[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PACYOA General #124

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 371
Thread images: 87

File: 2.0.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
2.0.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Mission when? Edition

Hello and welcome to the Power Armor CYOA: Teamwork Edition General!
Post suit builds, discuss fluff, and talk about dedgaem.

Rizon IRC Channels:
#ACHQ for general discussion and banter.
#PACYOA is slightly dead.
#suits_roleplay is up in the air.
#/suits/ was a thing at some point.

Someone else make this thread next time.

Some relevant links:

Blackmarket, Mission Rewards and Fusion Weapons: http://imgur.com/a/u5HYv

Setting and Lore dump, along with a slightly outdated rundown of the game: http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/PACYOA:TE_Lore_General

http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/PACYOA_Teamwork_Edition

Old threads and Missions archive, now updated courtesy of Eisenstein: http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Thread_History
>>
File: Factions.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Factions.pdf
1B, 486x500px
How to make a wiki page
http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot_Page_Format_(TE)
1) Go to the above URL.
2) Click on the dropdown box next to the "Edit button"
3) Click on "Classic Editor"
4) Click on the tab that says "Source"
5) Copy all the text in the box
6) Leave the editor and click on any other page in the wiki.
7) Click on the contribute button
8) Click create a new page.
9) Enter a name for the page
10) Hit edit, then switch to the classic editor, and then click on the source tab
11) Paste the template and fill it out with your character information
>>
Galleries of Power Armor images for character creation

http://imgur.com/a/T5ALI#0
http://imgur.com/a/15yRR#0
http://imgur.com/a/MHmTp#0
http://imgur.com/a/RoluL#0
http://imgur.com/a/SdnQd#0
http://imgur.com/a/Tj41X#0
http://imgur.com/a/4TNwf#0
http://imgur.com/a/rfqhT#0
>>
WELL THEN.

We're still missing a few players to finish the mission. If they don't show up, we can continue without them, or just add new people instead.

Continuing with a smaller party will be a problem because the encounters were scaled to a team of six-eight people, so there might be some balance issues.

And just slapping new people in fucks with the continuity of the game.

Either way, if the players are up for it, we'll finish the game today. The decision is up to you guys.
>>
>>50423827
>And just slapping new people in fucks with the continuity of the game.
Its all just VR this time, right? It shouldn't be too hard to make up some excuse for new arrivals if we have slots open and people on standby.
>>
>>50423827
I may or may not be available, had work come up at the last second. Hopefully I'll be back in time for the start.
>>
File: 1457222866461.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457222866461.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>50423880

>that fucking Dom

But yes, we could make up a random excuse to have new people show up. It's just that I feel like it breaks the flow a bit.
>>
>>50424167
That looks very fire emblemesque. Sauce?
>>
>>50424241
Bubuki Buranki. Artist is the same.
>>
Jesus, I haven't seen this in a while
>>
I have some questions to anyone who can answer them.

1. Experimental #004 says that 1 power can recharge instantly, does that mean you can fire it twice or more per turn if you spend enough POW?

2. Can AP Ammo stack with Sidewinder to make a 4 AP weapon?

3. Why is no one going Hanse?
>>
https://youtu.be/YjvTy2u9qxE?list=PLIhkcIGY7AQRl_G1IOEAeYtH1mFh4vZ3X

>is there a body type for 80s af?
>>
>>50426896
People have been getting away with blimps and TIE fighters and shit, so sure, why not a car?
>>
>>50424241
>FE
>this

c'mon guys i thought we were better than this
>>
File: 1452319994407.jpg (361KB, 1059x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452319994407.jpg
361KB, 1059x1200px
>>50426896

>being anything but an 80s mecha

You can fluff your Suit as pretty much anything, dude. Go fucking nuts.

>>50427355

Hey, it's the same character designer as Awakening and Fates. There's no denying those two are the most famous ones.
>>
>>50427489
Pretty sure he's from No More Heroes too.
>>
File: smug cg megane tits.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smug cg megane tits.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>50427355

>>50427544
That is correct. He also did the last Ace Combat game. I like his style.
>>
>>50426800

>1. Experimental #004 says that 1 power can recharge instantly, does that mean you can fire it twice or more per turn if you spend enough POW?

I assume so, though that'd probably make it better than the Titan Laser

>2. Can AP Ammo stack with Sidewinder to make a 4 AP weapon?

Nope, AP can only go to the amount of damage a weapon can do, for 3 AP damage.

>3. Why is no one going Hanse?

we had a bunch of them a couple threads back.
>>
>>50423421
>Need at least 1 in characteristic
Welp, that kills my build.
>>
Rolled 43, 82 + 1 = 126 (2d100 + 1)

this is a test roll
>>
>Callsign
Golden Fang
>Class
Medium
>Features
Natural Weapon
>Type
Predator(190)
>Ai
Soldier(180)
>Interface
Nerve Suit(175)
>HUD
Advanced Suit Status(170)
Night Vision(160)
>Comms
Radio
FSOT(150)
Defence Maze(140)
>Defence
Parry Shield(Light+Light)(130)
Tesla Collider(EMP+EMP)(110)
>Weapon
Plasma Rifle(90)
Impact Knuckles(80)
>Upgrades
EC II(70)
Cyber Brain(60)
Martial Arts(55)
Veteran Soul(50)
Kinetic Stabilizer(40)
Armor Plating(30)
Subarmor Piston(20)
Uplift(10)
Jump Pack(0)
>Faction
Phoenix Collective Lynx
>Stat
Dex 4
Dur 4
Pow 4
Rec 4
Spd 6
Str 5
>>
>>50429297
Impact Knuckles + Parry Shield = Kinetic Reversal Fist
>>
>>50428153
You could always go Puppet and use the extra points to make it happen. Don't let your memes be dreams anon.
>>
1. If a suit with 10 base DUR with harden up (for 20 DUR +shield) hit by a flamer (for -1 dur) have 18 or 19 DUR?

2. Does a Dragon-type suit do 9 damage with Wyvern's Breath?

3. Does a suit have to roll a D6 to see if they block damage from an explosion they create (ie with heavy bomb generator)?
>>
>>50430299
1. 19 and the harden shield is reduced first.

2. that one I do not know I think it does.

3. If it's in/on the weapon then no. Near then possibly.
>>
>>50427568
You better be talking about Infinity or 6 cause if he did Assault Horizon then he is shit.
>>
>>50427489
If only it wasn't so ;_;
>>
File: 35.jpg (280KB, 1024x963px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
280KB, 1024x963px
>Callsign
Patriot
>Class
Medium
>Features
None
>Type
Biped
>Ai
Soldier (190)
>Interface
Nerve Suit (185)
>HUD
Advanced Suit Status (180)
Night Vision (170)
>Comms
Terminal (160)
Defence Maze (150)
>Defenses
Nullification Field (125)
Flak Armor (105)
Light shield (100)
>Upgrades
Armour plating (90)
Collapsible (85)
Repair Gel (75)
Jump Jets (65)
Capacitor I (55)
>Weapons
Power fists (40)
Plasma Rifle (20)
Rocket Pods (0)
>>
File: Ace_Combat_Assault_Horizon_003.jpg (1MB, 2000x1419px) Image search: [Google]
Ace_Combat_Assault_Horizon_003.jpg
1MB, 2000x1419px
>>50430759
>M8
>>
Uh, rookie here. I guess I post a build? Faction undecided.

Callsign: Trespasser
Nationality: German
Faction: Currently none.

Class
Mesh Class (Improved Stealth, Assassinate, Hyper Sweep)
Body Type
Hybrid: Drider/Hunter (Thermal, Radar,Night Vision, Adhesion, Tremorsense, Spinner)
User Interface
Nerve Suit
HUD
Suit Status, Advanced Suit Status, Hawkeye
Comms
Radio Transmitter
Weapons
Plasma Bow, Particle Edge Blade, Laser Rifle
Upgrades
Environmental Controls I, Capacitor I & Capacitor II, Storage, Multi Sensor, Lockpick Countermeasures, Sub-armor pistons
Nanites
Mycelium, Hydra

Primarily equipped for reconnaissance, infiltration, and elimination of soft targets, Trespasser has only recently emerged onto the PA scene in the wake of the Bright Offensive. While his work to date has been as an independent contractor, Trespasser has been discussing joining the Armor Corps with its recruiters.
>>
When playing a /qst/, is it better to have an all around suit or to specialize in one particular stat? Because when i look at the stats of some armor, they really specialize in one stat only
>>
File: flares6.jpg (9KB, 200x268px) Image search: [Google]
flares6.jpg
9KB, 200x268px
Can we have some kind of flare-gun item? Above and beyond whatever illumination a flare might provide colored flares would be invaluable as signaling devices (especially to suits who've turned off their radios so they don't get haxored).

>It would also give me more opportunities to make breakfast club jokes
>>
>>50433040
It kind of depends on the stat. A good number of the builds posted in thread are hammy go-fast builds as opposed to power-gamer stomp machines.
>>
>>50433040
It really varies with certain types being more popular at times than others.
>>
>>50432706
How about a Hanse Assassin? Bonuses to take down soft targets with higher Dexy and Damage over Time. They're also Germany based, so there's that.
>>
>>50434029
That might be neat. Is faction stuff usually an issue when doing missions/qst-ing?
And can I just add this character to the wiki?
>>
File: thelastpaladinbydanluvisart.jpg (905KB, 1100x1712px) Image search: [Google]
thelastpaladinbydanluvisart.jpg
905KB, 1100x1712px
>>50434327
Many missions are restricted to pilots from certain faction(s)

go ahead and add your dude to the wiki
>>
>>50434367
This is false.
>>
>>50434577
Is it? I felt pretty sure at least a couple of the missions I was on were restricted, has it changed? Has it not changed and I'm just totally wrong?
>>
File: 1479748147792.gif (86KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479748147792.gif
86KB, 480x270px
>>50434650
"A couple" is not "many".
Factions don't matter for the vast majority of missions.
>>
>>50434650
I believe the only faction-specific missions were the Resurgence/Crime & Punishment duo.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>50434367
>>50434650
>Many missions are restricted to pilots from certain faction(s)
> I felt pretty sure at least a couple of the missions I was on were restricted
pic related

>>50434697
>Even those allowed exceptions buns because GI cannot into tech.
>TE enjoys near 100% mission allowance.

