[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 51

File: Image (4).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Unhinged/Unglued Edition

Previous: >>50384571

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>Only Unhinged legendaries are blue and white
>>
File: 1373981875073.jpg (703KB, 986x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1373981875073.jpg
703KB, 986x1000px
>tfw my playgroup will never let me play Super Secret Tech
>>
Ok, so, I want to become a Commander expert. Are there any documents I can read, preferably for offline reading?
>>
File: 21.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
We need a legendary creature that's Staying Power on a stick. But it'd have to be much more expensive than 3CC to justify the absurd shit you can do with this card.
>>
File: Moggcatcher_NE.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Moggcatcher_NE.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>just got this thing and nugrenzo
>zada goblins
are fun times ahead /edhg/?
>>
>>50406564
>mono red
More like you're asking for suffering.
>>
>>50406461
Just read commander general all day everyday. If it is moving slow then check out EDHREC and look at decks. I got a lot better by googling "X primer" where x is a commander i am interested about. That will run through what a deck does and how i t is suppose to interact with other decks.
>>
>>50406461
I just cruise forums for ideas and theory, and listen to The Command Zone podcast.
>>
File: 119.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
119.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>50406461
Honestly the best you can do is just know a fuckton of cards. The ideas will come after that.
>>
>>50406289
"Is the answer to this question the same as the answer to the question "Will you concede when my Precombat Main Phase begins?""

Of course if you engage in such knights and knaves shenanigans, "Mu" becomes an acceptable answer in my book.
>>
>>50406431
I know the feel. My group gets super fucking pissed when I R&B + Ashnod's coupon
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50406564
>>50406289

Is Purphoros + Gobbos a good/fun deck for multiplayer? I want a deck that forces faster matches by killing everyone simultaneously, my turns don't take too long, and is somewhat resilient to hate.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/purphoros-god-of-gobbos-2/
>>
>>50406594
No that'll be monowhite.

That guy in the previous thread that was listing goblins forgot to mention krenko exists.
>>
File: talrando.jpg (24KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
talrando.jpg
24KB, 300x246px
Any tips for this dude? I posted it last thread and got some nice input (changed mnemonic for archaeomancer), but I still wanna hear more.
Since I can't play him in EDH tables (my playgroup just arranges a peace treaty to get me out of the table), I'm trying to make it into a duel commander, but I'm not sure if talrand's the right guy for the job, mainly because I don't know if I can count on my drakes.
Any tips appreciated, and yes, changing commanders is a valid tip.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/talrand-is-a-ing-ot-2-electric-boogaloo/
>>
File: breyaetheriumshaper.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
breyaetheriumshaper.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
I think I'm in love, guys.
>>
File: 1479785012224.jpg (290KB, 708x864px) Image search: [Google]
1479785012224.jpg
290KB, 708x864px
>>50406812
Yeah it's very good in multiplayer but be prepared to get hated off the game. He is really good at making you into an archenemy. Your build is different compared to mine. Yours has more goblin lords.sword of the paruns works really well with krenko when ashnod's altar is on the field. Have fun pissing people off!
>>
>>50406899

I remember when everybody said she was so bad in the spoilers and I laffed
>>
>>50406842
You have already written some of the cards i was going to suggest. I rarely play blue so i don't know what else to say besides playtesting the deck.
>>
>>50406970
>>50406842
I need some help with sending cards back into the deck for my jalira to work with those big fucking creatures. And since sensei's divining top is banned in duel, I'm completely lost.
>>
>>50407087

Jalira is bad just skip her
>>
Are there any Temur generals that are any good for spellslinging strategies?
I've been thinking about building Edric shittery but I just keep paging past all my red and blue spell support and I ache a little, but the playgroup already has so many samey UR spellcastin decks already
>>
>>50407164
Grixis might be better suited for your needs. Sure, Riku can copy your spells, but Temur generals tend to draw a ton of hate.
>>
>>50407087
I don't think you need jalira at all. But cards like elixir of immortality could help. Also walking atlas, terrain generator, thawing glaciers, and scrying sheets (replace islands with snow islands) could help you ramp cause you need mana for those counter spells. You need a lot of untapped lands to ensure you can do things on both you turn and your opponent's turn.
>>
>>50407164
Proper Temur generals are deeply limited. Kydele+(somebody who gives that red. Kraum?) could work well if you use a lot of cantrips. If you don't mind a 4th color you could do Kydele/Vial Smasher.
>>
>>50406461
Building better decks is simple: just build them. Lurk here every day, read edhrec and make sure you keep your eye out for spicy tech. The only way to be an expert is to play, build and discuss things whenever possible. After about 6 months you'll be much better.
>>
File: Riku of Two Reflections_CMD.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Riku of Two Reflections_CMD.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>50407164
This guy can work.
>>
>>50407154
>>50407242
Thanks, I was thinking about dropping jalira since she was giving me so much trouble. Also, your ideas for ramp are pretty good >>50407242, will take a look into them.

Oh, and by the way, which cards should I remove from the deck to open the space needed for the cards in my description?
>>
Any good ways besides torpor orb to counter Purphoros or Prossh + Purphoros in UR? I'm recently losing quite a lot to it.
>>
>>50406812
If you want to win sure, but not really if you want to do interesting things, or do a lot in the game. Usually you win turn 3-4 or you die, simple as that.
>>
>>50407304

Stifle the prossh trigger
Bounce purph in response
Counter purph in the first place
Chaos warp purph in response
>>
>>50407347

Don't listen to this fag
>>
>>50407302
For the lands, temple of the forgotten and/or islands. Temple has fucked me over a lot in non-green decks. For the atlas, one counterspell that doesn't work or a big creature that doesn't work.
>>
>>50407431
Also like i said, playtesting the work would help decide what to take off
>>
>>50407304
Counterspell. You're in UR, seriously. If he's on the field, Boomerang in response. There are plenty of similars to either. If he reached board uncounterable with Hexproof and Prossh comes uncountrable... son you are having a bad time and should have blown Apocalypse.
>>
File: sen-triplets-cropped.jpg (144KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
sen-triplets-cropped.jpg
144KB, 464x664px
So I have decided that this is going to be the general for my first edh deck.

>favorite colour combination
>legendary from my favorite block

other than mycosynth lattice and some tutors are there any cards I absolutely need?
>>
>>50407725
Strionic Resonator.
Ways of making infinite mana(Rings of Brighthearth + Basalt Monolith)
Artifact recursion.
>>
File: Teferi, Twenty Dollar Archmage.png (369KB, 619x539px) Image search: [Google]
Teferi, Twenty Dollar Archmage.png
369KB, 619x539px
When did dis nigga get so expensive? Are people playing him outside of EDH?
>>
>>50407725
Time Sieve+Thopter Assembly
Strionic Resonator
Memnarch
Mycosynth Golem
Chromatic Lantern
Unwinding Clock
Noxious Gearhulk
Any artifact recursion
>>
>>50407725
Run Sydri, Galvanic Genius instead. Your first commander games will teach you how the game is played: playing Sen Triplets will teach you how lame it feels to have your commander removed the instant you play it.

If you insist on running Sen Triplets, Celestial Dawn and Chromatic Lantern will allow you to cast the stuff in other peoples' hands and ensure they target you for the rest of the game unless they have Homeward Path out
>>
File: mikaeus.png (277KB, 335x509px) Image search: [Google]
mikaeus.png
277KB, 335x509px
>>50407782
Of course not. Some cards just get like that due to being casual allstars (also speculators).
>>
>>50407832
>Don't play this mildly annoying commander, you'll get hated out of the game!
>Instead play this commander that enables multiple infinite combos, then you won't be targeted.
edhg is a great source of advice as always.
>>
>>50407770
>>50407823
Alright, I'll get those, thanks.

thopter foundry + ashnods altar + sword of the meek with time sieve would be infinite turns right?

>>50407832
Well, I've already done a game with the preconstructed grouphug deck but still..

I will try celestial dawn and chromatic lantern. Might add some sort of politics so people don't jump me right away. I was also thinking about stuff like isochron scepter + counterspell.
>>
>>50406812
Good? Yes
Fun? No

All you do is shit out tokens and deal damage, not fun to play or play against. Dont get me wrong, its a strong deck, but get ready to draw a fuckton of hate.

