[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cyoag/ CYOA General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 433
Thread images: 54

File: Monster Hunter CYOA 1.jpg (783KB, 750x4750px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter CYOA 1.jpg
783KB, 750x4750px
Return to The Culling Edition

Old thread:
>>50450752

Links and Collections:
http://pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
>>
File: Monster Hunter CYOA 2.jpg (850KB, 900x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter CYOA 2.jpg
850KB, 900x6000px
>>
File: Monster Hunter CYOA 3.jpg (944KB, 1050x4410px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter CYOA 3.jpg
944KB, 1050x4410px
>>
why come there's no meta CYOAs with a "avoid pvp" option?
>>
>>50460756
There is in the Sartre one because you can do whatever you want in it.
>>
>>50460756
There is no actual pvp in monster hunter.
>>
File: 1480338427943.jpg (3MB, 1200x9300px) Image search: [Google]
1480338427943.jpg
3MB, 1200x9300px
What sort of lies ship will tell you to get you to remove your pants?
>>
>>50460691
First page seems a bit small
>>
File: 1480338362044.jpg (4MB, 1200x9300px) Image search: [Google]
1480338362044.jpg
4MB, 1200x9300px
>>50460873
DLC
>>
I've got a great idea for a cyoa.

Other people end up gaining powers, abilities, etc. from some other cyoa... and you were left out. Fortunately, some nice extra dimensional dudes give you some power, but it's only a few scraps worth. Nothing that can move planets or make people juggle elephants, but just minor stuff.

In addition, you get to pick what type of cyoa was undertaken by others, get a small bonus from it, and a mission to complete with a possible reward at the end. I was also considering mentioning specific cyoas in it, but I'm still on the fence on it.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Twin-CYOA-v1.6.png (596KB, 800x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Twin-CYOA-v1.6.png
596KB, 800x2190px
>>
>>50460873
Its just me and ship, why would I wear any pants to begin with?
>>
Some anon a few threads ago asked for ideas and the first response was "heal plz". Figured I'd expand on that anon's answer and say a CYOA about managing/healing/dealing with waifus with various forms of mental illnesses (or just some psychological issue) might be interesting. Heal a broken waifu!
>>
File: d8m0cxa.jpg (177KB, 764x1046px) Image search: [Google]
d8m0cxa.jpg
177KB, 764x1046px
>>50460691

Class
>Sorceress
Attributes
>Str +++
>Def ++++++
>Agi +++
>Int +++++++++++++
>Ski ++++
Blessing
>+3 Stat Points

Skills
Magical
>Catalysts
>Fire
>Water
>Arcane
>Lightning
>Frost
>Blink
>Combine
>Barriers
Spiritual
>Bloodlust
>Binding
Weaponry
>Marksmanship
>Enchantment
Ethereal
>Indomitable
>Recall
>Blessed
>Unleash
>Healing

Monsters
>Arachnid 20
>Kraken 60
>Dragon 110

Persona
>Age 5 (22yo)
>Beauty 10
Resources
>Forge 20
>Library 30
>Alchemy 40
>Market 50
>Healing 55
>Training 60
>Scavenging 65
>Diner 70
>Bar 75
>Hot Springs 80
>Low 100

Time to hunt some monsters with the power of magic! I will become the greatest elementalist and make the Master of the Hunt proud!
>>
>>50460893
Sounds kind of awkward. I think the fact it acknowledges the others' powers came from a CYOA is a little goofy, unless it makes fun of the fact a ton of neckbeards turned into little girls suddenly.
>>
>>50460886
I know the author asked for some submissions for a possible DLC DLC made by anons, but did he want people to write from the perspective of Humans or of the Ships? SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED.
>>
>>50460893
Can you elaborate? It just sounds like yet another meta CYOA which I dislike because it screws the balance of a CYOA.
>>
>>50460925
I will admit, it does sound kind of awkward, but who says I can't make it work? If possible, I'll try and put in the "Neckbeards turned into little girls" thing, assuming I don't forget, that is.
>>
File: Monster Hunter_V3.1_Page 1.jpg (5MB, 1500x9500px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter_V3.1_Page 1.jpg
5MB, 1500x9500px
Posting the most up to date MH cyoa, because OP fucked up.
>>
>>50460950
You have fairly minor powers and are thrust into the general or somewhat specific setting of various types of cyoas (from comfort and waifus to fantasy and power armor to god creators and pretty much anything that isn't meta cyoa.) Don't worry about it; it's not going to be a meta cyoa, rather it's own standalone thing.
>>
File: Monster Hunter_V3.1_Page 2.jpg (4MB, 1500x10000px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter_V3.1_Page 2.jpg
4MB, 1500x10000px
>>50460981
>>
>>50460958
I didn't mean that in a wholly serious way. I just meant that if it's self-aware as a CYOA, then you might as well make fun of the culture that tends to make itself present here. While there are some (fairly) unique CYOAs like Monster Hunter featured in OP, you also see a dozen "You are not X", whether it be twins, little girls, little twin girls, etc. I see some backlash and some like for these largely interchangeable CYOAs. I feel like the fact "The CYOAs came true" is the setting presents a nearly farcical scenario.
>>
File: Monster Hunter_V3.1_Page 3.jpg (4MB, 1500x6900px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter_V3.1_Page 3.jpg
4MB, 1500x6900px
>>50460997
>>
>>50461016
>presents a nearly farcical scenario.
>farcical

I have no idea what that word means, so I'll take it as both an insult and a complement until I figure it out.
>>
>>50460986
So besides the obvious choice of powers, there'll also be a choice of CYOA setting? Finally, we'll be able to find out which CYOA has the best (most popular) setting!
>>
>>50461043
A parody of the culture. Resembling a farce. It plays on the absurdity of a CYOA coming true/having any real world impact.
>>
>>50461058
Pretty much. If you have suggestions for powers, I'll read them.

>>50461064
Thanks man.
>>
>>50460921
>that pic
So is your plan for the culling to trade sex for protection, or to get gangraped?
>>
>>50461144
Could be both. Maybe he wants a lot of protection.
>>
>>50461245
>>50461144

None of that!

>barriers
>binding
>all kinds of elemental attack magic

My plan is to hide in a cave with lots of magical protection at the entrance and just lay low camping out for awhile. Plus by then maybe I'd already have a team of hunter friends to hang out with.
>>
File: 1476848122652.jpg (6KB, 216x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476848122652.jpg
6KB, 216x200px
>>50460913
>Not wearing pants

I bet she'll tell you to clean up after yourself
>>
>>50461289
I bet someone else wants to hide in your cave with magical protection.
>>
>>50461310
Especially since I'm pretty sure that's Angel.
>>
>>50460873

Previous build :
>>50315241

And

>Name
Captain Lance Murdock

>a few words about myself
I live for the thrill, the decadent pleasure of the unknown&foreign and the occasional comfort of the tried&trusty. I am an utter romantic. What I want is simple, I want everything. The cream at the top, the point of utter defeat and hopelessness(but always within safe boundaries and with the assurance I will bounce back), the comfy rape dungeon magical realm. To visit strange locales, sight see mysterious electrograph nebulae, plow alien 4 titty soil, enjoy their finest cuisine and culturally appropriate their lifestyle and traditions - only to casually discard them once the new flavor of the month comes in - . I can no longer have a sense of community, that was stripped from me when I was extracted from my world. So I might as well kick back and enjoy the show.

>Hab of Cripples
The bets would be an occasional thrill but such a seedy place is the most likely to have exotic Spanish Andromeda Fly extract for sale.

I'll eke a living out of the occasional star collection and Ship scout/rescue oddjobs. The big gigs however will be confirming Xeno life in distant planets and compiling firsthand reports, plus a Xeno-English dictionary 1st edition - by which I mean we'll be mostly abducting and mind probing random aylamaos to figure out their language, if any-.
>>
>>50461381
>Oddities of Interest
Recording some sicc loops in the Grav world would bring some notoriety and sponsorship cash.

Painted sun and Ancient war would be nice distractions in this meaningless uncaring universe. I'll avoid Earth, lest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djyViSY332M
starts playing.

I prefer the digital rather than the physical feel of the book, sue me. I would rather read lying down than sitting straight. Fresh will be one of my first big official assignments, given my unique capabilities.

>Xenos
-Tunnels
REQUEST EXTERMINATUS
-Living World
Might be worth to keep an eye on this, for the possible outbreak of sapient life and the very unique experience of living in a moving planet.

>DANGERDANGER
-Rogue Ships&Mad AI
They may be cut from different cloth but ultimatelly they are the same threat. Formidable hostiles. First response is to keep my distance, report their current location and trajectory to the proper authorities so they can dispatch small fleets to hunt them down like the rabid beasts they are. Only if I have my back to the metaphorical wall would I engage in a dogfight.

-The Union
I suppose whoever discovers/introduces life has unique jurisdiction over their fate. Not really interested in politics, but maybe I could terraform distant planets ala Spore and introduce a geneseed to create frontier communities, cockblocking the Union. But only if there's dosh involved.

-Sun Eaters
Like Millipide, but in Space!
>>
So the inspiration for the finished Monster Hunter was the Daedric Lord Hircine from ES, right? Seems like the Culling is pretty much the Wild Hunt.

>>50461089
An incredibly durable magic luggage that walks and has a nasty temper. The ability to sense hostile intent. The ability to hide in someone's shadow for a period of time. Or perhaps a friendly creature lives in your shadow which might occasionally help you. Hands that can liquefy and subsequently harden inorganic matter to craft. An ability to place the mind in something else temporarily in order to explore.
>>
>>50461407
>Those suggestions.

Okay, that was more creative than anything I've thought of so far. Thanks, will probably incorporate at least two of them.
>>
>>50461289
I look forward to thrusting my sword into your magical cave, penetrating all your protection and making you scream for mercy.
>>
>>50461407
>The Luggage said nothing, but louder this time
>>
File: 1325535532775.gif (12KB, 227x224px) Image search: [Google]
1325535532775.gif
12KB, 227x224px
>>50461245

Hah. Protection. I get it.
>>
>>50461144
she wants to attract men, and then feel justified in torturing them if she succeeds.
>>
File: 121276.jpg (609KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
121276.jpg
609KB, 1600x1200px
>>50460981

Class:
>Hunter

Blessing:
>High Monster soul (Dragon)
I know I know it is a waste long term but most hunters die in their first year.

Skills:20
>One with nature (-1)
>Bloodlust (-1)
>Poisons (-1)
>Monster within (-1)
>Hybrid (-1)
>Killer instinct (-1)
>Incarnation (-3)
>All non final physical abilities(-9)
>Indomitable (-1)
>Blessed (-1)

Stats:
>str:xxxxxx
>def: xxxxx
>agl:xxxxxx
>Int:x
>skl:xxxx

Terrain:
>Volcanic + Molten (+65)
>Mountain + Ancient (+50)

Favor 115
>Age, Beauty, Gender (-15) (Be the hot girl)
>Library (-10)
>Alchemy (-10)
>Market (-10)
>Healing (-5)
>Training (-5)
>Scavenging (-5)
>Club (-5)
>Bounty (-5)
>Gambling (-5) (gonna bet on my living)
>Underground (-5)
>Bar (-5)

35 favor left for reparations, money, etc.

My plan is pretty simple. Be a dragon whenever I hunt, build as many contacts as I can, make money, and get more powerful by any means necessary.

As for the culling my main defense will be staying in draconic form indefinitely and flying to a secluded spot. Be warned that anyone I did not prior agree to spend the culling with will be eaten.
>>
>>50461724
Wouldn't staying in dragon form make you vulnerable to other dragon hunters?
>>
>>50461289
Hi. I have a build that would love to come visit your little cave. I promise I wont rapemurder you too much

>>50460981
Class: Hunter
Blessing: +1 Skill point
21pts to spend

Physical 9
>Tier 1: Martial Arts
>Tier 2: Flurry
>Tier 2: Willpower
>Tier 4: Overdrive
>Tier 4: Nullification

Spiritual 5
>Tier 1: One with Nature
>Tier 2: Monster Within
>Tier 2: Binding
>Tier 3: Fleet-Footed
>Tier 3: Killer Instinct

Weaponry 6
>Tier 1: Marksmanship
>Tier 2: Ancient Weapon
>Tier 3: Charge up
>Tier 4: Skull Weaponry

Ethereal 1
>Tier 1: Indomitable

A ranged magebane. I'll be there when you fight, I'll be there when you eat, I'll be there when you sleep, skulking in the shadows, waiting for the best oppurtunity to strike.

Final Stats:
>STR: â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 
>DEF: â– â– â– 
>AGI: â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 
>INT: â– â– 
>SKL: â– â– â– â– â– 

Terrains: (125)
>Underground Desert,
>Twilight Volcano

Seems like the most interesting terrains. D2 Act2-esque desert, and a volcanic infused with arcane energy. Act 4 anyone?

Persona
>Physiology, Gender, Age, Beauty
Being someone who freely indulges the darker passions in life, the Master of the Hunt changed my body to match my mind, a half-demonic creature. To fit my new role, my physical body were also adapted, with age and looks and a feminine penis

Resources
>Provisions: Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market
>Services: Healing, Training, Scavenging
>Hangout: Club, Bounty, Gambling, Underground
>Luxury: Bar, Hot Springs
>Accommodation: Low
>>
>>50461818
>Notes on resources and tactics:
The Library and Training will be helpful in boosting my combat capabilities, learning new techniques or information about the terrains I've chosen but it is in the hangouts that I've decided to make my living. The Club will no doubt be helpful in forming a party with people with similar terrain, but maybe most important.. scout out the rookies in preparation for the Culling, learning their strengths, weaknesses, friends and vulnerabilities. In Bounty, I can recieve money to assassinate someone, a task well suited for my skillset. In Gambling I can well, gamble, aswell as recieve information about the rookies from the bets being made. Underground and Market will be helpful for selling off the loot I take from my bounties or fellow Hunters during the culling, while Bar (and Underground too) will help me get to know the more unsavoury elements of the Hunting world. The rest is mostly just quality of life purchases. My own lodging, healing, scavenging, a warm bath etc.

During Culling, my strategy is fairly straight forward and simple. Skulk around in the shadows and look for prey, laying out traps both physical and magical ones in high-traffic areas during the night, which is when I'll be most active. Searching out campsites made by unwary Hunters, whether they be in caves or high in the treetops, I'll find them using Killer Instinct. I'm unlikely to engage several Hunters at once, and when I do, I'll go for the magic users. With their magic nullified and their frail bodies protected by little more than cloth (and hopefully trapped in one of my traps), using Overdrive and Flurry is really a bit of overkill, but it should do the trick. Ancient Weapon + Skull Weaponry ensures that the bow I use will be real stronk and pack a lot of punch. I dont plan on letting anyone get close to me.
>>
>>50460691
So for Adventures in the Orient, I'm guessing I shouldn't include PvP?

