[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 396
Thread images: 40

File: 1479633210051.jpg (270KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1479633210051.jpg
270KB, 1034x775px
Wrath of Magnus is taking too fucking long edition

Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
>>
>>50400738
>tell us what's coming sooner

>this is taking too long to come out

Pick one.
>>
1st for the greater good
>>
Anyone know a good Dark Angels killteam without bikes? I hate bikes.
>>
>>50400738
I am working on a Militarum Tempestus army and was wondering how you'd build your army 500 points to go up against a Necron force made up mostly of warriors and immortals.
>>
>>50400738
>Wrath of Magnus is taking too fucking long edition

My blue balls are turning to dust.
>>
File: Just As Planned....jpg (81KB, 683x476px) Image search: [Google]
Just As Planned....jpg
81KB, 683x476px
>>50400807
>>
File: IMG_3174.jpg (273KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3174.jpg
273KB, 640x955px
>>50400807
Nth for disturbing BA successors with cool if retardedly hard to paint color scheme.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Penitent
>>
>>50400738
I don't understand. It's coming out in a week. Is this some sort of new trolling?
>>
>>50400807
>>50400824
Whoops, didn't mean to link your post.
>>
>>50400826
He's annoyed that he's known this is coming for weeks, but can't have it now.

He's too used to old GW's way of only announcing things a week out.
>>
what are the rules for the new tzaangors?

will they just be cultists?
>>
No trolling this is just the sound of every chaos players hopes resounding in the empty hallway
>>
>>50400826
It's also already up for pre-order on the NZ site, and soon to be up for every other country as well.

I get it's hard to wait, but honestly they've been giving us a lot of info in the mean time with that new community site. I especially loved the bit they did on the new Ahriman model.
>>
>>50400738
Any 30k links? i'm thinking about starting a Solar Auxilia army
>>
>>50400845
I just hope they stop fucking whining. But, I know they'll find something to whine about, like their regular bolters not being SD AP1 Shred, Twinlinked, Armorbane, Fleshbane, Melta, Lance.
>>
>>50400787
Shameful display, you know what you have to do now.
>>
>>50400871
Try the horus heresy general
>>
>>50400842

Probably distinctly different, probably more melee based and durable to a slight degree. Cultists would be cheap fodder and I suspect Tzaangors would be fodder+ in melee flavor.
>>
>>50400871
Here >>50393139
>>
>>50400888

Thanks, Khorne.
>>
File: sexitauboisV2.png (279KB, 760x1304px) Image search: [Google]
sexitauboisV2.png
279KB, 760x1304px
My 1850pt Tau army.
Too cheese?
Not enough cheese?
>>
Why has nobody posted the ending ffs. Douche nossle was passing it out on B&C so why isnt it here yet?
>>
>>50400906
>>50400888
thx anon
>>
>>50400875
Most definitely, but we have to ask ourselves "What makes Rubrics shit?" in the current game: Expensive, mandatory and useless sorcerer and one-trick-pony expensive marines.

30 points to shorten range to an 8" template in exchange for Ignores Cover might not be ideal. 48 points for a big fucking gun maybe will though, it's a good gun on a survivable unit. The sorcerer will make or break the Rubric marine squads. If they're still shit, the army collapses. It's back to the "Sure they can be good but only in certain situations and 99% of the time they're too expensive either way" argument.

I remain eager, though. It's still better having some special rules that single my dudes out as Thousand Sons instead of "Generic CSM with MoT"
>>
>>50400937
Asked him, waiting on a reply.
>>
Where were you when Castro was kill, /tg/?
>>
>>50400937

Agreed. Driving me nuts that he just gave out 9/10ths and stopped there.
>>
>>50400949
He's offline now. PM that other guy teutonicavenger on page 59.
>>
File: ItsNewZealandCurrencyYouFucks.png (866KB, 1919x969px) Image search: [Google]
ItsNewZealandCurrencyYouFucks.png
866KB, 1919x969px
>>50400948
>It's still better having some special rules that single my dudes out as Thousand Sons instead of "Generic CSM with MoT"
This is legit my biggest gripe about the cult units, in that they always just felt like a name slapped with the mark of a god onto them.

The fluff for Thousand Sons was always great but their crunch really made it painful for people to make an army out of them. I always saw people getting the models and having to run them as regular old Chaos Space Marines.

>>50400862
Forgot the pic.
>>
File: Wargame_Red_Dragon_votes-2.jpg (77KB, 630x440px) Image search: [Google]
Wargame_Red_Dragon_votes-2.jpg
77KB, 630x440px
>>50400762
I meant more than just them. It was a pocket. Lots of countries didn't want to risk it. India, for example, didn't dismiss either side and only became slightly pro-West due to China shit.

Though Wargame video game disagrees, saying that India would, in this theoretical war, have sided with USSR.
>>
>>50400958
apology for poor english

i was sat at home painting dark eldors venim

"castro is kill"

"no"
>>
>>50400976
He's online on Dakka. Don't have a B&C account.
>>
>>50401002
Nice work mang, appreciate it. When he gets back to you remember to use ctrl-s to spoiler for the richfags.
>>
>>50400958
Talking about my groups narrative
>>
>>50400958
Working on a film set with Rosamund Pike and Xaro Xhoan Daxos from GoT.
>>
Reposting this from previous thread to maybe get some (you)s and help me make sense of it. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno.

I'm not entirely sold on the Detachment bonus nor the big formation bonuses we heard about, honestly.

I am still hyped, but I'm just sceptical. The units still appear to be ridiculously expensive and that's fair considering AP3 standard armywide, but holy shit that's going to be even less models than I field right now and I run maybe 28 models, vehicles included? This "need max units to get re-rollable" will almost never be used below 3-4K games which really isn't standard. I'd have preferred something less good but is useful for the general 1.5-2K game range. Current Rubrics are considered utter shit at 23ppm. New ones are going to be even more expensive.

And we still don't know what the fuck is up with the Aspiring Sorcerers. The current ones blow donkey dick and you actually use them as an extra wound for your current rubrics. You never want to be casting with them for fear of perilsing off 57 point model.

And everybody keeps forgetting the big issue here: You still have to roll for powers. You might not get blessings or at least useful ones you want to be casting on them to get that better invuln in the first place.

But we don't know a lot of information yet, so I reserve judgment.
>>
>>50401015
Yeah, his account shows as online, but he hasn't posted in over an hour and hasn't replied to me, so I guess he's not active right now.

Someone message the guy on B&C. >>50400976
>>
File: RubricSprue.png (275KB, 506x574px) Image search: [Google]
RubricSprue.png
275KB, 506x574px
Huh, so that flaming icon of Tzeentch is a separate piece. I kind of assumed it was a head with it attached onto the crest, but is it is actually a different part.

That's actually really neat, since it means it could be used for other shit without slicing it off a rubric's head.
>>
>>50401002
Any chance you could ask the specifics of what is needed for each formation?
>>
>>50400985

>$400 for the limited edition books

How much is that in real money? Because fuck.
>>
>>50401245
120 pounds, 200$, 155 Euro, 240 Canadabucks.
>>
I'm being more or less guilted into buying a Prospero set, but I don't currently play Marines.

What should I do?

I'm a huge thousand sons fan, though. Would anyone object to them being used as the new thousand sons? I already have an old tzeentch daemons army anyway.
>>
>>50401273

Still a lot for books... but better to get now I suppose than having to get 8 different books with all the new shit in them later.

Do we have an ETA on when preorders will be available?
>>
File: Finkin Wiff Siantz.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Finkin Wiff Siantz.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
How far do you guys take the your dudes thing? Do you come up with a name for you force and think of a backstory or do you just come up with a reason why they're fighting whoever they're fighting at the moment and move on?
>>
>>50401314
10 gmt in my country
>>
>>50401333

All of the above

>tfw the thing that pisses me off the most about having to wait another week for WoM to drop is that I won't be able to read the fluff for the six warbands they list as existing in the book, so I can't create a suitable background for my dudes yet

ffffffffffff
>>
File: IMG_3175.png (773KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3175.png
773KB, 600x450px
Post KdK warbands.
>>
>>50401342

That's Britbongland right? What about for your buddies across the pond? Where might I find this information?
>>
>>50401359
Dang it, why can't we get CSM models that look like that?
>>
>>50400929
its the opposite of cheese, that list will get dumpstered pretty fast

9 units, only 2 obsec which need to foot slog, no MC at all, darkstrider is tied up in a 5+ armor save unit which can only ID T4

pathfinders being in 2 large units instead of 3 smaller ones means your markerlights cant be spread out

its also not a legal list, you cant buy 8x haywire grenades for 10x pathfinders, you have to buy them for all pathfinders or none of them, there isnt an inbetween

making 3x units of 5x pathfinders and getting rid of darkstrider would be a decent idea, the grav inhib combo with him is neat, but he's going to get shredded by standard fire regardless

using the spare points to get a 3rd hammerhead in that unit makes a fire team, which makes them BS5 natural and BS6 for longstrike, then you can give longstrike an ion cannon for BS6 reduction on scatter and rerollable gets hot

It's still very far removed from a cheesy list due to no formations whatsoever, people will still call this cheese if they lose to it, because of that miniature fusionblaster deathstar with stealth and shrouded
>>
>>50401380

Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>50401368
nah i'm in lelgium so gmt+1
stuff goes up for pre order at 11 here
no idea where you could find out for your country i'm afraid
>>
>>50401402

Well thanks anyway foreignanon.
There's gotta be someone else from McDonaldsland who knows. I'm afraid to go to bed for fear that the orders for the special edition shit will be gone.
>>
>>50401333

I do.

My Tzeentch daemons lead by a power mad Herald calling himself The Great Squiggle who thinks he has far more power than he actually does. However, his followers are many because his followers don't know that. Meanwhile, the Changeling finds it hilarious and often helps out by fueling his cults that have sprung up thinking they're to receive some of his power. Even some traitor warbands believe they too can use the gifts of the Squiggle.

