[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aether Revolt Spoilers!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

Some card from Aether Revolt seem to have been spoiled via reddit.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/764189-yahennis-expertise-scrap-trawler-trophy-mage-and

It seems mtgs thinks it's legit, so... discuss.
>>
>>
>>
Yahenni's Expertise, if legit, seems stupidly good.
>>
>>50467626

Power creep is a thing, OP.

Am I the only one that actually thinks that WotC should nerf power levels for the next couple of sets?
>>
>>50468063
There's an ebb and flow of power level all the time. Odds are things will go back down soon, but I prefer higher power level personally.
>>
>>50467626
They look fake as fuck, but i won't mind an extra copy of trinket mage
>>
>>50468132
The ones OP posted were just mock-ups from the spoiler that's been floating around.
>>
Super fake, why do people even care? The text is a dead give away. Someone made these in an editor, that is all.
>>
>>50468155
This.
>>50468160
These are the mock-ups mtgs made for their spoiler page.
>>
>>50468185
You're saying that like it means something. I've seen spoliers, they're always in very good quality. Are these just R&D leaks? If so, they have no idea what they're doing, and I'm pretty hype, but there is next to no way any of those cards are printed as is, particularly trinket mage at uncommon. That shit is insanely broken.
>>
>>50468220
>trophy mage
Whatever. In any blink-related edh deck, this card basically reads: "2U: Feel free to fish sol ring and strionic resonator for instant combos."
>>
>>50468252
I think you need to re-read the card. You can search for an artifact with exactly CMC 3.
>>
>>50468291
"2U: Feel free to fish chromatic lantern for fun and profit"
>>
>>50468220
>You're saying that like it means something.
I'm saying that to expailn why they look like they do. And I'm not here to claim this is real. Just relaying information. Mtgs thinks it's legit, they have had a fair track record so far. Just read their thread for more detailed info on the rumour.
>>
>>50468291
>search up ashnods altar
Going right into breya
>>
>>50468291
Both better and worse, as smuggler's copters are now going to be $60.

Either way, I'm snagging ashnod's altar all the way to the bank.
>>
>>50468313
Ooooh, wow. That's so cool, tutoring a bad card with your little card. Look at you, so cute. Bless your heart.
>>
>>50468335
>chromatic lantern is a bad card in EDH
You seem to be confused. Modern General is this way, friendo >>50448585
>>
One of the big issues I see people raise with the spoilers is how the promo Trophy Mage is the only card with the little sticker in the bottom center. As much as I want Yahenni's Expertise to be real, there's a decent chance it isn't.
>>50468063
Yes. That's what got us Theros block, which was garbage, BFZ block, which was garbage, and SOI block, which had a fun Limited and wasn't quite as nerfed as the other two but was still bogged down by it.
>>50468220
>particularly trinket mage at uncommon
Trinket Mage and Treasure Mage were both uncommon. I don't see how Trophy Mage couldn't be.
>>
File: SHIIIIIIIT.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
SHIIIIIIIT.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>50468389
A 3 cmc mana rock with an ability that literally doesn't matter if you have a halfway decent mana base. It always seems like an auto- include in 3+ color decks until you realize it rots in your hand or you topdeck it on turn 7 when it's completely unnecessary. You can use that slot for gas, broski.
>>
>>50468325
Why would copter be affected by this?
>>
>>50468704
That's quite a lot of generalizations.

Chromatic Lantern is awesome in anything non-green. Even late game, it helps your mana-fixing and if you can tutor it, it will even out an otherwise janky curve by allowing you to run things with fancier devotion. It's like you don't even play, but like to pretend to play.
>>
>>50468704
No, it's a 3 cmc mana rock with a gamechanging ability in anything that's not mono-coloured
If you're gonna pretend to know what you're talking about, at least google it first so that you don't come off as completely wrong.
>>
>>50468063
>Power creep is a thing

Not when the game was depowered and its still hasn't risen to the power levels it once had.
>>
File: 1356728305642.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1356728305642.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>50467655
>This in my Arcum Dagsson deck
>>
>>50468063
The Power 9 called, they said you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>50469368
Power 9 are irrelevant to power creep arguments.
>>
>>50467626
>>50467641
>>50467655

Goes great in my Breya deck ;^)

What's the deal with CMC 3 anyway?
>>
>>50468815

We're not getting the power 9 back, son

Also, most card sets after the original ones (Homelands, Dark etc) were complete awful crap
>>
>>50469654
It's a relatively safe number for them to use because they can print a bunch of stuff at cmc 3 that you can use in limited/standard but would be overcosted garbage in real formats.
>>
>>50467626
>>50468220
>>50468160
>>50468185
OP is a faggot for posting mock-ups instead of the spoilers, even if they're sort of hard to read.
>>
>>50468063
I think the last few sets terrible power has given you shitty expectations anon
>>
>>50468704
Bruh think about it
SOL RING is bad cause late game it does NOTHING

THINK ABOUT IT
>>
>>50467626

I really hope Yahenni is real, Grixis could use it
>>
>>50472983
We're still not even skirting Mirrodin tier nonsense, to say nothing of Urza Saga nonsense.
>>
>>50472983
>>50473765
Power 9 is overkill. I think he misses the arms race that was Alara to Mirrodin, followed by the slight depower that was Innistrad and Return to Ravnica.
I'd honestly be happy with Ravnica/Tarkir power levels myself.
>>
>>50473709
Yaheeni is definitely real.

