[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rock Paper Scissors pseudo-wargame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: tg.png (6KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
tg.png
6KB, 305x165px
My former teacher made a really, really simple office supply wargame that I will share with tg.
This game was meant to be modded, and the basic rules are intentionally threadbare. Common, easy mods are stuff like hitpoints and terrain; try and make creative ones below. Just don't make it 40k level complex unless you really have to.
Making the game:
-Find a bunch of similar objects and a bunch of paper.
-Choose objects to be units, and code them with folded sheets of paper. You can color code them with construction paper, stick a number on the thing and write it on the paper, etc. Fold the paper in half. You should have at least 3 units per player.
After that, take 3 small slips or cutouts of paper for each unit. Label one rock, another paper and the last scissors. Stick them under the unit's paper.
Then, go find a ruler and a table to play on.
At the start of the turn, you choose the Rock, Paper or scissors card from under the paper and put it in the middle of the fold. Once all units have had a card selected, they are all revealed, and that unit becomes either a rock, a paper, or a scissors for the turn. I'll explain what that does in moving and firing.
Then, decide on the starting player. They move one of their units. The next player in line (or just the other player) moves one of their units. Go on until all the units have moved.
Rock units move six inches; papers move nine; scissors move three.
Then, in the same order if you can be bothered to keep track, the units will fire.
A paper will fire three inches; a rock six; a scissors nine.
In vanilla rules, one shot is an automatic kill, but that can be modded away.
Tell me what you think of this, and suggest mods if you like it.
>>
Simple but elegant. I expected some sort of rock paper scissors style x beats y but loses to z though.
>>
>>50445263
Nice and simple. I think I'll give it a try with my nephews at Christmas.
>>
File: Endwar_combatchain.jpg (19KB, 453x235px) Image search: [Google]
Endwar_combatchain.jpg
19KB, 453x235px
If you haven't played Tom Clancy's Endwar, they use the rock paper scissors rules for most of the game
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-29-06-40-27.png (216KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-29-06-40-27.png
216KB, 1080x1920px
More detailed with infantry
>>
Spear>Sword>Axe>Spear
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.