[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mutants and Masterminds General: The Place Where People With

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: Bilstein.png (320KB, 438x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bilstein.png
320KB, 438x800px
>What is Mutants and Masterminds?

"Mutants & Masterminds, or M&M for short, is an adventure roleplaying game in which you, the players, take on the roles of fictional superheroes having thrilling adventures in an imaginary world. One player, the Gamemaster, takes on the job of creating that world and the stories for the other players to take part in. Together, you create your own tales of heroic action and adventure, like your favorite superhero comic books, television shows, or movies. You don’t need any expensive computers or video game systems to take part though. You just need a book, some friends, and plenty of imagination."

The game is currently in its 3rd edition.

>Links
>official site:
http://mutantsandmasterminds.com/

>official forum:
http://roninarmy.com/

>Atomic Think Tank archive (Created when Atomic Think Tank merged with he official forums. Has a lot of community made content including builds of DC and marvel characters that better approximate the abilities of the official facsimiles.)
http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=c2d27a35f0971d109aa12e5b2ae8bdb7

>3.5/Pathfinder conversions
> Classes: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?279503-D-amp-D-in-M-amp-M-a-new-approach-to-rebalancing-3-5-PF
>Monsters: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?p=706712#p706712

>ITT:
Interesting stat challenges: What are some weird but ways to explain Damage effects that have Alternate Resistance 0/r Dodge and/or Parry?

I was thinking of some weird magical rapier that, rather than simply damaging the opponent with stabs, punishes the opponent for "losing the duel" via supernatural forces and damages with a parry resistance (they'd get the chance to resist Parry after the attack roll unless you did some weird stuff with Reaction: When within range of an enemy).
>>
That could be interesting OP, I once used a sword that was Damage 8 Alternate Resistance: Fortitude, the blade was almost but not quite ethereal and instead of cutting drained the life force of whatever it hit
>>
>>50458277
I decided to quickly stat up the Rapier user as I was "threatening" to do last thread. Looking at it I can already see what I could do better (can't believe I forgot Strength Effect Multiattack, also deception isn't needed really when you have agile feint as I just figured out from the description of the fightign style).
>>
>>50458277
Hello M&M General.

My group and I have decided to run a game of M&M and I need to 1. get resources for playing the game and 2. get a premade adventure.

This is more of a break for me to continue to write the campaign for our D&D 5e game (I am unable to produce 6 hours of content a week for 6 players)

Anything I should know before I even start? We are all new to the system.
>>
File: sharlrepellent.png (139KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
sharlrepellent.png
139KB, 630x630px
>>50460581
RULE 1. GM HAS THE FINAL SAY
Mutants & Masterminds is so easy to break as to make the exercise of doing so meaningless, make sure that your players make a character that they would want to read a comic based on, not a min max power faggot

Stay away from variable and shapeshifting, they are more involved than a player or GM new to the system should try to handle

Be sure to award Hero Points when the players do something self sacrificing, suitably heroic, or just plain cool. Heroes use Hero Points let players use their powers in one off ways like Captain Marvel/Shazam using the lightning that transforms him as an attack, they also allow for rerolls and the ability to Alter the Scene e.g. Batman spends a hero point to say that he just so happened to bring along his Bat Shark Repellent
>>
>>50460729
>>50460581
Also remember that Powers can be used to represent training and natural talent for example Batman could conceivably have a Power called Worlds Greatest Detective that would be Post-cognition with the roll required extra or 1-2 ranks in speed and leaping to represent his years of physical conditioning
>>
>>50460581
http://www.d20herosrd.com/

Here are the free rules, although the format is kinda funky at the moment. I'd also heavily recommend herolab, even just using the demo will help in power building.
>>
>>50460729
>>50460826
Awesome, do you know of a premade adventure book, akin to what "Out of the Abyss" is for D&D 5e?
>>
File: 1436216672416.jpg (3MB, 4805x6359px) Image search: [Google]
1436216672416.jpg
3MB, 4805x6359px
>>50460914
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/026war1l4oo42/Mutants_and_Masterminds#026war1l4oo42

If you check out 3e's Emerald City stuff you can find a Caper An adventure path called Emerald City Knights that provides a convenient origin for all the characters and serves to set them up as the cities new super team
>>
>>50461036
Much thanks friend.

