[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guild Ball: Steamcon Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

Guild Ball: Steamcon Edition

I know there's a decent crowd of Guild Ball players here on /tg/, so I'm wondering if any of you are paying attention to Steamcon and all the news coming out from there.

We've got new cards for every existing player. The Engineers have been almost completely overhauled, and the Alchemists got a pretty significant rework too. Obulus and Silence both ate very sizable nerfs, and Avarisse & Greede lost the activation advantage that had made them tournament staples but instead now have a longer goal threat than any non-captain striker in the game. There's just absolute tons of changes on almost every card in the game; the number of unchanged players are probably in the single digits.

Here's the full set of cards, courtesy of Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/guildball/comments/5ewyqc/season_three_leaks/
>>
With over 5000 games played, Team Brisket has been announced to have won the Butcher's Civil War -- albeit by a margin of less than a percent. As a result of this, in season 3 the Butchers are going to be getting a new player -- no, not a captain! -- and that is Veteran Ox, the Master Butcher himself brought back into the fray.

Looks like a bitching model, too.
>>
More news on the Farmers guild has come out as well. They showed the models for a number of their lineup in the keynote presentation, as well as announcing the name of their captain: Thresher.

What is more interesting, though, is that they're moving the game towards preassembled hard plastic miniatures in the same production style as the Kickoff! miniatures. New guilds, including the Farmer's guild, are going to be sold in 6 player packs complete with cardboard tokens and health dials and everything you need to be able to play those characters right in the box. The idea is to be able to slot them in and out of the Kickoff! product interchangeably. Expansions to new guilds are going to apparently be medium sized boxes with 4 models in them. Is that how the Farmers will be? This they didn't say. 8 farmers, by other people's counting, have already been revealed, so to have the 6 + 4 lineup they'll need an extra two models yet unrevealed.
>>
And, of course, there are new players. They confirmed that each guild is going to get at least one completely new player in season 3. The Brewer's Pintpot and the Mason's Granite has already been shown, but here are the Fishermen's Hag and the Mortician's Brainpan & Memory.

Hag is said to have the ability to reposition models on the pitch, and Brainpan & Memory are a two model duo which probably use the same dual activation schema that the new Avarisse & Greede do.
>>
The Union will also be getting a *third* captain with season 3 -- a football oriented striker captain to compliment Blackheart's trickiness and Veteran Rage's murderfulness. The way they phrased this announcement, though, implied that only the Union and the Hunters will be getting additional captains in season 3, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a new set of captains for all of the guilds.

Of particular note here is the symbol behind her head. Someone asked in the Q&A session what that symbol is and why it was there instead of the usual Union symbol, and it was answered that that is the Solthecian symbol and that it wasn't there by mistake. Speculation has people thinking that maybe this has something to do with the hitherto unannounced mystery second new guild that season 3 will be bringing.

Additionally, if you look at Mist's season 3 card, you'll notice that Mist gains Shadowlike if he starts his activation within 6" of a friendly Solthecian. So, yeah, that's at least going to include this new striker captain. Between her, Mist, and the new Avarisse & Greede they could be a seriously dangerous ball team, man.
>>
File: Avarisse&Greede.jpg (1MB, 1405x1875px) Image search: [Google]
Avarisse&Greede.jpg
1MB, 1405x1875px
Anyways, there's tons more small stuff like all the specific changes to characters and the Black Friday sale and the new limited edition models, but I'm excited for the future. I'm a little miffed that the Hunters got nerfed (very slightly) despite being widely considered the worst team in the game, but right about now I'm super happy that I'm a Union player and I absolutely adore the new Avarisse and Greede.

Start the activation with the two detached. Avarisse has 3 influence and Greede has 1. One of the two has the ball.

Attach Greede to Avarisse at the start of the activation.
Sprint Avarisse 7".
Detach Greede in front of Avarisse, gaining 1.2" distance towards the goal because it's a 30mm model.
Use Avarisse's influence to pay for Where'd They Go? on Greede, dodging 4".
Use Avarisse's influence to pay for a sprint on Greede, advancing 6".
Use Greede's influence to pay for a 4 die kick at 6" distance.

7 + 1.2 + 4 + 6 + 6 = 24.2" goal threat. More than any non captain model in the game. And what's crazier is that you can actually shave 2" off that to tackle the ball and get a momentum by turning Avarisse's sprint into a charge and skipping the sprint for Greede. The 'Many Hands Make Light Work' rule all but guarantees that Avarisse will get a momentous tackle while he's holding Greede.

And on top of that, Avarisse is still Avarisse. He's still a beater with one of the best counterattacks in the game and doles out Singled Out like it's going out of business.
>>
>>50412095
For more Solthecian fun, Solthecian (ism?) is the religion vSpigot converted to when he sobered up. So it looks like we might be getting that church guild after all.

Another hunters spoiler in the q&a was there next captain. It is a female moon priestess. They also commented that "she likes to build snowmen."

So what did everyone get during the Black Friday sale. Thankfully my buddy managed to snag most of the stuff on my list. I got ltd honour, Ox, Midas, and mist, as well as the alchemist bundle and resin mist.

The thing I don't get about the bundle though is why it comes with the season two book and the season three version.

Also op, I've got the old guild ball generalsimo pic. Remind me to post it later.
>>
>>50413002
For the sale, I got the KS Shark, Blackheart and Tapper as well as LE Avarisse & Greede and LE Rage. I already had LE Mist from a tournament, so I now have four LE Union models which is just silly. Also got it all 40% off because they accidentally made the LE stuff get the sale in the first couple minutes of the sale.