My Sisters are an a subsect of the Argent Shroud called the Martyred Shroud after their Canoness was martyred during the Cleansing of Avex Utarius in which she held off a Hive Tyrant in single combat long enough for her sisters to sweep the area in cleansing fire. Upon her death, her Seraphim honor guard burned the beast to ash in holy fury.
>>
So TS invaded Fenris with Magnus himself and we're about to find out how it ends?

Couple questions:
Who's died so far?
Why is Magnus doing this?
How the fuck did Magnus get brought into realspace?
Are the wolves fucked?
>>
File: iA7xTaT.jpg (87KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
iA7xTaT.jpg
87KB, 500x712px
>>50401481
>>
>>50401359
I'm trying to think of a colorscheme for mine. Fluff-wise, they'd be red/black with brass trim, with Characters having extra black on their armor, and the Chaos Lord in all black, as well as lesser daemons having hints of black with red skin, and Greater Daemons completely black.

But then I realized that would mean both my Lord and Characters looking like Black Legion.

An anon suggested inverting it, with mostly black and more important members having all red, but I dunno.
>>
>>50401451
>A Hive Tyrant dying to flamers
lol

And fluff-wise, even more lol, considering the large Tyranids have so much tyrgel contained in carapace cysts they are basically fireproof.
>>
>>50401481

>Who's died so far?

Nobody named.

>Why is Magnus doing this?

Maybe he's still a little miffed about getting broken in half over Leman Russ' knee and having his home world burned by the Space Wolves.

>How the fuck did Magnus get brought into realspace?

I guess the same way any other Daemon Prince gets back into realspace?

>Are the wolves fucked?

One can only hope.
>>
>>50401528

I'm sure your homebrew fluff is x10000000 times better
>>
>>50401281
They are your dudes, anon.
>>
>>50401557
It is, since it doesn't rely on shitting all over another Faction's fluff to prop itself up.
>>
>>50401528

Hey, it is based on a game that happened all the back in 4th, man. My canoness was rocking a 2++ save that she could keep up constantly because the rest of my army didn't need faith points. Long story short, she separated from the Seraphim and slammed into a Tyrant with her Evicerator and duked it out for 3 turns until I failed my second save (we only had a single EW wound back then).
>>
>>50401563

I know. I just don't know what to do with them. They might just sit unopened for awhile because I have a huge backlog.
>>
>>50400824
Quit flogging your BnC Liber-reject fanfic, anon. No one cares.
>>
>>50401566

Put up or shut up.
>>
>>50401566

Also, Sisters characters have done crazy stuff in fluff already, like Celestine murdering a Daemon Prince. In this case, the character might as well have been a Saint, and by fluff would be since most are named as such post death. I can't even use her anymore because canonesses don't have access to jump packs anymore, so it all works out.
>>
>>50401481
>Why is Magnus doing this?
Knowing what fuck ups he and his legion are he was probably trying to make amends to the imperium and become a loyalist legion again and accidentally ended up declaring war on Fenris instead.
>>
>>50401481
Nobody who counts
Because he wants to give SW the Ol' BoP
Warp bullshit
They might lose a named character or two but I'm thinking other SW members will just step up to "named character" tier as a result.
>>
>>50401622
>>50401568
I think the objection was the Tyrant dying to flamers afterwards, not the fight.
>>
How do we know Magnus knows 15 powers?
>>
>>50401051
I know what you mean, I was really excited for them since their models are amazing but the more and more I read I feel like the only unit truly worth bringing will be Magnus and if he ends up being too powerful I feel like I'm going to end up in a horrible situation where I don't want to bring him but the rest of the army relies on him to function.

The new information has kinda pushed me away a little, I'm considering going Eldar or Tzeentch Daemons instead.
>>
>>50401672
Someone quick tell me. Friend wants to know
>>
>>50401672
community site
>>
>>50401660
>implying loyalist legions SHOULDN'T be purging the furry scum
>>
Do we know if Magnus can be fielded in a Daemon force or is it just CSM/TS? I'd love to have him in a more Daemon focused list.
>>
>>50401692
cheers
>>
>>50401540

Don't forget catching Russ' spear in the eye when Ragnar threw it.
>>
>>50401698
Just run him unbound. Anyone looking for a real decent game won't let you use him anyways.
>>
>>50401662
>>50401660
>>50401540

Cool beans. It'd be fascinating if they finally had Logan bite it and have Ragnar take over. Cause that's been hinted at for fucking ever.
>>
How do we know Magnus might be immune to perils?
>>
>>50401667

Oh, well technically it died to not!Rending bolt pistols as well as the flamers because back then Seraphim hand flamers counted as a single normal flamer. My canoness had also dealt quite a bit of damage to it with the Evicerator.

So the fluff was more the canoness finally getting ded, the Seraphim jumping up, then essentially shooting bolter rounds and flamers into its wounds because the faith power was "Divine Guidance" and is described as "shattering armor with contemptuous ease" in the witch hunters book.
>>
>>50401726

>autists who don't acknowledge official rules will sperg out if you try to use him

FTFY
>>
File: 1452280514126.gif (437KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1452280514126.gif
437KB, 500x394px
>>50400877
Complaints will be had if the Legion rules are just repackaged Traitor's Hate relics and formations. Or we get new formations loaded to the eyeballs with tax units.
>tfw you just fucking KNOW they're going to force Obits and Mutilators onto the Iron Warriors
>>
>>50401678
Yeah, I agree. I always ran the TS anyway but if all I'm going to field is a handful of new units and throw away what I have right now (cause I literally don't have the points to include them ever), the only "new unit" I'll get is better Terminator rules for my current squad. Those are all-around better in every way for TS. Same for me on Magnus. If you bring him, the rest of your army will be miniscule and fairly toothless.

Also I already have 2 squads of Rubrics, the old box gave 9 total models. You need 10 for a Soulreaper Cannon. REEEEEEEEEE
>>
Are chaos undivided lists any good or do people tend to run mono? I've been thinking about running Tzeentch but I'd like to incorporate some of the other god's units just for the sake of diversity.
>>
File: 1475283207902.png (639KB, 574x625px) Image search: [Google]
1475283207902.png
639KB, 574x625px
>>50400738
>Itching to start roughly planning TSon Army
>Even if it's just a couple merc squads for my warband
>In the fucking dark about rules
>mfw
I know that feel OP, god damn I know it.
>>
>>50401836
Exact feeling man. I'm waiting for the formations to leak so I can plan. Fuckin' SOUL REAPER CANNONS MAN
>>
>>50401821

Tzeentch is the current cheese (sadly), but they all have something going for them. Daemonettes and Seekers are still good, and the bloodletter bomb is funny and scary if they live (max units of Bloodleters in reserved with instruments and icons that pull each other out of reserves). Plaguebearers are still tough as shit so are their fly riders. Pretty much any of the MC HQs are good.
>>
>>50401821
assuming you are talking about CSM and not CD

>berserkers
horribly overcosted. Marine statline. 1 base attack.

>Plague marines
Mediocre. They are durable, but the have just bolters.

>Noise marines
they pay 2 extra points for fealess on top of of the price of mark of slaanesh. They can pay even more points to make their bolters ignore cover. Ok I guess?

>Thousand sons
I really hope the new supplement fixes these guys, because in the base codex they are horribad. Extremely expensive marine statline with no options and an AP3 bolter.

>non god options
>cultists
never put marks on these. Whatever it is you are trying to do, it will always be better value to get more bodies instead of more upgrades for these guys.

>Possessed
I want these guys to be good. S5 is cool. You can't make them good. It isn't possible.

>Chosen
Believe it or not, in 4th ed these guys got infiltrate for free and were the same points cost. They were shit then, and they are a joke now.

>CSM
Tactical squad but without combat squads, chapter tactics, or ATSKNF. Avoid.

>Raptors
Always inferior to bikes. They can take plasma guns which is a really weird choice.

>Bikes
Probably the CSM codex's best unit. Still worse than loyalist bikes.

>in short
Undivided is better than monogod, but none of them are good.
>>
When does the GW website usually update?
>>
>>50401882
10 am for each region
>>
>>50401879
Yeah I was talking about CSM, sorry if 'chaos undivided' isn't a term used for that list. Sorry! Thanks for taking time to write it up anyhow.
>>
Is this new? https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2016/11/26/war-zone-fenris-wrath-of-magnus-review-dataslates-and-special-rules/
>>
>>50401889

Different guy, but if they're all bad, then just pick what you want and have fun being a Saturday morning cartoon villain.
>>
>check site
>only TS stuff

Wait, I thought the traitor legions book was coming out aswell... or is it in WoM?

Don't give a shit about TS, just want muh Word Bearers
>>
>>50401901
>Heralds Anarchic: Chaos Daemons finally get their own broken psyker formation in the form of 3-9 Heralds of Tzeentch which generate one additional warp dice in each psychic phase per model on the battlefield

excuse me?
>>
>>50401889
"chaos undivided" is used for CSM. I don't know if CD uses it too or not, but it is better to specify.

If you just say "Chaos" most people will assume daemons since the marines are bad
>>
>>50401901
Athenaean Scrolls: If the bearer passes a psychic check with two or more of the same number on the dice, the power can’t be stopped by a Deny the Witch roll

hoooooooooooooooooooo boy
>>
>>50401820
But then you can add the cannon as the tenth instead of having to replace one dude?

Had the same with Wolves when they suddenly made wolf guard part of the squad rather than separate unit, so now you could run a 10 with wg and two special weapons. I just added an extra special to each squad, fit quite well desu
>>
>>50401937
What the fuck are you trying to say. This is some stream of consciousness shit.
>>
>>50401954
Yeah but the new models are ornate as fuck and I'm running the old Rubrics which look a bit arse in comparison. And I have to buy a box of 10 to use 2. Or at the very least convert 2 rubric helmets to replace CSM bodies.

