[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 40

File: 1457918129605.jpg (533KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1457918129605.jpg
533KB, 1120x1680px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50393593
>Wired Reflexes or Move-By-Wire.thread
>Internal Blades: Good Idea or alarm siren.trid
>Adepts vs. Sammies: Who's better.thread
>Gotta go fast: A guide in 33 easy steps.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 56 (80% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Chummer, why the fuck won't you just use a gun? You're gonna get killed with this CC drek'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Way of the Ninja.BTL...

>Swing Straight
>Dodge Bullets
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Melee edition
>>
>>50436486
In my experience, the biggest problem with melee is that - due it it being a complex action to attack - you can't both draw your weapon and attack with it in the same pass, by default. That's why Iaijutsu or the Rapid Raw power are so vital in melee builds - that or a wireless-enabled Spur, or an always-ready unarmed weapon like Bone Lacing + Striking Calluses.

Melee characters who haven't provided themselves some way of both drawing and attacking in the same Initiative Pass are seriously deficient. Not as seriously as a Melee character who failed to maximize their Strength, but close.
>>
>>50436856
That and closing to swinging distance. I like lower cyberlegs for that. Have skimmers, hydraulic jacks, and armor from the knee down. It's the best mobility investment you can make in the entire game, short of access to some kind of flight, and I recommend it even for Adepts, because it's more than worth losing the PP.
>>
>>50436486
>Melee edition
Periodic reminder that the monofilament whip is the best melee weapon. Requires no strength investment, small enough to be hidden in any orifice, and also it looks cool.
>>
What would be the best toxin/drug to get a chem-gland+weapon implant for ?

Personally would vote for bliss, since it's clearly organic in origin and turns most enemies bumbling fools.
>>
>>50437342
K-10
>>
>>50437305
It's also super easy to conceal, and hard to detect. It does everything.

Right up until you glitch.
>>
>>50437640
>Right up until you glitch.
If you want to avoid that and also don't mind it being incredibly unconcealable you can grab a monofilament chainsaw, which doesn't have the glitch rules.
Failing that, just trust that you won't glitch because it's statistically near impossible to roll 6 1s when rolling 12 dice.
>>
>>50437640
The chances of glitching on a dicepool of 12 is a laughably low percent, and even then on a glitch all it does is get tangled around something.
>>
>>50437342
Nothing, honestly. Even Immediate toxins don't actually take effect until the end of the full Combat Turn (not Initiative Pass). They're all too slow-acting to bother investing in.
>>
>>50437386
Chummer you crazy
>>
New to Shadowrun here. What else should I be reading after the Core Rulebook (5E)?

Also, do I have to read everything in the Core Rulebook? It's pretty jam-packed with info and I just want to know where to direct all of my focus (beyond Stats and whatnot).
>>
>>50439791
Just read the parts that have the stuff that interest you. Rigging isn't going to be important to you if you're playing a MysAd and so on.
>>
>>50439814
The thing is, everything looks really important/interesting to read - even the fluff.
>>
>>50439791
You should probably take a look at Run & gun, and Run faster.
>>
What skills could a burned research scientist bring to a running team?
>>
>>50440046
Depends what kind of research
>>
>>50440000
Nice quads, chummer.
>>
>>50440111
Nice trips, chummer.
>>
File: 1415170098632.jpg (515KB, 1804x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1415170098632.jpg
515KB, 1804x1436px
>>
>>50440046
Depends really, first thing that comes to mind is rigging/decking but that's more of mechanical engineering. A researcher into magic might have magic themselves, who knows omae.
>>
>>50440046
Drug manufacturing and toxins maybe?
>>
>>50439791
It all heavily depends what archetype you want to play.

Deckers should read the matrix and decker portions. Assuming this is 5e you will also want to read data trails if you are looking to read another book on the matrix.
riggers are going to want to read vehicle rules and rigger section, rigger 5.0 is the rigger splatbook,.
magic/adept read magic part of book and the splat for that is street grimore.
Additionally as another anon suggested, run faster and run and gun splatbooks are useful, run faster focuses on giving more options at character creation and run and gun gives you tons of new equipmeny and explosive and martial arts rules
>>
>>50440187
>>50440154
>>50440098
All Ive got concrete is he was burned because he disagreed with his research partner on ethical matters and was forced to scrub all the data he coukd and run. With possible plans to finish the paetner off to keep him from using the work.

i could go all megaman on this with robots I guess, or all scarecrow with toxins.
>>
>>50440204
Which archetype would you recommend for a new player? I'm assuming they have different levels of difficulty.
>>
So is there a point where non-lethal becomes obsolete? So far we've been trying to keep casualties to minimum by using gel rounds and electrical alternatives and killing only people we were paid to kill but I wonder about the time when we will need to bust out APDS rounds and such
>>
>>50440250
Simplest would be Street Sams, since their rules are the ones that apply to all others as well
Mages, Adepts, Deckers, TMs and riggers have additional rules as well

Also you should definitely read the Sixth World Almanac (4e) which is the go-to source if you need info on the setting. Since it's from 4e it's a bit dated but most stuff in there should still be the same
If you want more info on specific places the 3e books cover quite a bit

Also if you haven't before download chummer5 and check the OP Pastebin

>>50440340
You usually need APDS when dealing with Spirits or vehicles

>captcha: exit nissan
if it's being shot I'd rather stay in there
>>
>>50440340
APDS is for when you are fighting spirits.
Or for when you have wetwork.
If you are a good nonlethal team, you probably won't get many lethal jobs. Fixers know to get you jobs that fit your skills.

Apds also comes out to play when you have a job to demolish a building and shoot anyone trying to escape, or assasinate a guy in an armored limo.
>>
>>50440229
Data scrubbing would suggest he's basically a decker, so that's what you'd build and just flavour him with research appropriate skills/knowledges - Cybernetics for the megaman approach, Chemistry and/or Demolitions if you go a more Organic Chemistl route.
>>
>>50440366
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to put it to good use. I've only ever played the video games so I'm looking to try something a bit different with the tabletop.
>>
>>50440421
I might go with the megaman approach. Now for important decisions.

Light or wily?
>>
Is the treatment for massive spine and nerve damage wired reflexes? Or something else?
>>
>>50440841
Wired reflexes aren't treatment for anything, it's hardware to make soldiers killing machines. Bone and nerve reconstruction are totolly possible in the 6th world without much of a fuzz. If you can afford wired reflexed, you can afford a new spine. But hey, you do whatever you want to.
>>
>>50440902
Dang.
Im trying to think of some injury that takes a boxer out of the game and forces him to street sam with his new cyber.
If nerve damage is that easy to repair, I guess a rabbit punch based injury is too easy. Broken bones are likewise too easy to fix, so I can't just have him get beaten near death.

This is a real puzzler.
>>
>>50437693
It gets tangled around you, i think, and you take the full DV. Pretty much ensures you're gonna get fucked up because you wasted a turn + took potentially huge damage.
>>
>>50440971
That's only if you critically glitch, a normal glitch is that it gets caught on something while you swing it around.
>>
File: file.png (778KB, 872x663px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
778KB, 872x663px
>>50440943
>Mob boss takes an interest in your fighting ability
>After your injury, he offers you the deal of a lifetime, implanting 'ware that'll not only restore you to full functionality, but make you faster and stronger than before
>He just needs to know you'll be willing to help him with a few trifling things here and there...
>>
>>50441104
Oh yeah, it certainly is going to involve the mob. How else do you get the slow decline into debt and crime?

Though I am wracking my brain to think of a boxing injury that isn't either instantly lethal or 100% repairable in the 6th world.
>>
>>50441149
It doesn't have to be unrepairable. If you're mudding around with a guy's spinal cord, you might as well put WR in when you're there. Saves the trouble of opening the guy back up.
>>
>>50441149
Just because it's treatable doesn't mean he can afford the treatment proper, the Mafia could always pay for the expenses and then some. But as always, favors need to be repaid.
>>
>>50441189
Are you suggesting the mob bribe a crooked doctor to put it in there mid operation?
Which nicely leads to his expulsion from the boxing ring. Which nicely leads into mob work.
And eventually finding out it was the mob that fucked you in the first place, depending on gm.

>>50441207
That's another good angle if I don't want to have to do mob revenge.
>>
File: Vasilisevchenko.png (150KB, 270x355px) Image search: [Google]
Vasilisevchenko.png
150KB, 270x355px
>>50440477

And while it's arguably more biomechanical engineering than research, you could be a cybertechnology engineer or researcher, and wear one or more limbs like pic related. The Modular Limb accessory from Chrome Flesh even lets you swap these out on the fly, which fits really well for someone who regularly wore different cyberlimbs for testing and demoing to clients. Possibly you lost the arm/leg(s) in a lab accident, and having to wear cyberlimbs gave you a new perspective and empathy for cyberware users, as well as a drive to make cybered life more bearable. This can lead into the sense of ethics that leads you to burning your research.
>>
>>50441617
Biomechanical engineering totally counts as research.

Though it makes me wonder what abuse of cybertechnology could have prompted this ethical dilemma
>>
>>50441731
cyberdicks
hundreds of them
>>
>>50441745
Needs more pathos
>>
>>50441731
Pushing combat oriented cyber ware on people who don't want it/can't afford it. People who would lose their jobs if they don't take it, and maybe some even lose heavy amounts of essence/get in lots of debt because of it. Maybe they didn't like the idea of someone being turned into a weapon permanently or losing control of their own body because someone else now technically owns it.
>>
>>50440340
Physical damage has the unique disadvantage of sometimes being downgraded to Stun, which targets a completely different health track. In practical terms, that means that the only time you really want to switch to APDS instead of something that does Stun is when targeting something with hardened armor (like a spirit) or something that doesn't take Stun damage (like a drone or vehicle). Against organic metahumans always pack Gel, Stick-n-Shock, or tasers, because they have better stopping power.
>>
>>50441731
Easy. Work for Aztech or Shiawase and had an accident there. Aztech angle's obvious, and Shiawase does plenty of work into cybernetics. Yakuza connection. Blam.
>>
>>50441831
Crap. Meant MCT, not Shiawase. My bad.
>>
>>50440841
>>50440902
>>50440943
There are absolutely injuries and nerve damage that are hard to treat conventionally, they're just not represented mechanically since you're not going to be receiving them in play - the same way you're not going to get your legs blown off by a landmine unless you burn edge to survive something.

Wired Reflexes would definitely not be a treatment for that kind of damage, mind you. That's just not what it does.

Move-by-Wire, however, could be. Move-by-Wire completely bypasses your normal motor functions, letting you puppet your body in the same manner as a Rigger Jumped In to a drone. So, it could have possible actual medical applications for someone experiencing some kind of motor control failure as a result of certain forms of hard-to-repair brain damage.

