[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting NPCs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: p17v070ipl16njb6n61q35r10ifg.jpg (38KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
p17v070ipl16njb6n61q35r10ifg.jpg
38KB, 660x495px
Tell me about your most fun/interesting NPCs. The ones the players love, or started as someone mundane and grew to be lovable.

>Players are trying to fight Laurence, Angel of Swords
>Hiding out in a house, human characters are getting hungry
>Order a pizza, Fate Angel suddenly senses the pizza delivery man has a great destiny
>"What is your name, great warrior."
>"Um. Lawrence? Lawrence de Lorenzo."
>Party recruit him, give him a sword
>He ends up landing the death blow and defeats an Laurence by being an even better Laurence-with-a-sword than he ever could.
>>
>>50407378
My favorite NPC is one the players hated, but he was their enemy, so I'm counting it as a win.

He started as a simple NPC cop who I decided to slap a name on, but somehow every time he was around, I would roll pretty well. Well enough to match a vampire in one-on-one combat and even managing to completely destroy them during interrogation.

During some covert rolls I did, he would always manage to follow them and get info on their actions and whereabouts, making flawless reports and at one point securing a warrant for the party.

It got to the point where the campaign shifted gear in them trying to silence all witnesses and then going after their sworn enemy. It's sad that we had to call it off due to IRL stuff, I had prepared greatness.

I think I'm gonna contact all of them, get the game going once more, just online.
>>
>>50407612
Go for it lad, I bet they want to sock the dude
>>
>>50407378
My human male fighter, who didn't need gimmicky mary sue snowflake bullshit to be interesting.
>>
File: 1443679387712.jpg (64KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
1443679387712.jpg
64KB, 709x538px
>>50407779
>he's such a bad player his PC counts as an NPC
>>
Gilford the guard, who they would always find pilfering the dead he was supposed to be IDing. Spoke with a horrible cockney accent. Insisted he wasn't looting and jingled when he walked away.

Some of my npcs the players like in more of a love to hate kind of way
>>
File: Marge Dooley.png (120KB, 1868x514px) Image search: [Google]
Marge Dooley.png
120KB, 1868x514px
>>50407378
not mine but one from an older thread
>>
>>50407378
>Players come across a destroyed bridge over a strong stream
>Random Troll appears, asks for money to carry across
>Players ask why he set up a service to carry people across
>Begin discussing sound business plans, find out troll is actually pretty smart and being reasonable. Most pay up.
>Meanwhile, cheapskate character almost dies after attempting to swim across and failing checks.
>Later...
>Party has arrived in a small port city.
>Find troll with a sign saying "Will carry heavy things for golds"
>Same troll
>Party gets him a temp job working the docks.
>Different campaign, same world
>Party traveling across a vast plain
>See large figure in distance, is a troll pulling a wagon
>Same troll
>Being paid to cart stuff for a merchant because the merchant was to chickenshit to do it himself

He ended up getting a backstory about being a pet for a powerful wizard that died in an unfortunate accident. So, Without anyone to take care of him, he went out in the world looking for ways to earn money.
>>
>>50407378
The fun and interesting NPC is the one that the players, for whatever reason, incorporate into the game by returning to him or her. It really has nothing to do with what the DM plans out, and an NPC the DM plans on creating as a "fun/interesting NPC" is almost-guaranteed not to be one.

Unless by "NPC" you meant "BBEG" or "henchman."
>>
>>50407378
Maelte was a solitaire druid who was helping various villages and outposts near his forest but eventually made a pact with fair folk to protect and nurture the egg of the green dragon. He was mostly nurturing it with the blood of the people who passed through. I roleplayed him as a very determined, unapologetic but also calm and tired man ultimately understanding how crazy his decision is from others' standpoint. The party was impressed with him telling them any agreement will result in them betraying the civilization so they'd better think it through. He managed to escape once they brought enough forces to confront him.

Usually the most remembered NPCs are one-trick ponies though. Like a kobold chief with a long-ass name who just loved to tell people all about convoluted kobold's mythology. Or a gnome alchemist with bad eyesight who could make the weirdest potions due to messing up everytime so the party kept visiting him just to think what else can he do. The effects ranged from lolrandum to actually unexpectedly useful stuff they thanked him for later.
>>
>>50407378
I was never able to play much with my group, but they fought a skeleton and zombie duo. The zombie got btfo and tried to make it seem sympathetic, while the skeleton got progressively rattled, getting slightly stronger with each rattling. It also had a jar of jam in its rib cage, because of bloodying.

We all had a good laugh, but that was the last session in a while.
>>
File: thumbsup.png (550KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.png
550KB, 350x400px
>>50407378
>A beet farmer
>Named Drey.
>>
>>50410026
My GM back when I was in the Army had a troll with an oversized wheelbarrow pushing people around like a stroller. I thought it was kinda funny.

Same GM had an angry redheaded Bardbarian looking for her little sister in the same arc. Troll wound up taking little sister for a wheel around the city, and led us to her after we asked.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.