This release doesn't seem very friendly to older versions like the Tau update wass with breachers. Old box of Strikes was 12, new Strike Entry went from 6-12 to 5-12, allowing use of older units without trouble. But granted, TS is a specific subfaction within a larger, more esoteric faction.
>>
>>50401901

Pink horrors split into blue horrors split into brimstone horrors EACH PHASE

THEY ARE ALL PSYKERS

WAAAAAAAAAT
>>
Just read through the book summary, massive letdown from the sounds of it. The only thing that is truly top tier is the new pink horrors, bummer.
>>
>>50401981
*The SW/TS saga through HH books.

>first contact SW:
dude VIKINGS furries lol
>first contact TS:
EGYPTIANS IN SPACE

>a thousand sons:
WTF I hate these assholes.
>" ":
RIP Prospero so tragic much angst

>a thousand sons to prospero burns:
They're kinda still jerks but smarter than they look.
>" ":
RIP Prospero still tragic.

>prospero burns to master of mankind:
Huh, some tragedy in the SW after all.
>" ":
WTF I hate these idiots.

Nothing like going in without pre-picking a side!
>>
>>50401901
Is this real?
>>
Jesus fucking christ. This release has been better for Daemons than Thousand Sons (although they're pretty much one and the same now), rejoice!
>>
>>50401806
This is what I fear, and I dearly hope not to be cause as it was with traitor's hate, black legion, crimson slaughter, khorne daemonkin, the old crimson slaughter and black legion...

Literally the only really good thing to come out of all those books was cabal.
>>
>Brimstone Horrors
>Exalted Locus of Creation
Oh my fucking god. Rowntree, what are you doing?! You were supposed to bring balance to the game, not destroy it!!

t. Thousand Sons player
>>
>All these Thousand Sons """"""players"""'"" suddenly appear

Uh huh. Sure. Are you done with your Genestealer cults yet though, or did you already sell them for the new army?
>>
>>50402120

>not taking units of 20 horrors with Creation and rolling for Sacrifice so you can summon more Heralds of creation to add to your mini units of Blues
>>
>You get all prepared, carefully laying out your genestealer cults army on the table
>Your opponent unpacks, and happily plops down his Magnus model
What do you do?
>>
>>50402072
Seems mediocre enough.
>>
So, what's the odd for the limited edition to be still available tuesday ? I won't get payed until then and had some unforeseen expenses this month.
>>50402139
It's always like this, but as the only 1K sons player in my area since the Index Astartes times, I sure didn't expect that much bandwagonners.
Not that I'll complain, more TS players means more sales, means more attention from GW.
>>
>>50402160
>He didnt read the horror section
its HORRIble
>>
Pink horrors + Heralds Anarchic formation

holy fuck gg lads
>>
File: 1466906839937.gif (776KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1466906839937.gif
776KB, 500x273px
>>50402149
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>50402173
No i skipped them as they aren't thousand sons.

Carry units are cancer.
>>
>>50402184
>the blues split into brimstone and summon more pinks
>each rolling for sacrifice
>one herald starts with a gate to auto spawn horrors every turn
>when the gate dies you summon another herald with a gate by sacrificing the previous herald
>Every single created unit is capable of summoning more horrors and repeating the process
>>
Looking at these formations, it seems everyone's going to want to run at least a maxed out Tzaangor Warherd for the Favoured of Tzeentch rule assuming it gives it to the entire Detachment and not just that formation.

Brimstone Horrors as a troop choice allows me to take all my old rubrics as one big blob though, can stuff a Third Eye Helm sorc in there for Overwatch and mix and match flamers and a Soulreaper cannon. Pretty fukken killy.

Most of the formations are pretty expensive though. For a dedicated CSM TS player, the reliance on Daemons to provide cheap infantry and added psychic might won't go down well (like me) but it seems fairly impossible to reconcile the two so might as well accept it. War Cabal, War Coven/Ahriman's Exiled and the Detachment are nice and fluffy too.
>>
>>50402195
These ones certainly are: they just keep dividing!

Joking aside I really hope ID stops them dividing, otherwise, this unit is going to be pointlessly hard to kill: imagine trying to get it off an objective? 'oh yeah you have to dedicate AT LEAST 3 phases worth of damage onto this obsec unit'
>>
>>50402221
You might also hope to force them to fail deamonic instability.

Pretty sure they can't divide from those losses.
>>
>>50402232
The issue is that you can chose to form a new unit with each split, so you can just form infinite units to mitigate losses from DI.
>>
>>50402221
>>50402232
>>50402249
>run Super Heavy Walker/GMC
>Stomp the fuckers
>Pray for 6s
>...
>profit?

Kinda shitty Helfrost doesn't work on them because that seems like it'd be a thematic solution in a number of ways.
>>
So... are the new Tsons good?
>>
>>50402305
The marines are meh, the demaons are possibly OP as shit, thought we wont know until the book drops
>>
It doesn't appear there's any way to run Magnus alone, which is a shame, I'd love to have allied him with my daemons. I mean I can take him with 3 princes but it will be like 1000 points.
>>
>>50402313
God damn. I was hoping the new Thousand Sons were good.
>>
>>50402211

Where?
>>
>>50402324
They are good, jesus.
>>
>>50402321
>Take allied det
>take 1 unit of horros
>take mangus
done
>>
>>50402321
Oh wait, there's a command choice for just Magnus, nice.
>>
>>50402336
I read over it and they seemed good but really expensive
>>
>>50402336
>No drop in price
>soc still locked to shit lore
go on, tell me why, defend your claim
>>
>>50402336
23 ppm
>>
>>50402305
They seem incredibly fluffy and balanced. Super-expensive and low model count, but have some great and fun combos that will probably make you enjoy playing them. Magnus makes you able to out-cheese the cheesiest armies and you can go next-level Full Retard with Horrorspam.

I prefer not touching daemons at all, but I'm actually pretty happy with it. Except for the Rubrics staying the same. That broke my heart a little. Favoured of Tzeentch needed max units to get it also is stupid. It's too expensive and clearly is there to solely push the sale of models.
>>
>>50402347
>>50402352
Not him but outside of formations and detachments, yeah the base Rubric squads are still pretty shit. In the rest, you can have some decent combos.
>>
>>50402356
Well hey... at least they have new weapons right?
>>
>>50402305
The terminators seem good, if expensive: 2 missiles, and 2 cannons in a 10 man seems pretty fun. shame they are not in catti armour
>>
>>50402365
I love the look of the terminators. And Magnus... oh boy... Ignores perils?!
>>
>>50402362
>ap3 flamers
>still S&P
>>
L O L.

FIRST FOR PINK HORRORS GETTING BANNED COMPLETELY.
>>
>>50402343
That is the problem with the book. Lots of things are good, but so expensive that there is no way to run them. Taking magnus inside the decurion costs 1470 points before upgrades, and basically all units in it expect a heldrake and two sorcerers are useless tax units.

Magnus himself is 650 and almost impossible to put down, but his damage output is not great. Stormsurge can wreck 6 rhinos in one turn, magnus maybe one or two, and he costs hundreds of points more.
>>
>>50401901
i want to belive
>>
Hopefully we get pictures soon enough so we can look over the ruler ourselves, I'm interested to know what Daemons get.
>>
>>50402394
I think with Magnus is he's going to be more of a support LoW, which is a weird niche but if you funnel your WC into him he's going to be just zooming around buffing your entire army.
>>
>>50402394
HE HAS

A STRENGTH D

BEAM ATTACK

AND THEN CAN SHOOT MORE WITCHFIRES

HE CAN MIND CONTROL A UNIT OF GRAV CENTURIONS AND SHOOT THEM AT THEIR OWN GUYS THEN FORCE A PINNING CHECK

HE CAN TURN A RIPTIDE INTO A FUCKING SPAWN
>>
>>50402347
Soc get Tzeentch Lore

Siphon Magic: WC 1, Blessing that targets the Psyker. Anytime friendly psykers successfully manifest a power within 18″ of the caster, he gets an extra Warp Charge die he can use in that phase.

Baleful Devolution: WC 2, Focused Witchfire, 18″, Strength 6, AP 2, Assault D6, Transmogrify: to wound rules of a 6 cause Instant Death. If a model is slain in this manner, they become a Chaos Spawn under the Tzeentch player’s control.

Treason of Tzeentch: WC 3, Malediction that allows the caster to take over an enemy unit and have them shoot as if they were one of your units in the shooting phase, counting as having held still. The unit then must take a pinning check.

Gaze of Magnus: WC 5, Beam, 18″, Strength D, AP 1, Assault 1, Soul Blaze.

Some pretty great spells in there.

They get 4++ Invuln with VotLW.

