[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While something that can otherwise be overlooked and ignored,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1476732231445.jpg (126KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1476732231445.jpg
126KB, 730x1095px
While something that can otherwise be overlooked and ignored, something I wonder is when wearing power armor and seeing how they are usually designed, how do you go to the bathroom in them?

A classic example is Dune where the Still suits (not technically power armor but whatever) is designed to take body waste and convert it into water.

Perhaps having nanomachines that live in your guts and your kidneys and breakdown body waste to be used again or perhaps used to power the nanomachines themselves? What would the consequence be of not actually pooping or peeing for longer periods of time?
>>
>>50455799
Most of them just have inbuilt filtration/recycling when the setting bothers to actually explain it. From a narrative standpoint it's kind of a waste of time to get into.
>>
>>50455799
Power Catheters.
>>
>>50455839

I agree, there is (and never) should be a mechanical component to it. simply an aspect of worldbuilding to help get an idea of what people wearing fully sealed armor for long periods of time would have to deal with.
>>
Same like regular spacesuits. The other wiki has everything you want to know about taking a crap in space.
>>
>>50455839
Yeah, such technical details are usually overlooked, unless they become critical to the plot.

You don't describe, how your fantasy adventurer had to take a dump while camping or what the maintenance of a space ship consists, unless there is change of conflict, plot hook etc. such as kidnapping attempt of the now separated party member or lack of spare parts for life support.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.