[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lawful Good Society, oxymoron?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: drow.jpg (541KB, 864x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drow.jpg
541KB, 864x1080px
How can a Lawful Good society exist? It doesn't make any sense. Everyone would starve whilst trying to feed those less fortunate than themselves and even if they somehow made it through that there would be absolutely no social mobility as people would live long lives and those below them couldnt do a thing to get rid of them!

Even if such a society could somehow exist there would be no motivation for advancement or innovation, since you would first have to prove your idea is safe and helpful! They also wouldn't be able to steal good ideas or resources from others meaning they would be stuck with substandard infrastructure and resources.

I think its fairly clear that fantasy fiction and games depicting surface races like humans as having lawful good societies are simply unrealistic and nonsensical.
>>
>>50430331
This reads like bait, but I'll bite before I go to bed.

As with almost any society not magically maintained or populated by monsters with monster logic, the majority of its people are neutral and just trying to live their lives. They may espouse one or two of their society's ideals that appeal to them personally, but not all of them and not all the time.
>>
File: disillusioned Jon.png (45KB, 133x128px) Image search: [Google]
disillusioned Jon.png
45KB, 133x128px
>>50430331
The whole idea of an entire society conforming to one moral alignment is inherently flawed because it forgets that the citizens are individual people with individual thoughts and beliefs. There is no way to make an entire population be of one moral persuasion because people have the ability to think for themselves. Ergo, any given society is a mix of all alignments.

inb4 someone says people don't think for themselves (no one cares how enlightened you are you arrogant faggot)
>>
>>50430415
>>50430467
I was more making fun of people who can't concieve of a chaotic evil society.
>>
>>50430514
But that's not hard, CE societies exist.
>>
Just because they LG doesnt mean they are retarded. They would try and help people but only within their own means to. They follow laws and who says they need to steal ideas or resources, you can buy such things.

Use some common sense. Majority of the western world lives in LG societies
>>
>>50430331
Don't you get it ? All those supposed LG surface societies are a conspiracy by the matriarchs to put people in line.
>>
>>50432115
I knew it, this confirms everything. The supposed "good" alignments are a plot by the matriarchy to stop masculinists from achieving superior rights.
>>
>>50430331
Lawful good societies would be based heavily on both authority and fairness, in which inequality does not exist and everyone gets along with each other,in other words communism.
Since communism doesn't work outside of a post scarcity system this will mean that the Paladins of the society will be going around forcibly redistributing resources (all in the name of fairness, of course). Some Paladins would oppose this but since they are 'obviously' opposed to the 'fair' system and would thus need to be removed by the Paladins who are loyal to the order.
If people rise up against the system the Paladins would have to put them down for their crimes of opposing the fairness of the system.
There will be no king, queen, or lords, only the Paladins who maintain and oversee the system, and because they are 'obviously' paragons of virtue completely immune to corruption they would never abuse the system.
>>
>>50430532
Can you name a few?
>>
>>50432340
A Lawful Good system would be a Republic, where the law not only protects people from the excesses of each other, but also from the excesses of the government itself.

A Chaotic Evil society would be a democracy where mob rule is law, and everyone bands together to take advantage of those they can convince the mob is a good target (or at least convince them that they themselves are not).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.