And they get a 24″, Strength 5, AP 3, Heavy 4, Rending heavy weapon.
>>
>>50402415
Unfortunately all his spells are from tzeentch and change, so he has mostly nothing else than an impressive array of witcfires, beams and blasts. He is something that needs to be supported, not the other way around.
>>
>>50402429

HE HAS NO STYLE

HE HAS NO GRACE

THIS PRIMARCH HAS A FUNNY FACE
>>
>>50402440
I was under the impression he can still generate but already knows both of the Tzeentch and Change sets? If not that's actually a huge bummer.
>>
>>50402457
According to that frontline gaming article, his powers are set, he doesn't generate. Demon primarch of tzeentch only knows powers of tzeentch, not very surprising.
>>
>>50402434
Oh good, so you have a 50% chance of getting a shit power.
>Shiphon magic
garbage, seeing as you a rubric soc can only cast 1 power a turn

the heavy gun is 1 per 10, so, yay for that
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (169KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
01-01.jpg
169KB, 800x800px
>i-it's a rotor cannon guis
>it's going to be S3 guis
>>
>>50402470
but i was under the impression he knows 15 powers? both of those lores don't add to 15, do they?
>>
>>50400738
Why is it that the Chaos Space Marines only have access to the Phobos, Proteus and Achilles Land Raider variants? The Crusader and Redeemer patterns have comparatively simple modification that shouldn't be difficult for a Warpsmith to replicate and the Dark Mechanicum should have gotten ahold of at least one of the Prometheus or Helios variants to reverse-engineer through capture, theft or one of the Imperium chapters turning traitor.
>>
>>50402482
Tzeentch is 7, lore of change is 7, force.
>>
>>50402482
7 from Tzeentch, 7 from Change, Gaze of Magnus.
>>
>>50402488
Oh well fuck that then, what a fucking letdown.
>>
>>50402479
Loyalist faggots BTFO
>>
>>50402495
He's shitting out 6 different witchfires or other spells a turn, including a Strength D fucking beam and a power that controls the shooting of an enemy unit. That's a neat unit of Wraithguard you got there, would be a shame if they turned around and unloaded their D weapons on your Wknight.
>>
>>50402506
Not to mention that he doesn't even need LoS
>>
>>50402516
With one eye would he only have 45 degree vision?
>>
File: 1462387386016.png (239KB, 529x251px) Image search: [Google]
1462387386016.png
239KB, 529x251px
>>50402526
Thats not how vision works....so no
>>
>>50402506
It's not about power, it's about having choices. I like having choices in my powers and it's a shame Magnus doesn't allow for that. I'll still probably get him for the model.
>>
>>50402540
To be fair it's balanced. If Magnus had access to all the disciplines, he could be literally unstoppable with shit like Invisibility.
>>
>>50402550
Actually nevermind Invisiblity, the dude's a Daemon who harnesses on 2s and ignores perils. The fucker could summon an army of Daemons with rerollable 2++s every fucking turn! You could literally field nothing but Magnus and bukkake the board AND the player AND the FLGS and the fucking street or mall its in with Daemons.
>>
>>50402540
You have the choice of 6 out of 15 fucking powers to cast every turn.

Most psykers get 2 or 3 and have to randomly roll for them.
>>
>>50402434
>24″, Strength 5, AP 3, Heavy 4, Rending heavy weapon.
Per ten bodies.
>>
>>50402557
Or with Magnu's price, you could have 5 cabal sorcerers who have 20 powers and spell familiar, making them cast just as well.

Magnus flies so he doesn't really need invisibility, but grimoire is essential if you want to to ever come down, tau, space marine and eldar will blast him to bits pretty fast, and D is his bane.
>>
>>50402590
20 powers randomly rolled for, not manifesting on 2's, not ignoring perils, not flying, no Gaze of Magnus D-Beam, etc.
>>
>>50402590
>Cast just as well
Objectively wrong because a chance to fail is nowhere better than "NEVER fails, period"
>D is his bane
50/50. It is a weakness, but considering you have to hit him on 6s and get another 6 on the D chart, it's not really a "bane" more than "this miniscule chance is the only way to delete him", so i'll give you that.
>>
>>50402617
Tau and their skyfire might disagree. Stormsurge shoots him with 4 dice, one six and he is gone. 8 dice if it is a tournament army so it has 2 surges.

And re-rollable 4+ is something like, 12% worse than 2+, and allows you to use less dice for it, making perils less likely as well.
>>
File: 1474705483202.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1474705483202.gif
2MB, 659x609px
Sisters of battle with inq or Chaos (mix of daemons and marines)?

Got a major weekend battle coming up in a few days and need to decide on what to finish painting for it.
>>
>>50402635
But what if Magnus summons a RHINO?
>>
>>50401901
All the rules are shit; they didn't actually fix the core problems 1k sons have now.

Yep its a CSM release, now I know that the legion release i will definitely be shit
>>
Egil dead
Midgardia mashed by Logan himself he lives but the billions there die
Magnus smashed a lot of the fleet
Wolves summon a volcano totem
Just about force Magnus to banishment only because the khorne daemon on the axe of morkai wakes up
Logan agrees to kill every fenrisian exposed to daemons and then the wolves fuck off to cadia
Hurr durr just as planned Magnus stole the power of fenris anyway and used it to bring the planet of sorcerers into realspace plus a tide of chaos sweeps the galaxy and all the daemon Primarchs are now unbanished
High Lord response? A letter to the silent sisterhood
It's age of smegma all over again
>>
File: CAD 10.png (291KB, 676x4809px) Image search: [Google]
CAD 10.png
291KB, 676x4809px
Anything to improve my list?
Playing against orks and csm most likely
Running remoras in vigilance attack pattern
and attaching drones to commander.
>>
>Big fucking blob of Rubrics led by Exalted Sorc with Helm of Third Eye
>Overwatch
>Astral Grimoire on another Sorc on Disc
>Allows the blob to move 12" a turn
>All 20 can take flamers
>2 can have soulreaper cannons
pew
pew
fukken
pew
>>
>>50402720
They're really good and costed to match, so people shit on it saying they're overcosted.
>>
File: file.png (186KB, 800x2021px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
186KB, 800x2021px
>>50402719
Sure.

Massive improvement.
>>
>>50402391
>AP3
They're AP4 anon
>>
>>50402479
1 in 10 can take it. Super gooooooood
>>
>>50402678
>wolves only survive because they get help from a daemon of khorne
They are such hypocritical fucks.
>>
>>50402729
Mind you regular rubrics are still pretty shite, but they rock within formations and combos.
>>
>Astral Grimoire: In the movement phase, the bearer of a friendly infantry unit within 12″ and that unit gains the Jump unit type.
I don't get this wording. Does it mean that the bearer, his unit and a friendly unit within 12" have Jump in the movement phase?
>>
WC5!!!!!!
ML5 Magnus confirmed?
>>
>>50402795
the Of is likely an Or.
>>
>>50402337
>Lord of War
>in an allied detachment
>>
>>50402799
That still makes little sense due to the "and that unit" part, or maybe I'm being thick.

Assuming OR, the dude with the book makes either him or a friendly unit within 12" Jump type. Wonder if it also affect the bearer's unit..
>>
>>50402813
>Wonder if it also affect the bearer's unit..
I think it does, probably just hasty transcription.
>>
Lorgar when
>>
>>50402796
it was confirmed already
>>50402802
he's an HQ no? if not then, just 2 horrors, a herald and mangus
>>
>>50402750
>nice goalposts you have there, it would be a shame if someone shifted them
>>
>>50402816
If that's the case, that'd be fucking dope. dude with Astral Grimoire attached to Terminators can make his unit and another unit move 12" a turn. Who needs Rhinos?
>>
>>50402820
Nope Lord of War
>>
>>50402479
>traitor assault cannon guis
>b-back the f-fuck off loyalists
>>
>>50402820
>>50402828
Doesn't matter anyway, one of the core formations in the book is Magnus solo so you can just take that.
>>
>>50402820
I thought we only had his statline. Didn't realize we had rules already.
>>
>>50402837
Is it a real formation or a decurion formation though?

Lot of those can't be taken without being attached to a decurion.
>>
>>50402837
>core
You mean Command.
>>
>>50402847
Oh fuck, they can't? I assumed they could, oh well. Hopefully he's a LoW for Daemon's too.
>>
Assuming you field only Magnus and face off a 2k point army of any faction. Can he win?
>>
>>50401428
Same here. Anyone who knows what time the orders go up in the US. I would appreciate the info!
>>
>>50402871
I very much doubt it. I think you might be over estimating his fire power just a bit.
>>
>>50402837
That's not a Formation.
>>
>>50402871
Magnus on his own doesn't generate enough warp charge to be really strong.
>>
>>50402882
I'm thinking with his statline, rules, psychic might and the fact he'd be flying and shitting out 5-6 strong powers a turn each at a different target could make him pretty bloody strong. Of course it depends on the list he's facing, but I think he could definitely give most a run for their money provided they aren't supercheese.
>>
>>50402903

It's ok because you have horrors summing power dice that split and spawn into power dice while they themselves spawn and split into power dice.
>>
>>50402903
Oh shit, yeah you're right. Essentially gimping his saving grace. Though maybe you could CC with him. He can handle his own in combat and every kill can create a spawn that causes further havoc.
>>
>>50402914
If he's the only target he can't risk touching down which means no objectives for him.
>>
>>50402950
Target ObjSec units. You can still hit 5 units a turn, no? I still want to see that hypothetical match.
>>
>>50402963
>You can still hit 5 units a turn, no?
How?

Is he a Superheavy?
Does he have 5x Split fire?
>>
>>50402975
I was under the impression you can cast witchfires at different targets by default. Bugger.

doesn't that make Magnus in general rather gimped since he can only delete one unit at a time? albeit with extreme prejudice, of course. Can he spam the same power?
>>
>>50402984
You can. Ignore the chucklefuck who doesn't actually know the game's rules.
>>
>For a measly 30pts you get a troops choice that Deep Strikes, has Objective Secured in a CAD, has a 5++, rerolling 1’s, is a Psyker and can be taken in units of up to 20, 2 wound models. Yes, they are only toughness 1, but who cares? They can go to ground in cover for a 3+, rerolling 1’s, generate Warp Charge, have an invul and come stock with 20 wounds.

Better than Grots....for cheaper.
>>
>>50402984
Oh you can, interesting, haven't' touched psykers since psychic powers WERE shooting attacks.
>>
>>50402989
>>50403001
Ah, ok then. So that's good then. I'm probably getting Magnus even just for modelling purposes anyway. Would be lovely to see which parts of the armour are optional. I'm not much a fan of it. Would rather have a butch, barechested pimp.
>>
>>50402963
They don't even need obsec. As far as I recall swooping creatures cant score at all. He will have to land if he ever wants to score an objective and 2++ or no he will eventually die if he's the only target for the entire 2000pt enemy army to shoot at/assault
>>
>>50402991
Buying them isn't as funny as pulling the clown car routine though.
>>
>>50403021
Or assembling and painting them.

Hell transporting them.