Someone mentioned somewhere that the Butcher's civil war also has something to do with the Solthecians, but I haven't read any of the fluff in there to be honest. Something about Ox being held by them?
>>
File: bola de gremio.jpg (146KB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
bola de gremio.jpg
146KB, 888x500px
>>50413054
>KS Shark
Noice. Unfortunately they sold out before my friend could get one.

Also here's the old OP image.
>>
>>50413558
Yeah, Shark and Blackheart both sold out within 5 minutes. By the time I reloaded the page after putting my order in they were gone. I'm counting my lucky stars on those, very glad to be getting a model of Shark that doesn't look like he's recoiling after having stepped in dogshit.

Saved the image for potential future use, thanks.

What card changes are you most looking forward to playing with?
>>
>>50413632
For masons: Harmony, tower, and even marbles. A lot of people are bitching about marbles but you can actually get a ton of work out of him and brick. I hate what it does to list building with honour though. It flies in the face of what they were trying to do this season.

For butchers: BOAR, also meathook. I love boar and now he is so much better. I'm sad my waifu lost the civil war though :(

For alchemist: Just picked them up, but almost all of the changes look good. Especially merc, and midas. I get why a lot of people are saying about katalyst, but I think he still has a lot of his flavor (at least from a fluff point of view).

I'm a little sad they nerfed hammer though. I don't see why he need it. Also chisel didn't change much which was a little disappointing.

Which ones are you looking forward to? I haven't looked at fish much.
>>
>>50413751
Hammer can join the team with Theron. The two can hang out in the "why in the hell did we get nerfed" corner of the clubhouse. Although, all things told Hammer's nerf was definitely the harsher of the two.

Personally I can't wait to field test the new Union. Blackheart went from being a boring one dimensional captain to one of the most obnoxious and trickster-like captains in the game, Minx and Harry both turned into absolute monsters, and while A&G are weaker than they were they look way more fun to play. Of course, Coin and Mist got nerfed as well, but lets be honest they both definitely deserved it. Gutter shall be mourned, though.

The Fish really didn't get any meaningful changes, honestly. Kraken got some pushes and a point of def, and Angel lost tactical advice and her salt support but gained a point of def as well and that's about it. The Fish will remain the Fish we all knew moving into s3.

The Brewers also didn't really change much. Tapper got toned down, as did Friday slightly, Stoker got made playable and Mash got a neat new character play instead of the new Long Bomb. The Harry change, honestly, is more interesting for them than their own changes. Esters, Quaff, Mash, Friday, Vet Spigot, Harry the Hat... Now that's a fucking football team, I tell you what.

The Hunters are the last team I own, and I am a little salty at their complete lack of change. The Seenah change is good, and makes bringing the bear a possibility, and they do really benefit from the Minx change as well, but most of the core hunters are just plain bad and got no real changes. It'll be fun to try a blitzdown style build, something like Theron, Fahad, Jaecar, Chaska, Seenah, Minx but outside of that I honestly see myself shelving the Hunters until they get some actual love and attention.
>>
>>50414024
Ive never really used union models all that much. The only one I've own at the moment is Minx, and I thought she was pretty good before. Mostly as a inf battery and as winger support for flint. Now she's bonkers.

I never thought A&G were that good. Ya you get the extra activation but greede dies so easily and is just free points. I also wasn't a big fan of gutter just because if she missed her hook it could really mess up your plans in a turn. The fact that it can "auto hit" on 3 hits now and its gone up to 6" is pretty nice. Its a bit harder to set up now but it might actually try her out now. And ya coin and mist had it coming.

For hunters though the Hearne change was nice. It actually makes him a half decent goal threat. Get hearne the ball and either have him dodge, after receiving, towards a bit of forest, or have zarola MO him over. Hearne then goes, forest walk to the edge closest to their goal and sprint and kick. You can also try and get theron to place a forest near it. The max distance you could get with therons aoe's is: 4 (forest walk) + 3 (forest aoe) + 1.5~ (40mm base) + 6 sprint + 6" kick = 20.5~ goal threat.
>>
>>50414378
So, the reason A&G were so good is because it allows you to "bottom and top" to get multiple very safe consecutive activations from high value players. You load up a powerful - in whatever way - character and hold them back until the end of the turn, and A&G guarantees you'll get the last activation if your opponent doesn't have them (or get two in a row if you have them and they don't and you went second that turn), and then you activate that character, do a whole bunch of nasty shit and gain a bunch of momentum which lets you win initiative next turn. You then load that character up again, activate them first again, do a whole bunch more nasty shit, and then basically win the game off of that string of plays. His popularity reached the point to where the US Nationals top 8 had every single player fielding A&G in every single match, and it would honestly surprise me if that isn't the case tomorrow in the World Championships.

As for Hearne, honestly he's worse off now than he's ever been. The extra 2" is nice and will greatly help in moving the ball around backfield, but his goal threat actually took a giant nosedive because of Theron's nerf. Used to be, Theron could place his forest whenever he wanted in his activation -- but now Theron has to place it at the beginning of his activation. Meaning, Theron has to end his previous activation in the right position to be able to place the forest that Hearne needs for his current activation. It basically just straightjackets the combo something hard. If you don't run them side by side then the magical teleporting forest man shenanigans are going to be severely restricted, and Hearne prefers to be on the wings picking off isolated targets while Theron wants to be near the center of the pitch, so... yeah... I've played about two dozen games with Hunters, about half of which had Hearne in the lineup, and I'm not certain I ever once pulled off the Hearne goal drive. It's just too telegraphed.
>>
Hunters got absolutely fucked.

