[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 434
Thread images: 52

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Rapid-Fire Weekend Edition

>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (ALWAYS ACCEPT RIDES FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/
>>
Do we know who the next primarch to get reintroduced will be? My money is on either Russ or Angron.
>>
>>50397503
Where is Discipline of Change? Is it Curse of the Wulfen or Chaos Marines?
>>
>>50397550
Curse of the Wulfen.
>>
Multi-Melta Attack Bike and Double Multi-Melta Landspeeder in a Ravenwing Attack Squadron + Grav Bikes in FA slot for Ravenwing Strike Force

OR

Grav Bikes and Landspeeder with Typhoon Missiles and Heavy Bolter in Ravenwing Attack Squadron + Multi-Melta Attack Bike in Ravenwing Strike Force

This would be against Tau and the Attack Squadron is part of the Lions Blade so whichever bike unit I choose would OW at full BS.

I know he isn't bringing big suits but not if he is bringng the hover tank things Tau have.
>>
File: WP_20161125_17_52_18_Rich.jpg (5MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161125_17_52_18_Rich.jpg
5MB, 5344x3008px
Show me your games /tg/. Also what have you lads been up to?
>>
So Orks generate a psychic field that bends reality.

Orks believe that red vehicles go faster, so they do.

Does that mean that Blood Angels will find themselves moving faster when on the same battlefield as an Ork waaaagh?
>>
>>50397547
Has to be a loyalist so Angrons out.
>>
>>50397596
Thanks bruv. That's what I thought.
>>
>>50397635
I quit taking pictures because my cameras are all shit.

2k Game v Tau tomorrow so I get to try my Demi Company of DA + RW list.
>>
>>50397547
The Lion. Screencap this.
>>
>picked up a Stormtrooper start collecting box
>still need to order female heads and a new set of wheels for the taurox

What am I getting myself into?
>>
>>50397547
>Inb4 Girlyman comes off of life support
>>
>>50397503
And he rattles off five of them a turn, extremely efficiently.

2 D shots, at different targets
The Ap2 beam
Ap 1 blast
4d6 heavy bolter shots at BS 7.

All while being impossible to really deal with since you need like str 9 skyfire w/ ignores cover in high volume to drop him fast.

I'd sure as fuck take him over a pair of Knights.
>>
>>50397636
Mate, Blood Angel vehicles have the Fast rule.
>>
>>50397642
>>50397686

The most likely is one of those who isn't a Daemon Primarch. This is further narrowed down by a list of Forge World produced minis.

So, I'm going with Dorn. He's the only non-heretical Primarch with rules and no model. Plus based on what we've been 'leaked' it'll either be him or, as the 2nd anon said, El'faggotron.
>>
Ugh guys I just have no motivation to paint these Dark Eldar Warriors right now. Help me please post miniature pictures preferably dark eldar
>>
>>50397636
Yes, everything about them is sped up. They sound like chipmunks and the psychic field causes yakety sax to play for the course of the battle.
>>
>>50397714
if the rumors are true. its 6 a turn

the detatchment allows all psykers to cast 1 more power as their mastery level allows (like 4th edition chaos space marines)
>>
Rubric Terminators taken as part of a nine-squad company and currently buffed by Prescience/Invisibility/Shrouding/Endurance have 2+/3++ saves re-rolling failed saves of 1.

Unfortunately this will probably take up all the points in your army because >45 Terminators
>>
>>50397636
you do realise BA's can buy 'upgraded engines' so they can go FASTAH, right?

Think about it. We all know that logic and machines aren't understood by the Mechanicum.

Put two and two together, anon.
>>
>>50397689
Are women stormtroopers even a thing? I thought all able women the child slave camps picked up were sent off to the sisters of battle or something
>>
>>50397714
>w/ ignores cover in high volume
This won't do anything, he can get a 2++ re-rollable jokingly easy.

And he can cast 6 powers a turn because of the Decurion (1 more power than Mastery Level).
>>
>>50397746
the formation with scarab occult terminators is 3-9 units of terminators and one sorceror. so its minimum 15 terminators.
>>
>>50397745
Christ. So add summoning some flamers, too.

Point is, Magnus is going to fly up and absolutely blow the face off of your enemy's biggest model.

Can he kill a Warlord Titan before it shoots him out of the sky with all his D/Lascannons-by-Proxy that he gets?
>>
>>50397748
Iirc, both logic and machines are understood, yet since Machine Spirits are an actual thing, as well as other sources of oddities, have led to them worshipping the Omnissiah.
>>
>>50397753
I don't see why not. Sisters have very, very high standards, and even if you take the fluff totally at its word, not everyone will meet those.

And if you don't take the fluff as its word (which you shouldn't, since the MT book went totally against everything that made the Stormtroopers who they are), there's more than a few recruitment methods they could undertake, not all of which feed into the Sororitas.
>>
>>50397761

I'm pretty sure the re-roll saving throws of 1 thing doesn't happen unless you max the number of units to 9. At least that's what the leaks suggest.

The leaks are written by someone who can't speak english properly so we don't know the specifics.
>>
>>50397761
Leaks say that one of the bonuses only applies if you take the max number of squads required by a Formation (I think it's the re-rolling 1's?).