A touney level list with 1500 points of pink horrors with the double blue herald
>>
File: 1477786360777-tg.jpg (96KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
1477786360777-tg.jpg
96KB, 500x632px
Has anyone played or have seen the Guard Decurian in action? It looks like trash.
>>
>>50402963
6 units at a time, not including the fact that he can hit multiple units at once with novas and beams (including his fucking Str D beam).
>>
Anyone heard end of Fenris 2 yet?
>>
>>50403034
Where are all these warp charges coming from? Gaze needs minimum 5, soveven assuming you managed to harness every single warp charge you still only have d6 to cast these other 5 powers you are talking about.

Magnus alone is never going to take down 2000pts if anything that isnt orks or deldar
>>
>>50403050
TS won, SW lost but kept their dignity and everyone is happy.
>>
>>50403055
Any more detal than that? But good if true.
>>
>>50403032
Haven't seen how much they'll cost either. That should be...interesting.
>>
>>50403052
Oh, yeah, no that guy talking about going against 2k points by himself, that's ridiculous.

But in a real game he's only 650 and will have tons of support including a power that gives him more warp charges every time a friendly psyker within 18" successfully casts a power, thus reducing the number of charges wasted by other models.
>>
>>50403059
From B&C
Spoilers, duh
Logan doesn't die, unfortunately. Egil does by Magnus using that telekinesis power on him, makes him waste his own lascannon shot from a dead Long Fang to pause, get in front of the shot and die himself.cool.png Cheecky bastard. Big things: Logan forced to drill into Midgardia core and completely destroy the planet. Mortarion aided Magnus in bringing Nurgle to Midgardia but ain't Magnus's fault it failed. Psyhic backlash of billions dying, plus Logan, SW, having to destroy a world, more mirroring of misery SW caused 10,000 years ago. Logan sees an apparition of Leman Russ as he's losing on Fenris telling him to use his world's "bite" and so he fights using Fenris deathworld volcano at the TS, priests actually summon Fire Breather, mythic totem of Sven Bloodhowl's great Co. Magnus opens the sky, smashes all their ships together (remember in A Thousand Sons in HH he said he could do that to the SW?msn-wink.gif ) and Magnus has basically won.

Egil's death buys Logan a shot to use Axe of Morkai which turns out was made for Khorne so it wounds Magnus, psykers can hear Khorne laughing at Magnus, then everyone left uses everything they have at Magnus's wound and eventually push him out of reality. It's a pyrrhic victory. Like, pretty much everyone is dead. Where Midgardia was is now a cursed toxic meteor swarm for decades. As more demon primarchs, including Magnus, come out of the Eye and this whole Crusade thingy taking everyone by storm, Logan leads most of the remaining SW left alive to Cadia, perhaps in vain help. GK and Ordo hereticus get Logan to agree to "abduct" (kill) every Fenrisian native exposed to demons. So, population on Fenris, basically, bad. real bad. As they go Rune priests finally divine the ancient symbol in their rune castings of Prosperine "vengeance."

1/2
>>
>>50403050
An anon said some stuff here >>50402678. Up to you whether you believe it, although stuff like "Wolves summon a volcano totem" sounds like the sort of idiocy GW writes, people making shit up tend to be more grounded and realistic.
>>
>>50403072
2/2
News telepathically reaches Terra and all astropaths receiving die. Demon Primarchs are popping up everywhere and censored.gif got real. Instead of summoning an army, the 12 High Lords send a simple parchment affixed with their seals underneath Terra in the vaults of the Imperial Palace to a sacred order long labored in shadow, made for war , human in appearance but able to unmake a god. Pic of Sisters of Silence on the nex page.msn-wink.gif

Last thing revealed. Magnus did not fail. He took the power from Fenris, got his poetic justice, and now THE RITUAL WAS COMPLETE. The Planet of the Sorcerers leaves the Warp and bursts back into reality. I'm unclear of if it's in Fenris system where Midgardia was or somewhere else. And with it flowed a warp tide over the galaxy changing it forever...
>>
>>50403072
>>50403078

That's actually pretty good.

Fenris got wiped out, by the wolves themselves.

Just as planned.
>>
Is Eldar a wise pick for a first army? I know they're really fragile and specialised, which leads me to think they're not. But I like their fluff and models.
>>
>>50403072
>Logan agrees to genocide Fenris
>the same Logan who threw a shit fit when =I= wanted to genocide Armageddon

That sucks. Otherwise it's not too bad and I am a wolf fanboy.

>tfw my minor footnote in 5e of a wolf lord becomes a key character in fluff
>>
>>50403113
So you know, some will tell your they're a WAAC choice, but honestly if you stick to 1-in-3 heavy weapons on the jetbikes and don't go mad with the wraith stuff you'll be fine.
>>
>>50403115
I assume it was either everyone, including the Wolves die or some survives.
>>
>>50403072
>>50403078
No mention of Arhiman ? I'm a TS player, but I vastly prefer Arhiman to Magnus.
Otherwise, I'm pretty okay with this.
>>
Will the other Daemon Primarchs get a release like this?

Emperors children and just anything Slaanesh in general needs a major boost.
>>
>>50403142
Yup.
>>
>>50403072
>Logan doesn't die, unfortunately
>Logan leads most of the remaining SW left alive to Cadia

I have been saying this for months and you motherfuckers didn't believe me.
>>
>>50403128

How much wraith stuff is too much? The 1k list I'm looking at has a wraithlord and 5 wraithguard.
>>
>>50401901

dear sweet raptor jesus those new horror rules are fucking insane
>>
>>50403115
It's less assholeish to sacrifices his own world than to sacrifice someone elses.
>>
>>50403156
Wraithlord is not OP, and wraithguard it's mostly just the ones with D-flamers
>>
>>50403156
Wraithlords are fine. One unit of wraithguard should also be fine, especially if they have the cannons rather than the flamers.

Sorry to be like this, I know it's shitty to have to consider leaving cool things out because of how they'll be perceived by other players, but it seemed best to let you know eldar have a bit of a reputation these days. It's jetbikes with scatter lasers and wraithknights that really ruin cause it though.
>>
>human in appearance but able to unmake a god.

Bitch please. Drach'nyen aka the daemon inside Abaddon's sword, who is not even a god, killed a whole lot of SoS and Custards in the HH.

Am I expected to believe that these winches can threaten the traitor primarchs? Anyways, if the traitor primarchs are loosed, why don't anyone of them steal command of the crusade rather than be Abaddon's servants? It's out of character.
>>
>>50403208
I'd assume because each Traitor Primarch is focused on their own personal missions to care (like Magnus, his focus was to fuck over the Wolves, not continue the heresy or do Abaddon's bidding. the result may have helped or played part in it but that's where it ends). there's also the fact each of the aligned 4 is in contact with their patron god and thus know about the Great Game, so they follow along because they're beyond the point of seeing the smaller picture. Whoever their gods back gets their support, because it is all part of the game.
>>
>>50403208
Yes?

Being able to kill a thing doesn't make you immune to them.

SoS dies like normal humans to blades and bullets, but they can also force the unnatural back through veil, or render them vulnerable as mortals, threaten their eternal existence.
>>
>>50402828
yes, you can have a CAD with a LOW you dunce
>>
>>50403225
>played part in it but that's where it ends

Actually, the invasion/destruction of Fenris was Abaddon's design, not Magnus's.

If the spoilers are true, then the Mangus is in the Cadian Gate alongside Abaddon's forces and his other brothers. Clearly, they are supporting Abaddon' cause.

But putting aside that for now, currently Abaddon left his forces do their work in the Cadian Sector and is heading to, IIRC, core of the Eye of Terror. This ominous what does he intend to do there? This is no time for sight seeing.

Are we living in the End Times?
>>
>>50403189
>>50403199

Alright, how's this for 1k?

Autarch (Swooping Hawk Wings, Fusion Pistol, Power Weapon)

Wraithguard x5 (Wraithcannon)

Guardians x10 (Warlock, Starcannon)
Guardians x10 (Warlock, Starcannon)

Warp Spiders x5 (Exarch w/ TL Death Spinner)
Vyper (Bright Lance)

Wraithlord (Wraithglaive, 2x Flamer)
>>
>>50403156

never take D-scythes

no more than 3 wraithguard units per 2000 points

2 units in 1500 points

1 unit in 1000 points

1 wraithknight per 1500 points

1 wraithfighter per 1000 points

as many wraithlords as you want, they're basically dreadnoughts.
>>
>>50403228
>threaten their eternal existence.

Drach'nyen was eating them. EATING THEM. If they are a threat to its existence, the creature wouldn't have taken joy in munching on them.

Also creature was unstoppable until the Emperor showed up. So again, a daemon, not a god, kicked their asses. This wank over them "unmaking gods" is unfounded. They barely can fight Greater Daemons without it taking everything out of them.
>>
>>50403258

we were already living in the end times
>>
>Aun'va is ded
>Fenris is ded
>Eldar race/future is ded (thanks Eldrad)

What's going to happen next? hold me, /tg/. I am scared.
>>
Is space hulk another limited release?

I just want to know if I should panic buy it.
>>
>>50403321
Necron tomb worlds all suffer simultaneous malfunctions
>>
>>50403321

Fenris is fine, reading mc comprehendo.

It's Midgardia, one of their recruiting worlds, that they boomed.

Fenris is in standard "well shit this world got fucked by a major invasion but meh, we're the imperium we can replace the dead" status.
>>
>>50403332
Actually, that's not far from the truth. Matt Ward said that in the End Times Necrons mysteriously disappeared from the galactic scene.
>>
>>50403324
Probably yes.
>>
>>50403332
Necron janitor trips and sends a live vacuum cleaner flying through the Celestial Orerry.
>>
>>50403336
>recruiting worlds

Wait I thought the Wolves can only recruit from the planet Fenris.
>>
>>50403336
> GK and Ordo hereticus get Logan to agree to "abduct" (kill) every Fenrisian native exposed to demons. So, population on Fenris, basically, bad. real bad.

