They have very good reason to take advantage of my generosity and kill me. Should I trust this person offering me help? I could use their assistance but it's very likely the short term benefits of killing me outweigh the long term benefits of strengthening the society by strengthening me.

(cont.)
>>
>>50475703
Not really, I just like to pick on her.

As for people like this >>50475482

I'm genuinely convinced they're autistic and are worried about the culling for the wrong ideas.

Generally, they don't understand that the first person to be lynched is the person nobody likes. Right now, he's acting like that guy.
>>
>>50475787

Of course, this distrust would (and should!) exist in our parallel culling but to a lesser extent and it would manifest in the same way we expect in every other high-risk situation. I dunno, I get that the hunt god is trying to emphasize personal strength over all other forms but that just seems unnatural and unscientific, at least to the extent that it's prioritized by the current wording. Obviously you need strong specimens, but you also want strong communities. That's not even a uniquely human thing, wolves are the obvious other example. Basically if teamwork is to be expected for the rest of the year (it seems to be) and if Bliss wants teamwork to happen during the culling (it sounded like that's what he wants) then I think there could be some further clarification on this point.

Again, I'm in favor of the culling and my build participates in it in its current form. I just think its intent is a bit flawed. But either way far too much ink has been spilled over this already and yet here I am adding more mixed metaphors to the fire.
>>
>>50472560

>glacial + molten

I'd love to see how that would look
>>
>>50475689
>Well what can you do? Kill him?
Yes? Someone who has wings doesnt need to get anywhere close to him. And if I spot him fiddling with his toys, I can just lightning strike that bomb and make it go up in his face.
>>
>>50474635
School: Mirelia (1)

Changes:
>Brainiac (6)

Core Subjects:
>Math
>Biology (1)
>Arts (1)

Clubs:
>Book Club

Bonuses:
>Educated (6)
>Final Say (6)
>Blackmail (4)
>Innocence (2)

Dorms
>Quiet (3)

Challenges:
>Cheeky (-1)

Students:
>Niko (free point)
>Patricia (1)

Stats:
Halo: 1+2 =3
Success: 3+3+2 =8
Deviant: -1 +1+1+1+1 =3

I'd feel bad if I weren't actually a good teacher. With an 8 in Success the girls will be getting their money's worth in education. The all-girl's school, quiet girls dorm and two shy, smart students reflect both a concession to the relatively lower Halo and Deviant scores and my personal preferences for girls who are bookish and submissive.
>>
>>50475792

Ah, isn't mob rule great?
>>
>>50475807
He took all-seeing eye, killer instinct and detect magic, as well as ancient weapon + skull weaponry just so he use a legendary sniper rifle.

He'll see you before you can see him.
>>
>>50475706
All it does is give you weapons, no actual powers.
>>
>>50475844

They're stats, not skills. Being strong isn't a power.
>>
>>50475824
That's exactly what it will devolve into, and I rarely see it as an argument against the culling.

See, I wouldn't want this shit in real life. I think it'd be horrible, but as this is a CYOA, I'd be down for the roleplaying potential the culling provides. It gives a unique atmosphere that too many of you are afraid of touching because you're deluded into thinking that CYOAs should all be happiness and rainbows.
>>
>>50472701
You're a bit of a glass cannon, which is a bad, bad idea when you have NO sensory skills. I also don't know if your self-repair is going to work the way you think it will.

>>50472944
You're taking a big risk relying so much on magic. Nullify will shut you down completely, and Dragons explicitly have high resistances. Bliss already gave you feedback, though, so I won't go into detail.

>>50473115
Same criticism as Angel. You don't have a plan for anti-magic, and I'd be careful trying to out-magic Strange monsters. Indomitable will help against their illusions, but they're absolutely going to have other magic.

>>50473441
Very little synergy. Enchanting would tie the whole thing together, pocketing would help a lot with poisons, and charge up would be fantastic for unleash. Drop something you don't need and add something to make yourself work.

>>50474224
Interesting thoughts on combos. Not sure how well you'll be able to deal with ambushes, though - you only have one sensory power, and it's not the best. Not to mention if they're in range of you, you might be in range of them. Melee builds can jump high.

>>50474469
Looks like a giant pain in the ass. You don't have much if your enemies have Indomitable, though. You might want to remove Incarnation and add some combat skills.

>>50474616
What are you doing with Iron Mass? If you're an ambush predator, go for Overdrive. You might need some method of healing, though. Maybe drop Stamina for Pocketing?

>>50474627
Basic but fun. I was going to say you didn't seem to have any ranged capabilities, but Enhanced, Athletics, and Stamina is exactly what I was warning >>50474224 about.

>>50474754
An excellent build, although you're lacking in healing. That's a serious issue with Overdrive. Behemoth helps, but you'll get anemic quickly. Maybe you should handle something tougher than 2 and 3 difficulties, though?

>>50474970
Annoying indeed. What are you doing with Enchantment, though? It doesn't help you.
>>
>>50475834
For one a sniper rifle in a setting with bow and arrows is pretty damn meh. Anyone could fluff themselves into riding a tank or some shit. And mines are pretty susceptible to outside influence. Fireballs galore.
>>
>>50475697
It's pretty nice, but I think you'd have some issues with higher level monsters. I think your best bet is to stay out of the way and loot anybody who gets lost in your deathtrap. I figure if people keep blowing up, you'll end up facing some really unpleasant combo, which is probably something of a compliment. My first thought was actually somebody specialized in the Spiritual tree splitting into multiple people, flushing through your traps as a regenerating, resilient monster, and then ambushing you with the other body when you try to flee. You'd have to tangle with one of them.
>>
hope to fucking god we stop talking about monster hunter like we have almost solely for the past 5 threads
>>
>>50472023
Anyone catch the part where Bliss said Iron Mass and Nullification fulfill basically identical functions and are very comparable in power/scope? That seemed...very strange with my understanding of Null and wildly out of step with the Null definition that we've been using as a community (and that Bliss himself has used on occasion). Nullification is generally used as a Offense/Defense/Anti-Utility move that prevents enemy magic from directly attacking you, detecting you, defending against you, or running away from you. Iron Mass is almost purely defensive. You could maybe argue that it makes your blows hurt more, but that isn't really represented mechanically.

So for Bliss to suggest the two are equals, that one trivializes physical attacks just as the other trivializes magical, suggests a massive misunderstanding. Hopefully on our end.

I bring this up because I think 99% of the Culling debate is actually a misguided debate that's actually about Nullification's balance. Nullification, imo, is what provides incentives to the murdergangs and screws over non-Mad-Maxers so hard. So if that ability is something different from what we're using it as, that would change everything. And while we're at it, anyone have a sense of the exact limits of that skill? Are we talking a duration of minutes with high CD? Seconds with low CD? It does work against Telepathy, right? It dispels Light/Dark magic (e.g. Wings) just as easily as it does Arcane magic, right? Because that stuff matters. A lot.
>>
File: 1461992277559.jpg (102KB, 904x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1461992277559.jpg
102KB, 904x1320px
>>50475750
Alchemy and Poisons are going to be my main shtick; even if I don't deal a lot of direct damage to my quarry I can still drag them down one dose at a time until they're meek and starving. Bloodlust and Self-repair make sustaining myself and my kit through the hunt pretty easy as long as I've planned well, and hope One with nature helps kick in some survival options or else hit the library for safe edibles out and about.