They might have gotten it wrong though, it might just be the max number of models in a squad... maybe.
>>
>>50397799

I hope so, otherwise the Terminator formation will require over 2000 points bare minimum to get the reroll.
>>
>>50397753
Yes, but it's just far more likely for female commissar and stormtrooper prospects to be inducted into the Adepts Sororitas.
>>
>>50397810
Maybe that was intentional because 2+ re-rollable is retarded, and the benefit was really only meant for Rubricae.
>>
I got a shit load of metal bits from a sale today, if I posted an album with them in it could you guys help me ID some of them? Also any gud black friday shit you guys get?
>>
>>50397785
>the MT book went totally against everything that made the Stormtroopers who they are
No it didn't. "Everything that made the Stormtroopers who they are" is literally "they are noble orphans taken by the schola progenium and turned into elite soldiers separate from the imperial guard"

Which the new book is with, lockstep. The only continuity issues crop up with the commissariat, which is an entirely different branch of the schola.
>>
>>50397820

>2+ re-rollable is retarded

so are Riptides, Grav Cannons, super-heavies, Eldar...
>>
>>50397770
Well not those machines. Since the BA won't let the Mechanicum study them!

Dohohohohoho!

>implying Omnissiah is just Panpsychism joke that those nerds took too seriously
>>
>>50397851
That doesn't mean you keep adding more retarded stuff to the game, anon.
>>
>>50397491
Imma be playing in my first tournament tomorrow. I've got a bunch of Imperial Fist Space Marines Termies (2 of each squad type and a temie captain) and some basic Imperial Guard sans tanks (basically a truckload of guardsmen and some sentinels). What should I build?
>>
>yfw GW is going balls to the walls retarded in rules that make you question them
>they did the same with WHFB with making Elves super OP and giving them insane characters during End Times

Buckle up.
>>
>>50397694
>this triggers the autist
>>
>>50397869

Actually come to think of it, since they have full Sorcerers at ML2 with access to Sinistrum powers as sergeants, 1/3 of them will have re-rollable 2+ anyway.
>>
File: like what I'm reading.jpg (171KB, 432x585px) Image search: [Google]
like what I'm reading.jpg
171KB, 432x585px
Anons, I've been thinking about starting a Slaanesh infantry-based army for a while, and the Traitor Legions release has encouraged me. Should I use Spellcrow's Pleasure Legion models/other third party models, or wait for GW to put out new Noise Marines?

inb4 Slaanesh is getting squatted
>>
>>50397547
safe bet's lion

they could go with mort, angron or fulgrim in an attempt to milk chaosfags all at once, though
>>
>>50397635
Where did you get those stained glass buildings?!?!?!?
>>
>>50397892
Time to buy a ton of Culexus.
>>
>>50397871

These Thousand Sons rules are not retarded. They are still 23 points per rubric marine and it only gets pricier from there. 30 points if you want them to have flamers. +25 points to give on guy an assault cannon. None of this is retarded, they're like sternguard who trade the ability to fire overwatch for invulnerable saves.

Magnus is a 650 point special character. That's two Wraithknights. He's not even a superheavy, how is it retarded that he gets to know lots of psychic powers?
>>
>>50397851
No, rerollable 2++ is cancer worst than grav, riptides and super heavies, needing a D weapon with 6 result to deal damage is utter bullshit.
>>
>>50397903
I'd say to wait and see what GW is making first. You never know - maybe they'll pull their heads out of their asses and give Noise Marines their guitars back.
>>
>releasing SoS in a pack
>heavily hint we'll see more of them

>release War on Fenris Part 2
>Thousand Sons
>Heavy Psyker based

BOY WHO SAW THAT COMING?
>>
>>50397952
I meant in general, anon.
>>
>>50397958
>>50397903
>Slaanesh
>40k
>Future

Anons... You might want to sit down....
>>
>>50397954
This. Re-rollable saves with no way to ignore them for some Factions is the absolute most cancerous thing in the game.

TSons might be banned faster than Eldar.
>>
>>50397871
TS are strangely well balanced and look fun, they aren't eldars or tau crazy.
>>
>>50397967
gotta be honest, SoS don't seem like much of a threat and i doubt i'll be seeing them on the tabletop soon
>>
>>50397986
I'm reserving judgement until we have more information.

They could be utterly broken if they just can't be removed from the field.
>>
>>50395008
what's your foot eldar list?
>>
>>50397986
Magnus sets off about a thousand alarm bells, as any super-psyker bolted to a flying monstrous creature body should.

Ignoring him they should be fairly alright, though. We'll see.
>>
>>50398002
Against 1k Sons they're useful anti-psyker bubbles. They're like Culexus except not an eye watering steep model cost.

Though I do guess the Culexus can PREPARE TO SEE FOREVER and do 20 billion attacks due to total ML. But SoS at least will be able to deal with them, at least in a formation, anyway.

plus super sexy models.