I was happy with other changes through.
>>
>>50414561
Oh, no I understand that part. It's pretty much my main playstyle. The mallet/chisel middle does the same thing, but normally I do something else. Essentially I do the same thing only I gain activation control through attrition. My favorite captains at the moment are fillet and hammer because I can load them up and almost certainly kill a player a turn. For the first turn I generally give them the ball if I'm kicking off so they can get up the field. If I'm receiving I'll kick them the ball for the dodge. Then, at the end of the turn, try to murder whoever is within range. And try to win initiative for the second turn. If I win initiative i'll load up hammer wait for my opponent to load up their heavy hitter, then charge hammer into them. Not only Taking out an activation, but also removing a good chunk of influence while generating a healthy amount of momentum. Unfortunately I'm probably going to have to change this strat going into season 3. At least with hammer.

I see the argument for A&G but I've always thought that the risk outweighed the reward. Especially against some like alchemist who can easily kill greede turn one with smoke.

As far as the hunters guild goes, I think Zarola's midnight offering can fix a lot of that. I know she's not the best model out there but the free jog can help a lot. I don't play hunters though so take it with a grain of salt, but hunters are very prevalent in my area. Also Hearne is really good. The shear flexibility in movement he gets from tree walk is huge. The fact that it's free is nuts. From what I've seen of hunters they seem to really value hit and run tactics. Charge in, do some damage and run away. Either with back to the shadows or forest walk.
>>
>>50412019
Looks good.
>>
>>50412316

> Midget
> TAC 7

Uhhhhh
>>
>>50417730
He's a (formerly) crazy little bastard.
>>
So wait. this means that minis will all be made from plastic instead of metal as they used ot be?
what's the quality of the plastic models?
>>
>>50419210
Supposedly better than most metals and even resins.
>>
>>50419334
any offical release date?
also what if I missed the previous seasons? I mean if I want to start with the game now should I just pick Season 3 onwards and ignore S1 and S2?
>>
>>50419679
Its looking like everything from the farmers guild on wards will be in plastic. Idk if they're still doing metal. I hope they do.

Missing the seasons doesn't really matter. They're essentially just release waves. Season 1 was the first wave of guilds. Season 2 introduced a new guild and about 4 models for every other guild. Season 3 will introduce 2 guilds that we have an idea of and some more models for older guilds.

All the models out there are usable and you should get them for your chosen guild. However I will say that in season three they did a lot of re-balancing and re-did a lot of cards. So You're probably going to have to pick up the new season 3 card set when that comes out in addition to the models.
>>
What happened to Hunters? they are still crap (oh excuse me, wonky to work with?)?
>>
>>50419781
Mostly they didn't change. Seenha got better. Theron lost forest sight, and his forest ability can only be used at the start of his turn. Hearne got [+0/+2"] to his kick, and that was about it.
>>
>>50419761
boi I can't wait to put my dirty hands on a Kick-off! box. maybe with this changes (plastic minis should mean cheaper packs and such) I'll be able to get more teams assembled for variety sake and also for demos.
>>
As someone that was largely ambivalent but mildly interested previously, having plastic quick pakcs of teams is likely to push me over into picking up a team.

Price dependant, of course.

Great shout from the company.
>>
>>50419761
Do you think steamforged will re-release season 1 and 2 minis in plastic
>>
>>50420152
I have no idea. I don't even know if season 3+ models will be in metal. Its just something we're going to have to wait for. They might have answered this in the q&a section of their keynote but I had a hard time making it out. Supposedly they're doing a youtube version of the keynote so it might be in there.
>>
>>50411951
Guildball sucks, seems like everyone I play focuses on bashing rather than the ball
>>
>>50420305

>>50420144 here again - one of the things that has kept me out so far is that thanks to the AP economy of it, beating the shit out of the other team is usually the best plan, with scoring happening once a sufficiently large AP advantage has been generated.

It seems like you can tank damage reasonably well and then they've burned too many resources to stop you scoring, but I don't hear about games working out so that hitting things is a peripheral part of the game, rather than it's focus.

Blood Bolw problem all over again.
>>
So have they announced when the season 3 rules will be available? Amerifag here and I can't wait to get my hands on the new cards and new rules book
>>
>>50420377
>>50420305
Really it depends on the layout of the game, how the teams that are playing are built, and how you choose to play.

My normal team for masons is Hammer, wrecker, brick, flint, mallet and minx. I generally shoot for a 4-1 win. 4 take outs and 1 goal. Between flint and hammer its pretty easy to score a goal and get 4 points. I choose to go for 4 take outs mostly because I find it more fun. If I wanted to focus on scoring I would switch mallet out for mist. This would give me 3 very capable strikers (hammer, flint, mist) a good ball retriever (minx), protection (brick), and model that can open up lanes for free (wrecker). This would make for a very efficient goal oriented team.

There are also teams that would are just generally more goal focused by design. Such as alchemist, fish, and engineers. Where they generally shoot for 2-2 victories or even 0-3. If those teams aren't very prevalent in your area it might just be because your players who switched over from another game are still approaching it with a 40k/warmahordes/etc mindset.

>>50420440
The stat cards should be out tomorrow. I think the rules are coming out at the same time but idk.
>>
>>50420562
Checked online looks like the cards will ship on Jan. 20th those cruel Brit bastards.
>>
>>50421219
I meant they should be up digitally tomorrow. As for the physical ones. Ya I agree.
>>
Anyone from south'murica plays GB?
>>
>>50420377
Honestly, it definitely depends on the team. The fastest winning teams actually win by playing ball -- the Fish will often win on turn 2 by putting three balls into the goal.