I was originally going to have no companions and have people work together to perform the missions but I'm guessing that isn't something people would want?
>>
>>50461827
Please include PvP in some capacity. Dont let the anti-Culling fags ruin things for the rest of us.
>>
>>50461805
Well there are inevitably some groups of incarnate hunters out there. If I can I will try and hook up with them to form a flock of dragons. Who in their right mind would fight that.

A big issue is the other two souls I manage to bring with me. I am hoping to get a hydra soul due to their excellent regen and aquatic nature (meaning I could hide in the water) I am less committed to my third soul but am leaning towered phoenix for obvious reasons.
>>
>>50461818
>feminine penis
So completely useless and broken from the hormones? How sad
>>
>>50461818
I see rape Angel builds have not gone out of fashion.
>>
>>50461827
Given the style of your cyoas it would probably be a detriment. They are more story based and we have a role to play. PVP could get in the way of that, or even force people to choose between the two.
>>
>>50461863
Feminine=/=broken, and it wasnt a slow transition with hormones and sheit, it was an instant transformation by a deity. Secondly, If this deity cant make the equipment he created work he's not much of a deity. Thirdly, all half-demons have penises that work awesomely. Thats just common knowledge.
>>
>>50461869
Truth be told I was in the process of making it already when she posted hers. I just saw many builds relying heavily on magic, with few builds at all using nullification to counter it. That it'll work great against her is just a bonus.
>>
>>50461901
nullification really is bad news for mages in the culling. I think most magic builds should buy the exemption personally.
>>
File: Nanamin.png (210KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
Nanamin.png
210KB, 335x335px
I've started work on the second page of the TG order form CYOA

>>50460873
>wearing pants
>>
>>50461946

>wearing underwear, let alone pants
>>
>>50461946
>Spoiler
Ah shit nigger.
>>
File: 1409621685967.gif (508KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1409621685967.gif
508KB, 500x281px
>>50461946
>spoiler
>>
>>50461827
>CYOAnons
>working together

Yeah nah. Get ready for 'nothing persimmonel, kid' builds all over the place. btw....
*unsheathes katana and teleports behund u*

u left ur guard down.

*does a bajillion backflips to duge you attacks and slices you with wun blow, impressing my crush emma watson who just happens to be watching*

Train herder.
>>
>>50461939
Though since not even the anti-Culling fags seem to buy exemption , I'm projecting a glorious culling.
>>
>>50461827
No matter what anyone else says, CYOAs with PvP will ALWAYS turn into a shitstorm.

Name 1 (one) CYOA with PvP in it that stayed civil without anyone RPing someone high off their own shit.
>>
>>50461946
OH SHIT Go put some pants on
>>
File: Freeform Roleplaying.gif (1023KB, 297x168px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Roleplaying.gif
1023KB, 297x168px
>>50462042
>>
>>50462096
PRISON CONDUITS
>>
>>50462096
We need more party building CYOAs. Oh wait, those are just TTRPGS.
>>
>>50461827
It's Choose Your Own Adventure.
Not Choose Our Adventure Together.
Huh.

COAT. Neat.
>>
>>50461939
>>50461818
People are vastly overestimating the power of nullification. A mage with blink can easily just run away until nullification ends.
>>
>>50461946
looking forward to it
>>
>>50462276
>blink
>nullificated
pick one

blink is magic and nullification nullifies the spell when cast
>>
>>50462327
Nullify is "close proximity" aka melee range. Nullify is meant to protect the warrior, not open a giant domain in which nobody can use magic.
>>
>>50462374
>Nullify is "close proximity" aka melee range
Pretty sure thats just your interpretation of it. Noone is arguing that the effect is miles wide, but the difference between 2m and 20 m is enormous.
>>
File: Smug personified.gif (2MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Smug personified.gif
2MB, 600x450px
>>50462275
>tfw you betray your companions for profit and become a turnCOAT
>>
>>50462327
Why not just take detect magic?

Detect magic allows you to track,counter and dispel magical effects at a distance.
>>
>>50462421

Think disspelling a trapped chest, not a fucking meteor some mage is about to drop on you.
>>
>>50462393
I agree that 20m would be a big difference, but 20m isn't a "close" distance with a sword. "Close proximity" is the size of personal space, there arent very many ways to describe shorter distances than "close". Its certainly not the size of spellcasting range or bow range, etc.

>>50462421
This, again, seems like interpretation, but it sounds like DM lets you SEE the magic, which is naturally helpful for dispelling magic, but I don't think the skill itself grants dispell. It presumably only grants detection. Likewise, if you know the spell your opponent is casting (via DM), you can then counter it using other magics.
>>
>>50462481
Detect magic can counter spells anon.
>>
>>50462421
Not as I understand the text. It gives you arcane eyes that allows you to see magic and traces of it. "for tracking, countering and dispelling" are mentioned as possible uses of it, unless Bliss wants to rephrase it. Like traps from Binding could be seen from Detect Magic, but its powerless against a shard of ice flying at you.
>>
>>50462494

Sure, whatever, but don't expect to just wave your hand and magically make it go away.
>>
>>50462508
*Jedi wave* "This is not the target you are looking for"
*fireball veers off into the distance*
>>
>>50462516

Great, not you're just playing Pong with the mage.
>>
>>50462494
>>50461827
>>50462393
>>50462421

And this is why PvP in CYOAs is a minefield. The spell descriptions have to be really short and pretty vague--it's not exactly a tabletop. And the players more inclined to overreach mechanically are probably going to be the most...aggressive PvPers, which can lead weird places. CYOAs really shouldn't need DM intervention and arbitration...
>>
>>50462492
"Close proximity" depends widely on context, just like "point blank". For a handgun point blank might mean 2-5 meters, but for a howitzer its like 1 km. Close proximity in naval terms is measured in miles. Firing a bow at a target 20m away is close proximity compared to its maximum distance of 2-300 meters.
>>
>>50462567
In fairness though, cyoas can be revised. Vague terms that totally suck can be revised to concretee ones like "2m", while preserving brevity.
>>
I posted this over on /d/, but was then told to put it over here. I guess for maximum possible SLanon visibility.

Anyway, a few suggestions I had for slut life after playing the latest version.

http://pastebin.com/AT1BGPnT
>>
>>50462601
Another suggestion:
The bitch suit is incompatible with all of the suboptions for "sleep in bondage" without any real rationale behind it. Like a bitch could not sleep in a cage or thrown into a pit of tentacles for the night if a bitch suit is worn?
>>
>>50462586
I agree, but given that the "close proximity" trait is inside of the hand-to-hand/melee weaponry tree, we should obviously be talking in terms of melee "close proximity".
... And the only bows shooting 2-300m are heavy longbows, which is not a pvp or hunting weapon.
>>
>>50462601
>Tentacle Pussies/Tentacle
I don't think that's how tentacles work anon. Which is why vines with bulbous flowers are used for that weird magical realm.
>>
>>50462396
CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOS
>>
>>50462637
anon its in the Physical tree, and given that you're just ASSuming shit, its not at all obvious that nullification would only work within bitchslapping distance. Besides, if it was intended to complement a melee warrior, why would it give him zero protection until he is already within striking distance?
>>
>>50462601
The problem with SL is that the author nerfed a lot of options because "lol I added a few new sources of points so I'll nerf the existing ones in exchange even if you don't like the new options" and proceeded with it despite feedback opposing it.
>>
File: stegron approves.png (621KB, 778x571px) Image search: [Google]
stegron approves.png
621KB, 778x571px
What CYOAs let me become a Dinosaur man?
>>
>>50462742
Traveller.
>>
>>50462710
But it DOES give him protection. No magical attack can strike him because it fizzles once it gets close. Nullification enables him to run into range without being gunned down. Nullification is meant to protect the warrior, not make his foes utterly useless. Hence why it builds off of Willpower, which grants pain tolerance.

>>50462735
Shhh, there are no problems with SL. It gives massive piles of points that let you life a life of luxury easily in exchange for a few temporary drawbacks.
>>
>>50462742
Everyone that includes physical reconstruction in the options? Traveller, MH, basically all the scifi ones..
>>
>>50460873

None, there was a race for both of us to strip out of our clothes after she showed me around and finally brought me to the bridge.

I basically spend a fair amount of time lounging together with her on the comfiest chair ever, with neither of us wearing much of anything as we wander through space. I wear boxers, she wears lingerie or nothing, depending on her mood.

Pants don't really figure in unless we're wandering my living area, doing minor maintenance together, or working on the food stocks together with her.
>>
>>50462758
That makes little sense though. It nullifies and deteriorates magic. If I conjure a shard of ice, it would nullify the conjuring, but if I've already launched the shard at my foe, then would Nullification automagically also remove all the kinetic energy from what is now a physical object coming at you in break-neck speeds despite nothing of the sort being mentioned in the text?
>>
>>50461946
HYPE
>>
>>50462865

The shard of ice would just melt instantly. It would be as if you never launched the shard at all.
>>
>>50462758

My last playthrough of slut life, I started with -150 points and ended with +466. I think I've reached fetish saturation to where lewd cyoas can't give me difficult choices anymore, they're just there to let me revel in the deviancy I'll never be able to tell a significant other.

Slut life is great for that, because it's the most comprehensive one out there. But it could be even more comprehensive!
>>
>>50462865
You conjured the water for the icicle, nullification would banish said water back to whence it came.

Now, you may wonder: "Whats to stop me from using magic to accelerate a pebble I picked up" To which the answer is: nothing. How should that be any difference than a 15 STR warrior throwing the pebble at high speed? Nullification nullifying any magic effects like magical fire and lightning is plenty strong, expecting a 3 point skill to entirely defeat a whole skill tree is just silly.
>>
>>50462909
is posting ones build of slut life frowned upon in /tg/?
>>
>>50462989

No. But don't expect responses.
>>
>>50462989
just post the cyoa first.
Though since theres a cyoa thread in /d/, perhaps you should post there instead? Gotta make sure the mods know cyoas are still loved.
>>
File: Monster Hunter version 0.1.jpg (3MB, 1500x7800px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Hunter version 0.1.jpg
3MB, 1500x7800px
>>50460691
Very first version from what I have saved/can tell.
>>
>>50463178

>if you wish to have Willpower you must first buy either Tempered, Toughness or Arms

Wait, has this always been the case? Even with the newest version? I didn't know why it needed to be pointed out that you need at least a certain amount of points, since I figured you gotta buy the top one to access the bottom ones. Like Tempered > Willpower > Enhanced > Overdrive. Are you telling me that my life has been a lie?
>>
>>50463255
Yeah, you've been doing it wrong. It's point-gated, not in order. You could grab Tempered, Toughness, Willpower, and Nullification, if you want to.
>>
>>50463262

This changes everything.
>>
>>50463025
You can't post PDFs on /d/, mate.
>>
File: escapism.png (2MB, 1050x2050px) Image search: [Google]
escapism.png
2MB, 1050x2050px
>>
>>50460981
Would nullification also remove enchantments on weapons/armor? I would think it would only nullify an attempt to enchant something, rather than an existing enchantment? The enchantment skill is in weaponry, not magic, if that matters.
>>
>>50463552

Let's see

>nullifies and deteriorates any type of magic

Yes.
>>
>>50460691
Does anyone have any combat CYOA's? I'm in the mood after playing TTG 2.
>>
>>50460913
>Its just me and ship, why would I wear any pants to begin with?

I bet your ship doesn't want every seat to smell like ass.

Unless you give her a scat fetish or something.
>>
>>50463386
This is wrong. PDFs are posted regularly in homebrew threads.
>>
>>50461827
If you include PVP then just ignore the pvp aspect and try to give it a regulated value of survival that players can calculate.

The problem with the culling is that it takes a huge implication and reduces it into a single sentence, you could probably turn that single option into a cyoa in its own right.
>>
>>50463905
>This is wrong. PDFs are posted regularly in homebrew threads.
...there are homebrew threads on /d/?
>>
>>50460691
>Hunter (+3 Stat points, STR, DEF, DEF)
>Physical (Tempered, Willpower, Toughness, Flurry, Sixth Sense, Iron Mass, Martial Arts)
>Spiritual (One with Nature, Monster within, Fleet-footed, Incarnation)
>Weaponry (Bladed Arms, Ancient Weapon, Stamina)

Monsters
>Tiger
>Wolf

Danger
>Ancient

r8 my build mates
>>
>>50463951
There's an updated version further down the thread. Also you spent none of your TP. Was this intentional?
>>
>>50463933
My bad. I realized I misread that after posting. Opened thread and skipped to bottom.
>>
>>50463951
no TP spent, no final stats written out, no strategy. you didnt even spend all your skillpoints. i r8 0.8/8 m8
>>
>>50461818
>>50461901
>>50461939

I have 13 Int and lots of things that boost spell power, so I don't think my spells are to easy to nullify.

>>50461825

I don't go to any of the hangouts, so why do you think you'd find info about me there?

>>50461885
>>50461869

Ew no.

