[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 405
Thread images: 43

File: Genestealer cult.jpg (162KB, 1083x718px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer cult.jpg
162KB, 1083x718px
Cancer and 1001 point games edition.
Previous thread: >>50443322

Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
>>
>>50448454

Why does your OP image have two waifus and a USELESS FAGGOT WHORE in it
>>
Remember guys, if you make a general saying you're right, you're inarguably right!
>>
Blood Angels best angels
>>
>>50448463

That's OVER 100 MULTIMELTAS (っ`Д´ς )
>>
>>50448463
Remember it's not cheating if you call anyone that complains a friendless autist.
>>
>>50448490
Anon-kun!
Would you like to play a 1001 point game with me?
>>
>>50448463

You were wrong last thread, and you're wrong now. Going over the points limit is cheating. Move on.
>>
HAVE YOU PRAISED THE OMNISSIAH FOR THIS GLORIOUS MORNING AND THE MIRACLE OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK TO LET YOU SEE IT
>>
Xth for taking 2 heavies a squad and calling anyone who complains a sperg
>>
File: 20161129_110949.jpg (993KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_110949.jpg
993KB, 2048x1152px
>100% sealed
>box is punctured
I'm a little triggered.
>>
>>50448485
No it's not.
>>
>>50448496
No, piss of aladdin.
>>
>>50448511

Shrink wrap wasn't perforated. HAHAHA SUCKA

>starts selling "shrink-wrapped" products on eBay
>it's just sprues in cling wrap
>>
Holy shit master of mankind was bad. It just shat on the central tenet of the setting for me. I will never accept this depiction of the Emperor as canon. ADB needs to be taken out and shot for this disgrace of a book.

For a guy who once talked about keeping mystery in the setting... I dont even know what to to fucking say. Im disgusted by this book.
>>
>>50448532

Care to elaborate?
>>
>>50448534
No. Dont read it and ignore it completely.
>>
>>50448532
What was bad about it? I don't mind spoilers.
>>
>>50448537

Well, I kinda can't, as if it's *that* bad, and it's from BL, then it's canon. So I need to know.
>>
File: 20161129_112539.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_112539.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>50448528
Breh
>>
>>50448532
>reading BL ever

There's a reason dozens of people every day tell you not to do this and say BL is shit. Guess you just don't listen.
>>
>>50448537
brb buying it now
>>
>>50448510
I have two heavy weapons in a squad

in my pants
>>
>>50448538
>>50448541
Spoilers I guess.

>‘I will face the Sixteenth,’ the Emperor interrupted
This is Emps talking about Horus. He thinks about the Primarchs by fucking serial number. This is Horus his favourite son that he could bare to kill until the end. Its all fucked now bois.

>The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40,000 – in all its Gothic, towering, Cyclopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty – has taken its first irrevocable step.

This is the start to ADB's afterword. Unless youre a Chaos fag leave this shitty hobby behind cause that s the future now.
>>
>>50448511
>>50448547
How much did that cost?
>>
>>50448571

SQUAD BROKEN
>>
>>50448496
Sure.
You don't have a legal army list.
I win.
>>
>>50448579

>expecting the "good" guys to win when GW are trying their hardest to make a edgy grim dark reality where nothing matters
>not expecting them to do the exact same thing as they did in fantasy
>being this blind

Of course it was gonna dark end to the galaxy, who would actually be happy with "and then the chaos gods gave up and all the chaos bad men died and humanity prospered and the emperor got better"
>>
>>50448579
You don't even know that it'll all end the same yet.

It's Horus on the golden throne.
>>
>>50448606
>>expecting the "good" guys to win
Its the HH you stupid fucking cunt. We already know who wins and what happens go fuck yourself with a rake
>>
>>50448579
For 30 years, GW have said the Imperium is doomed. If not Chaos, then Nids, or Necrons, or Orks or whatever.

And you're surprised it's got dark endings?
>>
File: 1480274130073.gif (2MB, 240x220px) Image search: [Google]
1480274130073.gif
2MB, 240x220px
>>50448614
>>
>>50448606
>who would actually be happy with "and then the chaos gods gave up and all the chaos bad men died and humanity prospered and the emperor got better"

About the same number of people who would be happy with "and then the evil spiky badmen killed everyone and raped their souls for ever and ever and ever while the chaos gods laughed at the silly mortals who thought they had a chance of escape".

Advancing the setting was the worst decision GW has made for 40k in a decade. The End Times in Fantasy proves they can't write an engaging story to save their lives, and now we're all stuck with the same shit being rehashed in another game line.
>>
>>50448581
£35, which I thought was pretty good
>>
>>50448579
honestly the chaos fags are being played to
the whole stalemate was JUST AS PLANNED
i bet the fucking detached writers at bl think this is an ending that satisfies everyone because "nobody wins lmao" to
>>
>>50448618
>this is exactly how people talked about the Old World in fantasy shortly before the End Times, that it was only a matter of time before chaos won and the good guys were just prolonging the inevitable
scared.jpg
>>
>>50448618
Abaddons sword is stronger then the Emperor. Your point is invalid.
>>
>>50448579
To be fair, that's the Emperor at his most private. He's going to think weirdly about things.

He's 50,000 years old.

So he might refer to them as numbers, he might still like them. Or at least Horus.
>>
File: little plastic dudes.png (102KB, 704x533px) Image search: [Google]
little plastic dudes.png
102KB, 704x533px
Can anyone help me with this list and tell me if it can take on all types of lists?

The idea is to have loads of objective secured troops with the weapons to take on any kind of threat, that way there is nothing I cant handle.
The scouts just sit in my deployment zone.
>>
>>50448715

Either commit to the drop pod or don't use it. What'll happen is the drop pod will come in, the marines inside get one round of shooting, then get wiped out because none of their support was nearby because they're still driving up the board.
>>
>>50448109
>started a deathwatch army and have no idea what they're doing with it?

I know more or less what I'm doing with it.

Making an allied force that's basically a deep-striking dakka squad that enemies will fear charging.
And having fun making unique models.
>>
>>50448659
Spoilers again. Sorry I had to go find this bit. ADB's Emperor does not like the Primarchs.

‘Divine One,’ he said, before he knew he was going to say anything at all.
‘A compromised primarch is still a primarch,’ the Emperor mused, still distracted. ‘What is it, Arkhan?’ Land hesitated. ‘You are more sanguine than I would have imagined in this moment, even knowing of your holy detachment from emotion.’ ‘What would the alternative be?’ The Emperor laid the bloodstained gloves on a nearby surgical trolley, where red-marked knives and other instruments lay wet and freshly used. ‘That I might mourn the Twelfth as though it were my injured son, and I its grieving father?’ ‘Never that, Divine One.’ Arkhan chose his words with care. ‘Though some might expect that.’ The Emperor unlocked the sealed vambraces of His hazard suit, then removed the surgical mask that had covered His face until now. ‘It is not my son, Arkhan. None of them are. They are warlords, generals, tools bred to serve a purpose. Just as the Legions were bred to serve a purpose.’

As we can see any and all interactions with the Primarchs were simply attempts at manipulation. The Triumph at Ullanor, manipulation. Fulgrim wearing the Emperors Aquila, manipulation. Emperor thinking he could save horus until he watched custodes/Pious die, manipulation I guess? Its just so fucking dumb and retcons so much. The tragedy of the Heresy is now gone.
>>
File: Skitarii.png (36KB, 676x787px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii.png
36KB, 676x787px
Is this decent enough of a list or should I cut down a bit on the squad size and maybe add some Ruststalkers or Dragoons instead?
>>
>>50448780
ADB is fucking cancer. He's one of BL's best writers from a technical standpoint, but he pisses all over the lore in a way not even Abnett can match.
>>
File: 1430122841909.jpg (14KB, 301x353px) Image search: [Google]
1430122841909.jpg
14KB, 301x353px
>1001 points is the new forced meme
>>
>>50448780
I like it.

Also Emps waiting for Horus to kill Pius after he killed Sanguinius is equally as stupid.
>>
>>50448795
Yeah its a well written book. But its hard to care about that when its shitting on the lore when the lore is the reason I'm reading it anyway. I wouldnt read his series if he wrote one.
>>
>>50448804
It wouldn't be if people didn't get so butthurt and feed and the trolls.
>FUCKING CHEATERS, LOOK HOW NOT TROLLED I AM. WOOOOOOOW YOU GUYS ARE NOT GETTING TO ME AT ALL, STONE, FUCKING, WALL.
>>
>>50448780
To be fair, saying they were made as tools and warlords, not as his sons, doesn't mean that he does not like them. He might not love them like a father, but he still might like them like a person might like their car or PC or miniatures.
>>
>>50448750
I only have one more drop pod and I plan to buy an ironclad for that.
How can I support them?
>>
>>50448804

Completely shit-tier meme at that, too.
>>
>>50448821

That'd be a valid point, if the person claiming it wasn't cheating was trolling in the first place. But they weren't. Sure, the idiots bandwagoning afterwards might be, but hey.
>>
>>50448816
sanguinius had a fighting chance
killing ollanius was just cruelty
but yeah he shoudla went ballistic as soon as he saw dead space jesus
>>
>>50448841
What makes a meme a meme is repetition.

Even if you believe the first guy was genuine, the only thing leaving ANGRY messages full of abuse does is encourage contrarian shitposting to rile up people more.
>>
>>50448858

I didn't even have anything to do with the argument. But yeah, it doesn't matter how wrong someone is, people will always "pretend" to be retards and encourage a reaction.
>>
>>50448841

Well, the original post was an ork player saying "just take more points than them :^)" with no mention of whether they asked to do this, which is cheating whether they were trolling or not. I assumed this 1001 point list game meme was to trigger autists who don't like it not being a round number, not that he was insinuating he'd take an extra point in a 1000 point game
>>
>>50448841
It seriously, really, honestly isn't cheating.

I don't do it, but if someone rocked up with a 1003 point army in a 1000 point game, I wouldn't care, and outside of tourneys no one else really should either.

I sincerely don't understand why this is causing so many arguments. I am legitimately confused, guys. Can someone chime in on why it matters so much?

I'd get 1050 or even 1020, but who cares if they're a couple of points over? Why does it matter?
>>
Is it OK to take 1001 points if you base your army around Aladdin? :^)
>>
>>50448870
See, this is cheating, I get this. But if someone asked prior, why does it matter?

>>50448877
This is me, by the way.
>>
>>50448870
>he
Don't pretend you're not the one who brought the 1001 point thing into a new thread, Mr. Everyone Who Disagrees Is An Autist.
>>
>>50448870
>autists
Take ANY number of points over the limit is cheating you stupid prick, stop forcing this stale fucking meme.