It's hideous overkill, mind you, but maybe after someone beats you in the skull until you can't walk or hold your piss anymore leaves you in the mood for some overkill, you get me?
>>
>>50441731

Some ideas (most of which probably suck):
- Your speciality is neural interface hardware, primarily focused on correcting phantom limb syndrome/psychological rejection of cyberlimbs by more natural interfaces. But your partner has been piggybacking your research into subliminal signalling to have the cyberlimb introduce subtle compulsions into wearer's heads - perhaps you noticed when after installing a new prototype unit you had the strangest craving for your company's soyburgers, even though they make you gag. You can't in good conscience let any tech that can do this end up in anyone's hands.
- Your speciality is anti-rejection drugs, used as part of physical or mental therapy for treatment of physical or mental rejections of 'ware. You notice some abberant values in a set of test data your partner's submitted, and with some digging (and a couple security tapes you accessed if you're a decker) you realise that he's been falsifying results. You confront him about this, and in retaliation he frames you for the falsification he's done. You nuke the research and bail.
- As an R&D powerhouse duo, you're more interested in the Research, and he's more interested in the Development - specifically, selling your work to corporate. You're working on a complex project - maybe some next-gen headware - but in its current state, it's still fundamentally dangerous to patients. Only problem is, your partner has doubled down with corporate that it'll be ready to ship, and has his reasons (pride, fear, poor rep) that he can't let you delay the launch. Corporate won't, either, they've already passed your friend's status reports up the chain. Knowing that the only way you can stop this dangerous tech from making it to market is scrubbing it, you punch the delete key and punch out.
>>
>>50441731

Shittier ideas:

- Your main field of research is synthskin, and your masterpiece is a simulated dermis which can support a real, living layer of flesh over the synthetic muscle of the limb. Your partner, meanwhile, is focused on the development of a synthetic skin to go with it. But he's been taking shortcuts in his work - The moment you found out that the skin on your new arm was taken from a corpse you nearly ripped it out of the modular socket. Recognising the ethical implications, you scrubbed your research (This has an interesting body horror angle, but in a world where Organ Grinders is a thing it admittedly doesn't make much sense)
- You're in the lab late one night - inspiration struck, and you just have to try this new actuator design on the nanofab - when a 'runner breaks in. After a tense struggle, you kill them in self-defence, with a shotgun-equipped prototype cyberarm that you were tinkering on. That's when you realize four things: One, the local manager's kid has been moonlighting as a shadowrunner. Two, that kid has the previous prototype of the arm you have on right now on your arm. Third, the only people who have access to this lab are you, and your partner. And fourth, it wasn't you who was smuggling milspec cyberarms to criminals. Unfortunately, your partner's a smooth operator, and that's the manager's kid on the ground, who you just killed. You don't even think about the fact that you're still wearing the shotgun arm as you bolt to your barracks to grab what you can.
>>
>>50441762
Small, ineffectual ones, then.
>>
More unhinged:
- Recently, you've been stuck doing development of cyberlimbs for Renraku's CyberIdols, a marketing gimmick and musical sensation across Japan, Korea, and more. You always wanted to do something more serious, but this pays the bills, and still technically lets you do work in your field of cyberlimb systems for kids/teenagers, inspired by your own Hemiparesis, which you had treated with cheap, used cyber as a kid. Your new designs allow limbs that can morph to match the profile of a growing kid automatically. No more surgery or legs longer than the other. But the cyber idol industry is fucked - the augmentations you make are repurposed to serve as a "leash", keeping the poor girls and boys locked into nasty contracts, or worse. You can't let your research be perverted like that
- You find out that your work on child/teenager augmentations is being used as part of the Renraku CyberIdol program. You can't in good faith even indirectly support the creation of that terrible excuse for music.
>>
>>50442064
>>50442325
I liek a combo of 1 and 3.
R&D powerhouse duo focused on interfaces. Shit gets bad fast when mind control gets thrown in there.

Then we can throw in runners wherever we like.
>>
>>50442539
I would say to have the effects limited to just compulsions. Like, the idea is that the limb interface sends periodic subliminal feedback that says "yep you have an arm, it still exists", but you can tweak it to send "Man, don't you want a Renraku(TM) Kobe-Style(TM) SoyBurger?". Maybe after you find out your partner justifies it to you and himself as "Look, we need this kind of stuff to show to corporate to keep our lab funded. Don't you like your job?"

I feel like attaching a cyberarm and getting a suspicious craving for burgers is an almost perfect Shadowrun tone - dystopic and horrifying tempered with satirical comedy
>>
>>50440340
Lethal tends to be a little faster. If you have a HTR team breathing down your necks and you dont have time to stun the armored security with your gel rounds, killing them is a lot faster.
>>
>>50441981
One of my NPC's was essentially blown in half, having a ton of reconstructive surgery to keep them in one piece.

How would someone be able to fix the horrible spine and nervous system damage that would cause? Would Move-by-Wire work?
>>
>>50442773
Yeah, but it seems a bit petty as well.
Evil, but not the kind of evil you set fire to a lab for most times.
>>
>>50443101
Of course, It's your character, not mine. Do what you want, chummer
>>
>>50443061
Honestly, I'd give them a cybertorso, representing how much had to be replaced to keep them 'intact.' Mechanically, at any rate. Maybe one arm and one leg too. Synthetic, obviously, so he still looks more or less intact, until you start touching his 'skin.'
>>
File: 1446939693871.jpg (2MB, 1954x1421px) Image search: [Google]
1446939693871.jpg
2MB, 1954x1421px
>>50440421
>Data scrubbing would suggest he's basically a decker

Deleting stuff is not hard. Even a computer novice can download something that overwrites a file with 1's and 0's, and have that loop while he pulls the fire alarm and books it.

It might still be recoverable, but what GM is going to pass up the opportunity of the research partner, half-mad and strung out on Long Haul after spending years trying to put it all back together, coming for the PC with a corporate team to capture him alive?
>>
>>50442773
>I feel like attaching a cyberarm and getting a suspicious craving for burgers is an almost perfect Shadowrun tone - dystopic and horrifying tempered with satirical comedy
You're only about 20 years late, in setting. Subliminal advertising has been going strong with only minor limitations on feedback levels.
>>
>>50443360
>a single cyberleg
>>
>>50443419
>Deleting stuff is not hard. Even a computer novice can download something that overwrites a file with 1's and 0's, and have that loop while he pulls the fire alarm and books it.
How well does that work with optic-based computing systems?
>>
>>50443458
Exactly the same. They're still just digital systems, even if they're optical circuits.

Quantum, on the other hand...
>>
>>50443436
>get R6 hydraulic jack

>"Ladies and gentlemen, meet Skip."
>>
>>50443473
Somehow I'm not convinced.
>>
Oy chummers,

I am interested in playing a rigger with a single humanoid drone. He is wheelchair bound and jumps into it to go on runs.

How can i make this idea not shit or even op?
>>
File: Street Samurai.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Street Samurai.webm
3MB, 720x404px
What's the best way to get Street Samurai-level initiative without having to sacrifice a bunch of Essence for Wired Reflexes?

I'm trying to build a character with cyberlimbs, and those chew up Essence like nobody's business. Is there some combo of 'ware I'm missing, or do I have to go be a drug freakagain?
>>
>>50443833
I had a similar concept with a realistic featured anthro drone for an NPC, that the players ended up having to extract multiple times.
>>
>>50443833
Direktionssekretar with maximum upgraded limbs and as much metahuman armor as you can pack onto it. Then get a multidimensional coprocessor for an extra die of initiative whenever jumped in and shit like cyber antennae and a datajack for arbitrarily infinite noise reduction.
>>
File: Ares Duelist Standing.png (1MB, 612x765px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Duelist Standing.png
1MB, 612x765px
>>50443833
1) Have a pimped out van on site; you can drive, shoot with a concealed weapon, and take your drone in and out of situations (and your meatbag teammates too, if you really want)

2) Don't have one drone, because it will be blown up immediately and make you sad. Drones are fragile. The S-K Secretarybot is the closest you can get to a great anthrodrone, and even then it's super expensive and kinda shit .

Get an I-Doll with Realistic Features as your facebot, and some Duelists (wearing Armour Jackets with Nonconductivity) for fighting. Jump around as necessary
>>
>>50443934
man I love duelists so much.
I am going to get a gaggle of them and put them all in those fucking armored rice hats and use them to storm buildings.
>>
File: Dr-rockso-thumb.jpg (18KB, 244x213px) Image search: [Google]
Dr-rockso-thumb.jpg
18KB, 244x213px
>>50443847
High grade cyberlimbs with high grade bioware, preferably coupled with the Prototype Transhuman quality from Chrome Flesh.

Another way to do it is with a burnout adept with the enhanced reflexes power.

Yet another way is pic related
>>
File: wallpaper_the_agency_02_1600.jpg (373KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_the_agency_02_1600.jpg
373KB, 1600x1200px
>>50443473
Shadowrun's Matrix uses quantum pulse technology, and has done since 1st edition.
>>50440421
Data scrub arguably only requires enough marks on the files in question to perform Edit File, assuming you're in 5th edition.
>>50443833
It's an expensive and not very effective archetype that is more or less intentionally discouraged. Essentially you would buy an anthro drone from Rigger 5.0 (The direktionsekrettar is best girl), slap the limbs full of strength and agility bonuses.

Prepare to weep when your hundred thousand dollar drone gets geeked in the first firefight.
>>50443847
Drugs or magic. Ask your GM if you can allocate some of the capacity from your limbs to your initiative booster.
>>
>>50443995
>>50440421
wouldn't he literally have all marks on the file by default because he fucking works there and has to edit it daily?
>>
File: Techno Conan.jpg (401KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Techno Conan.jpg
401KB, 900x1200px
>>50443995
That knifegirl is so dainty, her pose is so weird, it doesn't look like she's cutting anything at all.
>>
File: Laughing Man.png (902KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Man.png
902KB, 900x600px
>>50443962
>prototype transhuman

It's handy, but I don't want that narrative baggage

I guess it's spending lots of money and hoping for the best

I already said no drugs, Rockso.
>>
File: 87193457b31a9209300b2d51ded6fd38.jpg (740KB, 1616x3000px) Image search: [Google]
87193457b31a9209300b2d51ded6fd38.jpg
740KB, 1616x3000px
>>50444026
Correct! If your GM feels like being a dick he might arbitrarily decide that the parent corporation uses a push-pull checkout system in which the file he wants to edit is checked out and pushed to the local workstation and then checked in with error-detection algorithms to prevent exactly that sort of thing, but that's a rather painful stretch of the mechanics to justify standard computing practices in our world.
>>50444031
It's a geas! She must always strike a pose, vogue, vogue, vogue
>>
>>50444125
That's not a problem, he is probably going to literally burn the research down.
>>
>>50443847
Assuming you're going for 4 limbs and a cybertorso, your aug options are very limited.

Reaction enhancers and synaptic acceleration are a decent "budget" option that should carry you through minor encounters, letting you conserve drugs/edge for serious situations.
>>
File: CatBurglar.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
CatBurglar.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Rate my cybered up catgirl/catboy. Goal is infiltrator/pocket street sam
>>
File: DW Lin and Dan.jpg (134KB, 994x520px) Image search: [Google]
DW Lin and Dan.jpg
134KB, 994x520px
>>50444185
Some day I'm going to have to explain to my GM why all my characters end up ruining their lives with hard drugs.
>>
So what is a recommended weapon for a rotodrone? Got a friend who's looking to outfit his rigger/face with a bunch. Was thinking about taking a Standard Mount with an Ingram Smartgun X, an ammo switcher, and a pop-up mount.

Trying to find something for general combat, that has a sound suppressor/silencer (as it will mostly be operating in urban zones) and ideally a smartgun system (unless mounted weapons come with one -- doesn't look like it).

Thoughts?
>>
>>50444607
A suppressed Desert Strike. You want hovering drones to be able to fly outside of guards' weapons' Extreme ranges while silently picking them off. It can even disable vehicles when you load them with APDS, and shoot through floors at guards who you mark with AROs.
>>
>>50444607
aks are the best drone gun. good range, full auto, good damage, and fairly cheap

smgs lack stopping power, shotguns lack range, and sniper rifles are more expensive, require a larger weapon mount and cannot use suppressive fire, and mgs are way too expensive

heavy crossbows are kinda fun as a completely silent option with a few arrowheads that guns cannot match
>>
>>50444607
Any full-auto weapon can do for a rotodrone based on this simple combat routine.