They definitely made a concerted effort to push the game a little bit more towards playing ball in season 3, though. Almost every guild got a little better at scoring goals.
>>
>>50421925
And fish didn't get better at killling
>>
>>50422368
They aren't supposed to win through beat down. They can still win through take outs but that's by pushing people around and pushing them off the edge. That's why they gave kraken more pushes. They're supposed to be an 0-3 team or sometimes a 2-2 team.
>>
>>50422368
If anything, the Gutter nerf seriously hurt them in that regard. You would see Corsair builds bring Gutter often as they make a great team and then try to win off 2 takeouts 2 goals, but the new Gutter is practically a kitten compared to the old Gutter in that role.
>>
>>50422640
I have actually lost a game to Corsair led fish where they got 0 goals and 6 take outs. I managed to shut down all of their goal drives, but Corsair just kept collecting models with harpoon and then knocking them down and Gutter just kept spinning to win and I couldn't stop both of those things.

Shark led fish, though? Yeah, they've got the offensive presence of a newborn puppy.
>>
>>50422878
I'm not saying its not possible. My friend runs a fighting fish team that's preformed decently well. But when you have a good murder ball going with drags from Corisar, kraken, and gutter you can have a nice meat grinder. But its a very specific list, not the over all faction.

And I kind of disagree with your second statement, although I think its probably just a phrasing issues. Offensive presence =/= damage output. Fish have great board control through pushes, minus to move, and drag like abilities. If the fighting is in the center they can use their cc abilities to drag down the enemies ability to move. Pair this with someone like fang tooth and you can create a tar pit that is hell to get out of. Alternatively if your opponent gets close to the edge they could end up getting shoved off the field by someone like jac. But ya as far as fish playing like the butchers, its not their main focus.

My friends also been telling me about another type of strat where shark isn't used as a striker and is used more as a momentum generator and tar pit/distraction in the center.
>>
>>50423111
Shark actually does make a fantastic control piece, yeah. He used to be even better at it in season 1, but then they made Gut & String P range so it has to apply to the person he attacked. Before that he would attack some weak model and hand out Gut & Strings at range like they were made of candy.
>>
>last game
>Ox Butchers
>Mfw I popped my legendary, got Butchery, and had Meathook activate and catch 3 take outs with her Scything Blows
>>
File: purrfect.png (251KB, 403x434px) Image search: [Google]
purrfect.png
251KB, 403x434px
>that feel when no high quality pornography of any players
Goddamnit, there are like a million high quality Waifus in this game.
>>
>>50423981
Was it season 1 meathook, or season 3?

>>50424013
You know the rules of this land, anon. You know what must be done. Desu vult
>>
>>50424013
Fillet/Meathook first!!!
>>
>>50413054
Fug there was way to get a good looking shark without dropping insane dosh agian.
>>
File: Obulous.png (541KB, 479x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Obulous.png
541KB, 479x1000px
All hail Obulous, the undisputed king of Guild Ball. May his reign be long and fruitful.

World Championships have now concluded. The top three were:

1st: Tim (last name?), from Germany, with Obulous led Morticians
2nd: Jordan Nach, from the US, with Obulous led Morticians
3rd: Stephen Easton, from the UK, with Smoke led Alchemists
>>
>>50425448
>obulous
>obulous
>smoke

At least it wasn't all obulous this time.
>>
>>50425517
The tournament consisted of 4 morticians players, 1 alchemist, 1 butcher, 1 fishermen and 1 union. The top four had three of those morticians and the alchemist.

As salty as the morts might be about their season 3 changes, I think this pretty clearly shows that they deserved some toning down.

Also, I do think this is some great comeuppance to the Brits. When news came out that the morts swept the US Nationals they got all uppity saying about how underdeveloped the US meta must be cause nobody even plays morts over their since they can't compete with Fillet or Smoke. And then comes the world championships and surprise surprise, the morts sweep it too. Show's 'em right.
>>
>>50425448
Actually, I would like to apologize, Stephen Easton was *not* from the UK, he was actually from the US and qualified in the last chance qualifiers.

Which means that the UK didn't even place. Too bad, so sad.
>>
So what list did everyone play in season 2? How are you going to alter it in season 3?
>>
>>50427061
Hmm, so, for my four teams...

>Hunters
I've been playing mostly Theron / Fahad / Jaecar / Chaska / Egret / Hearne, but with Hearne becoming less flexible and Egret becoming less viable (due to the mascot change -- being a specialized mascot killer ain't worth shit if mascots are worth 1 VP and come right back on the pitch) I see myself switching to a much more aggressive rushdown style game. Theron / Fahad / Jaecar / Chaska / Seenah / Minx seems really, really dangerous -- four of those players can snare people, and both animals do extra damage against snared targets. Three instances of Furious helps offset the 11 influence stat, and literally every one of those characters has high damage potential so it'd be a very very cagey fight.

>Union
While I've always found Blackheart to be strong, I've hated how boring he is and so lately I've been playing Veteran Rage. My favorite list for him is probably Veteran Rage / Coin / Gutter / Avarisse & Greede / Decimate / Mist. It is an incredibly influence greedy team, what with every single one of those players (except Avarisse) wanting 4 inf each turn, but it can make some explosive plays and is surprisingly good at football. Usually this team wins 2-2, oddly enough; Veteran Rage is a great support piece for a football game, as he generates goddamn bucketloads of momentum and very strongly controls the center of the pitch so Mist doesn't have to float around the edge and can be much more effective.

