[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pauper MTG help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: tren.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
tren.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
A couple guys play it at my LCG and i want to get into Magic with this format. I lurked around to find some deck ideas and i decided to settle for Vehicles, how does this deck look?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pauper-vehicles-3/

Also post about Pauper in general i guess
>>
File: snowplows_10x1.jpg (19KB, 468x370px) Image search: [Google]
snowplows_10x1.jpg
19KB, 468x370px
Bump
>>
Why don't you start a proper pauper general thread with a relevant mtg opener image? That might actually draw people attention
>>
>>50468146
I don't have the OP from previous threads if there were any, i didn't even know there was a pauper general to be honest
>>
First of all what card pool and banlist are you using? MTGO or paper?
If you're not sure it's probably the MTGO card pool and banlist.

Secondly I don't think that any of the pauper vehicles are strong enough to base a deck around. My opinions on this deck are pure conjecture, but take this as from someone who has built a few rogue pauper decks. You are going to have problems with delver-fiend and drake (until drake is inevitably banned). More generally, you are going to have problems with anything fast and/or red, which is quite a lot of the metagame. You are also going to have problems with affinity and tron because they are basically trying to do what you do but better. You might have a good matchup against pure aggro because you have big cheap blockers, but you don't have much in the way of interaction, so closing out the game might be a hassle. You also might do ok vs hard control, because vehicles basically make all of your creatures have haste, but this is assuming you don't just draw all your vehicles.

The other thing is, vehicles are kind of a problem in your hand in multiples. If your hand is light on creatures but heavy on vehicles, the extra vehicles are just a waste of a card, except for getting metalcraft, which you barely care about. Therefore vehicles have to be considered a replacement for removal, not threats, and with the endless tide of Drake decks online, removal has never been more important.

My advise for making a better version of this deck is to take out all of the glint hawks, because you don't have any ETB artifacts, take out built to last because it doesn't protect your enablers, add lightning bolt because you have red mana, then order the whole thing, including the sideboard, the affinity cards from the maybeboard, bonesplitter, court homunculus, galvanic bombardment, and 2 more arandara express.

[continued next post]
>>
[continuation]

Then goldfish until you figure out the ratios you want, where you get flooded with vehicles as often or slightly less than you get starved of them.

If you want some spicy tech, I like the idea of using Brackwater Elemental and Wall of Torches to crew Arandara Express.

Even with all this, it going to be a terrible deck because it is a terrible deck idea. But if you like it and want to optimize it, maybe you could get it to the point where it can have a fair matchup against non-optimized tier 2 decks.
>>
>>50468410
>>50468358
>First of all what card pool and banlist are you using? MTGO or paper?
Paper, also where i play the Drake is banned
>If you want some spicy tech, I like the idea of using Brackwater Elemental and Wall of Torches to crew Arandara Express.
I thought about the Wall of torches, then i left it out thinking i was running too many walls, i might substitute one of my 3 power walls to put it in.
Thanks for the tips, also what if i run a GW version instead using Nettle Sentinel and Glint Hawk/Aviary Mechanic to get multiple triggers so i can tap it multiple times, crew my vehicles and attack at the same time?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.