Feels good desu
>>
File: tumblr_lw1dcm91mo1r1si4po1_500.jpg (179KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lw1dcm91mo1r1si4po1_500.jpg
179KB, 500x562px
1. How does your suit protect you from 1-shot melee Assassination?

Clownfish tries to blow up/set everything nearby on fire.

Wing Jaeger uses stealth to avoid detection and has radar, Sonar, BIS/Hypersweep to try and detect enemy mesh before they can get close enough.

Aerion has some sensors but mostly he hopes somebody else on the team has enough detect to protect him from the unrighteous.

Keiser uses a combination of smarm and ensuring he's never the highest priority target.

2. How many points of your suit build are there solely for the fluff/RP?

3. How are you using spinners?

4. Is Clownfish the only one who decided "I don't really NEED spotlights or nightvision if I've got a flamethrower do I?"

5. Anybody else with a Moq face-tank interested in forming a fluff-only subfaction?

>>50434694
>>50434697
Apologies.

>If missions are equal opportunity how is my Phoenix pilot going to develop a martyr complex?
>>
File: ivory flash.jpg (57KB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
ivory flash.jpg
57KB, 200x210px
>>50434975
>Phoenix Collective
>Caring about anything but spoils of war
Shit son, learn to merc
>>
>>50434975
>1. How does your suit protect you from 1-shot melee Assassination?

AP can't be guarded unless PBed, and since Assassination can't be logically PB you can't. 15 dam mesh builds are OP in my thoughts.
>>
File: 1424815113915.jpg (90KB, 283x325px) Image search: [Google]
1424815113915.jpg
90KB, 283x325px
>>50435176
Nonsense.

Mesh assassin players have to deal with the fact that:
A: TA suits have 30 HP (though I suspect this may vary depending on GM)
B: You only get one attack from stealth that ignores DUR etc and it could miss even if you stack melee to-hit bonuses. (in fact if you play the pilot regularly your almost guaranteed to miss at some point.)
C: once you've blown your wad it'll be 30 seconds before you can cloak again. If there are any other TA suits in the area or you didn't drop your target you'll have to super-runaway or face a slugging match meshes are least predisposed towards.
D: you can't really melee assassinate anything allied fortresses are shooting.

TA melee assassins have things quite a bit better however:
1. TA pilots not having much left in the way of impulse control its a rare TA pilot that can actually engage in that kind of skulking.
>In crunch terms GMs will (or so I've been told) avoid having a PC killed outright by a single attack without allowing some kind of roll)
2: Properly equipped your suit has a chance to warn you in time to foil a melee assassination attempt.
3: hardlight can be used to create decoys which enemy TAs might blow their chance on instead of you (though hardlight projectors seem like their utility can vary widely from GM to GM)
4: speed-stacking go-fast stig builds should have a fair degree of immunity as a TA suit will be extremely hard pressed to close with them.
5. Basically what I'm saying is that if you look past pure stats there are ways to counter them (GM-willing)

>Disclaimer: any or all of what I just said may be complete bullshit take with grain of salt
>>
Does "Duck it" work for stat Debuffs?
>>
File: power_armor_by_progv-d7tnew7.jpg (99KB, 1076x743px) Image search: [Google]
power_armor_by_progv-d7tnew7.jpg
99KB, 1076x743px
>>50437277
I am unsure what you are referring too.
>>
>>50431724
Hey that's fyhlen
>>
>>50438317
I still don't know if that's pronounced "Fihlen" or "Fuhlen"
>>
>>50438317
didnt know the section 8 suit was already claimed for looks
>>
File: 309787_1273572312_large.jpg (297KB, 797x1058px) Image search: [Google]
309787_1273572312_large.jpg
297KB, 797x1058px
>>50438558
http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Fyhlen

Try this suit instead.
>>
>>50438633
probably should have checked the wiki
callsign patriot is already taken too
>>
>>50436940

I was talking about player suits desu.
It's not fun getting an anal probe with a pile driver.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 323x156px
Let's get some fluff rolling in here.

1. How do you picture the layout and general feel of your faction's headquarters? If you don'y have a faction, just describe Armored Corp HQ in New Zealand.

2. What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions? Are they a maintenance engineer? Doctor? Guard? Just some dolt that's laying about?
>>
Explain to me the current story of PACYOA, since the Wiki is greatly outdated to my knowledge.
>>
>>50441727
Prompts like this are great.

Kind of torn on whether or not a middle eastern fortress like Margat or Kerak would be fitting (for the sheer fuck yeah value), or a more mundane, functional building complex. Probably the later. Would probably not be very much in use most of the time, since most of the suiters would be out and about or staying over in more problem-prone areas. Presumably there would be a handful of intel suiters keeping tabs over the Internet, and news sources, outgoing emergency supplies, and the occasional training. Could imagine a bunch of bunks and maybe a sickbay / medical wing. The place would presumably be very quiet most of the time, overall.

>What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions? Are they a maintenance engineer? Doctor? Guard? Just some dolt that's laying about?
Dolt laying around x1000. Flying around and sightseeing would get old. Would be doing nothing but blasting shitty music no one else likes, harassing other members, and acting up injuries to try and garner sympathy from his suit AI.
>>
File: Heaven's_Base.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Heaven's_Base.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>50441727
I always pictured AC HQ as being 90% underground with the surface structures all being obviously military reinforced concrete types. Lots of airfields connecting to massive hanger complexes with elevators going far underground.

Around this central complex it sprawls for miles and miles with defensive, sensor, communications and other structures occasionally peeking out of the New Zealandian LotR-esque looking landscape. In addition to the main complex there are firing ranges and smaller out-complexes etc

>ie a higher tech Middle-Earth Camp Pendleton
>>
>>50442046
>>50441727

I believe that there are more than just suits in the complexes. Since Earth was mostydestoryed during the apocalypse, I like to think that there are survivors, crewmen, engineers, and even families living inside, each serving a purpose to try to rebuild their lost world.
>>
File: Bloc_Quad_zps3c9892c8.jpg (111KB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
Bloc_Quad_zps3c9892c8.jpg
111KB, 800x741px
>>50442046
I concur. I envisioned >>50442140
as a small more-or-less self-contained city with hydroponics bays and desalinization plants, schools, residential areas, theaters, jails, etc.

Plus I'd imagine that once people have learned of it they'll kill to relocate within AC HQs [secured area] (there's a specific term I want to use but I cant remember what it is)
>>
File: Fbkgpis.jpg (75KB, 991x423px) Image search: [Google]
Fbkgpis.jpg
75KB, 991x423px
>>50441727
>How do you picture the layout and general feel of your faction's headquarters?
I feel like Hanse Behörde has a very 'clinically clean' sort of feel, a professional air to it that is nothing short of a facade for the innumerable mental health problems that all of the pilots have. For instance: The canteen may have rugs, booths, classical music, and an all-you-can-eat buffet with caviar and red wine as appetizers. But there is also an incredible amount of booze, the medical centers in the HB Headquarters and bases are almost always full of pilots wanting one medication or another. Combat sims run almost 24/7 because it takes the pilot's minds off of things. There is also a large amount of legal drugs, hookers, etc, to help with the pilot's constant and unending stress. BUT all of this in an incredibly classy way. Your prostitute is 5-star or above, your cocaine could make a Colombian drug lord turn green with jealously, that kind of thing.

>What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions?
Drugs, combat sims, hiding away in his suit and generally staying away from everyone. He talks with his A.I. (Who still hasn't been uplifted, but he wants to for her. They have strange conversations). Oh and drinking, drinking ALOT.
>>
>>50441727
1.I Generally imagine it as a pretty big complex with various things, including some recreational things as well as important utility areas.

2.Relax, look into news of other things. I figure Pilots are just tasked with piloting as they'd want them to be at their best at about all times.
>>
>>50431977
absolute shit taste confirmed
>>
Somehow, I've never really believed in the whole GI having a single, permanent headquarters. I've always seen GI as scattered, with hidden Viet Cong like underground bases and training camps dotted throughout the world, connected through messengers and various communications systems. (Possibly even buried telegram lines in some cases).

The HQ, if any indeed exists, would be moved from place to place or from camp to camp periodically, in order to minimize risk of the proverbial head getting cut off.
>>
>>50443027
So... what you're saying is that GIs headquarters is in Laos?
>>
>>50443027
GI formed in Venezuela, South America, so their strongest presence still remains there, though they are confirmed to have military outposts in Mexico, Italy, Africa and Russia as well. I could see a group of them setting up in Indochina purely for the lulz.
>>
>>50433040
I wanted to go fast.

so i went fast

>>50434975
1. By going FAST
2. All of it. Because it's FAST.
3. Making other people SLOW, so I can go FAST.
4. Who cares, you gotta go FAST.
5. a huhwhanow

>>50439782
but

you gotta go FAST
>>
>>50442679
This and I kinda see it as this very, very clean, almost Fountainheadesque style building... But there's nothing around it for a couple miles except cannibalized buildings and ruins, and a massive array of fortifications in a huge radius around it.
>>
>>50443359
We seriously need a support group and some kind of 12 step program for our stig pilots
>>
>>50443636
>We seriously need a support group and some kind of 12 step program for our stig pilots
Fuck you, I am the wind.
>>
>>50443702
Its alright anon. We understand you feel threatened by this, but admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.
>>
>>50441727
Roist isn’t really allowed to have a lot of off time. The Templar Order was originally founded to protect pilgrims to the Holy Land and they’ve intentionally tried to spend much of their time returning to those roots. The Templar have taken upon themselves the defense of any settlement attempting to evacuate in the face of TA attack, any group of civilians likely to come under TA attack before reaching its destination, and other such situations so Roist spends most all of his time engaged in such tasks. Only when Moqaddas or their allies want the Templar’s heavy assault capabilities for missions of particular strategic importance are they recalled to Moq HQ.

