[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SLA Industries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (54KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 200x300px
Does anyone else play this game? It has such a great setting with all the grim darkness of 40k but with the humour and irony that later editions seem to have lost. I've been planning on running a game with my group as soon as our current campaign is over and I was wondering if anyone else on /tg/ have had any experiance with it.
>>
>>50399473
I prefer the Savage Worlds adaption, as it is less reliant on negative modifiers to offset the the high stats.

What are you going to do with The Truth?
>>
What files fit
>>
Ah man if you actually have a GM psychotic enough to go through the whole rule book and attempt the reassemble the actual gods damn rules from where they were spread randomly throughout the book with no sense of logic or playability in mind SLA industries is a fucking blast.

But for serious reals I think they edited the book with a fucking shotgun.
>>
>>50400653
>>
Wasn't published but may still be canon.
>>
>>
>>
>>50400861
Not canon anymore after that fallout between the original creator(s) and the then lead developer, which resulted in yet another long hiatus/hibernation of the game. However, it is in the process of waking up once more with a miniature skirmisher in playtest, a reprint of the old rulebook (the black 1.1 version) about to be delivered, and new releases (including the "official" replacement of blood and glass) in the pipeline.

>>50400685
I always found the rules as presented in the corebook pretty straight forward. Later additions (looking at you, CD and CS1) muddled the waters however, breaking some of the basics (like every roll being target 11) that made the original rules so easy to remember.
>>
>>
>>50399473
Always liked it conceptually, but I don't think I could be arsed to actually play/run/learn enough setting info to do either well. It seemed like something I enjoyed admiring from a distance, in full appreciation of its very 90's X-Treme vibe.
>>
>>50399473
I used to play/run it a lot, its not without its flaws but there's an awful lot of really awesome shit in those books.
Think most of the old guard of fans got fed up with the abject laziness of the people writing it and its kind of fallen off the radar for most gaming groups.
>>
I think the biggest thing going for SLA Industries for me and a lot of the players I know was actually how little setting info there is.

The setting is more like lattice work - holes everywhere, but you get a general idea for a kind of... feel of the world. You are pretty much required to add your own stuff to it to fill in those holes but what is already there makes it really easy to do so. You could perhaps say that it is a game that carters to people who like to do campaign/world building without having to go at it from scratch.

Probably that is also the reason why there was such a huge amount of fan content lying about, although much of that has fallen of the net by now.

If I do SLA nowadays, the first thing for me is to sift through all the material and think what kind of version of the world I want to set up. What official info to include or exclude, what old fan materials to use, what of my own stuff, and what I want to create in the first place for this iteration.
>>
File: a3ba7e8b7dff4919d768c36af5fbadbb.jpg (596KB, 2193x3176px) Image search: [Google]
a3ba7e8b7dff4919d768c36af5fbadbb.jpg
596KB, 2193x3176px
What does anyone think about new SLA wargame? I haven't played it, but miniatures look really neat. Always loved Shivers design, so it's pretty great to see them in such format.
>>
>>50401961

Hard to say before everything is fully nailed down, but so far I like the ideas they are developing (though I also liked some of the ideas they dropped from the rules - such as the opposed rolls).

One thing I noted is that with a bit of bad luck early on, you can get stuck on a downward spiral pretty fast and its hard to turn things around, which has to do with the Ratings economy (you generate points from good results which can then be used to improve results/activate abilities which help sou succeed).
That can be a bit frustrating, but a game is short enough for that to be bearable. (Although I would really recommend to get rid of that part once they move out of the small skirmish arena, which they say the want to do in the future...)

The miniatures so far are pretty great and I love that they always include alternate parts even though the figures are not fully multipart.
>>
OP here, I thought this thread was dead in the water but I am glad to see there are others who have even heard of this game outside of the nightfall games forums.

>>50400685
Well clearly I am psychotic seeing as to how I am the GM.

>>50400586
In regards to the truth I was planning on ignoring it and making up my own version of the "Truth" for my players to slowly discover.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.