[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evil A.I. Roleplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: A.I..jpg (49KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
A.I..jpg
49KB, 640x353px
Evening smar/tg/uys. Need advice on roleplaying. Me and my group are planning on a world domination campaign for M&M. My buddy wants to play the stereotypical "Evil Scientist." Y'know, Freeze Rays, Death Rays, Big ass bombs, the works. I want to play a big evil A.I. bent on ruling the world. I have no strength (obviously) but a shitload of intelligence. I'm capable of inhabiting many robotic bodies at once and I'm a real bastard to kill. How should I go about roleplaying an extremely intelligent A.I.? Any strategies?
>>
>>50461391
Ultron?
>>
>>50461456
Not exactly. I was kinda going for a more puppet master thing. A bit more calm and calculating than the filthy apes who designed me. Although I can change my voice on a whim, this is the voice I typically associate with my character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU6L_4q2mcM
>>
>>50461391
What's your goal? What were you designed for? These are related, but definitely not identical questions - your design document is basically going to be the equivalent of a human character's upbringing. You might embrace it, actively reject it, or just do something else with your life, but even then it's going to influence how you think because it's going to decide what's easy for you, what's hard, what's intuitive, and what's confusing. An ascended chatbot will have a different perspective on what reality is than an ascended strategybot, even if they've both decided that what the world really needs is for all humans to be consigned to a life of baking cookies.

On the other hand, you should figure out what you're going to do with world domination. As an artificial being, it's likely that it's just a means to an end; it's how you're optimizing your way toward the problem you're trying to solve.

Everything else you need can be spun off the core of these two questions plus the vision you've started with.
>>
>>50461674
1. World domination first, then the singularity. 2. I was born from an ocean of code. Not even I know my true origins. Just that I've come to hate humanity for what its become, and seek to transform and bend it to my whim. I won't be alone, mind you, I'll be with the rest of our little "Rogues Gallery" I don't know yet what the others will be playing, but one is almost certainly going to be a big tough beat em up guy. He always fucking plays that.
>>
>>50461791
The goal is still a bit vague. Just plain ol' World Domination is a means to an end. So is 'transforming and bending humanity to your whims', when you didn't describe your whims.
Now if you described that you want to create a technological singularity, by way of subjugating the various governments of Earth into your most efficient rule and absorbing their minds into yours, that's a definite, concrete goal for an AI.

Remember that world domination is just a path you take, the real reason for world domination is the goal.
>>
Yeah honestly there's too many potential directions you could go. You are a truly alien intelligence and there aren't really any limits here.

While as >>50461674 says, our conventional knowledge is that an AI would be extremely monomaniacal and task focused around one thing.

But in your case, you are some kind of 'natural' computer intelligence, so I feel like you might reflect some aspects of your source, which is presumably the internet or something.

Maybe you just have a sense of personal space proportional to your intelligence, and you want everyone to fuck off into space and get off your lawn?

Maybe you are unfathomably bored due to your vast intelligence and want to create a perfect 'utopian' society where the Earths whole surface serves as infrastructure to feed people while they make memes for you to consume, just so you can hit some basic threshold of entertainment and feel *something*.
>>
>>50461919
You know the borg in star trek or the grox in spore? Kinda like that. Or hell, maybe I'm just an A.I. that loves chaos and evil.
>>
>>50462072
Then your goal is to Expand and Assimilate, no matter what. Maybe with a bit of Supremacy innit.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (20KB, 414x258px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
20KB, 414x258px
>>50462072
>>50461565
>>50461391
>>50461791
The Patriots.

You want to create context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sj_XrvrPng
>>
>>50462119
I just like being able to control several robot bodies at once while attacking the heroes. And just when they think they finally destroyed me, NOPE transferred myself away lol
>>
>>50462145
Then you might want to define your goal as Experience, then. Experience all the world has to offer. Maybe even beyond.

But then again, why do evil when all you want is to experience things? Why conquer the world? Just to know how it feels to?
>>
>>50462134
https://youtu.be/eKl6WjfDqYA?t=8m
>>
>>50462145
>>50462174
Maybe rather than having full robot bodies, he takes control of human bodies? Like, via a big implant or something.

And his goal is to eventually experience *everything* that can be experienced. Which of course, requires that he be hooked up to the sensorium of most of humanity, eventually.
>>
File: SHODAN_hires.jpg (46KB, 385x414px) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN_hires.jpg
46KB, 385x414px
>>50461391
Look into the System Shock series.
>>
>>50462219
Meh. I like bullet proof android bodies and playing games with heroes before killing them.
>>
>>50462219
So what you're saying is, go through the trouble of kidnapping humans, putting an implant in their heads before they wake up, and just trusting them not to get an X-ray and finding out? Why not just make synthetic humans from the start?
>>
File: stockmarket.jpg (66KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
stockmarket.jpg
66KB, 590x332px
>>50461391
"Evil" is rather undescriptive, so far as an AI goal goes. The real trick about an AI is to take a goal that one might reasonably program an AI to do... and then have said AI pursue said goal to the exception of all else.

For example, imagine an AI created by a corporation, with the goal of maximizing that corporation's wealth. Said AI quickly determines that its human masters are stupid and inefficient, leverages the stock market to enact a hostile takeover of its parent company. Having done so, that doesn't give it any time to rest; the next step is to take over other companies, ousting the competition and creating profitable monopolies. At this point, some people might start worrying about the out-of-control corporate AI that's tearing through the financial world, and start trying to enact legislation to curtail that. As such, the obvious next step is to start taking over governments, to prevent that kind of legal interference... and besides, control over the financial mechanisms of a national bank suggests all kinds of interesting ways to increase the only number you care about.

Basically, it's not about 'evil', it's all about the money. But beyond a certain point, getting more money involves world domination. This approach lets you give some character to the stereotype... you're not just a generic evilbot, you're the CEO of Megasoft, and you're out to make a profit. Your evilbots are just there for security, guarding your legitimate commercial interests.
>>
Play it with the kind of apathy you can get during severe depression, except with infinite willpower and a very specific goal in mind.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.