[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat her, /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Vin-_Inkthinker.jpg (32KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Vin-_Inkthinker.jpg
32KB, 300x450px
Stat her, /tg/
>>
>>50460131
Edgy Guts Knockoff/10
>>
>>50460131
Let's see. Going by the fact that Vin only wielded a koloss-scale sword during that fight with the koloss, this would be the end of Well of Ascension. So using the Mistborn Adventure Game rules, at this point she'd have a Hemalurgic spike for Bronze (which is coincidentally is itself made of Bronze), a decent rating in the physical metals with a bit higher on the Iron and Steel, alright ratings in the non-Bronze mental metals, and a very high Duralumin rating.

>>50460151
Nah, she's just got that giant sword because she was fighting a bunch of ogres and her human-sized one broke. Had to improvise.
>>
>>50460131

Looks like a paintbrush in the thumbnail.

Monkey Island/10
>>
>>50460131
Stat what? Is there a woman somewhere in that blur?
>>
>>50460131
>woman gatsu

i'm intrigued, and not just my penis. what is this?
>>
>>50460131
how the fuck is she carrying let alone swinging that oversized blade with that teeny-weeny arms and nonexistent musculature? I'm seriously sick of this anime bullshit trope
>>
>>50460671
Sorry to disappoint, but it's a single scene from the Mistborn novel series. Vin, the woman pictured, is a wizard that eats certain metals and "burns" them for special powers like improved speed/strength/perception, magnetic push/pull, stealth against other metal users, and, in the case of a super-rare metal, limited precognition. See may also be under the effects of another sort of metal-magic in that scene; I'm not sure as its been awhile since I read the books. Like >>50460251 says, she normally doesn't wield hilariously oversized weaponry; she picked up that slab of iron during a fight with the koloss -- huge blue-skinned ogres *actual spoiler ahead* that were once men but were warped by a metallurgic ritual.
>>
I loved the heist feel of the first book. It was great. The second book started out really meh, though. The fact that they succeeded in their goal makes things rather boring. Does the book get any interesting?
>>
>>50460949
I remember feeling really "meh" by the end of book three because it went full "chosen one of prophecy" and had a giant climactic fight between not!God and not!Satan and despite that it was written well enough I really just wanted more magical Ocean's Eleven.

The Lies of Locke Lamora/The Gentleman Bastard series scratched that itch for a while, but the author got hit by depression hard and it's reflected in his writing.
>>
>>50461033
Yeah. I don't really like it when books go "kill-em-all". I get attached to characters. Suffering is fine, but I don't like it when they die just for shock value.
>>
>>50460949
>>50461033
>>50461581

Personally i liked the third. The second was always the weakest of the Trilogy though. More than anything i miss Kelsier. I loved that man.
>>
>>50460779
She can control metal with her mind (think telekinesis, but only for metals). Holding it is mostly simbolic. She can also gain superstrenght with her magic.

Also, no amount of muscles on a human frame would allow one to use a sword that big
>>
>>50461033
>>50461616

If you liked the first book, power through the next two so you can start reading Alloy of Law.

Its set hundreds of years after the high-fantasy mistborn arc, where magic has dilluted down to the point that I don't honestly think actual Mistborn exist anymore, just varieties of allomancers. Tech has been allowed to progress, so its old-west style technology with magic users, having rebuilt society after the near apocalypse.

Imagine Sam Vimes that can Steelpush working with 'deputized' criminals in order to deal with crimes that clearly have someone pulling the strings behind the scenes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.