First, have a few do suppressive fire. If you can get a good penalty, that's great, but you want at least two or three hits. The rest will do a Sensor attack (pilot+clearsight-3 because you're probably doing this against metahumans) and then next turn it's reversed.

At this point they should all have at least one or two extra points of defense penalty beyond what the bursts give, they've got better than expected RC because they're drone mounted, and at almost any point the rigger can try and do it with their own dice pools if better (noise allowing).
>>
>>50444796
Sniper rifles don't require a larger weapon mount with Core or Building a Better Beast. Only the shitty optional drone-specific mod system.
>>
>>50444841
the core book standard weapon mount holds assault rifle sizes and smaller. sniper rifles are bigger than assault rifles, as definitely confirmed by the concealibility modifiers table
>>
>>50444695
That's not a bad idea for one or two of them. Have them on rotating overwatch. Tied with a person on the team doing the same it'd be damn near impossible to pick up where the shots are coming from.

>>50444796
All good points, except crossbows. They have limited capacity, fairly short range, and no way at all to reload -- so once they're dry, that's it.
>>
>>50444924
RAW aren't mounted weapons converted to belt-loaded? If shotguns are by default so should xbows, which also use internal mags
>>
>>50445007
Only in core. If you're using weapon mounts from Rigger 5.0 (and we are), they're limited to the normal capacity, and can take a mod that will allow the drone to switch between that source and another of equal size/type, or take another mod that grants the use of a 100rd belt.
>>
File: worse_by_pishacha-d9hrt4c.png (242KB, 834x1044px) Image search: [Google]
worse_by_pishacha-d9hrt4c.png
242KB, 834x1044px
How to do Black Magic without being a tremendous faggot?
>>
>>50445214
Roughly the same way one can be religious without being a colossal faggot - you can have your thing and do your thing, just don't go out of your way to get that thing all over everything.
>>
>>50445007
>>50445047
There's no rule that says mount weapons don't have to reload in core. Some groups just assumed it, because lol ammo for days.
>>
>>50445244
>just don't go out of your way to get that thing all over everything
When your thing is bending others to your will and leaving them broken husks, getting it all over everything is kinda what you do.

Black magic is for tremendous faggots.
>>
>>50445459
Dark is not necessarily evil. In the same way Black Magic is not inherently faggotrous.
>>
>>50444074
If you're really deadset of saving money/essence and you don't mind being stuck with only 2d6 (not that you'd be likely to get to 3d6 anyway) you could try the lightning reflexes positive quality for 20 karma, which leaves you enough to get biocompatability as well.
>>
>>50445214
Talk to your play group before hand and figure out where the group falls on the black hat-white scale. Then don't play a character who uses Black Magic as they're sole answer to everything/for amusement. Basically, have more depth to your character then 'Black Magician'.
>>
Is there any way to make a drone shoot thrown weapons?
I sort of want to put a shuriken launcher on my duelists entirely for ninja poser reasons.
>>
>>50445507
Black is inherently evil in this instance.

>Black Magic is not just about fulflling a desire; it’s about the satisfaction of having people line up to give you what you want, of bending them to your will so that they forsake everything they thought was important to them in order please you. If you cannot conceive of the satisfaction that can come from that, you have no place in Black Magic. Black Magic understands that evil is not about random, uncontrolled destruction—it is about the systematic breaking down of others to facilitate your own pleasure and enjoyment.

You can dabble with almost being evil, but that's either the start of delving deeper, a prelude to being ass raped by a real black magician, or flirting with darkness before you find your true way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGLveebwjo
>>
>>50445047

Can you even mount two normal weapon mounts on the rotodrone under R5 rules? Because it looks like you can't anymore.

But then again I can't tell because R5 is a huge mess
>>
>>50445943
"Each weapon mount added uses up the
listed number of Mod Points (listed as MP), allowing a drone to sometimes mount several smaller weapons rather than a single large one."
Even without that phrase it's pretty much a yes, as long as you have the MP for it.
>>
>>50445955
Well, that's the thing. Core says that the rotodrone gets 3 body points towards mounting weapons, in building a perfect beast R5 says the rotodrone gets +3 weapon mod slots, but in the drone mod rules and the chart the rotodrone still only has 4 body. And even if you give it 3 MP for weapons, you still can't equip anything close to what you could in core.

The rotodrone already kind of sucks, so this seems like a pretty nasty nerf.

This makes my Quebecois rigger far less viable
>>
>>50445998
I think calling them "weapon modification slots" is incorrect. Drones don't have weapons, protection, drivetrain, etc. like vehicles do. I think someone didn't double-check that. It's probably supposed to read 3 extra mod points.

Even if that's not the case, that would mean it has 4 MP to distribute however you see fit, + another 3 to distribute only for weapons. That means you could use those 3 for a standard mount, and the other 4 for a large mount (or something smaller). Could also use those 3 for a small mount + popup mount, etc.
>>
>>50446071

Yeah, but RIP to the double-AK rotodrone
>>
>>50446071
the r5 notes on converting the core book special rules to r5 equivalents assume using the vehicle mod rules for drones, so you have to figure it out yourself if youre using the drone modding rules
>>
>>50446095
Huh? What're you talking about? Page number or something?
>>
>>50446086
Easily done. Downgrade the body on the drone to get a MP. Then you have 8, which means large mount (4) + large mount (4) becomes available.
>>
>>50446148

And then a stiff breeze'll knock it out of the sky. And Chummer doesn't have the drone mod rules far as I can see. Guess I'll have to break out the paper
>>
File: 200%mad.jpg (39KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
200%mad.jpg
39KB, 500x738px
>>50437305
>whip
>not going BARE HANDS
>>
>>50446128
page 155 of r5 explains the equivalent standard mods the core book drones and vehicles get to replace the special rules they had and make them fit with the r5 rules. the given standard upgrades for the drones are all from the vehicle modding rules, so if you are using the r5 drone modding rules instead you will need to convert those standard upgrades to the drone modding equivalents
>>
>>50446195
Nnnnnooo...you're reading it entirely wrong. The vehicles and drones from core have certain bonuses granted to them, this is reflected on that page. For example, the Hyundai Shin-Hyung has body+4 body mod slots.
Since none of the upgrades there are addons (they come with the vehicle), they don't count towards MP or any of the vehicular upgrade points.

You don't need to convert anything. Drones are upgraded using the rules from page 122-128. They don't use rules from the vehicle section.
>>
>>50446168
Most of it's coded in and activated by the optional rule to use Drone Modifications, but mod points are kinda janky and attribute reductions haven't entirely been done yet.
>>
>>50445214

I don't know, but I would start by watching a lot of Gost music videos. Especially Maleficarum. For a synthwaver he's really into Satan.
>>
>>50446168
It does, it's just wonky. You add the mod in (like Acceleration (Drone)) and adjust the value to be what you want. By default it starts at 1, allowing you to downgrade a value if you want.

Also, that's why you get armor. Remember that a drone can handle up to 3x body armor without movement penalties.
>>
>>50444344
7/10

Get some ruthenium polymer coating on your gear instead of having so many guns and you are golden.
>>
File: 1442238494782.jpg (53KB, 555x777px) Image search: [Google]
1442238494782.jpg
53KB, 555x777px
>>50436486
Why melee when you can bow?

Was fussing around with an Archery Adept, and holy shit, am I drunk?

>Mundane Blindness
>Offset to a -2 by Blind Fighting power and Strike the Darkness from Kyujutsu
>Sharpshooter quality + Hammerfist and Called Shot(Pin) from Kyujutsu gives me a -1 penalty for Blast Out of Hands and Pin
>Base archery of 21 with Bow specialty
>Other powers are Focused Archery 2, Imp Reflexes 3, Master Archer, and Wall-Running
>11+4d6 Initiative

While my standard shot will only be 12P AP -2, I'm still averaging 25 on an Initiative roll, capable of reliably disarming (for damage) and pinning targets from range while being a grandfatherly blind man quoting koans. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>50437305
>not playing a fully cyber'd 5' 6'' Russian autist with PSTD, Redliner, and Cybersingularity Seeker
>not punching people through walls
>not abusing the hell out of clinching rules
>not holding down a big bad with one hand while the other holds a high-ex grenade

It's like you aren't even trying.
>>
>>50446465

Tacsuit or all ruthenium everything? And I guess I should dump the EBR straight-up, huh?
>>
>>50445943
>>50445955
>>50445998
>>50446071
>>50446095
>>50446128
>>50446195
>>50446291
The shitty drone-specific mod system is an explicitly optional set of rules, and the Building a Better Beast vehicle mod system is explicitly applicable to drones, as far as Rigger 5.0 mod systems are concerned.

Use the default, good latter instead of the optional, shitty former.
>>
>>50446492
I feel like I need a group that is a literal samurai, a blind old bowman, some kind of shinto priest, and an otaku.
We can do runs in the mythical lands of the far east.
>>
>>50446532
>>50446291
>You don't need to convert anything. Drones are upgraded using the rules from page 122-128. They don't use rules from the vehicle section.
Page 122 is pretty goddamn explicit:
>These rules provide detailed options for drones and can be used as an optional rules system for adding modifcations to them. Players who do not want to use a separate system can use the rules provided in the Building the Perfect Beast chapter (p. 150).

Building the Perfect Beast is the default system which both drones and vehicles use. The Automated Army is a set of optional rules for idiots who like it better.
>>
>>50446577
>We can do runs in the mythical lands of the far east.
No, they need to journey to the west.
>>
>>50446596
shit, that's good
>>
>>50446577
>>50446596
>>50446631
Gotta have a Piggy orc brawler, too.
>>
>>50446659
He can be fat and drunk!
>>
>>50446492
>holy shit, am I drunk?
And blind.

>Characters with this quality are completely blind and can perceive nothing visually. This means they automatically fail all vision-based Perception Tests.

You can test to perceive via sound or touch (at a penalty unless you use an action), but you lack environmental awareness to go wall running or otherwise do awesome blind master shit. Other than standing still and shooting accurately at sounds. Better hope you can hear a sound relevant to your next called shot.
>>
>>50446691
Well, the blindness was just thematic. Also, there's powers to help off-set that within a short-ish distance. If you remove Blindness, all that does is free up more power points, free up a new Martial Arts technique, and lose a -2 modifier to my shooting. Which just makes it even crazier.

The underlying Bow Adept just seems fucking insane. Especially if playing something like a troll or orc with high natural strength.
>>
>>50446731
Bows are roughly comparable to rifles, but that you need to compensate for their strength with adept powers or actual strength to use standard arrows, and they're fucking slow, which you may not be able to compensate for without a permissive GM.
>>
>>50445214
Gepetto of Shadowrun Storytime
>>
>>50440250
Face is easy as well because it has no extra rules, though face isnt a big enough to justify being purely face, ive seen face/infiltraitors work out quite nicely and they are easy to play as well
>>
>>50447006
I mean, are they really that slow in the hands on an Adept that's got 11 + 4d6 Initiative?
>>
File: mlSgI4o.jpg (556KB, 1379x1819px) Image search: [Google]
mlSgI4o.jpg
556KB, 1379x1819px
>>50447112
Simple Action fire, Simple Action ready. Prevents you from taking other action in your turn, like Aim.

A sufficiently strong archer can be ALMOST as strong as a child shooting a rifle that isn't taking advantage of called shots like Bulls-eye Double Tap.
>>
>>50447286

What metatype gives you horribly inverted fucked up feet like that?
>>
>>50446492
Post the character on chummer5 if you get the time. I'd love to see that.
>>
>>50446507
Just put it on the thing you are going to be sneaking around in most and I'd stick to either longarms or pistols to free up some skill points and nuyen.
>>
>>50442980
Except that, due to the way physical damage gets downgraded, it isn't.
>>
File: bob character sheet.png (300KB, 1870x2363px) Image search: [Google]
bob character sheet.png
300KB, 1870x2363px
Hi, everybody! A few days ago you nice fellows gave me some advice on improving my first character and I'd like to know what you guys think. Are skills too spread out? Am I missing a key piece of gear? I keep feeling like there is something missing.