Soul Spirit for some kind of flying mount critter to get around the mountain and to stay off the ground in the desert where the more dangerous critters can feel your footsteps through the sand. Avoid direct engagements, plink with poisoned arrows, fly by night if necessary.

The really complicated bits will be for highly mobile hunts and how to bait them into binding traps and poison traps to take them down, but I need to do Something risky for this to matter and luring big monsters in seems like a fair trade for an avoidance-based skill suite.

Once the target's been drugged, dragged, and worn down, I've got strength and agility enough with a weapon for every scenario via Marksmanship, Blunt Arms and Bladed Arms and using Pocketing to make sure I have plenty of renditions of each for whatever kind of enemy I face. Blessed and One With Nature should also help stave off problems from AOE corruption of any sort.

I don't expect I'll see out teamwork, but I could see this strategy working well with any other patient hunters out there, and I do have that club dealy and the bounty boards to co-op braise the sun in the deserts.
>>
>>50475909
This is where all-seeing eye, detect magic and killer instinct comes in handy.

He'll know where the real hunter is at all times because the real hunter has blood flowing through his or her veins and the clones don't.

And if you read his build his plan for close quarter engagements is to throw a bomb in face while tunneling away to live another day.
>>
>>50475301
You're like an improved version of >>50474469 - I like it. But you might be a little dumb to get the best use out of those illusions, since they are technically magic. You've also identified your obvious weakness, so try to fill it.

>>50475472
Not sure what you're doing with that magic or poison - I guess if you want some range the magic is fine, but it's not terribly useful work your 2 int. Maybe see if you can get Charge Up as well?

>>50475750
I'm not sure what you're going for - you don't really have much of a theme. I certainly don't see any reason why you're using three different types of weaponry, and I think you're missing some skill points.

I think that's feedback on everyone. Enjoy your (you)s!
>>
>>50475978
Whoops, wrong Bliss link on Iron Mass vs Nullification. Hopefully this is it.
>>50471728
>>
>>50475856
But that's the thing, each of the stats has a tree it works best with. All skill has is weapons.
>>
>>50476058
No, it works with magic aswell. Casting speed and such.
>>
File: IMG_2017k.jpg (688KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2017k.jpg
688KB, 1000x708px
>>50475804
>glacial + molten

Arctic volcanic activity anon.
>>
>>50475861
Or we just have realistic risk assessment.
>>
>>50476066
But it doesn't actually make you any good at using magic.
>>
>>50475992
>the real hunter has blood [...] clones don't
That's an assumption, I think.
>he'll know where the real hunter is
Useless, all clones can kill him.
>throw a bomb and run
Right, and that'll buy him a moment from a pursuer, but this guy is multiple pursuers. Throwing bombs won't help if they get to surrounding him.
>>
>>50475907
Its a direct rule from bliss, you have to have ancient weapon + skull weaponry in order to have access to a gun.

And yes mines are susceptible to outside influences but what make his mines more resilient and hard to detect than magical traps is that, nullify and detect magic doesn't work on them, you literally have to play mine sweeper with sixth sense/premonition in order to figure out where they are hidden. Sixth sense requires you to be close to them and premonition is unreliable you have to spam that skill repeatedly, wasting your mana in the process. If you start blasting large areas with your magic, he'll detect you and just pack up his stuff, run away and redeploy at a different location.
>>
>>50476093
No, that's explicitly what Skill does. Makes you better at using what you have. That's why it helps you move around and shape spells.
>>
>>50475881
Woah, fuck. I forgot I had left Enchantment in there.
Uh, can I fluff it as being able to infuse shit with monster essence?
If not, I'll swap it out for Indomitable.
>>
>>50476093
I don't know, I'd argue that using magic faster and more accurately for critical strikes is using it better. There's a reason I take Marksmanship on my Sorcerer build.
>>
>>50476058
But the Skill stat affects your skill with all attacks, as well as your speed of actions. Agility is explicitly just movement speed and evasion.
>>
>>>50475301
The magic was mainly to get towards Blink to help close in.

>>50475504
I took poison for the resistances since one of my bounties is a Basilisk.
>>
>>50475972
In all likelihood, this nonsense will continue under either Traveler is updated or Order is finished. Whichever comes first.

It would be nice, though.
>>
>>50476094
Isn't he running Wurm? Chasing a guy on foot is one thing, but chasing a minefield-spamming bunker-building Wurm tunneling survivalist seems like a completely different kind of pursuit. Honestly, his bomb-throwing is what I'd be least scared of in that scenario.
>>
>>50472535

>spine weaponry

How fast does it extend?

>ancient will
>unleash it

What's this mean?
>>
>>50476143
Oh. Well, maybe take something besides Basilisk? Seriously, it's not doing you any good for the rest of your build.
>>
im taking private for 10 points from now on
but im pretending it just means noone else from /tg/ instead of no people
maybe i can have fun then instead of 400 sperglords crying at the diner they had to pay for exempt and thaT slimes are mean
>>
>>50476172
Perhaps Behemoth? Switch Basilisk to Behemoth, drop poisoning and pick up enchanting?
>>
>>50476106
> ancient weapon + skull weaponry = gun
okay thats gay.

And I'm definitely going to blast large areas, and team up with others who are interested in hunting the minelaying coward down.
>>
>>50476216
He's a tunneler. Good luck with that.
>>
>>50476113
It's only supposed to be good for precision, and the skill tree it's for is just shitty weapons.
>>
>>50476180
Best build I've heard all night.
>>
>>50476139
Speed of actions won't mean much unless you're strong/fast enough, though.
>>
>>50476094
In his build, he plans dig a trench and tunnel network and place explosives all over that entire network, if you pursue him through his tunnel network, all he has to do is run to a emergency safety escape tunnel and cave the entire network down with all of the pursuers inside with explosives.

>inbh but there will be a dude waiting to gank him at the end of the tunnel! GG no re!
>>
>>50476180
Chill, dude. Most of us are sick of the bitching too. We just want to talk about our builds and shit.

>>50476191
That'd be my thought. Behemoths sound more fun to fight anyway.

>>50476216
Agreed. Bliss also really needs to put that shit in the CYOA if he's going to make that a rule, too.
>>
>>50476260
inb4 different laws of chemistry
>>
>>50475618
bomb guy ignored the culling and won convergence
he is the true champion
>>
>>50476235
But we've been explicitly told, by the author iirc, it's good for more than that. Not to mention that several parts of the skill tree explicitly aren't weapons--some even deal with magic in their skill descriptions. So...
>>50476246
And strength of actions means nothing if you can't get a single spell off. I'm not arguing that Skill/Cast Speed can replace Spellpower. But it certainly seems to synergize with it and I'm pretty sure you can't really neglect either as a combat caster.
>>
>>50476260
I put good odds on >>50474616 being the one to take him down if he listens to the "ambush predator" advice and swaps out Iron Mass for Overdrive.
>>
>>50476216
Yeah, but the bows and swords and shit are magical and made from powerful monsters, so they fire lasers and shit. A sniper rifle is just another weapon. Especially if people are plausibly fast or strong enough to block bullets.