GW seems to have hired better modellers in recent times. This meme that Rowntree is fixing GW might be growing traction for me.
>>
>>50397967

>sisters of silence

>no transports

>die horribly to massed S4/S5 AP3
>>
>>50397753
It's possible - and there are canon female Commissars, as they're often assigned to all-female Guard regiments - but the Sisters usually take in all the high-performing female cadets. If there's a large crop of female cadets who meet their standards, however, they very well may not take all of them, leaving Stormtroopers and Commissars a few high-quality female cadets to absorb.

In most scholas, personal choice is also heavily considered. If you're good enough to be a Stormtrooper or a Sister, you are largely given a choice on which path you take - so long as you take one of them.
>>
>>50397547
It'll be a loyalist primarch. Most likely the lion or girlyman. It all depends on what happens in WoM. If it ends with magnus needing to get his shit beat in, then lions waking up. If not, then we really haven't seen what the ultras have been doing during all this shit, and girlyman coming back has been foretold since fucking second edition.
>>
>>50398033
Why cant they use transports?
>>
>>50398033
>SoS
>not getting transports

Oh you poor shrew. Imperial Agents, boy :^)
>>
Hey /tg/,

Was wondering if it was worth purchasing "Wrath of Magnus" if I'm planing on getting the traitor legions book?

Are there any exclusive formations in it that won't be in Traitor legions?
>>
>>50397980
This meme needs to die.

They have continuously released Slaanesh material in media and in Curse of the Wulfen. Slaanesh isn't going anywhere in 40K, because the way Slaanesh works is very different in 40K and there is an entire Legion and Primarch dedicated to it (which WHFB didn't have).

Slaanesh was expendable in WHFB, but it's not in 40K. There are simply too many things dependent on Slaanesh for it to be removed.
>>
>>50397753
>>50397785
>>50398045
You're not fully correct. Stormtroopers, female, are a thing. To get into a Order, you need to have insane amount of faith in the Emperor. Which is tested, obviously, throughout your stay at school. So the Orders come alone and pick out those that are faithful AND skilled. Those who are just skilled but thought "Eh, Emperor is cool and I'll worship him, but I won't walk over burning hot coals to prove it, you'd have to order me to do that" will go into Temptus Scions (which is incredibly sexist, Storm Sons? Ugh....)
>>
>>50397871
TS aren't that bad. Sure their durable and rule the psykic phase, but there also slow and expensive. Sure magnus can get a rerollable 2++, but he's also 625 points. Like any deathstar a good player will just ignore him as much as possible. And as far as deathstars go, he seems only pretty good, not fucking amazing.
>>
>>50398090
You're wrong, but thanks for playing.
>>
>>50398030
Yeah, I think he's going to be a lot like a very expensive Knight, or a high firepower flyer in board effect. Sure, he'll fly around deleting a few units a turn, but there's a limit to how much psychic dakka he can put out. Ignore him, play objectives, and you should be ok.

No clue how you're supposed to deal with him if you Want to, though.
>>
>>50398030
So, Sanguinius is going to be a shittier pysker and melee version of DP Magnus?

Lame.
>>
File: stalkerslutsky.jpg (9KB, 193x189px) Image search: [Google]
stalkerslutsky.jpg
9KB, 193x189px
>>50398132
>>50398090

Isn't Slaanesh's AoS absence a temporary thing?
>>
File: selection day.png (2MB, 1822x775px) Image search: [Google]
selection day.png
2MB, 1822x775px
>>50397753
course they're a thing

The church only takes the men and women with faith in extreme. The rest will be spread out between the various branches of the schola which best match their potential talents. Most will be in the stormtrooper corps.

>>50398135
Dude ignores LoS and can fire off several powers in a turn, no questions asked. It's a little more potent than your average psyker, and those are already a bit of a problem in the meta.
>>
>>50398168
don't forget casts on a 2+ ignoring perils
>>
>>50398088
Why wouldn't you? It'll have warzone specific shit. Look at Angel's Blade, that had unique formations for BA's and Traitor's Hate had unique formations for CSM.

If you're concerned, wait. You'll be getting the rules for new models, the warzone scenarios and formations, plus the shorthand story fluff bollocks.
>>
>>50398030
>Magnus sets off about a thousand alarm bells, as any super-psyker bolted to a flying monstrous creature body should
He's just alright. 650 points is quite alot, and quite a few of his benefits are instantly fucked over by a culexus.
>>
>>50398132
>You're wrong,

In what way? Slaanesh has repeatedly shown up in books, fluff, and game material and shows absolutely no signs of going away. It's simply too integrated into the universe to completely get rid of.

>>50398163
Yes.
>>
>>50398131
>>50398135
You guys like "lol just ignore Magnus" are fucking obnoxious.

You can't "just ignore" a model that's tossing out 6 fucking Witchfires per turn at BS 7, two of which are S: D, who manifests on 2+ and completely ignores the concept of line of sight, and almost all of these are either AP 2 or 1 or have mass weight of fire to kill hordes.
>>
>>50398128
>Those who are just skilled but thought "Eh, Emperor is cool and I'll worship him, but I won't walk over burning hot coals to prove it, you'd have to order me to do that" will go into Temptus Scions

Stormtroopers are still INCREDIBLY religious and pious individuals. It's part of what makes them so unquestioningly loyal to the Imperium.