>>50461510

No! I didn't say anything like that! I just want to slay dragons and stuff!
>>
>>50462639
I've seen some shit, anon.
Think extendable fleshlight
>>
>>50461724
>I know I know it is a waste long term but most hunters die in their first year.
So are skill points and stat points in all likelihood. Unless you think you can't get stronger or learn new skills over the years...
>>
File: 1461018847402.jpg (124KB, 570x446px) Image search: [Google]
1461018847402.jpg
124KB, 570x446px
>>50463529

>Custom World

>Reincarnation
>Melancholy

>Compendium
>Love Interest
>Home

Just live out eternity in a gloomy gothic world of my own creation, without memory, time, or worry. Sharing the millenia with my true love, forever wrapped up in each other and in the beautiful but dark emotions of our little world.
>>
>>50464317
would you actually want that? like if you had the chance between your real life and this custom existence, right now?
>>
>>50461827
The problem with including PvP is that it completely takes over the CYOA. There's always at least one asshole who designs his build not to participate in the CYOA, but just to fuck with other people. So now you have to take PvP into consideration when making your build, and at that point, you might as well participate if there's any rewards at all. Of course, that just makes a PvP build even more important, because now everyone's got a murderboner.
>>
>>50462195
Yeah, I'm working on it. I'm at 21 of the currently planned 26 races. Then I'll do equipment and it should be presentable.
>>
>>50464364
Well, duh. Anon specified no worries or time, implying you'd get to live forever as opposed to slowly breaking down before ceasing to exists. Sounds like a no brainer.
>>
>>50462742
I think the best one would be the Monster of the Week CYOA. That one is amazing.
>>
>>50464452
Yeah but you're on stasis right? nothing changes. it's not really "life".
>>
>>50464406
Remember that a CYOA (I'm most cases) has 0 gameplay beyond character creation and their build has no impact on yours.
>>
>>50464364
Yes. I think I would. Just an eternity of darkness and beautiful feels with the love of my life.
>>
>>50464490
Exactly. We're never going to even get to the PvP anyways, so what's the point in having it cast a shadow over the entire character creation process? Having that hanging over, worrying about character viability nonstop, is a complete killjoy and for what? That's why sloppily-done PvP in a CYOA is, m'thinks, all risk and no reward.
>>
File: Populations.png (138KB, 628x932px) Image search: [Google]
Populations.png
138KB, 628x932px
>>50464445
That's a lot of races.
>>
>>50464616
yo where my jews at? isn't this missing a lot of ethnic groups?
>>
>>50464616
I don't like how races are only ever off-brands of human and have very little impact on the character, so I'm giving them all a lot of unique abilities so that race can take over the traditional role of class. Also, I'm including everything from tiny fairies to elves to scylla to AI to make them feel more unique.
>>
>>50464616
>Japanese and Korean
>closer to Europeans than Chinese and Thai
Man, you think you know the world you live in...
>>
>>50464608
But because it has no real impact, then how is it looking overhead? It is literally a line of fluff that shouldn't matter.
>>
>>50464659
It's missing a lot, there are actually several races of chinese that it doesn't have, one what would be closer to the europeans. Though I think it's avoiding where races are known to have mixed.
>>
File: 1477617530836.jpg (57KB, 728x635px) Image search: [Google]
1477617530836.jpg
57KB, 728x635px
Order CYOA when?
>>
>>50464708
Because making a character poorly optimized for something like the Culling is much the same as making a character with a terminal illness and several months to live. True, we're not actually going to play out our unpleasant cancer deaths, but it definitely ruins a lot of the fun of character creation and forces our hand when building.
>>
>>50460921
Let's kill monsters together and then fuck, okay?
>>
>>50464791
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Order+CYOA
>>
>>50464799
At what point are you garunteed to die? Plus you can always:
A) Ignore it. I don't quite do this (because I think the culling doesn't matter), but some small event doesn't stop me from making a character I enjoy.
B) Buy your way out. Too bad so sad it's expensive. There is an option that makes your complain null and void.
>>
>>50464799
>What is Exempt
And don't try to say it's too expensive; people are buying Servants as expensive as it.
>>
>>50464902
C) Pick up a Wurm Soul or Leviathan Soul, and stop worrying about the Culling.
>>
>>50464864

>Let's kill monsters together

Ok!

>and then fuck.

Uhm, I don't really know you.....
>>
>>50464902
Or
C) Build a character that can hold their own in a Culling, even though it's not quite the theme you want to go for. Concept unnecessarily distorted because of something that'll never play out. This is what most people are going to do when presented this choice, in my experience.

That's the problem with, as I mentioned, sloppily-implemented PvP. It's not that players can't handle it. Rather, everyone is forced to distort their concepts and builds around it for no real gain. I can build a character that'll fare just fine, but it's more the unhealthy effect on the gamestate I'm concerned about.
>>
>>50464962
Literally all of the options given for skills allow you to survive. You're acting like it makes People choose different builds, but every single skill is combat oriented, so it's not like it's making anyone switch anything around.
>>
>>50464898
It hasn't been done Italics hasn't finished it
>>
>>50464962
See >>50465042 and >>50464939
There are 1000 ways to avoid The Culling. Your build shouldn't have to change. It's more important to figure out how your character, with the build you've chosen, will survive.
>>
>>50464959
One out of two isn't bad.
>>
=CLASS | NOBLE=

=ATTRIBUTES=
-Strength - [3]
-Defense - [2]
-Agility - [6]
-Intelligence - [5]
-Handling - [7]

=BLESSING | +1 Skill Point=

=SKILLS=
-Magical:
+[Tier I | Fire]
+[Tier II | Arcane | +1 Intelligence]
+[Tier II | Lightning]
+[Tier III | Blink]
+[Tier III | Combine | +1 Intelligence] +[Tier IV | Time Warp | +3 Agility]

-Spiritual:
+[Tier I | Bloodlust | +1 Strength]
+[Tier II | Monster Within]
+[Tier III | Hybrid]

-Weaponry:
+[Tier I | Bladed Arms | +1 Handling] +[Tier II | Ancient Weapon]
+[Tier II | Enchantment | +1 Intelligence]
+[Tier II | Self Repair]
+[Tier III | Stamina]
+[Tier III | All-Seeing Eye]
+[Tier III | Charge Up | +1 Handling]

-Ethereal:
+[Tier I | Indomitable | +1 Strength]
+[Tier II | Unleash | +1 Handling]
+[Tier III | Telepathy]

=BOUNTIES=
-Kraken - [+40 TP | Level 4 Threat]
-Strange - [+50 TP | Level 5 Threat]
-Dragon - [+50 TP | Level 5 Threat]

=PERSONA=
+[Physiology - Strange | -5 TP]

=RESOURCES=
+[Forge | -10 TP | Provision]
+[Library | -10 TP | Provision]
+[Healing | -5 TP | Service]
+[Training | -5 TP | Service]
+[Fortune | -5 TP | Service]
+[Scavenging | -5 TP | Service]
+[Diner | -5 TP | Luxury]
+[Bar | -5 TP | Luxury]
+[Hot Springs | -5 TP | Luxury]
+[Club | -5 TP | Hangout]
+[Bounty | -5 TP | Hangout]
+[Gambling | -5 TP | Hangout]
+[Underground | -5 TP | Hangout]
+[Upper | -40 TP | Accomodation]
+[Servant - Dragon | -20 TP | Servant]
+[Attitude | -5 TP | Servant]
+[Knowledge | -5 TP | Servant]
>>
>>50463529
Setting: strange land
Moods: adventure and melancholy
bounses: fellowship, home and compendium
>>
>>50465330
I really like the idea of using combine on Blink and Time Warp. I feel like I could have dropped lightning for something else though.
>>
>>50460981
Class: Warrior

Physical:
Tempered (19)
Toughness (18)
Martial Arts (17)
Willpower (16)
Flurry (15)
Athletics (14)
Enhanced (13)
Shockwaves (12)
One With Nature (11)
Bloodlust (10)
Monster Within (9)
Killer Instinct (8)
Blunt Arms (7)
Ancient Weapon (6)
Stamina (5)
Charge Up (4)
Indominable (3)
Pocketing (2)
Recall (1)
Blessed (0)

Pow: 9
Def: 6
Spd: 5
Int: 2
Skl: 5

Gift: Leviathan Soul (High)

>>50460997
Licenses: Sunken Ruins, Sunken Desert (115)

>>50461017
Forge (100)
Library (90)
Alchemy (80)
Market (70)
Healing (65)
Training (60)
Scavenging (55)
Diner (50)
Bar (45)
Hot Springs (40)
Festival (35)
Club (30)
Low Accommodations (10)

Underwater gimmick build, based on the strategy I posited in >>50464939. First season I'll warm up in the Coast, then I'll go swimming. During the Culling, I'll just stick exclusively to the water - good luck catching me when I'm camped out under the sea.
>>
>>50463529
>SETTING: Wonderland

This is my prison. I will learn to love it. I will have no choice but to love it, when it is through with me. This is my Hell, and soon enough it will be my Heaven. That much was made clear to me. I must ask, though...

>THEMES: Cuteness/Reincarnation

Why did they choose this look?

>BOONS: Love Interest, Village, Fellowship

Ah, I see. To keep me here. To make sure I can never escape. To make sure that I'm part of the security for the next damned soul to fall here.

I can feel it starting already~...
>>
>>50465160
I am not against the culling but it is disingenuous to say it does not alter peoples builds. I have made a bunch of MH builds and the culling is always at the forefront of my mind in making decisions and they would indeed be different if there was no culling. That is not beneficially bad but it is what happens. CYOAs present a situation and we use the options we have to deal with it as best we can. PVP is not unique in this respect ethier, if aliens are going to invade (or any other sort of situation) I will indeed alter my choices to face it and depending on the setting I may be satisfied or disappointed with the whole thing.
>>
File: 1392353797269.png (507KB, 720x524px) Image search: [Google]
1392353797269.png
507KB, 720x524px
>>50460886
> Xenos > Forever Front
> There is only so much you can do in a digital space so practicing squad based tactics irl is preferable.
>>
>>50465551
Why not just spend ten points to have a private island? Then you don't even have to consider other players.
>>
>>50464248
I was namely lamenting the loss of the extra skill point. I do believe all the stats can be raised long term but skill point have to be much rarer lest people get all the skills.
>>
>>50465551
Consider being creative on the other end. Disregard the Culling whole building the character, then determine how they would act during the Culling using the skills given. I think the Culling is as bad as players make it. If someone wants to sperg and alter their build around it, they may do so. But if another views it as a mild annoyance at most, it is unlikely to feature much impact. Especially when the PvP is theoretical (because in the end there is no game).
>>
>>50465593
Probably, but at the same time, there's also no guarantee you're going to come across a high-grade monster soul and survive killing the monster to acquire it any sooner than you're going to learn one of those rare new skills.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 733x1089px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 733x1089px
>>50460981
--CLASS--
>Warrior
--SKILLS--
>Physical:
-Toughness (1)
-Martial Arts (2)
-Willpower (3)
-Athletics (4)
-Flurry (5)
-Enhanced (6)
-Shockwaves (7)
-Iron Mass (10)
-Overdrive (13)
-Nullification (16)
-Tempered (17)
-Willpower (18)
>Spiritual:
-Bloodlust (19)
-Soul Spirit (20)
--BLESSING--
>+3 STR
--BOUNTIES--
>Dragon
>Wurm
>Behemoth
>120 Favor
--PERSONA--
>Age: 25 (115)
>Beauty (110)
--RESOURCES--
>Training (105)
>Healing (100)
>Scavenging (95)
>Bar (90)
>Club (85)
>Bounty (80)
>Underground (75)
>Club (70)
>Upper Class Home (30)
>Servant: Strange (15)
>Servant Appearance (10)
>Servant Attitude: Tsundere (5)
>Servant Knowledge (0)
STR 10, 15 in overdrive
DEF 4, 9 in Iron Mass
AGL 5, 10 in overdrive
INT 1
SKL 3
>>
>>50462042
>thinking CYOAnons can't enjoy working together
You're, like, new here, right?
>>
>>50461818
>>50465627
So how are you planning to survive in Overdrive?
>>
>>50465705
What do you mean?
>>
>>50465588
That option does not make the culling go away. But to get technical on you that counts as changing my build anyway.

>>50465594
"sperg and alter their build"

That's just insulting. Everyone builds around the scenario given, if that scenario includes the motherfucking purge/hunger games but everyone is already a badass we are going to build for it.

I might add I know exactly what I would do differently if their was no culling, it averages out to about 2 skills and a different welcoming blessing. And while the non-culling builds would have a good chance and maybe I should just go with them, I can't ignore that the culling changes increase my odds of living significantly. I am not against the culling, but it is a big part of the setting and should be respected in building our characters like any other circumstance in a cyoa.
>>
>>50465619
Well I did take the guaranteed soul for that reason.

Once I have resources though getting any kind of soul will be easier than getting a skill point. If I had the money I would go down to Bounty and hire 20 veterans to help me find and kill any monster I needed.
>>
>>50465723
Overdrive rips you up when you use it. If you don't have Healing, Recall, or healing potions, you're probably going to end up getting eaten by a monster when you're injured after a fight. Bloodlust might help, but I doubt it'll heal you as fast as Overdrive kills you.
>>
>>50460981
May as well repost my build:
>Sorcerer
>Skill Point

>Catalysts 20
>>Arcane 19
>>>Detect Magic 18
>>>Combine 17
>>>>Gravity Warp 14
>>>>Barriers 11

>One With Nature 10
>>Monster Soul 9
>>Binding 8

>Marksmanship 7
>>Enchanting 6

>Indomitable 5
>Recall 4
>>Blessed 3
>>>>Psionic 0

STR •• (2)
DEF ••••••• (7)
AGI ••• (3)
INT •••••••••• (10)
SKI ••• (3)

>Twilight Ruins
>Ancient Desert

THT ••••••••• (9)
TRB 115

>Gender 110
>Beauty 105
>Exempt 80

>Library 70
>Market 60
>Healing 55
>Training 50
>Scavenging 45
>Diner 40
>Bar 35
>Hot Springs 30
>Club 25
>Underground 20
>Inn 10

Pretty comfy trap build: spend the first few weeks learning enough to not die, then make quota by setting trap lines a few times a season. Scavengers should be able to bring the filled traps back so I can kill, enslave, or sell the monsters without me going back out or other hunters stealing my game.
Something I'd need to do is get a bodyguard (enslaved, teamed up with, or hired) to protect me from unexpected attacks while I cast my array of potent spells.

Anyone have any thoughts on how it could be better? I wanted Hybrid and the sweet, sweet +3 INT boon, but there wasn't any room for them in the build - Enchantment's necessary for permanent bindings and magical weapons, Detect Magic and Combine are both very useful, and each of the T3 skills covers an attacking and trapping niche.

Also, does Gender allow hermaphrodite/futa?
>>
>>50465822
I have the healing service and I can just have my servant bring me there.
>>
>>50465853
Also I'm pretty sure I can still fight after my muscles are ripped up, it'll just hurt like hell.
>>
>>50465731
I mean, technically it doesn't make the Culling go away... But it explicitly says you get your own private island, so all you need to do is pop in and go camping and you'll be completely safe.

Well, safe from other Hunters.
>>
>>50465873
I don't think you can skip the culling on your island
>>
>>50465841
What array of potent spells? You really ought to pick up some form of elemental magic, otherwise your only offensive magic is Gravity. I'm not sure that's going to work.
>>
>>50465884
I don't see why not. The whole point of a private island is not having to deal with players for good or ill. No teamwork, but also no competition or PvP.
>>
I just wanted to let you guys know that this post >>50456322 was not actually me.
>>
>>50465955
Why not? Because anything is allowed in the culling so they could just go to your private dimension, and also because there would be no reason for exempt to be an option if there is a cheaper option that both lets you stay away from the culling AND gives you a private realm.
>>
>>50465731
I contemplated changing the wording. I meant that builds that hyperfocus on the Culling and are made by the same people that sit en thread and complain about how awful he Culling is and how it needs to be removed. My apologies for being unclear.
>>
>>50466020
I just wanted to say what this post was not actually me.
>>
File: 1477799546429.jpg (53KB, 256x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477799546429.jpg
53KB, 256x375px
>>50466050
I am explicitly pro-culling, though.