>>50476260
I forgot about the tunneling. In that case, he's burned up resources and lived to survive another day. Assuming he's got the time to build out another tunnel before he gets in another fight, as you alluded to, of course.
>>
>>50476246
On the contrary. Death of a thousand cuts kills a lot better than death of a single cut that you can't fucking hit with.
>>
>>50476260
anyone with the water magic is going to fuck him up
>>
>>50476295
Bomb guy's build revolves around avoiding conflict and hiding as much as possible, I don't picture him being more than two huge fights with murder rapist gangs, because its almost impossible to catch the dude off guard with his crazy situational awareness.
>>
>>50476341
Anyone with water magic is probably to fuck off into a large body of water to avoid getting killed off by other hunters.
>>
>>50476342
Yeah, it wasn't too likely, but it was worth noting the possibility. My point was only that while it is a nice survival build, it's still got to compete with superheroes on Giant Monster Island, and that's not going to make an end-all-be-all king of fighters.
>>
Sorcerer: Bonus +1 Skill
Strenght 3 [8]
Skill 4
Agility 5 [10]
Defense 4
Intelligence 6

Point: 0

Magic

Catalyst
Arcane
Detect magic
Time warp
Gravity warp

Spiritual

One with nature: +1 Def
Monster Within (Behemoth)

Ethereal

Indomitable

Weaponry
Blunt Arms+1 Strenght
Ancient Weapon Quaterstaff
All Seeing eye

Physical
Toughness:
Will power
Sixth Sense
Overdrive

Hydra+Behemoth+Strange: 110 favors

Forge/Library/Alchemy/Market: 70 favors
Training/Healing/Fortune/Scavenging: 50 favors
Club: 45 favors
Low Accommodation: 25 favors
And for the sake of not ignoring a big point of the Cyoa :
Servant(Strange) + Attitude & knowledge: 0 favors

PVE: Well, first training with the veteran and studying the monsters that I will hunt. I will farm the hydra for the quota, and if anything goes horribly bad...Overdrive my ass outta here. It will give me good real experience. Then come the complicated part. Killing one of the Strange monster. Probably work with a Team, get one killing blow to absorb the essence.

Get myself some light-medium armor to up my durability with enchantement thanks to the provision, two dagger to cut, some potion and poison for the daggers.

The fun part, come. I will goes buy jar, cut myself to put my blood in with random food, use a stop time spell/or set ratio:time to 0:1 on it, goes get healed by the white mage,repeat until I've around six hundred jar. Then I will spend time going into my hunting zone, and hide them. (Marking on a map they're location of course). Some by illusion magic, where the Strange live so nothing too...weird in the landscape to find magic. Other in improbable place, hidden without magic.

And before the Culling start, I get myself a sweet Behemoth Soul and prepare myself by going to my hunting place. I have food and healing item.
>>
>>504476372
Because not enough place.

PVP: Well I think that surprising me will not be easy but doable(Sadly no hunter instinct...) and neither keeping me in range for nullifying. And I think that I could use overdrive for a very small period of time without too much damage or passing out. Then it depend. Multiple murder hobo ? I flee by speeding myself up and lowering my gravity.

But if the fucker who attacked me is alone and can't catch me before his nullification is up... Free-kill with the time stop. I use my poisonned dagger to destroy his eyes and then hit his head with the quaterstaff, overdriving myself for the hit and augmenting the weight behind the strike thanks to gravity magic. And loot ?

Any idea how to improve the build?
>>
>>50476294
Really? He doesn't have Sixth Sense, right? I'm pretty sure anyone without Sixth Sense going against three-dimensional minesweeper man is flat-out dead, no questions asked. Assuming he can even find the bunker, which basically comes down to Killer Instinct's range.

Pretty sure if you want to go after the guy, you need a full Strip-Mining/Frakking team or do something really, really clever with the terrain--all this with a Sixth-Sense Wurm pursuit team to catch on if he pulls a runner and then follow. Plus he has Recall and probably a captive weak monster or two for teleportation purposes, so you'd have to displace him, make him use his panic button instead of burrowing away, and then catch him as he sets up a new spot.

All that seems so just...not worth, which is his true ultimate defense. If you need to organize the Army Corp of Engineers to take him out, well...
>>
>>50476363
The culling isn't about being the strongest and most bad ass hunter of them all, that's what the convergence tournaments are for. The culling IS about survival.
>>
>>50476397
And the culling is only a small part of the year. Most of the time, it's about being a badass and punching dragons.
>>
>>50472535

I've always imagined overdrive working like, you activate it, and halfway through your first swing your muscles tear completely, considering the stats you get during it. I'd imagine that won't feel all that great either. Now I've never had any of my muscles tear, but if you swung your weapon with 1 arm, wouldn't you take it out of the game until you got it healed? God help you if you don't have healing.
>>
>>50476391
Or you know, take any random sorcerer with Water and just flood the cavern. Suddenly he's trapped with nowhere to go.
>>
>>50476416
Instead of punching dragons, he blows them up with explosives.
>>
>>50476416
True. And iirc his build involves patrolling region rather than hunting Bounties, so minesweeper isn't horribly unsuited. Especially if he teams with people to help finish off stuff that gets caught in his web.

Not to mention that "the Culling is only a small part of the year" is...technically true but misleading. It doesn't last that long but is, potentially, the only actual build-check in the game.
>>
>>50476430
I think it's supposed to be like Kaio-ken. You'll damage yourself and wear yourself out, but it's not a useless skill by any measure.

>>50476445
My argument is also that explosives aren't as effective against dragons as they are against tanks.

>>50476455
Bliss said that turnover rate from actual hunting would be over three times higher than the Culling.
>>
>>50476437
He'll detect the magic being casted with detect magic and all see eye and just run away or sense the seismic vibrations of the tunnels being flooded with his wurm soul and run away.

Again crazy situational awareness.
>>
>>50476465

>Kaio-ken

I don't know what that is, but I doubt muscle tearing is no big deal.
>>
>>50475972
This is what happens when we go without OC for too long.

Withdrawal.

It's like when a star runs out of hydrogen.
This is the giant phase.
>>
>>50476000
>not much of a theme.
One of those arc-specific characters who've become adept or mastered their particular region in terms of being able to survive in it, potentially training others or acting as a guide via the Bounty setup.

Combat-wise it's Moredots.webm . Hit with poisons at a distance, lead enemies into traps, and if they manage to corner me or catch me in proximity, use concealed high Str and Agi along with whatever weapon it seems like they'd be weak against. Hard armor plates? Spears to shove between them. Tough skin? Arrows and thrown weapons to the eyes and between teeth. Hard shell? Bust through it with a spiked mace or huge club. All of them poisoned to add more debuffs the longer the fight goes on.