Aside from engaging in combat operations and traveling to or from combat operations Roist spends most of the remaining time praying, exercising, cleaning Aerion, and washing his tabbard. His sole recreational activity is jamming with his band Deus Volt (they're all Moq pilots, they use Aerion as a combination stage/amp)
>they do a lot of AC/DC covers

>Are you a Moqaddas pilot with a suit geared towards front line slugging matches? Do you want to join a knightly order and get a snazzy tabbard? Contact Sir Roist von Silenen today, because DEUS VULT! (Christ-killers, cow-worshipers, rag-heads, and all other manner of idolatrous heathens welcome!)
>>
File: Clf-5tsVAAEXd0S.jpg (56KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
Clf-5tsVAAEXd0S.jpg
56KB, 960x600px
>>50443636
>12 step
>not 12 SPEED
>>
>>50442470
DMZ? FOB?
>>
Does a light gain the benefit of crossfire itself?

>>50444848
its the area of protection/control extending around a fortress/castle
>>
>>50444848
>>50445185

DMZ: De-militarized zone
AKA a neutral zone which has guns pointed at it from both sides.

FOB: Forward operating base.
Think of it as a gas station for military ops. Or the showers for a public pool.

I think the closest is the safe haven term which is the term for a designated zone to evacuate civs.
>>
>>50446068
Found it: Defense envelope
>>
Did Peacewalker survive Hidden Dagger? the last I remember he'd convinced every AT-AT to shoot at him and the building he was on collapsed.
>>
>>50441727

>1. How do you picture the layout and general feel of your faction's headquarters?

I feel like the TE base is a mix between a giant hive honeycomb structure, the underground raccoon building from the resident evil movie, and a little bit of SETA radar and military drone hangars.

2. What does your pilot do when not on the field in missions? Are they a maintenance engineer? Doctor? Guard? Just some dolt that's laying about?

Being Tommy is the director of TE now, he doesn't have much free time while in TE. You think they being the head scientist he would do more of the engineering science he loves. Well you would be wrong. It's paperwork, meetings, and otherwise dealing with everyone's problems all to continue to continue being the "leader" of a direct democracy that only means he has enough sway to move TE in a "general" direction. At least he gets first pick on the TE anime stream. He only picks gundam seed when he really feels like a monster.

I'm the faggot prince after all. : ^ )
>>
>Tommy is the director of TE now
[disgust]
>>
>>50447595
>Complaining about Tommy when Turtle was a leader. Heck he's still a public face no less.
>>
>>50447635
;_;
>>
>>50447635
Players just shouldn't be put in charge of factions unless people ask for it.
>>
>>50448625
Did someone say faction elections?
I think someone said faction elections.
>>
>>50423366
Wait, PACYOA is a thing again?
>>
I've made builds for this before, but I've not ever participated in any of these sort of almost RPG like things, though I am interested in maybe doing it, so I have a few questions:

1. How viable is a satellite-esque build? Like, could I just hide in space and take potshots at people like the coward I am?

2. Does siege mode work whilst in space?

3. Can I be useful whilst in space?

4. What stats would be good for a tanky space fortress?
>>
>>50449922
Space never
>>
>>50449957
Is being in space just useless across the board, or could I be useful in a counter/intelligence role? Like Soundwave, in the new shitty movies
>>
>>50449983
Space is straight up not an option
>>
>>50450166
But the cyoa implies multiple times that orbital combat is a thing that happens? Like with environmental controls III, flight, and the (OTG) tags under some weapons?

Is it not an option because it's not allowed, or just prohibitively difficult?
>>
>>50450384
M695 said no and that means you're shit out of luck
>>
>>50450432
Daww. That's unfortunate. I have no idea who that is, but I'll assume he's acting as a DM or something.

If I were to build a fortress mech, what should I be looking into?
>>
>>50450470
Firepower and drones obviously
>>
>>50450505
Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, but I'm new to all this, and I'm not really sure how the "meta" of this is working.

So if I were to make a fortress, I'd be relying mostly on drones? How good are fortress mechs, generally? I wouldn't be ending up in a shit situation would I?
>>
>>50449922
You could try and go maximum stealth fort, with Railguns and other OTG weapons. Overlod, all that stuff

>>50450384
>>50449983

It's... Kind of not an option since most alien forces are surrounding Earth and therefore control space. Anything that goes up gets blown up, but low atmosphere is still doable.
>>
>>50450542
Ah right. I was thinking just chilling out in L1 taking potshots and cunts with a railgun, but if I'm going to get hunted down by ayys that's probably not an option.

I was mostly just considering it as a way to put myself out of direct combat, whilst still allowing myself to interfere using OTG weapons and ECM and other computers shit. I'm guessing hiding from the ayys isn't really an option either?

Would any sort of mobile command thing be useful? Like relying communications, and hacking and stuff?
>>
>>50450589
An overlord body that floats around relaying messages and communications is certainly helpful. It could also serve as a highly mobile artillery platform.
>>
>>50450628
And transport. Especially if you take mount and all rec upgrades so you can operate your suit forever.
>>
Just drafting this up, tell me if I've made some hilariously stupid mistakes, that's bound to happen, because I'm an idiot.

Class: Fortress
Body Type: Overlord (190)
AI: Engineer (180)
UI: Brain Implant (160)
HUD: Advanced Suit Status (155), Hawkeye (150), Thermal (140), Radar (130)
Comms: Terminal (120), FSOT (110) Comm Buoy (100), Spider (95), Spyware (90), Defense Maze (80)
Weapons: Stinger Howitzer (60)
Drones: 2x Heavy, Autocannon (40), Scavenger (30)
Upgrades: Solar Panels (20), Photosynthetic Augment (10), Cyber Brain (0)

Kind of started to run out of points towards the end, but I think this should be fairly useful. If needs be, I can kill myself and just live in the mech forever.

Use the drones to cover me from attacks at closer range, and hit people at long range with the cannon, whilst using the scavenger drones to repair and rebuild drones.
>>
>>50450820
Looks pretty good. just a quick note, Forts get drones at 2x1,so you'd have 4 heavies and two machinists
>>
>>50450883
Yeah, I just wanted to point out how many I was buying, not how many I got.

So this is a functional build? I don't want to start playing and find that I'm a bloody burden on everyone else.
>>
>>50450820
Cyberbrain and Brain Implant are unneeded unless you're going for the Starcraft Raven drone feel
>>
>>50451082
I mostly got it just to avoid dying. And I play a lot of RTSes, I know how difficult it can get controlling multiple units all at once. I imagine it'd be even more difficult to do it whilst under fire. I'd think using a brain implant would kind of help with that, a bit.
>>
>>50448625
>>50448676

Being a Leader of faction was basically being the most active player of the faction and asking fool in the past to be said leader.

Guess who was the most active in TE.

Elections would be fine though, the issue is though is that for TE it would be pretty much LT, Ivan, and maybe the new guys.

>>50450820

Floating carriers are always amusing.
>>
File: 1472757993769.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472757993769.gif
1MB, 500x281px
The only people who should be in charge of anything bigger than a team or mission should be the GMs or maybe retired players.
>>
>>50450532
As concerns the "meta" most fortresses (in my experience) break down into three categories.

A: Drone armada carriers: for most ppl an airstorm drone costs 10 points including the cost of weapons which would cost 15-20 points if mounted directly onto your suit. Add to that the fact that fortresses get two for the price of one and airstorms become even more phenomenally efficient in terms og gun-per-point.

there are drawbacks however. 1: they can only mount T1-T2 weaponry so in general if you want to do some hefty damage with airstorms you need quite a lot of them. in order to use all those drones you'll need to spend a lot of AAs as well. 2. drones are very fragile which means if the TA are feeling spiteful your damage output can tank in a round or two (but any enemy shooting at your drones isnt shooting at you or an ally)

in my opinion drone armada forts can be really deadly but they take quite a bit more thought/skill to use well

B: the other variety of damage dealing fortress is the artillery fortress and they Fuck. Shit. Up. Give it a lot of really big guns (or launchers) with really long range park in siege mode and then just delete large portions of the battlefield

C: utility: a mesh (for example) has a pretty narrow range of things it can get done in a battle unless you build them for a specific task outside that narrow range but fortresses can be do all kinds of stuff at the same time. their coms boost is helpful (I think... is it?) people can ride inside you so smaller suits tend to congregate around you. they can get 12 AAs without buying anything at all which is a nice trick. the cheap drones means you can field drones boosting sensor rolls, COM rolls to hit, drones for laying mines or spamming emp grenades, twice as many kitted out avatars, etc and what drone varieties turn out to be of no use still cost you almost nothing.
>>
>>50450589
I remember designing my own LEO gun platform and having my dreams dashed

>>50450650
and cyberbrain/mycelium so you can operate your suit literally forever

>>50450909
if you have the TECH bonus to use those sensors and haxmotrons you'll be the furthest thing from a burden. (some of us are too buisy putting MOAR GUNZ on our suits to be bothered with trifles like cyberwarfare and sensors and really anything that isnt moar gun)
>>
>>50451318
I concur. I fluffed Roist as being in charge of a group within Moq but as it has no stat impact and will likely remain unknown to the vast majority of players I didnt see it causing a problem
>>
Reminder that you can make a melee build that does roughly 800 damage per round
>>
>>50452015
How much after dur, point barriers, etc?
>>
>>50451318

Then doesn't that make LT in charge of TE correct then?