If you're devout enough to be a Stormtrooper, you're (usually) devout enough to be a Sister.
>>
>>50398180
That's what I meant by firing off several in a turn, no questions asked. Though I guess I could have been more specific.

>>50398187
>and quite a few of his benefits are instantly fucked over by a culexus
Only if the culexus is within 12" of the guy who can fly. Also his null aura only protects allies from blessings/maledictions, not the infinite death beams that will be hitting them regardless of where they are on the table.
>>
>>50398163
It is. Slaanesh shit is still mentioned in AoS. There is a Chaos Lord in one of the books who wants to capture Nefereta and make her 'his'. If you catch my drift. He also heals himself by raping sex slaves. It's oddly dark that book. Plus there is a few nods here and there to Slaanesh, a book here, the Slaanesh Symbol on Archaons shield. Etc.

As of now, nobody knows what's happened apart from Tyrion and Teclis (and maybe Malerion formley Maleketh) captured Slaanesh because "MUH ELVES SOULS".

The Chaos Battletome says that there are 3 types of Slaaneshi now. One who wants to find Slaanesh. One who wants to usurp Slaanesh. One who wants to just get shitfaced all the time. With the belief that, ultimately, either Slaanesh is already dead or will return.

Seeing as Elves don't have any tomes yet and they're going with MUH NARRATIVE, chances are Slaanesh will escape. Seeing as Morathi didn't die when she got dragged into the Realm of Chaos by Slaanesh himself/herself/itself, the chances are Morathi will either become Slaanesh or free Slaanesh and become a Daemon Prince(ss).
>>
File: that's my fetish.gif (233KB, 600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
that's my fetish.gif
233KB, 600x1063px
>>50398090
>continuously released Slaanesh material

that's lewd as fuck anon
>>
>>50398222
Then bait him into charging something and tarpit. People deal with Wraithknight spam, surely they can deal with him.
>>
>>50398210
Slaanesh gets killed by his brothers whilst fighting Ynead. Remnants combine with a minor Warp power to essentially create Malice. A Chaos God of Anti-Chaos. With the ultimate goal of destroying Chaos, but working with it till then. Be'lakor becomes his chosen bitch.
>>
>>50398128
>(which is incredibly sexist, Storm Sons? Ugh....)
do you not know what "Scion" means, dude? Like, really?

Anyways "Heirs of the storm" is a fucking cool title. I do wish they'd kept stormtrooper as common parlance, but as far as pig-latin names go they lucked out.
>>
>>50398260
Yes.

Bait the Flying Monstrous Creature that wants to be shooting his 6 powers off a turn. Into charging something.

How fucking retarded do you have to be to think this could ever work against a player who isn't braindead?

Any reasonable person is going to ban Magnus outright outside of Apocalypse.
>>
>>50397547
Lion or Guilliman.
>>
>>50398222
>You can't "just ignore" a model that's tossing out 6 fucking Witchfires per turn at BS 7
Yes you can. At 650 points, if someone takes magnus you can bet that the rest of their army will be rather neglected. If you take a culexus and put him near magnus, all those wonderful powers are harnessed on a 6+ and magnus adds no dice to the pool. And his bs is now 1, not 7. And he can't use his powers against the assassin. So my opponent's extremely expensive model is gimped by something that costs about 1/4th of magnus. And while he has to deal with that, I focus on taking out the rest of the list and winning objectives.
Sure, it's not completely ignoring, but it's putting the bare minimum amount of focus on magnus.
>>
>>50398234
>Also his null aura only protects allies from blessings/maledictions, not the infinite death beams that will be hitting them regardless of where they are on the table.
Death beams harnessed on a 6+ and fired at bs1? And magnus no longer adds any dice to the pool? Oh, I'm so scared.
>>
>>50398314
You realize magnus flies and a culexus walks, right?
And hes in the same army as 40-50 wound 90pt troop squads?
>>
>>50398303

If they ban magnus, they need to ban wraithknights too
>>
>>50398332
>Death beams harnessed on a 6+ and fired at bs1? And magnus no longer adds any dice to the pool?
why would a model that can fly and does not require line of sight to target anything with its ranged attacks stay rooted within 12" of a model on foot
>>
>>50398336
This. I'll be fine with people banning Magnus not that I plan on getting him anytime soon, but they better not be planning on ignoring any of the other bullshit meta lists floating around.
>>
>>50398333
>40-50 wound squads

What, cultists? He's a LOW for CSM, not Daemons.
>>
>>50398336
You can easily kill Wraithknights with grav spam, rending melee, D melee, psychic powers, hell even a few Thunderhammers and some lucky rolls. I crush them with Genestealer Cults, I crush them with AdMech.

Literally none of these things will work vs Magnus.

