[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas for missions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (111KB, 300x564px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 300x564px
Okay, I'm currently preparing for a GURPS campaign where the PCs are modern day mercenaries, working for a mysterious organisation.

Pic unrelated.

The first few missions will be relatively mundane. Then the party starts to find out that they're pawns in a global secret war over strange supernatural artefacts (they all look like grey bricks and give you a spell per artefact). These artefacts drive you insane over time, of course. Get enough of them, and you invoke horrible rituals (one can destroy the world).

Point is, can you give me some ideas for covert/SpecOps missions to send the PCs on? Remember, they don't have to have supernatural or horror elements right away. And each artefact can grant corrupting arcane knowledge or a "magic" power - one per artefact and somewhat limited (maybe requires the physical artefact to be present to be used).
>>
>>50450900
Donjon has a cyberpunk job generator (Science Fiction > Random Generator > Cyberpunk Jobs) that you could use; just file off the megacorp names.
>>
File: 1-F-403-391-800x800.jpg (329KB, 1000x678px) Image search: [Google]
1-F-403-391-800x800.jpg
329KB, 1000x678px
>>50450900
Do a midnight HALO jump into Raqqa to capture (not kill) Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS. He is in possession of a magic artefact that increases the savagery and bestial natures of everyone within 10 Km of it. Every drop of blood spilled near it increases its power.

Can the PCs resist the allure of the blood idol and avoid killing their target...and themselves?
>>
>>50450900
Since you're using GURPS, have you checked books like Covert Ops, Black Ops and Illuminati? IIRC they have a bunch of adventure seeds/missions you could re-use.
>>
>>50453510
Fukken sweet
>>
>>50451773
Not OP, but this is exactly what I was looking for
>>
>>50450900
I wonder what how one could pull off a Twitch Plays DnD. Maybe 4 different chanels going at the same time, each is a different player. One big issue is you would need a DM with practically no life at all.
>>
File: AwtaW81.png (613KB, 512x1094px) Image search: [Google]
AwtaW81.png
613KB, 512x1094px
>>50450900
A seashell that is actually all that remains of an ancient god. It promises you great power and fulfillment of all your wishes, if you simply follow it's advice...
And it's speaking the truth - it is a great advisor. Too bad it's also using you as a pawn to bring itself back from the dead.
>>
>>50455647
Ehhh... sounds okay to me.
Bonus points if it's honest about it all.
>>
Read team 7. Original run not n52. I think it could have some decent plot hooks for you. It's basically about a group of operators being jerked around by a shadowy government organization, who exposes them to crazy shit to try and make super soldiers. They get powers, but said powers are driving them insane. Also, fighting Russian psychics, cause everything needs Russian psychics.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.