Who wants a mission on sunday?
>>
>>50452260
If Tim/Tom whateverthefuck is leader of TE, then Albatross is gonna make a reappearance to TK him
>>
File: Hanse HQ.jpg (668KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hanse HQ.jpg
668KB, 1200x600px
>>50442679

Fool always said this pic was how he imagined Hanse HQ. As for the fluff itself, I'm pretty damn sure you got it right.

>>50443359
>>50443702

This nigga has the right idea.

>>50441727

I always imagined ACHQ as a self-sustaining town. Not just military complexes, but also blocks of pre-fab civvie apartments and such. I think at one point we even had a mall built there.

As for what Falcon does? Either goof off, work as a courier for Command or run recon flights.

When he's not busy planning the construction of a Space Colony, that is
>>
>>50452260
Yes mission
>>
>>50452579
>As for what Falcon does?
He also causes little girls to puke
>>
>>50450820
http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Mecoptera

I've finished my mech, and I've almost finished the wiki page. I just needs to add some bits and bobs. The only things I need to do are things that I'm not sure I really want to until I actually do something.
>>
>>50452260
A Sunday mission would be great!

If it's not delayed for three hours again.
>>
>>50452289
So you mean the teamkilling fucktard will strike again?
>>
>>50452260
>>50453015
im available after about 4:30 pacific if someone's getting a group together.
>>
>>50453037
>Implying you even know who Albatross was
>>
>>50453114
Referring to him as a teamkilling fucktard should prove that I do know, you mental reject.
>>
>>50453114
Not the same anon, but I don't. How about a quick history lesson?
>>
>>50453114
>Implying this thread isn't filled with old players who refuse to come out of hiding.
>>
>>50453153
Look, this guy gets it. Give him a cookie.
>>
File: 1456341425355.jpg (84KB, 309x473px) Image search: [Google]
1456341425355.jpg
84KB, 309x473px
>>50453114

Man, that weekend was FUN. Such a gigantic shitstorm.
>>
>>50453170
>>50453114
They should have both died.
>>
>>50453186

Oh, absolutely, Alba was a piece of shit. What he did was a complete dick move, but the fallout of that mission was a blast to RP
>>
>>50453150
For the sake of the newbies and those who have blocked the memory, how about a recap for Albatross, Turtle, etc.?

So history doesn't repeat itself.
>>
File: 1466784748633.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1466784748633.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>>50453312

Turtle in a single image.
>>
>>50453370
>>50453312
Turtle is ok
>>
>>50453370
>>50453399
It fits rather well, since Turtle is like Aqua: means... Selfishly, but is somewhat dimwitted and can be a real pain in the ass.
>>
File: Fix'd GI.png (6MB, 1600x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Fix'd GI.png
6MB, 1600x6000px
Since no one posted it yet
>>
Is that crashed star destroyer still in Chicago? I feel like that would make a pretty snazzy PC HQ
>>
>>50453312
How about a history lesson from the fag who played Albatross?

>Be fighting for Port Moresby in the water squad (iirc) as Albatross with Zulu as his partner
>Zulu was the waifu of literally half of all of the people who played at that point
>Basically entirely uneventful for most of the mission
>Suddenly, El Blanco came out of nowhere and hit both Albatross and Zulu with 9 fucking WMGs (Instagib, we both failed rolls)
>Both of us loudly bitch about it
>Drama led one thing to another, and Zulu died as a result of Albatross using her as a human shield
>This caused almost a week of shitstorm
>To this day, Albatross regrets nothing

And that's why nobody dies in TE
>>
>>50454474
If anybody buys that at face value, I've got seaside property in Nevada I'll sell you dirt-cheap.
>>
>>50454474

Nobody dies in TE because most GMs play with the "you get a second (life) with 1 hp after 0 hp." Thing.
There where moments where people should he died but only lost limbs and shit because everybody dog piles on teammates in trouble now.

He'll If op pretend actually finished it would have been a wipe. One guy died and looked like others where falling down.

Also nobody likes a cheap death Mr sand.
>>
File: tmp_18912-7tobtup1098321004.jpg (76KB, 798x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18912-7tobtup1098321004.jpg
76KB, 798x600px
>>50454692
Anyways let's stop digging up old shit and deal with the fact that PACYOA is back
I'm all for running some test games in 2.0 that I never got to run *cough cough missing twintails*
>>
>>50454830

Not gonna lie. I am still excited for it.
>>
>>50454474

That's really not how it happened. Granted, 9 WMGs out if nowhere was indeed bullshit, but you used her - a lighter Suit class, mind you - as a meat shield.

And she was only Redneck's waifu.
>>
>>50454830
Oh fuck Crazy Tails is back. Fuck yeah.
>>
File: 1472691874770.gif (313KB, 185x519px) Image search: [Google]
1472691874770.gif
313KB, 185x519px
>>50455314
>>
>>50452260
>Europoor
Shit, mate. I can do it this weekend, but these Sunday missions are going to destroy me at some point.
>>
File: 1424416618719.jpg (59KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424416618719.jpg
59KB, 720x720px
Finally wrote a backstory for Clownfish's pilot

http://pastebin.com/zn3X8uXr

>here's to hoping it isn't very rage inducing
>>
File: 1460899211116.jpg (65KB, 826x826px) Image search: [Google]
1460899211116.jpg
65KB, 826x826px
>>50454474
>Zulu was the waifu of literally half of all of the people who played at that point
>"Dude drugs lmao" the character anyone's waifu but Redneck Rider
Nah

>>50455973
Reads fine to me, senpai
>>
>>50455855
I recognize that coloring.
>>
>>50455973
Makes perfect sense to me. No rage incoming.

I approve of the paranoia, also. Command a shit.
>>
>>50455973
I like it. What does clownfish think of amc who houses pc banning TE from their stretch of the usa? Also how does she spend her cash/resources?
>>
File: 1459657153483.png (627KB, 2000x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1459657153483.png
627KB, 2000x1051px
>>50455314
Reminder this is what Hanai currently looks like
>>
>>50456308
Is it some kind of brutal guro/rape doujin? The artstyle looks kind of like ShindoL.
>>
>>50458030

Those headphones make no sense.
>>
>>50458030
>remember a year ago she had itty bitty mosquito tiddies.
>1 year later.
>tits for days brah.

My, how the lewd have fallen...

yes I know she have canvas.
>>
>>50458030
Reminder that no one gives a shit
>>
File: 4891494914.jpg (103KB, 871x960px) Image search: [Google]
4891494914.jpg
103KB, 871x960px
>>50458214
Albatross did nothing wrong.
>>
>>50458174

I think the plot point was that after her twintails vanished she used Canvas to stop being flat and skinny.

>her
>implying
>>
File: Pirate.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>50458297
>When you remember that you have not only 1, but 3 fucking plotlines to pursue
I won't spoil anything but it has to do with Gunsmith if anyone remembers that
>>
>>50423366
>Callsign
Krieger
>Class
Heavy
>Features
Gills (Free)
Fins (Free)
>Type
Hopper (190)
Amphibious (170)
>AI
Soldier (160)
>Interface
Nerve Suit (155)
>HUD
Floodlights (150)
Hawkeye (145)
>Weapon
Pilebunker x2 (Fists and Knees)(105)
Powerfists (90)
>Upgrades
Jump Jet (Free)
Solar Panels (80)
Spare Energy Cell (50)
Cyberbrain (40)
Duelist (30)
Sub Armour Pistons (20)
Maneuvering Rockets (10)
Armor Plating (0)
>Faction
Moqaddas; Crusader
>Stat
Dex 5
Dur 5
Pow 4
Rec 4
Spd 6
Str 5