I'm not in it to cleave dragons in half, I'm going to play with my food until it's done.

>missing some skill points.

I counted to 15, how many do I-
>reread, 20.

FUCK
Tempered
Willpower
Fire Magic
Water Magic
Aaaaand Martial Arts for good measure, raising skill by 1.

A tool for every scenario, with a style that hides most of them until it's too late for the target. Look weak and fight meekly only to turn it upside down when things go poorly or exactly according to plan.
>>
>>50476437
Which requires
1) Finding him
2) Tunneling down so that they can frakk/flood his tunnel in particular
3) Dealing with landmines on way down, one way or another
4) Praying he doesn't have contingencies in place. Like Recall, Drainage Tunnels, Breathing Equipment, etc...

Yes, I think Water is a potential weakness. Personally, I'd try to find the nearest body of natural water and compromise his tunnel system with that rather than drilling down and turning on the hose all day...but neither is as easy as you're making it sound. Water is a potential weakness but by no means is he sunk as soon as a water mage pops up.
>>
>>50476465
He has arcane and enchantment, what's stopping him from enchanting his bombs?
>>
>>50476471

Still, how long would it take him to create another minefield?
>>
>>50476311
Too bad you're not strong enough to break through their hide or fast enough to get close in the first place, eh?
>>
>>50476430
Well, I think that by usin time Warp, i could probably bring my weapon to it's base stat. And my Behemoth soul would come at this point to repair the muscle. Then, I just have to go to one of the jar and I would be full blood Wise.
>>
>>50476499
Compound the water difficulty with the fact that he's set up in the desert. We said held keep close to a oasis, but that probably won't' be enough to flood his network.
>>
>>50476509
Doesn't he have Pocketing? A little bit of time, sure, but he probably has all the prepwork done already. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy spends the off-season making secondary bunkers to boot. Get to one of those (or teleport to one with Recall) and it's even less time.
>>
>>50476531

>Well, I think that by usin time Warp, i could probably bring my weapon to it's base stat

I don't know if what you said makes sense because I don't understand it.
>>
I'm starting to think the bomb guy's build is this meme build people think can survive fucking everything because of all his prepwork.

But honestly though if he's spending most of the off seasons making bombs, and digging out trenches, he has far less actual hunting experience than any regular build.
>>
Fuck MH, lets just play other CYOAs
>>50473466
power: basic, adept and master magic (11)
bestow, double dip (9)
necromancy, illusions, fire, wind, water, earth (6)
Cuteness, littlegirl (4)
freedom, shapeshift (2)
wisdom, infinite ram (0)

Achieve lichdom, bind my soul to something nigh indestructible. Give basic spells to humanity and control them all using mind control and necromancy.

Question: does complete shapeshifting allow you to change back from slime to human? Seems like a cheaper way to snag true immortal.
>>
>>50476636
When you were forming a party he was studying the bomb

When you were hunting he was busy building his underground tunnels

While you wasted your days chasing waifus he cultivated monster poop for gunpowder
>>
>>50476636
It's a meme because people are spending disproportionate effort stressing about the Culling.
>>
>>50476430
I more picture it as a slow process. So your muscles become immensely enhanced, and can take that additional force, but the power flowing through you causes them to slowly shred as it stays active. But either way, you definitely need either Tempered and a Healing skill (not just Bloodlust) or Recall and the Healing facility.
>>
>>50476473
I didn't say that. The first time Goku used it, he was left immobile and had to be extensively hospitalized (at least until he got healed with magic). I was just using it as a basic frame of reference for something that hurts you without being unusable.
>>
>>50476725
>tfw you're more worried about whether you'll live through an imaginary battle royale than about passing your midterms

Can't even.
>>
>>50476769

I'd assume it would say "muscles gradually ripping" instead of just ripping. Think someone grabbing your arm and just ripping it off, instead of them grabbing your arm, slowly pulling until it's ripped off.
>>
>>50476572
Well time Warp allow me to control the set time for non-living object possibly(I might have misunderstood, English not being my first language) even reversing time for them (My staff would go from Broken to how it was before I broke it. Unbroken and in pristine state). Since I didn't take Ancient will, I assume that my weapon is non living.
>>
>>50476799

I was never really into Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>50476391
Killer Instinct is almost as good. It's not just blood-o-vision, it's also increased tracking, which means he can theoretically see the trails where the bombs are hidden. Plus, with 11 vs 7 agility, it shouldn't be too hard to just come up from below where the bombs can't go.

Of course, we're assuming Bomb Guy and Wurm Guy aren't going to just team up and fuck with everyone together. Or fuck off and chill underground.
>>
>>50476837

I really don't see what your weapon has to do with overdrive.
>>
>>50476832
But then it couldn't even be used. It's an unusually expensive suicide technique, not a Tier 4 power.
>>
>>50470654
Was away when this was posted; The OP of that suggestion added later on that there should be a choice section involving the events for the sleepover, or choices over how the sleepover goes or how it's done or something. I think the most obvious thing to include however would be a friends page that you take from to put into your sleepover.
>>
>>50476875

And this is why it needs to be explained more clearly.
>>
God dammit by the time I got home Bliss is asleep. Hopefully you anons can help answer them.

Alright did Bliss say we could use both Light and Dark or do we have to pick only one for the Ethereal tree?

And does Nullification only affect abilities from the magical tree?
>>
>>50476916
He said it was like Blessed, kind of either or.

And Nullification works on all kinds of magic. Wings and such too.
>>
>>50476885
It's obviously the same as Gut's Berserker rage.

You go crazy and ignore the pain until either you or the enemy is dead. At which point you'll collapse and be left incredibly weakened and in need of immediate magical healing or hope you have a friend to carry you back to town.
>>
>>50476852
Hmmm, Killer Instinct maybe could yeah. Super risky, but possible. Ability allowing, it comes down to how that skill works and his skill at trapping vs their skill at tracking, which is hard to quantify.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by below where the bombs can't go? Why can't he mine a large chunk of the area below him and use Recall as his evac button when people get close?
>>
>>50476916
Nullification effects every external effect that you can't do on earth. magic tree, etherial, etc. Its range is arm's length.
Pretty sure its pick light OR dark, but the pick might be different for each ability if I'm reading it right.
>>
>>50475057
underrated post
>>
>>50476939
>He said it was like Blessed, kind of either or.
So I have to pick whether I'm Light or Dark and stick with it?
>>
>>50476943

Are you telling me that I can move my arm just fine after all the muscles in it tear?
>>
>>50476864
Ah sorry. I read too fast. My bad.

Well, I've said earlier that I've prepared Jar with my blood and food. Then with my magic I've frozen it in time, so the blood is still good to be used.

So I could either heal myself directly with my blood thanks to the effect of my monster soul behemoth (Your blood is magical, it can mend any wound but at the cost of depleting your blood level) before reaching the jar.