I'm keeping the Corporate SINner quality it makes for interesting scenarios, consequences be damned.
>>
>>50447286
Yeah but does a child with a gun have as much style as a blind man running off walls and pinning people?
>>
>>50446492

>Blind
>Still rolling with 21 dice

That's fucking hardcore.
>>
>>50447843
Well, technically it was 23 dice -2 (Blindness) -1 (Called Shot: Pin, Called Shot: Blow Out of Hands, regular attack). So 20 total, with just a plain, unmodified bow.
>>
File: tumblr_o5yokmDeMV1qc3ju8o7_540.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5yokmDeMV1qc3ju8o7_540.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>50447662
Depends on taste, I suppose. Some people like old zen archers, some people like dfc operators. Style isn't exactly what you'd call quantifiable.
>>50447429
Pixie?
>>
>>50447944
Could you get around the simple action to ready using the rapid draw adept power?
>>
>>50448052
Depends on your GM.
>>
So who's got a pdf of the master index edition of the corebook yet?
>>
Is there a rule for roller blades skateboards or bmx bikes? One of my players said his black magic user needs to be even more x-treme and i aim to please.
>>
File: 1372132313370.png (222KB, 638x744px) Image search: [Google]
1372132313370.png
222KB, 638x744px
>>50443995
>teacupping grip
They were so close, too.
>>
>>50446465
Rutenium is 16F, you tit.
>>
>>50447660
It's shit.

If this is sum to 10, use karma for low level skills and get the peaks higher. As it stands you have way too many skills that does fuck all for you. Like for example, first aid with a dice pool of 4 is meaningless. You're better off leaving that task for someone else, because you can only ever heal someone once. And if you absolutely need to save someone's life, grab a saviour medkit.

And then there's the usual lack of burner commlinks, throwaway SINs etc. And for the love of fuck, drop Adept Spell. You're spreading yourself way too thin. If you want to cast, be a MysAd.
>>
File: Ares Duelist.jpg (128KB, 819x313px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Duelist.jpg
128KB, 819x313px
>>50445699
Give it a drone arm. Duelists don't have hands anyways, I love the idea of a concealed third arm that comes out from beneath a cloak to fling shurikens.
>>
>>50446659
A haruman dwarf with the berserker adept powers, or maybe a nephritic screen and a kamikaze gland.
>>
File: file.png (630KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
630KB, 600x509px
>>50449608
CGL haet multi-limbs though, are anthros even allowed to take extra limbs? I feel like there's some arbitary Hardy-esque restriction on it.
>>
>>50449833
>are anthros even allowed to take extra limbs?

Strictly by RAW, anthro drones don't have any mod points available. So unless you downgrade something to make some room; no.
>>
GM here, wondering how you guys would suggest statting up a Renault FT? (I figure a rigger whose gimmick is "the italian job, but he stole his ride from a museum) would be a nice one off baddie to have my players fight.)
>>
>>50449973
Speed 1 Accel 1 Handl 2 Body 10 Armour 16 Pilot 0 Sensor 1 (in the form of a window) Seats 2
Modifications:
Manual Turreted Armoured Weapon Mount (Using Stoner Ares M202 stats)
(For the cannon variant, SS grenade launcher with a single shot, Acc 4, reloading is a complex action)
Manual Control only
Vintage
>>
>>50448052
The best you can do without any interpretation or GM discretion is Aiming roughly every other attack by alternating Fire and Load (or Load and Fire) turns with Aim and Fire turns and Reload and Aim turns.

But that can risk wasting some Aims.
>>
File: averageshadowrunner.png (552KB, 540x741px) Image search: [Google]
averageshadowrunner.png
552KB, 540x741px
Recently, I've started to regain my interest in Shadowrun. In the past, I played 4th Anniversary Ed. and 5th after that. As of late I've been in a group playing DnD5e, and I managed to convince them to consider taking me up on running a Shadowrun Campaign, which will be my first experience running a tabletop campaign rather than being a player. The group doesn't want to play normal 5th ed, which is understandable, the detail that the mainline books go into is daunting, and most of our party are new comers to tabletop games, their first campaign is said DnD5e we've been playing. So I've been looking into Shadowrun Anarchy. Would you guys recommend it? I'm not so sure if the CUE system is something I like, is it easy to tone it down or cut it out and convert the system into more of a Rules-Lite Shadowrun. Are there better Rule-Lite options you guys would recommend? I have experience with Shadowrun Savage World but didn't like that it cut out some big parts (Technomancers mostly)
>>
>>50450313
No, it's shit. All of the crunch is there for a reason.

You can handwarve a lot of things as a GM, but you can't really go light on the rules.
>>
>>50450376
A rule heavy campaign is in no one's interest in my group at the moment. Is Anarchy my best choice or is there a better option.
>>
>>50450523
Yes, the better option is not playing at all.
>>
>>50450528
Jeeze, you're a bitter ass, aren't you?
>>
>>50450540
No, I'm just honest.
>>
>>50447429

Pigeon 'Shifter
>>
>when you GM for the group
>when nobody wanted to play any sort of hacker, so you have the ol' GMPC around to do that shit
>when you never looked at the rules and just rolled dice behind a screen and decided on what would work better from a story perspective on how effective your NPC is at hacking certain areas
>when a new player wants to play a technomancer and you have no idea how to do any hacking stuff, let alone technomancer bullshit

Hacking rules confuse and enrage me. I really like meatworld more than all this VR crap. Can someone give me an abridged version of how hacking things is done?

Also: I have a player that uses Wall-running and hang time together, using hang time as a way to hit a stopping point on walls before starting up again. Is that kosher by-rules? Didn't see one way or another, but I thought I'd allow it for style points at least.
>>
Hello all! Im very new to shadowrun and me and my buddies will be playing 4th edition, im building a street samurai for infiltrations and black trenchcoat stuff, while having some options if stuff goes loud. I would appreciate any input on the following statblock.

Akuma Fureiyā (Hitoshi Saito) (Oni)
B 4/7, A 5, R 6/9, S 3, C 1, I 5, L 3, W 4, E 2, Ess 0.061, Init 11/15, IP 1/3
Condition Monitor boxes (Physical/Stun): 15/10
Horizon MajorDomo Condition Monitor: 10
Sony Emperor Commlink Condition Monitor: 10
Armor (Ballistic/Impact): 13/13
Skills: Automatics 4 (Assault Rifles +2), Dodge 3, Exotic Melee Weapon: Monofilament Whip 6, Gunnery 1, Hardware 3, Infiltration 4, Perception 4, Pilot Ground Craft 2
Knowledge Skills: English 6, Japanese N (Cityspeak +2), Japanese Alcohol 4, Japanese Weaponry 4, Seattle Bars 2, Seattle Street Samurai 4, UCAS Rackeetering Laws 4
Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision
Qualities: Ambidexterous, Bad Rep, Biocompatibility (Cyberware), Born Rich, Made Man, Mania/Phobia, Uncommon (Moderate): Ecclesiophobia, Paranoia, Simsense Vertigo, Striking Skin Pigmentation
>>
>>50450848
Cyberware:
Cyber Arm (Obvious) (Alphaware) (Main Hand) with Cyberlimb Agility (10), Cyberlimb Body (9), Cyberlimb Strength (5), Enhanced Agility (4), Enhanced Armor +2/+2 (2), Enhanced Body (3), Fingertip Compartment (Alphaware)
Dartgun (Alphaware) with Cyber-Implant Weapon Dart, Narcoject x10, Smartgun System, Internal
Cyber Arm (Obvious) (Alphaware) (Off Hand) with Cyberarm Gyromount (Alphaware), Cyberlimb Agility (10), Cyberlimb Body (9), Cyberlimb Strength (5), Enhanced Agility (4), Enhanced Armor +2/+2 (2), Enhanced Body (3)
Cyber Torso (Obvious) (Alphaware) with Cyberlimb Agility (3), Cyberlimb Body (7), Cyberlimb Strength (3), Enhanced Armor +2/+2 (2), Enhanced Body (4)
Cyberears (Alphaware) (1) with Ear Recording Unit (Alphaware), Increased Sensitivity (Alphaware), Sound Link (Alphaware)
Cybereyes (2) with Eye Light System, Eye Recording Unit, Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink, Vision Magnification
Internal Air Tank
Reaction Enhancers (2)
Wired Reflexes (Alphaware) (2)
Bioware:
Sleep Regulator
Gear:
Akuma Fureiya with Lives with Yakuza
Autopicker (6)
Backpack
Bike Racing Helmet with Camera Neutralizer (6), Cyberware Scanner (6), Flare Compensation, Image Link
Blister Pack
Chameleon Suit
Criminal SIN with Fake SIN (2), Squatter Lifestyle
Form-Fitting Full-Body Suit
Horizon MajorDomo
Legitimate ID with Fake SIN (2), Squatter Lifestyle
Medkit (6)
Respirator (6)
Riot Control Armor with Fire Resistance, Nonconductivity (6), Shock Frills
Snuff (Aztec Chew, Indian Tobacco
Sony Emperor Commlink with Hardening (6), Novatech Navi Operating System, Skinlink
Stimulant Patch (6) x3
Suzuki Mirage
Weapons:
Dartgun (Alphaware) [Special Weapons, DV 3P vs. B, SA, 5 (m)] with Cyber-Implant Weapon Dart, Narcoject x10, Smartgun System, Internal
>>
File: 1464751920043.jpg (71KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1464751920043.jpg
71KB, 480x477px
>>50450828
>Can someone give me an abridged version of how hacking things is done?

We already have. read the pastebin you lazy fuck
>>
Ares HVAR [Assault Rifles, DV 5P vs. B, SA/BF/BF-Lx2/FA(12), RC 8, 50 (c)] with Chameleon Coating, Hi-C Plastic Rounds x100, Hip Pad Bracing System, Personalized Grip, Regular Ammo x100, Rigid Stock, Shock Pad, Smartgun System, Internal, Sound Suppressor, Spare Clips, Subsonic Rounds x100
Attack of Will (vs. Spirits) [DV 1P vs. I]
Monofilament Whip [Exotic Melee Weapons, DV 8P vs. I-4, Reach 2]
Unarmed Strike [Unarmed, DV 3S vs. I]
Flash-Bang Grenade x4 [Grenades, DV 6S, 10m R vs. I-3]
Fragmentation Grenade x8 [Grenades, DV 12P(f), -1/m vs. I+5]
Gas Grenade, Neuro-Stun [Grenades, DV By Chem., 10m R] with Neuro-Stun
High Explosive Grenade x4 [Grenades, DV 10P, -2/m vs. I-2]
Thermal Smoke Grenade x3 [Grenades, DV Th. Smoke, 10m R]
I just realized this is a huge wall of text and I probably should have made a pastebin. I am very dumb and dont post often, sorry about that.
>>
>>50450848
Devil firer? That sounds stupid as fuck.
>C1
Oh fuck off. Not only is that a bad practice, it's also a bad call. You literally couldn't talk your way out of a wet paper back with C1.

I won't comment on the rest, because 4th edition is gay and should not be played by anyone.
>>
>>50450828
Hacking is pretty simple in 5e, and the fastest it's been in any edition. I found this little cheat sheet in a previous thread and it's pretty good. But in short, you hack to get marks to do what you want. Spoof is the most powerful action, but it usually means going after a harder target and also knowing who has the right security clearances to do what you want.