It doesn't matter if it's even ONE, POINT.
>>
>>50448715
how do you make these lists?
>>
>>50448870

On reading the thread, I think the point of it was that they were trying to belittle anyone who disagreed with a falsely equivalent argument.

>"Taking extra wargear on all my squads for free is fine, because Orks need it so it's totally fine"
>"But that's cheating"
>"WOOOOOOW 1001 POINTS GOT YOU RILED UP AUTIST AUTIST AUTIST"

It's just some idiot assmad a lot of people disagreed with them.
>>
File: nuclearcodes.png (1MB, 1178x728px) Image search: [Google]
nuclearcodes.png
1MB, 1178x728px
Been a while since I 40k. Whats with these start collecting boxes? Is this gamesworkshops way of trying to sell me cheaper Chaos Space Marine boxes?

I feel like there has to be a catch here with these...
>>
>>50448579
That's fucked

How did ADB get the green light for this?
>>
>>50448870

Going over the points limit is cheating. The limit is there for a reason, if you can't get your list within the limit then change it.
>>
>>50448900
http://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Here you are my friend.
It crashes sometimes but it has pretty pictures.
>>
>>50448912
The catch is you're giving GW money
>>
>>50448877
I feel the same way but, yes, it is technically against the rules which upsets some people.

It's like the RAW vs RAI arguments, following the spirit of the game vs following the rules of the game.
Without the rules there would be no game, without fun there would be no players.
>>
>>50448893
I didn't bring it in, but getting butt blasted about people playing 1001 point games instead of 1000 is pretty autismal as fuck m80
>>
>>50448945

Yes, but you're saying in a roundabout way that you need to cheat in order to have fun. That's not a truthful argument.

Going over points isn't in the spirit of the game. It's really, really not that hard. If you're at 996 points, being 4 under isn't going to kill you. Same with 1499.
>>
>>50448894

I wasn't saying take any points over the limit, I said I assumed as it wasn't stated that the original poster of this shit meme was playing a 1001 point game, not 1000 and taking an extra point. If they've agreed to it then what's the problem? Where in the rules does it say "Games may only be played with lists consisting of 750, 1000, 1500 and 1850 points. Any deviation is CHEEEATINGGG"
>>
>>50448958

People aren't upset about that. You can play whatever point limit you want. It's about people going over the point limit that is set.

If you play 1001 points, or 1550, or whatever, then that's fine to go to that limit. Playing 1000, and going to 1001, is cheating. Same as going to 1020, or 1050. I don't understand the confusion here.
>>
Either you STRICTLY enforce the rules against everyone's better judgement or you don't.

If you think that going just one point over the limit, that the rules are sacred, then you support cataphracii captains taking bikes and blue/brimstone horrors rolling on malefic.

If you don't mind, you support fun and interesting games.
That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
>>
>>50448903

Well, even though I disagree with taking free wargear as cheating and don't go over the appointed amount of points, just posting my interpretation got me 5 replies of hate without them even reading it, so yeah they're being pretty autistic and sperging out at seeing 1001 without even reading the post.
>>
>>50448971

Not the point of the argument. Nobody's saying that there must be set increments of points. The point is that going over a limit set for the game is cheating.
>>
>>50448980

I know, Jesus Christ I don't even go over points I'm usually 4 points under because shitty costings. I don't even approve of this meme shit but everyone's reading it like I was defending it when I was just interpreting it as they're playing 1001 point games.
>>
>>50448990
Which it is.

It's against the spirit of the game, just like taking multiple riptides within a list or... well, pretty much anything Tau do.
>>
>>50448981

That's not really the point of the discussion at hand, and you know it. RAW/RAI (even with the examples you've given, which are pretty clear-cut illegal unless you're an absolute full-blown autist) and actual cheating are two completely separate issues.
>>
>>50448990

Which brings me to my first post which garnered all the hate. Some ork player took free upgrades and extra points which is cheating.
The 1001 douchebag never explicitly stated he was taking more points than the limit and asked other anons for a 1001 point game, people are incapable of separating the idea that the game could be 1001 not 1000+1 cheating. Fuck me.
>>
>>50448998

At least we can all agree that the Tau are faggots. Through blueberry hate, unity.
>>
>>50448795
Completely agree. It makes his stance on the Thousand Sons all the more retarded.

>>50448780
>>50448579
The HH series started promising enough, but it's just been a slow, steady decline into stupidity.
>>
This argument is like watching two retards fighting to suck a door knob.
>>
>>50449038

Nemesis was the end of the HH being even halfway decent.
>>
>>50449012
>which are pretty clear-cut illegal
... if you're playing RAI.

RAW they're perfectly legal.
>>
File: rulebook.png (102KB, 1187x356px) Image search: [Google]
rulebook.png
102KB, 1187x356px
>it's autism
No, it's the fucking rules. The whole point of two people agreeing to play 40k or warmahordes or whatever is they obey what the rulebook for that particular game says, and the 40k rulebook explicitly says you do not go over the agreed limit. Asking people to follow this rule is no more autistic than asking them to obey the rules for the rest of the game.
>>
>>50449059

Fucking thank you. It's not that hard to follow the rules set out in the book. Going over the set limit is cheating. End of story.
>>
>>50449044
Eh, Battle for the Abyss was just a very shitty book, and Legion was beginning of inserting really, really stupid subplots that no one wanted.
>>
>>50448780
I think you've gotten too emotionally I vested in the father son side of thingas. The emperor has always seen the primarchs as tools, just as he did the thunder warriors. This is consistent with his personality.
>>
>>50449059

Not following this is like someone saying "Yeah but I want my Fire Warriors to have Split Fire and Preferred Enemy (Everything), that's fine right? Yeah that's fine."

"But that's blatant cheating."

"WHY DO YOU CARE AUTIST I ASKED YOU BEFOREHAND JESUS GET SOME FRIENDS"
>>
>>50449076
Yeah, I remember the time I almost let my socket wrench murder me because I loved it too much.
>>
So, moving away from this shitfight...

What's everyone working on at the moment?
>>
Many thanks to whoever got the Dec issue of white dwarf into the trove! Great help, cheers
>>
>>50449126

Building up my first army, starting with the Skitarii Start Collecting box.

CRABTANK MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>50449076
>I think you've gotten too emotionally I vested in the father son side of thingas.
Yeah I hate when people take the canon view of things. Thats why I wait for a BL author to come along and tell me why the old fluff was wrong.
>>
>>50449126
Upblinging some of my 4th company Ultramarine vets with 30k bits.
Mildly disappointed a lot of it is model parts, rather than bling. I like to decorate my dudes, and I can't use a lot of the baller 30k items without just making new dudes.
>>
>>50448804
How many two shot rending lascannons can my smashfuckers in landraiders take at 1,001 points?
>>
>>50449140
Fuck those legs FUCK THOSE LEGS FUCK THOSE FUCKING LEGS

The person who decided those things needs spikes on the parts you need to hold together when assembling needs to be fucking shot.
>>
>>50449140

Speaking of which, actually, how is this as a 1k army expanding on that box?

Tech-Priest Dominatus (Volkite Blaster, Conversion Field, Phosphor Serpenta, Scryerskull Persipicatus, Infoslave Skull)

Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Power Sword, 3x Plasma Caliver)
Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Power Sword, 3x Plasma Caliver)

Kataphron Destroyers x3 (Heavy Grav-cannon, Cognis flamer)

Onager Dunecrawler (Neutron laster, cognis heavy stubber, extra cognis heavy stubber)

Vindicare Assassin

TOTAL: 990pts
>>
>>50449126

I'm personally just working on painting my fuckhuge backlog.

Got so, so much left to do:

- 40 Assault Marines
- 5 Vanguard
- 30 Tacticals
- 15 Devastators
- 4 Drop Pods
- 1 Deathwatch Drop Pod
- 10 Deathwatch Kill Team
- 9 Honour Guard
- 1 Terminator Librarian
- 7 Librarians
- 4 Land Speeder Storms
- 2 Land Speeders
- 4 Ironclad Dreadnoughts
- 1 Knight Gallant
- Inquisitorial Warband w/ Chimera
- 2 Stormtalons
- 1 Terminator Captain
- 1 Captain
- 10 Terminators
- 10 Assault Terminators

I've only painted a Vanguard Squad, Jump Pack Librarian, 20 Scouts, 5 Grey Knight Terminators, a Drop Pod, and Company Champion thus far. So much left to do.
>>
How do you make a good Thousand Sons list without resorting to Magnus?

I keep seeing people claim that Thousand Sons are viable once you start maxing out formations for the save reroll, but that's just way too expensive to work. A naked War Cabal is 1500 even, and none of those units are particularly good at anything other than being kinda-to-pretty durable and killing MEQ's standing in the open. Upping the four Sorcerers to ML3 and giving them Spell Familiars (aka the only reason to run Sorcerers) eats up another 260 points. That leaves you 240 points with which to buy an Auxiliary for the Coven and add some Heavy Weapons to the Scarab Occult.

Everything just costs so much, and often for so little, that I just don't really see how Thousand Sons can work as a standalone faction. Losing 1/2 spells to the Discipline of Change means that I'm better off sticking with undivided Sorcerer spam if I really want casters, and the rubricae themselves are still tax-tier even in the detachment.
>>
>>50448804
1001 isn't OP in 7th coming right up
>>
>>50449210
The short answer is you cant

The long answer is you are going to have to rely on some kind of ally as thousand sons are critically lacking in the anti-armor and bodies department. You are going to have to abandon the idea of building up to re-rolling saving throws of 1 as it is not worth it for the points investment in your average game. Demons are the most obvious answer as a way to fill this role since horrors and heralds are stupid powerful now
>>
>>50449210
>How do you make a good Thousand Sons list without resorting to Magnus?
poorly, but a workable casual list is probably doable

Small squads with flamers in rhinos, some tzaangors for chaff, dreadnoughts for heavier firepower, and either a large squad or a core of terminators in a land raider for a bit of a hammer unit. Tsons can take land raiders, right?