You will either win by turn 6 or get hated right off the table.
>>
>>50407857
Mike makes more sense for being so expensive though. He's almost 5 years old, he's a mythic, and pretty much every black EDH deck runs him and Trike as their main win condition unless their commander is part of their win condition (ex. Sidisi Ad Nauseam). Teferi barely sees any play when he's not the commander outside of maybe shitty Superfriends decks.
>>
>>50407910
samefag
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
So.. This guy's gonna be my commander in a straight forward Fatty Stompy deck. Planning on including a lot of Behemoth cards and other Fatties, especially stuff like Craterhoof. What else do I need to make this work?
>>
>>50407994
All you really need for Xenagod is ramp, fatties, and ways to refill your hand when you run out of cards. It's not a complex deck.
>>
>>50407994
Extra combat phases.
>>
>>50408003
I'm also thinking of going Beast Tribal, but from what I've seen there's not much reason to go explicitly Beast Tribal, just a lot of "Creatures you control" abilities on Beast creatures.
>>
On a scale from 1-10 in EDH deckbuilding skills, where would you put yourself?

I've gotten to the point where half my playgroup asks me to build my decks for them, or at least asks me for input as they build it, which can get really tedious at times, but mostly I try to help out.
>>
>>50407994
>>50408003

Those cards that let you draw cards or do something cool whenever a fatty comes into play. With Garruks Pack leader you can play fatties for days.
>>
File: Image.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50407994
>>
>>50407925
Teferi is top tier general.
>>
>>50408045
4. I can create a deck that runs pretty reliably, but there are levels upon levels of tryhard above me and I usually do research and access resources to do what I do.
>>
>>50408076
Oh, shit... thanks for the win-condition
>>
>>50408079
I know, but there's other top tier generals that are just as old as Teferi if not older that haven't been reprinted either that are less expensive (Jeleva, Yisan, Prossh, etc.).
>>
>>50408150
He's 3 yuros on MCM, dunno where that 20 bucks comes from.
>>
>>50408180
In my experience, you have pay more for the same cards in burger land then in other places for some reason.
>>
>>50408076
>>50408104
Not the one who suggested it, but mix this beauty with a rogue's passage and see everyone crying

also blade of selves and trample enablers :^)
>>
>>50408044
That's a cool angle to go with. There's lots of cards from Onslaught block that you could run to make the deck more fun.

Contested Cliffs and Krosan Warchief are obvious.
The Amplify beasts can be good if you can keep your hand reasonably full.
Ravenous Baloth can be a good way to dodge exile or tuck effects or get extra reach against aggressive decks.
Berserk Murdolont, Bloodstoke Howler, Krosan Groundshaker, and Snarling Undorak all pump other beasts.
Shaleskin Bruiser gets pumped by other beasts.
Thunder of Hooves can potentially be a good board wipe.
Aether Charge can be a good way to get around Propaganda effects.
Wirewood Savage draws you cards off beasts.
If there's a goblin deck in your playgroup you should consider Skirk Outrider. Wait until they play their Goblin King and you'll have a 10/10 with mountainwalk.

That's all I could find. Also, make sure your playgroup doesn't find out about Frenetic Raptor.
>>
>>50408180
>3 Euro=20 USD
Thanks Obama.
>>
File: 4WABqQpTjv_EN.png (189KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
4WABqQpTjv_EN.png
189KB, 265x370px
Any secret tech for Braveheart?

Other than Gratuitous Violence of course.
>>
>>50408180
+133.7% price increase since last week according to mtgstocks. Something must have happened, but now idea what. Probably something dumb.
>>
>>50408364
Violence is good but any damage doubler goes stupid. Furnace, Twin Gods, and Gisela are great.

For a fun time try Myriad. Blade of Selves on something evasive can really nuke victim #1
>>
>>50408364
Her lore is so fucking good.
10 years to complete a monument to her murdered clan, then bam!
Back to the war.

Love it.
>>
>>50408364
Hydra omnivore
>>
File: Image (22).png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (22).png
124KB, 223x311px
>>50408325
Eh, I'm building this for a digital one-off, so it'll be fine. However, I am looking for some sexy mana ramp. What's the essential RG ramp, and is there any reason not to include Animist's Awakening?

Also, if I were to include a planeswalker, which Garruk should I use?
>>
>>50408532
The reason not to include animists awakening is that it's absolute dogshit?

>LOL LETS RAMP EVERYONE 10 MANA
>UG player next to you untaps and wins on the spot, "thanks"
>>
>>50408588
I think you might need to read Animist's Awakening again.
>>
>>50408588
I don't see where it says every player does that.
>>
>>50407878
Playing a commander that "enables" something doesn't mean you have to run those things, you flaming dipshit
I have a Brago deck that certainly COULD be stax that I instead built as "flicker geist-honored monk for many ghosts"

And yeah, Sen Triplets is a fucking annoying card. It's not as annoying as a mindslaver effect, but yes, stealing peoples cards from their hands is going to give them the bad fee fees. If you don't give a shit, fine. If you do, don't play Sen Triplets. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>50408588
t. illiterate
>>
File: collective voyage.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
collective voyage.png
139KB, 223x311px
>>50408655
>>50408620
>>50408612
Oh my bad, I somehow thought it was Collective Voyage.

Art is pretty much exactly the fucking same.

Still a pretty bad ramp card though.
>>
>>50408532
>which Garruk should I use?
Yes.

As for ramp:

Ancient Tomb
Blighted Woodland
Dryad Arbor (only with Green Sun's Zenith)
Gaea's Cradle
Mana Crypt
Birds of Paradise
Joraga Treespeaker
Exploration
Burgeoning
Carpet of Flowers (maybe)
Orcish Lumberjack (maybe)
Sol Ring
Bloom Tender (maybe)
Lotus Cobra
Gruul Signet
Rampant Growth
Sakura-Tribe Elder
Farseek
Gyre Sage
Nature's Lore
Three Visits
Talisman of Impulse
Azusa, Lost but Seeking
Cultivate
Druid's Repository
Kodama's Reach
Omnath, Locus of Mana
Selvala, Heart of the Wild
Shaman of Forgotten Ways
Explosive Vegetation
Oracle of Mul Daya
Skyshroud Claim
Treasonous Ogre
Xenawalker

Obviously you shouldn't run all of these, but a subset of about half of them should work fine.

Also, I forgot to mention it earlier, but if you have enough artifacts to support it you can run the best beast ever printed - Arcbound Ravager.
>>
>>50408705
Wow, that art really is very similar.
>>
>>50408705
But... Collective Voyage is also good.
Just because it helps your opponents nominally doesn't mean you can't use it to help yourself more. It's like saying hat Wrath effects are bad because they also blow up YOUR creatures. There are ways to make your lands better than other players', especially in EDH.
>>
>>50408759
Yes, it's pretty good if you have a way to untap your own lands and win on the spot. Which makes it more of a combo card than anything else.
>>
>>50408770
>>50408759
Is Collective Voyage+Rude Awakening (or whatever) even all that good? I'd rather just play Boundless Realms most of the time for the same effect.
>>
>>50408770
It's not even that good of a combo card. The political nature of it means that once you combo with it once, nobody will ever Join Forces again.
>>
>>50408759
and no, ramping everyone X lands is NOT "nominally", that's fucking gamechanging and in my playgroup usually ends the game within one full round, or at least puts someone in a board position where they will win shortly.

>>50408803
I was assuming you spent all of the mana yourself, nobody with any brain would pay mana for it. But yeah, it's not a good card.

The only niche it has it against extremely tryhard playgroups that play only 1-3 basics.
>>
>>50408820
>Boundless Realms also makes the lands come in untapped
No it doesn't.
>>
>>50408820
Comparing "destroy all creatures" to "give everyone 10 lands" is fucking ridiculous.

