[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best system for playing your typical shonen style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Super-saiyan-140071.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Super-saiyan-140071.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
What's the best system for playing your typical shonen style story?

Overpowered transformations, Huge ridiculously named custom attacks, so on and so forth.
>>
OVA
>>
>>50429769
Anima, though I can't remember if that has transformations.
>>
>>50430129

What's OVA like? I've never heard of it.
>>
I would certainly want a system with stunts and hero/luck/fate points. Improvising and pulling a win out of your ass are important. I also like systems where you can easily refluff things, so that one man's Flying Crimson Crane Kick is another's Leaping Gorilla Slam. Customized effect-based mechanics. OK, I'd just use Mutants and Masterminds. At least I didn't say GURPS.
>>
>>50430217
D6 pools
Point buy character creation
you really can make any type of character if using the rules right

but... you and your players need focus in what kind of game are they playing, power gamer will easily have the best powers on session 1
>>
>>50429769
Wild Talents
>>
>>50429769
Strike!
>>
Exalted
>>
>>50430400
came here to say this.
Wild talents lets you create your own powers, and does not care if it's unbalanced or not that's up to the GM. So you can have Overpowered transformations and custom attacks with ridiculous names very well with that system.
Here it is, if you wanna take a look: https://obscuredfiles.com/?file=tH18wcBP
>>
Depending on what you prioritise, Anima beyond Fantasy, Legends of the Wulin or Valor.

Anima is a crunchy but fun ridiculously high fantasy system where you can make almost any sort of power work. It has balance issues and can be a bit clunky in places, but it's fun.

Legends of the Wulin isn't for everyone and suffers from an awfully edited core book, but it has the best combat system in any RPG I've ever played. The mechanics also let you represent almost any superpower as a functional fighting style and after you smooth out the wrinkles in the system it works really well.

Valor is a bit of a wildcard, it's sorta like if Mutants and Masterminds has been based on 4e instead of 3.5, stripping away even more of the D&D framework and giving you a lot of flexibility in how you build characters, including full rules for constructing Powers from various elements.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.