How are Anti-Heroes handled? One of my players has more of an... evil streak to him than others.
>>
>>50461119
GM by GM basis
Make sure all your players know the Tone you are going for before they make their characters you don't want the Punisher hanging out with Silver Age... well with Silver Age anyone really
Also 2e has a sourcebook for just about every comic Age which is easily translated into 3e in case you need any inspiration
>>
>>50461119
Depends on what the kind of game setting it's going to be and exactly how "evil" are we talking.
>>
File: witch_bitch_by_numioh.jpg (159KB, 1200x709px) Image search: [Google]
witch_bitch_by_numioh.jpg
159KB, 1200x709px
Yo, anyone mind give me some random chump ideas to throw in a coliseum consisting of people from multiple dimensions around power level 12-13?
>>
>>50460581
>6 hours of content

Holy shit, i thought the average was 3-5.
>>
>>50462419
No wonder why he's exhausted. I'm surprised even the players have that much energy.
>>
It's odd that you can have a thread for every D&D edition and pathfinder and each of those threads gets 500 replies but Mutants and Masterminds barely gets any attention
>>
>>50463475
thats because the majority of people play DnD in one form or another, or have played it at some point.

Anything past that gets severely fewer players, and is talked about less as a result.
>>
>>50463634
Its a shame really, only recently discovered M&M myself, ans its a real breath of freshair after years of WoD/40kRPG/runeQuest

having fun playing a goodguy litch, along with a ghost and deathknight. fun times
>>
>>50463634
>>50464950

It's probably because a lot of people are afraid of change, and resort to clinging onto what they've spent so much money and time on. I've had players hate the system for its character creation and then I realize they haven't read the rules.
>>
Speaking about chargen, is there any tool to make it easier? I've only found convoluted excel sheets which look like a pain in the ass to translate to the actual sheet and herolab which I'm not so willing to pay 30 bucks for
>>
>>50467930
Herolab is actually free for the most part, the only thing you can't do in Herolab's demo is save the files. Otherwise, you can input the stats into the system and either printscreen it like some of my players did or copy all the info you put down on a PDF.

I paid 30 bucks and even more for the bonus packs. I'd say I got my money's worth, but I understand that those new to the system might not want to make upfront investments.
>>
>>50468008
Oh, that's good to know, thanks
>>
Would it be too much of a stretch to get into a forcefield-protected seaside city by using a superacid to burrow under the forcefield's range? Asking as a GM for reasons of covering possible plotholes.
>>
>>50468900
Why a stretch? If forcefield does not go underground you can easily play a mole. Just try to not get water in your acid - they sometimes have too exciting reactions.
>>
>>50469063
Okay, thanks! Although another question I have is that the construct minions responsible for doing this are using tadpole mutants from isles of junk pretty far away from the city.

What would be a way these junk constructs could travel unnoticed to the city from so far away? Note that wiring is not an issue with these things, as they're animated by forces supernatural.
>>
>>50469941
Under the sea of course! Submarine basically. Depending on what type of supernatural you have the actual "submarine" can be many things. From clockwork/steampunk abomination to some biomonstrosity by the name of Leviathan.

Ship mutants to some remote location around the city and after there will be enough of them put them to digging. They gonna make earth soft with their acid and it will be easy to remove it. Or if there will be enough of them they can even dissolve it making a tunnel.

Though constructs will need to feed them. So they will need either to ship food to the dig-site or get in other place. A good chance for players to intercept them.
>>
>>50470038
I suppose I am making this harder than I should. Thanks for the help!

I was also thinking of a plothook involving the PCs having to deal with some tadpole mutants being left behind in the city to grow and breed via infesting the food supply.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.