Learn to read.
>>
>>50403340
Makes sense honestly. When you have a race of eternal millenia-old dudes who have finished science, why the fuck would you continue living in the Milky Way? There's uncountable galaxies in the universe, just find another one to settle. Not like it's hard to get there with your FTL travel, miniaturized black holes, wormhole tech and teleportation.

Necrons are probably chillin' on the other side of the universe minding their own business waiting until the Milky Way sizzles out of existence.
>>
>>50403362

Midgardia is in the Fenris solar system.
>>
>>50403072
>Midgardia
Honestly, is pretty fucking terrible.
>>
>>50403371

Wow exactly what I fucking said!

Standard post-major invasion recovery cycle.
>>
>>50403389
>we can replace the dead

You can't just bring in new guys to Fenris.
>>
>>50403388
It's poetic. The Ragnarok happens and Midgard gets fucked up. Although the good guys win, the world is fucked up with a handful of desperate survivors. Who didn't see this coming?
>>
>>50403249
The question was is he was a HQ, he is not you n'wah.
>>
File: 99120102065_MagnustheRed06.jpg (84KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120102065_MagnustheRed06.jpg
84KB, 600x620px
Pick the face I'm gonna use /tg/

emo fringe on the bottom right counts as a face
>>
>>50403442
Classic Cyclops.
>>
>>50403442
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK
>>
>>50403423
Well... Fenris was supposed to slay the one eyed god but in term be slain by the least of his sons.

And the midgards wyrm was supposed to slay the greatest of his sons.
>>
>Thousand Sons still overpriced dog shit
>Tzeentch Terminators absurdly expensive
>Tzeentch sorcerers still locked into a discipline that is 50% dog shit
>still no units to put Disc Sorcerers into
>Tzeentch daemons made even more gimmicky and unfun to play against
Wow, thanks GW. People already sigh dramatically when I mention that I play Tzeentch daemons, and you decided to make them even worse while leaving Thousand Sons high and dry.

Griping aside, some of the relics look pretty neat, and Sorcerer spam got a pretty major boost.
>>
>>50403442
Emo fringe, obviously.
>>
>>50403072
>mutants in their ranks
>daemonic weapons
>team killing
>refusing ==I==

Oh wow, the shit list of Wolves just keeps getting better.
>>
>>50403468

>why can't BOTH halves of my army be OP instead of just one!
>>
>>50403362
Yes
The other worlds supply their ships and food and serfs
That's how we have a fenrisian inquisitor in the GK novel she was from one of the non savage worlds
>>
>>50403437
No the original question was how to easily get him into your army
FOLLOW THE CHAIN
>>
>>50403496
more like, why cant i have a nice fun army to play/play against
>>
>>50403321
Blades of Damocles had aun'va retconned into being an extremely manipulative cunt who basically ordered farsight to kill puretide because of jealousy and approved of lots of the more extreme experiments
>>
File: image.jpg (304KB, 827x1170px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304KB, 827x1170px
How do you see Black Templars?

Solem vow of silence killers? Crazy shouting fanatics? Are they savage attackers or calm and disciplined? Emo or burly and tough?
>>
>>50403496
I don't want either half to be OP, shitposter. I want both halves to be fun to play against and viable in semi-competitive to competitive environments.

The Tzeentch Daemon decurion being fairly mediocre is great, since the WFH is still very strong, and allowing us to sub out of the 1's reroll for saves is fantastic for making Tzeentch daemons less of a chore to play against. Then they fuck it all up by turning Pink Horrors into the most ridiculously powerful unit in the game.
>>
>>50403528
He's still dead though.

>>50403536
The formations and shit makes TSons great.
>>
>>50403496
To be fair, that's not what he's saying. CSM fans, especially LEGION fans, want to play the bloody LEGION itself well and not attach daemons to it. And very few of us want the faction to be OP as fuck, we just want them fun and playable.

Now, against him, I don't agree with half of what he says. It's pretty shortsighted on some things. rubrics are still shit, but only fielded solo out of formations/combos. Terminators aren't vastly overcosted compared to regular CSM termies and the TS ones are actually fucking useful so that's a good tradeoff. In the detachment, you have re-rolls on Perils and 1 more cast per Sorc making the table more bearable (and only few are locked into it, I think only Rubric Sorcs). Disc Sorcs, I think, can be accompanied by Spawn which is both effective and fluffy, especially to keep your expensive Exalted Sorcs safe.
>>
feels strange that there's such a cataclysmic 40k update with the introduction of a fucking demi-god and I'm just here working on my 4-man Ogryn Kill Team.
>>
>>50403535

>Solemn vow
>Crazy shouting fanatics
>savage attackers
>burly and tough
>>
>>50403551

ALL ARE MEANINGFUL IN THE EYES OF THE EMPEROR
>>
Aren't the only blue horror and brimstone horror models available in 2's or 3's on the base of the chariot, and in crimson tower? How does when go about even getting exponentially more mini horrors for this split rule?

Casting, or I guess you can green stuff some pretty convincing ones too.
>>
File: ALWAYS ANGRY.gif (516KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
ALWAYS ANGRY.gif
516KB, 300x225px
>>50403468

absurdly expensive for a rerollable 2+ 3++ unit that shits out AP3 lead by a ML2 sorcerer who can roll on eleven disciplines.

of course they're sodding expensive, all terminators are expensive, they're a good unit. they're not competitive by any means but the competitive meta is so fucking cancerous as is that you'd get dirty looks every time you pulled one of them out.

do you want to be on par with the fucking tau and eldar? do you want the internet to tell you what you can or cannot take? do you want people to refuse to play you on principle, without having to look at your list!

speaking as a guy who runs a shit tonne of firedragons in falcons supported by guardians and war-walkers, IT FUCKING SUCKS

I bought a wraithknight back in 6th when it was merely good and gave it the suncannon, I spent a fucking month painting that thing and now I'm not allowed to fucking use it if i want a game with anyone other than Mr 5 grayplastic riptides.

being competitive sucks ass, being on an army that gets bandwagoned sucks ass, just be glad your army just came out strong you ungrateful wankstain of a CSM player
>>
Just got a set of prospero

Can you actually make a good marine army without spamming drop pods or free transports?

I'm not talking ultra cheese I just mean decent to good
>>
>>50403078
>shit's fucked guys what are we gonna do

>titan legions? Knight houses? Death korps, steel legion, savlar Chem dogs? Ordinatus employment? Assassinorum?

>nah let's get these 20 girls with swords.
>>
>>50403577
I actually posted about this in the WIP thread.

Silicone caulking left to cure a little bit, then molded a bit like glassblowers do it. Leave to fully cure and voila, wispy flame-like tentacle-ridden buggers with faces. Could mix in glycerin so the silicone cures throughout gradually and can even mix in some paint to make them in funky colours.

Then someone recommended I get a box of Nurglings and splitting the little buggers up as much as possible to get 2-3 per base and doing some modifications. Could pull out a good 16+, maybe even a full 20 squad from a single box. Still juggling both ideas, would make for a great cheapshit troop squad for warp charges, ObjSec and allowing me to field my old rubrics inna blob for that sweet BRRTcannon
>>
>>50403542
Yes but they also have his successor trapped in commoragh where he is undergoing a humbling and return to the duty of the ethereal and empathy for others
>>
>>50403638

wait, theirs an ethereal in commoragh? when the fuck did that happen.
>>
>>50403607
The silicone sounds like a fun project
>>
>>50403638
>>50403656
Aun'Shi
>>
>>50403604
I'm pretty sure all but one of those are already in Cadia waiting to defend on the next black crusade.
>>
>>50403669
Which is hilarious because Abaddon is skipping Cadia entirely.
>>
File: WP_20161125_16_55_09_Rich.jpg (5MB, 5258x2960px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161125_16_55_09_Rich.jpg
5MB, 5258x2960px
For the guy in last thread here's the list I brought to that game:
It will be horribly formatted just to warn you cause I'm doing it from memory.
HQ Squadron
Vanquisher 135pts
Lascannon 10pts
Plasma Sponsons 30pts
Tank Commander 30pts
205pts
Executioner 155pts
Lascannon 10 pts
Plasma Sponsons 30pts
195pts
Primaris pysker 50pts
Mastery Level 2 25pts
75pts
Techpriest Enginseer 40pts
Commissar 25pts
Plasma pistol 15pts
Powersword 15pts
55pts
Troops:
Platoon Command Squad 30pts
Voxcaster 5 pts
Flamer 5pts
Melta Gun 10pts
50pts
Infantry Squad 50pts
Voxcaster 5pts
Flamer 5pts
Melta bomb 5pts
65pts x5
325pts
Heavy Weapons Squad 45pts
3 Lascannons 60pts
105 pts
Veterans 60pts
2 Plasma Guns 30pts
Powersword 15pts
Grenadier Doctrine 15pts
120pts
Dedicated Transports:
Chimera 65pts
Heavy Flamer free
Multilaser free
65 x2
130pts
Elites:
Scion Command Squad 85 pts
2 Melta Guns 20pts
Plasma Gun 15 pts
Plasma Pistol 15 pts
135pts
Scions Squad 70pts
Plasma pistol 15pts
2 Volley Guns 20pts
Melta bomb 5pts
110pts
Heavy Support:
Leman Russ Battle Tank 150pts
Lascannon 10pts
Heavy Bolters 20pts
180pts
Demolisher Squadron:
Demolisher 170pts
Lascannon 10pts
180 x2
360pts
>>
>>50403663
It does, doesn't it? But I'll have to see. I'd need to greenstuff the nurgling anyway and I suck donkeyballs at that. And there's no guarantee silicone will work as I picture it. Might just plop down into a mess anytime I try to work it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Hello /tg/, how is your weekend?
I played a 1000 point game, my Orks vs Tau today!

Warboss Noggin'Cracker on his bike in a rematch vs the tau.
>>
>>50403607
>>50403663
Yeah, I'm gonna give it a try I think.

