[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Senate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1473470931418.jpg (46KB, 564x845px) Image search: [Google]
1473470931418.jpg
46KB, 564x845px
My fellow humans of the Sol Republic, a tragedy has occurred.

As you know, our war with the Glorbulans has dragged into its ninth year of on-and-off fighting. In the obscure Zeta-XX System, solar radar detected a fleet of ships entering from the galactic south. The officer in charge commanded a missile be sent at once--only for that missile to destroy a civilian merchant ship. It turned out that a Zorblaxian freighter had arrived much sooner than expected. An inspection of the radar system revealed that it was damaged and had misdetected the hyperspace signature.

The Zorblaxians are demanding that we turn over the officer in charge and cede the Zeta-XXY System, which both of our empires claim, in recompense.

As we all know, the Zorblaxians are technically neutral, but heavily favor the Glorbulans. It's extremely probable that they somehow sabotaged our radar system and sent that ship in knowing it would be destroyed, but no one can prove it. If we refuse their demand, they may use it as causus belli and declare for the Glorbulans formally. They aren't powerful, but it would heavily damage us politically. If we cede the system and turn over the captain, however, we'll look weak. If we accuse them of sabotage without evidence, we'll look like fools.

Let us assume that we will be unable to prove our innocence. What should we do?
>>
We attempt to negotiate for one or the other they either get the officer or get the system, not both.
>>
>>50398193
Why did this officer fire without first identifying the target? He ought to be court marshaled.

And even if not, why can't we prove it was the radar system and offer compensation and justice?

Why do they have the right that we cede the System over a technical error? The issue is unrelated.

Our soldier screwed up, but the Zorblaxians are completely out of line. If they insist on those demands, then we don't negotiate with terrorists, and make the Zorblaxians' irrationality apparent to the rest of the galaxy.
>>
>>50398193

Firstly, I'd like to thank the Solar Bureau of Xenolinguistics for their exceptional work conveying to us the nuances of the Zorblaxian demand; A language which does not distinguish between objective and subjective imperatives can present a challenge for diplomacy if not properly interpreted.

More to the point, My fellow representatives from the Interplanetary Worker's Party, myself counted, have insisted time and time again for the necessity of The Solar Republic becoming a signature to the Galactic Accord on Interspecies Warcrimes.

We advocated this when it was our grievance made for the Canis Sterilizing.

We advocated this when the ICS Vasa was pillaged, Human and Glorbulan passengers alike captured and sold into the most base slavery at the hands of rogue military elements, now held unaccountable.

We bear no delusions that becoming signatures would end such barbarism, or much less sign any end to warfare. Our own history and unification tells us that institutions alone cannot unify and spell and end to strife and cruelty.
>>
>>50402389

But nonetheless we as Humans must seek to assume the moral and ethical high ground in all our doings. Our Enlightenment heritage demands no less from us.

As such- I stand to announce our resolution to form a co-species commission, formed from members of both species diplomatic and ethical Bureaus. This commission will be given oversight over the trial of this offending officer who, if found guilty, will be subject to imprisonment in a co-overseen location.
As for the issue of territorial revanchism, we as always emphasize our staunchly Anti-Imperialist stance, and insist again that cooperation and unity in the face of bullish jingoism is the only answer to such base vulgarities.
I need not remind the assembly of the continued position of our Party to resist and refuse participation in this war beyond the agreed upon self-defense articles which the Jovian Worker's Committee have been signatures to.

This does not however, dull our intent to perform our task as Humans and as Solar denizens, to participate in the human prosecution of our duties.
I yield the floor, thank you Proctor.
>>
File: 1477900518809.jpg (326KB, 749x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477900518809.jpg
326KB, 749x900px
>>50398193

Kindly inform the Zorblaxians that this is what happens when you don't follow due protocol, and accidents do not give casus belli.

If they want the Zeta-XXY system they might as well take it with force if that's what they are intent on. If their intentions are honest they wouldn't make provocative demands like this in the first place.

I recommend we ask for a neutral investigation from the Stars United Association as to fortify our own credibility among the association members. Politically our goals should be to achieve meme where we are the victims of unjust warfare. This will allow us to further isolate the Zorblaxians and Glorbulans politically, creating a soft pressure for them to finish the war prematurely.

t. your friendly Putin-mind-emulate.
>>
File: IMG_9695.png (380KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9695.png
380KB, 1136x640px
>>50402389
>>50402396
While agreeing on principle with the necessity of fostering an higher ethical standard of behaviour in the galactic community, We can't abide by the Worker's party proposed method of doing so.
First of all, the galactic accord on interspecies warcrime is strongly endorsed by the Glorbulans that aim to impose a definition of "warcrime" that would basically cripple our army.
Second of all to open a commitee with all the involved in the incident in the middle of this conflict would needlessy slow down the solution with bureaocracy.
Finally, the Zorblaxians might well be searching for a casus belli to join the war by the Glorbulan side. The more space to make demands we give them, the worse, and more justified they'll be in front of the rest of the galaxy to attack us when we won't meet them.
I'll remember this parlament they STARTED negotiation asking for a whole contested system to be handed to them, because an Officer misfired and hit a neutral ship in a warzone.
Rather, lets be firm and not fall for their trap. We'll give them the officer to stand trial and execution by their laws, and that's it. When they'll come to reach a compromise, we'll also pay them a fee and a compensation to the families of the victimes, and won't go further.
This is what the Corpocracy of wich i'm Counselor advises.
>>
>>50402389
>>50402396

My fellow Senators, I think it comes as little surprise that our dear associate from with IWP is once again eager to take the smallest error in our military apparatus as an excuse to cede this system's divinely manifested sovereignty to alien powers. Again he champions this treaty, this piece of paper who's sole purpose is to allow far away creatures to mollify their bloodthirsty citizens in the wake of just defeat at the hands of our brilliant, patriotic soldiers. This document that binds us to send those who volunteer to give their last full measure of devotion to the preservation of the cradle of humanity into kangaroo courts so they may be inflicted with punishments which we, and ONLY we, must be permitted to enact upon Human Beings. The brave men, women and cyborgs of our Armed Forces swore no oath to the Galactic Alliance, they swore an oath to this government! And that oath is a sacred trust, placing a burden upon us to ensure that they are fed, clothed, and protected, not served up as a sacrifice, as an after-war dessert ripped by alien despots from the pages of 'To Serve Man!'

I say here and now that the Martian Caucus will NEVER sign this treaty, and that any man who would is betraying our shining Fleet and everyone in uniform that sails upon it. Be that betrayal born of misguided hope, political ambition or the mad desire to put the needs of other species before one's own, it remains a betrayal nonetheless!
>>
>>50398193
What we really should be worried about is this genetically modified catgirl virus that's been transforming everyone into catgirls. Fully 80% of the Colonies have been irreversibly transformed, and - MY GOD, IT'S IN THE SENATE HALL, NYAA!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.