[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forced Alignment changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: two face.jpg (140KB, 500x756px) Image search: [Google]
two face.jpg
140KB, 500x756px
What do you think of them /tg/? My DM just did that and now it's got me fucked up. I went from Lawful Evil to Chaotic Good because of a case of Holy magic exposure to my Warlock who got ressurected by extremely powerful holy magic three times but I really don't want to be good, or chaotic. General That DM thread too I suppose.
>>
That happened to me once, my LG paladin went to LE for similar reasons. Just play your previous alignment for different reasons (IE, doing questionable shit for a nebulous "greater good" that ends up benefiting you more often than anyone else instead of outright looking out for number one). Alternatively, you could always talk to them about your issues and see if you can reach a consensus here.
>>
>>50438529
I only use them if a player has made long term changes to how they act, or exceptional circumstances come up.
That said, I tell my players up front about it. In your case, the GM should have told you what the deal was, and you shouldn't have made such a massive leap all at once.
Even then, why LE to CG? Why did your lawful, rule abiding tendencies disappear?
>>
>>50438771
I genuinely just think he did it as the most obvious complete opposite.
>>
>>50438529
>Forced Hit Point Changes

>What do you think of them /tg/? My DM just did that and now it's got me fucked up. I went from 30 HP to 18 HP because of a case of overexposure to a goblin sword but I really don't want to have less than full HP. General That DM thread too I suppose.
>>
>>50438712
This actually works really well, thank you.
>>
>>50438810
That still makes no sense.
If you were infused with pure goodness, it would still make you lawful good, because you did not receive energy from the realm of chaos.
>>50438816
Strawman, anon. Sweeping changes to your character is not generally done without the player being in on it, it's called courtesy. Hell, I've played paladins who fell, and I worked with the GM to make it seamless, sensible and push the narrative forward. OP's situation makes little sense from a mechanical and rp perspective.
>>
>>50438529
>the current year
>needing a game statistic to indicate the quality your character's moral fibre.
>>
>>50438855
Yeah he's a new DM because we wanted to switch out from our old forever-DM and he has great lore and theming ideas because he's a writer but he definitely has boundary issues nowadays because he's used to controlling all the characters whereas now he only controls the environment.
>>
>>50438529
>but I really don't want to be good, or chaotic.
Just go and FUCKING OWN IT, play the most stereotypical Chaotic Good imaginable through and through. You're not getting your old character back might as well run the new one wearing the same skin. The reasoning is simple. either you'll start to like it and all's well that ends well. Or it will be complete trainwreck and GM might take a hint that it was bad idea to begin with.
>>
>>50439007
I'm gonna become a Stalinist commie.
>>
>>50438938
That is something he needs to be called on then.
A game isn't about the GM's story, it's the players story, and he needs to be told that there are boundaries.
Warping a character because "you have a story to tell" is high up on the list of GM fuckups, and do not be afraid to call him out.
>>
>>50439064
>Warping a character because "you have a story to tell" is high up on the list of GM fuckups, and do not be afraid to call him out.
That's true, but don't make it a "You're an ass" thing, or that will only cause more problems.
>>
>>50438529
Check with them if it's mind affecting. If it isn't, carry on as a lawful evil person, and have a bonus chaotic good aura.

If it IS mind-affecting, demand will saves, and after you inevitably fail, ask EVERY decision to be made by your GM, since it's mind-affecting. Every decision from whether to follow the party or not, to to what food would he eat now he's chaotic good, and also ask for reasons why he'd do that.

If your GM asks why you're doing that, it's because your character is being mind controlled.
>>
>>50439438
No one said you need to be a cunt about it, but GMs who think they have rights over literally everything in the game they are running lead to bad things.
I learned the difference early from my old GM, and have taught that to every GM that came up in my shadow.
Confront and challenge the pcs, do not change them because it fits your personal narrative.
>>50439440
This is an example of the kind of passive aggressive silliness no one should do.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.