>>50398314
>>50398332
You're never going to get a Culexus within range of a 24" moving model during his psychic phase you fucking retard.
>>
>>50398354
>>50398332
oh also, the BS1 thing is only if magnus is targeting the culexus itself

which, since it is completely immune to all psychic attacks, will never happen unless the guy controlling magnus has just had several brain hemorrhages

Like, I use culexus assassins frequently. They ain't the answer to magnus.
>>
>>50398303
Well first, you'll need a lot of skyfire. Grab fliers, manticores, defense batteries, devastators, anything that can hit hard and well against something that flies.
Grab sisters of silence if you got them, and especially Culexus.
He's not unkillable, and once he does die, the rest of the army will be paltry compared to what you've brought to the table.
>>
>>50398364
Fair point. Didn't think that all the way through. I'm sure there'll be some way to include magnus with a daemons army though? maybe?
but otherwise, yes, cultists? I guess?
>>
>>50397745
>the detatchment allows all psykers to cast 1 more power as their mastery level allows (like 4th edition chaos space marines)
What a do-nothing bonus. I have literally never once in sixth or seventh edition had more Warp Charge points than I had eligible psykers left to cast with.
>>
>>50398383
Cultists are a shit tarpit. Awful morale, and will lose in melee badly against anything you want to tarpit.
>>
>>50398402
the tzaangors might be better than cultists, though I don't think we've seen hide nor hair of their stats yet
>>
>armchair strategists literally think a Culexus will ever be in any way useful vs flying Magnus
>thinks they can invest a ton of points into skyfire weaponry that will be worthless vs the rest of the army and worthless vs 2++ re-rollable psychic monster and somehow the TSons player won't just roll over them
/tg/ is bad at 40k and should feel bad
>>
>>50398296
>Scion may refer to: Lineal descendant (of a notable family), a son or daughter;

REEEE DON'T QUESTION SOMEBODY SMARTER THAN YOU.
>>
>>50398401
But most of your psykers also have only 1 more power than their mastery level, and rarely will all of your generated powers be ones that you want to cast.
Magnus has 10 more powers than his mastery level, and casts on 2s, and has a ton of amazing witchfires (I know)
>>
>>50398414

>650 points
>>
>>50398414
/tg/ might be bad at the game, but it's better than WAACfags who mathammer netlist.
>>
File: 2idRqpf.png (121KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
2idRqpf.png
121KB, 500x324px
>>50398382
>>50398372
>>50398367
>>50398362
>>50398333
>>50398332
>>50398314
>>50398303

Just Don't play against him...
If you know some one is going to use him and you are going to have a bad time then just don't agree to play the game.
>>
epub leak when?
>>
>>50398382
Lemme get right on adding those Sisters and Culexus to my Genestealer army, anon.

I'm sure my Necron buddy, Ork buddy, Tyranid buddy, and Dark Eldar buddy will be pleased to know they can do this as well.

Oh wait.

You're a faggot.

Also
>implying a 12" bubble will ever reach a flyer
>implying T3 3+ sisters will last more than 2 seconds against an army of entirely S4/5 AP 3 shooting including AP 3 flamers
>implying the army will be "paltry" when they will literally outnumber you with summons alone
>>
Did magnus's rules leak? Anyone got them?
>>
>>50398415
>Scion may refer to: Lineal descendant (of a notable family), a son or daughter;
>a son or daughter;
>or daughter
>daughter
>"ugh, storm sons? how sexist"
anyways, want to know what a lineal descendant of a notable family is called?

an h e i r
>>
>>50398467
>GSCfag moaning about shit being 'OP'

LOVING EVER LEL.
>>
>>50398367
>>50398372
It's not necessarily about getting within range of magnus as much as it is forcing the opponent to play by your rules. The culexus creates a bubble with an area of 452 inches that magnus can not get in, you have control over the enemies movements. And that single model is insurance against getting tabled. With that, you can play objectives and not worry about getting tabled, making the utter destruction of your army negligible.
The goal isn't to kill magnus, it's to have the initiative (not in the who goes first sense), to set some terms of the game and reduce the effectiveness of the strategy that magnus is best used for.
>>
>>50398427
Less points than 2 Knights for infinitely more survivability, more mobility, more than twice the firepower, cannot be tarpitted, cannot be psychic'd, you literally cannot hide from him because he ignores LoS, and the entire army has psykers who can summon chaff units for free, and are also hard as balls to kill, and also put out firepower that is all AP 3 or better, probably with masses of divination buffs.
>>
>>50398510
>an area of 452 inches that magnus can not get in
>452 inches
I'm not sure where that rule is, but I guess if he can't be deployed on the table he certainly won't be a problem in the game.
>>
>>50398490
Yes, that was my joke, anon. Why the hell did you take my "ugh, sexist!!" line seriously?