Not only do you cast Wraths when you are BEHIND on the board, which makes your entire fucking argument fall flat on its face on its own merit, but ALL EDH decks are built to use mana. There's extremely few situations where giving everyone lands is a good idea, especially when you have so many other good ramp spells.
>>
>>50408770
>Yes, it's pretty good if you have a way to untap your own lands and win on the spot.
But this argument also applies to Wrath of God, which can win you the game if you have a way to make your creatures indestructible. It's valuable in other situations though as well, for example if you're trying to come back from behind.

>>50408787
Boundless Realms also makes the lands come in tapped, like Collective Voyage. The difference is that Collective Voyage costs 1 to Boundless Realms' 7cmc. >>50408839 I deleted my previous post to correct that.

>>50408803
>once you combo with it once, nobody will ever Join Forces again
I've heard many anecdotal accounts in here that contradict that. People can be pretty shortsighted about combos, especially ones that help them.
>>
>>50408532
>Which Garruk should I use?

Caller of Beasts anon, any other answer is wrong.
>>
File: ohyes.gif (497KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
ohyes.gif
497KB, 500x259px
>equipping Blade of Selves on a Massacre Wurm
>>
>>50408900
>>50408451
>>50408246
Only trouble I have with Myriad is that this is going to be a 1v1 deck.
>>
>>50408879
The correct answer is to run every Garruk in your color identity because they're all great.

Wildspeaker is great because he ramps. That doesn't sound like a huge deal but when you have Gaea's Cradle, Nykthos, or even Karoos, it really is.

Primal Hunter is great because he draws plenty of cards right away. He's basically green's version of Tidings, only better because he has utility outside of that.

Caller of Beasts is great because he both draws cards and cheats things into play. His only drawback is that he's expensive compared to the other two, but that doesn't mean the other two aren't worth running.

Only the BG Garruks are bad, and even they can have situational usefulness.
>>
>>50408979
>1v1 Saskia deck
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>50408865
>Comparing "destroy all creatures" to "give everyone 10 lands" is fucking ridiculous.
I disagree. Wraths hurt everyone's board, but they mostly hurt people who have more creatures. Collective Voyage helps everyone's board, but they mostly help people who are behind on lands or who have ways to take advantage of basic lands. Mirari's Wake, for example, or Zendikar Resurgent, or Cabal Coffers in black.

>>50408828
>I was assuming you spent all of the mana yourself, nobody with any brain would pay mana for it.
I don't really have a retort for this other than anecdotal evidence that Collective Voyaging for G and letting everyone else pay the costs works in some groups. It's pretty frustrating to be the only guy who doesn't pay, but it happens every time. At least I get the lands from it.
>>
>>50409017
Oh, no, I'm the Xenagos guy.
>>
File: 59.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
I just noticed the new artwork for Temple in C16. That shit's goddamn gorgeous.
>>
>>50409046
Nah, the old one is better.
>>
>>50409055
Me too, mostly because I can see what it is
the duel deck art just kinda looks like a big mysterious zuggarat
>>
>>50409034
>guy who has normal land count
>goes to INSANE land count
>wins

>guy who has low land count
>goes to normal/abuve normal land count
>is pulled back in the game

Both of these are REALLY BAD for you.

>YOU are far behind
>cast voyage
>people dont want to help you
>almost nothing happens
OR
>help everyone else get ahead just as much
>still far behind

Voyage is only good if you plan on untapping it all and abusing a huge number of basics, like omnath.
>>
>>50408532
Animist's Awakening with spell mastery, and Amulet of Vigor is a really cute combo thats worth taking a look at if your deck has a fair bit of ramp.
I like Awakening. Everyone in my group says it's a bad card, but I don't think they realise that when I cast it I ever have nothing to do with the mana that turn, or I'm wanting to increase the chance the top card of my library is a land
>>
File: 2.jpg (76KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
76KB, 336x469px
Is this good? I like it, but it might mean revealing half your shit to your opponents
>>
>>50409435
>when I cast it I ever have nothing to do with the mana that turn
It's actually a bad card and that right there is the reason you're paying a bad deck.
>>
>>50409466
I've had good luck with it. Its interaction with Sylvan Library is bonkers, too.
>>
>>50409466
It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>50406899
Any tech for her just picked her up and deciding what theme i am going for.
>>
>>50409466
It's one of the top 5 green enchantments in EDH. The other 4 are Sylvan Library, Exploration, Burgeoning, and Greater Good.

That reminds me, Xenagod Anon, put Greater Good in your deck.
>>
>>50409613
>forgetting Survival of the Fittest
I'm dumb.

Whatever, Abundance is still amazing.
>>
>>50409471
Different guy. Animists is good in one of three situations:

>1) you're running a land ramp deck like omnath or kruphix and can pay a bajillion mana

>2) You have an infinite mana combo and want to deck yourself for lab maniac

>3) You're running a deck with topdeck manipulation like Maelstrom and you know you're going to get quality bang for your buck
>>
>>50409625
survival of the fittest is a boring card and you shouldn't put it into your deck unless you play in some kind of dumb spike meta

>lmao let me just tutor all my wincon creatures for like 2 mana
>>
>>50409471
>always having a 4 drop, or a 5 drop in your opening hand in a Hazezon Tamar deck
>>
>>50409636
>the city of me
Won't work with labman but any landfall trigger would be bonkers.
>>
>>50408532
>>50408588
>>50408705
>This nigga trashing on Animist's Awakening and Collective Voyage

Clearly you suck ass. Both of those cards are fucking all stars in my deck. I just drop one of those and Omnomnomnath all the way to the bank.
>>
File: cawimdrago.jpg (375KB, 864x666px) Image search: [Google]
cawimdrago.jpg
375KB, 864x666px
Looking for some feedback on my decks. I have about $400 I want to spend on upgrades for them. Any critique is welcome. Ill post my others in reply to this post (still have to make the tappedout list)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-11-16-the-purge/
>>
>>50409824
If you want to run a discard subtheme why not add liliana of the veil? sire of insanity could be fun too, and what about damnation?
>>
>>50409824
>>50409909
For shit that can be taken out, Dragonlord Kolaghan loses almost all his value in EDH, as no one has doubles (with very rare exceptions) and there's cheaper ways to give all your creatures Haste.

Lazav, Dimir Mastermind is always fun in any mill themed deck. Watch your enemies cry as they discard their favorite creature, then shit themselves when he becomes it, but Hexproof.
>>
>>50409776
But you are proving my point? They are good if you WIN with them, not for ramp.
>>
File: lensflare.dec.jpg (117KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
lensflare.dec.jpg
117KB, 750x450px
>>50409824
Actually have 36 lands in this one, missed one extra forest.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-11-16-deus-vult/
>>
>>50409969
>>50409909
Yeah, Kol is filler + random value for attacking with a dragon that my deck gives. ill put in lazav, i was just unsure about going all in on that. If i put in a lazav, Ill likely throw in a windfall too. Sire seems like it could really fuck you over though. LoTV and Damnation are good suggestions.
>>
File: Laughing Planeswalkers.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Planeswalkers.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>50409991
With Voyage? Sure. But Animist's Awakening is still a fantastic ramp. It's gotten me an insane amount of untapped lands (Best so far was 5 of 7 cards) for almost no cost, not to mention unlike most ramp, Awakening lets you throw down any lands, not just basics. Bonus points for untapping all those pesky "comes onto the battlefield tapped" lands.

Explain to me how you could possibly think that card is bad ramp and I will continue to show you the error of your ways.
>>
>>50409666
Doesn't changes the fact that it's good.
>>
>>50406289
What a shit commander.
>>
File: Liliana-Heretical-Healer-MtG-Art.jpg (170KB, 1476x830px) Image search: [Google]
Liliana-Heretical-Healer-MtG-Art.jpg
170KB, 1476x830px
>>50409824
>>50410043
Last one that i will post as i dont want to shit up the thread with my blog posts. as usual, critique on any of these 3 is welcome.
>>
>>50410267
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/e-v-i-l-w-o-m-a-n/

link
>>
>>50410267
lili was a qt
>>
>>50410326
>was
>>
>>50410360
She's more like a dick craving necromancer slut now.
>>
>>50410143
Because it's ramp that's only good when you already have a fuckton of mana.