>>50465873
>Well, safe from other Hunters.
Not anymore, faggot.
>>
>>50466028
You're assuming they have a way to get there, as opposed to just going back to their own Island.

Anyway, my assumption is that it's more expensive because teamwork is that worth it. Imagine being one of those poor fools who picked Dragons as one of their Bounties, and now have to bring back a Dragon during their first season. They're probably going to die screaming. You're a lot more likely to survive if you team up with some other people who decided to hunt dragons, and make sure you all fill your quotas by switching off killing blows. Or hiring a Veteran to help teach you during the actual hunting process. Or all the other useful aspects of having things that aren't just monsters present.
>>
>>50466098
SDA confirmed for using a murderape Culling build?
>>
File: worms.png (878KB, 1024x513px) Image search: [Google]
worms.png
878KB, 1024x513px
>>50460981
WARRIOR

Blessing: Stats +3, 2 to defense 1 to fast
Skills:
Physical: Tempered, Willpower, Enhanced, Overdrive, Toughness, Flurry, Sixth Sense, Martial Arts, Athletics. Nullification

Magicks: Fuck magic
Spiritual: Fuck Nature
Ethereal: Fuck this flavor of magic too

Weaponry: Blunt arms, Ancient Weapon, self repair, all seeing eye, stamina, charge up

Final Stats
Strength: 6, 11 when overdrived
Defense: 6
Fast: 5, 10 when overdrived
Magic: 1
Skill: 5

Bounties:
WORMS +40
WATER WORMS (leviathan) +30
SKY WORMS (Dragon) +50
120 god-bucks total

Persona: Beauty, Exempt (NO FIGHT PEOPLE, ONLY WORMS)

Resources; Forge Library, Alchemy, Market, Healing, Training, Scavenging, Diner, Bar, Club, Low Housing

I hunt worms
>>
>>50464248
That's why I go tribute points. Access to more resources in my down time. I don't want to change my license areas because I choose what I do based on how cool it would be to explore.

And to afford my Strange waifu.
>>
>>50466124
yes
>>
How long do you think it takes to charge Gravity Warp? Working on a melee oriented build that uses strength through the roof, gets in the air, and rockets into monsters below, increasing speed and power further with gravity Warp and overdrive
>>
>>50466034
Thank you for the clarification.

Although where there is pvp there are pvp builds and we can't fault that. We don't know if its the same people though.

I personally think in any pvp situation (cyoa or otherwise) there are three groups of people, those that really like it, those that really hate it, and those that are in the middle. Most people are in the latter but the other two groups interactions break down and any adjustment is guaranteed to piss off one or the other.
>>
>>50466151
Neat. Wait. How do I know you're the REAL SDA? I've heard there are some FAKES going around.
>>
Page 1/2.
>>
>>50466194
Page 2/2.
>>
>>50460921
>More evidence that sorceresses do in fact store magic in their tits.
>>
>>50466181
Wholly agreed. I think the group that expresses hate tends to get zeroed in on because they advocate change where 2/3rds of others have either no reason to see it removed or a preference for keeping it.
>>
>>50466194
Love
Beauty
Advancement
Urban Fantasy
Immortality
Malakim
Mirror, Mirror
Protagonist

I'd like to add Magical Adventure, but fuck the Renaissance. So I'll be happy with our high-tech society, along with the occasional vampire, werewolf, and monster - and, of course, my guardian angel.
>>
>>50466207
Yea.

There is a point though where the pvpers get too much and the situation reverses. In general though it is as you said. I does not stop the pvpers from thinking they are neglected all the time though.
>>
>>50466098
>>50466151
Quiet, Sandra, nobody wants to cull your bumhole.
>>
>>50466112
I really think only the exemption works. The "season off" could be used on the culling as well in your logic.
>>
>>50466337
>The "season off" could be used on the culling as well in your logic.
It can, since there are no restrictions on which seasons it works for.
>>
>>50466193
I am SDA!
>>
>>50461455
>>50461310
>magical protection
>not wanting to forcefully impregnate Angel in her mary sue sexy sorceress form
>>
>>50466386
The wherecis your TRIP?
>>
>>50466034
TBF, I don't think the Culling is inherently flawed. I just think it's...poorly implemented in the current CYOA with balance what it is, which forces some obnoxious building. Nullification isn't that strong for PvE. But for PvP, it is so game-distortingly strong that any magic-heavy character simply has to account for it during design. I've been advocating removal because that seems a lot easier than rebalancing or increased Culling infrastructure from the author.
>>50466181
I'm someone who's definitely in the middle. I don't mind stuff like it in most systems, but in this particular setting (largely because of Nullification), the existence of PvP makes a lot of skills much weaker. Barrier is the strongest example to my mind. Barrier, a high-investment top-tier skill for PvE, is completely worthless against melee PvPers. Which, from what I've been seeing, is most PvPers. Magic offense is also compromised by that one skill, meaning Sorcerer type characters have to massively diversify or invest in ways to GTFO.

So I'm completely fine with PvP in a game that feels set up for PvP. This, on the other hand, feels like a really cool system with PvP awkwardly slapped on as a major game feature.
>>
>>50460981
*Character

Noble
P 2
D 2
A 10
M 4
S 9

21SP
-Physical
Martial-Arts
Flurry
Athletics
Enhanced

-Magical
Fire
Lightning
Arcane
Blink
Time

-Weaponry
Marksmanship
Echantement
Ancient Weapon
Stamina
All-Seeing Eye
Ancient Will

-Ethereal
Pocketing
Premonition

*Licences
Ancient Mountain (50)
Ancient Ruins (50)

*Persona/Resources
Exempt
Forge
Library
Alchemy
Training
Scavenging
Low Housing
15 TP left

Basically, stay out of range of everything with high speed, stamina, jumps, blinks and the occasional time stop, and shoot a metric crapton of lightning arrows at the softest parts of their bodies.
Physical skils are to ensure I can shoot arrows fast and keep footing in difficult areas.
Magical to ensure that those arrows actually hurt (low strength) and course time for tricks.
Weaponry is essentially the core of the build.
And Ethereal is mostly for the pocketing, don't have any form of healing so I'll need easy access to healing potions and course a metric crapton of arrows.

Licenses for places where that mobility can actually be used and big or small, monsters that get a hit in will likely end me anyways so might as well make'm big.
And exempt, well I don't think this build would function all to well against dedicated PvP'rs
>>
>>50465912
>Arcane has Magic Missile ripoffs
>Gravity can launch shit at monsters, lift them off the ground, throw them against things...
>Barriers can just trap people
>Psionics can deal mental damage
A wide enough spread I'll never be useless, and can instantly beat anybody with shit INT, no flight, OR no way to escape Forcecage.
>>
>>50466412
It isn't a major feature though. Is it part of the setting? Yes. Are there ways around it? Also yes. I think that it is blown out of proportion. A mage character is plenty safe during the Culling if they're intelligent. And if they don't feel comfortable/safe, they can do with one less waifu in their harem to buy protection.
>>
>>50466456
nobody is safe during the culling, there's always a stealthy character with nullification you're likely to overlook
>>
>>50466412
Nullification is indeed a huge pvp concern. I know people have said it is not the instant you lose button some people make it out to be but that's not the issue. Running away is the only real strategy and any stealthy type melee character could get the jump on you (so you end up getting something to avoid that).

You mentioned something else really important. An over abundance of melee builds as a result of the culling. Melee is really good for the culling but ranged is better for the overall setting so making a build can be tricky.
>>
>>50466489
Unless you buy a pass, or do something like buy a private island then proceed to build it up with tons of defenses, etc. And just because there are murderapists like SDA doesn't mean they'll actually be coming for you specifically.
>>
>>50460981
class:warrior
blessing:+1 skill point
physical:tempered, toughness, willpower, flurry, enhanced, sixth sense
spiritual:one with nature, bloodlust, monster within, killer instinct, hybrid, twin divide
weaponry:bladed arms, ancient weapon, stamina, all-seeing eye
ethereal:indomitable, blessed, intangible
7 strength
6 defense
3 agility
1 intelligence
4 skill
licenses:desert, coast, ancient
forge, market, healing, training, scavenging, festival, club, gambling, middle
for my monster souls I'd ideally like to track down a hydra, behemoth, and phoenix and switch between them as the severity of the situation warrants.
>>
>>50466509
Not SDA by the way I just like messing with people.
>>
>>50466509
So you aceept that is the game and make a balanced build or one that does things well. The end. I'm glad we reached this concise and poignant conclusions in a timely and reasonable manner.
>>
>>50466454
I think you've overestimated some of your skills. Indominable's a strong protection against psychic, and shockwaves or thrown weapons can deal with flight. You might be able to keep people in barriers, but enough power and they can break out.

Anyway, you've got a better blend than I thought, but I still think a bit of fire or ice would make it much better. After all, why go with force barriers when you can make fire barriers?
>>
>>50466194
You know, there was once a time where I thought I could've made the place work a lot more efficiently if I had that kind of power.

Then I found out why entropy needs to be a thing. Turns out we might not have TIME without it. Still dunno why lifeforms have to lose 90% of their energy intake to it, but I've since learned it's better to assume the one in the big chair knows what they're doing.

So now apparently I'm in the big chair, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Welp.

>AFFECTS EVERYONE: Beauty, Love, Urban Fantasy

>AFFECTS ONLY ME: Mirror, Mirror, Malakhim

Of course, the fact that this is even happening has shaken my entire worldview up quite a bit, but I'm sure I won't go mad from the revelation, right? Because that would be a narrative cop-out and I know whoever's the author is a better writer than this, right?
>>
>>50466510
given that there's 30 days of murder-rape I'm going to assume you'll meet at least a few murder-rapists

well unless you buy yourself an exemption
>>
>>50466519
>>50466509
>>50466523
I am the actual SDA and I agree with this SDA.
>>
File: 1464807551613.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1464807551613.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>50466561
what if everyone is SDA
>>
>>50466561
Would the real SDA please stand up. Please stand up. Please stand up.
>>
>>50466523
Yes the end. If you go magic you should buy the exemption every year lest you end up murder raped like Angel. Mages should skip the culling.
>>
>>50466602
Stands up...
>>
>>50460981
I fine tuned my build and fixed a missing prerequisite. Details coming later.

>Noble

Stat Bonus: Strength +2, Skill +1

Strength: 7
Defense: 4
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 5
Skill: 8

>Physical
T1: Martial Arts
T2: Willpower, Athletics
T3: Enhanced, Shockwaves

>Magical
T1: Water
T2: Arcane, Frost
T3: Blink, Combine

>Spiritual
T1: One with Nature
T2: Binding, Soul Spirit

>Weaponry
T1: Blunt Arms
T2: Ancient Weapon
T3: Stamina, Charge Up

>Ethereal
T1: Indomnitable
T2: Blessed
T3: Telepathy

>Licences
Ancient Forest (35)
Twilight Ruins (85)

>Persona
Physiology (80)

>Resources
Alchemy (70)
Healing (65)
Scavenging (60)
Diner (55)
Festival (50)
Club (45)
Low (25)
Servant (10)
Appearance (5)
Attitude (0)
>>
>>50460981
How to survive the culling:

>Class: These
>Physical: do
>Magical: not
>Weaponry: even
>Ethereal: matter.

Str: These
Def: do
Agi: not
Int: matter
Skl: either.

But these do:
>Spiritual: Some T1 Ability, Monster Within, Some T3 Ability, Incarnation
>Blessing: Monster Soul (High) (Phoenix)

>turn into a phoenix
>you're now literally impossible to kill permanently, since the full power Phoenix doesn't have a limit on resurrections
gg, no re
>>
There's always the secret option to surviving the culling, which is making friends with people and presenting a set of useful skills that'll help them survive if you're alive. Nullification isn't very useful when someone's pounding you into the nearest cliffside with Overdrive, knowing they can get healed up by their friendly mage as soon as they wipe your brains off their fists.
>>
>>50466701
>not having overdrive and nullification
step it up
>>
>>50466681
Where does it say that "the full power Phoenix doesn't have a limit on resurrections"?
>>
>>50466456
Iunno, I think we disagree on the definition of Major Features. It's the only actual event of the entire setting. Hell, it might be the only time you ever see other players/hunters in the entire setting--that part is a little vague. The Culling is, as I understand, annual and it's the biggest and only Hunter meeting of any size that exists. I would feel pretty free to pick Exemption if there were more stuff in the world, but from what we've been told this is like THE event of the year. Everybody who's anybody seems to be there. Prom, the Academy Awards, and the Hunger Games rolled into one. To miss out on it is to miss out on a lot--and to let the murderhoborapists have free reign.

And yes, a mage who's smart can be pretty safe if they work twice as hard as a non-mage and build a bunch of culling-specific contingencies into their build. There are undeniable balance issues for mages. Not insurmountable, but nasty.

>>50466509
Exactly. It may not be an insta-lose button but it can easily be an insta "75% of your kit doesn't work, hope you brought contingencies" button that distorts PvP. The entire meta is warped around the Culling because of its implementation.
>>50466681
It seems pretty safe to say Hunters have some way of dealing with Phoenixes, no? Now with Wurm or Leviathan, on the other hand...
>>
>>50466616
the idea of all mages just sipping their tea and discussing all sorts of matters arcane and hunting in the comfort of the city while all the melee hunters are busy murder-raping eachother is kinda hilarious

at least one of them is bound to comment on how dreadfully barbaric the practice is, preferably in an english accent
>>
>>50466581
If Tiamat wants us to be the best sluts ever, why doesn't he give us unlimited points? Anything else seems counter intuitive.
>>
>>50466628
Y'all act like you never seen a CYOA creator before

(remember? it's from the song? but I changed some of the words to make it applicable to SDA? ha ha ha?)
>>
>>50466367
No, it can't, because nothing is off limits in the culling except exempt people.
>>
>>50466681
well, they can keep you chained up and go hard on the torture until you willingly turn back into a human and end it all
the wizard would probably shower them with gold for pulling that trick
>>
>>50466737
Then they outlast you, because they could afford Iron Mass and you couldn't, and then they finish you off when you run out of Nullification and their mage starts healing them.
>>
>>50466790
>>50465627
Good thing then, cause I have all three.
>>
>>50466759
I bet they even have a club, that meets year round telling noobs to get the exemption.
>>
>>50460981

Start: Noble

Blessing: 3 Stat points
STR: =
DEF: ==
AGI: ====== He's fast!
ARC:==
SKL: ====

Skills:

Physical
>T1 Martial arts
>T2 Athletics
>T2 Willpower
>T3 Enhanced
>T3 Sixth Sense
>T4 Nullification

Some skills to compensate for my 1 attack stat. Enhanced, 6 speed, and Sixth Sense will aid in evading attacks. Nullification is because I hate magic.

