[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power Plant Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: powerplant.jpg (330KB, 818x624px) Image search: [Google]
powerplant.jpg
330KB, 818x624px
You're a group of zealous kobold terrorists. You must invade the reactor room, retrieve the dragon eggs, and get out. How do you approach this problem?

You're a group of mercenaries on a budget. You have to defend this plant from the aforementioned kobold terrorists. How do you approach this problem?

to be clear, the PCs are gonna be the mercenaries. It's for a one-shot.
>>
>>50401861
If I were a kobold , Id probably try to breach the water filter and enter through there using pumped air/airbladders.

Maybe have a second group that tries to go over the fence (covering it with something non conductive first), and then sabotage the air filtration/conditioning system with noxious/poisonous gas. And then perhaps use it as a point of entry if we had gas masks/immunity to the poison.

I'm still not really clear on the level of tech here, are the kobolds going to be up against guys with swords, or automatic weapons, if it's the later they are probably going to act a bit different if the physical differences are evened by modern weaponry/tech.

Also, just out of curiosity, what makes the retrieval of these eggs an act of terrorism?

Anyways, for the PC side, I'd just use that tactic from the battle of the marshes, and electrify the entirety of the lake, just stick some high voltage wires in it and pulse em every now and then to fry anything in it. Then have a man stationed in key positions around the perimeter to watch for people trying to get in, with some sort of signaling device either visual or aural.

Again this is a little general because I'm still not sure what kind of tech we are talking here.
>>
>>50402137

steampunk-era firearms, but they do not function within the area marked with pink, because of a magical field that prevents fire. (its purpose is to prevent fires and use of explosives and firearms during attacks).

dragons have been wiped out, and the few eggs that remain are used to generate power. Kobolds strive to revive dragons, which counts as terrorism.

Interesting ideas overall, thank you.
>>
Outside artillery
>>
>>50402592
Hmm, alright then, I'd revise what I said earlier, patrols would be better placed inside, because while they couldn't return fire from within the field, a sharpshooter could try to pick patrols off from outside of it. Instead it would probably be best to keep a few people patrolling the inner area, within shouting/communications distance of each other, with one dedicated watchman who has an eye on the eggs, where he has an eye on all entrances and exits.

Then I'd suggest they probably set up some sort of alarm system or hazards to cause any perimeter breaches through doors to be noticed quickly, if they can't be locked, or otherwise barricaded. If they can be barricaded/locked , and the room is not important any superfluous strategic entrances and exits should be blocked so that there's really only one unobstructed route through the areas. Since explosives and fire are a no-go in the perimeter it would probably be difficult for them to suddenly break through a wall or something.

Since kobolds are (as far as I know) usually smaller and weaker than other races (which I am presuming the PCs are going to be) they'll probably want to avoid direct conflict, or create a distraction while another team goes for the target, unless they have large numbers. Again, probably presuming too much but just spit balling here.
>>
>>50401861
>>50402592
Alright.

So, let's see. First of all, we need to take out the security. Using stealth, we silently paddle through the Drakesgrave and then make our way to the control room. Is the anti-fire field solid or is it like a general security thing? Anyways, we slip through the door to the control room after jimmying the lock, then use a blowdart with some knock-out stuff on it to wipe the security guard. We then open the reactor and pipe more knock-out gas into the security room. Smooth as any initial plan.

For the defence, I'd be watching for either an aerial assault over the fence, or an attack from the lake. For the air, we have bows and arrows to take out fliers. For the lake, harpoons and stuff, or maybe lightning magic if we got that. Fry that lake if it isn't being used to keep the eggs from getting too hot. regularly check the control room, make sure they aren't doing anything in there.

I'm not a clever man, so here's my shot.
>>
Air dropped kobalds courtesy of large flying beast or gliders using thermals to breach the security room. As a distraction they mount a frontal assault using tamed giant lizards/rhinos whatever to break down fences and panic the pcs. They plan to escape over the lake so try to pull the security away from it. Artillery style fire from outwith the no fire area helps keep the pcs heads down even though it doesn't do much structural damage.
>>
File: jimmy.jpg (30KB, 481x343px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy.jpg
30KB, 481x343px
>>50403212
I was actually just about to suggest kites/gliders.
>>
>>50402726
>>50402759
>>50403212

Sharpshooters, knock-out poison, an aerial assault, and a distraction using other beasts are all good ideas.

D&D style kobolds, so smaller and weaker than most other races is accurate.

I'm not sure what the anti-fire field being "solid" is supposed to mean? Turning it off would require digging up the magical item that generates it.
>>
If they have the budget for it a rod of anti magic to counter act the field and allow localised gunfire could even the kobalds odds Vs the big guys
>>
Kobold terrorists will operate in 2 teams. Team 1 will stage an offensive on the far side of the lake. They'll use the fact that the fire prevention field does not cover the fence to blow a hole in it - with magic, if necessary. Primarily, they'll focus on skirmishing, and will proceed to the security or command rooms primarily to add pressure on the defenders if they withdraw inside the facility. Loadout will be heavy armor, with some crossbowmen and mages as ranged support. This team is a distraction, and they understand the meaning of sacrifice. Even after the egg is stolen from the reactor - presumably leading to a shutdown - they will continue to press the offensive, buying every second they can for Team 2's exfiltration.

Shortly after Team 1 makes contact, Team 2 will breach the water filter, and make their way to the reactor room. Their goal will be to exfil the egg as quickly as possible, with the understanding that Team 1 will be buying them time with their lives. Loadout will naturally be lighter (possibly no conventional armor, due to the necessity of underwater ops), with magical items to enable underwater breathing. Some members of Team 2 will be outfitted to handle the removal of the egg from the reactor. Others will carry traps and door spikes, and set them up in the hallway leading into the reactor room, and optionally the water filter room. Close quarters weapons only, as range won't be much good underwater.

As a failsafe, a lone third agent will bypass the fence on either the NE or SW corner, and breach through the vents. They will either sacrifice themselves to cover Team 2's retreat, or be the last-ditch attempt at exfil if Team 2 is eliminated, depending on how the op goes.
>>
As for defense, the water filter is still an obvious weak point. Post one guard on the water filter, to ensure that nobody tries to break in. Have a couple of ranged combatants on the roof to watch for aerial attacks and do secondary observation for ground-based attacks. Otherwise have a couple guards check the fence regularly. When an attack happens, the defenders will hold the two chokepoints at the water filter room, and the control room - particularly, looking out into the hallway to control the approach to the reactor room.

For the terrorists to accomplish their objectives, they need to either seize the control room, break in through the reactor's main entrance, or go through the water filter. So holding in these two areas will allow you to lock down all approaches to their objective.

If worst comes to worst, security teams will fall back to the reactor and make their last stand there, ignoring the risk to themselves of magical radiation. Finally, they must destroy the egg(s) rather than let them fall into the terrorists' claws.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.