Land based decks can play a lot of ramp cards like that and put them to good use, but they are definitely not good ramp spells for normal decks.
>>
>>50406461
Leave here, learn how to play legacy or vintage.Then come back to here, realize that almost everything said in these threads is wrong, then play at events a lot.
>>
>>50410533
But anon, what if I'm a Timmy-Johnny and don't want to play with/as a Spike?
>>
>>50410553
stop calling yourself that, then pick up a good commander with green in it. That color has the best end of what you want to do.
>>
>>50410378
Tomato, potato
>>
>>50410533
>>50406461
This anon is actually right. Competitive commander is just an odd legacy/vintage singleton lite. If you learn from typical commander players, you'll think the format is all about 8 mana dorky spells and learn some bad habits.
Listen to some Canadian Highlander podcasts. The deckbuilding philosophy is extremely similiar at high levels.
>>
>>50410553
oh, youre one of those people. then just play maelstrom wanderer. case closed.
>>
File: 1328897407369.jpg (88KB, 591x635px) Image search: [Google]
1328897407369.jpg
88KB, 591x635px
>>50410593
>playing competitive commander
>>
>>50410553
Even the so-called "experts" of the format suck. Ever see Sheldon Menery's deck lists? They suck.

It's a casual format designed with fun above all else, expertise only comes from experience.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/8510/

does this list look like it would be fun?
>>
>>50410614
>>50410604
>>50410593

Talrand fag from a bit up here. Do you guys think the same about duel commander?
>>
>>50410604
It is only bad when your opponents deck is not powerful. Besides that is it is faster.Still slow in comparison to formats like legacy and vintage but it is fun.
>>
>>50410470
Yeah, it's a hard ramp card, meant to ramp hard. If you want to just find one basic land of any color for a """"normal"""" deck go Farseek like a pussy ass elf. If you want to have a dozen lands by turn 5, you Awaken shit like a bad ass elf.

Spending only 1-2 on the X cost is stupid and unreliable, as I mentioned above cards like Farseek are better for grabbing you one land. But even with 3 or 4 mana on the X and Awakening starts to be awesome if you don't have shit luck.

>It's a shit ramp card
>It's a shit ramp card when it's not a win condition
>It's a shit ramp card when you're not playing a land based deck, and want cheap ramp, or when it's not a win condition

Better take a break from moving those goalposts, Anon, or you'll throw out your back.
>>
File: 1471465651955.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1471465651955.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>50410593
>He plays them most casual, beer and pretzels format competitively
>>
>>50410614
>>50410593
Ah, yeah. Let me rephrase the question: How do I become reasonably confident in building personalized, flavorful, and functional decks that I enjoy playing? Without getting spergtastic about it because I really really hate Competitive MTG as a whole, and enjoy good losses as much as I enjoy good wins.
>>
>>50408364
Flickers to be able to change target once she's already on the battlefield for more politics and less hating, or to pick a new target once your first target is dead.
>>
>>50410648
Duel commander is fine, if you like it don't ask people here their opinion on it.All that is here is bitching for the fun of it.
>>
>>50407782
Holy shit that's actually more than it cost to buy his fucking deck a year ago off Amazon.
>>
>>50410660
>>50410648
I have an Edric deck and it's probably the most boring shit, even when other people have super high level decks. Duel Commander is even worse cancer, the format should be played as multiplayer semi-casual fun. Like tier 2 commanders can still be fine most of the time but once you go full degenerate the game is cancerous as fuck. It really is Legacy/Vintage lite because it's meant to be the format where you can "show off" your rarer cards. That doesn't mean it's a good competitive format. If I wanted to play a competitive format I'd do so in any of the ones that are already played competitively even though most of them are shit.
>>
File: andthisismypawnshop.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
andthisismypawnshop.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>50410667
Never advocated comp commander, I assumed he was asking about it. I don't like it, and I don't like that those people leak into casual playgroups. I wish I could just play canadian highlander, but there is no scene in my area. I purposefully keep my decks around a 6-8 power level so that the games dont drag on forever, but stay interactive.
>>
>>50410674
>Find a Legendary Creature that speaks to your soul
>Make them your commander
>Build a deck around their color identity and theme without repeating anything but basic lands (and cards with exceptions to deckbuilding rules)

It's pretty simple.
>>
>>50410674
Ok, that makes a lot more sense. I'm the same way. What I found best, is honestly just playing the game with as many different people as you can. Get a feel for what their decks consist of, and how they play. You'll notice trends in between decks, even if they have no similair gameplay style. There is a certain way of building a coherent deck. That answers your functionality concern, anyway. At the end of the day, edhrec.com is your best deckbuilding friend bar none.
>>
>>50410706
>>50407782
Teferi + Atraxa = SHENANIGANS, especially when paired with Ajani Steadfast
>>
File: 337.jpg (41KB, 680x632px) Image search: [Google]
337.jpg
41KB, 680x632px
>>50410674
press random in edhrec until something catches your eye
>>
>>50410674
Just think about fast man and what you want to do, after that you should your goals.
>>50410707
Edric is not a top tier commander though. Zur, jeleva, yisan, brago, teferi ,selvala, and jarad golgari lich lord are.
>>
>>50410674
Trial and Error. Need to make something and play with it and see how it works.
>>
>>50407782
He is a cornerstone of the doubling season/super friends planeswalker decks. Atraxa is a brand new proliferate card and contains the major planeswalker colours of bant so the first thing you do when building a superfriends deck is acquire a Teferi.
>>
>>50410795
jarad is top tier? how is he built to make him top tier?
>>
>>50410795
Edric is top tier. You're also missing Leovold and Scion and probably something else too.
>>
>>50410828
The dragon is more of a boggy man because it is easy to disrupt and yea I keep forgetting about Leovold dooms day.Blue green decks have not been good since profit was banned because they can not keep up with the other decks.Edric is good but he is below the top.
>>50410813
Think about that life loss part and he is in really good colors
>>
>>50410648
French EDH is pretty much a joke at this point. When the people in charge start focusing on important things, such as not focusing on banning legends or fiddling with the life totals and not fucking unbaning YagBar, it might have a chance of being playable format.
It needs much work, but so far the decisions the people in charge have made, have made me feel that they're even less competent than EDH RC.
>>
>>50409666
I agree. It's one of those "so good its retarded" kind of cards.
>>
File: 142.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
142.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
How come this never gets mentioned as ramp? I've read like 10 different Naya primers and I haven't seen this card once.
>>
>>50411008
Most decks that have access to Naya would rather just play Rampant Growth
>>
File: utopia-sprawl-cropped.jpg (152KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
utopia-sprawl-cropped.jpg
152KB, 464x664px
>>50411008
it is worse than pic related because it cost one more and because there are a few different versions of it like Wild Growth. after that they probably are filling it with mana dorks.
>>
File: incorrect.gif (517KB, 147x162px) Image search: [Google]
incorrect.gif
517KB, 147x162px
>>50410869
>Blue green decks have not been good since profit was banned because they can not keep up with the other decks.
>>
File: Do you feel it mister krabs.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Do you feel it mister krabs.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
>>50409118
>>50408803
>>50408770
>>50408588
>>50408705
Clearly you have not tried collective voyage and pic related. Or quicken.
I love my janky as fuck kruphix deck.
>>
>>50411008
I could see it in a Naya deck that can tutor enchantments and loves it's gaeas cradle, but it's pretty bad compared to just getting a land. That card doesn't interact with miraris wake and other mana doublers well, for instance. It also doesn't trigger landfall or thin your deck.
>>
>>50411174
Blue/green decks are boring as fuck. All the commanders they print are boring goodstuff that every deck has.
>>
>>50411238
Except kraj. Kraj is bae
>>
>>50411174
blue green decks were just profit decks.They go fast enough to stop jeleva or Zur, yisan does not care about their counter spells which is their main removal. If you are loosing to them then you are not play competitive edh, which is fine but don't pretend like they are good just because they are better than you are most of the time.
>>50411261
Same love that fucker
>>
>>50411008

I run this in my naya enchantress deck because it protects Serra sanctum and often draws a card or three