I almost went Fortress for the full Jaeger flavor, but decided against it.
>>
Here's my last build for Hanai, I don't even know what some of the shit on it is, specifically Magnetic Phaser
Hanai - Light
Dex: -20 Dex Attack: -34 Dex Defense: -38 MFR: 12 Tech +-5
~~~~~~~~
Dex 8
Dur 1
Pow 2
Rec 10
Spd 4
Str 2
Sexy Biped -10
AI: Agent -10
UI: Brainwave Harness -10
ASS -5
Floodlights -5
Hawkeye -5
2x Plasma Blade -40
Magnetic Phaser -20
EMP Shield -10
Null Field -15
Plasma Shield -15
2x Defender Heavies -40
-Flamethrowers
Cyberbrain -10
Duelist -10
Polyglot -5
HardLight Projector -10
Armor Plating -10
Manuvering Rockets -10
Collapsible 2 -10
Camo -10
Solar Panels II -20
Canvas 2 -10
Infused -10
>>
>>50458550
>Pile Bunker knees
Well, that's something. But Moqaddas can't get pile bunkers.
>>
>>50458638
Shit dick. I read it as "higher than T3". Oh well, I guess I'll go with being a Lynx then.
>>
>>50458550

Took us two fucking years, but someone finally made a Jaeger. The Gods of /m/ are pleased.
>>
>>50458703
Turtle made one for Cherno Alpha

...it didn't punch.
>>
>>50458850
All is did was walk into traps, mines, and other's fists.

"I roll to disbelieve!"
"Just like your life in general , you failed."
>>
File: 1473183324839.jpg (18KB, 269x331px) Image search: [Google]
1473183324839.jpg
18KB, 269x331px
>>50455973
>disgruntled AC vet using PC to watchdog AC and preparing to work against it if necessary
I like it.
>>
>>50458550
I think someones using the callsign Krieger
>could be wrong tho

>>50458703
nonsense you've had best jaeger for years
>>
>>50458030
Ramen has such a fucking amazing style seriously
>>
File: Hanai Why.png (493KB, 1806x1509px) Image search: [Google]
Hanai Why.png
493KB, 1806x1509px
>>50460202
I'm pretty sure Ramen did this one too, but I can't fully remember
>>
>>50460243
I can't recall. Was Hannai a trap too, or just Zippy?
>>
File: nice.png (76KB, 428x380px) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
76KB, 428x380px
>>50460262
If by trap, you mean he used to be a guy then yes
I think it was a joke that everyone knows that he's a guy but just plays along with his shit
>>
>>50460299
You mean the character or the player? I don't get the joke.
>>
Can someone explain to me the story after Resurgence?
>>
File: Hraelsvaegr.png (2MB, 1900x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Hraelsvaegr.png
2MB, 1900x1075px
Would pic related by okay as a suit?
>>
>>50460971
Probably, suits don't have to be humanoid, just get a body type that suits that pic
>>
File: Character_02bladewolf.png (297KB, 649x442px) Image search: [Google]
Character_02bladewolf.png
297KB, 649x442px
Gunsmith
Mesh
TE Engineer
Raw Com/Dex/Tec: +5/-5/±0
RAB: +18 | MFR: 12 | DDB: -23 | DAB: -19 | TRC: ±15
Advanced Actions: 12
Speed: 40 mpr
~~~~~~~
Dex: 8
Dur: 4
Pow: 1
Rec: 11
Spd: 3
Str: 3
Features: Natural Weapons, Tentacles -10
Body: Hybrid Armored Predator Hunter -70
AI: Soldier -10
UI: Manual -0
HUD: Night Vision, Thermal Vision, Radar -0
Weapons: Plasma Bow, Plasma Blade x2 -60
Upgrades: Capacitor II, Photosynthetic Augment, Manuvering Rockets, Sub-Armor Pistons, Armor Plating, Jump Jets, Uplift, Camo, Engineering Kit, Repair Kit, Improved Kits, Spare Energy Cell -150
Plasma Blade x2: 11 DAM (2x same target, 4 targets)
Plasma Bow: ACC: 8 | FR: 7 | AM: 5 | RA: 8 | DAM: 9 (2x)
>>
>>50460971
...Star Citizen much?
>>
File: Sunlord_Thalachos.jpg (110KB, 957x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sunlord_Thalachos.jpg
110KB, 957x1500px
I feel this would be a pretty cool suit for Moqaddas. Maybe with a plasma bow, maybe STIG type, extra arms. Just tossing out ideas
>>
File: 70e71e6c350f9a8b0c335a7c1d3368bd.jpg (172KB, 736x1026px) Image search: [Google]
70e71e6c350f9a8b0c335a7c1d3368bd.jpg
172KB, 736x1026px
Why are you guys so focused on speed and recovery? Why not strength or dexterity for a change?
>>
>>50463976
Action economy
Although now that you mention it, it might be a good idea to change up gunsmith slightly
>>
>>50464068
rookie here, what is this gunsmith alot of people have been talking about?
>>
>>50464181
He's some completely random suit that was found guarding a large group of unused suit pods. He actually has no development beyond that, so I'm going to have to do that in a mission or two
>>
>>50463976
Well, not only does speed allow you to move faster around the battlefield, Recovery means that you stay in it longer. However, beforethe gane went into hiatus, high dexy builds were the norm due to dodging and melee mechanics. Before that it was heavies and forts that hit like trucks with tons of dexterity.

That and two of the oldest players have made a competition of who's fastest, so that may have inspired folks to try the same thing.
>>
Are mission threads now on /qst/?
>>
>>50464544
speaking of missions, whens the next one gonna come out, this weekend?
>>
>>50464181
It's just one guy that brings him up because he's his OC.
>>
>>50464855
I know right, he probably roleplays with his OC, the fag
>>
File: 1477248213703.jpg (45KB, 717x638px) Image search: [Google]
1477248213703.jpg
45KB, 717x638px
>>50464744
>>
Bump

We should "advertise" in the CYOA general
>>
How.. big is a Fortress class exactly? How vertically large could it be?
>>
>>50464681
People were talking about running a mission this Sunday, however I have no idea who is running it or if a mission is even planned.
>>
>>50463976
Everyone here has the need
>>
>>50467048

About the size of a generic Mobile Suit. Some fifteen to twenty-odd meters tall..
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 1030x1563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 1030x1563px
>>50467286
The need for SPEEEEED.

>>50467048
>>50467662
Somewhere around, yeah. I've always seen Meshes being body fitting, and Lights being in the 1.70-2.10 m (5'11" to 7') range, with Mediums hitting around the 2.50 m mark (8') and Heavies going from 4 to 7 meters (13" to 20").
>>
So who is doing this mission on sunday?
>>
File: IMG_0050.png (308KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.png
308KB, 640x1136px
>>50468292
I'm a bit interested in who the anon was too. Otherwise I think someone else should run a weekend mission.
>>
File: a347984765024fa0f40ceaf7ed46abd1.jpg (577KB, 1280x1700px) Image search: [Google]
a347984765024fa0f40ceaf7ed46abd1.jpg
577KB, 1280x1700px
>>50423366
>PACYOA General #124
I never asked for this...

Just kidding, it's nice to see that this is back :^)
>>
>>50469626
DUDE WHAT THE FUCK?!
>>
>>50469636
WHAT THE FUCK to you too, anonymous stranger!
>>
>>50469626
you, you old faggot, need to get on the IRC
>>
>>50469666
Where the hell is everybody? I would think #PACYOA would be packed with 58 posters
>>
>>50469725
People are there and #ACHQ
>>
By the great powers that be, what are the rules on the organic option? Whats to stop me piloting a larger version of myself?
>>
>>50467249

It's me, and I'll make a mission post tonight after I get off of work. Time is unkown because i don't know when peoplease want it. I'll make a straw poll, ask on irc, or something.

I'm thinking I might just go though my green book and do the "pirate" mission I wrote down if I can't think of something really good.
>>
File: Hp04m.jpg (94KB, 934x708px) Image search: [Google]
Hp04m.jpg
94KB, 934x708px
FYI the mission I talked about running Saturday will have to be postponed for a week or so due to the wicked machinations of the IRL.

I might be down to run someone elses mission this weekend tho as thats not as big a time commitment.
>or at least that's the lie I tell myself

>>50463976
Because "There is no god but Speed and White Falcon is his profit!"
>>
File: 1477097615162.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477097615162.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>50472505
>profit
This was on purpose, right?
>>
>>50472938
spelling it with an f is faster
>follow the way of the Stig in all things
>>
File: STIG Tableflip.gif (931KB, 210x118px) Image search: [Google]
STIG Tableflip.gif
931KB, 210x118px
>>50472505
>>50473098

Could you fucking not
>>
The IRC is pretty dead right now.
>>
>>50473550
Wait for the weekends. It's slightly less dead then.
>>
File: 1479782099059.png (19KB, 438x469px) Image search: [Google]
1479782099059.png
19KB, 438x469px
>>50473550
It was always dead.
Having 4 different discussion channels probably doesn't help.
>>
>>50473609
#ACHQ is the only official IRC at the moment.
>>
>>50472505

You know can explain the basics of the mission without spoiling it right?
>>
File: The Rec Room.jpg (39KB, 628x417px) Image search: [Google]
The Rec Room.jpg
39KB, 628x417px
Found a good pic for the old AC Rec Room.
>>
>>50475739
Seems too "normal" for an ultra high tech organization like the Armor Corps
>>
>>50475785

It's still the apocalypse, dude. ACHQ is not all high tech shit, a lot of it is salvaged and repurposed shit.
>>
>>50475785
This organization was founded in a semi-destroyed world. I doubt it's ultra high tech.
>>
>>50475739
>>50475785
I always pictured it more bunker-y
>>
File: spaniard.jpg (30KB, 950x475px) Image search: [Google]
spaniard.jpg
30KB, 950x475px
>>50475739
>When you remember the crazy shit that went down there
I can imagine White with a twintailed loli asleep with her head in his lap on those couches
>>
>>50476591
Zonda had twintails?
>>
File: Grrrrr.gif (714KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
Grrrrr.gif
714KB, 254x199px
>>50476619
>>
File: 1412217641565.jpg (29KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
1412217641565.jpg
29KB, 640x448px
>>50476631
>>50476619
>>50476591

>mfw that whole scene
>mfw the fucking 'completely safe vial of nanites' Fool gave me made my goddamn skin poisonous
>mfw it was actually a prototype version of the space cancer vaccine he introduced a whole goddamn year later
>mfw he was planning the endgame that far ahead
>>
>>50476778
PACYOA's very own "Hold the Door."
>>
File: [Continued Laughter].png (207KB, 355x362px) Image search: [Google]
[Continued Laughter].png
207KB, 355x362px
>>50476778

>mfw I got to make joke after joke about "Get in the damn biosuit white!"

For every mistake fool made, he made something great to make up for it.
>>
When this began I was an underageb& in secondary school.

