[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best systems for your favorite movie/tv show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Aliens-1986-Poster.jpg (852KB, 1667x2531px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens-1986-Poster.jpg
852KB, 1667x2531px
What system would you use to run your favorite film or show?

Also, what would you guys suggest for Aliens?
>>
>>50399160
I think Traveller could work pretty well for Aliens.
>>
>>50399160
CoC for Aliens. Maybe Delta Green

Honestly I run everything I like with Savage Worlds. I mean, I haven't gotten to that point where people find the system boring yet.(Is that even a thing? I really don't understand the hate for SW)

I'm currently writing the basics for a SW JoJo setting.
>>
>>50399219
>>50399169
I was considering CoC, what's the benefit of Traveller?
>>
>>50399160
Aliens are just a degenerate form of Zombies, so: All Flesh Must Be Eaten would be my go-to for Aliens.
>>
>>50399353
It's got a harsh damage system so you can go "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER" and also most of the tech that's in Aliens will have rules already there for you.
>>
>>50399160
Aliens RPG. Barring that, DarkHeresy/Only War.
>>
File: max-damage.png (188KB, 886x732px) Image search: [Google]
max-damage.png
188KB, 886x732px
>>50400335
>harsh system
lel. you don't know what a harsh damage system is until you have taken 80,000 points of damage
pic is from Aliens RPG
>>
It's not perfect but West End Games' D6 system is made for quick and dirty adaptations of tv, movie, and book settings. Using its sister game Mini Six and making minor tweaks I even managed a serviceable version of FFTA Ivalice, though it was for a casual game more based on roleplaying than combat.
>>
My favorite film is 12 Angry Men, so I think Fiasco or something like it.
>>
>>50399160
Tv and films shouldn't be adapted.

Steal from them outright, but don't adapt them. The rules of RPGs are different from the rules of shows and movies and, if you try to copy them, you're just gonna fuck up what was good about them and end up with a stale RPG.
>>
File: The_GURPS_Reich.jpg (97KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
The_GURPS_Reich.jpg
97KB, 610x458px
>pic related
>>
>>50399160
>>
>>50403956
>Steal from them outright, but don't adapt them.
The same should apply to tv and movie adaptations of everything.

1-Steal from them, instead of making an adaptation
2-If they complain, telling copyright infrigiment, pay them
>>
>>50403956
>>>50400335
>>harsh system
>lel. you don't know what a harsh damage system is until you have taken 80,000 points of damage
>pic is from Aliens RPG
>>>
> Anonymous 11/26/16(Sat)08:17:43 No.50403307

I should have clarified. I meant more like if you wanted to play something in that world, or heavily inspired by the scenario.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.