Magic
>T1 Water
>T2 Arcane
>T3 Blink
>T3 Detect Magic

Blink is OP, that's only why I'm here. Also took Detect Magic on the way out, because those magical sources need to be stomped out and detected before they could be utilized.

Weaponry
>T1 Bladed Arms
>T2 Ancient Weapon
>T3 Stamina
>T3 All-Seeing Eye

Swords are cool. Stamina helps me stay in the fight longer, and All-Seeing Eye will be another tool from evasion

Ethereal
>T1 Indomitable
>T1 Recall
>T2 Blessed
>T3 Telepathy

Indomitable to prevent mind corruption. Recall and Telepathy so that I am rewarded for letting a fight drag on

Bounties:

>Fox
>Phoenix
>Strange

To be honest only the Fox seems in my league. I don't really know how Nullification would affect the rest. Maybe Phoenix doesn't burn as hot and Strange reveals its true form, and subsequently its weaknesses. Hopefully Willpower and Indomitable prevent me from going mad upon seeing it.

100 Tribute:
>First row. Very important.
>Healing
>Training
>Diner
>Hot Springs
>Inn
>The entire slave row, give me a Strange.

I'll spend lots of time in the library trying to understand my enemies, taking note of weaknesses that I can exploit. Once I've learned of those, I'll collect the required tools from the facilities. Spend some time training with the veterans. Then when I'm tired I'll go to the Hot Springs and have a meal. If I'm still tired I'll take out my stress on the hot submissive human form slave, but I'll make sure to listen to what she has to say about the Strange.
>>
>>50466811
Then they kill you with Bloodlust, Poison, Charge Up, or some other combination of skills that they could afford and you couldn't because you spent three points on Nullification instead of something useful during the other five seasons.
>>
>>50466761
Author has not finished it yet.
>>
>>50466844
Except they won't, because I would be teaming up with other people and not trying to solo everything and everyone
>>
>>50466831
and all the culling specialists keep yelling NEEEEEERD at them
>>
>>50466747
It doesn't, I'm just extrapolating since it says that the basic power you get from it with Monster Within "normally" only allows you to reincarnate once a year, while going full Phoenix using Incarnation isn't a normal case and therefore not subject to the same limitations.

>>50466755
Well, they're still killed, so the hunter would still gets his rewards even though they reincarnate.

>>50466779
>chaining up a bird of literal fire

And then there are the other 16 skill points, which can be spent on skills to avoid such scenarios . . .

I also doubt anyone would want to dive into the lava deeps of a Molten Volcano in order to retrieve the Phoenix.
>>
>>50466864
And so would they. And they're better at it than you, because you had to spring for the murderboner special instead of spending those skills on something more practical.
>>
>>50466832
cullingfodder/10
>>
>>50466875
>diving into volcanoes
not gonna work, lava isn't water mate, its still fucking stone and given you're now made of something less substantial than flesh there's no way you can do anything other than bounce off it
or failing that run out of oxygen and be stuck in a neverending state of drowning followed by resurrection
>>
>>50466885
How is a strong defense and offense a murderboner special? You don't have an actual point, you know.
>>
>>50466913
Then I'll just take one with nature, which leaves me with 16 unspent SP.
So what's your next complaint?
>>
>>50466920
My original point was that Teamwork beats any specialized anti-Culling build, and you're not the Culling God you think you are. Currently, it's that you're wasting three points on Nullification for 40 days out of the year at the expense of the other 440.
>>
>>50466889

The idea for culling is to hope they don't have Overdrive, popular as it may be. The build focuses on dealing sustained damage, hit and run tactics. Well played bursts of power are my weakness.

That means if I find someone too strong for me to best, I'll just Blink and dash out of there. If they do take the bait, especially if someone wastes Overdrive and doesn't succeed catching the character, they can just be whittled down while they're recovering from the exhaustion. Sixth Sense helps in preparing for dangers like that.
>>
File: walk the dinosaur.png (756KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
walk the dinosaur.png
756KB, 1920x1080px
>>50462788
>That scramble to throw some clothes on for the first time in months when we get hailed by one of the neighbors.

>>50462742
Would a dragon man do?
>>
>>50466533
It's a good enough distribution for me - I do have Exempt, after all.
Even if I didn't, you'd need soneone with Indomitable (or high Int) to deal with Psionic, some way to deal with Barrier boxes, flight AND high Strength (or their own Gravity) to break both Gravity lifts and pins, high Defense or Agility to not get pulped by projectiles, and either flight or pretty damn good ranged attacks to get me when I'm flying and have barriers up... To take more than one spell to beat.
With Exempt, the only creature I'm weak to is a Dragon, and that's true for everyone.

And besides, what skills would I drop for them?
>>
>>50463255
Shit I've been doing it wrong too, actually makes is much simpler.
>>
>>50460981
Revamped and updated bomb build.

Class: Noble
Blessings: +2 SPD/+1 INT

[19]Physical:
Toughness [+1 DEF]

[16]Magical:
Catalyst [+1 SKL]
Arcane [+1 INT]
Detect Magic

[12]Spiritual:
One With Nature [+1 DEF]
Monster Within/Binding [+1 INT]
Killer Instinct

[04]Weaponry:
Marksmanship [+1 SPD]
Ancient Weapon [+1 SKL]/Enchantment [+1 INT]/Self-Repair
All-Seeing Eye
Skull Weaponry

[00]Ethereal
Indomitable [+1 STR]/Recall [+1 INT]/Pocketing [+1 SPD]
Unleash [+1 SKL]

Stats:
STR:2
DEF:4
SPD:7
INT:7
SKL:7

Primary Weapon: Legendary Bolt Action Sniper Rifle
Secondary Weapon: Knives, bombs, more bombs, so many bombs.
Utility tools: Magic Staff with detachable axe, pickaxe and shovel heads

Bounty Type: License
Desert (+45 Tribute/Threat level 3)
Twilight Desert (+65 Tribute/Threat Level 5)

Resources:
[070]Forge/Library/Alchemy/Market
[055]Healing/Training/Scavenging
[050]Bar
[045]Underground
>>
>>50466990
Cant do magic escapee shit when they have nullification to which most builds are. If you aint gonna min max give up the sex slave and sit out the culling
>>
>>50467056
The game plan is largely the same, hunt and live off the desert and later on twilight desert in order to prepare for the Culling, settling near a oasis for easy fresh water access.

I have taken all the vision skills; killer Instinct, all-Seeing eye and detect magic, this means there is absolutely no way for anyone to catch me off guard because I have 360 degree vision, a zoom-in function, can see in the night, can see through barriers and even see their blood as well see and trace magical energies.
Detect magic also allows me to detect magical binding traps and avoid them. Having this much situational awareness combined with a legendary bolt action sniper rifle from ancient weapon combined with skull weaponry allows me snipe monsters and substantially out range bow and magic using hunters in relative safety, preferably as far as 2km away if not farther.

In addition I plan to study at the library and figure out a means to combine arcane and magical binding techniques to capture monster souls for external storage, this way I am not limited to three monster souls via hybrid at the expense of needing time and mana to individually craft each monster soul binding apparatus as well as not being able to instantaneously switch between souls, the bulk of my time will be spent on this research.

The most important monster souls I need are Worm for creating overly elaborate defensive trenched positions, hideouts and escape tunnels as well as giving me even more situational awareness with seismic senses. Ooze for the acid spit, arachnid for making spider silk. fox for the mana regain, wolf for the enhanced tracking and basilisk for a 360 degree petrifying gaze to paralyze and slow down high speed builds.

The Wurm soul will probably the most difficult and time consuming soul to get, and I'll most likely kill one near the end of the fifth season when I am far more experienced.
>>
>>50466973
No, I took null because It can be useful both against people and monsters
>>
>>50467074
I'm going to simplify and streamline my explosive making methods so they are more in line with the tech level of the setting which I assume is at least comparable to the 16th century Earth and focus on working with three chemical components; urea, nitric acid and ethanol and two elements; aluminum and mercury.

Working with shit was just too time consuming and requires far more more modern equipment for it to be worth it so I have to give it a pass.

Urea can be obtained from piss, nitric acid or what the alchemists know it as aqua fortis and mercury or quicksilver should all be available at the alchemy labs, aluminum should be available at the blacksmiths or alchemy lab whichever have the metal in stock and finally 90-95% concentrated ethanol should be available at the bar known as rectified spirits, used to make strong alcoholic punches and cocktails.

I'm going to use my leftover tribute to buy a distillation apparatus bewers from the 16th century would use to distill beers and wines into hard liquors and use the distiller to concentrate the nitric acid I buy from the alchemy labs, hopefully achieving 60-67% concentration and storing it away in clay/ceramic jars so no light gets through and cause the nitric acid to decompose and get contaminated with nitrogen dioxide.

I'll also have my scavengers going around town collecting piss as well as storing my own piss, at the end of everyday boiling down the piss, filter it through a funnel and cloth, add in nitric acid let the reaction carry out until all the urea nitrate precipitate out, wash with water and collect the urea nitrate residue and let it dry. This daily ritual shouldn't take more then an hour or two. Continue to do this for 400 days straight, I should have enough urea nitrate to make a few hundred decent sized bombs.

I'll have nitric acid on hand during the culling so I can continue to make urea nitrate during the culling as well.
>>
>>50467072
Blink only loses to Nullification if he lets them get too close. Otherwise he just flickers away until they run out.
>>
>>50467111
As for the primer used to detonate my urea nitrate explosives, I'll make mercury fulminate by adding mercury to nitric acid allowing time for the metal to dissolve and then adding ethanol and wait for the fulminate to precipitate out, wash with water and store the fulminate wet, as mercury fulminate is inert when wet and extremely shock sensitive when dry. I'll make a little of the primer everyday as part of my daily ritual and in open air so I don't get poisoned by its fumes.

During the culling stock up on food, water, basic supplies, magical trapped monster souls, bombs, bomb making materials and a few hundred thousand bullets for my gun, healing potions and toxin/venom/poison antidotes. I plan to set up a 2-3km radius perimeter filled with tunnel trench networks and explosive traps and just hide and wait, spending my down time making more explosives.

If there is too much hunter activity for my liking, I'll quietly burrow my way to a new location a few km away and set up a new perimeter, only attempting to kill other hunters as a last resort.
>>
>>50466990
While I agree you're better suited than most, I think what the other guy meant is that you're relying very heavily on Blink + Detection (Danger Sense mostly, others don't work vs Nullification) to get you out of everything. Which has a really good best-case scenario, I have to admit. But if something does go horribly wrong and someone gets close, you're going to be in a world of pain. An assassin with One with Nature, for example. Or a Nullification guy walking in a crowd. You could work really hard to get around it, but your build lacks worst-case-scenario contingencies if that makes sense? I probably wouldn't have called it "cullingfodder/10"--you'd probably maybe be fine. But there are openings that many work hard to close.
>>
File: cartridge trap.jpg (66KB, 622x412px) Image search: [Google]
cartridge trap.jpg
66KB, 622x412px
>>50467130
The most basic explosive I'll be using is a simple steel pipe packed in with urea nitrate and aluminum shavings in a 4:1 ratio mashing the urea nitrate through a fine strainer to granulate the explosive for better combustion, at one end there will be a hole where a small brass cap filled with a little bit of mercury fulminate is inserted in. A very simple spring loaded firing pin or nail mechanism with a little stick holding the pin/nail cocked, all I need to do to set my explosives off is to pull the stick out with a string, the firing pin will hit the mercury fulminate cap and cause the detonation.

I'll be using these primarily as non magical trip wire traps and as land mines in small concealed holes where the bomb sits on a nail, any poor bastard that steps on these makeshift landmines will have their legs blown clean off.

And in close quarter defense, just throw pip bombs at my enemies' faces running away holding a string of sufficient length to safely detonate the pipe bombs.
>>
File: EFP.jpg (150KB, 920x560px) Image search: [Google]
EFP.jpg
150KB, 920x560px
>>50467184
Against high defense builds and heavily armoured monsters, I'll need to make a couple of EFP bombs, which will be a metal bowl block with a hole at the back for the firing pin and primer, the bowl will be lined with granulated urea nitrate-aluminum powder and lined with a copper/iron sheet.
I plan to store these babies in my pocket dimension, when someone dares to engage me in "close" range anywhere within 100 meters, I can open up in my pocket dimension run away as I pull a string, unleashing a fist sized shape charged metal projectile traveling at super sonic speeds, I'll want these EFP bombs as big as the blacksmith can feasibly make them, as penetration power is a function of the diameter of the bowl, the bigger the bowl, the more armor these explosive formed penetrators can punch through.

Other than all of this train up, hunt monsters, survive the culling and have a jolly good time.
>>
>>50466645
>Martial Arts, Athletics, Enhanced
Necessary speed, reflexes, mobility, etc. for melee combat.
>Blunt Arms, Ancient Weapon
My unique weapon is a pair of spiked gloves that greatly increase striking power.
>Enhanced, Shockwaves, Charge Up
Powerful blows for doing maximum damage in one shot.
>Frost
My favorite element. Mostly used with Combine, but I'll always have the option of firing off explosive ice shards or whatever.
>Combine
The lynchpin of my build. This lets me combine my might and magic into devastating attacks. Think punching razor sharp ice spikes into monster's eyes and then shattering the ice with Shockwaves to cause massive internal damage.
>Blink
Extremely useful for both escape and teleporting next to vulnerable monster bits.
>One with Nature
Some nice defense and good for blending in when idle.
>Binding
Trapping and binding monsters is useful for my melee focus.
>Soul Spirit
It's a big island, and I'll be using this to get around swiftly.
>Stamina
Never gonna give up the hunt. Never gonna let you down, but I will run around and hurt you.
>Indomitable, Blessed
Some nice protective options.
>Telepathy
Every build should have a sensing skill, and this is mine.
>Ancient Forest, Twilight Ruins
Gives a good amount of tribute points without being too dangerous. This is more dangerous than picking specific prey, but it gives more opportunities to fulfill my quota. I think these two areas sound pretty cool.
>Physiology
For a healthy and fit body.
>Alchemy
I have no healing abilities, so potions and such will help when I screw up.
>Scavenging
Bliss said you can't make much money selling things, so I'll give most of my monster remains to friends and shopkeepers to gain favor.
>Diner
I like food.
>Festival
I like fun.
>Club
For meeting fellow hunters to team up and trade with.
>Low
I like my privacy, and I don't need much in the way of personal possessions.
>Servant, Appearance, Attitude
My sweet, hippety-hoppety bunny waifu.

