[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was everyone That Guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0508.jpg (143KB, 960x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0508.jpg
143KB, 960x813px
Sup/tg/, I was thinking about my first RPG session and I had a few questions. The session went like this:

>4 person session, playing homebrew with friends
>Arrive bearing Arizona green tea and Cosmic Brownies (the food, not the shake)
>DM gives me the evil eye, I don't know why until much later
>Look at homebrew
>The baseline human race has much better stats than the other races, which suck
>Casters are overpowered to the max
>Seeing group of almost all archers, I play a mage knight
>Med armor allows me to be slightly tanky, 2H weapon proficiency allows me to save skill points for magic, choose ice and lightning crowd control spells
>So basically, I am excellent in single close combat, and strong when dealing with mobs at midrange- areas in which the party is lacking
>I also have an obnoxious French accent, because it's my first time playing and I'm stupid like that
>Session starts, everyone is in a fucking brothel
>Have to sit through copious amounts of fade to black, get bored and start playing Dueling Network
>2 fucking hours until that segment is done
>Then fire mage DMPC and his shapeshifted dragon waifu appear on the scene
>Dragon waifu insults my character
>I'm pissed at that point, I in-character insult the waifu
>ohfuck.jpg
>Orcs invade about half hour later, when we're sleeping
>My character charges into streets to try to save civilians while most of the party ignores me (one just gets back to sleep, one tries to hide, but the other attacks from the window like a bro)
>Suddenly, DMPC steps forward with waifu!
>Dragon incinerates 3 orcs with fire breath, DMPC fireballs another two
>Attack mob with chain lightning
>lolwut, orcs have lightning resistance
>They mob my character in melee, I am dead after DMPC fireballs me
>Rant at DM, leave
>Never talked to that DM again

Was I That Guy? Was the DM That Guy? Were we all a party of That Guys?

Pic unrelated.
>>
I hope you still play RPGs because not all DMs are retarded like that.
>>
>>50409230
While it sounds like you might have been annoying, your GM sounds like monumental faggot. You do NOT kill a PC, especially with some shitty DMPC instakill.

Also the shithead that went
>"orcs attack? yeah, I'll sleep"
just triggers me.
>>
If you were playing him as Monty Python as possible your behavior is forgivable. DM killing your character and the rest of the party outright ignoring heroing duty is total asshat behavior.
>>
>>50409230
>>DM gives me the evil eye, I don't know why until much later
AND THEN
>>
>>50409352
It wasn't an instakill. My character was already pretty hurt.

That raises more questions, though.
>>
>>50409230
>the brownies not the shake

I like your reference
>>
>>50409448
I was actually playing him much like that dude from The Pink Panther. Horrible, I know, but it was my first time roleplaying.
>>
>>50409230
Why did he give you the evil eye?
>>
>>50410468
He read the Cosmic Brownie Shake greentext.
>>
>>50409230
This is a reference to something, but I can't figure out what.
>>
>>50409230
DM was that guy.

Assuming you haven't missed out on any context or posted this with a bias, you were in the right here.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.