Some kind of chosen analogue, or the option to give scarab occult combi-weapons and non-power weapon melee options would have gone a long way. The flamers filled one obvious weakness, but the lack of melta/plasma/heavy weapons outside of the terminator missile rack stings.
>>
>>50448454
OP, what the heck? Also guys, what army would the name "Paradise Company" be fitting for? I want to say IG, or Tau who decided to take the local slang for them as their actual name.
>>
File: Genestealer Cult - 1850pts.jpg (350KB, 900x1550px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer Cult - 1850pts.jpg
350KB, 900x1550px
I submit myself for critique
>>
>>50449369
Slaaneshi renegades and heretics
>>
>>50448912
No catch aside from the fact that the particular contents may not be optimal game wise. They're all good deals relative to retail and contain the exact same sprues with all the same options as the separate items. They're good for GW because they provide a single purchase to draw in new players, or players starting a new army regardless of the faction they're interested in.
>>
>>50449193
If you have the option to take a taser goad, then take it. In nearly every case it's the superior weapon.

Also, unless you want a Skittle alpha being your warlord, you will need to add another unit of kataphrons to make it not an allied detachment.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 313x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 313x500px
>>50449382
Not edgy enough for my taste. Also, have you wonder what happens when Slaanesh got its hands on the precursor of the Blight Drone? Well, here's what happens.
>>
>>50449381
Obligatory First Curse ball o' death/10
>>
>>50449100
Underrated post
>>
>>50449126
Some Acolyte hybrids. I fucking love these three armed jerks. I'm super pleased to see GW releasing new figs for unique looking critters like GSC and Tzaangors.
>>
>>50449401

Alright:

Tech-Priest Dominatus (Volkite Blaster, Conversion Field, Phosphor Serpenta, Infoslave Skull)

Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Taser Goad, 3x Plasma Caliver)
Skitarii Vanguard x10 (Taser Goad, 3x Plasma Caliver)

Onager Dunecrawler (Neutron laster, cognis heavy stubber, extra cognis heavy stubber)

TOTAL: 995pts
>>
>>50448509

I HAVE INDEED TECH_BROTHER!
>>
File: 1479940864574.jpg (87KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1479940864574.jpg
87KB, 640x475px
>>50449065

>no one is contesting that you shouldn't go over the limit
>the 1001 meme indicates the limit, not 1000 +1
>mfw you're too autistic to realise people play games where the points don't end in 0
>>
>>50449126

Finishing up my Deldar Warriors, then waiting a week and buying scourges
>>
>>50448825

They wouldn't write a 50 book epic and keep a massive science fantasy setting alive since 1987 based on the premise of me having a fight with my car, anon.

ADB just doesn't like the Emperor, and is using his position within the company to make everyone else not like him either.
>>
>>50449465
Please no anon, the argument had died off, just let it rest.
>>
>Said for years now that ADB and the HH are shit
>Finally the majority are seeing the truth

Good.
>>
>>50449465
I'm pretty sure the rule of 1 allows you to go 1 over the point limit. You should be fine anon
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 250x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 250x376px
>>50449533
Now you're being a unreasonable.
>>50449547
If it wasn't for the whole Emps's view on his boys the book would have been a 10/10. Well, maybe if Abby's sword wasn't so darn stronk too.
>>
What's this meme 1001?
>>
>>50449547
Public opinion turned against ADB and the HH series in general a while ago. The HH series decline in quality and general disregard for the established lore has been apparent for ages, and ADB's shitty habits have likewise grown more obvious with more written examples to examine.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 900x730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 900x730px
>>50449574
Anons being moronic about how if anyone calls you a cheater for going over the point limit means you get the right to call them autistic. Take this and know that Cthonia is real.
>>
>the Emperor's love for Horus as a son and the angst of their conflict in the Heresy has been one of the only constants of the HH since its inception
>"jeez guys, you're exaggerating the familial connection, the Emperor has always been an inhuman robot that thought of Horus as a tool with a numerical designation"
ADB pls go and stay go. We have enough shitposters without you in here lying about how your headcanon is the truth.

Blood Ravens are Thousand Sons successors and his butthurt about it is great.
>>
>>50449617

>B-but, they're just VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS

Your tears are delectable, ADB
>>
>>50449601
>>50449601
You're saying we reverse aging by sucking the blood of the young?
>>
>>50449126
Trying to decide on how to kit my DW Vanguard Vets.

Never done melee that wasn't meganobs or sluggabous so all the options are dizzying.
>>
>>50449381
Cut the statlines and pictures, just bloat.
There should be a "Text only test" so you can paste it instad of attaching a picture.
>>
>>50449617
His stance on the Blood Ravens is so hilarious now with the latest book. What a colossal knob-end.

I hope this pushes more people to realise BL has never been canon and is just a supplement to the lore in the codices
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 540x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 540x705px
>>50449714
I think the Blood Countess was onto something. It explains how a 69 year old "performance artist" can still look like she's in her forties.
>>
Secutarii models when
>>
>>50449744
>I hope this pushes more people to realise BL has never been canon and is just a supplement to the lore in the codices

Isn't that GW's official stance? For example, pro Imperium books should be read as Imperial propaganda?
>>
>>50449759
The BL authors and editorial staff love to get online and tell people that their books are 'the canon material'. Which is hilarious when we know GW has stated this shit is just to sell models. Still people believe it.
>>
>>50449744
My rule is "only the comics are canon cause the amount of work means the author puts in an effort"
>>
>>50449785
Ignoring Laurie Goldstein is always fun.
>>
Are Tyranid shrikes better or worse than warriors? Is the additional movement worth it? I've only played a few games and so far warriors seem to be the most efficient unit.
>>
>>50450054
>warriors seem to be the most efficient unit

I'm so sorry.

Go look at malanthropes and come back.
>>
>>50450063
But I don't have any malanthropes. Thanks for not understanding context. I'm basically asking if sticking wings on my warriors is worth it or not. Please be helpful.
>>
>>50450054
Shrikes are pretty good. Give them a melee weapon and they'll kill well against non-melee units.

But the 5+ makes them weak against any fire, and T4 doesn't help either
>>
So looking at mod nexus, one of the the most popular mods is the unofficial oblivion patch - do I get that INSTEAD of the official patch or as well as it?
>>
>>50450077
I understood the context. It's just sad. And no, it's not. They die to bolters for fucks sake.
>>
>>50450086
wat
>>
>>50450086
Get both of them.
>>
>>50450086
You missed /tesg/ friend.
>>
So I have the death watch over Kill box coming and want to know if the models in there would be good for kill team. Mostly the gene stealers
>>
>>50450054
I'm not sure how much Shrikes cost, and that could affect whether or not it's worth it, but generally more mobility is great since it allows you to more easily dictate where engagements happen, what you engage, and if you've kitted them out for melee then it's fewer turns spent being shot at and more turns earning their points back.
>>
>>50450094
How many massed bolter lists are there?
>>
>>50450054

Warriors are not efficient. Any player with half a mind will just turn any S8+ shooting at them, and Instant Death them.

They have a nice statline in a vacuum, but they're hard-countered by so much common stuff. Hell, they'll generally die fairly easily to massed bolter fire, which most armies bring in spades.
>>
>>50450129

It's not even huge amounts of bolter fire. If a tactical squad catches a shrike in the open, the shrike is going to get VERY hurt.
>>
>>50450129
Don't know. But with all the bolter equivalent weapons out there, they won't survive long. A single IG battlecannon can make the whole squad of expensive multi-wound models go away if they aren't in cover.
>>
>>50450098
>>50450102
>>50450117
oh shit, closed the wrong thread
>>
>>50449169
nah fuck those little pipes and tubes on the undercarriage and the ladder bars on the chassis, I've got fat thumbs so gluing those in place was a bitch for me
>>
>>50450123
They cost the same.

You're literally trading -1 to your armor save for a change to Jump Infantry, which can be good for board control, if the hit melee they're pretty useful.

But as >>50450094 said, they die to Bolters, which is not good, and means they go down quick if not kept in cover or in combat.

I like them for Kill Team, but outside that they can be a pass
>>
File: ColonD.jpg (46KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
ColonD.jpg
46KB, 500x418px
>>50449140
Noice, I just ordered a box of Kastelan Protectrons to add to my RadMech
>>
>>50450162
So are raveners a better alternative?
I keep making lists around warriors, I have two trygons, do they go well with raveners?
>>
>>50450191

Raveners are REALLY fragile.

Honestly, your best troop choices are just the humble gants. There's a reason "More Gants" is always recommended Nid expansion advice.
>>
>>50450209
So it's just better to spam shooty basic models? What weapon choice?
>>
>>50450222

Just plain 4-pt-each fleshborer termagants. As many as you can get.
>>
/tg/ can I get your opinions on this rework of vehicles. Moves them closer to monstrous creatures. In this rework vehicle rules remain similar in regards to their firing, immunity to initiative tests, and instant death. The change is switching to a toughness based on Front AV and an armour save based on total armour values.

AV Toughness
10 7
11 8
12 9
13 9
14 10
15 10

AV total Save
30-33 4+
34-37 3+
38-42 2+ / 6++
43+ 2+ / 5++

Armourbane unsaved hits cause three hull points or two hull points and vehicle damage
Graviton Wounds on six, 1 hull point and immobilizes , further sixes inflict 2 hull points
Haywire Wounds on a 2+
Lance Always wounds on a six at AP2
Melta Shots fired at half range have the armourbane USR
Ordnance Roll twice and pick the highest to wound
Rending Wound on a six, at regular AP
Sunder unsaved hits cause 2 hull points or one hull point and vehicle damage
Tank hunters, reroll to wound

Vehicle damage
Choice of Crew Stunned, Weapon destroyed, Immobilized or roll D3
If a vehicles is taken to negative hull points, vehicle explodes, otherwise wrecked.
>>
>>50450241
Ok cool. Thanks for the advice. I guess I will just invest in another pack of them then.
>>
>>50449759
>Isn't that GW's official stance?
considering how frequently they ignore/contradict the BL novels?

Yeah. It's pretty funny.
>>
>People adamantly complaining about being a few points over

Am I on dakkadakka? I thought that was their brand of autism.
>>
File: IMG_20161129_215140_AO_HDR.jpg (718KB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161129_215140_AO_HDR.jpg
718KB, 3120x4160px
Painting chevrons. Is it bad anons?
>>
>>50450254

That's not to say you can't invest in some big stuff later on, but you want a good floor of gants. They're so cheap, points-wise, if the opponent wastes one turn shooting at them, they've probably made their points back. Get them up in the face of something expensive, and force the opponent to choose either wasting a turn shooting at them or risk being bogged down in combat with them.
>>
>>50450286

Good enough. Remember that, if you're just looking for tabletop quality, you're going to be seeing it from 3 feet away.
>>
>>50450286
bit uneven in spots, but pretty good

I tend to make my chevrons thicker/wider so they stand out more on the table
>>
>>50450284
Please anon, let the argument die

It is interesting to see the different systems people have though, all of the tournaments/lgs games I've ever played where I live use a "no more than 1%" over the limit rule, rather than a hard points value.
>>
>>50450297
Table top or slightly is better is what I'm hoping for. I have kids that need feeding and cleaning
>>
>>50450250
It's shit. It makes vehicles too hard to kill, and reduces tactics in the game even further. There should be some advantages to positioning, and manoeuvring to hit vehicle rear armour is one of them.
>>
>>50450250
>Lance Always wounds on a six at AP2
Pseudo-Rending doesn't make up for the fact that you are making Lances terrible at their job. A better analogue would be having them always wound on a 4+, with or without pseudo-Rending.