However, a dual color card is not a good mana fixer, and there are better two mana ramp spells if you don't care about card type
>>
File: 1469906862933.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
1469906862933.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>50411217
>UG
>>
>>50411291
>Colours are memes now
>>
>>50411305
>UG or any UGx
>Not a meme colour combination
>>
I really like rashmi, she takes you to value town
>>
>>50411586
>UG
>Anywhere but value town
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
So can anyone come up with a real reason why this card isn't banned yet?
>>
>>50411291
>>50411546
>>50411622
Show me on the battlefield where you got BTFO from a Simic player
>>
File: Noggles.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Noggles.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Guys... I like Noggles. Well, I like their flavor text.(Effects wise they almost universally suck) How would you guys have fun with them in Commander?
>>
>>50411664
>he's never played against the seedborn muse/alchemist refuge player who is recurring venser's and tidespout tyrants every turn.
>>
>>50406899
I know that feel. I finally got to play her with my group today (I'm running a fairly modified precon) and it was a fucking blast. I can't wait to really get into improvements, because she really does get damn near all the good artifact tech.
>>
>>50411654
because it is 7 mana to do it once, you keep you lands, and you can recover easily from it.
>>
>>50411693
>4 card combo\
you know that is not that good right, there is worse shit in those colors right?
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>50411654
Does it have a destructive impact upon the format?
No, it does not. It's 7 mana, isn't any more recurrable than any other Instant, and doesn't destroy anything other thank tokens.

What's more, given the prevalence of ETBs, it's quite possible that it can be beneficial for the other individuals.

At best, it takes all of the wind out of the sails of a token player, and slows down the game.

While it's counterable, I want to personally know why this unfun piece of garbage isn't banned. It leaves lower CMC decks dead in the water.
>>
>>50411728
that's not a combo though, that's just 4 generic goodstuff cards in a deck filled with nothing but generic goodstuff.
>>
>>50411781
The only good one is seedborn there for edh. the rest are at best ok.Tidespout Tyrant is a lot of mana that you then have to pump more mana into with other cars,Venser is a four mana counter spell/ bounce spell that you would have to already be comboing for it to be more, and alchemist refuge makes colorless mana to give cards that are already as fast as they need to be flash which is only ok.
>>
>>50411772

Time sifter is trash m8, unplayable garbage
>>
File: psychic battle.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
psychic battle.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>50411772
Let's just say I have the perfect deck for that card.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-bad-monstrosities/

I don't play it since it basically says "take additional turns until you win" though.

Pic related however, is in the deck.
>>
>>50411910
Wow, I don't know if I have seen a worse deck.
>>
>>50411942
Yes, isn't is amazing?
>>
>>50411881

>venser is just okay

Nah
>>
>>50411881
>Venser
>just okay
Nah. Tyrant I give you, but Venser is damn good.
>>
>>50411961
I mean I like big dudes to but shit man you have to wait till turn 12 to play more than two things.
>>50411962
Deep insight and thought, I can see why you thought this was worth posting and I will now admit my defeat.
>>
>>50412002

Aren't you the person shitting up this thread with "Jarad is totally top tier but Edric isn't" posts?

Go fuck yourself bro, there's nothing to be gained by trying to convince you anything, you're a lost cause
>>
>>50412002
Since we play with partial paris mulligan, the deck -kinda- works, just toss your entire hand and keep only lands and ramp. Doesn't matter if you lower your hand size if you are getting rid of "unplayable" cards.

A hand with 2 ramp spells and some lands can easily start dropping a bomb every turn from turn 4 and on, but the most important part is that you don't really need to cast it for its full cost, better to just cheat it out with Omen Machine, Lurking Predators, Fist of Suns, Quicksilver Amulet, or just play one of the alternate casting costs that many of the creatures have.

It's obviously not meant to be anywhere near competetive, mostly a challenge to make a playable deck with an average CMC over 7.
It's fun, and if you don't get killed ASAP (and EDH players usually want "somewhat" long games) you become a huge threat, because the threat density is crazy high. Don't need to play more than one thing a turn when it's that huge.
>>
>>50412058
Graveyard effects are pretty good in edh while attacking in blue green is not that good. I mean I am bored and have been explaining it. Jarad makes himself bigger then can kill everyone. Edric does not have that and its attacking creature value is not that strong in those colors because they are smaller for being ramp dudes and such. It is harder for him to use his ability while your opponents get cards and come closer ti winning the game from the draws if they do have good value attacking like with talrand who can win off of it.
>>
File: 5ca.jpg (77KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
5ca.jpg
77KB, 600x587px
>>50412132
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>50412121
That does seem to work better, I would recommend more ramp to make it more consistent and sneak attack of course but that is for all decks like this. Honestly it seems good for your intent. Also try pick related if you did not already know about it.
>>50412159
Talrand with extra turn spells, kill everyone else then kill Edric.
>>
>>50412132
A non-budget Edric deck can win on like T2. He doesn't need any attacking creature value, all he needs is to get one of the extra turn effects and couple creatures on board to go off. If you haven't stopped him by then you've lost the game.

Talrand is also trash.
>>
>>50412254
list? because he would need a lot a ramp to do that and even Zur has a hard time to win on turn two and it has the doomsday game. Talrand is mediocre and that was the point.When you say he wins turn to I am getting the sense that you have not played him before.
>>
>>50412254

Talrand isn't bad in my opinion, but Edric is definitely a lot more dangerous
>>
>>50412199
the problem with 1 mana cards is that they REALLY pull down the avg CMC.

To add a 1 mana card I have to either remove a card with a similar CMC, or add multiple more expensive ones.

So sakura-tribe scout fights for the slot with Sol Ring, scroll rack, divining top, soothsaying and to a lesser extent the 3 cmc cards.

I'm considering replacing soothsaying with Sylvan Library though, as for Sneak Attack, it's obviously one of the best possible additions to the deck, but my playgroup REALLY hates hasted annihilators turn 3-4, it's basically soft-banned.
>>
>>50412288
Google any competitive Edric deck. All you do is play extra turns and get them back from your gy. Even if you don't instantly win the game, even getting couple free turns and insane card advantage from your little men means you literally have the perfect hand to do anything you want for upcoming turns. The deck is usually like 5-10 extra turns, some graveyard recursion and rest is 50-50 or so removal/counterspells and small one drop creatures (slightly more creatures usually). There's a reason why he's banned in Duel Commander.
>>
>>50412288
>>50412342
Also CAN win doesn't mean consistently win. You can get a T2 lock with christmasland hand and couple good draws.
>>
>>50411691
>Noggles
Keeping an eye on this thread because now I'm interested. Honestly it'd be a non-serious deck where your main goal would be to absolutely fuck with your opponents. Though that's just going by the fact that you're the sort of person who wants to put Noggles in your deck.
>>
>>50412342
I have been but you said he could win turn 2, which is bullshit.That takes a few turn to do.I have been looking through list and still not have found one.What are the cards in it that let you win turn two?.Are they creatures? because tutors are harder in your colors for other stuff.As far as duel commander goes so is yisan and dric is less consistent him most of the time if Edric does not go more stax orientated.
>>
File: Image.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
Is this good in Gitrog?
>>
>>50412513
It is alright, nothing really wrong with it but it might not find a spot because it is weaker than other stuff in the deck.
>>
>>50412438

Edric and yisan are pretty equally consistent

I think the guy saying turn 2 wins is exaggerating, like who cares about magical christmasland anyway, a good Edric deck can win through some disruption consistently on turns 4-6

All it takes is one extra turn with the dorks in play to get the ball rolling, they run crop rotation and sylvan scrying for gaea's cradle, and I've personally seen the deck go off multiple times on turn 3
>>
>>50412438
Starting hand: land, exploration, land, crypt, chrome mox, any card and time walk.