Thanks Anon
>>
>>50403692
No problem!! Just please post pics and describe how the process went! would be great to see if it actually works or not!
>>
>>50403584
>rerollable 2+ 3++ unit
Stopped reading right there. No point discussing this with someone who can't even be assed to know what he's talking about.

>>50403577
Presumably they'll repackage them as standalone boxes at some point. Otherwise, the Split rule will largely (thankfully) stay a hypothetical boogyman.

>>50403543
>>50403536
The issue is that a lot of the formations don't do much for baseline Rubrics.

Favoured of Tzeentch is essentially irrelevant as you need multiple-thousands of points to activate it for Rubricae.

Reroll perils is nice, but it only helps protect the Asp. Sorc from himself.

One additional casting per Sorcerer likewise doesn't do jack shit for the Aspiring Sorcerer. Tzeentch's Firestorm is still an awful spell not worth wasting Warp Charge on.

Reroll 1's to hit as long as you cast is pretty great, although it is unfortunate that it clashes with both combi-bolters and divination.

The "+1 Invuln while Blessed" thing is nice, but it relies on multiple moving parts coming together, and the Aspiring Sorcerer can't really proc if for the unit.
>>
>>50403593
Yes. Pick a Demi-company, build it. Pick an auxiliary formation, build it. Add whatever you want to taste.

Boom, a decent to good army.
>>
>>50403706
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that rubrics are meant to be led by separate Sorcs for synergy and wargear. they perform better in every way.
>>
>>50403691
>grey tau
Why am I not even surprised?
>>
>>50403723
This.

There are no "Aspiring Sorcers" in Thousand Sons, the're Sorcerers, and dustbins.
>>
>>50403735
'cause.. it's been posted repeatedly over the last month?
>>
>>50403723
Pretty much. I'm just pissed/disappointed that the Thousand Sons unit still has a 58 point albatross around its neck.
>>
>Tsons can get a 3++ when you cast a Blessing
>Boon of Mutation and Siphon Magic are the only 2 blessings

So do I have to get Exalted sorcerors to tag along with everyone?
>>
>>50403739
I always thought Aspiring Sorcerors were just Psykers they got from outside the Legion they're training.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>50403691
It actually went quite well despite a few hiccups, namely the nobz getting pinned and the kannonz failing to wound.

Pictured is the boss and some tank bustas murdering his riptide, catching it after a shorter than he was expecting assault move.
>>
>>50401333
Yeah, I've got a Thousand Sons sorcerer who started to run out of rubrics.
Couldn't rustle up any mooks because of his hardcore eugenics policy on geneseed (if your papa wasn't a sorceror, you get raptor duty), so he made a deal with a nearby warpsmith and commissioned him to make suits of power armor.
Together with the technical know-how of the warpsmith combined with a cobbled-together rubric of Ahriman, they found a way to summon daemons into these suits.
>So basically I run converted liberators and prosecutors as possessed and warp talons respectively.
>>
>>50403748
I know, that really fucking blows. How hard is it to allow them to buy fucking Spell Familiars for fuck sake?! IT'S ONE LINE OF FUCKING TEXT!
>>
>>50403078
>Last thing revealed. Magnus did not fail. He took the power from Fenris, got his poetic justice, and now THE RITUAL WAS COMPLETE

So Chaos loses, but not really because they had a secret plan that succeeded
Same as usual
>>
>>50403535
> PUUUURGING WIIITH MY KIIIIIIIIN
>>
>>50403787
In what way did they lose?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>50403759
MVP of the game was my tank busta nob who went to ground, surviving 23 shots from a fire warrior team holding the objective and finally used his one remaining wound to absorb overwatch from two different units for the boss.

RIP
>>
>>50403757
You think they'de let them lead their true brothers?
>>
>>50403804
Logan kicked Magnus's ass with the Morkai Axe, and Fenris still live, even if weakened which is what happens every time too, like it happened to the Ultramar system against the Tyranids
>>
>>50403817
Someone's got to.
>>
>>50403825
They also killed off the entire Fenris system, either directly or indirectly. The Wolves are screwed.
>>
File: Furby.jpg (2KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
Furby.jpg
2KB, 125x120px
>Thousand Sons still suck

Thanks Gdubs
>>
>>50403817
>>50403827
I think it's actually fluffy in a way. the mooks led by the apprentice, led by the master sorcerer. Just a shame the Exalted Sorcs start at fuckin' 160. this is gonna be one expensive as shit army points-wise.

I got so much conversion work to do on my current TS models. Kill me, pham.
>>
>>50403838
>Can have a full squad of Rubrics move 12", have 3++ and buffs, overwatch and oozing AP3 dakka and/or AP4 ignores cover errywhere.
That's not a bad thing, anon.
>Termies will actually threaten something now
>Fucktons of Sorcs means you can now play a legit fluffy TSons army!!
>FUCK YEAH SPAWN
>Skullfucking everyone in the psychic phase
>>
>>50403832
By what was posted in this thread we know that one planet was destroyed and that Fenris had its population extremely reduced, but not whipped out
If you have more precise leaks I'm willing to change my view, obviously
>>
>>50403684
Do you see the blue paint?
>>
Anyone else gonna constantly use Boon of Mutation on Magnus even with the risks, just for shits & giggles and free invuln boosts?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>50403816
At the end of turn 5 the Orks had slaughtered the fire warriors, rout the path finders, disintergrator the suits and table the tau!

Apart from a squad of stealth suits with only two guys left.
The game ended with 11 points each, a draw.

Almost won, better luck next time boyz!
>>
>>50403846
>mooks
They are the anima of their brothers of 10.000 years, they were only even the thousand so their bond is that much stronger.
>>
So the magnus model is a fucking kaigu. I'm kind of dissapointed desu as I think overly huge models in 40k is a bit lame.

But he can also see through terrain for mind bullets...

Wouldn't it be cooler if he was a less obnoxiously huge model so he could actually make use of that rule?

Like if one of the mysteriously vanished primarchs come back any fight between them will just look fucking silly. IMO Magnus should've been a bit bigger than a regular daemon prince rather than the size of a knight.
>>
How would Kharne react to a fuck ton of T-Son sorcerers walking up to him and poking him so their rubicae get a better invul?
>>
>>50403423
is pottery then

it rhymes
>>
>>50403930
He could get bigger than he is now when he was (kinda)human. No way he was going to be small.
>>
>>50403963
Difference between larger than a marine and size of a knight, anon
>>
File: Chaos Epologue.png (703KB, 771x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Epologue.png
703KB, 771x1117px
fucking CSM players will literally never be happy

literally never, they've got a persecution complex a mile wide and its pathetic
>>
>>50403873
>see anon, thousand sons don't suck
>look, you can assemble this 500+ point, 2+ character, 2+ relic pseudo-deathstar that will fail to make it's points back 9/10 games
>truly, the enemy will tremble in fear when your Thousand Sons unit almost completely wipes out that 5 man tactical squad lurking in the trees
Also, those Terminators are pretty shitty. They might be viable if you give them the jump book AND they have access to Power/Chainfists. Otherwise they'll be an extremely expensive melee unit with no teeth and no way of getting into melee.
>>
>>50400798
Get started formation that lets you deep strike units back into the game.
>>
>>50403973
He could get big enough to wrestle a Titan, Anon.
>>
>>50403963

What size he gets when casting Iron Arm or his buffed up level 5 psyker super-Iron Arm equivalent is is kinda irrelevant to his default size.

And if his default size gives him a statline with T7 and not a GMC, he really shouldn't be imperial knight sized.

Plus as that other guy said, he'll look ridiculous duelling another Primarch on the tabletop. Hell, he looks all sorts of wrong scaled next to his own troops.
>>
File: waaagh.jpg (169KB, 569x571px) Image search: [Google]
waaagh.jpg
169KB, 569x571px
>>50403978
>650 points
>normal MC
"please ground me and fuck my mouth with poisoned"
>>
So do i pick up the LE of Wrath or not?
I've only just got back from work so i haven't had time to thread the whole thread yet
>>
>>50403978
HEY!
Don't lump me in with these ungrateful shits.

I've got a T-Son pseudo codex, You think I'm not ecstatic?

>>50403994
Congratulations you quoted a piece of fluff.
Doesn't mean he spent his days as a 80foot monster
>>
>Any Chaos Space Marines detachment may be from the Thousand Sons. If they are, they have the following modifications:
>Psykers from the Detachment can choose to generate all of their powers from the Discipline of Tzeentch.
Wowzers. Thanks for that massive buff, GW.

This is why GW can't fix factions without rewriting the core codex first. They end up wasting space and benefits trying to fix stupid errors and holdovers from previous editions.
>>
>>50403994
Right, but is his FW model going to be as big as a titan?

No, it's gonna be a bit bigger than the biggest primarch we've had so far because that looks nice on tabletop.

Just as this magnus should be a hench demon prince rather than a super-giga anime kaigu.

Also what the fuck were they thinking with the new Pink Horror rules?

Is this some kind of trick to try and make everyone rush out and spend their life savings on silver tower boxes?
>>
>>50404011
>Doesn't mean he spent his days as a 80foot monster
This. The guy follows the god of CHANGE. He can literally resize himself as he sees fit. A massive towering imposing motherfucker will strike fear into the hearts of mortal enemies.
>Don't lump me in with these ungrateful shits.
FUCKING this!
>>50403990
Don't be rude. We'll know better once we have the full rules and playtest. it doesn't have to be supercheese to be good.
>>
File: ANGER.gif (565KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
ANGER.gif
565KB, 246x205px
>>50404009

>normal MC

>S8 T7 W7 4++

>IWND

>EW

>ML5

>SD BEAM ATTACK

>NORMAL
>>
>>50404009

When have you ever seen a FMC both actually get grounded and have it actually matter?

Hint: It isn't grounded until shooting is already done, it can start flying again on it's next turn and you need to get off a successful charge with something a monstrous creature can't beat in assault.
>>
>>50404018
Doesn't this essentially mean you can have a Chaos Warband that has all of the rules, warlord traits, artefacts etc of the Thousand Sons while having everyone ObjSec etc?