Vehicles should not have built-in invulnerable saves either. MC's don't.
>muh Riptide
Wargear/Tau being OP.
>>
>>50450309

Then yeah, I'd say that's perfectly fine.

Iron Within, Iron Without.
>>
>>50450286
If you want to neaten them up a bit you can always go back over it with the gold and try to smooth all the edges of the yellow.

It's perfectly fine as is though.
>>
whats a good list for the tau in a combat patrol and kill team game? since youre limited to 500 and 200 points and arent allowed units with more than 2 wounds and 2+ armour?
>>
>>50450331
all the crisis suits
>>
>>50448877
If those 3 points don't matter why do you need them in the first place, is what I would ask an opponent.
>>
>>50450340
yeah thats what i was thinking but im gonna be up against scions so they will melt me with their AP3 hotshot lasguns
>>
>>50450357
jump shoot jump
>>
>>50450175
Get more bloops to make the bloopstar, giving your bloops IWND and cognis on all their weapons.
>>
>>50450357
Dont tailor against your foe you lil shit
>>
>>50448641
i'd prefer the orks win everything than nobody wins. this coming from a chaosfag.
>>
>>50448454
>1001 points
Thanks for letting me know this is a thing, I read the previous thread and holy shit it's hilarious.
>>
>be me
>ask 40k general about my small GSC list with allied Nids for monstrous creatures
>get told my list is shit, will do nothing, etc etc...
>play friendly basement table game with good buddy of mine
>slap his shit so hard he concedes at the bottom of 2
Fuck guys, I feel lied to. And dirty.
>>
>>50450401
That's the plan once I develop my army a bit more. I do love the idea of a bloopstar
>>
>>50450457
>thinking /40kg/ actually knows anything about the table top
>Fuck guys, I feel lied to. And dirty.

You were and you should.
>>
>>50449126
waiting for Magnus to arrive to I can revel in a slow, comfy paint in the evening with a podcast on in the background. Other than that just some pink horrors.
>>
File: 7 inch.jpg (822KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
7 inch.jpg
822KB, 1024x768px
>>50450456
Lets be honest, the game has been conversed to death.
Drama is all we have.
>>
>>50450457
>50450457
What list?
>>
File: 1474071546075.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474071546075.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>50450457
GSC tilt games hard against average lists and players. There's really no getting around it.
>>
File: 1403703378444.jpg (59KB, 605x390px) Image search: [Google]
1403703378444.jpg
59KB, 605x390px
>>50449601

>all these incredible breakthoughs
>still haven't discovered the secret to good CSM rules
>>
File: 82.jpg (11KB, 206x283px) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
11KB, 206x283px
Can anyone please tell me where to find the beast series books starting from Watchers in Death, I am poor and blueballed for months now, google isn't helping.

Please.
>>
>>50450488
Allied Detachment (Tyranids(455pts)

+ HQ (215pts) +
Hive Tyrant (215pts) [Heavy Venom Cannon, Lash Whip & Bonesword, Prehensile Pincer Tail]

+ Troops (60pts) +
Termagant Brood (60pts)
10x Fleshborer Termagant [10x Adrenal Glands]

+ Heavy Support (180pts) +
Carnifex Brood (180pts)
Carnifex [Heavy Venom Cannon, Regeneration, Scything Talons, Thresher Scythe]

Primary Genestealer Cults(545pts)

+ HQ (115pts) +
Patriarch (115pts) [Mastery Level 2]

+ Elites (280pts) +
Purestrain Genestealers (280pts) [20x Purestrain Genestealer]

+ Troops (150pts) +
Neophyte Hybrids (75pts) [8x Neophyte Hybrid (Autogun)]
Neophyte Hybrid w/ Heavy Weapon [Heavy Stubber]
Neophyte Hybrid w/ Special Weapon [Flamer]
Neophyte Leader [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon]

Neophyte Hybrids (75pts) [8x Neophyte Hybrid (Autogun)]
Neophyte Hybrid w/ Heavy Weapon [Heavy Stubber]
Neophyte Hybrid w/ Special Weapon [Flamer]
Neophyte Leader [Autopistol, Close Combat Weapon]
posting lists gives me anxiety because I fuck up my formats so often
>>
>>50450514
let me guess, the 400-point genestealer blob ate most of his army
>>
>>50449313
I didn't really want to go for the reroll saves, but I've seen it touted as the way to run viable rubrics in a couple places.

Currently I'm planning on just running a minimal Cabal with a hearty helping of Tzaangors (eventually) and Pink Horrors to provide numbers. I really wanted Thousand Sons that didn't end up as a fluff tax, but the supplement largely seems like a wash on that front.

>>50449315
Sure, hey can take Land Raiders, but that seems like doubling down on shitty units.

Scarab Occult are really disappointing. More AP3, subpart CC, and a shitty psyker. The new weapons aren't even particularly novel. The Soulreaper isn't much different from an Assault Cannon and we already have plenty of AP 3. The Hellfyre is just the Cyclone's retarded cousin.
>>
>>50448618
orks are the best ending for the universe.
They're peaceful when the waggghs get united and big enough.
>>
>>50450514
Yeah your format is shit but what is a brief summary of what your buddy was playing?
>>
>>50450525
Yeah, it took out the entirety of the side of the board it came in on, and on the second successful cast of summoning 5 hybrids my opponent just threw in the towel. It was disgusting
>>
>>50450556
IG, one Lamen (without battlecanon which I thought was a weird decision on his part), some rough riders, a vet squad with 3 flamers, and a platoon with a heavy weapons team. Oh, and 2 armoed sentinels. There were a couple other things I'm probably forgetting since he just started up guard and I've only played it a couple times
>>
>>50450514
>wingless tyrant
Even if you don't want to fly him that 12" move is too good to pass up.
>spending that many points on a carnifex
Not the worst I guess
>mixing stubbers and flamers
EW

What did you roll for the Patriarch's ambush?
Your list looks soft as fuck with the exception of the genestealer blob.
>>
>>50450586
That sounds like a shit tier IG list.
>>
File: IMG_0630.png (718KB, 838x911px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0630.png
718KB, 838x911px
>>50448971
>tfw me and my friend play 1005 point games. (Or we play 1403 points)
>>
>>50450590
I want to say I rolled the outflanking equivalent, but his heavy flamer low rolled basically as hard as it could have, all like 2s to wound on 8 stealers. They also passed a fair bit of invulns, but by the time they were able to assault there were still enough to clear about 20 guard and 5-6 roughriders
>>
>>50450586
Which leman? Plasma? Autocannons? The huge ignores cover blast that eats cultists and gaunts for breakfast?
Rough riders only real use is spearing marines on the charge.
Did his veterans not have a transport?

His list sounds just as soft as yours, bar the gene-sneakers and patriarch.
>>
>>50450561
take less than 20 next time

Like, in a 1000 point game, having a giant doom unit that's basically half of your points kinda makes the match kinda one dimensional.
>>
>>50450607
It sounds like a fluffy list to me, written by someone taking stuff that sounds like it fits in a guard army and/or that the like the models of.
>>
File: image.png (214KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
214KB, 1334x750px
Hey, I just noticed something here.
>Undivided, its genesis was sung by all four Choirs
>sung by all all four Choirs
>Undivided
Is Abby's sword an Undivided Daemon?
>>50450509
Son, that secret was discovered in 2002 when 3.5 was released.
>>
>>50450631
They for sure are both soft lists, we're only both just starting our armies and are still in the phase where we're just building what sounds neat and not really sure what's strong, as well as just not having many models to choose from. No transport for the vets, plasma on the russ. I'm not really surprised that genestealers won the day, they are just kinda the stronger army, but I'm SUPER surprised 2 dumpster tier lists with 2 inexperienced players and the difference in power was still so huge
>>50450645
Well kinda the only reason I have enough points to even field cults is because genestealers were always my favorite Nid model because they were one of the only things I had that could consistently kill space marines (what my older brother played before he got into Deldar)
>>
>>50449126
Painting my Avatar of Khaine. The forgeworld model is absolutely beatiful.
>>
File: 20161126_153455.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161126_153455.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50450457
> be me
> Constantly told that Dreadnoughts are shit
> also told conversion beamers are the worst option for contemptors
> Go to a tanks only Apoc game
> Me and buddy bring 40~ Dreadnoughts
> Sweep the enemy team so hard, the ref had to RESPAWN all their tanks
> We merely swept them off the board AGAIN.
> A Leviathan gets named MVP of the whole game for solo'ing 7 tanks in three turns.
>>
>>50450676
Sounds like bad luck, what do the sentinels have on them?

Rough riders murder marines.
That leman should have turned your Tyranid monsters steaming piles of slag, no saves allowed. It's better than a normal battlecannon in the long term but has accuracy issues without psyker support.
A transport for the vets maybe and tell him to use his infantry as living walls rather than have them in cover, always group them up.