Or I could go to one of the jar and drink my blood as I regenerate my muscle.
>>
>>50476960
To be fair, you're apparently allowed to delete all magic through sheer force of will so... yes?
>>
>>50476951

What if you have really long arms?
>>
>>50476960
About as much as I'm telling you to go hunt dragons on a magical island cuck for brains.
>>
>>50476916
As I understand, Nullification works on everything magic except for Psionics. So the entire Arcane tree, some of Spiritual (Binding definitely, maybe Siphon/Soul Spirit but not Monster stuff), Enchantment and maybe Ancient Will/Charge Up from the Weaponry tree, and most of Ethereal. Not Indomitable or Psionics, maybe not Pocketing, but definitely the rest. Uncertain whether Recall's teleport is magical or not.

Since it interacts with so much, makes knowing Nullification's duration pretty important imo.
>>
>>50476916
Nullification affects all forms of magic. However, despite what >>50476951 says, Bliss' post in >>50472999 indicates it would NOT affect Psionics. It also probably wouldn't affect sensory powers. The jury's out on Incarnation.
>>
>>50477001

Who pissed in you're cornflakes?
>>
>>50477029
>>50477015
>>50476916
Heres the quote:
>>50471728
>>
>>50476948
If he's on the move, he can't. I mean, he theoretically could tunnel out the area underneath where he's tunneling, but that level of tunneling would take a lot of time and effort that he couldn't devote to other forms of tunneling or bomb-making.

Also, I just realized he has another weakness - shockwaves. If someone can find him, a shockwave could potentially set off his mines prematurely even if it didn't rupture him personally.
>>
>>50472535
Class: Warrior
(Blessing: Skill Point)
STR:7
DEF:4
AGI:4
INT:3
SKL:7
[Skills] 21
[Physical]
Tempered
Willpower
Enhanced
Toughness
Flurry
Sixth Sense
Martial Arts
Athletics
Shockwaves
Nullification
[Magical]
Fire
Lightning
Catalysts
Arcane
[Weaponry]
Bladed Arms
Ancient Weapon
[Etheral]
Indomitable
Recall
Unleash
My build is a swordsman who can easily defend against magic, use fire and lightning for stunning, and resist mental effects.
My bounties are Foxes[20], Hydras[30], and Dragons [50]
Well as for my tribute points
Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market [-40] A good member of the wild hunt is always prepared
Training, Healing, and Scavenging [-15]
Club and Bounty [-10] You got a friend in me.
With Scavenging being a thing and having actual cooking skill I'll skip the Diner but I'm still gonna want that bar
Bar [-5]
Home is always home
Middle [-30]
And because I'm a fucking weeb get me a monster girl fox... Server, preferably lean muscled with a loving tsundere attiude [-25]

Welp looks like I have to make 125 tributes a seasons, I'm strong, skilled, and minorly magically inclined, I can take a hit and deal them back harder. My will is made of steel and my balls are Guardsmen level adamantium. What could possibly go wrong?
What do you mean its best to fight a dragon in groups?
>>
>>50477091
>125 tribute per season
>only earning 100
I think you're about to lose your waifu...
>>
>>50477091
trying to hunt a dragon without siphon or anything needed to pierce it's armor???
you're dead dude
>>
>>50477070
Couldn't he use Recall to bypass the need for conventional movement, though? What'd I'd do personally in his boat is trap up below me with an escape tunnel ready filled with deactivated mines. If I Tremorsense detect tunneling near me, I activate the mines in the escape tunnel and rely on Recall to get out 'cuz I wouldn't want to risk an underground footrace against a group clearly designed to take me out.

And yes, shockwaves are definitely a weakness--hand in hand with strip mining/frakking. Maybe a waiting Wurm squad around him out of detect range. Use shockwaves to flush him down, close in underground once he's out of his secure spot?

Of course, that relies on finding him and knowing roughly where he is and how he'll flee, having people to cover all the angles, running him down underground, and not getting trolled by Recall. And it assumes that he can't adjust some of his mines/traps to compensate for Shockwave in some way. Not easy, but possible I'd think.
>>
File: 1430299419837.jpg (134KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1430299419837.jpg
134KB, 1024x749px
>>50477091
Shit.. ancient weapon... what's that rust covered longsword stuck in that rock do? King of where? Fuck it just let me grab the damn thing.
>>
>>50477047
Hmm. I still think it doesn't work on Psionics because he said that wasn't magic. Good to know that it's only Arm's Length, though - it means you can blink and heal without much problem.

Still, it's probably best to invest points in Ancient Weapon and Enchanting if you're going Mage, just so you can shoot people who think they're safe from you because Nullify. You picked up Marksman anyway, right?
>>
>>50474379
Seconded.

But I want spires on top and to be on a hill where one floor is at the bottom and one on the top, each spreadin gout int he direction opposite the hill. Garage at the bottom and top.
I'll leave a floor for friends and guest rooms and use the rest for myself. The bottom floor is for friends, the top is for me and the middle is turned into office space for a small computer startup.

(I am a rat.)
>>
>>50477162
I agree, doesn't work on psionics, my original statement was in error.
Nullify works on enchantments, but the intelligent decision (which a mage would make, since they have high int) is to just run away from someone that popped nullify. blink kiting is OP.
>>
>>50476960
>Who pissed in you're cornflakes?
>Who pissed in you are cornflakes
>you are cornflakes
Not a grammarian, apparently.
>>
>>50477162

If you're thinking of shooting flaming bullets or something, nullification works on them. The flaming part, anyway.
>>
>>50477196
Of course not anon, he's cornflakes. We can't really expect anything of him besides bowel movements.
>>
>>50472999
>They are like emotional powers. Light is like happy emotions, and its magic is more destructive than arcane (obliterating, disintrigating). Dark is the opposite, with basically shadow powers which are more controlling.
>Blessed (lore) is basically however you feel. You can have a dark aura or a light aura.

Alright I'm pretty sure this means I can only have either Light or Dark.
>>
>>50472535

>skull weaponry

Is the monster's skull as a base meant to imply that its skull is supposed to act as a body for the gun? I assume that monster skulls aren't exactly small.
>>
>>50477200
Wouldn't using protection magic as a casing for a nonmagical destructive agent be an effective anti-Nullification tactic?
>>
>>50477184
Oh, I know. But enchanting makes sure they don't have an opportunity to switch off and recharge Nullify when you switch to blink kiting. Sure the arrows are still going to hurt if you get hit, but if you don't keep it up the fireballs or frost bursts they're jacketed in are going to really ruin your day.
>>
>>50477162
>>50477184
Yeah, Blink kiting is the best first line of defense. I'm actually worried about Nullification enemies with Blink who get in range and then disable your escape route from up close. That combined with ambush tactics could get nasty.
>>
>>50477218
At a time, yes. If you are a bipolar sort of person, you may be able to trigger aura changes tactically.
>>
>>50477235

Protection magic would just be nullified the instant it would get in range. You can't "overpower" nullification.
>>
>>50477246
That's 9 skills invested in two different trees which aren't terribly complimentary. If they're doing that, I figure they'll get eaten by a Behemoth before they're an issue.
>>
>>50477235
>>50477239
You could probably counter nullify by using lightning magic to induce a nonmagical electric charge in some metal... Case it in barrier magic so it holds the charge, then throw it at the warrior. Watch it unleash lightning as soon as it enters the nullify field. Laugh and blink away.
>>
>>50477270
No, that's the point. Create a barrier arrow around slime acid, fire the barrier arrow. Arrow disappears, they get showered in slime acid which doesn't.
>>
>>50477270
No, that's the point. It gets in range of Nullify, and containment disappears, spraying pressurized phosphorous or napalm or whatever at them.
>>
>>50477256
>At a time, yes. If you are a bipolar sort of person, you may be able to trigger aura changes tactically.