For season three... Fucking hell, it's all so good. V. Rage / Strongbox / A&G / Mist / Harry / Minx is just going to be such a fucking beastly team. Strongbox benefits so much from the new mascot changes, and both Harry and Minx are absolutely amazing in a V. Rage team. I'm not sure if Mist still earns his spot here, as dropping Decimate and Gutter means the entire rest of the team is a 2/6" kick so passes are going to be a lot worse off, plus A&G can pull off that surprise goal role, but it'll take some games to see.
>>
>>50427061
>>50427365
Plus, of course, Blackheart is now super fun and completely new, so playing him will be great too.

>Fishermen
I don't really see much of a change here. Corsair & Gutter got a divorce, as did Shark & Angel, and Kraken did get a little better, but really it's the same fish. Shark / Salt / Sakana / Greyscales / Kraken / Siren is what I usually gravitate towards and I don't see that changing much. I could see a Corsair / Kraken / Veteran Siren core being very very solid center of the board black hole, and maybe that'll be good too.

>Brewers
I've always leaned towards a footbally build with my Brewers and god did they get a lot of love in season 3. I've had a lot of fun playing Esters / Quaff / Friday / Mash / Spigot / Stave and while I've really wanted to try the new Veteran Spigot I just couldn't stomach losing that solid backline support model. Enter Harry the motherfucking Hat. I could absolutely see something disgusting like Esters / Quaff / Friday / Mash / Veteran Spigot / Harry being all kinds of fun, although to be fair I think I'd rather drop Friday for the new Stoker there because let's be honest you really don't need three strikers on the field and the new Stoker makes a great beater when backed up by Esters and Harry. Brewers have always been quite fun, but I see them being even more so in season three.
>>
>>50411979

Do we know what the difference would have been if Fillet had won?

Also
>Vet Ox
>not a captain
>can only be played with Fillet as captain

What does that mean for Fillet 'losing'? Captain Brisket in the future maybe? Also I can't imagine Ox is too happy with Boar.
>>
>>50427660
>Do we know what the difference would have been if Fillet had won?
Somebody asked in the Q&A what would've happened if Fillet had won and they clammed up. I think it's safe to say we wouldn't see Ox back, though. That would make absolutely no sense, story-line ways.

As for the new Ox only being playable under Fillet, yeah uh that's pretty danged weird I agree. But I guess she is officially the captain now, so he'll serve her or something? Boar's a walking dead man, though, you're right on that.
>>
>>50427061
My four teams are Masons, butchers, brewers, and alchemist.

For masons my main team for the past few months has been Hammer / Wrecker / Flint / Brick / Mallet / Minx. The team has been doing great so far, but I'm probably going to swap it to Hammer / Marbels / Flint / Brick / Tower / Minx. The core is still the same. Brick is still Brick and have the threat of counter charge is immense. Especially since it cost nothing while I get 2 influence to feed to hammer. Minx just got straight up better. Flint and hammer got nerfed but they can still get their jobs done. Now they just use less influence to do it. Tower brings tooled up which hammer is going to need now that he can't afford to waste influence on a low hit attack. His other abilities are also great. A lot of people bitch about marbles but having two models with counter charge is no joke. Honestly I wish the range for going ape was [6"] instead of 4 but eh.

Seriously you set marbles 4" in front of brick. With brick hanging near the goal. Someone wants to tie up marbles? Brick charges and knocks them down and pushes them back, freeing up marbles. Meanwhile marbles is free to cover the rest of the team as they move into the center. In order for someone to engage both of them, they need to move in a very particular path in order to get in between them without triggering a free strike.

For butchers, its been awhile since I've played them... Mostly just been focusing on Masons. My team was pretty much Fillet / princess / boiler / brisket / Shank / Boar. I know Boar isn't the greatest (in season 2) but he's just so much fun. Not sure what I'll run in season 3. Probably Fillet / Princess / Boiler / Meathook / Minx / Shank. The problem is this team is very hunger for inf. You can fully fuel Fillet, MH, and Shank, with the influence from minx and boiler, and use the influence from princess to let boiler tool someone up. So it can work, but it creates some awkward situations when you want to fuel boiler.
>>
>>50427701
What happened between Boar and Ox? I thought Boar was pro Ox? And ya I'm willing to bet its gunna be brisket as the next captain.
>>
>>50427883
As far as my other two teams go.

I haven't really touched my brewers since I got them. Been on a very big Masons binge. Also haven't really looked at their updated cards. I still find it hard to believe that people are still complaining about stave. His barrel is insane. It's a ranged, aoe knockdown, that increase your other models threat range.

For alchemist I just picked them up so idk at the moment. Got the bundle and Smoke so we'll see where it goes. Smoke seemed like she was more interesting than Midas, so I'll probably start with her. Maybe Smoke / Flask / Mercury / Vitriol / vBane / and idk maybe decimate for momentum generation.
>>
>>50427903

Boar abandoned Ox when the church enforcers came to get him. He uses Ox's "death" as a platform to try to gain control of the Butcher's guild, saying that he tried to save Ox but couldn't. Ox being alive means not only that Boar lied to everyone, but that the truth puts him against the Ox supporters like Brisket.
>>
>>
>>50428949
'murica/freedom guild in GB when?
>>
>>50428962
Jordan Nach, the US Nationals Champion, did his best at the championships. That's his Obulous. He painted it just for the championships. Fuckin' hilarious, if you ask me.
>>
>>50428979
you have pics?
>>
>>50428989
That's from the stream on Twitch. They have archived versions up on to watch, if you want.

