[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chase/Pursuit Mechanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

TL;DR - Rule systems for chases and pursuits

Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered a bunch. I was trying to look at other systems outside D&D and what they do well, and came across a YouTube video discussing how action isn't just combat, but there are chases and pursuits.

I was curious if you all had your own homebrews or know of currently existing systems that handle chases or actions that isn't just combat really well?

TL;DR - Rule systems for chases and pursuits
>>
>>50411107
>Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered a bunch.
dont you ever apologize for anything, newfag

>came across a YouTube video discussing how action isn't just combat, but there are chases and pursuits.
lel, lindybeige

>TL;DR - Rule systems for chases and pursuits
don't do that twice, man. anyway, spycraft supposedly has good(?), crunchy generic chase rules. personally, I always thought that Ninjas & Superspies (in spite of being Palladium) had fun car chase rules. Finally, I think Savage Worlds has an interesting splatbook for setting up action (even though plenty is combat-related) in Perilous Places & Serious Situations.
>>
Agent 13 had good car chases. You might also want to check out car wars.
>>
GURPS has good chase rules in Action 2.
>>
>>50411557
>dont you ever apologize for anything, newfag
Sorry, it won't happen again!

>lel, lindybeige
Yes! I just found him today and love his content. Do you happen to know of others with similar content, btw? I used to watch Counter Monkey produced by Noah Antwiler, but I didn't find much of his stuff entertaining or all that informative.

>etc.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give Spycraft a look and the others you suggested. I had heard of it and Savage Worlds, although I never looked into them. I'm completely unfamiliar with Ninjas & Superspies though, that sounds fun
>>
>>50411667
Awesome, I'll give them both a look. I think I saw a threat earlier mention Car Wars, I'm completely unfamiliar with Agent 13, I'll give DriveThru a look.
>>
>>50411706
I don't know why I didn't think about looking at GURPS, it figures they'd have a system for something like that! I have a bunch of GURPS material from a torrent I downloaded a long time ago, I'll see if Action 2 was a part of it. Thank you, anon!
>>
>>50411107
You can add a rudimentary chase system to any game by just calling for a couple opposed checks using whatever movement skill is most appropriate, while giving both parties the opportunity to either close the distance or hamper their pursuers by using other skills or items.

>>50411896
>Do you happen to know of others with similar content, btw?

Matt Easton at Scholagladiatoria is who most people 'upgrade' to after Lindybeige. Sooner or later Lloyd will make a video about something you have some knowledge about, and you'll realize that what he's saying is just baseless speculation.
>>
>>50411923
You're welcome, I hope it helps!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.