LET

IT

DIE
>>
>>50479211
The funny thing is,
No.
>>
>>50479211
...Nah
>>
>>50479211
I was underageb& too and I still love it ya cunt.
>>
>>50479211
Hey I love that song
https://soundcloud.com/starset-official/let-it-die-maniac-agenda-remix
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1296x1726px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1296x1726px
Art bump
>>
>>50481938
Secondary art bump
>>
Can I pretty completely rebuild my old suit if I want to use the extra points from missions I got? Or should I make a new suit with 200?
>>
>>50481938
>no shield
>>
>>50482041
Kinda. You can only NOT change the suit size I think. Not sure.
>>
File: Tarn sketch.jpg (242KB, 714x681px) Image search: [Google]
Tarn sketch.jpg
242KB, 714x681px
Tertiary art bump (in-progress)
>>
>>50482260
I don't think it was worth reading my old writing to check. Unfortunately I'm the wrong size, but it might be worth keeping anyway.

I got three questions though:
>Can anyone buy the priced stuff in the "Blackmarket, Mission Rewards and Fusion Weapons: http://imgur.com/a/u5HYv"? And what count as black market for the purposes of Phoenix faction?

>What does the melee attack bonus do? Is it the melee equivalent of accuracy?

>I don't need a free hand for every single weapon, right? I've got a special snowflake idea of combining several pile bunkers into one giant club
>>
>>50482836
1. Anyone can buy anything with a price. Everything except the fusions count as black market.

2. There is a 1:1 bonus to melee damage based on your strength. Hopefully that's what you're talking about.

3. You can mount them to any feasible location, arms not required. I believe someone in the past made some similar combined weapon, but I'm not sure if it was allowed regularly.
>>
File: 1469042934723.jpg (454KB, 900x2049px) Image search: [Google]
1469042934723.jpg
454KB, 900x2049px
>>50482836
>Yes

>Extra melee damage

>No
>>
>>50482926
Thanks m8

>Hopefully that's what you're talking about.
Nope, unfortunately -- in the PDF, under Dex, it mentions that melee attack bonus = (dex-1)*2.
>>50482944
Extra melee damage? Like, on top of the STR 1:1 bonus?
>>
>>50482955
>Potential 22 bonus damage per hit.
Not a chance.

It's probably accuracy.
>>
>>50482955
(dexy -1)*2 is your bonus to hitting, i.e. If you roll a 60 and your thershold is 40, the bonus would get you closer to that.
>>
File: 4d18fcb7cdafbad9e7181e30109cea9c.jpg (111KB, 679x1177px) Image search: [Google]
4d18fcb7cdafbad9e7181e30109cea9c.jpg
111KB, 679x1177px
MORE FIGHTING ROBOTS
>>
File: thisshit.jpg (971KB, 1856x1040px) Image search: [Google]
thisshit.jpg
971KB, 1856x1040px
>>
File: tumblr_nh387dsVOa1s50j4bo1_500.png (335KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh387dsVOa1s50j4bo1_500.png
335KB, 500x563px
>>
>>50484386
>redneck.jpg
>>
>>50484441
Redneck was a Gundam?
>>
>>50484514

Only backwards earthnoid rednecks pilot Gundams. Educated, master race spacenoids pilot Kampfers.
>>
File: WFK-II Portrait.jpg (1MB, 1872x2498px) Image search: [Google]
WFK-II Portrait.jpg
1MB, 1872x2498px
>>50484514

No. But it's red and has a bigass gun, might as well be his Suit.

>>50484582

>Gundams
>Bad

Go back to your goddamn rock, Zeonfag.
>>
File: 371.jpg (127KB, 1547x845px) Image search: [Google]
371.jpg
127KB, 1547x845px
>>50484691
hell in high heels
>>
>>50484691
Amazing Gundam is pretty shit, though.
>>
File: 1459831924147.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459831924147.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>50484691
>Go back to your goddamn rock, Zeonfag
Already crashed it into Earth.
>>
>>50484901
>Shield just disappears for no reason
The GM forgot to roll for blocking, didn't he?
>>
>>50484901
SAVAGE
>>
File: IMG_1516.jpg (45KB, 602x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1516.jpg
45KB, 602x399px
More Robots
>>
File: 1416535069673.jpg (35KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
1416535069673.jpg
35KB, 640x370px
>>50484901
Well played anon, well played.
>>
File: 1469917255078.jpg (250KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
1469917255078.jpg
250KB, 1280x855px
>>50484691
Gundams are for gays. Post grunts.
>>
>>50488856
Might actually be making a grunt really soon. Not satisfied with one of my characters, so I'll replace him with a grunt. I like his grunt suit I found for him as well.
>>
>>50490745
Is there such a thing as 'Too Grunt' ?
>>
>>50491298
Yes, you need to be that perfect blend of expendable and invulnerable.
>>
>>50491298
Its called a Federation "Ball" and if you can do anything against another mech with it than you're the commander of the Federations 8th MS team.
>>
Could collapsible be used to turn a suit into something like a sweater?
>>
>>50492070
I'd say yes
>>
>>50491298
>Callsign
Havoc
>Class
Medium
>Features
Tremor Sense (190)
>Type
Hopper (180)
>AI
Soldier (170)
>Interface
Manual (free)
>HUD
Adv Suit Status (165)
Thermal Vision (155)
Night Vision (145)
Hawkeye (140)
>Communication
Radio (Free)
>Weapon
Rail Rifle (120)
Plasma Blade (100)
EMP Grenades (95)
>Defences
Plasma Shield (80)
EMP Shield (70)
Nullification Field (0)
>Upgrades
Jump Jet (Free)
Capacitor II, III (50)
Sub Armour Pistons (40)
Maneuvering Rockets (30)
Armor Plating (20)
Lock Pick Countermeasures (10)
Kinetic Stabiliser (0)
Camouflage (0) - Infinite duration when stationary
>Faction
Green Initiative; Operator
>Stat
Dex 5
Dur 4 (5 against Energy) +3 Blocking
Pow 10
Rec 4 (8 after firing or blocking)
Spd 7
Str 4

First attempt at PACYOA, any glaring issues with this build? Or should it be alright
>>
>>50492170
We don't get too many Mediums in GI. Welcome to best faction.

Looks to me like you're using the outdated faction info, though. It got patched post 2.0. Updated info on faction crunch is here >>50453822
>>
>>50492413
Curses, the free static camouflage is hard to replace, and the change to guerrilla is really enticing.

Am I understanding tracker correctly that it would apply -10 Dex from the speciality skill and -10 from perk when sneaking to a total of -20?

Which would you suggest between Tracker and Guerrilla?
>>
>>50492582
That is entirely correct. The GI bonus and the ghost module specialty skill do stack.

I personally run tracker, but that's because I'm basically a massive coward who avoids combat when possible. As a Medium sniper build, either specialization could suit you well.

Simplified as much as possible, with your build, Guerrilla would improve your ability to harm enemies, whilst Tracker would increase your survival chances, so it depends on if you want to be aggressive or defensive.
>>
File: post-90027-1205171981.jpg (35KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
post-90027-1205171981.jpg
35KB, 315x450px
>>50492615
Can you attempt stealth even without camouflage? Actually is there more in-depth rules than >>50423421 im trying to figure out how combat actually plays out.

The intent with this build is to be a sort of raider. Run in, deal damage, run out. Rinse and repeat. Rather than a sniper - but with the range on the Rail Rifle I understand why you thought that.

Im looking to expand with time to include additional hardline protection and crowd-controlish weapon as time goes by.
>>
>>50492772
The original game devs didn't really put too much thought into stealth. What you see is what you get, as far as stealth rules go.

I've had a complete stealth and sniping update ready to go for a year. So far, GM has been willing to test 'em yet.

So far, people have just been using DEX rolls to determine how sneaky you are, and then anyone trying to spot you has to do a TECH roll and succeed by more than you did on your stealth.

Shooting or attacking breaks stealth. To regain it, you have to break line of sight then stealth again.
>>
>>50492927
Sorry so to clarify, breaking line of sight is enough to begin stealth? And then the upside of a camouflage module is that you can move in the open if you have it, compared to say moving through buildings to maintain it?

In that case i think ill modify to guerilla. I think it most accurately portrays the commando build im going for.
>>
>>50427661
Where are the rules for various ammunitions found? Such as AP ammo
>>
Disregard
>>
What's the average damage-output/turn of damage-dealing suits? So I know how many points to spare on the not directly damage stuff.
>>
>>50492070

Anything that can fit on the body, but I remember there was thoughts about the time it takes to re-expand it that nobody touched.

Backpack size=1 round
Underwear size= 2 rounds
Ring = 3 rounds.

But as far as I know it's not a rule so have fun.
>>
File: 1417628542560.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
1417628542560.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>50494386
I'm thinking of making Strolling Thunder collapse into a sweatshirt or an under-armor type long-sleave shirt.
>With civilization having collapsed Amanda will have trouble finding nice-looking cloths that fit really well (American Eagle has had a lot of trouble keeping things in stock since the apocalypse). Pic related

It would also double as the world's greatest ballistics vest.
>>
Uh, I think I could make a character that does max damage 3234 in a turn. Would that be overkill, or is it a good idea?
>>
>>50494737
What how?
>>
>>50494737
I would say that would be overkill by several Megatons.
>>
>>50494758
6 pile drivers, 9 base dex, celerity+overload and a ronin.
>>
>>50494768
How many points for the build?
>>
>>50494793
200. But, all of them are spent on damage. I'm >>50493886 and wondering how much I can sacrifice for the more comfortable things in life.
>>
>>50494801
It's worth noting that without celerity and overload the output is only 1596. This is all assuming every attack hits, by the way, and you'd only get a -16 bonus to dex rolls (w/o celeriload).
>>
>>50494768
I believe someone said the Dex determining damage trait was removed from the Ronin helmet.... likely for this exact reason.
>>
>>50494873
Spoilsport. Time to remake my build.