Okay now I'm curious if its more fueled by your emotions rather than changing your emotions. Can I empower myself using hatred for Dark but later use happiness for Light? Can I use happiness from raping someone to fuel Light or is that purely Dark?

Dammit I hope Bliss is here tomorrow to answer this shit.
>>
>>50477291
>>50477297

I suppose that would work. I don't see why you need magic in the first place for this though.
>>
>>50477271
Iunno, Magic Sense and Blink complement every build I can think of--especially PvP ones. Isn't Magic Sense really common on all mage-hunter builds anyways? I mean, it's not free by any means but that 4-point detour seems worth for most builds, even for PvE.
>>
>>50477312
Some things are difficult or dangerous to store and project through non-magical means. Plus, the asshole thinks he's safe because I just fired a magic arrow at him.
>>
>>50472535
You know people are complaining about Physical being overpowered but Spiritual is pretty OP.
>>
>>50477128
>Of course, that relies on finding him and knowing roughly where he is and how he'll flee, having people to cover all the angles, running him down underground, and not getting trolled by Recall.

It all seems like a huge waste of effort, time, manpower, energy and resources to take Bomb Guy down. Why not just leave him alone to his own devises he doesn't seem dangerous or want to murderrape people.
>>
File: 1453679743504s.jpg (2KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
1453679743504s.jpg
2KB, 125x70px
>>50476716
So he never actually went hunting and lost most of the abilities his build relies on to function?
>>
>>50477337
Physical/Spiritual masterrace?
>>
>>50477297
Bear(rier) in mind, you can't use barrier magic to create pressure. So you'll have a tough time creating pressurized anything inside a barriarrow.
>>
>>50477312
For the nitroglycerin example, it makes perfect sense. For the slime acid arrow, it makes no sense.

The core idea of using the dispelling of magic as the trigger for something you want is definitely solid, though. I'm doing something similar with my Binding traps.
>>
File: chenchen anon lives.jpg (83KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
chenchen anon lives.jpg
83KB, 500x673px
>>50477351
>>
So will Nullification work on Monster Within and Incarnation? I'm assuming yes but want to be sure.
>>
>>50477351
He's a License hunter, not a Bounty hunter. Can still hunt while going full nutty survivalist like that.
>>
>>50477384
I thought Bliss said those are fine don't care about Null? Not positive on that, but seem to remember it from last thread. Thank god.
>>
>>50477384
Yes and no. It doesn't work on "internal magic," so it wouldn't affect a Behemoth Soul or an Incarnation. It would affect a Tiger Soul, though, or the magic powers of any Incarnation.
>>
>>50477362
Barriers are what we use to create pressure through mundane means. Our barriers are just made of matter instead of magic.
>>
>>50477384
No, nullification doesn't nullify internal magic (like phoenix rebirth). It does nullify external magic like fire cloak (tiger's ability?)
So turning into a dragon is probably fine.
>>
Does the Soul for Monster Within disappear over time?
>>
>>50477411
Could've sworn barriers were static only, but now that I check its not mentioned in MH. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with a different cyoa.
>>
>>50477387
Coincidental hunting by monsters bumbling into his traps?
>>
>>50477449

I'm guessing no, you can still probably overwrite it though. Seems like the only restriction is that it needs to be fresh (so a few minutes at most).
>>
Did Bliss ever say anything about learning new skills overtime? Or are we stuck with whatever we pick out?
>>
>>50477410
>>50477423
I think of this like the interaction between the Avalon rule (no magic not of Avalon may enter) and "the law that cannot be broken can surely be bent" from Gargoyles. A magic tome called the Grimorum Arcanorum could not be brought into Avalon, as it was full of human sorcery, so the Uber-Archmage ate it (whole, with magic); since it then was a part of him, he walked into Avalon with it and it with him. Nullification doesn't dispell magic that has become a part of you.
>>
File: 1479068197363.jpg (5MB, 1400x7500px) Image search: [Google]
1479068197363.jpg
5MB, 1400x7500px
Compassion (1 Mundane)
Stop the Tears (1 Mundane)
Those Three Words (1 Magical)
Would you lie with Me? (1 Magical)
Pain Sponge (1 Magical)
Empathy (1 Magical)
Trust (1 Magical)
Healing (1 Magical)
>>
>>50472535
Just to clarify, if I want (for example) Athletics, do I need to pick Martial Arts or can I pick Toughness instead and still get Athletics?
>>
>>50477616
Pretty sure columns don't matter only rows.
>>
>>50477616
You dont need to have any specific order. As long as you have 1 point already spent when buying a 2nd tier skill, 2 points when buying a 3rd tier skill and so on. You can get a 3rd tier skill by buying all 1st tier if you want.
>>
>>50477616
>>50477640

Nah, only skill points matter. You can get toughness then athletics, and you can get all tier 1 skills then any tier 4 skill from the physical tree.
>>
>>50472535
What's the limit on ranged weapons?
Would a long rifle and pair of revolvers be acceptable?
>>
>>50477591
Granting my wishes isn't going to bring her back, little lady, and you can't please everyone. But it's rude to refuse a gift.

>MUNDANE: Compassion, Cat-ears, Trust, Headpats, Would you lie with me, Those three words

>MAGICAL: A contagious smile, Warmth, Healing

>MIRACLE: Food Magic

As for my name? Maybe call me Niemand. These days it feels about right as an alias.
>>
>>50477732

It's either 1 or none.
>>
>>50473924
>Would you rather have both veterans groups of death and newbie groups, or encounter everyone randomly?
Actually, the first one would be better. The vets can track each other down more easily than the newbies, and team up faster. The newbies need the groups more than the vets do.
>>
>>50474633
>>50474442
Why not make a Tokyo Jungle CYOA.
>>
>>50472535
>Sorcerer

>Blessing
+3 Stats

>Stats
Power - 1
Defense - 6
Agility - 6
Intelligence - 10
Skill - 4

>Abilities

Catalysts
Arcane
Blink
Detect Magic
Water
Frost
Combine
Gravity Warp
Barriers
Time warp

Recall
Pocketing
Blessed
Healing

>Bounties
Tiger
Phoenix
Dragon

>Persona & Resources (100)
Beauty (95)
Library (85)
Alchemy (75)
Market (65)
Training (60)
Scavenging (55)
Diner (50)
Bar (45)
Festival (40)
Club (35)
Bounty(30)
Middle Class Housing (0)
>>
>>50474635
>>50474663
>>50474690
>tfw update never
>>
>>50478145