Who wants to team up?
>>
File: Appearance.jpg (282KB, 533x565px) Image search: [Google]
Appearance.jpg
282KB, 533x565px
>>50460981
>Class
Warrior
>Blessing
+1 Strength/Agility/Skill
>Skills
>Physical
Tempered, Willpower, Toughness, Martial Arts, Flurry, Athletics, Enhanced, Shockwaves, Overdrive
>Spiritual
Poisons, Monster Within
>Weaponry
Blunt Arms, Ancient Weapon, Charge Up, Skull Weaponry
>Ethereal
Indomintable
>Bounties
Wolf, Hydra, Dragon
>Persona
Beauty
>Resources
Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market, Healing, Training, Scavenging, Diner, Hot Springs, Club, Low Housing
>Stats
Strength: 7, 12 with Overdrive
Defense: 4
Agility: 5, 10 with Overdrive
Mag: 1
Skill: 5
Hokuto Shinken is invincible.
>>
>>50466774
The Culling just says you can try. If you can't reach them? It does nothing.
>>
>>50467416
I like your style, WouldHuntSkyWormsWith/10
>>
>>50466581
So are we a part of some dudes harem or are we supposed to fuck everyone and get pregnant/impregnate?
>Vagina
> Embellishments
> Musculature
> Plush (3 times)

>Alluring

>Gifted

>Metaphysicological

>Seductive

>Godly Cleanliness
>Perfect Neoteny

>Cultivation

I don't know what part of this CYOA was supposed to get me hard.
>>
>>50467074
>I have taken all the vision skills; killer Instinct, all-Seeing eye and detect magic, this means there is absolutely no way for anyone to catch me off guard because I have 360 degree vision, a zoom-in function, can see in the night, can see through barriers and even see their blood as well see and trace magical energies.
>absolutely no way for anyone to catch me off guard

That's a wee bit retarded. I mean, you're certainly better off than most people and I took the same perception abilities for the same reason. It's a very, very good advantage. But just having the abilities is not at all the same as perfect defense. You've still gotta back it up with CONSTANT VIGILANCE and humans, as well know, are fallible and grow tired. You're probably the hardest person to sneak up on in the entire island but thinking you're completely immune is probably your biggest weakness.
>>
>>50467072

>give up the sex slave

That's the whole reason I'm agreeing with this whole kerfluffle. No way.

If someone does manage to get Nullification on me, 6 speed + the various defensive prediction skills I have will help in breaking the leash. If they have Overdrive + Nullification, I'd be dead because I'm relying on Sixth Sense, Telepathy, and All-Seeing Eye to survive a close up battle with a roided-up hunter.

To begin with, I'm confident I have the tools to not be that close to someone with such a high threat level in the first place.

>>50467131

As for crowds, I don't think those would ever gather in a culling scenario. Camouflaged hunters will be a bother though, but I'm imagining they have at least a small trace in Sixth Sense or Telepathy, otherwise it would be a totally useless ability. For them not to get a drop on me, I'd have to always be wary, which will be a challenge to maintain in 40 days of solitude. Companions will help but the only thing I can offer is being a great ward and the ability to outrun my teammates, not something you'd trust your life on.

--

I believe that this build is the best when it comes to avoiding conflict. Dying would mean I deserved it: I have like 4 detection and surveillance skills as redundancies.

If I listen to my senses properly, no harm will ever come upon my character. In an ideal situation I would notice them right as I become a tiny blip in their radar, fleeing in the safest direction, making them wonder if their instincts were wrong.

Focusing all my efforts on detection, the best bet to take me down would be a group of great trackers who know the lay of the land well enough to corner me, and have the chasing power when I try to bail. It's too much effort to arrange that, so I'll just make sure not to piss someone off.
>>
>>50467547
The character is insane anon. He's going around town politely asking everyone to piss in his bucket. He smells like shit and piss and dressed in rags because he spends all day in the wilderness making bombs and killing things.

He probably talks to his bombs, and they probably speak back to him.
>>
>>50467633
Mate I dont care how tame they claim to be dont stick your dick in stranges that shit aint safe. It is literally a ball of eldritch illusionary energy that has merely adopted a humanoid form there is no way you can fuck that without some kind of bad shit happening to your body
>>
>>50467699
That's why you take the servant appearance option and make it look like a gazer
>>
>>50467547
>tons of awareness skills
>no stamina
>no willpower
>no fuck-mothering sixth sense
Enjoy dying in your sleep.
>>
>>50460981
=CLASS | WARRIOR=

=ATTRIBUTES=
-Strength - 10 | 15 - Overdrive
-Defense - 4
-Agility - 5 | 10 - Overdrive
-Intelligence - 2
-Dexterity - 4

=BLESSING | +3 Stat Points | +1 Strength, +2 Agility=

=SKILLS=
-Physical:
+[Tier I | Toughness | +1 Defense]
+[Tier I | Athletics | +1 Dexterity]
+[Tier II | Willpower]
+[Tier III | Enhanced | +1 Strength]
+[Tier III | Shockwaves | +1 Strength]
+[Tier IV | Overdrive | +5 Strength, +5 Agility]

-Magical:
+[Tier I | Catalysts | +1 Dexterity]
+[Tier III | Blink]
+[Tier IV | Gravity Warp]

-Spiritual:

-Weaponry:
+[Tier I | Blunt Arms | +1 Strength]

-Ethereal:
+[Tier I | Pocketing | +1 Agility]
+[Tier III | Healing]

=BOUNTIES=
+Fox - [+20 TP | Level 2 Threat]
+Hydra - [+30 TP | Level 3 Threat]
+Behemoth - [+30 TP | Level 3 Threat]

=PERSONA=
+[Physiology - Dragon | -5 TP]

=RESOURCES=
+[Market | -10 TP | Provision]
+[Bar | -5 TP | Luxury]
+[Middle | -30 TP | Accomodation]
>>
>>50467633
My primary concern with detects is that Nullification actually makes them immune to Telepathy and Camo doesn't trigger Magic Vision (which also gets half-countered by Null). So without Heat Vision, which isn't magical iirc, you're left with only Danger Sense. Which basically means you have to blind teleport away from threats and hope where you land is less dangerous. You're rolling a di heavily loaded in your favor...but it's still RNG on teleport location. If I wanted to take you down, I'd probably go the opposite of the Tracker path and use a team of Campers. And yes, camper teams are probably what I'm most scared of in the Culling setting given how easy to organize they'd be and how they can catch you without gunning for you specifically. Maybe topped by pursuit predator teams with Worm/Leviathan. Fortunately, as you mentioned, those take a lot of effort so...we're just gonna have to hope that people don't completely Mad Max out during the Culling and run us down.

Personally, I'm going to be traveling by unconventional means whenever possible. Figure it's a looooot less worthwhile for a Culling gang to set up a trap for tunnelers/swimmers given how few of us there are.
>>
>>50467699

Well before I was given a choice on what monster soul I could have I went to check out the books at the library. There was this tome filled with indecipherable alien script, but ever since then I'm crazy about Stranges. What they are, who they are, what they want, where they come from, how to kill them, how to love them and advanced their agenda on this realm, stuff like that.
>>
>forgetting that we're all first years on Wild Hunt, and our hunt list is probably reduced
>>
>>50467788
Don't forget that Nullification has to be invoked - it's not a constant, and it runs out of charge. You can't have it on all the time. Unless they have much better sensory powers than you, you know where to run.
>>
>>50467826
He wants to test first years to the brink, and expects most will fail or quit. He has no intention of going easy on us.
>>
>>50466616
>Angel gets raped in every alternative universe, including ones where she has magic and super powers.
>>
>>50467788

Wait right. Null can actively cloak from sensing magic. That sucks. At least for tunnelers the only real danger is when their leaving to hunt for food, and other pesky try-hard favor farming tunnelers.

>>50467856

Still, for a hunter that is familiar with their Nullification duration and with a high enough Arcane stat, they should be able to gank you from out of nowhere. It's only fair after all that they get to do that. Better be prepared for ever split second now.
>>
>>50467810
O-oh, well you clearly seem well read and educated on the topic so I am just going to back away very slowly and leave you to that then...
>>
>>50467868
Not necessarily going easy, but there are likely some 6+ Level enemies not revealed to us. Taking this into consideration, there is no reason players shouldn't be hunting big game. There's no actual con side to taking larger monsters, since it's effectively just a character builder where you get points for taking "risks".

Because of this, I am considering making some semblance of a rule set for the game, but that would require work and outside resources, and I dunno about community interest in such a project. I would likely give attributes pull on survival chance, with monsters rolling Xd10 and X = Threat Level. Abilities would be tough to balance, especially when considering the effects of [Combo].

Tracking player TP and rewarding them with things like SP for pulling in the most TP during a season. Occasional 'Legendary Beast' variants of normal monsters with big prizes for the one who defeats it and consolation prizes for those that help and survive.

I might hop in IRC later if Bliss is around and pitch the idea to him. Or he can just steal it if he likes that much work.
>>
>>50467922
Nullification should definitely be attached to Intelligence/Arcane. It means that a full brawler can't keep it very long, but it leaves a powerful caster unable to cast, but provides protection from enemy magics.
>>
>>50467990
>Because of this, I am considering making some semblance of a rule set for the game, but that would require work and outside resources, and I dunno about community interest in such a project.
Having come to /cyoag/ from one of the "banished" cyoas, and having seen how others turn out, I can confidently say that this is a bad idea if taken to too much of an extreme.

CYOAs are fun and can make for great inspiration for game systems, but too much mechanical wankery can ruin the entire point. And I say this as somebody that thrives off of mechanical wankery.
>>
>>50467856
Nightmare scenario, granted. But imagine a Wurm ambush team. Or a Camo + Basilisk ambush team just waiting for you to use detection. Or a Nullification + Camo team that activates it when you get in Telepathy range to make you think there's nobody there, then ambushes?

A single pursuer with blink may be more likely, but ambush squads are much more of a worst-case to me because there are so many angles to worry about.
>>
>>50468025
Mostly why I want to make it "roll d10s, if you roll an X, you ded". It's more to add an impact to taking risky moves. Reason 2 is to advance seasons and give us a sense of advancement and provide players who want more points a chance to have more points. SDA said a while back his followup to the Battlemage update would be a new CYOA set further down the timeline, and does put me on a train of thought for a forward flow of time, especially when we have seasons and important events laid out for us.

Outside resources was more me getting artist palls to draw a bounty board and other stupid event stuff along those lines. Or at the very least finding art to go along with it.
>>
>>50467990
That sounds potentially cool but like a loooot of work. A lot of its success would probably hinge on how much work players feel obligated to do. Post stats and roll? I'd certainly be down to try it. As long as it doesn't give me RP forum flashbacks. Overloading with mechanics does seem like a definite risk, though.
>>
>>50468083
>SDA said a while back his followup to the Battlemage update
Bitch please, SDA talks nothing but shit. He's talked about so many cyoa's he's allegedly making.
>>
>>50466194
Unlimited options?

This feels too nice
>>
>>50468218
A biiiiiiiiiig issue I see is giving all of the stats something to do. Right now I see players as small squishy bugs with a nat1 killing them, with an extra point of health (above 1) for every X number of Defense. So without investing in defense, a player has ~59% chance of survival against a Level 5 Threat.

The biggest issue definitely lies in players' abilities to follow rules, since I would mostly be tracking their stats and overall progress, not rolling for them.

>>50468267
Eh, still provides inspiration, even if untrue.
>>
>>50468279
At that point why even play? You can create a character without guidelines to that same effect.
>>
>>50468286
At least my faith in Siphon would be rewarded in spades? I was debating cutting it but...it's going to be absolutely ludicrous, perhaps even mandatory, if calculations are run by enemy threat.
>>
>>50468323
The calculation either has to be run by player stats or enemy stats. I genuinely am unsure if players would want to calculate a back and forth. The big issue with player stats is versatility, the big issue with enemy stats is plugging in that versatility.

It's very easy to say "Roll Xd10 for the battle. If more nat10s come up, you win, if more nat1s come up, the enemy wins, but you have to account for the abilities an enemy has, and the great number abilities a player has.
>>
>>50468323
No need for faith. Siphon is a great ability. It's so powerful that it's not represented by stats but by threat, and your allies will benefit from the debuff.
>>
>>50468373
Yeah, those planning logistics are rouuugh. At the level you're talking about, you could potentially be designing for ability interactions and that way lies madness. Or something like putting a multiplier on each ability if certain enemy tags are met, which also sounds horrifyingly # grindy and difficult. And yet if it's purely stat-based then suddenly all the abilities without stat boosts are worthless.
>>50468415
Yuuup. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else with it ever. Don't 5 people with Siphon autowin vs any monster without lifting a finger? Great for soloing and you'll be in very high demand for groups. Also good for PvP, I'd imagine, but less quantified and god knows how it interacts with Nullify.
>>
>>50468323
>>50468492
Continuing >>50468373
Siphon would likely be a powerful ability, yes. Attaching boosts and powerful effects to most T4 abilities shouldn't be tough and is something that needs to come with 3x the cost of other abilities. Nullify might be nerfed or shifted so it cancels auras/short range detection skills more than magic, since a ranged caster would (theoretically) be able to still hit a user of nullify from afar.
>>
So, in the Monster Hunter CYOA, Nullify says "For a limited duration, your will nullifies and deteriorates any type of magic in close proximity." Now, to me this would apply to just the Magical tree (especially since this tree has multiple types, Fire, Lightning, Frost and such) as well as Healing in Ethereal since it's specifically called magic. Otherwise, I think everything else is fair game when Nullification is up. I mean, nothing outside of the Magical tree gives a stat boost to Intelligence.

Also, a few things I haven't seen anyone mention. First, Wings (probably with Stamina) plus Marksmanship to just fly around and shoot the small fries.
Unleash + Charge Up. For those moments when you need a surprise big attack.
Martial Arts + Pocketing. Take someone else's weapon and keep it from them.
Combine + Healing + Fire. The only way to keep yourself safe from ninjas is to set yourself on fire, after all. (And hush about the Nullification. I'm just coming up with weird combos.)
>>
>>50465557
Ships are pretty lazy when things don't directly concern their Humans.
>>
>>50468492
>I haven't seen anyone else with it ever.
You probably haven't read very many builds then; I had it in my build that I posted a day or two ago.
>>
>>50468556
In the example, the people practicing their squad-based tactics are Ships and their Humans tho?