But might as well give some extra info while I'm here, right?

Now, attack hacking is loud when it succeeds, so it should be left alone until it's either necessary (say cracking the protection on a file), security isn't as big a concern (say a low-to-mid-level job where the host won't find you, but the security decker you're going to dataspike could), or you just don't care (say wanting to intimidate a ganger whose matrix defense consists of a Meta Link).

Sleaze hacking is basically invisible to the target until you fail at it. Then you're immediately spotted by the target (if able) and they're likely to call security, be security, or try and geek the hacker depending on circumstances.

Now if you're using the Fading erratta, then the Technomancer can use Complex Forms to sometimes sidestep some of the hacking needed. If you're not, then they need to also have an Edge of Yes to use Complex Forms even with them being basically invisible to non-Resonance beings.

And if they can't use Complex Forms, they're probably going to be calling up sprites left, right, and center because until you've got at least two submersions under your belt, hacking directly as a Technomancer is way too dangerous when it's important.
>>
>>50449330

So what would you recommend? Just get the tacsuit?
>>
>>50450828
Wall running/hang time aren't technically kosher by RAW, but gecko tape gloves exist, so you're not looking at absurd power creep by allowing it
>>
>>50450848
>Oni
>Charisma 1
Charisma 1 is fine for a combat character, especially if you plan to raise it to 2 during play with karma, but don't Oni have a minimum Charisma of 2?
>>
>>50451748
Yes. Chameleon suit, and chameleon coating for any long weapons.

Unfortunately, there is no chameleon coating mod for helmets/ballistic masks, so work with your GM on that.
>>
>>50452290
>Charisma 1 is fine
No it's not. Fuck off, minmaxer.
>>
>>50452320
It absolutely is. The difference between Charisma 1 and Charisma 2 is mechanically nonexistent and fucking worthless for a non-social character - you're still socially terrible either way - but it frees up points to be better at what you're actually good at. Your attitude leads to people having nothing below Average in their attributes, which is boring, shitty, and unrealistic.
>>
>>50452320
Not him, but what if I want to play a unlikeable douche who fucks up every social situation he's in?
<very doom shaman voice> You know what would be the best way to take out the guys robbing this stuffer shack? Blowing up the building while they're still inside.
>>
>>50452461

Unrealistic? Having charisma 1 is literally what's unrealistic. I appreciate having lows and highs, but not so low you're almost incapable of using the attribute at all (score 0).

>>50452467

Then don't mind me, because that seems like you're knowingly choosing to go Cha 1. The people advocating dumping Cha (and often Log as well) are just powergamers.
>b-b-but I don't benefit mechanically from raising Cha to 2 as much as I would from raising Int to 6...
Yeah, maybe, but at least you won't have problems with interacting with the cashier of a convenience store when trying to buy a carton of soymilk.
>>
>>50452542
The fuck? Charisma 1 is a perfectly normal score to have - you're just taking -2 to your relevant dice pools compared to someone with Average Charisma. A specialty alone offsets that.

Ate you that same moron from a few weeks ago who kept shitposting about Logic 1 meaning someone was literally retarded?

Fuck, I'm just biting bait.
>>
>>50452542
>Yeah, maybe, but at least you won't have problems with interacting with the cashier of a convenience store when trying to buy a carton of soymilk.
You'll still have problems if you've got cha 2 and no relevant skills. Like, you'll critically glitch slightly less, but you'll still do it a lot.
>>
>>50452606

>The fuck? Charisma 1 is a perfectly normal score to have
Except not even street scum gangers have that low of a charisma score. They have 3. You have a third of their Charisma. That's extremely abnormal.
>>
>>50452461
I think this attitude is mostly a result of GMs not taking players to task for tanking their dice pools so low they can't buy successes on basic tasks.
>>
>>50452670
It's below average, not abnormal. What's abnormal is this weird universe in your head where 100% of people are at least average. Statistically speaking, at least 50% of people have to be below average, because that's how averages work. At least, that's how the median works.
>>
>>50452643

That's minmaxer talk. The attributes represent what you are naturally capable of doing, and with a score of 1, you're barely capable of using the score at all.

You think of dice pools. However, the dice pools are a combination of attribute and skill - not everyone even has points in a given skill. Let's take the earlier example of ganger scum, they have a charisma score of 3 and no points in con or negoatiate. Does that mean that they can't haggle with a street vendor? Of course not, they're just not particularly trained at that activity.

You're using a circular logic when you think that having charisma 1 is fine if you put 3 points in a skill you're most often using (probably etiquette). You're still an uncharismatic fuck, but you've learned how to negate some of your natural incompetence in that particular field. Yes, most people have a dice pool of 3-4 when doing a certain activity. But then again, most people don't have any points in a skill at all.

>RATING 0: UNTRAINED
>The default level of knowledge obtained through interaction with society and the Matrix. Though untrained, you have a general awareness of the skill, and occasionally may even be able to fake it.

I know I'm not your GM, but if you brought me a charsheet with an attribute score of 1 on it, I'd expect you to roleplay that flaw. This guy >>50452467 had a good idea.

>>50452707

It's as far below average as it can be without rendering you completely socially incapable.

And yes, there are going to be more people with a score of 1 in any given attribute, but those are few and far between, as most people have a score of 3-4. 2 is below average, and 1 is far below average. Similarly, few people are going to have a natural score of 5+.
>>
>>50452889
>you're not allowed to have uncommon scores
You heard it hear, folks. Any scores below 2 or above 4 are badwrong.
>>
>>50452916

>Any scores below 2 or above 4 are badwrong.

Don't put words in my mouth, cunt. I said that I expect you to play according to your flaws.

It's normal for a shadowrunner to be especially gifted in a certain area, so a score of 5+ is expected. That's why you're capable of working in the field.

Having a score below 2 is rare for normal people. That's why you should acknowledge it as a flaw and play accordingly.
>>
>>50436486
So let's talk about melees natural enemy. Walls and other stuff that stands in your way of cutting down stuff.

So how do we cut down a Wall in a single fell swoop ?

Hardmode: no chainsaws or adept anti-barrier punch.
>>
>>50452948
Wow, nice goalposts. I love where you've moved them - they look a lot better there.
>>
>>50453367

Wow, nice illiteracy.
>>
>>50453367
You're straight up fucking retarded.
>>
Awakened have spirits, riggers have drones, technos have sprites and deckers have agents. What would street sams have as a pet/sidekick ?
>>
>>50453479
the rest of the team
>>
>>50453479
you answered your own question. Either it is the entire band of rowdy's to support the glorious Samurai.

Or get literally a pet, steal a hellhound, train a dog, buy an cockatrice. Buy some animal pheromone glands and you have your battle companion.
>>
>>50453611
omaeeee what have you done to my sides
>>
File: maj_kusanagi.webm (487KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maj_kusanagi.webm
487KB, 1280x720px
>>50453611
Precisely.
>>
>>50453479
Their gun, just give it the personality upgrade.
>>
>>50454452
>personality upgrade
How long until the gun develops into an A.I. and you have to have another player step in to become a secondary Matrix ally?
>>
>>50454452
I prefer my ares alpha to not moan every time I pull the trigger
>>
>>50452542
I can understand dumping logic, as you can function without it, both mechanically and on a 'realistic' level. Some people just aren't good at abstract thinking - in fact in my recent experience a lot of people really struggle with the areas governed by logic but are otherwise perfectly functional human beings so Logic 1 would seem reasonably common. Charisma 1 however is both on a mechanically and 'realistically' far more detrimental. It leaves you with next to no contacts unless you bleed precious starting karma for it and would render some form of socially retarded fuck. At some point during the game, you're going to have to talk to people for something even if it is just a stuffer shack clerk. You can't get through life without dealing with people so you're essentially condemning the rest of the party to being your carers and eventually they'll get tired of you.
Furthermore I don't really buy the compensate with skill points argument, as they tend to just as, if not more a precious resource stat points. that plus as far as I'm concerned below 6 dice is the dangerously incompetent, should not even attempt threshold are you really going to spare the 5 skills points for etiquette just so you can order a burger without causing a firefight?
>>
>>50454510
You're at the GM's mercy there chummer. Though it could mean the Sam could finally have a meaningful relationship with their raifu.
>>
>>50454555
Then go into the options and change the preferences off of pervert mode.
>>
>>50451042
Thanks Anon, appreciate the info
>>
>>50454733
NP. I figure with all the words I wrote in the past about Technos (mostly non-sprite wrangling ones, because those are better written about), I should say something about 'em.
>>
>>50440046
>What skills could a burned research scientist bring to a running team?

Knowledge and research skills out the ass. He's a nerd who spent too much time on stuff like journal articles and conferences, so he can potentially find info on anything he wants, down to bleeding-edge theoretical tech that corps try to keep under wraps (or at least the theoretical background that makes said tech possible). He could figure out who is researching what too, in broad strokes at least.

Great contacts too, from his friends and colleagues in research. If he asks the right way, he could probably get access to some obscure, specialized equipment that has no business being in a criminal's hands. He could also learn a lot about what's happening in the world of research, which, GM-permitting, could lead him to opportunities.

If he worked in chemistry, he might be good at making drugs, explosives, and poisons. After all, what chemist hasn't at some point bragged about being able to turn household materials into weapons?
>>
How do you roleplay an anti homeless/sinless shadowrunner?
>>
>>50454614
One point of Charisma, one point of Etiquette, and a Specialty is enough to let you buy a hit whenever you're in your comfort zone. Three points of Etiquette is all it takes to buy that hit regardless of comfort zone.

Acting like Charisma 1 means you're some ridiculous socially retarded fuck compared to someone with Charisma 3 is extremely disingenuous.
>>
>>50456246
By being a wageslave instead. What the actual fuck are you asking?
>>
>>50454614
>order a burger without causing a firefight
why the hell do you even need to roll to order a burger? Unless you have a special quality to represent it (Like Uneducated) you are automatically assumed to manage it
Low CHA just means you can't assert yourself and are bad at noticing social cues. You don't have to be charismatic to order food
>>
>>50456543
Your GM doesn't require you to roll Logic every time you tie your shoes, Strength every time you pick up a fork, and Charisma when you buy food from the Stuffer Shack?

Shit GM, top kek.
>>
>>50456599
>not requiring constant BOD tests to keep breathing
>not requiring constant WIL tests to not want to die
0/10 would not play with
>>
>>50454614
charisma 1 while ordering a burger is telling the girl "Thanks you too" in response too "Enjoy your food sir"
>>
>>50456643
>constant memory tests to not forget who and where you are
>constant composure tests to not drop spaghetti at the world of 207X
-10/3.5 would laugh at derisively
>>
Is there a Discord for people who play Shadowrun (the games and the tabletop)?
>>
>>50456697
>not requiring constant Perception tests to not wander into traffic
>not requiring constant edge tests for you not to suddenly be killed by random chance
-∞/10
chummer, what the drek are you doing
>>
File: 1477891699814.jpg (62KB, 736x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1477891699814.jpg
62KB, 736x1011px
>>50456543
>why the hell do you even need to roll to order a burger?
Because the Stuffer Shack has a security guard and it's literally impossible for your 1 Charisma, 0 Etiquette street sam to walk in without looking like you're going to rob the place.
>>
>>50457047
why though
here i am street sam walking in and ordering a burger
now im getting shot at
why?
>>
>>50457047
First, so long as you don't rob the place, they don't give a fuck.
Second, social modifiers will be positive for paying customers.
>>
>>50457154
Oh, and third;

It's fucking RAW that you don't have to deal with dice on mundane shit like every day driving, lifestyle covered purchases, etc.
>>
>>50457170
Yes, it's assumed that the average person doesn't have to roll for basic, one-success-threshold activities. Because the average person has enough dice to buy a hit on those tests.
>>
>>50457228
It's also assumed that the average GM isn't autistic enough to make his players roll for everything they do even if the outcome is inconsequential, but here you are
>>
>>50457228
No, it's RAW that activities lower than threshold 1 are not rolled for.

