[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

simi-hard scifi game: half chub-scifi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: luvis 3.jpg (244KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
luvis 3.jpg
244KB, 1280x720px
what would a galactic confederacy do? my idea is that planetary systems and even individual planets would have their own laws and government. The Confederacy is a lose body that stands in contrast to the typical "alliance" It basically enforces that other planets don't violate muh NAP even though some planets are very backwards.

what should be the situations in which they intervene?
>>
>>50419937
>Actually managing a government that spans multiple star systems let a lone a galaxy
>Even semi-hard sci-fi
I don't think so Tim.
>>
Depending on your tastes, here's a few from me:

>Combination NASA/ DMV/ National Highway Safety Board

They handle all the interplanetary travel rules. Stuff like how big the doors are, what they need to have to connect to specific places, as well as how the space ships are built and maintain. I mean, I can understand why people would like the ships to look like a lived in RV, but I'm sure most people here wouldn't want to live in them, and Planet California probably doesn't want to bend over backwards to accommodate the Rust Planets' aging and falling apart space ships.

A bit more next.
>>
>>50419937
Sooo
Traveller?
>>
>>50419992
Startrek had the UFP and that's the gold standard for semihard scifi. unless you wanna take the fictive element out all together. or if OP wants to go one step further into speculative fiction
>>
File: plague dogs shotgun scene.jpg (16KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
plague dogs shotgun scene.jpg
16KB, 320x214px
>>50420175
>Star trek
>semi-hard science fiction

>The setting where, mater to energy is solved, everyone FTLs, aliens just are just humans with a fake forehead, time travel and parallel dimension travel happens on a regular basis, trickster gods and energy beings fuck around all the time, and no matter what fucking happens they just make some shit up to solve the problem of the day "we can bounce a graviton beam off of the tachyon emitters to create an inverse polarity cascade reversing the temporal phenomona in localized space and therefore converting the phase inverters to phaser grids exposing the cloaked ships warp core to a gravometric implosion and stabalizing our temporal flux"

>Semi-hard
>sci-fi
>>
>>50419992
If it is just enforcement of a NAP, you could use a

>United Nations like Communications Group

The job would be to go to planets and solar systems and make sure everything is on the up and up. The group might not have power in itself, but it might just be a sort of early warning or scape goat group to let other planets know what's going on or to justify an invasion.

>Anti-Cyberpunk Dystopia Group

If you've read Cyberpunk and sci-fi stories, or just Eclipse Phase to condense them, you'd understand why a group of people would want to stop corporations from making actual Sheeple or letting AI nerve staple people. Yeah, there's a lot of great things you can do with the technology, but lots of planets would fund people to patrol the out of the way areas to make sure there isn't a space station out there working on a shrink virus to make people 3 inches tall.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.