The final is fucking savage, by the way. Poor Jordan. Not a good day when you start at 8 to 2 at the top of turn 2.
>>
File: [scores 6 points in American].png (79KB, 165x181px) Image search: [Google]
[scores 6 points in American].png
79KB, 165x181px
Caught a better view on it.
>>
>>50429146
true patriot / 10
>>
Oh man, apparently he painted Dirge as a bald eagle too according to the commentators. Couldn't get a good picture of it, though.
>>
Old player coming back for S3, what's the rundown of the Butcher changes?
>>
>>50429521
Meathook gets a huge buff. She becomes a completely different model practically. People who have tried her say that she's not a straight out auto-include but she's a strong contender.

Boar got some very nice buffs. He's tankier, and also a little bit more dangerous.

Minx and Harry the Hat, two Union models that the Butchers can bring, also got enormous buffs like Meathook did and are both quite viable for the Butchers to take.

Ox's buffs became guild only, meaning Union models don't benefit from Ox any more.

Gutter got a very sizable nerf, which combined with the above means she is probably not a good pick for the Butchers any more. Which is a shame.

Fillet, the season 2 captain, got a bit of a nerf, but not an overwhelming one.

Brisket and Shank got small but meaningful nerfs. Brisket lost Attack Support [Princess], and Shank went to 2/3 influence so he's less explosive.

Mascots are now only worth 1 point when you take them out, so mascot hunting is nowhere near as potent as it used to be. This does mean that Princess / Truffles can participate more freely, but it also means that the Butchers are going to need to source additional VPs to make up that difference.

The Icy Sponge rule got revamped, and now models come back on the pitch with more hit points and can't be held off the pitch to heal them up further. For most models, the new single Icy Sponge mark on their new cards is about halfway between the 1 and the 2 sponge marks on their old cards. This makes sniping freshly returned players harder, and is expected to have a significant impact on how takeout oriented teams like Butchers win games.

Overall, I would say that the Butchers took a modest but generally acceptable nerf. They've got a lot of new toys, but their really good toys got toned down a bit. They were one of the most successful guilds in tournaments, albeit nowhere near the success of season 1 Union or season 2 Morticians, so it was a little deserved.
>>
>>50426059
even better news. If only he went for the Obulous
>>
>>50431628
So what do people think of the obulus nerfs? Will it open up the meta?
>>
File: 1468265044009.png (222KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
1468265044009.png
222KB, 480x452px
>>50420305
>Play Midas alchemists
>Do both
>>
>>50424869
Season 3, she's nuts now
>>
>>50425680
>Nobody plays morts
>Mfw out of my playgroup of 20 players, 6 and myself play Morts along with other guilds
Boi
>>
>>50435358
>playgroup of 20
I'm jelly anon. My group consists of 3 & 1/2 players. One of them only shows up every now and again.

We've got every team between us though, but unfortunately we only have so many play styles.
>>
>>50436634
It's because of the huge Warmachine community out here, we have a load of people enjoying Guild Ball after the MkIII rule set.
>>
>>50425019
Nah M8, Smoke/Calculus, your ship is shit, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
>>
>>50436689
unfortunately its the opposite out here. I switched over because of the Mk III changes, and also because guild ball is just great. Unfortunately everyone just doesn't want to get into a new game :/
>>
>>50437035
Lame anon, maybe with the plastic teams, the price will be so low they'd be tempted. The best thing to do, is learn the rules really well, have 2 guilds, and teach.
>>
>>50437059
oh don't worry. Between the four of us that play we have every team in the game, and more than a few over laps. We've even got a pundit. And everyone of us more than happy to demo or lend a team to a potential new player. Hopefully the other people will eventually just get bored of warmahordes.
>>
>>50434451
Season 3 morts are gonna be a lot more manageable, yeah. They're a lot more fragile, having lost health almost completely across the board, Silence is no longer the utter monster he once was, and Obulus effectively lost two influence off his cap meaning his ability to make absolutely absurd plays has decreased enormously. Dropping to 7 inf total AND losing the refund on puppet master is brutal to that 6 VP activation that he relies on so so much.
>>
Are the new plastics going to use the same kind of plastic that the Kick Off figures are made out of?
>>
>>50440203
Yes, the same kind of upscaled hard PVC that Kickoff uses. They have said that they will be of a better quality than the Kickoff figures. One big difference is that the Kickoff figures were initially sculpted for production in metal and then adapted to the new PVC plastic production method, so there are a couple odd details that didn't translate as well, whereas the new figures are going to be designed for PVC from the get-go.
>>
>>50440398
Hopefully the new plastic figures enjoy the much lower price that the Kick Off figures did. I will wait to hear the judgment on them when they come.
>>
I've taken brief looks are guildball but I've never found a team that I actually want to collect. I'll love some models but then there's others that I really hate in the same guild.

I think I really just dislike human faces in their artsyle as all of the models that I like don't have them. What guilds should I be looking at? How do they play?
>>
>>50440696
So... what, you're looking for a team that doesn't have a lot of visible faces on their models? I'm not sure what you're asking for here, sorry.
>>
>>50440755
Pretty much, aye.
>>
>>50440696
>>50440767
Alchemists. Snip the heads, replace with Max Mini Chem Trooper heads. You don't have to for 2 of the players.
>>
Im new to guild ball and so far i really like the brewers guild had their metal models for a bit but now the plastic kit is out im more excited, are they good for competitive gaming?
>>
>>50440853
Brewers are pretty good. Your only real shit model is that fat one, with the barrel bomb. However, you have great KD results, some good strikers, and are really durable.
>>
>>50440767
Uh, okay.

So, masked players / non-human players...

