[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can be some good uses for bombs that flash freezes shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 80840587.jpg (491KB, 2388x2132px) Image search: [Google]
80840587.jpg
491KB, 2388x2132px
What can be some good uses for bombs that flash freezes shit down to the bone instead of just a standard explosion? Why would a military reduce a city into a ice statue museum rather than just a crater? Would such a weapon be considered more or less cruel than regular bombings?
>>
>>50423253

Minimal damage to structures and infrastructure as opposed to having a crater to conquer.

Minimal opposition from occupying citizenry.

Cleanup is mostly done via evaporation or sweeping up shattered shards instead of hauling burnt bodies to a mass grave.

I can think of a lot of reasons, actually...
>>
>>50423253
Ice thaws. If it leaves buildings intact, and doesn't irradiate anything to boot, it'd be pretty useful.
>>
>>50423253
If it kills instantly, then no. If it really just froze everything instantly, then the person probably wouldn't even suffer that long.

Practical application seems iffy though. If the target has some biomatter or something that you would like to study at a later time, it may be useful to preserve it frozen until that time and not risk contamination.
>>
>>50423253
The same way good old chlorine is superior to regular bombing. It kills people but leaves infrastructure intact. If you intend to capture the land after bombing it, this is preferred.

> Why would a military reduce a city into a ice statue museum rather than just a crater?
Some Geneva Conventions loophole that makes this weaponry kosher.
>>
>>50423253

also, depending on the way the freezing happens, it could be instantly fatal. Rhis, I assume, would be more merciful than a bomb blowing off a limb or leaving someone with shrapnel embedded in them. Then again, if the freeze tech is shitty, you'd just end up with a lot of frostbite. Still, I'd say frostbite is easier to recover from than losing a limb or digit altogether.
>>
>>50423253
It's automatically better than standard bombs because it doesn't damage structures. It's not a standalone item, it's a great complement to the usual arsenal.

Death is death, by either freezing or exploding it's the same. Maybe a little less evil because you preserve the body for the funeral, but that's only better for the family.

Also, if left there, ice statues are more demoralizing than a small crater.
>>
>>50423253
because this is a magic setting and ice seems more "holy shit look how magical this is"
>>
>>50423307
Depending on how realistic you want to play the effects of freezing someone it doesn't even necessarily have to kill people.
>>
>>50423423
That sounds like the plot to a decent show. A entire country flash frozen in time and awakening 500 years later.
>>
Its the neutron bomb theory, if you want the infrastructure in tack but not the population you freeze them.(or irradiated)
Also in the case cities like vience the water ways are now crossable. If you can kill 90%of the population by freezing them you have time to move lots of them to cut down on spreadable viruses. You dont have to feed the population and you can use thermal vision to pinpoint hold outs even moving zombies or people in basements should show up easier.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.