Like selecting the correct food item(s) from an AR menu, paying for it digitally, and taking the tray pushed towards you by a listless wageslave.
>>
>>50457440
We aren't talking about ordering the right food, we're talking about succeeding at an Etiquette test so the security guard doesn't think you're about to rob the place/shoot up in the bathroom, which is RAW what that skill is to be used for. The other players don't have to roll because they can buy hits. Your 1 Cha street sam can't buy those hits, and if they don't have points in Eti they simply auto-fail because their dice pool is zero.
>>
>>50457549
Unless your street sam walks in with armor on and a weapon out, though, the guard isn't gonna see you and think you're there to rob the place.
They're gonna think "Oh, another one of those cybered-up street kids. I'll keep an eye on 'em."
>>
File: 1456447163544.jpg (56KB, 540x638px) Image search: [Google]
1456447163544.jpg
56KB, 540x638px
>>50457428
The outcome of an Etiquette roll to avoid looking suspicious around security is indeed consequential, and a character in question has a real chance of failure. It's more or less the definition of a circumstance that requires a roll.
>>
>>50457713
"Going to get a burger" shouldn't require a roll
The only time going to a Stuffer Shack should require a roll is if one of the players intentionally initiates combat, the run takes place in the Stuffer Shack(as in, y'know, the module), or someone ambushes the group at the stuffer shack.

Just walking into a place, without making an obvious threat of yourself, is not going to cause a guard to attack you. Having ware does not make you an obvious threat; this isn't Mankind Divided, it's Shadowrun. Ware is an accepted an expected part of the world, and the worst you're going to get for it is weird looks, not a fucking gun to the face.
>>
>>50457549
>>50457713
I don't know what kind of sixth world you're running your bullshit hypothetical in, but it sounds like one where weapons and armoured clothing are less commonplace than the official setting, to the point where security drops spaghetti and starts shooting when the sammy pulls out a credstick. That's stupid, and you're being stupid by pushing it.

If we're indulging your retardation;
>Character’s desired result is: Advantageous to NPC +1
>The NPC’s attitude toward the character is: Friendly +2 (smile, wageslave, smile)
Take a leaf from negotiation, and add another +1 because the PC is paying nuyen and no one cares so long as they're a customer.

Or stop being such a retarded knob jockey, and try not suggesting that completely irrelevant-to-the-campaign situations that won't even be played out are rolled/accounted for in minute detail.
>>
>>50457769
>"Going to get a burger" shouldn't require a roll
It doesn't. Not looking suspicious to the security at the burger joint is what's requiring the roll, and only because the character has such a vanishingly small Etiquette pool that buying a single success is an impossibility. What you're doing here is browbeating the GM into letting your street sam ignore the social rules built into the system.
>>
>>50457949
No, what you're doing is pushing the rules into areas the game tells you to set them aside.

Unless the sam has a negative quality like cyberpsychosis, social stress, uncouth, etc, this should definitely not come up. 1 charisma is not a negative quality in and of itself.
>>
>>50458023
>1 charisma is not a negative quality in and of itself.
Doesn't have to be a negative quality for you to auto fail at charisma-based tasks.
>>
>>50458057
It has to be a negative quality for mundane situations to warrant dice.

>>50457949
>the character has such a vanishingly small Etiquette pool that buying a single success is an impossibility
Already pointed out this is not persistently true.

If it is true, the situations warrants dice, and they're getting hassled for looking intimidating, then they should be given a bought hit to cool the situation down using intimidation.
>>
>>50458136
It is a negative quality. You have 10 karma more than you would if you had charisma of 2.
>>
I've decided in all of my infinite ambition that I want to try making a Shadowrun Returns mod using the toolkit. Yes, I know the toolkit isn't very good, but I'm a glutton for punishment and I'm bored.

I have three questions as I'm not an expert on the canon, even though I probably should be.

1. How much of a threat do non-AAA corporations present, most of the time? Do they have their own security, etc. (Read: How powerful can homebrew corps be if I make one.)

2. Is wiping memory through either magical or electronic means possible in setting?
>>
>>50458136
>mundane situations
Passing unnoticed by security is not a mundane situation, particularly when the character's relevant dice pool is too small to buy even a single hit.

>If it is true, the situations warrants dice, and they're getting hassled for looking intimidating, then they should be given a bought hit to cool the situation down using intimidation.
I think we actually agree here, I'm just assuming the character can't buy a hit because the average person sticking a 1 in Cha is also not buying Eti up.
>>
>>50458204
The enemy corp in HK was a AA corp and had it's own security, wetworks and influence group in local law enforcement and government.
>>
>>50458290
I actually couldn't tell where Tsang outsourced and where she didn't, I don't know whether the writing was a little off or I wasn't paying attention or what, but I remember restarting the run a few times.

Good to know, though.
>>
>>50458191
It is not.

>>50458216
>I think we actually agree here
Doesn't look like we do.

You're calling for etiquette tests on bs no context situations like standing in line at a stuffer shack for a street samurai who has no negative qualities, merely being at the low end of human average charisma, with a level of etiquette one would pick up from trids & matrix.

>particularly when the character's relevant dice pool is too small to buy even a single hit
Repeating this won't make it true.
>>
>>50458317
>It is not.

It is a negative quality. You have less charisma than average, and you get more karma to play with.
>>
>>50458204
AA corps are extraterritorial and some are actually larger than a few of the smaller AAA corps.
There's tons of ways to wipe minds. The main ones that stick out at me is a spell in street grimore whose name I can't remember, and this weird elven drug that wipes the last few hours
>>
>>50458204
AA corps are literally nations, with extraterritoriality (sovereignty) and the ability to issue SINs.

AAAs are just AAs big enough to be in the top 10 of their kind.

Even an A-ranked corporation is a multinational corporation capable of buying local governments and assassinating people - the largest modern corporations wouldn't even be A-ranked except in the most extreme cases.

Most campaigns should feature AAs a hundred times more often than AAAs, and A-ranked corps hungry to move up and compete even more often than that.
>>
>>50458327
It's not. The only effect is that you have fewer dice in Charisma pools. You're randomly adding extra features that world be represented by actual qualities, like Uncouth or Social Stress.
>>
>>50458643

Or Impaired Attribute. Which doesn't actually do anything if your score is below your maximum.

It's worse than a negative quality.
>>
>>50458764
Besides, who was it that decided that being incapable of social interaction necessitated a negative quality?

With Cha 1 you're much worse off than with the vast majority of negative qualities.
>>
>>50458840
>>50458327
>>50458191
I'm now positive that whoever is carrying this argument on is either retarded or trolling, because this level of stupidity goes beyond rules lawyering and into "the rules don't say i can't do this, therefore it means i can do this, despite common sense saying otherwise" territory
>>
>>50458895

Refresh my memory then, because I must have missed the point where 'you must have a negative quality in order to be negatively affected in any way' was written in the book.

Your charisma sucks. You're worse off than people with multiple negative social qualities. And still here you are, going in circles, minmaxing your ass off, and rules lawyering your way away from any consequences.

>yeah I know I have a dice pool of 0 in a task but I didn't pick a negative quality so I'm completely fine

Fuck off already, would you?
>>
>>50458982
You're completely fine perforning mundane, day to day tasks as long as the GM doesn't call for a test. Your GM can then say 'You get a dicepool bonus of x because y' (The guard's seen you around regularly buying stuff here, you're not visibly armed, whatever) or you can choose to spend a point of Edge to get extra dice. You then do your opposed test and compare successes. It's still quite possible for the NPC to get zero successes as well.
>>
>>50459120
Misquote?
>>
File: wrong on the internet.jpg (34KB, 309x423px) Image search: [Google]
wrong on the internet.jpg
34KB, 309x423px
>>50457170
>It's fucking RAW that you don't have to deal with dice on mundane shit like every day driving, lifestyle covered purchases, etc.
Shadowrun also has self-driving cars via gridguide, so casual driving is even less of an issue.

>>50458982
Not that anon, but fuck you too. You don't need to roll for normal daily activities like driving to a restaurant and buying a hamburger without getting shot. Not unless you're going there in swat armor while waving your gun around.

I can tell you, I have seen some very socially impaired people, easily charisma 1 if not negative quality level, pissing people off every time they open their mouths, and even they don't have problems buying a hamburger. It's just not something that needs a roll.

It's like saying somebody with strength 1 can't open his front door, or someone with logic 1 can't tie his shoes, or someone with agility 1 can't drop a chicken leg into the garbage. Those are base levels of competency that anyone in the setting has, unless specified otherwise by a negative quality.
>>
On a lighter note, let's talk about drones:

Aztech Crawler or Nissan Roto-drone?

what weapons should I put on them?
>>
>>50458982
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>50458620
Fantastic. I might just bump the competing corporations I had in mind down to an A, instead. I'll keep Ares around for use of the Knight Errant model, though, since they're excellent enemies and their armor looks sweet.

>>50458511
Also excellent. I thought that, for some reason, the Plastic-Faced Man's technology was a liberty taken for the sake of making things cooler. Magic and tech both being viable options mean I can spin it differently on different runs.

Thanks, chummers.
>>
>>50459388

I'm not saying you should roll for everything. I'm saying that your social skills really fucking suck, and that you should play accordingly.

Having charisma 1 is pretty representative of some sort of social ineptitude, or shyness, or whatever. You don't need a negative quality for that.
>>
>>50459453
Keep in mind that A-ranked corps aren't extraterritorial. They can still have the police in their pockets and practically own their employees as slaves, but they're officially held to local laws rather than only internal ones. Personally, I much prefer that, from a story perspective.
>>
>>50459484
That's the idea. I'm basically playing with the idea that the city I'm setting it in is perceived as incredibly safe, so memory wiping to get around the law is common.
>>
>>50459517
Consist Laes as well, to erase short term memories. People might not even notice the gap if not put into a situation where they have to confront it.
>>
>>50459431
Roto-drone.
AK-97 or Ares Alpha, depending on if you're willing to pay the Alpha premium for an additional damage.
>>
>>50459139
No? The difference between 0 dicepool and Uncouth is that a character with Uncouth CANNOT roll on opposed tests for skills they don't have, ever. Even with Edge. No dicepool bonuses from external sources. On top of that, the GM may force them to make tests that would normally be completely normal for other people.

I get where you're coming from with this, seeing combat autists with 1 in every stat irks the shit out of me as well. In my games, the expectation is that you have to 'spend' enough karma to get to 3 in all your stats. If you want that karma back, they're treated like negative quality karma, so there's a limit to how much karma you can get overall. Works well enough in my games but YMMV, it's certainly thrown a couple of newbies for a loop.
>>50459431
Depends on your environment; an Aztech Crawler with Gecko Grips opens up a lot of opportunities for shenanigans indoors, but a rotodrone in the outdoors has substantially more maneuverability.
>>
>>50459431
depends on what you want them to do. they're very different drones

tasers have comparable damage to heavy pistols, and are easier to justify if anyone asks

machine pistols are the smallest weapon capable of full auto, and with that suppressive fire (something very good for a shooter with average at best skill)

sniper rifles have the longest range but have limited firing modes and in many situations will not be able to use their full range

assault rifles are affordable and versatile

smgs and shotguns have top-tier style points

flamethrowers are nice to have because purchasing an exotic autosoft costs as much as any other autosoft, and sending a drone in close enough to use it is much less of a risk than carrying the flamer yourself
>>
>>50458982
>>50459473
Social Ineptitude is covered by a negative quality.
Charisma 1 means, at most, you have trouble coming off as anything but an asshole.