It's not the worst list I can think of.
>>
So has there been any leak of the actual Wrath of Magnus book yet, please? I'm eager to start drafting lists.
>>
>>50449126
Trying to think of poses/designs for a custom Shadowsun model. Got a nice chestpiece built up but it has no jetpack-looking contraption. Stealthsuit legs but no idea on arms (has to be something I can mount fusion blasters on). Will use female ghostkeel pilot head with ponytail bit.
>>
>>50450702
>tanks only game
>bring a walker
????????
>>
>>50449126
Screencapping a bunch of pages from the GSC epub and compiling the images into a PDF. Does this make me retarded or a genius
>>
>>50450842
Depends on the quality of the resulting PDF
>>
File: Sad SM.png (1MB, 858x755px) Image search: [Google]
Sad SM.png
1MB, 858x755px
>>50448804
MFW you can include riptides with a church on the base in a 1001 point game as long as your opponent has some The Hanged terminators and a land raider. It's a shame that riptides are a melee unit but only I2.
>>
What would be a good start for a thousand sons army?
>>
>>50450803
It was "Anything with Armour value".
>>
Anyone willing to critique?
The First Curse

Patriarch (3) - 125pts
1 Patriarch: Psyker Master Level 2 2 Familiar
Purestrain Genestealers (20) - 280pts
20 Purestrain Genestealer

Lords of the Cult
Primus (1) - 75pts
Magus (1) - 65pts Psyker Master Level 2

Brood Cycle
Acolyte Iconward (1) - 65pts
1 Acolyte Iconward: Rending claws,Autoistol,Sacred cult bannner

Acolyte Hybrids (9) - 72pts
9 Acolyte Hybrid: Autopistol,Rending claws and close combat weapon

Acolyte Hybrids (9) - 82pts
8 Acolyte Hybrid: Autopistol,Rending claws and close combat weapon
1 Acolyte Hybrid: Autopistol,Rending claws and close combat weapon,Cult icon

Acolyte Hybrids (9) - 82pts
8 Acolyte Hybrid: Autopistol,Rending claws and close combat weapon
1 Acolyte Hybrid: Autopistol,Rending claws and close combat weapon,Cult icon
Neophyte Hybrids (10) - 50pts
10 Neophyte Hybrid: Shotgun,Autopistol

Neophyte Hybrids (10) - 50pts
10 Neophyte Hybrid: Shotgun,Autopistol

Hybrid Metamorphs (10) - 120pts
9 Hybrid Metamorph: Rending claws,Metamorph claw,Autopistol
1 Hybrid Metamorph: Cult icon,Rending claws,Metamorph claw,Autopistol

Purestrain Genestealers (5) - 70pts
5 Purestrain Genestealer

Goliath Truck (4) - 200pts Dedicated Transport

Chimera (2) - 130pts Dedicated Transport 2 Heavy flamers

Brood Brothers

Scout Sentinels (2) - 80pts
2 ScoutSentinel: Autocannon

Leman Russ Squadron (1) - 150pts
Exterminator autocannon,Heavy bolter,Heavy bolter sponsons

Leman Russ Squadron (1) - 150pts
Exterminator autocannon,Heavy bolter,Heavy bolter sponsons
>>
Can Dark Angels use Cataphractii armor?
>>
>>50450892
horrors
>>
Tomorrow i will play a plane only game using the new rules.

it will be a 600pt free for all with dark eldar, imperial guard, space marines and tau.

did anyone played a game with the new dogfight rules? are they fun?
>>
>>50450561
>friendly basement game
>summoning

Absolutely disgusting and this is coming from a Daemons of Tzeentch player. I never summon in a friendly game. It's just way too good.

But to each their own.
>>
File: ToiletReading.jpg (25KB, 444x339px) Image search: [Google]
ToiletReading.jpg
25KB, 444x339px
One question. I have read now Horus Rising and found it very much to my liking. I will go on the Horus Heresy but I would like some more reading recommendation. Are there any Tau/Tyranid novels? Which other books are worthy?
>>
>>50451021
Well it's not like I can really help what spells I role on the table, but yeah I agree, it was pretty gross.
>>
>>50450993
Don't the imperial guard actually have no fliers with skyfire under the new rules? Could be a little bit of a problem for the game.
>>
>>50451092
The Emperor's Gift is about grey knights and is a pretty good read, Gaunt's Ghost series is nice if you want a Commissar that cares about the lives of his men, I personally like the Fall of Damnos since Cato Sicarius gets his shit wrecked, World Engine is also a pretty fun read if you're into necrons.
>>
>>50451092
>Are there any Tau/Tyranid novels? Which other books are worthy?
Fire Warrior and Kill Team are decent-ish.
>>
>>50451189
And what are your favs?

>>50451115
Ty
>>
>Use the 1d4chan Kabal Creator and rolled for everything
>Get some cool options, some i even wanted beforehand, can't think of a name or fluff/colour scheme
Fugg
>>
Anyone have experience playing with sneaky tactics and units? Like a reverse DISTRACTION CARNIFEX kind of thing.

I was missing a few points from my tournament list (a Stormlance Demi Company, an Exterminator Pask and buddy, and Jokaero flamer truck) and was thinking about adding a melee Inquisitor-Psyker with 2x each of Crusaders, Arco-Flagellants and Death Cult Assassins to sneak up the side of the board and jump somebody.

In your experience, does this kind of thing ever work?
>>
>>50451225
>think of an edgy adjective
>thing of a literally edged weapon or item
>combine the two
>Kabal/Cult/Coven of the X'd Y

>1d4chan tables
>>
>>50451102
just buy forgeworld :^)
we have no interceptor AA neither without FW
>>
File: 1465231845490.jpg (25KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
1465231845490.jpg
25KB, 216x282px
>>50450702
GIRL IN THE GAME STORE
>>
>>50451102
I dont know about that, if yes i guess we will just ignore it for the sake of the game
>>
File: Guard.png (176KB, 700x946px) Image search: [Google]
Guard.png
176KB, 700x946px
I have no idea what I'm doing, is this a good 1500 point list? ICs are under the squad they wanna join, Inquisitor is my warlord.
I have a banewolf I Never have the chance to use but I'm not sure how good they are these days.

>LE ONE POINT OVER MAYMAY :^)))))
It's actually due to a bug in the system, I'm three points under.
>>
>>50451241
>Not using it for fun to see what the dice give you
>>
File: 1472839626681.gif (622KB, 269x201px) Image search: [Google]
1472839626681.gif
622KB, 269x201px
>>50450993
Just play Stormcloud Attack instead goyim
>>
>>50451216
>And what are your favs?
execution hour, double eagle, enforcer

they've nothing to do with the horus heresy, tau or tyranids though
>>
>>50448463
Just want to note that around here, where I live not this thread, pickup games have a ~5 point grace to speed shit up.
>>
>>50451227
It can work once or twice if the unit doesn't look like a threat on paper, or you combine it with a real DISTRACTION CARNIFEX and some vaguely threatening other troops.

Doesn't tend to be a trick you can pull on the same opponent twice, though, for obvious reasons. If you're in a group the reputation of your sneaky unit might end up preceding it in games with new opponents, too.

I actually kind of pulled it off for a while with Striking Scorpions. Everyone undervalued them and wrote them off as sneaky Assault Marines... Until they Infiltrated behind then and unzipped the Scorpion's Claw. Now they get focus fired every game before they can pull their shit, but I use that to my advantage to draw fire away from my DE allies.
>>
>>50451261
>implying I didn't use it to generate a custom chapter for Deathwatch RPG
>implying I didn't find it fucking hilarious to roleplay Techmarine-hating fleet-based weirdos with fucked up voices
>>
>>50451248
>She's an employee
>That look of utter contempt
It as was if she were looking at human garbage.
>>
What are your bets for what is going to be in the March IA14 book for Admech? Planning a Mechanicum army, but I would like to use the better part of it in my 40k games as well once IA comes out.

Do you think we'll get Triaros, Myrmidons or Thallax? Kind of want a Reductor army but with a few robots thrown in, like maybe some Vorax or a Thanatar.
Also maybe some "standard" imperium stuff, since we build all of it, Chimeras, Valks etc.
>>
>>50451353
The Thanatar was confirmed, was it not?
Also updated (read: 30k) rules for Imperial Titans if you're kinky like that.
>>
>>50451353
There's no way we're getting anything more than Castellax in 40k, and even that's a stretch.
>>
FUCKING WAAAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

///HQ///
Big Mek, Shokk Attack Gun, Gitfinda, Da finkin kap - 105 points

Big Mek, Shokk Attack Gun, Gitfinda - 90 points

///Troops///
10 Gretchin - 35 points

10 Gretchin - 35 points

///Elites///
10 Tankbustas, Boss Nob - 140 points
>Trukk w/ reinforced ram & rokkit launcher - 35 points

///Fast Attack///
5 Warbuggies, TL Rokkit Launchers - 125 points

///Heavy Support///
6 Killa Kanz, Grotzookas - 330 points

(1500)
>>
>>50451296
Well, I'll have two Russes and the box o' monkeys (Chimera) to cook up whatever MEQs go after them.

So then the question is, do I want a possibly unreliable Psyker to buff, or rad grenades + a power fist?
>>
>>50450942
Between your brood brothers and dedicated transports, it seems like you'd be better off running a Neophyte Cavalcade, then running the Acolytes and Metamorphs in a Subterranean Uprising detachment
>>
>>50451384
>WAAAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!
>two Meks
>no Warboss
Shameful, dat iz.
>>
>>50451384

can't have a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH without a warboss, grot
>>
> not playing 1488 point games
>>
>buy a shit ton of chaos cultists
>file/modeling knife off 90% of chaos emblems and such
>run them as neophyte hybrids because cultists are cheaper
Would any of you have a problem with this at a friendly table? A human with a gun is a human with a gun, right?
>>
>>50451340
>unpainted models on the table
She IS looking at human garbage.
>>
So, what do I pull out of this to drop an Inquisitor in, and how do I kit the inquisitor? I recently picked one up to go with my Imperial Clusterfuckorium army

+ THIS IS STUPID 1848/1850 +

++ GK Nemesis Strike Force: 558 ++

Librarian: 160
- Domina Liber Daemonica
- ML3

5 Terminators: 193
- 4 Halberds
- 1 Psycannon
- Justicar has Hammer

Nemesis Dreadknight: 205
- Heavy Psycannon
- Nemesis Greatsword
- Personal Teleporter

++ Officio Assassinorum: 140 ++
Culexus Assassin: 140

++ Allied Cult Mechanicus: 320 ++

Tech-Priest Dominus: 155
- Autocadeuceus
- Conversion Field
- Erradication Ray

3 Grav Destroyers: 165

++ IK Oathsworn Detachment ++
Knight Errant: 405
- Twin Icarus Autocannon

++ Allied Deathwatch Detachment: 425 ++

Watch Master: 175

5 Veterans: 250
- Drop Pod
- 2 Melta/Bolter
- 2 Infernus Heavy Bolter
- Blackshield w/ Heavy Thunder Hammer
>>
>>50451253
Also, what the fuck should I roll my psykers on?
The one joining the lascannons is always going to be divination.

May swap the inquisitor around with the one with the melta vets.
If the primaris is with the vets he's rolling on telekinesis for flying melta guns and the inquisitor on... pyromancy? telekinesis for more flying special weapons and psychic demolisher cannons?

If I swap them around, telekinesis for the inquisitor and for the primaris... biomancy? pyromancy? I imagine he would enjoy the ability to shoot witchfires out of his chimera.
>>
>>50451444

I wouldn't mind, anyway. Like you said, human with a gun is still a human with a gun.
>>
>>50451453
>watch master

Librarian is cheap and better.
>>
>>50451444
Does it look like a Genestealer Cultist? Then it's a Genestealer Cultist.