The spoiler popped up a while ago, now, today's story article uses that same art, officially showing it for the first time.

That much alone proves its not fan made.
>>
>>50467655
its been a good year for artifags

like myself
>>
>>50472983
>Not when
We're not even fucking close to old INN power levels.
>>
>>50467655
>artifact soulshift
sweet
>>
>>50467641
This might see play in vintage shops. Grab your choice of Trinisphere, Tangle Wire, Ensaring Bridge, or Crucible of Worlds.
>>
>Allowing free spells only if a spell resolves

Is this their attempt to do some half assed cascade/storm thing?
>>
>>50467655
I can't get over the fact that some of the spoiled cards were missing their rarity foiling, and the wording on this card.
That said, it seems like it's all new art with a cohesive theme.
Just...kinda odd.
>>
>>50473345
Sol ring doesn't produce colored mana, its useless in most cases
>>
>>50473298
>Not an instant
>Doesn't give the other spell flash

Useless.
>>
>>50467626
Pretty dope. Can boardwipe then drop a shardless agent.
>>
>>50469654
Lots of value at 3, why could we only look at 1 before anyways?
>>
>>50473298
I hope that this is an attempt at a fixed version of storm. I want something similar to this on a draw spell ,an instant burn spell and a counterspell, appropriately scaled of course.
>>
>>50467626
have there been any other spoils or are these the first if they are indeed real
>>
>>50467626
im not saying its definitely real but that first response
>Yahenni's Expertise is so obviously broken in Legacy. This can't be real.
wizards does not design sets with other formats in mind for fucks sake people (although you need only take one look at the kaladesh blue enchantments to tell that they had comander in mind at least a little not so much that they are only good for commander as there are more then you would expect of commander usable cards)
>>
>>50467641
neat
lots of fun tutoring lately
>>
>>50467655
what is this yougioh
jokes aside a decent card maybe a little undercosted
>>
>>50478670
this
>>
>>50474549
vintage shops can't really make blue, which is why it doesn't play recall or time walk
>>
>>50478670
>Doesn't give the other spell flash
Neither does the Miracle ability but that won't stop them from dropping a Terminus mid-combat.
>>
>>50479307
Quicksmith Rebel

Creature - Human Artificer
When Quicksmith Rebel enters the battlefield, target artifact you control gains "t: This artifact deals 2 damage to target creature or player" for as long as you control Quicksmith Rebel

This one is unconfirmed though.
>>
Oops! Forgot cc and p/t

Quicksmith Rebel 3R

Creature - Human Artificer
When Quicksmith Rebel enters the battlefield, target artifact you control gains "t: This artifact deals 2 damage to target creature or player" for as long as you control Quicksmith Rebel

3/2
>>
>>50473298
Chaining these effects is probably going to be very satisfying.

Also it could very easily be broken to hell and back.
>>
>>50473298
I like how nicely this curves alongside dank dweller
Play this turn 4 to clear the board, + a free spell
Play dank dweller on turn 5 and recast that spell you just cast for free last turn.
I'll be looking forward to playing this in Frontier
>>
>>50478452
>its useless in most cases
How can someone be THIS bad at magic?
>>
>>50478670
It wouldn't need to give spells Flash - it gives you the opportunity to cast it, full stop. Doesn't matter when. If you give this one Flash somehow, or cast it off a similar trigger, you're in business.
>>
File: pcreep.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
pcreep.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>50468063
>Power creep is a thing, OP.

WotC is nerfing the next couple of sets to be lower power than the powerful set known as Battle for Zendikar
>>
>>50482966
Those cards are obviously limited cards and creatures in BFZ were on average bigger than creatures in Kaladesh. Oath also has a 2 mana spell that kills an attacking creature outright
>>
>>50482966
This seriously triggers me.
>>
>>50482090
it's highly unlikely that it's creature or player, more likely it's creature or planeswalker

wizards hasn't been a fan of easy repeatable burn to the face recently, and i can't imagine they'd change that with this set
>>
>>50483103

It's inexcusable. Impeccable timing should at least have "you gain 1 life" or something similarly marginal.
>>
>>50483634
That would have been perfect. Its niche and would never be used but that would be the perfect. It perfectly fits the flavor to. Saving your ass at the last moment.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.