Also Traitor Legions book may give TS even more shit.
>>
File: g-goy pls.png (15KB, 183x232px) Image search: [Google]
g-goy pls.png
15KB, 183x232px
>Already play TZ daemons at 1k
>Always loved TSons
Do i get the Limited WoM or not - those magic cards are hella sweet
>>
>>50404009

and even if it were to get grounded and somehow also shot at, who the fuck has enough poison to kill a fucking daemon primarch in one turn?

the Deldar? are you seriously worried about getting your ass kicked by DELDAR?
>>
All you Chaos players bitching and moaning that you got a decent codex should fucking kill yourselves.

-t someone who's codex hasn't even been decent since 4th edition
>>
>>50403757
The sons aren't infertile. Long as someone can tug the geneseed out of them they can toss it into some fresh meat and hope.
>>
>>50404058
I'm passing on it. It's a beautiful piece but I've never been suckered into buying that shit. I love DIY though so I'm probably gonna make my own coins, counters and magic cards.
>>
>>50403978
Well, I don't really play anymore but I wouldn't be that pleased.

They made Magmoose the size of a knight so they could sell him to fanboys for £80 even though he looks ridiculous and they made pink horrors require fuckloads of models you can only find in the silver tower.

Also Tzangors are literally age of sigmar models with 40k arm sprues added. Like people wanted this kind of shit for Beastmen in old WHFB, not for fucking 40k.

I'd rather just have an actual multi-part kit for cultists than having to use the same old Dark Vengeance models.

The only thing to be that pleased about are new termies, exalted sorcs and new psychic powers, and psychic powers are literally words on pages with a production value of typing them out and playing some games of warhammer.
>>
>>50404058
Depends, are you in the UK or US? If so, go for it.

Aus or NZ? No way.

>>50404075
Horror splitting rules are optional.

>
Also Tzangors are literally age of sigmar models with 40k arm sprues added. Like people wanted this kind of shit for Beastmen in old WHFB, not for fucking 40k.

Tzaangors were in 40k before you were born.
>>
>>50404060

there's really no excuse anymore, the chaos space marines are battle brothers with one of the most powerful armies in the game, have recieved more supplementary material than the rest of 40k PUT TOGETHER. and now have the strongest psyker in the game, who just so happens to have a S-D 18" BEAM PSYCHIC ATTACK, HARNESS WARP CHARGES ON A 2+ AND CAN CAST 6 POWERS A TURN WHILE IN HIS DECURION

HE DOES THIS WHILE KNOWING 15 POWERS, AT LEAST HALF OF WHICH ARE USEFUL, AND HE IGNORES LOS SO YOU CAN'T EVEN HIDE FROM HIM

WTF
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 488x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 488x763px
>>50404060
>having ANY codex since 4th edition
>t
>>
>>50404087
>Horror splitting rules are optional.

>you have the option to use this rule that benefits you

????
>>
>>50404100
You have absolutely no room to complain, mary sue.
>>
File: Epic Magnus.jpg (67KB, 900x510px) Image search: [Google]
Epic Magnus.jpg
67KB, 900x510px
>>50404075

magnus has been that big since epic
>>
>>50404104
It's for people who don't want to bother carrying a metric fuckton of miniatures/don't have the money for them and for people who want to play Daemons without being hyperdickfaces about it.

Just like how I use the Optimised Stealth Cadre to save on CAD slots but only activate the rule in dire circumstances or mostly just when the opponent is being a real dick and I want to slap him on the bum.
>>
>>50404104
You sad it required it. It doesn't.

And even if you want to use the rules, people have been using tokens and counters for Blue Horrors for years.
>>
File: Pain Glove Dorn.gif (27KB, 200x166px) Image search: [Google]
Pain Glove Dorn.gif
27KB, 200x166px
>>50404104

>Complains that horror splitting requires tonnes of models

>gets told the rule is optional

>asks why people would not use it

2/10 apply yourself
>>
>>50404067
>>50404087
Think i'm going to have to pass i'm afraid
After buying the DE Archon edition and getting burned i'll have to wait n see

That and i'm using any model funds for an airbrush + compressor to improve my skills
>>
>>50404130
>2/10

But I got 3 (you)s
>>
>>50404132
A very wise choice, Anon. Good luck!
>>
File: (you).jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>50404140

heres another
>>
>50404089
No (You) for you
>>
Another day spent making lists for every army trying to decide which to go with.
>>
>>50404033
Fuck you. Thousand Sons (the unit) are going to be worthless tax even in the detachment that's supposed to benefit them. Hell, the entire detachment is pretty fucking shitty. You're better off just taking a formation of the Exalted Sorcerers and bolting it onto a Renegades and Heretics shell.

This release is 6th edition CSM all over again. Magnus/Warpcoven are the Baledrake, and Thousand Sons/Scarab Occult are baseline CSM. Hell, it even has a Cultist unit that's far better than the faction's namesake unit.
>>
>>50403528
Aun'Va was always a manipulative cunt. We have known this since The Tau 6th ED dex came out and the first Damocles Anthology was released. Check the dates on them.

>>50403638
Goddamnit, you have the time awarness of toddler. Aun'shi being stuck in the dark City happened way before. He got out and reached the enclaves, and then came back to T'au to join the council just in time for the TSE.

He was present on Agrellan for round 1 and 2.
>>
Should I go Admech or Necrons for my first army?
>>
File: Alpha Legion.png (112KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Legion.png
112KB, 349x642px
>>50404140
>>
>>50404205
New Thread
>>50404205
New Thread
>>50404205
New Thread
>>
>>50404198
Necrons are old hat while admech are the new flavour.
Go admech, be the snowflake.
>>
>>50404198
Admech, Crons are boring AF
>>
>>50404184
Listen man, calm your fucking tits. I have been suffering with the shitty TSons myself for over 6 years so I know the frustration but you can't just say the entire thing is fucking terrible, especially without having the codex right there with the final entries written down, formation makeup and all that. Give it time, let us playtest.

I'm talking from a perspective of "fuck the cancerous competitive scene", mind you. I find no joy in it and I would've been annoyed if TSons was Op to the point of serving a hot magical load deep in Taudar cornholes.

Before we were forced to pay premium prices to field 2-3 sorcerers who had shit powers, no fluff or flavour, no special artefacts bar a scroll nobody ever took and having -1- unit and 1 HQ that everyone agreed were shit. We had to field this gimped out army that looks and feels NOTHING like the TSons for a decade+ while convincing ourselves that yeah, this is the old powerful legion.

Now we got new, beautiful models, rules, artefacts, wargear, our goddamn primarch back, oodles of psychic powers and formations and detachments that allow the TSons to FEEL like TSons and dominate the psychic phase like we should.

Yes, it doesn't address every little nitpick we had nor genuine issue but we got a good bit of fluffy love in this update we can make it work and have fun doing it. Please, think more positive about this and look at the bigger picture.
>>
>>50404198
Admech. Crons were cool before they fluffraped them into space egypts.
>>
>>50404075
>They made Magmoose the size of a knight so they could sell him to fanboys for £80 even though he looks ridiculous

Magnus has always been described as a giant among his brothers, why the fuck wouldn't he be huge as a Daemon Prince? He even had a fucking Epic model for fucks sake.

>they made pink horrors require fuckloads of models you can only find in the silver tower.

Brimstone horrors are going to be sold as a separate thing eventually.

>Also Tzangors are literally age of sigmar models with 40k arm sprues added. Like people wanted this kind of shit for Beastmen in old WHFB, not for fucking 40k.

You do realize that Tzaangor's have been in 40k for a long time now? If you're going to complain about shit, at least try to be informed about it.

>I'd rather just have an actual multi-part kit for cultists than having to use the same old Dark Vengeance models.

Not really relevant to the current release, but it seems like you're just finding things to bitch about.

>>50404198
Necrons are good if you happen to have no experience painting, and are decent fun. But Admech isn't a bad army to start out with.
>>
>>50404370
More like crons were boring as all fuck before the fluff change. While going full space Egypt wasn't the best route in my mind, it was better than the dull doomsday race they were before that.

>>50404198
Go AdMech, they are pretty easy to learn due to being a newer army (hence less pileup of rules and such) and you don't have to spend too much since they don't really have that many units to begin with.
>>
>>50404075
>I don't really play anymore

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>50404211
>Go admech, be the snowflake.
like everyone else
>>
>>50403321

>Eldar race/future is ded (thanks Eldrad)

It astounds me how much of /tg/ is illiterate and how much of /tg/ parrots things illiterate people say without reading anything. Infinity circuits would only be depleted when the ritual reached it's climax. Ritual didn't reach it's climax, therefore no depletion. Also, nothing said Ynnead was gone forever. In fact, it implies he's partially existent as a shard clearly formed and darted off somewhere into space.

Somehow a standard status quo preservation was interpreted as the EXACT opposite.
>>
any info on the thousand sons formations?
>>
>>50405102
have you read through the thread?
>>
>>50405161
Yes, but maybe missed it. Would check again :(
>>
>>50405183

Just google "War zone fenris wrath of magnus review dataslates and special rules" then when the Frontline Gaming link comes up click cached.

Their website appears to be down (at least for me) but you can still read what it said.
>>
>>50404991

This happens with a lot of 40k memes, anon. Almost nobody here actually reads the book. It's like how you can post literally anything on /pol/ with a fake news article that 404s, and they'll all believe it because none of them ever read the link (lel). So basically some troll here who actually did read the book but is shitposting says "wow guys eldar are dead!!!!" and another says "confirmed" and so for the next few years every anon who didn't read it thinks that's what happened.
>>
>>50402207

Run this against the Tyranid special formation that lets you bring gaunt (or was it genestealer) squads back from the dead indefinitely and let them duke it out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvuVWJszF_A

oh hey a dev log
Thread posts: 396
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.