If you draw good couple next draws you can either gain massive advantage or just win outright but then again, I haven't managed to do that. Since the mulligan change it's much harder to sculpt the perfect hand either way. T3 is pretty consistent on the other hand.
>>
>>50412554
Yisan is more tutor dense and has more consistent combos that for infinite while Edric can go big with those cards. They do both have a hard time dealing with mid range removal heavy decks and Edric would have a better time their because of counter magic. The problem is that you are going off an army of 1/1 flying creatures.That takes some time to go through your deck with and because you have to be decently dense with them to pull off a good amount of card draw that can be hard to get the mana up as well.You would be play less mana dork then to do that and that would make it hard to cast the extra turn spells. Edric is not a bad commander by far and yes he is better than talrand but he does not have an effective combo that end the game. Yisan has a few and he can go find those. Jarad has his elf mill then kill everyone stick. Edric at best has palicron + dead eye.
>>50412640
time walk is banned
>>
>>50412667
I meant Time Warp/Temporal Manipulation but whatever. Point is it's possible, I'm done arguing this. I don't care if you think it's a strong deck or x deck is stronger, facts speak for themselves and anyone who has played it or against it knows it's an extremely strong deck.
>>
>>50412702
The thing is that at that point you would only have four man, not played your commander to get a the draw and be out of a hand.
>>
>>50412720
You play a Forest, cast Exploration, You play an Island, cast Mana Crypt, Cast Chrome Mox while exiling a green card, cast Edric.

On turn two you hit with Edric, you have two extra cards (and also already 5 mana). Xmas land scenario you draw a creature and a land. Play them both and Time Warp. After that you continue to magically draw the correct cards (any recursion or time walk effects) until you've slowly gained unbeatable advantage/won the game through Craterhoof or Beastmaster Ascension.

Simple enough?
>>
>>50412763
there is not enough time walk card for that to be realistic.Hell you are only doing damage with one one creatures until that end game. With Yisan you could have won with less and more often it would work.That is not even Christmas land that could only be done if you stack the deck.You don't even win.This is not to mention the risk/reward of loosing your whole hand to a path if they get him with removal.
>>
>>50412850
just ignore him, when someone uses t1-t2 "wins" as basis for powerlevel without ever mentioning consistency, it's not worth discussing further.
>>
>>50412850
You do have enough time walk effects because that's how the deck works. I said the deck can win on T2, nowhere did I say it's consistent in any way. Usually in a proper game you'll be gathering a board over couple turns and gaining card advantage while burning cheap counterspells/removal to get rid of threats/opponent's combo capability since like a 1/4th of the deck is removal and countermagic and then winning.
>>
File: 1320162993215.jpg (22KB, 310x309px) Image search: [Google]
1320162993215.jpg
22KB, 310x309px
>>50412907
It's embarrassing when people talk about power level of decks without understanding the basic principle behind them.
>>
>>50412956

Bu aren't you the one complaining about only dealing 1 damage with edrics 1/1s?

That shows you have no idea how the deck works that you even mentioned the p/t of the creatures
>>
>>50412978
What? I said the deck wins through Craterhoof/Beasmaster (or any effect like that).
>>
>>50412907
I know but I just felt like talking and breaking down what they were saying
>>50412923
No I mean there are not enough legal in edh. There are ten and one is ten mana, two are five, one is three but does not let you untap lands, and they rest are 6 and seven mana.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color=+[U]&text=+[extra]+[turn]&format=+[%22Commander%22]
There are a few not in your colors and other that you would have to invest a lot of time and mana into.
>>50412978
that is not even me, also when it is your way of killing it does. You have not give another way to kill them.Hell, I did and you have not even gone back to that.
>>
>>50412987

So I was thinking of the guy you wee arguing with my b
>>
File: 1464949467021.png (58KB, 380x421px) Image search: [Google]
1464949467021.png
58KB, 380x421px
>>50412987
>winning with combat damage
>>
>>50412995

M8 it doesn't matter how much damage they deal when you're taking infinite turns and drawing your whole library

Just admit you've never seen an Edric deck played and you're talking out of your ass
>>
>>50413013
You not going infinite though, You have not brought up any loops or anything. Look at the link there is not enough for you to go infinite. The only way to do that is with things like deadeye like I said earlier. Then getting recursion. Which is me no showing you how the deck is good but you just memeing
>>
>>50413013
When you have to go to turn 8 to win it is not a competitive deck.
>>
>>50412995
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=110517
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=383064
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=230067
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=405216
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=152579

Pro tip: when you draw 10+ cards a turn you don't need many extra turn effects to win the game.
>>
>>50413087
>>50413061
Do you people actually play this game? This is seriously some embarrassing ass shit.
>>
My most consistent list was a grenzo doomsday list. It had literally 5 creatures in the deck ( world gorger dragon, kiki, zealous conscripts, and the black and red ritual creatures). I had to take it apart because it won the second it had the mana to cast doomsday and activate grenzo and shit got boring.
>>
>>50413096
First to do that you have to move through card like Deluge, other wraths, abrupt decay, and elish norn. Yea and playing those would not let you have enough mana to take the extra turn because you would have to either top deck perfectly. or be ramping so hard that other deck would win faster like Zur and Jeleva. Look if you want someone with a similar play style that is good play Leovold because he keeps up with his stax element. and his own doomsday tricks.
>>
>>50413174
You are actually retarded. It's unbelievable. Google Edric EDH competitive right now and do not post another fucking word until you've read how this deck works.
>>
>>50413204
I have been and I have read them. Have you seen survival of the fittest with elish norn +Loyal Retainers?
>>
>>50413266
Anon you are wasting your time. This is one of those fags who bitch about slivers being OP. You could put the answers in front of him all day and he wouldn't know shit.
>>
>>50413314

You are stupid as fuck honestly
>>
>>50413342
Wow anon! You sure showed me! I guess I am going to go retire my meme farm after that sick roast burned all my meme crops.
>>
>>50413314
Yea, I know but it is kinda like doing push ups.I have to just over the basic hurdles for the more advanced stuff effectively. It is fun as well in a sick way.
>>50413342
You know I didn't even called him a bad commander, just mid tier and that his gimmick has a weak creature value.So attacking the other guy does not help.Hell I didn't even say anything meaner than that you were memeing.
>>
>>50413385

Right yeah Edric was banned because he's midtier totally.

>jeleva is better than Edric

That is something you said, you should be ashamed and embarrassed.
>>
>>50413407
Edric is banned in an entirely different format, yes.
>>
>>50413407
She is, by a lot. Like consistently winning before turn 5 good and that was a different format. Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is actually bad in multiplayer and no one plays Erayo, Soratami Ascendant.
>>
File: delet.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
delet.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
>>50413407
But she is tho
>>
File: the dong.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
the dong.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
2 things ...
How would I go about building pic related? Big red with ways to abuse etb effects? Not sure, so what does /tg/ think of how I should build him.
Second, how viable is mono blue bounce/tempo/counter in a 4 player game. In 1v1/french it works fine because theres only one opponent, but it seems hard to tempo out everyone in multiplayer.
>>
>>50413475
She is a bad card but her deck is grixis storm/doomsday.She has an ok roll in her deck for reach but most of the time she can just win the game with labman.
>>
>>50406724
wow, with the rise of 4c, this looks hella strong. maybe i need one for Ruric "Gruul or Die" Thar
>>
>>50410674
Choose a commander you like
Build on a budget
Find cards through gatherer rather than vids and forums
>>
File: Teferi, Temporal Archmage_C14.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Teferi, Temporal Archmage_C14.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>50413488
>monoblue
Welcome to EZ wins
>>
>>50413488
The most effective mono blue decks are usually lab maniac/high tide combos.
>>
>>50413510
Look I don't even understand what you are trying to say here man. I get that her in a vacuum she is shit, but commander isn't about as some arbitrary legendary creature all by them selves.
>>
>>50413717
grixis storm/doomsday is one of the best decks in the format and she is the best commander for it.
>>
>>50411691
Considering there are like 4 of them for a 100 card deck and you posted the best one I'd say they are useless for edh. Wish they made more and made them useful. Kithkins and Faeries got like 30 cards in that block
>>
>>50413754
Yeah I get that, so that makes her shit how? Hermit druid is also fairly good deck and has nothing to do with scion/child. I just don't get the point of the post in general.
>>
>>50413814
I am confused now.The other anon said she was bad.She is not because her deck is good.Yea hermit druid is in a similar boat.
>>
>>50411654
Blue is weak on boardwipes
7 mana
non destruction

It should be a sorcery but otherwise it's not bad
>>
>>50413842
Blue can't have nice things because why?
>>
>>50413639
>>50413707
Oh I know, I've played mono-u combo before.
But I was specifcially referring to Venser and V.Clique style decks. They have been successful in 1v1 but I'm curious if any anons have experience with them in multiplayer.
>>
>>50413950
Tempo isn't very good in multi which is a fucking shame
>>
>>50409017
>Essentially giving your creatures Double Strike light

I mean...
>>
Show me some love /TG/

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-red-dream-ticket/
>>
>>50414039
pretty bad
>>
>>50410803
>>50407782
He's also the dankest PW commander by a lot.
>>
>>50414012
>double strike light that, don't forget, stacks with double strike when hitting face
>>
>>50409083
>>50409055
>>50409046
Card is garbo tho.
>>
File: Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis_C16.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis_C16.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Alright guys me and my friends all got the new commanders, I chose these fags because their play style is vastly different from my usual decks (UBx spike). But so far my only win con is lab man, keening stone, out valuing my opponents with oath, psychosis and chasm beats, and the occasional reigns of power or treacherous terrain btfo. Its not terrible and it can win every now and again but I feel like it needs something else and idk what. What would you fags do?
>>
>>50409824
I'm trying something similar, but my playgroup fucking loves spamming Wrath effects like it's the only thing you do in EDH, so mine focuses a little more around that.