Only the most legit autist would bar you from playing for not using the official GW model for what you're taking. Conversions and kitbashes are half the fun of this game.

t. Guy who's using Neophyte Hybrids with different heads and other gubbins as Guardsmen
>>
>>50451412
>>50451436

DA WAAAGH IZ IN R 'EARTS, NOT R LUNGZ
>>
>>50451327
"Brother captain, the ship is falling apart, just let me and my brothers conduct repairs"

"NO, fucking cogfuckers, the duct tape I found works fine"
>>
>>50451444
As long as they don't have any obvious insignia from other factions, it's fine.

You could try painting bits of chitin on them but it's not exactly vital.
>>
>>50451448
not him but you should try and understand that painting a model takes a lot of time, and people would like to play.

even with basically 4 free days a week i menaged to paint only 60% of my army.
>>
>>50451377
Really? Awesome. Fuck youuuuu, Crisis teams!

>>50451379
We already HAVE castellax, in a slightly shittier and way worse looking format.
I hope that FW, injured pride or not, are going to at least add Ursarax and Vorax.
>>
>>50451481
Lacks the Block ability, though. I'm worried about something chewing through a Librarian that wouldn't chew through a Watch Master, and getting to the Blackshield before he can solve CC problems.
>>
File: 40kfaggot.jpg (207KB, 450x417px) Image search: [Google]
40kfaggot.jpg
207KB, 450x417px
>>50448715

Nice.
>>
Hey guys it's that faggot who's been asking if I should go Admech or Tyranids/GSC for the past week or so.

Finally decided that I'm going to focus Admech, and occasionally collect some Tyranid big bugs to paint in preparation for when they get updated.

Thanks for all your help!
>>
>>50448715
That command squad is going nowhere, the Chapter Master is too big of a pointsink with no real returns, and what CTs are you using? Flamer squad can be changed up depending on it.

>le 1001 points meme
Hilarious, but in case you aren't autistic and/or didn't do this on purpose drop one sniper on the Scouts. In fact you could drop the Scouts altogether for a pod for the CS, which will serve you much better than half a squad of snipers will, ObjSec or not. You could even use the spare points to add a different special weapon to the flamer squad if you wanted, or more grav for the CS.
>>
>>50451642
no problem anon, have fun ^_^
>>
>>50450729
we have enough information to build lists. If you collect all the various leaks from various people, we know everything.
>>
can we please get plastic 10-man boxes of flayed ones, pretty please?
>>
>>50451567
Block isn't going to really save you and isn't worth the cost. Also, fix your kill team. Right now they're just schizophrenic. Either go all shooty or all melee.
>>
>>50451642

PRAISE THE OMNISSIAH
>>
>>50451646
The command squad has bikes, it lists it under their wargear but the image doesn't change for some reason.

Marines Malevolent so... either ultramarines or iron hands?
>>
>>50451671
So Blackshield becomes Watch Sergeant w/ Melta and Boltgun, Watch Master becomes Librarian w/ ML2 and Force Stave. Frees up 117 points.
>>
Ok I have a question.

I have 140 points left on my list, Space Marines. I have no AA but don't know if I really need any. What should I buy? A Whirlwind or a Vindicator? Or something else? I have access to the DA and SM codex.
>>
>>50451094

>hey mate I'm gonna reroll any of the summoning spells I get because it's no fun to play against, cool?
>>
>>50451676
[BINARY CHANTING INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>50451701
>>50451671
>>50451481
With the new Librarian and the GK, and probably the Inquisitor, being psykers, would a Vindicare be a better choice than the Culexus?
>>
>>50451757
The Culexus' gun can be fueled by your warp charges if you're so inclined, just keep him far the fuck away from your psykers and he'll be fine.
>>
>>50451710

Deimos vindicator
>>
>>50451785
That's the problem. I've got so many psykers in this list that I don't know that I can. Though, then again, that could just be me being weird about it because I usually don't use them at all.
>>
>>50451799
Seeing as all of your psykers can deep strike and the Assassin himself has Infiltrate, it shouldn't be too hard to pick and choose where on the field you want each of them while keeping them separated.
>>
>>50451716
We literally had this discussion right after the game, remember not everyone on this board is full autismo certainly not saying I'm not
>>
>>50451716
That's cheating, you're not allowed to reroll powers just because you don't like them or don't want to use them.

Use other power pools if you don't like it, shitbag.
>>
File: Leaving.gif (760KB, 259x214px) Image search: [Google]
Leaving.gif
760KB, 259x214px
>>50451896
>rulebook literally says to talk to your opponent and come up with rules that are more appealing and enjoyable to you than what the base game recommends
>cheating shitbag
>>
>>50451021
He summoned ONE unit.
Spamming summons is wrong but if you limit yourself to one unit per turn it isn't as broken as you guys want to make it.
>>
File: Ad-Mech-Battleforce-1[1].jpg (192KB, 981x753px) Image search: [Google]
Ad-Mech-Battleforce-1[1].jpg
192KB, 981x753px
So

This a good deal?
>>
>>50451990
You save a bunch of cash over buying the models separately, so if you already wanted most of what's in there, you may as well go for it.
>>
>>50452001
Is it a good/decent army list itslef?
>>
I'm playing Space Marines (Ultramarines), my Opponent is Necrons. We're playing 1250 King of The Hill. He uses a decurion with a very tough death star that I can't kill:
He has those guys with the shields (5T, 3+/3++) and gives them 4+++ reanimation. His warlord (I think a necron lord or overlord) has 2+ armour, 3++ invuln, 4+++ reanimation. The entire unit rerolls 1s for saves and 1s for reanimation.

The unit has power swords on the dudes with shields, and the necron lord has this AP2 voidstaff or whatever that is fleshbane mastercrafted.

>TL;DR: He has a very tough melee deathstar

How do I deal with this as Marines? I tried to do honour guard with librarius conclaive and fish for invis, but failed.Truth is, even if I got invis the fight would have never ended. My guys simply can't hurt his warlord.

Given that it is king of the hill we're playing again, I can guarantee that melee is going to happen. I don't really know what to do.
>>
>>50452027
It's alright, I guess, but you'll only be able to play it out of the box with the formation it comes in and we don't have rules for that yet.

However it's an excellent starting point for an army. Drop in a box of SC Skitarii or two and you have yourself a decent list.
>>
>>50452027
>electro priests
Crap
>big robots
Very powerful but SHITLOADS of points.
>Infiltrators/rust stalkers
Not good but not the worst unit in the world.
>>
File: nurgle.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nurgle.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>50448579
If chaos wins then it better not be chaos fucking "undivided" that "wins". I want only one chaos god to come out supreme, anything else is a fucking copout.

Here's to hoping for a nurgle victory.
>>
I want Duncan to be my friend.
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/28/pump-up-your-hobby/

Hope he's gotten a raise. I just love that guy (no homo).
>>
>>50452072
It's okay to be a little homo for Duncan.
>>
>>50452072
> (no homo).

Heretic.
>>
>>50452052

>electro priests
>Crap

que

10 Corpuscarii throw out 20 twinlinked S4 Tesla shots. That's enough to pose a serious threat to MEQ and TEQ under sheer weight of shots alone.
>>
>>50452068
A single chaos god can't win. If one starts getting too powerful, the other three shit on him. Like what happened to Tzeentch.
>>
>>50451665
We don't know points, the extent of the wargear, who can buy what for how many points, a lot of formation makeups etc. It's enough to not be able to reliably build a list I think..
>>
>>50452115
Nobody actually uses them so everyone falls for the meme that they're shit.
They are pricey for what they bring though.
>>
>>50452115
They're literally shirtless.

A strong unit ain't shit if they get blown up before they get to do anything.
>>
>>50452052
Electro-priests have one job and they do it well. They pump up the number of Cult Mech units you have for Canticle purposes.

The robots are a trap. They look like they do a lot, because whatever you point them at melts. However, they cost so much that your army will be lacking, and your other units won't be able to do anything. This leads to you going "Well, everything else is shit, I need more robots" and buying more, and the cycle repeating while you're confused as to why you're losing.

Ruststalkers/Infiltrators are fucking great. Built them as taser-infiltrators, the guys on the box, and give them the Omniscient Mask. I've seen them kill their way out of combat with a Space Wolf puppy+IC deathstar because so many dogs died we weren't in combat after pile-ins.

The Destroyers get grav. This isn't up for debate. Grav is the best thing in the game right now, and they can vomit out ridiculous amounts of shots of it.

The walker...Eh. The single one is a very tall, slightly more durable heavy weapons team from IG. The CC one is great in large numbers, as it can replicate the Infiltrators' shenanigans.
>>
>>50452051
One last thing. Approximately how many points is it?
>>
>>50452068

Not a fucking chance. Out of all the things this board has suggested for what the Age of Emperor will use to begin, this is the most retarded one.

Monogods should be able to win games (IMO), but monogod CANNOT win the setting. It completely ruins the idea that they could've destroyed us at any moment if they stopped fighting long enough.

Making any god win the Game makes it impossible to use them in any other setting, because everyone will just say "Why hasn't he already beaten them here?"
>>
>>50451642
Why not get both and make robo-nids?
>>
>>50452135

5++ & FNP. Plus only the size of regular humans, so can get cover really easily.

>>50452129

Don't get me wrong, there's FAR more efficient ways to spend points, but they're far from useless and can definitely find a place in an aggressive AdMech army.
>>
yes we do. we know everything by now. I don't think its collected anywhere, but we have point son all the units, wargear, relics, what units can take what and how much, what the formations are made up of, what they do, what the detachment is made up of, what it does, what the warlord traits are.