What IS a reasonable amount of damage? In terms of theme I was going for reasonably unreasonable damage with an otherwise very basic suit set-up. High damage, but not overkill by several megatonnes.
>>
>>50494899
Wouldnt reasonable damage be the damage output of any 2 weapons combined? (for a medium size suit) and then add a weapon for every size up?
>>
>>50494899
...I honestly don't see any reason to do over 300 Possible Damage a turn

The only times you would need more is if someone pulls multiple Superforts out of their ass, or the actual Vannai show up.

Which case a call to Zippy and unleashing the El Blanco Nukes would be in the cards.
>>
>>50494915
And even 300 might be overkill.
>>
>>50494911
What I meant was: how much damage should I do in order to be helpful to the team?
>>50494915
Alright, that frees up a lot of points. Like, even without the Ronin that build does 2058 max damage (celeriloaded) and 1232 normally.
>>
>>50494915
Considering a target has at most 30HP + say 20 Durability, wouldn't anything that can put out 50 damage reliably be 'enough' assuming you want to 1 shot everything.
>>
>>50494936
Honestly, your doing enough damage to level cities kid.

>>50494943
...I think that's actually a lot more reasonable then what I was going for.
>>
>>50494936
Helpfulness isn't always about raw damage, but rather how you apply it if at all.
>>
>>50494943
So the main concern isn't how much damage you can do, but how many people you can do it to? I vaguely recall some rules about actions and how many you can do and how many people you can target -- I looked in the OP but couldn't find them (only rules for ranged weapon fire rate): are they still around?
>>50494948
Levelling cities would be pretty fluff-appropriate, given the theme I have in mind...but I'm not that That Guy-ish.
>>50494967
This is the impression I'm getting. How does an AoE melee build sound? Possible mesh-stealth.
>>
>>50494977
Sounds interesting.
>>
I see a lot of questions and comments about damage-per-turn totals that make me feel like I need to point out some things.

1. Damage reduction from Dur is subtracted from each individual weapon strike.
2. Because of this a weapon with 10 damage value will NEVER do 10 damage in a turn (with the exception of melee assassination).
3. 90+ percent of attacks will have their base damage reduced by at least four points or more.
4. In my experience weapons without any kind of on-hit effect or special rules and a damage value lower than 7 are worthless if your goal is high damage output to TA enemies. There are reasons to take them but never for straight up killyness.
5. Keep synergy in mind. A suit with a lot of guns will do a lot more damage if one is a flamer because the flamers -1 Dur on-hit will increase your total damage done by 1 point for every weapon you hit with. Similarly if you're packing EMP weapons sufficient to drop an enemy to 0 Pow your total damage done will likely blow through the roof because A: it cant dodge B: it cant block with shields C: it can't point barrier away your strongest attack etc.
>>
>>50495023
>on-hit effect
Do you mean EMP or AP? Is there something else?
>>
>>50494977
Possible, though you'd be putting yourself at risk as Assasinate (melee) would only apply towards the very first strike in an attack series, then you go about tipping off the enemies.

Not sure if a Mesh would be well suited for that compared to perhaps a light or a heavier unit.
>>
File: 022.jpg (247KB, 1404x1080px) Image search: [Google]
022.jpg
247KB, 1404x1080px
If you choose organic, could i technicall pilot an actual giant dog or something? with fur and shit.
>>
>>50495023
>on #4 I meant to say 7 or lower

>>50495058
On-hit effects consist of any of those kinds of rules. AP, EMP, -1 Dur, -2 Dex, push target 1 range away from you, etc

6. If you're looking at total damage done per turn do not forget to think about the fact that a fortresses siege mode allows them to damage multiple suits with each individual shot. A rocket pod can take 2 shots each at a different target but if 2 enemies are near eachother in reality you can hit each of them twice.
7. remember to take range into account and that high FR gives additional attacks only if you have that many enemies in range. In other words the shorter a weapons range the lower the odds of more than one suit being in range are and thus the less valuable additional attacks due to FR become. This a major reason why Rocket pods are so rapetastic, if more than one TA suit exists anywhere you'll almost always get that second attack.
8. Also pay attention to whether or not a weapon require line of sight. a railgun has great range but if you're fighting in a city for example that range will do you no good most of the time whereas delicious rocket pods dont give a fuck if you have line of sight as long as you can get another suit or a drone to spot for you (or for fortresses if you can just guess well because AOE is very forgiving)
>>
>>50495169
During one mission the team was attacked by giant spiders Eight Legged Freaks style.

>If you play Clifford the Big Red Dog in our mecha game there's either gonna be a lot of lulz or a shitload of butt-hurt probably both
>>
>>50495184
>>50495184

So taking into account your tips, how do you rate >>50492170 (updating operator to guerrilla for the +1AP/+1EMP)
is the Rail Rifle alone sufficient to contribute?

I was hoping to have enough shootiness to shoot melee focused suits, and enough stabbiness to stab shooty suits.
>>
File: 1432935905285.jpg (59KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
1432935905285.jpg
59KB, 610x407px
>>50495330
On Wing Jaeger I felt like a rail rifle alone meant I contributed virtually nothing offensively against TA. AP values only help against targets whose Dur is equal to or higher than the weapon's damage value (in this case 9) With 1 2 AP attack per turn it would likely take 20+ turns to kill a TA.

It looks like this build will only get one attack per turn if its MO is stabbing shooty suits which means you'll probably get vaporized before killing an enemy.

I think that stab them if they're shooty and shoot their if their stabby strategy is pretty fucking awesome but you're probably looking at a heavy build for that kind of thing. Its a very aggresive strategy and your build doesn't have anywhere near enough weaponry to pull that off. Also GI's benefits are mostly wasted on that kind of strat

Actually look up Paladin on the wiki, she did that quite well. Its a 1.7 build but most of her gear didnt change much in 2.0
>>
>>50495501
GI intentionally don't recieve any bonuses for melee (apart from the +5 DEX) so that they don't step on Moqaddes or Hanse's toes. Even though, to be fair, Hanse trampled all over GI's turf in the 2.0 update.
>>
>>50495501
desu the Rail Rifle is just plain bad. For the same cost you could get near the same base stats plus either +1 dam, +1 attack, indirect guided missiles, or +1 EMP which has far more utility than 1 AP. Really good accuracy isn't terribly helpful when hitting won't do very much
>>
>>50494768
>>50494873

Overload only works on one weapon as far as I know, and Ronin Visor only adds damage at a rate of 1 for every 2 Dexy
>>
Wait, I think I've been applying MFR completely wrong. Melee fire rate doesn't do anything except the "every 4 mfr" and "every 12 mfr" thing, right?

>>50495023
If most enemies have 20 dur, doesn't this mean no weapon can actually do damage without significant dur reduction?
>>
>>50495871
Nobody has 20 Dur
>>
File: 1462312709747.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1462312709747.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
>>50495871
>20 dur
>>
>>50495871
>>
>>50496195 I thought >>50494943 said most, not at most.
>>50496024
What's the general stats of the guys you'll be going up against? If you're going to be regularly encountering people with 12 dur, you're going to need to pack a lot of dur-reducing weapons. If it's never really going to surpass four, then it's not needed unless that's your strat.

Also what's the rules re: advanced actions? I read something about not being able to do two different kinds in the same turn?
>>
>>50496217
Average Dur should be around 4 for average mooks, dur 7 is for heavy minibosses, dur 9 for bosses

Dur 12 is impossible to damage for most people
>>
>>50496361
So to run through the probably defunct piledriver build, to make sure I've got this right:

On a 4 dur mook I would deal 11 HP damage per hit, because 13 - 4 = 9 but you add 2 from the 2 AP.

With 14 melee fire rate and 4 Actions 3 of my piledrivers can hit twice, giving an additional 33 HP damage. Using every single piledriver on the same person I would deal a total of 13 * (6 piledrivers + 3 extra attacks) HP damage per turn, for a total of 99.

On minibosses I should deal 72/turn, and on bosses I should deal 54.

That's all "on hit", i.e. best case scenario.
>>
>>50496524
If you only have 4 actions you can only attack 4 times per turn.
>>
>>50496564
As in, you can only attack 4 times total? Like if you had five weapons then you could only ever use four of them at a time?

Also can you spoonfeed me where the rules for AAs are? I've been looking through the PDF and slowly finding stuff I was too blind to see.
>>
File: 1416551867876.gif (329KB, 140x160px) Image search: [Google]
1416551867876.gif
329KB, 140x160px
>>50496361
So I was looking at double up and thinking about putting it on Clownfish because I figured it would make missions more fun and yield some RP dividends. And now that I'm really looking at it its kind goggling my mind.

1. It seems like partering up with one of them speed-max stig builds could make things a bit crazy.
2. The thought of the power of the EMP blast two heavies would cause with harden is making me salivate a little (and they'd still have another harden use between them.
3. OMFG Celerity on mah heavy!
4. a heavy and a mesh could set up some really crazy 1 2 punches with improved stealth not to mention the fact that with the high rec Meshs have Clownie could basically laugh off enemy heat cannons, sticky grenades etc
5. the really cool thing though is I'm betting theres all kinds of other cool stuff she'd be able to do with it that havent even occured to me yet

>>50496586
yes if you have 4 AAs and 5 weapons that fifth gets to sit on the bench

and the rules your looking for are here>>50423421
>>
>>50496643
Oh shit, they meant Dex Tech and Com when they said type? I thought it was like attack or move. That clears a lot of stuff up.

What're the rules with moving and fighting? Could you move to one dude and attack twice, then move to another and attack twice, all in the same turn?
>>
>>50496694
I know I've asked this before and gotten an "official" ruling but I guess I didn't screencap it #myshameknowsnobounds

I think the answer was no, once you attack someone in melee you can no longer move that round. Otherwise stigs could start a round like a billion miles away attack and warp back a billion miles.