Union:
>Decimate
>Mist
>Fangtooth
>Minx
>Snakeskin

Alchemists
>Katalyst
>Veteran Katalyst
>Venin
>Compound
>Mist / Snakeskin / Decimate for their Union pick

Brewers
>Mash
>Stoker
>Fangtooth for their Union pick

Butchers
>Tenderiser
>Minx / Decimate for their Union pick

Engineers
>Pin Vice
>Hoist
>Velocity
>Veteran Velocity
>Compound
>Decimate for their Union pick

Fishermen
Nobody.
>Snakeskin / Fangtooth for their Union pick

Hunters
>Seenah
>Minx for their Union pick

Masons
Nobody.
>Minx / Decimate / Mist / Snakeskin for their Union pick

Morticians
>Scalpel
>Ghast
>Mist / Minx / Fangtooth for their Union pick

Engineers and Union are definitely the standouts there. You could definitely make viable teams out of just masked / covered face characters there. I didn't include mascots in this list, of course, since they're all animals, of course.
>>
>>50440906
wicked
>>
Guild ballis the worst game i have everplayed
>>
So new to Guild Ball. Have Kick Off! coming in soon. Are there any good sources for video tutorials or good video for battle reports? I've read over the rulebook but I'm bit more of a visual learner.
>>
>>50442227
There are some match reports on Youtube, but I can't really vouch for their quality. I usually just listen to Guild Ball podcasts, so I can recommend those but I don't really watch match reports. I'm sure if you poke around Youtube enough you can find some good matches featuring the masons and / or brewers though.
>>
File: S3 Plot Cards.png (785KB, 833x885px) Image search: [Google]
S3 Plot Cards.png
785KB, 833x885px
Bumping with new content.
>>
>>50424013
>>50425019

>No Siren
>>
File: S3 Plot Cards larger.png (1MB, 1635x1513px) Image search: [Google]
S3 Plot Cards larger.png
1MB, 1635x1513px
>>50444709
Shit, that's tiny. Let's try this again.

SO. We've got new season 3 plot cards. But, before we can even really talk about those, we have to acknowledge that two of the season 2 plot cards have officially ascended into core rules territory, and that would be Home Crowd and Tap In. Now, you always get that TN decrease on goal shots if you're within 4" of the goal, and you always get a bonus momentum if you lose the initiative roll and have to activate second. Fan-fucking-tastic.

So, let's talk about these, though.

>Heroic Landing
It's a free MP if you use a heroic play. You need to have an MP in order to get this, though, so it's not going to magically make you able to do counterattacks etc when you wouldn't otherwise be able to, so no gotchas. Still, MPs are MPs, and if you're playing a build that relies on heroic plays then this is a seriously good model.

>Super Fan
This is an incredibly dangerous card in the hands of a ball oriented team. With this you are able to formulate a 100% accurate plan to pull off a counter-score. No need to risk that kick scatter. Complete precision. That said, for builds that don't have amazing counter scoring capability this isn't so hot.

>Field Dressing
Basically another free MP. You basically get two heals for the price of one. I can see this being good against dedicated beater teams, but overall I'm not a huge fan of this. I hate using Come On Mate! because it's so inefficient and costly.

>Sic 'Em
Free Furious on your mascot for a turn. Holy hell. Having played Hunters I can vouch for how crazy mascots can get with charges; those playbooks are stupid short and wrap very easily. This is an incredible card for teams with mascots that have good playbooks, and has a strong 'gotcha' element in that it enables you to do something that, on the board, it doesn't look like you can.
>>
>>50444896
>Good Marker
Very strong synergy with control oriented character plays. Being able to use something like Goad from further away and then retreat to make it even nastier is really brutal. And, it has that excellent 'gotcha' element where it enables you to make a play that on the board isn't strictly possible. That's always a strong thing for a plot card.

>Composure
This makes getting the ball out of a hairy situation that much easier. I'm not a huge fan of trying to pass out of a melee, but getting two extra dice to do so can help when plans go wrong. It's just a shame that it doesn't help with passing into a melee. Dedicated ball teams will like this, especially considering it will allow the kicker to make a 4" dodge to disengage if they succeed the pass. Definitely has a 'gotcha' element too.

>Match Fixing
This is totally unique. We've all seen a good kick-scatter let someone win the game, and we've all seen a bad kick-scatter cause someone to lose the game. Forcing a reroll on a kick-scatter to push it the other way sounds really powerful, but there is always that worry that it's not going to ever get used this time. This one I'll have to see in play to judge.

>Wingback
Saving an influence is always incredible. Depends a lot on your team; not every team is even going to have a model that far in the wings. Very strong 'gotcha' element, too. Suddenly allowing a character on 1 inf to charge when they couldn't before can change things immediately. I personally love this one, and will probably pick it in almost any game I see it.

>Brace for Impact
It's like super defensive stance. This feels more circumstantial than the other cards. It can really soften the blow on some nasty charge, but at the same time negating a push and a damage is pretty eh for a plot card.
>>
>>50445015
>Knee Slider
A season 1 card returning to the fold, this shit is bonkers. This will be an instant pick for any ball oriented team. Being able to double back 7-9 inches after scoring a goal means you don't even have to piece trade to get goals. This was an amazing card in s1 and will remain an amazing card in s3.

>Man Marking
Another returning card from season 1, this card is going to significantly affect how I, at least, will be playing the game. If I'm playing a beater team and I don't see Man Marking in the 5 plot cards I get to choose from you'd better believe I'm going to play my captain a hell of a lot more conservatively than otherwise. Even if it's not a beater team, if I see them really chomping at the bit to TO my captain then I'm out of there. Two influence is a huge deal. It's not an easy card to trigger, but if it does then it could very easily win you the game.