Either way, my point was there are several definitions. It could also translate as "Guardians of the Storm" or "Storm Guardians".
>>
>>50398494
GSC are the least OP of the top tier armies. They are easily the most fair and balanced of all of them.
>>
File: what's your fucking problem.jpg (12KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
what's your fucking problem.jpg
12KB, 211x212px
>>50398544
>this post
>>
>>50398541
>Why the hell did you take my "ugh, sexist!!" line seriously?
Because taking bad jokes seriously is the only way to prevent their proliferation in the future.
>>
>>50398544
>top tier
>least OP
>most balanced and fair
>yet are top tier

>the mental gymnastics of GSCfags

Ultimate WEW.
>>
>>50398530
A standard game board is 3456 square inches anon. The culexus' bubble is about an 8th of the board, like any bubble with a radius of 12”
>>
>>50398564
So you won't be having kids then, I take it?
>>
File: 1413012717274.jpg (105KB, 772x507px) Image search: [Google]
1413012717274.jpg
105KB, 772x507px
>>50398467
>>50398544

Why does everyone who plays a top 5 army feel the need to explain how bad it actually is?
>>
File: 5 star from google.png (340KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
5 star from google.png
340KB, 351x440px
>>50398573
#burn
>>
>>50398555
Yeah so OP, an army with no gargantuans or D or grav or re-rollable 2++ saves or 12" moving deathstars with electromancy or jetbikes or markerlights or flyers of any kind or superfriend allies.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>50398564
While I agree to some extent, my post was completely serious up to that point. So I dunno why you'd take something like that so seriously. Whatevs.
>>
File: hahaha.png (95KB, 147x261px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.png
95KB, 147x261px
>>50398598
>he's still trying to defend his WAACfaggotry
>>
>>50398573
I certainly won't be having MORE kids.
>>
>>50398619
So your wife has a sense of humour then, I take it?
>>
>>50398544
>>50398598
GSC are OP anon. Don't deny it. Relish in it. Why every top army besides eldar and some marine players has trouble admiting their powerful is beyond me
>>
File: haaahahahahha.gif (2MB, 619x350px) Image search: [Google]
haaahahahahha.gif
2MB, 619x350px
>>50398624
>>50398573
hHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>50398186

Thanks. I'll hold off for now, but I think you've sold me on buying both books. I really enjoy the fluff, so there doesn't seem to be much reason not to get both.
>>
>>50398624
They're not his biological children. They're his wife's children.
>>
>>50398643
I recently bought all the War on Fenris short stories, then just realised the 2nd novel is coming out with the 2nd supplement. I'll probably buy it anyway.

But you're welcome.
>>
File: feelsbadman.jpg (35KB, 395x267px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
35KB, 395x267px
>plays bullshit army
>when someone points out how op they are, player tries to say they're weak
>"oh yeah this build is only 6-2-1, since it only has a 66% winrate it must be balanced"
>"yeah my army is pretty strong but this one unit is a bit expensive so it must be weak"
>"it's all about skill, a good (weakest faction) player could beat me"
why is that guy everywhere?
>>
>>50398414
>>armchair strategists literally think a Culexus will ever be in any way useful vs flying Magnus
>he thinks having insurance against tabling and contol over the enmies movements isn't useful
Not everything is about killing the enemy anon.
>>
>>50398383
TSons can take Daemons.
>>
>>50398635
They're powerful if they're played with skill and clever tactics. They don't have any (ANY) of the cheese that makes the other top races powerful, none of the bullshit cancer rules that just completely mathematically shut out entire portions of the game like grav or D or invincible deathstars.

Saying "lol oh an army that actually takes some skill to use is strong so it should have absolutely no counter to my new super daemon primarch who is literally every type of cancer rolled into one guy" is the pinnacle of autism.

Nothing about GSC is bannable levels good, TSons or at least Magnus on the other hand look like they're CLEARLY in that direction.
>>
>>50398677
>Not everything is about killing the enemy anon.

>Disapproving_Khorne.jpg
>>
>>50398572
Inches and Square Inches aren't terms you can use interchangeably. They're different units of measure.

I think you understand I was taking the piss.
>>
>>50398692
>invincible deathstars.
>implying a model with essentialy 20 ablative wounds and 100 rending attacks on the charge isn't an invincible death star
>>
>>50398484
Magnus is a beast at 650 points but he has some crazy powers. psyk 5, draws line of sight to any model on the battlefield, harnesses charges on 2+, never perils, 4+ invuln, and besides knowing all Tzeentch & Change spells he has that Gaze you heard about, charge 5 (but remember all bonuses TS get!) 18’ D, Ap 1, assault 1, soulblaze! His staff is S user, AP2, force, soul blaze and transmogrify.
>>
>>50398692
>Nothing about GSC is bannable levels good

Pretty sure DE, GK, IG and Orks disagree.
>>
>>50398719
>tfw I play the first 2 of those armies
>>
>>50398696
I'll be honest, my mind went blank for a moment and I was honestly not sure if ot was square inches. Not my proudest moment as a STEM major
>>
>GKs are more powerful than Custodes that old man said
>W1 (Outside of Paladins)

OLDFAG BTFO.
>>
I know this isn't /bbg/, but does anyone have this month's white dwarf and the bloodbowl rules?
>>
>>50398745
Rules aren't in this month.
>>
Jesus Christ anons. Let's talk about the game for a bit. Is a Hydra a good investment for a Guard army? Constantly getting harassed by a flying hive tyrant and I don't know how to deal with him. Maybe mass lasgun/lascannon fire?
>>
>with powerful soulreaper cannons which can easily mow down even power armoured foes
Just read that on the community site. AP3 confirmed?
>>
>>50398710
20 T4 5++ wounds which cost 14 pts per model and don't even have assault grenades more than half the time.

Literally one turn of shooting from wyverns or a couple frag cannons or heavy flamers demolishes a First Curse for a third of the points.