I'd add a Liliana to it if I had one.
>>
>>50414071
thanks.
>>
hey /tg/, if I have about 14 basic lands in a 4 color deck, should I include Kodama's reach / Cultivate?
>>
>>50413639
>guy at my college plays mono blue Teferi
>Tries to act timid and uncertain
>The second he has any board presence, the whole table fucks him up in a single go

>I play mono blue
>Drop a land, with fuck all in hand
>Act like a smug bitch and pass the turn doing nothing
>Everyone shitting their pants, afraid to even try and do anything to me
>10 turns later
>End up winning because I have a million lands and can abuse reusable counterpells for fucking ever

Every time. I know my playgroup is just bad, but holy fuck is it amusing trying to figure out what goes through their heads when we play. I've seen the entire table gang up on a single player with nothing in play because he won the LAST game we played with a different deck.
>>
>>50414302
Good teferi decks don't give a fuck about the rest of the table or they build to play against the entire table anyway. Your friend is doing something wrong m8.
>>
>>50411693
>having the game last that long

Nigga people have to go to work in the morning.
>>
File: 1439538436588.jpg (46KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1439538436588.jpg
46KB, 453x500px
>>50412199
>talrand
>better than edric
>>
>>50413717

what he's sayng is that a toptier jeleva deck never even casts jeleva

the guy at my LGS uses nekusar for the same deck and doesnt cast nekusar ever
>>
>>50414343
It's player experience. I've been playing Kitchen Table jank for more than a decade, and I just know what tells or how to convey myself. The shittiest deck in the world can still win at kitchen table group games, because the goal is to stay in 2nd or 3rd place for as long as possible, while letting someone else build table aggro for you.
>>
>>50411008
having shroud and not hexproof really hurts it from being untapped on top of being locked to naya.
>>
>>50414270
I dunno the math, and I would run both personally.

Anyone else have any better insight on it though, I'm curious too.
>>
>>50413174
Leo is a doomsday deck. How could that be similar in playstyle to 'attack with flying men' deck in any way?
>>
>>50414179
Homos of Meletis is group hug.
All you can do is hope that people will take the power you give them, kill one another, then you can finish off whoever's left.
>>
>>50414404
Casting Jeleva is pretty good if you need gas, desu
>>
>>50414404
not him, but decks who have commanders 'just for the colors' and actually stick to that bother me a lot

like, wtf, at least use it as a blocker or something? i get it, you want to run superfriends, so you have child of alara / progenitus / horde of notions / whatever, but 2/3 of those can actually be useful in your deck without sacrificing too many card slots.
>>
>>50413972
Tempo decks aren't good. but having tempo is pretty good.

The problem is the only way to use tempo well in EDH is to just immediately win with a combo or something. and that's no fun
>>
>>50414270
I run kodama, cultivate, burnished hart and sakura-tribe elder in my 5 color deck with 9 basics.

So yes, definitely yes.
>>
>>50414636
holy fuck why?
>>
>>50414652
Because ramp is good? You're not going to draw every single ramp spell every single game you know, and even if I did, I'd still have a few basics left.
>>
>>50414679
you could run ramp that's better in multi color decks?

and not garbage like burnished hart?
>>
>>50414692
>Calling Burnished Hart garbage

How dare you
>>
>>50414704
the deer is slow and lame and you know it.
>>
>>50414751
He's foil and I'm very biased towards him, so I run him anyway
>>
>>50414039
I did something like this once, but with only 5 commanders and that felt a bit too unfocused.
It just doesn't really work, because you'll be playing the same deck each time. I think 3 could work, there's enough space for cards that interact with one legendary to be focused.
>>
>>50407304
Hinder, Dissipate.
>>
Hey guys what's your take on point systems or accolade acknowledgment systems?

Is it in the spirit of the game? Does it ruin the game? etc
>>
>>50414636
>se it as a blocker or something? i get it, you want to run superfriends, so you have child of alara / progenitus / horde of notions / whatever, but 2/3 of those can actually be useful in your deck without sacrificing too many card slots.

Thanks man, Forgot about Sakura Tribe bro for a second there.
>>
>>50415263
It's dumb. Just play the game. If you have fun you have fun, if not if not.
You shouldn't be defining fun with points.
>>
>>50413488
>How would I go about building pic related?
Conjuror's Closet and every Threaten in the game. Molten Primordial, Conquering Manticore, Might Makes Right, the works. Sac outlets too. Protect yourself with Smoke, Crawlspace, etc. and beat people to death with their own creatures
>>
>>50415331
So I guess I'll build some kind of big-red with threaten theme and/or using the opponent's cards (Mindclaw Shaman comes to mind).
Any other thematic cards of using the peasants' resources / tyranny ?
>>
>>50412513
I'm putting it in my Nath of the Gilt leaf deck as an act of pure spite
>>
How does Rashimi interact with Yidris? Do the abilities cancel each other out..?
>>
>>50415720

>cancel each other out

Wtf? Have you ever seen that in magic? I guess +1/+1s and -1/-1s

No they don't cancel each other out

The first spell you cast each turn has rashmi's ability, if you save your first spell for after yidris dealing combat damage, then that first spell also has cascade, which is a triggered ability just like rashmi's, and it occurs at the same time

When two abilities trigger at the same time, you control which order they resolve in. Now in this case, if you have no knowledge of what's on top of your deck, you can't really say which order would be better, but if for instance you know the top of your deck is a spell with lower cmc than the cmc of the spell you're casting, you may choose to have rashmi's ability resolve first so you "cascade" with her, and then have another cascade still resolving

Alternatively if you know the top of your deck is something you don't want to cast, you could cast a spell with lower cmc than that spell, have rashmi trigger first so you reveal and draw that card, THEN cascade into whatever you like
>>
>>50410640
Basically no ramp, so it will probably just get flattened before it gets going. Sensei's is kind of pointless in a deck with so few shuffle effects.
>>
>experience counters are uninteractive and overpowered

just heard this when I was playing my Daxos the Returned

someone explain this to me. afaik daxos is not necessarily on the competitive side of things
>>
>>50416941

I mean it's true that the counters themselves are uninteractive but they def aren't OP and you can still interact with all 5 exp counter generals by killing them
>>
>>50416951
this is what I said. Daxos in particular is nowhere near being close to OP because his counters dont just give you mindless passive bonuses like every other 2015 commander as you actually need to actively invest resources into Daxos to have those counters mean anything
>>
How many games does a playgroup usually endure against Nekusar?
>>
>>50417704
i got tired after the 2nd one

but thats why i built a lifegain deck that i bring it out when he plays nekusar and i just lifegain through his bullshit until everyone is dead except me and him and then i just smash him

i should be fine until he puts tainted strike in his deck
>>
>>50417704
Usually I just win. One game felt particularly satisfying.
>Play T&L Storm in 4 player pod, other two areirrelevant
>Nekusar has Forced Fruition and some other things on the field, but hasn't cast Nekusar yet for some reason
>My turn comes, I start Cantripping with cheap and "free" spells (free as in Frantic Search) after High Tide.
>Library is becoming small, so I cast Palinchron and after that cast Time Spiral and and I had exactly 7 cards on my library at that point.
It was really a close call, but then I went infinite and Bounced every permanent my opponents had w/ infinite Palinchron mana after drawing ample amount of cards from Fruition, which I bounced.