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>50475383
That's ridiculous. Did he give a reason for that?
>>
File: Archer.jpg (121KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
Archer.jpg
121KB, 500x635px
>>50472535
>Class: Noble
>Stats
-STR: [][]()()()()()
-DEF: [][]
-AGI: [][][][][][][][][][]()()()()()
-INT: [][][][][][]
-SKL: [][][][][][]

>Blessing: +3 stat points

>Skills: 20
-Physical: 8
--Tempered: 1
---Flurry: 1
+1 AGI
---Athletics: 1
+1 AGI
---Will Power: 1
----Sixth Sense: 1
-----Overdrive: 3
+5 AGI
+5 STR

>Magical: 6
--Fire: 1
---Arcane: 1
----Blink: 1
-----Time Warp: 3
+3 AGI

>Weaponry: 6
--Marksmanship: 1
+1 AGI
---Ancient Weapon: 1
----Stamina: 1
-----Ancient Will: 3
+3 SKL

>License: +105
-Mountains: +30
--Ancient: +20
-Glacial: +45
--Deep: +10

>Persona: 25
-Physiology: 5
-Beauty: 5
-Private: 10

>Resources: 75
-Forge: 10
-Library: 10
-Alchemy: 10
-Market: 10
-Healing: 5
-Training: 5
-Scavenging: 5
-Bar: 5
-Middle: 20

Game plan: Keep a good range between myself and enemies and wear them down before they can get to me.

Offensive power: My ancient bow is the main source of my damage here. Assuming Ancient Will works how I want it to, I should be able to go out and distract a foe (with extreme speed) while my weapon lines up and takes the shot, this is a last resort of course, as my melee strength is pretty abysmal

Defensive power: Well, I mean speed is kind of like armor if they can never close on you. Time Warp should help me quicken myself to escape foes an if worse comes to worse, Overdrive should give me the extra boost needed to escape.

Resources: The forge, library, alchemy and market just seem incredibly useful in almost all cases. Healing is only really here to quickly recover after a spent Overdrive use. Training can't hurt and Scavenging is just convenient. Bar because who doesn't love a good drink?
>>
>>50474850
>Hopefully you meant "wouldn't".....
No, I'm trying to make a point about those that can defend themselves protecting others. Even those not affiliated, from heinous things. It's not evil to protect yourself, but it's not good to let others suffer if you can help them.
>>
>>50478310

>but it's not good to let others suffer if you can help them

So it's evil?
>>
>>50478225
I dunno if Bliss gave a reason, but the god in the cyoa says he rewards risk (with the fortune). Skipping early game skills is a risk that is rewarded with more late-stage power. If you could learn skills later, then it would be smart to just take safe skills early and wait to learn the more powerful, situational skills.
>>
>>50478122
You really might consider Exempt with that build. Solid for PvE, but a lot could go wrong for PvP.
>>
>>50472535

>+3 stat points

Wasn't it 5?
>>
>>50478320
Different anon - that depends.

Would you say all the people who just want to be left alone are evil?

What about wild animals? They are not, strictly speaking, good, yet nor are they evil by man's standards.

LN, N, and CN are things.
>>
>>50478481

Is alignment really applicable to people irl?

>man's standards

Then what something is or is not is determined by you alone.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d12)

>>50473537
Rolling for Home Region
>>
>>50473537
Weirdly enough, wasn't the previous version of this a lot...better? It was much more feature-bare, but didn't have the weird racial stuff and strange Disadvantage point balancing. I'm pretty sure all the disadvantages, have been reduced to 1/5th of their previous value, so they're basically not worth taking. Who's going to take Paraplegic or Blind when they only add 5% each to your points? Plus it's a lot harder now to get a general sense of academic proficiency since you're forced to spend points (which you have almost none of) individually despite there being global Int/Memory/Learning buffs available earlier in the CYOA.

I dunno. The progression between versions just feels really weird.
>>
>>50472469
I'll choose muse and write the best quest ever, so good it will take over the entire /qst/ board and be supported by obsessive fanatics that are a cross between 40k Imperial cultist and Homestuck fans in their horrible obsession

then I'll take up programing and make a VRMMO that will pretty much be another world entirely down to the last detail.
>>
>>50472888
Futanari Cyoa

there's loli, trap, milf, and several monster girl ones so this is the logical conclusion
>>
>>50478659
>wasn't the previous version of this a lot...better?
Yeah, definitely. I cant be my own race without humiliating myself in the progress. Like why the fuck would I have to be a rabid SJW?
>>
>>50472535
Hunter
+3 Stat Points
3SRE
2DEF
5SPD
1INT
4HND

Indomitable (19)
Blessed (18)
Premonition (17)
Wings (14)
Bladed Arms (13)
Ancient Weapon (12)
Stamina (11)
Spine Weaponry (8)
All-Seeing Eye (7)
Bloodlust (6)
Tempered (5)
Willpower (4)
Enhanced (3)
Telepathy (2)
Flurry (1)
Athletics (0)

Dragon +50
Phoenix +40
Strange +50

Physiology (135)
Beauty (130)
Forge (120)
Healing (115)
Training (110)
Scavenging (105)
Fortune (100)
Diner (95)
Hot Springs (90)
Club (85)
Bounty (80)
Upper (40)
Servant (25)
Appearance (20)
Attitude (15)
Knowledge (10)
>>
>>50478776

Tell me about it. I don't even smoke and drink rarely.
>>
File: 1333883330525.jpg (3KB, 126x116px) Image search: [Google]
1333883330525.jpg
3KB, 126x116px
>>50478736

>loli futa
>>
>>50478776
I know that feeling. I'm mixed race Asian, but my family's been in America for a looong time. But to be that, I have to spend extra points in order to take double disadvantages for no mechanic benefit (languages, I guess?). Whereas if I just toss mixed-race African onto anything, I probably save points for no real cost. Seems rather odd design.

And then there's the subject ability mess. If I have +IQ, perfect memory doubled learning rate, pre-existing memories, and languages as a hobby...I can still be bad at languages? What does it mean if I take that? I'm personally applying for Masters programs in translation and my choices should massively increase my language proficiency...but if I take bad at it in Abilities (or even Average), then I suddenly can't even speak one language? How on Earth does it all interact.

Same for sciences. Would a player who's a professional scientist with in-game perfect memory, 160+ IQ, and scientific hobbies be bad at math/science if they took those at low?

A lot of features thrown together does not make for a coherent system. Which is especially odd given that there was a more coherent system previously.
>>
File: 1292760738944.jpg (82KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1292760738944.jpg
82KB, 720x479px
>>50478854
>>
>>50478854
>whereas if I just toss mixed-race African onto anything
Pretty sure The Scientist is a nigger.
>>
>>50478776
At least you exist on the chart.
>>
>>50476071
Fucker, you're not supposed to use more then your own body weight in wood for camp fires....
>>
>>50479038

Why not?
>>
>>50479044
Just look at that image....dumb bastards all "damn my hot dogs!"
>>
>>50479050

I don't see any hot dogs.
>>
>>50473537
>african heritage
>no vices
>+4 inches to dick size

I see the creator was a nigger. A shame he forgot about the fact blacks can't be above-average in any intellectual field.
>>
>>50479057
Thats because the fire is so McLargeHuge that it's consumed the wayward weiners.
>>
>>50478886
I mean, African might not even be the best. Jewish gives 12 points + language for a mild and a moderate disadvantage. Contrast with British, which gives 0 benefits for a mild and moderate/severe disadvantage. Strangely, Jewish gave you the least value in the last version. Jewish + African gains you 18 points, 20 points more than Mixed-Race combos of anything else--with largely disadvantages to boot. To get 18 points from disadvantages, you have to be Blind, Deaf, Paraplegic, and Low-Functioning Autistic.