Not saying they aren't good when you make them work, but they aren't even REMOTELY invincible and you're retarded if you think that.
>>
Lads, got Blood Bowl today, there was a Christmas guide in it. There's a paint in there called Deathguard Green.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>>
>>50398673
Reminds me of something I heard the other day
>riptides are very expensive, they dont leave much room for other units
>riptides actually don't don't do much damage for their points cost
>they're basically just there to detract you, you will win if you just ignore it
>>
>>50398766
Yes, AP3 fucking everywhere.
>>
>>50398766
Yeah.

I've seen two leaked profiles, S 5 AP 3 Heavy 5 or S 5 AP 3 Heavy 4, Rending, not sure which is accurate but it seems pretty clear that they'll be AP 3 regardless.
>>
>>50398754
No.

Turn it into a Wyvern and buy an Aegis
>>
>>50398783
I'm so wet. I planned on doing guard this Christmas but fuck it. Doing thousand sons now.
>>
So I'm guessing there were leaks while I was sleeping, what's new?
>>
>>50398785
Really? Where'd you see em'?
>>
>someone is seriously comparing genestealers being good in close combat to a flying potentially 2++ re-rollable ignores LoS D-shooting ML 5 psyker which manifests on 2's and ignores perils and knows 15 fucking powers
Chaosfags need to go and stay go.
>>
[X]fiend-lover and Stormtrooper/Renegade dude again. Looking over the Renegades, I really did like what I saw. How far does this deviate from the standard, and how semi-viable would it be? Can actually build this entire thing out of Warpath minis easily enough, with Mutants and 4rd Gens, GCPS troopers in the role of Renegades, and even the Valks.

>Bloody-Handed Reaver

>Renegade Command Squad - 155 pt
Full Unit (+50), Carapace Armor (+25), Hotshot (+5) and Command Net Vox (+5), Banner of Hate (+25)

>Renegade Enforcer - 55 pt
Bolt Pistol (+5), Power Weapon (+10), Carapace Armor (+5), Combat Drug Injectors (+10)

>Mutant Rabble - 180 pt
Full Unit (+120), Champion (+5), Chaos Covenant - Khorne (+15), Sub-flak Armor (+10)

>3 Renegade Valkyries - 455 pt
Lascannons x3, Rocket Pods x3, Militia Training x3, Heavy Bolter Sponsor x1

>3 Units of Renegade Grenadiers - 525 pt
Upgrade to Grenadiers (+15), Full Unit (+50), Hotshot Volley Gun x2 (+20), Plasma Gun (+10), Vox-Caster (+10), Champion (+5), Chaos Covenant - Tzeentch (+10), Carapace Armor (+20)

>Hellforged Warpack - 725 pt
Warpsmith with Combi-Melta and 3 Maulerfiends with Lasher Tendrils

End up with a little over a hundred points left to toss around.
>>
>>50398813
Dakka.
>>
File: 20161125_204901.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_204901.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Thoughts on this fuck huge backpack I found? I might turn it into a belt buckle
>>
File: rumour.png (36KB, 1832x321px) Image search: [Google]
rumour.png
36KB, 1832x321px
Oh god guys.

The Psychic powers for Magnus was right.

This is the same guy.

Fuck's sake, GW.
>>
>>50398775
There is also a paint called Seraphim Sepia. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Oh right. Yeah. It's just paint names. The only one that was ever interesting is Agrax Earthshade because nobody knows what Agrax is referring to.
>>
>>50398834
Trying to find it but can't seem to see where it is. Care to send a link?
>>
>>50398854
They just released Thousand Sons blue alongside TSons, and Deathguard were rumoured to be next after.
>>
>>50398860
page 59 someone wrote out the leaks, one from Atia and one from some dude on the thread who has access to the book but speaks poor english
>>
>>50398820
Not at all. We're attacking you for trying to explain that GSC are 'totes really shit guise' when they're not. A single 650 point model is nothing to worry about WHEN IT IS A LORD OF WAR.

Fucking hell, nobody here tried to justify Eldar because the Ta'unar is 750 points of rapage.
>>
>>50398771
first turn shrouded
chance for shrouding/invis
replenishes models returning to shadows
auto LOS

