[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHFRP general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: warhammer fantasy roleplay.jpg (260KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer fantasy roleplay.jpg
260KB, 1024x576px
Warhammer Fantasy Role Play 3e

A narrative dice system that allowed for various degrees of success and failure

Cards for unique actions and spells that showed how they performed to keep players from having to look up their text and, since they were handy, allowing for more complex actions and spells.

Easy to understand mechanics for chases and investigations to create tension for the group.

A shared party sheet to let the group know they are doing well and doing poorly by manipulating said sheet during play.

Everyone's information for health, stress, fatigue, spent actions, and more are clearly visible to all players so everyone including the DM has a good grasp on what is happening across the board.

Initiative order isn't character specific, just broke down into hero and enemy segments. So a nimble character can keep the powerhouse wizard going first by grabbing that top initiative slot during rolls and then letting him take it.

Enemies aren't fucktarded and will run the hell away when the group is clearly winning if it is an option. Since they provide no experience there is no reason to murder hobo anything either unless ya done goofed and it is the only option left.

Seriously, this was one of the best RPG systems I have ever used in my 20+ years of playing. It had its faults (price, not big for large groups, terrible online play needs to be in person, etc) but holy shit when you get a small group together for playing, this game was fucking magical man.
>>
>>50470952
I loved 2e, always wanted to do a STALKER: Shadow of Mordheim campaign.

Cna you specify why it's bad for online? Because of the shared party sheet?
>>
>>50470985
Mostly because of the $200 of gimmicky accessories required to play that didn't really add anything meaningful to the game, just it's price tag.
>>
>>50470952

I actually respect what FFG did with the game, they had the massive, dirt dragging, brass balls to take a well liked and well established system and toss it out the window entirely and try something completely and utterly new majorly drastic changes.

Yes, it had flaws, probably the biggest was the price tag. Splitting core concepts from Warhammer across multiple tomes was a pretty shit idea too (like madness not being in the core rulebooks in a warhammer game is fucked).

Still, as someone who has played a couple of adventures with it my experience went as follows.

1st time
>This is fucking weird. Why do I need to roll so many dice? How does damage work again? What the hell is stress and fatigue?

2nd time
>I got my pool ready. I am gonna use this card on my next turn. Shit, our healer got hit, better change tactics.

3rd time
>They dare fuck with Gristle Thickbeard, mightiest of Troll Slayers? Eat my axes, shit head.
>HA! I get advantage for talking this group of drunks into starting a riot because I won a drinking contest!
>God damn, wizard. Did you really need to turn that guy's dick inside out (party takes stress)
>Oh shit! RAT OGRE!

It got thematic and story teller heavy as fuck
>>
>>50471029

No, this mind set is stupid as the game can be played without any of that stuff, it is just a worse game when not using them.

>>50470985

Distance, dice pools, not having clear access to other people's data to keep track of what is going on with them at all times, the cards and shit with easy access to different outcomes and what not.

It is better to have all components really though.
>>
>>50471167
If some kidn of lunatic were to port it to tabletop simulator you think that'd work?
>>
>>50471331

Yes, but to be fair, they would be stupid to do so. It wasn't a popular system because the typical Warhammer crowd hated how it was different than 2e and people not interested in Warhammer won't suddenly like it.
>>
>>50471167
>it is just a worse game when not using them.
You rebuttled yourself.

>>50471474
3e wasn't a bad RPG in itself, as a fantasy RPG it had some fantastic ideas.

Now as a WARHAMMER FANTASY RPG it was absolute shit, and completely failed to capture setting, feeling more like D&D heroic fantasy with Warhammer painted on it.
>>
>>50472236

I didn't rebut myself.

I said it was worse game without using the components but not unplayable.

The previous anon said they were absolutely required (they aren't) and they didn't add anything meaningful to the game (they absolutely did).
>>
>>50472236

I felt it was plenty warhammer flavorful.

Wounds were hard to remove, basic enemies were plenty deadly, the madness and mutations were there and magical backlash was a pretty big thing for mages too.

The world was also absolute shit to live in (in a good way).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.