Once I was playing against a guy that was almost as big of a tryhard as I am, he went infinite mana and tried to start Capsizing shit, starting with my lands. I Cast Crop Rotation in response to the first bounce and he tries to argue that he still gets it back because he paid buyback. He got salty when he didn't succeed and scooped.
>>
>>50417911
>plays simic and pulls out a typical blue "victory" with infinite draw/mana combo in a table where "other two are irrelevant"

you sound like a blast to play with lmao
>>
>>50418021
Well, the other two didn't do anything relevant for the story, is what I meant, just wanted to mention that there was 2 others.
Besides, where'd you get simic? Last time I checked, T&L is UR
>>
How good has the "excellent" condition on magiccardmarket.eu been for you guys? Good enough to be indistinguishable from "near mint" when sleeved?
>>
>>50419557
Depends on the seller. It's usually noticeably worse than NM/M.
>>
Hey guys, since I have 6 decks that all need shocks and all that kind of stuff I was thinking of making a separate "deck" of staples.

I have three of the swords, top, and two of the shocks so far. What are some other cards I should be looking out for to have to put into every deck?

Demonic tutor is in my cart right now, anything else?
>>
>>50419810
Eternal Witness, Primordials, Titans, Gearhulks, Beast Within, graveyard hate such as relic of progenitus etc, solemn simulacrum, signets.
>>
>>50419810
You mean 5-color good stuff.
>>
>>50419934
Basically. Just looking out for staples of the format that would be worth running.

I told myself I'd stop at 6 decks, but I'm sure I will make another deck soon. Saskia calls to me haha.
>>
>>50407994
Mage Slayer
>>
File: 1479769329563.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479769329563.gif
2MB, 320x320px
What are some good examples of monoblack removal? I'm looking for things that aren't super expensive and will wipe a field to get Volrath through. I didn't realize how hard it was to give things trample in monoblack, so I need to tweak my setup.

The other problem I have is that I'm running a reanimator setup, but I've recently acquired a shitload of token producers like and since I'm running carnival of souls, I'm torn between going all in with monoblack tokens, or swapping them out for something else.
>>
>>50420098
Black Sun's Zenith, Toxic Deluge is cheaper now, Languish, try and make room for a rogue's passage. Fallen ideal is a interesting way to get a big creature through and works with tokens and grave pact effects nicely.
>>
>>50407994
Quicksilver Amulet is pretty neato burrito
>>
>>50420245
Yeah, I was considering it, but I was trying to decide whether the 4 drop, 4 ability cost was a large enough weakness for the deck to still be fun to play against.
>>
>>50408045
An optimistic 5. I have to budget cause I'm a student but my decks end up relatively strong to the meta around here. Only issue is they always seem to have an Achilles heel that I didn't think of.
Thankfully nobody is asking me for deck advice yet; I'd probably end up disappointing people cause I build funky.
>>
>>50420098
Dregs of Sorrow if you are in a more casual setting
>>
>>50420289
I'd run Elvish Piper instead.
>>
>>50420165
I can't believe I forgot deluge, thanks anon. I'll go pick one up today. Rogue's passage goes in every deck, and it seems like Fallen Ideal is going to be a little slow for what I'm looking for. Sure, it's a pump related sac outlet, but I don't know what I could cut to fit it in there. I think I'm spoiled, Uril has absolutely no problem blasting through a defined board state, but black seems a little more iffy.

>>50420311
>Dregs of Sorrow
Way too mana intensive. If it was an instant, I would run it, but for 6+ mana, I'll be casting Volrath or fatties. Card draw is less important in my opinion, black's pretty strong in that regard.
>>
>>50420327
piper is trash in comparison, nobody ever expects a 1/1 to survive a full round.
>>
>>50408045
>I've gotten to the point where half my playgroup asks me to build my decks for them, or at least asks me for input as they build it, which can get really tedious at times, but mostly I try to help out.

That sounds like me.

I guess I am an 8 because I make the deck do what they want in their sometimes unreasonable budget.

My tapped out has 10 pages of decks because of it.
>>
>>50420358
>he's never played against a UGx deck that involves untapping Piper on the cheap and dumping 3+ fatties a turn
>>
>>50420375
UGx shouldn't run piper at all, they don't need it. Waste of a card slot.
>>
>>50420358
It really depends on the meta I suppose.

I run in a board wipe and removal light meta usually.

Or if I'm in a heavy removal meta then piper is the least of the worries since Omnath's become a 37/37 with unblockable or some similar huge bull shit has hit the table.
>>
>>50408045
8/10

I'm able to build a very powerful deck out of assorted spare parts, and in general I can give pretty solid advice for just about every colour, but I lack the budget required to build super tryhard nonsense. I can pilot a wide variety of decks very effectively, and my shitbrews are just a shade under competitive for 1/10th the budget.

I'm sure if I had access to every card I'd be much better, but the decks I make are built with love, time, and solid fundamentals.
>>
>>50420404
That's quite the one sentence generalization ignorance-san. Perhaps you need to work on your deckbuilding skills if you aren't adequately evaluating one of the best non-reanimator cheat-stuff-out cards in the game.

The thing about piper is that either you're dropping bombs that need to be answered, which means the piper will sit around for a bit, or they blow up your piper, waste their removal, and you play your bomb a turn or two later into a better boardstate.
>>
>>50420451
I've made decks that are dedicated to nothing but trying to cheat out huge fatties without paying for them and even in those decks, elvish piper pretty much never did anything.

Not only do you need to have a big fatty to put into play with it, you have to protect it or spend another card to enable it instantly.

That's way too many hoops for a 4 mana 1/1.
>>
>>50420490
You sound like you aren't very good anon. If you can't protect a 1/1, you can't protect the fatty you're playing. Haste is also hilariously easy to enable.

What do you use instead?
>>
>>50420576
Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Tooth and Nail, Nautral Order, efficient reanimation.

And sorry for playing in a meta where I can't afford to waste resources playing a card that needs further protection in order to function and doesn't even win you the game or even give you a major advantage on its own, but requires you to actually have other high CMC cards in your hand.

As for comparing protecting a 1/1 with a bomb, cards like Goblin Bombardment, Massacre Wurm, Goblin Sharpshooter, Elesh Norn, Marath, Pestilence, Blasting Station and many other cards that many people play in their decks, kill it. They don't need to waste single target removal on it.

And now that you finally managed to do all this bullshit and protect your piper, you got to put your Avenger or Terastodon into play two turns earlier, nothing more.

You still have to have the cards you want to use IN your hand, and any actual well functioning deck won't have a hand with 4-5 big creatures in it, so you don't actually get that much milaeage out of it once you finally get around to using it either.

Overall, it's a bad card.
>>
>>50420861
>>50420861
>>50420861
>>50420861
Migrate folks.
>>
>>50418443
>>50417911
>T&L
I've always wondered how you would build those two, is it just a regular UR storm thingy?
>>
>>50419944
>>50419810

Sylvan library
Rhystic study
Phyrexian arena
Mana crypt
Mana vault
Grim monolith
Mana drain
Force of will
Flusterstorm
Pact of negation
Consecrated Sphinx
Strip mine
Wasteland
Crucible of worlds
Birthing pod
Survival of the fittest
Sneak attack
Tooth and nail
Reanimate
Demonic tutor
Mystical tutor
Vampiric tutor
Enlightened tutor
Eladamri's call
Worldly tutor
Mirari's wake
Mana reflection
Skyshroud claim
Extraplanar lens
Timetwister
Time spiral
Turnabout
Palinchron
Phantasmal image
Clever impersonator
Phyrexian metamorph
>>
>>50421251
You forgot mindbreak trap and counterflux and summary dismissal and voidslime
>>
>>50421251
>>50421666
>90% of the staples are blue or artifacts
>>
>>50422847
Get good
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.