The only thing we're missing (like we always do) is the tactical objectives
>>
>>50452199
meant to reply to >>50452125
>>
>>50452199
Then I'm possibly missing a bunch of links. I'd still rather doublecheck when I have the book leak itself but I would appreciate some direction.
>>
>>50452154
If you play them as seen on the box (including one dual phosphor pick on that one Kastelan) you're looking at 790 points of models.
>>
>>50452247
frontlinegaming has a rundown on most things, and you can grab almost everything there.
The dakkadakka thread has the rest, across a bunch of pages, so unfortunately I can't hlep much there.
bolter and chainssword did a compilation of a bunch of things luchiban said recently in one post, near the end of the thread.
>>
>>50450531
>a shitty psyker
Have I missed something? A two wound mastery level 2 psyker in Terminator armour doesn't seem all that bad for 90 points.
>>
>>50452252
>>50452154

If you get that box and the Skitarii Start Collecting box, it's a comfortable (and surprisingly effective) 1000pt army. Maybe even 1250 if you really spoon on the upgrades.
>>
>>50452281
I'll do some hunting then, thank you!
>>
Can anyone cite this? It's on >40kwikia, but not on Lexicanum. My problem however, is that 40kwikia is known for copy/pasting fluff and not citing sources. While the article in question does have sources cited, sometimes non-canon/fanon slips in. If it's true, I think it'd be rather interesting to have a chapter where their Deathwing aren't the regular colors.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Consecrators

>The Consecrators' elite 1st Company all wear revered suits of ancient Terminator Armour, black-clad as the rest of their battle-brothers save for helms of off-white that symbolised their brotherhood with the Deathwing. Like their Chapter Master, their armour is a mix of styles and types, gathered from armouries and forgotten Legiones Astartes depots scattered across the galaxy.
>>
Playing this game is worse for your wallet than maintaining a steady drug habbit. Even when buying everything for like half price or less on ebay, shit is rough for a resident poorfag
>>
File: IMG-20161129-WA0023.jpg (97KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161129-WA0023.jpg
97KB, 750x1334px
>>50451896
>>50451896

I play deldar you fuck I ain't rolling on shit, I was simply giving it as a work around rather than "oh shucks I got summoning hope you didn't wanna have fun" and as another anon said, it's in the rulebook that you can come to agreements to fix GWs bullshit
>>
>>50452344
If you have enough self-control to not binge on buying models it's fine. Save your money and only buy what you need when you need it, exploit bundles, snipe Ebay offers, etc.
>>
>>50452344
>Playing this game is worse for your wallet than maintaining a steady drug habbit

It's more productive, though.

Everyone's gotta have a hobby, anon.
>>
>>50452344
I concur with >>50452376 .

But I do agree its difficult in some armies and builds. Say you want to field shitloads of IG Infantry, that shit's expensive but you can try to find alternative model ranges and convert. You could also somehow write your army's fluff and theme to revolve around something you can do cheaper (I dunno.. medieval-tier world so you can get away with shit like perry miniatures wielding scratchbuilt lasguns for example)
>>
>>50452344

Its around 40 ish bucks a week for me in general.

My drug habit was 60$ a week so this is an improvement and I get to keep what I buy!
>>
>>50452376

Yeah, I'm a poorfag too, so I'm just building an army slowly. A box of models every few weeks.

Has the added advantage that it forces me to slow down and put more attention into painting each model.
>>
>>50452344
Some Chinese recasts have caught up with GW in terms of quality now. If you do the digging, you can get some really nice stuff.
>>
>>50450286
use masking tape gently, anon, thats how i get straight lines. also, chevrons are V's arent they?
>>
>>50452426

yeah im starting an army during my last two years of uni. Hopefully christmas will help me get the boost I need.
>>
>>50452344

Get yourself into the habit buying one unit (and dedicated transport) a month and painting them up before you buy more, you'll have to play lower point games but you'll get to play more of them cuz they're faster.

I agree though, I've just finished getting everything I want for my army and it's cost me £750. That's everything I could possibly want to use though, not just a 1500 army which roughly costs around £300 without ebay sniping.
>>
>>50452426
Fuck me, I bought roughly 40 cultists and don't have any spray primer at all. The thought that if ever I plan on playing with them other than with my pals I would need to paint them is awful
>>
>>50452453

I've ran out of Leadbelcher.

Which, as an AdMech player, is CRIPPLING.
>>
File: magnus the smug.jpg (116KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
magnus the smug.jpg
116KB, 468x810px
>>50452068
I would say Tzeentch would win but tzeentch will never win and neither will any of the other chaos gods. the great game goes on forever, as that is the nature of it. Also the individual gods won't win because:
Tzeentch:
>could probably win at any time and has made plans in order to win, but purposely fucks himself over and never plans to actually win because if his plans succeed then he will no longer have any need to plan and eventually he won't have anything to plan against, thus voiding his purpose in the warp and killing him. The best Tzeentch could do is creating a universe where everyone schemes against each other constantly and as a matter of fact that is exactly the state of 40k right now. So you could technically say Tzeentch has already won, in his own way.

Nurgle:
>If he wins the setting everything will die, and new life will grow, Nurgle is perhaps the only person to whom a victory is possible because he doesn't require sentient life to propogate, he only needs life, death and rebirth.

Slaanesh:
> If there's no sapient life, there's no pleasure, no concept of excess, if Slaanesh wins he'd have to keep breeding pens to continue to propogate intelligent life just in order to feel things, and he'd need to do it on a large scale, unlikely to happen anyway being the weakest of the chaos gods unless everyone in the grimdark setting started feeling good all of a sudden.

Khorne:
>Least likely to win overall IMO, once he's killed everyone in the galaxy he will fade away, he needs constant bloody survival to continue to survive himself.
>>
File: 1463509083365.png (591KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1463509083365.png
591KB, 900x850px
Does Sicarian infiltrators' aura of technofuckery reduce vehicles to WS0, meaning they can hit them automatically?
When doing so (or vs immobilized) and using taser, do they, like what was recommended in the Harlequin FAQ, roll all of their attacks even though they hit automatically, just to see how many 6s they get?
>>
>>50452472
Again you might say that constant unending bloodshed with no clear victor kinda is Khorne's desired state, so in his own way he too has already won.
>>
>>50452522
>When doing so (or vs immobilized) and using taser, do they, like what was recommended in the Harlequin FAQ, roll all of their attacks even though they hit automatically, just to see how many 6s they get?
We had a similar situation crop up last night with my friend's Chaos army and the blade that lets you hit at strength: D on a 6 to-hit.
>>
>>50452529
true. I also suppose upon further thinking all of the chaos gods need creatures with a presence in the warp to continue to exist so if all intelligent life was killed Nurgle couldn't subsist on natural flora and fauna unless it was psychically attuned. So deer and wolves are probably out of the question.
>>
>>50452522
RaW, yes, anyone attacking a vehicle within 6" of infiltrators hits automatically.
Weather that was an intended effect or not, who knows.

And yes, roll the dice anyway to see how many 6's you get, as per the Harlequin FAQ
>>
>>50449753

You mean dedicated anot not a conversion kit?
>>
>>50452166

The Anphelion Project tried that.

It did not end well.
>>
>>50452166
>>50452654
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Anphelion_Project
>literally being an even more retarded Umbrella Corp in Spess
>>
>>50452700

HOLY FUCK I love reading that book, just a bunch of fucking idiots making one wrong move after another.
>>
Is the start collecting orks box a decent start for an army?
>>
>>50452700
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Anphelion_Project
HOw did the tyranids evolve without a Norm queen/Hive fleet around? I thought it was the swarm that evolved not the individual nids?
>>
>>50452783

always start your armies with the start collecting box
>>
Ok, then. For those of us who play 30k, what units and rules from there would you like in 40k? I dig Rites of War, as well as more rigid FoC (started playing in 7th, never saw a game sans formations).

Also Admech Tech-thralls, those are awesome. Hope we nab those in IA14. Then again, with Canticles they would/could be 5ppm S7 melee.
>>
Where can I download the audio booKS and dramas?
>>
About how long should it take me to paint 10 tactical marines?
>>
>>50452783
It's pretty meh
The deff dread probably won't make into combat without being blown to pieces.
Boyz always ok never good unless In huge mobs.
Nobz overpriced for what they are.
Painboy is good but not as a warlord.
As a whole it's not a bad buy for £50 and gives a bit of meat to an army but terrible compared to some of the other start collecting boxes
>>
>>50452791
You know how the Orks can grow from just a few spores?
Same thing

Oh also Genestealers probably had some strains among the research staff
>>
>>50451444
Nah man. Go for it.
>Because my Acolytes started as Chaos Cultists before I gave them Bolters, Purity Seals, and I's
>>
>>50452834

How long is a piece of string?
>>
File: Ian Malcolm.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ian Malcolm.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>50452791
>HOw did the tyranids evolve without a Norm queen/Hive fleet around?

>>50452863
>Oh also Genestealers probably had some strains among the research staff
I doubt that. It's space (movie) jurassic park
>>
>>50452817
Vorax battle-automata are pretty cool, hoping they come across in IA14.

More generally, I actually wouldn't mind most of the legion-specific units coming over, maybe only as a 0-1 to show their rarity nowadays. It'd add flavour to a lot of forces, and be a nice bone to throw to CSM players to get some of those units.
>>
I have been gone many a moon, trading my 40K attention and giving it to a game I've been DMing.

Last I heard was plastic sisters and new CSM models and rules. What came of it?
>>
>>50452863
>Same thing
That doesnt make any sense. Tyranids need biomass I thought and dont just create more.

The genestealers I understood. It just mentions the nids evolving wings for example. I thought that the adaptions didnt happen to individual nids, but to the different/new one created by the hive.
>>
>>50452902
When in doubt:
It's ALWAYS a Genestealer strain
But yes i know it's an obvious JP nod i'm just thinkin gabout what probably happened in universe
>>
>>50452835
What else should I add? Boyz and a warboss?
>>
File: Pileondapainfix.png (88KB, 336x261px) Image search: [Google]
Pileondapainfix.png
88KB, 336x261px
>>50452783
No.

You get Boys (shit), Nobs (shittest), Deff Dread (shit), and a Painboy (top tier model).

And the formation is terrible because its not the formation pictured...this is a fan edit...by me.
>>
>>50452926
>Researchers fed nids food
>food = biomass
>biomass = bigger nids
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tyranid#Planetary_Assimilation
>>
>>50452929
in-universe it doesn't really need an explanation beyond "someone fucked up something and the space raptors got loose"
>>
>>50452935
Keep away from Boys.

Buy Grots, Warbikers, Manz, Warboss, Painboy, Mek Guns, and Tankbusters.
>>
>>50452952
>The Tyranids had been small specimens. They had shown aggression at first. When the samples in one area had started to evolve wings, the area was purged.
It said this happened before they got out. How do small specimens know how to do anything at all? No synapse and all.
>>
>>50451962
True. However it seems he was not only ahead, but doing damn well that the summon just made it worse.

>I know my games I play as my Daemons they're always close.
>If I summon 1-2 units it might be all that is needed to turn a close game to a one sided game.
>>
>>50452700

Story-wise, it sets precedent for Tyranid experimentation. And thematically it's a great horror-themed campaign.
>>
>>50450284

It's not "autistic", faggot, it's the rules.
>>
>>50452935
>>50452964
>Buy Mek Gunz
Ignore this advice anon. You want mek gunz in your army, but you don't buy them, you kitbash them. There's a few guides floating around the internet.