>Who Are Ya?
The third and final returning season 1 card, this one never really made huge waves but it is nice. It does basically guarantee death on whatever model just scored that goal, but most of the time that's the expected outcome anyways. I'm not super thrilled, but it's not bad.

Overall, in my opinion this is far and away the best set of plot yet revealed. There's nothing here that strikes me as incredibly overpowered (hello Don't Touch The Hair) or incredibly useless (Husbandry). Almost every single one of these is adequately powerful but situational. I do not think we're going to see the same 6 plot cards picked in every single game any more like we did in seasons 1 and 2. Honestly, this is probably my favorite part of the season 3 reveal so far. It's good shit.
>>
>>50444734
>not wanting that sweet sweet sisterly love of harmony and honour
>>
>>50445909
>second manga features Hammer & Harmony NTR
>>
>>50445933
I'm ok with this.
>>
>>50444896
I really like sic em. Adds a lot to certain mascots, like wrecker. Who has a momentous kd on 2.
>>
>>50446484
>Avarisse puts Singled Out and KD on a target
>Tapper uses Old Jakes
>Spigot uses Tooled Up
>Scum activates, drop Sic 'Em, charge with 11+ dice, get 7 successes for a triple wrap, do 8 damage and gain two momentum
>Follow up with standing attacks at 7+ dice, with 4 successes netting 5 momentous damage and 5 successes making that 6 damage and two momentum
>The cat that had no influence on it at the start of the turn manages to deal ~19 damage and generate ~6 momentum on its activation
>>
>>50446522
Fuck me I forgot Commanding Aura, too. That makes that scenario somewhere around 26 damage.

Jesus Christ That Fucking Cat.

Step aside Hooper, we've found a better damage dealer.
>>
Last part of the Butchers civil war is up.

http://steamforged.com/butcher-civil-war
>>
>>50448169
Still can't believe brisket manged to pull ahead.
>>
>>50442227
I think Steamforged games has a whole set of video tutorials on their YouTube channel. GB informer had some good videos but idk if they've made a new one in awhile. Guerrilla war gaming (or is it miniature gaming) have a couple and the quality is pretty decent.
>>
>>50427365
>Theron / Fahad / Jaecar / Chaska / Seenah / Minx
That's a pretty disgusting team. I'm not 100% on chaska though. Most of the games I've seen him in he just ends up squating in a peice of rough terrain. Hoping someone comes within boom stick range. I think hearne would be better over all for momentum generation, surprise goal shots, and can get a range snare via his pin move (can't remember the name atm).
>>
File: Chaska with 4 inf and a Blessing.jpg (125KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Chaska with 4 inf and a Blessing.jpg
125KB, 1440x1080px
>>50450935
Chaska's such a polarizing model, isn't he? Honestly I find him to be (slightly) better than Jaecar; the guy is MVP for days for me. I mean, sure, Jaecar generates more momentum and has a more obvious effect on the game but Chaska just gives me so much control over the pitch. I've gotten so many takeouts from his double/trip tap with the shotgun that he's actually gained a reputation in my playgroup for it. I don't always load him up, mind you; most turns he gets 2 or even 0 influence and I'll use his shotgun to disengage enemy models and use his traps to zone people out of key movement lanes but when the time comes he gets those 4 influence and that blessing and then, well, pic related.
>>
>>50451146
>pic related
Kek

I feel like that's pretty accurate statement about the hunters in general. There's a lot of finesse when it comes to their players. Hearne, I feel, is very hit and miss with most people. For chaska though it could just be that I've got a small group, and the local hunters haven't really figured him out. I can definitely see where you're coming from though. Plus his additional inf over hearne is nice when this list is pretty starved.
>>
>>50448733
was rigged probably.
>>
>>50451874
Yeah, Hearne is one of those models I haven't figured out myself. He looks fantastic on paper, but in practice he just flails about and accomplishes very little. I keep trying to play him, though, because apparently I'm some sort of abused spouse of the Hunters'.
>>
>>50454144
I see him as a good hit and run model. Charging in, beating someone up, throwing skewered, and/or singled out. Than forest walking out of range of the other team. Then seehna/jaecar/fahaad comes in to finish the job.

Between his large base and 2" reach its not that hard to engage someone while being close to a forest.
>>
So as a Fish player is it ok for me to be salty about how shit Salt is? Also has anyone tried Tentacles yet I've been thinking about trying him out.
>>
>>50457255
no, coming from a guy who is really good with shark. salt is outstanding. just dont expect him to do something he cant. make him crowd out, get in the way. stop charges. get the ball back. unless your playing corsair. and want an extra dice on most attacks, salt is good.
>>
>>50457332
I think it might be just the over saturation of Butchers in my area because whenever i try to get cheeky with Salt he just turns into a mario kart booster pad for Fillet. Anyone have any notable s3 changes for Fish? I haven't seen any spoilers other than Salt and Kraken
>>
>>50457445
salt is now worth 1 vp so even killing him a bit shit, do a def stance on the charge and shes going to be struggling to even kill him, let alone getting dodges.
>>
>>50457445
They posted all the updated cards if you're interested. From what my fish friend has told me they haven't changed much. I think they tweaked corsair a bit but not much. You already know about kraken and salt. I think that maybe it.

http://steamforged.com/resources/
>>
>>50457555
Sweet thanks man. I'm not going to lie i was afraid that they'd nerf Shark for the sake of change
>>
>>50457582
Ya my buddy was expecting them to decrease the range of his legendary or something.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.