And either way, social ineptitude and shyness don't mean a guard is going to see you and immediately think you're about to rob the place.
That's the direct equivalent to saying that someone with agility 1 can't shake someone's hand, and instead will always end up punching someone in the face because of their horrible coordination.

There's a difference between "doesn't do well in social situations" and "looks like they're about to fucking rob the place", and it's fucking massive.
>>
>>50459484
I agree with this. You can have some interesting things happen when that kind of arrangement strains or breaks down.

For instance, a local security leader might decide he's not going to let the corp pay him off, or laborers might organize and struggle for better protections, or it gets to a point where the corp can't hide their abuses and someone tries to hold them accountable.
>>
>>50459577
Not to mention the threat of journalism. Sovereign corporations only have to care about journalism because of their stock prices. An A can actually face lethal troubles.
>>
>>50459545

Yeah, uncouth characters are treated as unaware of skills where they have no points, which matters fuck all if they do have skill points in them. The biggest negative hit is that raising the skills takes double karma.

Uncouth to me isn't just 'being socially incapable'. It's being an overreacting hothead that goes from 0 to 100 in a blink of an eye.
>>
>>50459622
Uncouth is an instant red flag whenever I see characters with it. Whenever I see it its usually just used as an excuse for the player/PC to act like an asshole and disrupt the game while being able to say "its what my character would do." Uncouth is to Shadowrun what Chaotic Neutral is to Dungeons and Dragons. Its too bad that its so hard to justify shooting a fellow runner in the face no matter how much of a cuntbag he is.
>>
File: 14_08_13_by_sanchiko-d6i23sj.jpg (248KB, 754x1058px) Image search: [Google]
14_08_13_by_sanchiko-d6i23sj.jpg
248KB, 754x1058px
>>50459576
>And either way, social ineptitude and shyness don't mean a guard is going to see you and immediately think you're about to rob the place.
You're right, that would require an easy (which CRB codifies as threshold 1) Etiquette test. The vast majority of people don't have to roll because they can buy a hit, including your combat autist if they have 4+ dice in Etiquette.

>That's the direct equivalent to saying that someone with agility 1 can't shake someone's hand, and instead will always end up punching someone in the face because of their horrible coordination.
No, handshaking isn't a skill test codified in the rules.
>>
>>50459688

I have never had a problem with players like that, but if I had, I'd probably agree with you. Also because I tweak my games towards black trenchcoat, and you can't be a distruptive asshole in those. Without finesse and subtlety, you tend to get geeked very fast.
>>
>>50459577
Wait, so there are some cities which still have proper law enforcement?
>>
>>50459738
Charisma 1, Etiquette 1, Specialty 2, additional situational bonuses for things like being a paying customer and having only indirect contact with the security guard.

You're looking at enough to buy at least one hit. Maybe two.

And that's assuming they don't have Etiquette 3, at which point they don't even need the Specialty.

Charisma 1 isn't a big deal.
>>
>>50459837
Yeah. Plenty of places still have municipal law enforcement. And even where they don't, Lone Star and Knight Errant enforce local, governmental laws, not corporate edicts (but who can tell the difference, am I right, chummers?).
>>
>>50460058
Excellent. Time to have a beleaguered friend on the force who walks around in that scary-ass beehive body armor.
>>
>>50460036
>specialty 2
You specialised in convenience stores?
>>
>>50456543
That was hyperbolic, I apologise. I should've known that would cause hours of shit-flinging.
>>
File: 1477870942953.gif (1004KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1477870942953.gif
1004KB, 400x323px
>>50460266
Next time, mention how people with LOG 1 might as well be retards.
>>
>>50456285
Well, no you may just be hideously ugly. But let's make this clear, 1 is the lowest possible charisma value to have, you are one of the most repellent fuckers to crawl the earth if you have a Cha 1. Shadowrun's stat scale runs from 1 to 6, there's not a lot of granularity there, one point is a fair gulf in ability.
>>
>>50460293

I think we established that log 1 characters are 'barely able to function in society'. Which to me sounds pretty serious, but apparently it's normal.
>>
>>50460315

And this is the part where they go 'nuh-uh, being staggeringly ugly is obviously a negative quality'.
>>
>>50460293
We already had that contest a thread or two ago. And I don't believe that, hell my whole post was that Cha 1 seems much more of a handicap than Logic 1. I actually think SR does a good job of making every stat useful to every character with the exception of logic.
>>
Is there a guide on building characters? Something like cyberware that every street samurai would use to slice people up, or spells that are so useful that every mage learns it? Or the minimum amount of dice you'd want to roll on a skill your build is focused on, as well as qualities, gear, etc that help?

I saw the pastebin has a nice little guide with a few helpful things for people starting out but I didn't see anything that goes into detail.
>>
>>50460315
1 is the lowest a NORMAL person can go. The type of repellant, awful shit you're talking about it represented by not only having Charisma 1, but also having a negative quality like Uncouth or Antipathy.

Someone with Charisma 1 is someone naturally antisocial perfectly capable of overcoming their natural tendencies by polishing up on their social skills through investing in social skills - not someone who's hideously unattractive or socially retarded.

They're someone who needs to work a little harder with a slightly higher skill rating to be as good as a more naturally charismatic person is with less skill and more natural talent.

Attributes represent what raw talent you bring to any given field, and having Charisma 1 just means you have very little raw social talent, relying instead on practice and experience with social skills, the same way that an Agility 1 or Reaction 1 person can get passably good at shooting or driving with enough practice and experience.

Attributes are your untrained talent, but they're only part of the equation, and that means having a low score can't - and won't - completely define you.
>>
>>50459738
>You're right, that would require an easy (which CRB codifies as threshold 1) Etiquette test. The vast majority of people don't have to roll because they can buy a hit, including your combat autist if they have 4+ dice in Etiquette.
The vast majority of people have 3 dice in Etiquette.
3 is the average of human charisma. Most people aren't going to have a point in etiquette, because they don't have to worry about a security guard thinking they're going to rob a place the moment they walk into a fucking building, BECAUSE THAT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS UNLESS YOU PRESENT YOURSELF AS AN ACTIVE SECURITY THREAT

A guy walking into a building isn't a security threat.
A guy with a cyberarm/leg/skull/whatever walking into a building isn't a security threat.
A guy with a holstered gun and a license for it isn't a security threat.
A guy with a DRAWN WEAPON is a security threat, and will probably be asked once to holster his weapon, and then drawn on if he doesn't comply.

There is no reason besides "I want to fuck with my players" to have a security guard try to arrest someone fitting any of the for 3 scenarios for walking into a Stuffer Shack to buy a burger.

You're going beyond full retard if you think that would happen in any scenario that isn't being run by your mongoloid ass.
>>
>>50460250
Take a specialty in 'situations where this shit isn't even supposed to be rolled,' to explain to literal real life autists how your character is able to function in normal daily life.
>>
>>50460377
I haven't seen hit with the ugly stick as a quality anywhere(other than metatype:troll), so they'd struggle to do that.And it's not like I won't dump a stat if I'm not going to use it, I wouldn't buy up Agi or Str if I'm going full cyber as you arguably never use those stats. And it makes sense to me, of course without their cyber limbs this character has no str or agi, they don't have any limbs! And I have toyed with a Cha 1 build, idea as a geriatric Cybertroll pulled out of retirement as he'd outlived his savings. But I deliberately gave him Cha 1 as he's supposed to be a grumpy old fuck who doesn't care what anyone thinks and has had it with their shit.
>>
>>50460377
Well fuck, you called it. >>50460428
>>
>>50454614
>It leaves you with next to no contacts unless you bleed precious starting karma for it and would render some form of socially retarded fuck. At some point during the game, you're going to have to talk to people for something even if it is just a stuffer shack clerk. You can't get through life without dealing with people so you're essentially condemning the rest of the party to being your carers and eventually they'll get tired of you.

That's basically Is0 from SR:HK, and she's doing just fine. Well, for a certain definition of fine. Manageable.
>>
>>50460549
And everyone thinks she's a cunt. You don't want people to think you're cunt do you?
>>
>>50459738
>You're right, that would require an easy (which CRB codifies as threshold 1) Etiquette test
Nope. Unless you're actively trying to start shit with weapons drawn and imperatives to fill your credstick to max, Stuffer Shack employees shrug and dgaf at weirder things than the occasional street samurai with low social coordination.

>The vast majority of people don't have to roll because they can buy a hit
Literally nothing in the book says this. The rules in your head are not official, chummer.

>>50460325
>previously, on Things That Never Happened
>>
>>50460549
>>50460602
It's also Glory from Dragonfall. Those are the two characters - in the vidya - who have the equivalent of Charisma 1. They're represented in very different ways, but both are naturally antisocial, and have to use effort and skill to overcome that - if at all.
>>
>>50460325
>I think we established that log 1 characters are 'barely able to function in society'
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1479737933308.jpg (61KB, 466x473px) Image search: [Google]
1479737933308.jpg
61KB, 466x473px
>>
>>50460633
Actually Glory probably has a decent charisma considering she's a black magician, she's an example of the negative quality Cyberpsychosis.
>>
>>50460681
>Actually Glory probably has a decent charisma considering she's a black magician, she's an example of the negative quality Cyberpsychosis.
Nah. There's no real mechanical representation of it in the tabletop, but in the same way that you can lose Strength over time by not exercising, Glory almost certainly has less Charisma now than she did back when she was a successful cultist.

Having your self-confidence and self-worth shattered has a way of doing that to you.

The cyberware probably didn't help.
>>
File: file.png (280KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
280KB, 800x450px
>>50460633
>Charisma 2
>>
>>50460755
The vidyas aren't on the same kind of scale as the tabletop. The tabletop's version of Charisma 1 would be well-represented by Glory's behavior and dialogue, regardless of what her video game stats are.
>>
File: Former-Wage-Mage-SR1.jpg (97KB, 736x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Former-Wage-Mage-SR1.jpg
97KB, 736x1440px
So. According to the fluff over the years, corporations find mages an understandably invaluable asset. The aggressiveness of corporate scouting tactics are practically used in-universe as a justification for why Shadowrunners run into such a small fraction of the population at such a disproportionate rate: we know that it's almost impossible to live publicly as a mage without corporations trying to acquire you (via extraction, if necessary), so most mages who want to live on their own terms go off the grids and inevitably end up in the shadows.

We also know that corporations are willing to put up with a lot more shit from their mage employees than their average wageslaves, if only because keeping them placated keeps them under the corporate thumb.