And just because the ships are AI doesn't mean they don't get all the benefits of having non-person AI do shit for them.
>>
File: 1469819568057.png (732KB, 895x850px) Image search: [Google]
1469819568057.png
732KB, 895x850px
>>50460958
Since nobody else seems to be taking this route - Posting my Full-Magic/Support build:

>Class
Sorcerer
>Blessing
Free Monster Soul (Strange)

>Attributes:
Strength [][]
Defense [][][][]
Agility [][][][][]
Intelligence [][][][][][][][]
Skill [][][]

>Skills
-Magical-
T1: Fire
T2: Arcane
T3: Blink, Detect Magic, Combine
T4: Time Warp
-Spiritual-
T1: One With Nature
T2: Monster Within, Binding
T3: Hybrid
-Ethereal-
T1: Indomitable
T2: Blessed, Premonition
T3: Healing, Telepathy
T4: Ascension

>Licenses
Ruins (Twilight) (+50)
Mountains (Ancient) (+50)

>Persona
Physiology (-5)
Gender (-5)
Beauty (-5)

>Resources
Library (-10)
Alchemy (-10)
Scavenging (-5)
Diner (-5)
Bar (-5)
Hot Springs (-5)
Festival (-5)
Club (-5)
Low (-20)
>>
>>50468617
>support
>no enchanting
>no siphon
>no barriers
>>
>>50468640
Stopped lurking to post this.
>>
File: 59678675_p0.jpg (675KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
59678675_p0.jpg
675KB, 992x1403px
>>50468617
...This is totally supposed to link to >>50460981
, whoops.

Anyway, my MO would be to focus on unconventional combinations of magic and monster abilities. As my skillset is very support-focused I'd likely find a group with overlapping territory to run with, so we can take down larger and more powerful beats (and net me their souls).

I'm not super worried about the Culling, because by the time it occurs I should have enough allies I can trust that we can hole up somewhere for the duration (or, if anyone's been bothering us, take care of them as a group...) If all else fails, my skillset means that if I need to go off on my own, I'm going to be very difficult to find or catch...
>>
File: 1454217700638.jpg (100KB, 480x544px) Image search: [Google]
1454217700638.jpg
100KB, 480x544px
>>50468617
Touch Fluffy, Get Happy.

>>50468640
Barriers and Enchantment are self buffs.
>>
File: Cr1kaHLVUAAIWgr.png large.png (717KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cr1kaHLVUAAIWgr.png large.png
717KB, 800x900px
>>50468640
>>50468670
Okay, maybe support isn't the right word... Call it "battlefield control."

My job is to keep the monster disoriented, confused, and debuffed while the guys with the pointy things stab it to death. Also counteracting any effects the monster has, and healing everyone up afterward.

>>50468722
Ear touching is for allies only~!
>>
File: 1477301221161.png (2MB, 1200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1477301221161.png
2MB, 1200x3000px
>>
File: 1451198869918.png (3MB, 1200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1451198869918.png
3MB, 1200x3000px
>>50468881
>>
File: 1471678595875.png (2MB, 1200x2715px) Image search: [Google]
1471678595875.png
2MB, 1200x2715px
>>50468901
>>
File: notthisshitagain.jpg (7KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
notthisshitagain.jpg
7KB, 278x278px
>>50468617
>>50468708
>>50468722
>>50468792
>it's the healslut from the original monster hunter threads
>he's doing his shitty erp again
>>
File: 1477759261036.png (2MB, 1200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1477759261036.png
2MB, 1200x3000px
>>50468917
>>
>>50468881
RIP in peace, Quiet, would that we all could die for so noble a cause as boobs.
>>
>>50468792
>Ear touching is for allies only~!

Naturally. I'd love to party with a caster with Healing. >>50467056
>>
File: c9a8ab63c060ed8cfc81cf3100f394f4.jpg (603KB, 949x1137px) Image search: [Google]
c9a8ab63c060ed8cfc81cf3100f394f4.jpg
603KB, 949x1137px
>>50468950
Sounds good to me! Now we just need a tanky guy/girl to get all up-close and personal when needed.

>>50468919
Nope, I'm afraid I'm a different one.

But deal with it anyway. God forbid people try to have fun in these threads...
>>
>>50469040
Somebody called?

=CLASS | WARRIOR=

=ATTRIBUTES=
-Strength - 10 | 15 - Overdrive
-Defense - 4
-Agility - 5 | 10 - Overdrive
-Intelligence - 2
-Dexterity - 4

=BLESSING | +3 Stat Points | +1 Strength, +2 Agility=

=SKILLS=
-Physical:
+[Tier I | Toughness | +1 Defense]
+[Tier I | Athletics | +1 Dexterity]
+[Tier II | Willpower]
+[Tier III | Enhanced | +1 Strength]
+[Tier III | Shockwaves | +1 Strength]
+[Tier IV | Overdrive | +5 Strength, +5 Agility]

-Magical:
+[Tier I | Catalysts | +1 Dexterity]
+[Tier III | Blink]
+[Tier IV | Gravity Warp]

-Spiritual:

-Weaponry:
+[Tier I | Blunt Arms | +1 Strength]

-Ethereal:
+[Tier I | Pocketing | +1 Agility]
+[Tier III | Healing]

=BOUNTIES=
+Fox - [+20 TP | Level 2 Threat]
+Hydra - [+30 TP | Level 3 Threat]
+Behemoth - [+30 TP | Level 3 Threat]

=PERSONA=
+[Physiology - Dragon | -5 TP]

=RESOURCES=
+[Market | -10 TP | Provision]
+[Bar | -5 TP | Luxury]
+[Middle | -30 TP | Accomodation]
>>
So anyways. Looking over stats, we have:
Strength - Clear use would be for brawling combat. Though since it's player side crunch, I have a tough time simply assigning it damage.
Defense - For every 5 points, players can suffer an extra wound. Normally they have 1 and if hit, it's game over.
Agility - Would likely calculate into initiative or some parallel. My main issue with that is (aside from the Culling, which is a monster I thankfully won't have to deal with for several seasons) combat becomes multi-phase, something key to avoid.
Intelligence - Casting stat for magic based combat. Same issue with strength.
Dexterity - Translates into weapon use. At this point I think it's almost necessary to introduce a triangle rock-paper-scissors style with once being effective against the others. It means I have to assign monsters stat-blocks. But it's as simple as :

Strength
Intelligence
Dexterity
Monster Ability (Abilities?)
And then a lump-sum "Threat Level"

Siphon either won't stack, or won't reduce Threat Level below 1. Probably the earlier simply because stacked Siphons could be quite the issue.
>>
>>50469196
The tough thing about generating community interest is that part of doing so is deciding some broad strokes on your own, and the very act of deciding anything narrows the appeal and thus your collaborator base. Not even in a "I wouldn't do it that way" sort of thing, but in a "I feel nothing in response" sort of thing. And yet people get intimidated or shy away if you try to elicit community involvement from the ground floor. For a place with a pretty good reputation compared to some other boards, /tg/ can be full of self-defeating do-nothings sometimes.
>>
>>50469403
Yep. It's a blind step forward. Either I put in a ton of work and no one shows, or others start to hop on board the project. I'll pump out a working doc in the next few days with some early rule ideas. I'm happy to accept any suggestions people have. Part of me posting things like >>50469196 is to generate discussion or ideas.
>>
>>50468722
Nobody says you can't pass out weapons after you enchant them. Plus, barrier's armor might be personal, but the barriers themselves sure aren't.
>>
>>50468267
If you knew anything about SDA, it takes him at least a year to release a new CYOA. He also gave us previews of his WIP, so I'm just patiently waiting for it to come out.
>>
>>50468926
Didn't he get honor killed for trap porn?
>>
>>50468926
Yeah may his soul lurk in /cyoa/ for all eternity
>>
In an island survival cyoa are climate options appreciated or would that be too specific and tedious? Talking about things like taking more volatile weather phenomenon for more points and such.
>>
>>50469800
I think that's an interesting choice, although you have to be careful how you balance it. Hot, cold, or volatile climates are going to require a level of survival gear that temperate ones won't, so they need to at least award enough to cover that kind of gear.
>>
>>50469492
Are we really making Monster Hunter into a TTRPG?

Hell yes. Return to the time when /tg/ got shit done. Make us great again.
>>
>>50469772
I doubt it, if only because if he did how the hell would we ever find that out? 4chan doesn't really support finding things out through the grapevine - we all descend back into the sea of piss from whence we came, and none shall know of our passing.
>>
>>50469895
Something rules light like PACYOA (but without boards or dedicated missions at first), but that is the goal. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
>>
>>50469895
>we

who is "we" ?
>>
>>50469935
It's like me but plural.
>>
>>50469492
>Either I put in a ton of work and no one shows, or others start to hop on board the project.
I feel your pain. I have spearheaded a couple of big projects here, and sometimes people seem crazy interested at first but have nothing to offer and kind of just evaporate (since watching one anon design a game all by themselves does not have much longevity as a thread concept) and I'm left sitting on a ton of work by myself. At which point I start questioning my choice of venue.
>>
>>50460691
Is it just me or has there been a lot of gay shit happening the last few threads? And not that many cyoas?
>>
>>50463529
Escapism CYOA:
Setting:
>Typical Fantasy
Themes:
>Influence: The Title of Arcmage
>Talent: Magic
Boons:
>Credentials: Magic Academy
>Pet: Dragon
>Compendium
>>
>>50470067
If that's true, then you have no one to blame but yourself for not making enough CYOAs to help prevent such gay shit from happening.
>>
>>50470067
Just you, probably.
>>
>>50470067
Become a content creator, then.
Otherwise shut the fuck up.
>>
I wanna make a semi lewd cyoa

By that, i mean no NSFW images, but lewd

Ideas?
>>
>>50470185
Panties.
>>
>>50470185
No panties.
>>
>>50460981
THE WALL is now a Monster Hunter.

Blessing: +3 Stat Points
Skills:
Physical:
-1 Tempered
-1 Willpower WALLpower
-1 Enhanced
-1 Toughness
-1 Flurry
-1 Sixth Sense
-3 Iron Mass
-1 Martial Arts
-1 Athletics
-1 Shockwaves
Spiritual:
-1 One With Nature
-1 Monster Within
-1 Bloodlust
Weaponry:
-1 Blunt Arms
Ethereal:
-1 Indomitable
-1 Blessed
-1 Recall
-1 Pocketing
Licenses: +75 Mountains, Volcano
Danger: +20 Molten
Persona:
-5 Beauty (Stronk, Hueg)
Resources:
-10 Forge
-10 Alchemy
-10 Market
-5 Healing
-5 Scavenging
-5 Diner
-5 Bar
-5 Hot Springs
-5 Festival
-30 Middle

Final Stats:
STR: 9
DEF: 14
AGI: 5
INT: 2
SKL: 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs
>>
>>50470185
Submission. Breeding. Benign, non-disgusting humiliation.
>>
It would be worth it to get transported to the Monster Hunter world even if I died the next day.
>>
>>50466194
>>50466201
Affects Everyone:
>Love
>Beauty
>Magic Adventure
Affects Only Me:
>Immortality
>Malakhim
>Mirror, Mirror

I don't want to be a little girl. if there was a little boy option I would probably take it though.
>>
Where can I find a lot of monster pictures/drawings?
>>
>>50470185
Exhibitionost CYOA. Pick the challenges you're being forced to go through, the risks you'll have to face, and what the rewards will be in the end.
>>
>>50470217
Danger is per location, not total. So you can have Molten Mountains and Ancient Volcanoes, for example.
>>
>>50470198
What do you mean?

>>50470224
>Benign, non-disgusting humiliation.
What do you mean?

>>50470294
Exhibitionism feels too specific, but I will do something involving that sort of stuff
>>
>>50470245
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to mirror-mirror yourself into being a boy after you become the little girl.
>>
>>50470185
Mindbreaking characters based off Angelanon's various builds and training them to be your perfect waifu.
>>
>>50470534
Please stop talking about Poochy whenever she's not around.
>>
>>50470185
traps.
>>
>>50470185
Waifu harem. You pick one of them to be your main girl, but you get the others as well. Main girl gives a bonus of some sort (or they all do, but the main girl's bonus is bigger/better in some way, and maybe some bonuses affect the whole harem or something).
>>
>>50470316
A few threads back an anon had the idea of a sleepover cyoa with generic little girl and trap choices. Could be a cool combo of comfy + lewd.
>>
>>50464791
Never ever.

You probably won't get it till 2 months after when it was suppose to come out because that is what Italics do.
>>
>>50470316
Stuff that's humiliating, but gains its eroticism more from the lewd, self-judging perspective of the humiliated than from any shock or negative value from whatever is happening. Too often humiliation kink gets interpreted as "be as mean and disgusting as possible".
>>
>>50470602
I like this idea. Any other options you'd like to see?

>>50470585
Also good. I can make this in like 2 hours, though it'll look really rough

>>50470534
I'd rather not do mindbreak and rape sort of stuff, sorry, I'm kind of uncomfortable with it
>>
>>50470621
any examples?
>>
>>50470654
>Exhibitionism is too specific
>let's do pedophile sleepover with girldicks instead
>>
>>50470185
Another one in the vein of the "Cursed" Girlfriend CYOA, maybe?

Could possibly be combined with >>50470585, depending on how it's done.
>>
>>50470704
uh, no, as the idea of just a semi sexual sleepover has lots of potential. exhibitionism is just that. exhibitionism.

also, you're not paying me to make a cyoa, you're not in any position to be bitter

>>50470729
Cursed Girlfriend CYOA? I've never seen it, could you post it?
>>
File: cirno and her imouto.jpg (787KB, 1002x1416px) Image search: [Google]
cirno and her imouto.jpg
787KB, 1002x1416px
>>50470316
What's not to understand about panties?
>>
>>50470787
lol bitter? just pointing out something amusing to me. holy defensive batman...
>>
>>50470843
yeah, you're bitter
>>
File: Cursed Girlfriend CYOA - Page 1.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Cursed Girlfriend CYOA - Page 1.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>50470787
>Cursed Girlfriend CYOA? I've never seen it, could you post it?
Sure. Both pages coming up.
>>
File: Cursed Girlfriend CYOA - Page 2.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Cursed Girlfriend CYOA - Page 2.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>50470787
>>50470888
And the other page. And only now did I notice that you forgot to include the quotations for "Cursed".
>>
>>50470787
You've clearly never read any exhibitionist manga.
>>
>>50470585
I swear I've seen this exact post before.
>>
>>50470888
>>50470911
Yeah, i think this would be a good idea. Thank you for posting the CYOA!
>>
File: dillons.jpg (79KB, 500x542px) Image search: [Google]
dillons.jpg
79KB, 500x542px
>>50470852
Your response might have been disproportionate there, Sarge.
>>
>>50471013
Is that a problem if someone asked for ideas and the CYOA doesn't exist yet?
>>
>>50471058
I can't tell if he's memeing about the fact a ton of CYOA general is waifu and little girl posting.
>>
File: man who would be king.jpg (3MB, 2145x3410px) Image search: [Google]
man who would be king.jpg
3MB, 2145x3410px
>>
>>50471039
Not them, but if you have just come from a very salty headspace or environment it's easy to forget that not everyone is pathetically angry, disgruntled, and vengeful 100% of the time.
>>
>>50471013
Not the exact same post, but the same general idea.
>>50471076
Not memeing, I genuinely think it could be a fun little CYOA.
>>
>>50470654
The entire point of rape (and mindbreak) isthat the subject is not willing.
>>
Builds, discussions and barely and insults and culling shitpost/whining.