Also, save up your rokkit bits and kitbash tankbustas out of boyz when you have enough, it's cheaper. Generally with orks your first thought should be whether you can convert or kitbash something rather than going to the shop. It is a bit of a bugger when starting out though, as you won't have a cache of orky bits built up.
>>
>tfw I started the huge "1001 points" clusterfuck last thread by making a joke about anon's list
>and then he called me an autist and everything went to shit

Feels good man
>>
>>50452935
Warboss zhardsnark and Bikers are top at the moment for orks
Stay away from deff dreads, gorkanauts, stompa, stormboyz
Basically a lot of our army is hot dogshit and one of the only ways to run them currently is with zhadsnark or a lot of mek guns with a blitz bragade with some meganobz thrown in there
>>
>>50452979
Tyranids have basic instincts that they follow when out of synapse.

In the shorter term, it's "eat things." In the longer term, it's evolve into something that can provide synapse.
>>
>>50452294
He comes with a gaggle of expensive, lackluster terminators, he loses a spell to Tzeentch, and he can't take the all important spell familiar. In an army whose entire gimmick is their badass war wizards, he's a chump who will rarely cast anything due to how innately inefficient he is relative to his non-Terminator-encumbered kin.

Untether him from Discipline of Change and let him buy a Spell Familiar, and the unit becomes viable. Let the Rubricae take alternate melee weapons as well and we might have actually gotten an honest to gods GOOD terminator unit.

The Sekhmet pre-Heresy were all psykers. The Scarab Occult should have been a Brotherhood of Psykers unit, with some new fluff about how while they weren't strong enough to resist the Rubric individually they were able to form semi-Rubricae shared consciousnesses. We already have "shitty Sorcerer leads some Rubricae around"-the-unit, we didn't need another. Especially not one that fills the same role and suffers from the same issues.
>>
>>50451504
Duckttape is fine, but did you remember to light the incense and chant the right incantations while you applied it?
>>
>>50453120
>The Sekhmet pre-Heresy were all psykers. The Scarab Occult should have been a Brotherhood of Psykers unit
This triggers me so hard. I wasnt expecting anything but however...
>>
>>50453133
WTF is "duckttape"?
>>
>>50453180
the tape invented by someone who was unsure whether it's duck tape or duct tape.
>>
>>50452922

Nothing and nothing, respectively.
>>
>>50452922
nothing and nothing, except the latter is a little less nothing because now there's tzeentch daemonkin sort of in the form of wrath of magnus, so thousand sons are getting love. Also Magnus is here and he will wreck shit.
>>
>>50453011
If your opponent is 1 or 2 points over, and they didn't get there by taking a 5 point upgrade or something, and you refuse to play with them, not only are you a huge bitch, most reasonable people are straight not going to want to play with you. I doubt in the history of ever there have been more than a handful of games decided by 1-3 points
>>
>>50448547
I don't get it
>>
>>50453167
I wouldn't have minded as much if they had at least done something with the terminator Rubricae to make them a bit different. Make them melee focused, let them teleport around the table, let the Sorcerer empower their weapons, something, anything. WS4 S4 I4 power swords aren't very scary for an expensive, elite hammer unit, and the army is already swimming in AP3.
>>
>>50453295

Look man Orks are kind of weak. If your opponent lowers his saving throw by 1 for every Ork, and you refuse to play with him, not only are you a huge bitch, but most reasonable people are straight not going to want to play with you. I doubt in the history of ever there has been more than a handful of games won by Orks anyway.
>>
>>50452783
Not if you want to play an Ork army that's anywhere near useful.
Spamming bikers with Zhadsnark, is pretty much the only good core to build your army around, so it's better to ebay for bikes and stuff to kitbash buggies, Tankbustas in trukks/gunwagons and so on.

>>50453072
Stompas can be quite good if you play the right ones. Buzzgob's sompa and IA Klawstompas (2ccws and a flamebelcha is like 430p or something) are pretty decent. Runnign a couple of them with some extra CADs to add minimum sized burnaboyz with meks to repair should be pretty hilarious.
>>
>>50453076
>In the longer term, it's evolve into something that can provide synapse.
Or to evolve into something that can eat more things.
>>
>>50450511
Have you tried the magical land of mega? I'm told you might be be able to get through the magical portals in the OP.
>>
>>50453358
Look man your bait is kind of weak. If your fellow shitposters stop taking it, and you continue to keep baiting, not only are you a huge bitch, but most reasonable anons are straight gonna want you to kys. I doubt in the history of ever there has been more than a handful of retards more autistic than you.
>>
The translation of >>50453381 for >>50452783 is this

>Orks can be quite good, if you ignore absolutely everything released in the past 3 years and use this very old relic supplement.
>>
>>50453325

Drowning in AP3. The last thing Thousand Sons needed was 24in AP3 weapons. And we got 24in AP3 weapons.

Based on the Formations, I also think that no one plays Thousand Sons at GW. One of the bonuses is unobtainable for most of the units for anything less than a 5k pt game. If feels alot like the Ork and Cadian formations where they made them and said this is fluffy, people will like this, Then completely ignored that it is 2k pts minimum to field it.
>>
>>50453381
Buzzgobs stompa is good but the default stompa is so overpriced for what it does but filling the stompa with flamers and meks is hilariously good. 770 points for a huge target that puts out ok Dakka but a renegade knight puts out more dakka just can't get too close to it with your own boyz
>>
File: 52351243214.jpg (132KB, 481x476px) Image search: [Google]
52351243214.jpg
132KB, 481x476px
>>50453506
BS2
S
>>
>>50453468
That is exactly what GW wants though, they want people playing bigger and larger games so they will buy more models and the only way to do that is by making it so the optimal way to play armies is in large point games
>>
File: laughinggrots.jpg (400KB, 1182x576px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggrots.jpg
400KB, 1182x576px
>>50453468
>>
>>50453468
I agree with you completely as a long-time TS player. We still don't know if the Sorcs can take spell familiars though, or if the Scarab Occult can't take basic combi-weapons and fists. We don't have a scan of the unit entry so we can't be 100% sure.

But that said, I see some silver lining in this. It's still a fluffy unit, so if you want to play casually, it's not bad at all. And to top it off it's a lot more useful than simply running an expensive termie-squad as meltasuicide. There's more efficient and less soulcrushing ways to destroy a single problem tank. At least now they can threaten something game-long and the extra missile rack is lovely.
>>
File: Not Only.jpg (273KB, 734x737px) Image search: [Google]
Not Only.jpg
273KB, 734x737px
>>50453295

No, I'm a man that plays by the rules. You, on the other hand, think that you're a special fucking snowflake and the rules don't apply to you. Not only would I refuse to play you, I'd also bitchslap you for being such a faggot.
>>
>>50453535

That's not how economics work, GW. People only have a finite amount of money, and they spend it on things besides Warhammer.
>>
>>50453591
>That's not how economics work
Add incentives to increase demand, shit application, but people will buy shit to round out formations.
>>
>>50448454
>>50453693
>>50453693
>>50453693
>>
>>50453565
>We still don't know if the Sorcs can take spell familiars though, or if the Scarab Occult can't take basic combi-weapons and fists. We don't have a scan of the unit entry so we can't be 100% sure.
Yeah, I'm sure the people providing us 100℅ accurate leaks from the advance copies they were given/gained access to are lying about this one specific point just to fuck with people.

You can run 2x3 termicide units for the cost of 1x5 Scarab Occult, and those Termicide can actually be tailored to fit a role. They also threaten shit all game long as well. Nobody wants Power Maul/Axe/Chainfist terminators running around their backlines. You can even give them ObSec now.

The missile rack is just half a cyclone missile launcher for a tiny point reduction. Sure, it's better than nothing, but it's not enough. Especially when it will waste all those expensive AP3 combi-bolters if you decide to go after tanks.
>>
>>50448465
Willing breed slaves from genestealers codex reference.
>>
>>50453436
The saddest part is that Buzzgob's stompa seems to have been a obvious error, what with halving the cost of the Bigmek stompa, but today it's about the only remotely sane price for what a Stompa actually does.

>>50453506
Default stompa is shit no matter what you do. If you want to play somethign that isn't Buzzgob, make a custom stompa from the IA book. 2 ccws and a pretty neat flamer is some 430 points, and still gets you 30 transport capacity. Now stik burnaboyz and meks in there, bolt on some extra template guns if you feel like it and you've got a walking idol of fire.
>>
>>50453535
i mean your probably completely right as they say they are a model company and not a game company. But i personally think thats utter bullshit as the game came first not the models.its just an excuse they use so they dont have to balance the game.
>>
>>50448454
dude, why did you choose that picture
>>
>>50453721
I never said they lied, but they may have omitted simple details about basic shit that's always there because who cares about that when you have new shit?

Termies never threatened shit besides a single melta shot and you know it. Because somebody's going to be scared of an expensive slow CC unit you can take out with a concentrated fire. Hint: If they were, Termies wouldn't be shit right now. After they busted their nut on a Hail Mary Bs4 meltashot, they became complete paperweights.

now their guns can threaten something at ranged. 5 bolter shots that allowed MEQs to take armour saves now wipe a combat squad without giving a shit on top of having a two-shot krak missile per turn that does a better job at damaging a vehicle (up to AV14) than the Reaper Autocannon could.

Termicide was never "good", it was just the best our shitty codex could manage.
>>
>>50450284

I honestly can't tell if these people are pretending really hard or if they're that autistic that they are willing to physically harm people over 1 point.
>>
>>50453907

No one is going to beat people up for cheating in Warhammer, especially if it isn't a tournament. We will call anyone who doesn't own up to it a massive cheating faggot.

See, if you don't own up to the fact you have one more point then you both agreed, you're cheating. Ain't a BIG deal, there's degrees of severity, but it's cheating and you should at least admit that to yourself.

If you say, before the game, "Hey, I got 1 more point than the limit, that cool?" and your opponent isn't an autistic loser, then what just happened was you raised the limit to n+1 and now you aren't cheating.

Both of those are fine. It's NOT cool to add that extra point without saying anything, tell people about it after the game, then get pissy when they call it cheating.
>>
>>50454269

>if you told your opponent and you both agreed

You do realize that was said very early on and people still spazzed out about it being cheating, right? That's why they're being called autists. Not for following the rules, but for being autistic.
>>
How is this for some less shit Terminators/possible scarab occult?
It's all very much a work in progress and some input would be deeply appreciated.
>>
>>50454421
Try the new thread (>>50453693) this one's about to die and most people have probably hopped over.
Thread posts: 405
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.