But how does a corporation react if a mage decides they want to leave? There's so many "ex-wage mages" in the shadows who allegedly got fed up with their corporate masters and split, but they seem like the one type of employee on the same level as high level researchers on the "find-them-and-get-their-ass-back-here" scale. Presumably a Renraku or an Aztechnology isn't going to let one of their most hotly contested assets walk out the door or retire, so shouldn't almost every ex-wage mage runner have the Wanted quality? Shouldn't the parent corporation be using biological samples to track you down with ritual magic near constantly?
>>
>>50460681
Was she definitely a black magician, or just mentored by a corrupted spirit servant of The Adversary?
>>
>>50460755
And Logic of 0 because she doesn't have it. Those stats aren't really comparable, particularly as they don't really reflect her backstory.
>>
>>50460811
She joined a cult that worshipped the Adversary mentor spirit, and seemed to be pretty degenerate, I'd say yeah she'd be a black magician if you were to build her in 5e. Of course can't really be 100% certain as her magical ability is backstory only.
>>
>>50460833
I mean it'd be LOG of 3 because logic and intuition are based on the same stat from earlier editions
>>
Asked this question elsewhere and didn't get a solid answer, so I'll ask it here:
What's with the Ares KN-Y0 series in R5? It's a Huge drone with a statblock far worse than a Steel Lynx, a far higher availability (10R vs 20F), and nearly 10x the cost. Or am I just missing something?
>>
In the game we're running right now, the BBEG just manifested to laugh at us and the party's mage burnt zapped him with a manabolt at the highest possible force because he says mana spells can target astral forms

Everyone is arguing, does /srg/ know the rules on if this is allowed
>>
>>50460947
What about the statblock is far worse? It has 18 armor and a great Pilot. It handles for shit, but it's not really the kind of drone to give a damn. Also, it's more of an opposition statblock than something you shop for.
>>
>>50460947
Genuinely stupid Body
>>
>>50461117
* Genuinely stupid armor, pdf has a misprint
>>
>>50461069
Unless the party's mage was astrally projecting himself or is Dual-Natured, then no his attack does nothing against the Manifestation of the BBEG's Astral Form.
>>
What does /tg/ prefer for 5th ed: building characters with priority or karma?
>>
>>50461069
>In the game we're running right now, the BBEG just manifested to laugh at us and the party's mage burnt zapped him with a manabolt at the highest possible force because he says mana spells can target astral forms
Manabolt doesn't add its Force to damage; it's just net hits. At best, he's probably just going to tickle the guy.

That said, yes, as long as he was Astrally Perceiving at the time, he could totally nail the guy.
>>
>>50461115
It has the same BOD rating, worse Handling, Speed, Acceleration. Only slightly better armor, which can be improved on the Steel Lynx trivially. The only real value over it is a higher Pilot rating, which can also be upgraded.

>>50461117
I think both the BOD and the armor are too low. Upping the BOD to a minimum of 8, maybe up to 10 or even 12, would actually make it a mini-tank, as it's called.
>>
>>50461175
you should probably not be buying a tank drone if you're looking for the stats you use in a car chase.
>>
>>50460947
They're intended for OPFOR, they're not really supposed to be player kit unless you loot one.
>>
File: sides.gif (1004KB, 255x174px) Image search: [Google]
sides.gif
1004KB, 255x174px
>>50460036
>Charisma 1, Etiquette 1, Specialty 2
I'd gladly let this character buy a success, it's just rare to see people skilling up things tied to their dump stat. I've legitimately never seen a character sheet with a specialty in a tanked skill like that.

>>50460250
pic related
>>
>>50461175
It's half again the armor from the Lynx. Six dice isn't "slightly" in like, any situation in SR.
>>
>>50461158
I prefer Priority, but I've seen some cheesed out shit with Karma.
>>
>>50460883
That did happen, but it wasn't where her powers originated, and there were years separating being outcast by her parents and welcome into Harrow's cult, which make me think it's not really her tradition unless you drag her through that mission for the darker ending.
>>
>>50460436
>The vast majority of people have 3 dice in Etiquette.
>3 is the average of human charisma. Most people aren't going to have a point in etiquette, because they don't have to worry about a security guard thinking they're going to rob a place the moment they walk into a fucking building,

Your shadowrunner has a point in Etiquette to do that, whereas Jane Wageslave has a point because she spends all day immersed in corporate culture. She probably even has a spec in it. That leaves her with 4 dice and 6 at work, which I think is pretty realistic for something she does all the time.
>>
>>50461197
I always do. Unless I want my character to be thoroughly incompetent in something, I always balance out my dump stats with some skill points.

Someone with Charisma 1 and Etiquette 0 is another thing entirely from someone with Charisma 1 and a few points in Etiquette.
>>
>>50461324
>Rating 0 - Untrained
>Rating 1 - Beginner
>Rating 2 - Novice
>Rating 3 - Competent
>Rating 4 - Proficient
>Rating 5 - Skilled
>Rating 6 - Professional
I'd actually expect Charisma 3, Etiquette 3, and Specialty (Corporate), based on the fluff descriptions of what different skill ratings represent.

By the same token, someone who has Charisma 1 but is Competent in Etiquette will be tossing around 4 dice (enough to buy 1 hit), or 6 if they have a relevant specialty.
>>
>>50460422
No idea, but I can give you a few tips:

Cyber-sams tend to favor obvious cyberarms and wired reflexes. Have a good initiative (3 dice is acceptable for a sammy), be able to kill people very efficiently (should be oneshotting goons out of chargen), have good options for nonlethal takedowns, defense pool over 10, soak pool 20 or higher.

As far as spells go, the mind-control ones are considered pretty OP. Invisibility and stunball are also considered good.

For skill diepools:
>5 or less: Very bad, you are likely to glitch or crit-glitch. Avoid using this skill unless absolutely necessary.
>6: You might be able to fake it while spending edge, but otherwise don't rely on it.
>9: A secondary skill. You could do it, but don't expect many hits under pressure.
>12: You're good enough to handle the task when the specialist is absent. Also high enough to be reliable with grenades.
>15: Your character's focus (such as a sammy's weapon skill) should be this or higher. It sounds like overkill in chargen, but during play there are a lot of penalties to deal with.
>20: Getting into overkill territory. Think about what you're giving up to have a skill this high at chargen and whether it's really worth it.

For gear? Ehhhh, that's a lot more than I'm willing to type out. The basics are surprisingly cheap, but there is a lot of gear that is nice to have. For some important things that people forget? Keep a large bag, perhaps a duffel bag full of gear. Have a large ratty towel on hand to wipe off all the blood and grime. Keep a change of (armored) clothing in a ziploc so it won't get wet or bloody. Have a faraday-cage bag if your GM lets you have one (they're really cheap IRL, and block out matrix by the lore), to store shit like commlinks and stolen items that aren't in use. Have weapons and armor that are appropriate for different occasions (normal life, johnson meets, quiet runs, loud runs). And for Grod's sake put your guns on slings so you don't keep dropping them.
>>
>>50461158
>>50461210
A sample size of 1 isn't much to work with, chummers. So do you guys prefer priority or karma? If its not too much please give any reason why.
>>
>>50460941
I was simply pointing the values don't directly equate, why is everyone so literal in this thread.
>>
>>50461399
This thread has been straight up autism for at least 200 posts.
>>
>>50461358
this is kinda where we get into one of the awkward parts of SR's skill system, which is that most skills are things that the average person isn't expected to know anything about, and couldn't attempt even basic tasks within, while other skills are things that require little to no training to perform everyday tasks in, but can be trained in order to reach some sort of higher ability for other reasons. So it's not going to be clear whether "competent" referring to Etiquette is talking about somebody who's generally okay at Etiquette (in which case anybody is expected by the system to have 2 or 3 ranks in it, and it's a tax) or somebody with a specific professional expertise in Etiquette (in which case it should be a pretty trivial skill in most cases).
>>
>>50461365
Saved all this info. Thanks, anon.

I'm not a clever man when it comes to avoiding all the big brother tech stuff so I did some research and so far I figure you would want things that scan for RFID chips and erase them, gloves, something that covers your face, something that covers your eyes, and even then to be friends with a hacker who can link the biological stuff you leave behind to someone else.
>>
>>50460602
>And everyone thinks she's a cunt. You don't want people to think you're cunt do you?

I damn well can see a person roleplaying a character who's being seen as a cunt because of crippling social anxiety or whatever. It's still a viable and realistic character that's not going to get a few more holes for trying to buy a burger. In fact in my experience people are willing to overlook pretty severe cases of being a cunt if you are also a paying customer or a valuable asset.
>>
>>50461378

Priority is way faster, and forces some hard high-level tradeoffs off the bat, which removes a bit of the cheese potential
>>
>>50461522
>scan for RFID
Yeah, that basically means a bug scanner, tag eraser, and/or a friendly decker. The thing that keeps me up at night is tracker rounds with security tags in them, and I think hacking can deal with those?

As for tech stuff, you mainly want to turn off your wireless unless you need it. For example, you do not need wireless grenades. Or you can have a very good decker friend who can keep your wireless shit safe while you suckle the warm electric milk of the matrix.

Having rating 1 burner commlinks is advisable when dealing with people you don't trust, so you can keep it off most of the time and dispose of it without any problems. Kind of like a real criminal. In addition, a micro-transceiver I believe is basically a radio and does not even touch the matrix, making it nice for securely chatting during missions.

Biological evidence shouldn't matter that much because runners are SINless. Unless your GM goes pretty black trenchcoat and has corps and shit hold onto your blood and use it for rituals or something of the sort. In any case you should be keeping yourself pretty well covered and mixing up your clothing, if for no reason other than making it hard for them to build a profile on you.

It's not so much a big brother situation. More like you're in a neighborhood full of moderately-sized brothers who all hate each other, are intensely territorial toward each other but not you, and refuse to communicate or work together. Shadowrunners owe their existence in large part to the fact that the world is too fractured, lawless, balkanized, corrupt, and just plain messy for authorities to cooperate in stopping crime. Once you realize that, it starts making sense how runners can make a living.
>>
So, a lot of people get knocked out on a run.

Do you think you could get a decent payday getting fingerprint, eye, and blood scans from all the koed guards?
>>
>>50463283
That will really depend on whether the place they work use such recognition methods; or if they are SIN + "RFID-with-correct-ID-code-hidden-in-gear" based.
>>
>>50461365
That's super overkill. You have unfairly high standards. Here's the actual way it works:

>less than 4 - don't even bother rooming unless you have a positive modifier, because you're shit at this
>4 - basic competency, you can buy a hit if you need to
>8 - a secondary ability, you can reliably get 2+ hits while rolling, or buy 2 hits, meaning you're good enough to handle the majority of challenges in that field
>12 - this is the baseline for a primary specialty; as long as the samurai has 12+ dice for shooting, the mage has 12+ dice for Wizarding, the rigger has 12+ dice for driving, and so forth, they're functional at their primary roles
>16 - you're well and properly good - exceptional even - and can reliably kick out some exceptional results; a decent GM probably won't even bother making you roll anything below a Threshold 3 anymore, because your just don't statistically fail anymore
>20 - you're probably pushing your dice pools too far at this point unless you're an adept with a weapon focus; getting this dice pool this high probably made you significantly deficient in other areas
>24+ - shit, what the fuck are you doing? just stop, holy fuck

It's really easy to get 12+, and not hard to get 16. For example, a Street Samurai with 5 Agility, Automatics 6, Specialty 2, and an implanted Smartlink is going to be enjoying a shooting dice pool of 15 - and that's with the most basic, standard piece of 'ware and a normal skill and attribute investment. With Muscle Toner 1-4, that becomes 16-19.

Easy.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>50463862
>>50463862
>>
>>50461479
No, that's wrong. 4e assumed you were untrained by default. 5e does not. You should assume someone has 3 ranks in any skill worse competency benefits their career (like Etiquette for a character in a social environment) and a 6 in their primary professional skill - because skills go to 12+ now, and 6 is just 'enough for it to reliably be your profession.'

So, for example, an officer wageslave who writes software for a living? They have Computer 6 for the programming and Etiquette 3 for the office politics. A medical doctor might have Medicine 6, First Aid 6, and Leadership 3 for managing his staff and having a good bedside manner.

Rating 0 is what someone has just from watching TV/movies. It's how well you average person is able to fight after watching a kung fu flick, or do chemistry after watching Breaking Bad. It's a thorough lack of actual skill, but enough cultural awareness to at least attempt skills which can be used untrained.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.