It's just odd. Makes me wonder what the design process was.
>>
>>50479106
> BETA ISRAEL SHALL INHERIT THE WORLD
>>
>>50479106
>>50479125

GAS THE KIKES

RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>50479140
STAY MAD NARCISSIST BOI
>>
>>50473537
>>50478659
>>50478776
>>50478817
>>50478854
>a wild discussion of newsflash appears
What a coincidence.
I'm not The Scientist, but I actually started working on a slight remake of it a couple of days ago; it's a pretty rough draft so far and I don't know if I'll make an image of it, or even complete it, but here it is so far:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P4ku_GaNqmTlF3UGHaVI8kpB8JS-0OdIMCxnmntO8uo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>50479157
Interesting, hope to see it done. Newsflash is one of those things that no one has ever really gotten perfect.
>>
>>50479157
You have to expand on the "Asian" ethnicity. Other than Southeast Asian, there's East Asian and Central Asian.

Also SEA is pretty much a weeb region so you might want to take that into account too.
>>
>>50479157

>being lazy
>not caring for dicks

Why in hell would they start at 3 inches?
>>
>>50472535
Hunter
Free Monster Soul: Strange

>Physical:
Martial Arts, Athletics, Enhanced
>Magical:
Catalysts, Arcane, Blink, Detect Magic
>Spiritual:
One with Nature, Bloodlust, Binding, Monster Within, Fleet Footed, Killer Instinct
>Weaponry:
Marksmanship, Bladed Arms, Ancient Weapon, Charge Up
>Ethereal:
Pocketing, Blessed, Telepathy

STR-4
DEF-4
AGI-7
INT-3
SKL-8

>Licenses
Desert + Ancient
Mountains + Deep

>Personal:
Physiology, Gender, Beauty, Exempt

>Resources:
Alchemy, Healing, Training, Diner, Low Accommodations, Forge, Festival, Hot Springs

Leftover Coins: 5

Strategy: Camper Sniper, speed and agility against giant monsters
Main Weapon: Bow
Secondary: Sword
Defense: Camouflage, surrounding traps, using blink to keep distance and draw into minefields.

>Years Later:

"Ugh! Why can't I go one day in the desert without getting sand in every crack?! Once I get in that water I'm not leaving until they kick me out."

>Find door to hot springs locked and a sign posted.
"Closed for Culling, good luck and hope to see you again!"

"Already? Ugh, I better not find a body on my porch again."
>>
>>50479157
I would recommend including options for Celts, Natives, Yanks, Polynesians and the Caribs. And possibly subdividing the existing groups further. There's a lot of difference between a Dutchman and a Sicilian.
>>
>>50479195
The ethnicities are just pulled straight from The Scientist's previous beta, I just added some actual function to the +/- stat stuff; I'll have expand more on them later.

>>50479201
>Why in hell would they start at 3 inches?
To balance it against breasts+ass.
>>
>>50479233

I doubt anyone cares about tits and ass if they've got a dick.
>>
>>50479157
Ah, bringing back the many of the benefits the previous system had and clarifying the eye-hair colour rules? Sounds sound, assuming balance. Really like that you can buy back disadvantages too.

Polyglot rules seem natural at first--in fact that was my first instinct too. But on closer inspection there are problems. As I understand, literally every ethnicity except for British gets a global 50% cost reduction for all languages. Problematic because that bonus becomes worthless if everyone has it (winds up just randomly punishing people whose great grandparents were Brits) and because it doesn't reaaaaally make sense. Would someone be able to pick up all languages ezpz no problem just because their grandmother sometimes mutters to herself in X language? Normally wouldn't be an issue, but...languages are really valuable.

Might I suggest revisiting the definitions in the Academics section? What exactly do those represent? Current proficiency when we arrive in that body? How skilled we'll be in those by the end of High School no matter what our learning rates and previous experience are? Or raw...talent in the field, meaning how fast we progress further? I, for example, speak a number of languages and am likely to pick up more in the next few years. Does that mean I can write 4 languages down for free? So if I take Good for languages, I get up to 7? And if I'm Bad at languages, does that mean I keep the ones I know and grow slower with new ones? Or does the bad overwrite my previous experience? Same for all subjects, Language is just the easiest one to demonstrate the issue because it's quantified.

Also, disadvantage costs. Old system we got 20 total points and received 5 for major things like Blindness/Paraplegic. Now we get 100 points and get 5 for major disadvantages--not at all worth IMO. Which approach will you take for the new system?

Vast improvement! Nice work and looking forward to seeing the rest of your changes!
>>
File: newsflash 3 beta 1.jpg (2MB, 1000x5501px) Image search: [Google]
newsflash 3 beta 1.jpg
2MB, 1000x5501px
>>50479320
>Polyglot
I know it doesn't even work like that, I'm just sticking with some of the meme-tier stuff from the original. But you're right about britbongs, I'll have to take a look and see what I can do for them.

>Would someone be able to pick up all languages ezpz no problem just because their grandmother sometimes mutters to herself in X language?
Maybe I should clarify that you're fluent in the languages you get.

>Academic
Yes, I know that's a problem. I'm thinking about just letting the player judge what levels they're at right now and letting them start at those levels (except for language, since it's already additive) and not counting those levels toward the limits, just like with the ethnic bonuses.

>Also, disadvantage costs. Old system we got 20 total points and received 5 for major things like Blindness/Paraplegic. Now we get 100 points and get 5 for major disadvantages--not at all worth IMO. Which approach will you take for the new system?
You mean starting with 20 SD? That was actually changed in the last beta before v3.0 (pic related). I've already increased the points you get from almost all of the disadvantages, I might change them further but from my playtesting I've seen that most things end up a lot cheaper than in v3 and that you can actually become quite a bit above average in pretty much everything even without taking any disadvantages.
>>
>>50478501
>Is alignment really applicable to people irl?
No, not like it is in D&D.
However, it can be a useful framework. It is moral to defend the weak. It is immoral to shun them when you ought to help them.
>>
>>50479427

>11+:Amazing

So is 11 the max or is anything above 11 useless?
>>
>>50479507
I don't know, attractiveness and the stat bonuses from ethnicities are the only things that even work with that scale, and it was removed for the final release version so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>>
>>50479503

So everyone is immoral for not feeding the poor starving children in Africa?
>>
>>50473537
the best friends feel underwhelming and i feel that the normal friends are way better.
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.