[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: cover2.jpg (165KB, 761x1011px) Image search: [Google]
cover2.jpg
165KB, 761x1011px
We all know that the Ork codex is a useless heap of gubbinzless gits and rules made by stoopid 'umies. Let's sort this out. We'll be here all night if dat's what it takes so get workin' boyz.

We'll start with the easiest question: should boys have S 4 instead of Furious Charge?
>>
>>50445357
Yes
>>
Fix their leadership check rules.
Fix lack of shooting.
Add Squiggoths.
Make some potentially devestating, orky rules.
>>
How about dont play the game
>>
>>50445357
For the love of Mork give the basic boys I3

Orks being slow and sluggish like the space zombies who are I2 to reflect that fact is just dumb.
>>
>>50445964
Not that it's going to give them a good boost but it would be a little more accurate from a fluff standpoint.
>>
>>50445976

Give them Initiative on Charge on top of it, let them effectively clash with Spess Mareens. Give squads bonuses for model count at least, bigger army bonuses for WAAAGH. For something they'll never do, give each Ork clan their own WAAAGH bonuses reflecting their specialties.
>>
>>50445964
Yes, being I2 is asinine. 4 would be OP as they'd pretty much steamroll every SM close combat.
>>
File: 1478839898219.gif (808KB, 225x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478839898219.gif
808KB, 225x249px
>>50445357
let storm boyz assualt flyers

re-institue 5th edition mob rule

cybork body is 4++

done
>>
>>50445357
shootas are strength D AP1
choppas are strength x2 AP2 instant death rending
armor is 3++ FNP
waaagh is every turn that someone is in charge range, D6*D6 to assault results
boyz are initiative 10
grotz are initiative 5
ghazkhull is a non unique troops choice
crying is un orky

there you go

there

you

go
>>
>>50445357
Play a Kommando army at GSC.....?
>>
>>50445357
What do you cats think of the old 3e rules? The specifics are hazy in my mind, but I believe you did a "Mob Size" check, where you rolled a moral check against the number of boys in the mob (effectively meaning a mob over 10 models auto-passed), and if you passed on the charge you got I4. It seemed like a neatly "Orky" rule, in that when they're in large numbers and psyched up they can steamroll over their enemies, but if they start getting counter-charged or chopped up their morale starts to falter and they leg it.
>>
>>50447050
Each Boyz leader ship should read as +1 with Nobz/MANZ as +2 and warboss characters as higher.

Very orky and would fix their awful leadership. Retarded that a 20+squad can lose two Boyz in assault against a 8 man squad of SM and have to take a fucking leadership test
>>
Give lootas 2 wounds
>>
Drop WS down to 3
Increase S to 4
Keep I the same
Switch Furious Charge to something that works like Furious Charge used to work, increasing I on the turn they charge.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161129-213627.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161129-213627.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
I3.
Take back the old rule that say "no save against a choppy cam be better then 4+"
to chop chop terminators...
Copy what Ironjaws are in AoS and make them into 40k for anything close combat related.
Give them a good titan and overall codex price reduction
>>
>>50447661
good old days of Boyz reducing armored save to 4+...
hnnnggg
>>
>>50447684
Yeah, because terminators need to be even worse.
>>
>>50445964
I agree with all my heart.
>>50445976
Would it be broken if they had I3 by default and gained +1I for Orky Furious charge?
>>
>>50449183
>Would it be broken if they had I3 by default and gained +1I for Orky Furious charge?
Kinda, and Orks aren't known for being super fast... 3.5 would be fine. But we don't use halfs.

My Ork fixes:
>Bosspoles give Stubborn
>Mob Rule: If a unit has a Character or 10+ Wounds and they fail a Ld Test they take 1 S4 (If Characters) or 1 S3 (if 10+ Wounds) hit for each point they fail by.
>works on Fear, which fucks Orks hard.
>Nobz and Flashgitz get 'eavy Armour for free
>Killa Kans lose Cowardly Grots.
>Nobz and Warbosses get access to Burnas
>Oddboyz (Wierdboyz, Painboyz, and Meks) become 1-3 detachment, like Imperial Guard's Priests, Psykers, and Tech Priest.

That would be the first fix. Wait and see how those changes affects things before making any more changes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.