I enjoyed reading them all. Thanks CYOAg you restored some hope for me.
>>
>>50471326
Bliss, you're cool with my little project, right? Credit will, of course, be given.
>>
>>50471326
Yo Bliss. Glad you like the heated discussions lol.

But now that you're here.

Whats the range for nullification? 2m, 5m, 20m? Does Detect Magic "track, counter and dispell" or just let you see it?

Also there's no +3 INT skill. Intended? Perhaps a needed buff to help magic-users with nullify?
>>
>>50470554
Every hunter is going to get a piece of your poochy when the culling comes around.
>>
File: 1399471796901.gif (884KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1399471796901.gif
884KB, 360x240px
>>50471326
>Bliss only responds to ass kissing and compliments
>Never to valid criticism
You're just happy they're humoring your rape fetish, I bet.
>>
>>50471326
>>50471406
Jumping on this with more questions and also some questions for project purposes:

-Can nullify be overpowered by high INT?
-Does it affect aura-type abilities that aren't strictly cast spells?
-Does Siphon stack?
-How long do temporary skills like all T4 Physical skills last?
-Does INT directly correlate with spell power/duration, or the capacity for energy stored? All of the above?
>>
>>50471545
Complaining about a cyoa not being comfy enough isnt valid criticism.
>>
>>50471326
what does the skill stat pertain to/ is it like attack speed or what?
would a skill focused build be worth anything?
>>
>>50471583
it's how skilled you are lmao.
>>
>>50471606
no shit senpai but i want to know more about what that has to do with.
like attack speed or crit chance
>>
>>50471580
Do you really want to start things up again anon? Because that's how you start things up again.
>>
>>50471616
>handling and speed of actions
It's precision and non-movement speed.
>>
>>50471097
criminal
personal artifact
shirani

subterfuge
melee combat
management
diplomacy
trading

quick-witted
wealth
womaniser

kafu nazar
edwin blake
>>
>>50471616
see >>50471670

Basically it's anything relating to accuracy, weapon use, or general precision. Impacts long ranged weapons and general melee skill, though strength is arguable more useful for melee as far as a powerful blow is concerned.
>>
>>50471379
Yeah of course I'm cool with it. I'm all for creative freedom, go for it.

>>50471406
I intended nullification to be something that's extremely close range but it makes any type of magic fizzle out, including projectiles/spiritual/ethereal skills. It can even can supress the magic of other users as long as you're in arms lengths of them. However it obviously has its limits with duration and cooldown.

People are so worked up about this skill, not realizing that Iron Mass is basically the same but against physical. Iron Mass can be used as a defensive and offensive tool but has its limits and will tire you out.

Detect magic allows you to only see magic. But seeing magic allows you to be able to dispell magical traps, undo enchantments and counter casting because you can see where, how and who. Imagine a spell being something you grow in your hands or whatever.

T4 granting INT has always been a problem. For magic builds INT is key, and for one T4 to give INT will make it stand far above the other abilities.

>Perhaps a needed buff to help magic-users with nullify?
One trick ponies deserve punishment.
>mobility
>defense
>preparation
>awareness
Take your pick. Any of these can help.

>>50471545
I've been at work all day, don't be like that, come on. But at least I'm not letting you down since you know what I like.

But anyway, humor me, what valid criticism or concerns do you have and I'll respond to it.

>>50471577
>Can nullify be overpowered by high INT?
No.
>Does it affect aura-type abilities that aren't strictly cast spells?
Aura type?
You mean self-magic like Blessed and Phoenix Revive? No.
You mean external magic like Enchantment and Tiger's Fiery? Yes.
>Does Siphon stack?
Sure.
>How long do temporary skills like all T4 Physical skills last?
I honestly can't say. I never designed them around cooldowns. Only on equal value and utility.

cont.
>>
>>50471662
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDXAZJ_AcEE

Just something I was reminded of by your response to the other anon. I have no intention to start anything, though, so I'll just stop here.
>>
>>50471577
>Does INT directly correlate with spell power/duration, or the capacity for energy stored? All of the above?
All except the time it takes to cast/charge spells. That's handled by your skill.

>>50471583
These 2 explained it, >>50471707 >>50471670

I designed it to be crit/attack speed/weapon skill (precision)/casting speed/cooldowns.
>>
>>50471326
Hooray!
>>
>>50471580
I don't remember anyone wanting it to be 'comfy'.

>>50471728
>But anyway, humor me, what valid criticism or concerns do you have
You know what they are. The Culling needs to be removed.

Make a lewd CYOA if you want to wank to players getting raped.
>>
>>50471793
The Culling does not need to be removed. If its so damn hard for you to come up with a strategy that works in your favour, just buy exemption you fucking pleb.
>>
>>50471728
My only suggestion is that you move the culling to the last half of the prevernal season and allow the shops and services to be open during the first half of that season.

That way people have more time to prepare.
>>
>>50471728
if you use incarnate, do you keep other skills when transformed into a monster?
like, could you be a magic-casting behemoth?
>>
>>50471793
>The Culling needs to be removed.
That's not a criticism or a concern; it's an ultimatum. Maybe hold back a little bit on posting until you understand what words mean, k?
>>
>>50471728
Mostly concerned with 5+ siphoners clearing big monsters for the actual game variant.
>>
I wonder if the culling was a drawback that gave you points, instead of needing to buy the right to not participate in it, people would still be so much bothered by it.
>>
>>50470310
THE WALL is now a Monster Hunter. And has fixed his build.

Blessing: +3 Stat Points
Skills:
Physical:
-1 Tempered
-1 Willpower WALLpower
-1 Enhanced
-1 Toughness
-1 Flurry
-1 Sixth Sense
-3 Iron Mass
-1 Martial Arts
-1 Athletics
-1 Shockwaves
Spiritual:
-1 One With Nature
-1 Monster Within
-1 Bloodlust
Weaponry:
-1 Blunt Arms
Ethereal:
-1 Indomitable
-1 Blessed
-1 Recall
-1 Pocketing
Licenses: +90 Glacial, Desert
Danger: +40 Ancient Glacial, Molten Desert
Persona:
-5 Age (25)
-5 Beauty (Stronk, Hueg)
Resources:
-10 Forge
-10 Alchemy
-10 Market
-5 Healing
-5 Fortune
-5 Scavenging
-5 Diner
-5 Bar
-5 Hot Springs
-5 Festival
-5 Club
-5 Gambling
-5 Underground
-40 Upper

Final Stats:
STR: 9
DEF: 14
AGI: 5
INT: 2
SKL: 3
>>
>>50471823
>Anon thinks he's good enough to come up with a strategy to stop all other players, including veterans several years his senior.
Now that's some delusion.

>>50471848
It's being criticized for the Culling's existence.
>>
>>50471927
If it didn't tax you for avoiding it, then nobody would care about it.
>>
>>50471728
Hey I'm not AntiCullingAnon nor do I have a problem with Nullification really but I want to point out that the difference between Nullification for Magic and Iron Mass for Physical is that BOTH are in the Physical discipline. Physical users are protected against themselves AND the other, at a discount compared to someone wanting to dip in from an otherwise thematically different build.

Like I said, I don't think it's a problem for reasons but that's probably where people are coming from.
>>
>>50471942
I said "a strategy that works in your favour" not a one-click-kill. Nothing is intended to be super-OP, and the fact that you're whining like a fucking bitch about it further amplifies the need for Culling to remain. Just buy exemption you fag, its not even expensive.
>>
File: Your_Opinions.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Your_Opinions.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>50471783
Yay!

>>50471793
Thought so.

No. That's my response before and it is now. Don't like it? Buy Exempt, which I only put in the CYOA for your sake. If it were a 100% up to me there wouldn't even be exempt. I also thought about making it more expensive at first.

>>50471827
I intended the last half of prevernal to be for the Wild Hunt noobies to be introduced, but I kind of like your suggestion.

>>50471836
You won't keep other skills as Incarnate. However, you can maintain skills before you turn, such as Twin Divide (and have them turn into a monster).

>>50471855
Yeah, I see your point. Maybe have it give diminishing returns?

>>50471969
Physical is the one tree that needs to be close range to be effective. Anything else has ranged and distance is an immense advantage.
>>
>>50471936
>Molten Desert

That sounds pretty bad, desu.
>>
>>50471995
but anon, if I'm not 100% guaranteed to live that means I'm 100% guaranteed to die! And that's bad!
>>
>>50471793
If you're going to ask that then be more diplomatic.

Here's the thing, I don't want to play the cyoa, it's never appealed to me because Hircene is a shit dick whose realm should have long since been overrun by slimes, but I've never said anything. If you want something done with the culling you'll need to appeal to Bliss better.

Take the notion of starting with hefty penalties, and having the option of it as a hefty point bonus. It incentives the culling but also makes it less central.

Alternatively give other work arounds for people who don't want to fight other hunters, say being banished to a mortal realm predator style to manhunt for extended periods. If Hircene wants blood then fine, but a hunter should have better options in terms of men to hunt if its going to be so heavily worth.

>>50472023
>Spoiler
But fuck me I guess.
>>
>>50472025
It's gonna be fun.
Lots of glass. Everywhere.
>>
>>50472025
>Molten Dessert

That sounds pretty good, desu.
>>
>>50472023
make a new version.

Make exempt 2x as expensive. We have some bullying to do
>>
>>50472083
You know active contempt does not encourage a healthy climate?
>>
>>50471995
A strategy that manages to outsmart everyone else, including your betters. Anon dear, you're very overconfident. Tell me why you aren't a billionaire already if it's so easy to outsmart everyone?
>>
>>50472023
You put in expect and made it prohibitively expensive, because as you've made it abundantly clear, this isn't about what's good for your CYOA or the world at all. You just get upset that people don't want to engage in your fetish, you're like those people who can't help but talk about feet all the time.
>>
>>50472054
The thing is, you can't convince Bliss of anything when it comes to his fetishes.
>>
>>50472023
Hey, I have some question for Time warp and Gravity manipulation. If you wouldn't mind to answer of coure.

At what upper limit would I possibly be able to accelerate an object ? And would I be able to multiply it's weight/mass ?

And saying that I have 3 in strenght, can I assume to be at peak human lvl in strenght ?
>>
>>50472146
youre going to get raped by me in the culling fagboy. Best get your ass ready now for the pounding
>>
>>50472146
Or like those losers that do nothing but ask for little girl and waifu CYOAs all the time.
>>
>>50472190
I've only ever made one Monster Hunter build, and I gave myself Exempt for free.
>>
>>50472216
>gave himself exempt for free
So you didn't actually play it, you cherrypicked?
>>
>>50472124
Haha you're so fucking condescending I'm glad that you never get anything your way. Go fuck yourself, yeah? Even a good strategy is never 100% safe, but it gives you a fighting chance. Just like what the rest of us have. If you're too mediocre or lazyminded, or even just too fucking dumb, to come up with one, then you should seriously considering offing yourself. You wont be missed.
>>
>>50472230
Different anon, that's not what cherrypicking is.
>>
>>50472230
> The ghost of Jean Paul Sarte looks mockingly in our direction.
>>
>>50472216
Nice.
>>
>>50472216
>gave myself Exempt for free.
looks like your ass is going to be in for quite a surprise
>>
>>50472246
>A fighting chance
>Anon thinks he can singlehandedly stop armies of veterans
What makes internet nerds so arrogant?
>>
>>50472275
Inflated ego as a defense mechanism due to being rejected by society.
>>
>>50471942
For future reference, you need to do more than assign a value to a thing to consider it criticism:

1. Identify the overall work you are criticizing - in this case, the Monster Hunter CYOA. (You did this. Good job!)

2. Describe and name the element of the overall work that you want to ascribe value to - in this case the Culling feature of the setting. (Again, you did this. 2/2!)

3. Specify the nature of the value you are assigning to said element - in this case, we can assume that "needs to be removed" implies that the Culling is negative or undesirable. (Wow! You're good at this!)

4. Explain which specific mechanisms or attributes of said element cause that element to be desirable or undesirable.

5. Describe the outcomes caused by those mechanisms or attributes, and connect them to the basic principles by which the people you are communicating with can agree that the outcome is desirable or undesirable.

This process may seem way too formal and difficult, but really it can be something as simple as:

>I didn't like(#3) the carrots(#2) at dinner(#1), they were too mushy(#4) and kind of bland(#4). They just kind of clotted in my throat(#5); I couldn't get that blandness out of my mouth the whole rest of the meal(#5).
>>
>>50472246
> After anon reminds me why I hate Anti-cullers, another reminds me why I hate the pros.
>>
>>50472023
How much benefit would you say >>50465841 gets from Enchantment? More than Hybrid and the +3 INT boon?
>>
>>50472275
how can there be any veterans if the older veterans before them would have culled them???
looks like we have a chicken and the egg problem here... or you're a fucking retard. one of the 2 I feel.
>>
>>50472275
>fighting chance
>stop armies of veterans
pick one. when your iq is greater than my shoesize you can come argue again.

seriously. even the veterans will use the very same skillset that you have access to. the only thing they have in their favour is more experience, and you have five full seasons to get experience from monsterhunting before the Culling. Why cant you do what they can? Smarts and strategy is what wins fights, not brute force. And even if you dont want to fight at all, and too much of a retard to buy something cheap like Exempt, there are many ways to escape, most of which also very useful in monsterhunting so you're not gimping yourself either.
>>
>>50472364
Because the first group of hunters would have nobody but similarly experienced individuals to fight against. Then the next Culling, they could team up with like-minded murderers. Then the same the year after that, and after that. Inertia favors the status quo, there's no real chance for pacifists to prevail and protect anyone because they can never get established.
Thread posts: 433
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.