I know you can attack two different suits in the same round of melee but I believe they have to be within RA 1 or 2
>>
What kind of weapons/builds would a grunt have?
>>
>>50496849
Assuming that's an unlikely situation, that seems to put a heavy disadvantage on melee. What's to stop ranged weapons from doing the same thing?
>>
>>50496889
Again I'm not a dev and I could be remembering incorrectly but I think in that same exchange of rules errata I was told a suit could shoot and move or move and shoot and I think melee attacks had to be the end of your turn but they might have had the same restrictions as shooting
>>
>>50496969
That seems fair. Seems like you could enlarge the range of melee-multi-targeting to something a bit more than 1 or 2 though, but only a bit. To give melee a distinct targeting disadvantage, but without making melee builds dead weight in the team.
>>
If I take both Capacitors, do I get 4 power or 6 power out of it?
>>
>>50497451
6 power.

>>50497022
Two devs have so far agreed that you can melee several guys as long as you have the speed for it

>grunt

Biped Medium, Ballistics and a single melee weapon only, Final Destination.

Would anyone be possibly interested in playing later today?
>>
>>50497540
Yeah, totally. It'd be my first game since I missed out on the VR. What time?
>>
>>50497540
>Would anyone be possibly interested in playing later today?
I would, but given that it would be my first time, I'd really need to be hand-held through the entire thing, and I don't really want to force that on to some one. And also, depending on how later today, I might be asleep, what with time zones and all that.
>>
>>50497540
I'm with >>50497803. It's the weekend so I can stay up pretty late but I'll be very stupid.
>>
Wait wait wait

Is Spare Energy Cell stackable? You buy it once and 3 AAs goes to 6, you buy it again and 6 AAs goes to 12?
>>
>>50497540
Aye, if you consider me new enough to occupy a slot and have room. I understand if others have priority since I was on the Boot Camp mission.

To the anons, >>50497571, >>50497803 >>50497821, you should post with names so he knows who you are when role call comes around.
>>
>>50497882
Its cheaper to buy the stat upgrades
>>
>>50497907
Sure, but my dude hasn't been built yet, so I might not be able to show up with a very good suit.
>>50497914
Shit, it is? How? I've been dealing with combining bio and sexy and a hybrid predator-overlord AND then buying the capacitors and solar chargers.
>>
>>50497882
I don't think there's a single option in the PDF aside from weapons that you can buy more than one of.
>>
>>50497907
I'd like to play to make up for missing boot camp. Plus medic+hack support in case you need patching up.
>>
>>50497996
I was assuming it was only the things labelled "cannot be stacked" that couldn't be bought twice. The power capacitor thing is unusual because of its (maybe) exponential effect.

In any case I think I got what >>50497914 meant.
>>
>>50498005
>>50497952
>>50497907
>>50497821
>>50497803
>>50497571

Maybe somewhere around 7pm CST (-6 GMT) if that's OK with you guys? Stuff came up so that's probably the earliest I can so
>>
>>50497540
It depends, Saturday would work for me, but I don't know if you want newer or older people to do it
>>
>>50498033
I suppose it would depend on how long it's going to run. For me that's about 1 am, saturday, so any longer than 1/2 hours and I'm not going to be able to.
>>
>>50498023
Maybe you're right. But taking more than one Spare Energy Cell gets incredibly expensive. That said, does that mean that I can take more than one Armor Plates and stack DUR for days?
>>
I could run earlier on Saturday instead of Friday night, somewhere around 9 or so AM CST, maybe.
>>
>>50497540
yes

>>50497996
repair gel, Repair and construction kits. I think you can take polyglot multiple times for more languages
>>
>>50498344
>Needing to be fluent in more than 12 languages
>your AI can just google it for you anyways
>>
>>50495169

I would say no personally, but fluff and crunch wise I don't see a huge issue. Just don't be a furry man and do it. Don't be THAT GUY.
>>
What is this actual homosexuality?
>>
>>50497540
Reporting in. I'll take up a slot and hopefully remember it. Since I forgot last time and got the time wrong.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Alright here is that mission post that waited a night.

To say the email from command about the next possible mission was different wasn't wrong...

"Alright pilots. Listen up, because this is right up your ally. It's weird, it's different, and I know you'll sign up for it anyway. With the appearance of an organization of mercenaries comes the shit they do we have to clean up. Off in the red sea a group of PMC mercs captured a TA cruiser class ship for buyers that are using it to privateer the shipping lanes of both sides. They don't kill who surrenders, but the death toll when people try to run is not acceptable as it's higher then 0. You heard that right. We have pirates now. And that means we need a group of pilots to go smack them down and make a stance AC or ACMP will not accept pirates. Sign ups are limited at 5 suits. Command out."

>This sunday is the planned day.
>5 suits, 5 players. Old and young accepted but 2 slots will be for newbs only. Reserves will be taken if needed.
>Time is not set as I don't know what works for everyone. Tell me your earliest start time and the latest time will be that.
>Floatation devices will be given for suits without the ability to swim.
>Peg legs, hook hands, and eye patches are optional.
>>
>>50499101

Oh and of course I forget the op name.

Op "Seadogs."
>>
>>50499101
Taking a spot, I'll make an ACMP character (Because I don't have enough alts)
>>
>>50499101
I'll probably do it soon, if I can make the time. If not, just toss it away to some friendly newbie
>>
>>50499101

>peg legs

Do cybernetic prosthetics count? Either way, I'm in.
>>
>>50499153
>>50499174
>>50499208

>>Time is not set as I don't know what works for everyone. Tell me your earliest start time and the latest time will be that.

If you don't set a time I am going to assume 1 PM CST. Just so that's clear. Also remember if 2 new players (Less then 300 points.) ask for a slot 2 will get in no matter what. 2 slots left.
>>
>>50498033
Yeah that's 1 AM for me too. I could try, but I would be *very* stupid.
>>50498084
>does that mean that I can take more than one Armor Plates and stack DUR for days?
I think so.

Which is better: power or recovery?
>>
>>50499290
Earliest start time for me could be 10 CST
>>
>>50499101
Filling up a slot for a newb. Wish me luck.
>>
>>50499101
>>50499290
I'll ask for a newfag slot. I should definitely have a not-fucked build by then.

Good times for me would be 8 AM GMT to 6 PM. Which is 1pm CST, looking at it, but damn is it fine.
>>
>>50499481
Actually scratch that. Got something to do on Sunday. Though I'll do whatever mission Silver is planning
>>
>>50499290
I'm going to work on a new suit now. I made a few previously, you alright with another 200pt coming?
>>
>>50499463
absolutly not. maximum 1 armor plates
>>
>>50499574
Lucky thing I just made my suit more efficient by taking it out of -1 dur.
>>
>>50499463
They hard capped Armor Plating to 1. Sorry mate, your not the only one to try.
>>
>>50499574
>>50499597
It says in http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1480280120959.pdf that "you can only change these in major updates"; does that mean I can change my old 230 pt mesh into a 230 pt light?
>>
>>50499652
Is the suit from 1.7?
>>
>>50499652
It was later said by the MIGHTY FOOL that suit changes in size can happen whenever...just not in during a mission.

Or I might be remembering that wrongly.
>>
>>50499727
It's from a year and a half ago. I don't know what version that is.

Also: does the lessening in effect of berserker nanites refreshes at the end of every mission, or does it carry over?
>>
>>50499771
Pretty sure for Crunch it refreshes
>>
>>50499771
When you played was the WMG the big stick?
Do you remember if the Pile Bunker existed?
Do you has a wiki page?
>>
>>50499894
Cool. I was gonna take it for fluff anyway, because what kind of soldier doesn't let themselves go every now and then?
>>50499968
I have a wiki page. I updated my char when pile bunkers were new, but I never used him.
>>
>>50499968
>>50500000
Actually that's wrong. I thought about updating him, but looking at the page I never did it.

I'd, uh, rather not show the page, 'cause it's got 15-year-old-me writing scrawled all over it.
>>
>>50500000
there've been no major updates since then pile bunkers were introduced in 2.0
>>
>>50500053
Given >>50500040 this means there's been a major update, right? I'm happy to show the page if you want to look over it for yourself, and not take the word of a rusty newfag who never really knew what he was doing to begin with but please ignore the writing: http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Synapse?action=history

From what I can tell, I edited some grammar or something but never changed the suit.
>>
File: bee alive.png (115KB, 419x449px) Image search: [Google]
bee alive.png
115KB, 419x449px
>>50499101
I guess I could throw my name in for reserves
>>
>>50495501
>>50495549
Taking this into account, how viable would cutting the plasma blade and rail rifle out, and adding x2 magnetic phaser or x2 rocket pods be?
>>
>>50500276
Huh, this seems to be Armored Descent . I would recommend getting on the IRC Rizon and talking to Wolfrie if you want to play that, or just chat about it. Chat room #PACYOA. He normally always there.

You'll need to make a new suit entirely for PACYOA Teamwork
>>
>>50501066
It shouldn't be. I never read the AD manual.
>>
>>50499101
Since the newbie slots are taken, I'll put my name down for reserves.
>>
>>50500276
>>50501107
...well I'm just saying, if I'm reading YOUR sheet...that's a AD Faction your using.

Well, after furthering looking, I think it could work. Might need a second opinion though.
>>
File: 1399484828597.png (787KB, 668x1957px) Image search: [Google]
1399484828597.png
787KB, 668x1957px
>>50501331
>that's a AD Faction your using.
It was a really old TE faction. I don't know if people retroactively counted the old TE as AD, but AD is a tabletop system -- right?
>>
File: tmp_22570-Mistral-1097791052.gif (1MB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22570-Mistral-1097791052.gif
1MB, 256x360px
>>50501385
We should have a Desperado group in Phoenix really
Thread posts: 371
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.