[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat this /tg/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: cutlasspistol.jpg (68KB, 644x484px) Image search: [Google]
cutlasspistol.jpg
68KB, 644x484px
Stat this /tg/.
>>
>>50397811
Damage too low for both options, requires exotic weapon proficiency, overall underpowered because god forbid non-casters get nice things.
>>
File: 1351263128060.jpg (240KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1351263128060.jpg
240KB, 1440x810px
>>50397857
>one post in and anon is trying to kick up an edition war
stop posting.
>>
>>50397811
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>50397811
+1 Knifegun
>+1 to being a knife
>+1 to being a gun
>+1 to being a knifegun
>+1 to castrating a motherfucker.
>>
>>50397811
Why not. It's sub-par at both tasks it performs and has no place in any setting that is attempting to be realistic, mind, but in a fantasy setting they're pretty cool. I mean, as long as the fit the overall aesthetic of the setting. It's a gun that you can also chop people with. Maybe you want to stab somebody then shoot, maybe you want to parry and then shoot, maybe you want to shoot and then stab a dude behind you. S'cool.

Incidentally, if you're going to make a gunblade, make an actual gunblade. None of that Squall 'It shoots the blade to make it vibrate' bullshit.
>>
>>50398058
>None of that Squall 'It shoots the blade to make it vibrate' bullshit.
Isn't that the same principle behind vibroweapons in the Star Wars universe? I enjoyed those in KotOR.
>>
>>50397811
Alright, here's how it is:
(Pistol,10m,S/-/-,1d10 I, 0Pen , 1 Clip, 3 Full, Primitive (8), Inaccurate, Unreliable, 3kg, Rare)

Special: Flintlock knife
Since the firearm's invention, man has attempted to combine the blade and gun into a single weapon; and it usually brings out the worst in both. Instead of firing the weapon as normal, the Flintlock Knife may instead be used as a Low-Tech Melee weapon with the following profile: (Melee, 1d5 R, Unbalanced, Primitive (8), 3kg, Rare)
>>
>>50398392
The weight seems way high, I'm thinking .8-1.2kg
>>
>>50397887

...thats an owlbear
>>
>>50397811
+1 to commencing virtuous mission
>>
>>50397811
Fun/10
0/real world practicality.
Fun/10
>>
Optional attack modes.
>Stab a fucker
1d4+modifiers
>Shoot a fucker
1d6+mods
>Stab THEN shoot a fucker
1d12+mods
>>
>>50398392
>3kg
Why the hell would that thing weigh nearly 7 lbs?
>>
>>50398707
He's accounting for the weight of the steel balls necessary for toting this thing around. Seriously, it's the Flashlight of Fantasy medieval weapons. Completely terrible compared to other options, and yet it's not quite standard issue.

This is probably the sidearm for your standard Imperial Guardsmen, except the resource cost was too great and exceeded the supposed number of lives it would've saved.
>>
>>50398432
that's the joke
>>
There's a reason as to why those things never caught on in the real world (yes, it existed, people used even).

I would stat it as both a dagger/knife and a pistol and give a penalty to either dex or to hit when used.
>>
>>50397811
Very helpful for defending yourself while chopping onions.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.