its not a deathstar by anymeans in survivability but it will kill anything in the game by turn 2 If over 10 models plus primarch
GSC is all about threat priority, maybe you're just not good enough at the game to play them well enough to understand that GSC as a whole is very very good
>>
>>50398846
You do realise the result of the book has been known for months, right? The short stories called Legacy of Russ cover the story about Warzone Part 2. We already know the result.
>>
>>50398874
So what you're saying is... SoB update SOON?
>>
>>50398744
My dad can beat up your dad anon, that's what a lot of smack talking amounts to in 40k
>>
Jesus I can't wait for these Thousand Sons. I don't even care if they end up being shit. They look cool as fuck. I wonder if they're gonna bring a pack out of some sorts. Like a start collecting box.
>>
>>50398898
It has not, that covered after Fenris 1 but before Fenris 2.
>>
>>50398907
Already been confirmed. SoB are getting new plastic figures soon.
>>
>>50398909
Nah I'm talking about that Beast Arises book, where a 1500 year old non-astartes (lol Dante who????) basically goes "GK's would kick the shit out of Custodes cause GK's are literally the Emperor's Sons. Plus they're psykers.". Yet the rules for GK's don't represent that. A regular Custodes is 2W. Everything bar Paladins in GK are 1W.
>>
>>50398883
No one said anything about them being shit. I said they're the most fair of the top tier armies, compared to things like Space Marines and Eldar and Daemons. They're good but they aren't cheesy. But apparently that makes it alright that Magnus is literally unkillable game-ending cancer bullshit and I should just deserve to take it in the ass because I play a race that isn't Ork-tier trash.
>>
>>50398921
Then why is the book coming out written by the same guy using the same artwork from one of the Legacy of Russ covers AND the description of the book talks about the events of the Legacy of Russ series?
>>
>>50398945
There's not one mention of Magnus in the Legacy of Russ books.
>>
>>50398939
>I should just deserve to take it in the ass because I play a race that isn't Ork-tier trash.

Do so. You're much more able to handle him than at least 4 different factions are. BA's would have been the 5th but move ahead of DA's because of Grav and only just.
>>
Why are there so many whiny autists in this thread?
>>
>>50398953
Yeah? And? It still covers the result of "Space Wolves win, but not really". Since the whole point of Magnus turning up is to JUST AS PLANNED Abaddon reaching Terra by damaging the Space Wolves.

The result was a forgone conclusion based on the books.
>>
DE Kabalite supplement when? I want to go FAST!
>>
>>50398966
I ain't sure. I'm just super pumped about the new Thousand Sons. Like holy shit AP3 everywhere.
>>
>>50398979
>You can have AP3
>You can have AP3
>YOU CAN ALL HAVE AP3
>AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>50398974
So Magnus hadn't shown up yet.

Meaning that it's before Fenris 2.
>>
>exalted sorcerers are just regular HQ
man it's a bit weird that they come in a box of three, I was looking forward to having Ahriman join a group of them and zip around on discs.
>>
>>50398544
Orkz are the least OP of the bottom tier armies. They are easily the most unfair and imbalanced of all of them.
>>
>>50398997
I don't even disagree with you but it's still bullshit that Magnus exists.
>>
>>50398989
NOT MY POINT FAGGOT. I LITERALLY SAID THE RESULT WAS ALREADY KNOWN FOR MONTHS. MAGNUS APPEARING IS IRRELEVANT. REEE.

Want to have a screencap bet?

I bet you, that the book coming out by Robbie MacNiven is at least 90% taken up by the Legacy of Russ stories.

If you wish to bet that the same book will be completely different and talk about Magnus attacking Fenris, as in, the events AFTER Legacy of Russ. Then I'll screencap this post and the bet. Then, come next week, I'll APOLOGISE or not.
>>
Will tsons get their own perils chart?
>>
>>50399005
>Waaah why is a 650 Lord of War GOOD?
>>
>>50399015
>unkillable model with ~infinity psychic dakka is "good"
>>
>>50399014
Are all the 1K Sons psykers? Or just non-Rubicae?
>>
>>50398577
>Top 5
Huh? What's the fifth? Necrons or Admech I'm guessing?
>>
>>50399023
>he doesn't know about the Ordinatus

DO YOU EVEN MECHANICUM, BRO?
>>
>>50398510
452 square inches seems like a lot. Until you realize the entire game board is 3,456 square inches.
Don't try to inflate its impact by inflating your numbers.
>>
>>50399015
You can be a smug disingenuous faggot all you want but enjoy literally no one letting you actually play him.
>>
File: captain-artemis.jpg (90KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
captain-artemis.jpg
90KB, 873x627px
>>50398845
It belongs to Captain Artemis, from Inquisition.

I got one on a deamon prince.
>>
>>50399006
You don't seem to get my point.

Legacy of Russ happens. THEN Magnus shows up and new events happen.

We know up to a point what happens, but not after that.

We can have a bet that things end differently in WoM though, if you want.
>>
>>50399030
All the non psykers got turned into Rubrics, I don't know if it's even possible for a rubric marine to be a psyker. Unless Tzeentch wants it that way
>>
>>50399043
Sorry, I don't play with buttmad retards who screech that something is NOT FAIR. They don't give a shit if they win or lose. Maybe if you didn't you wouldn't be buttmad.
>>
>>50398686
We don't know that for sure. We don't have the contents of the formations yet.
>>
>>50398966
where do you think you are? .jpeg
>>
>>50398966
I don't know, why are you here?
>>
File: muh dick.jpg (38KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.jpg
38KB, 600x620px
>>
>>50399054
Yeah that's what I was asking. I'd thought it could have been a cruel joke for Tzeentch to make a Dust Robot a pysker.
>>
>>50399068
>10 tokens
>not 9

One job, GW, one job.
>>
>>50399068
Neat.

The fuck is it?
>>
>>50399053
I'm sure that new events do happen in the other books. I was talking specifically about the tie-in novel by the same author. Which is out at the same time.

So we're probably both right.
>>
Can someone explain to me how magnus will be OP?

I'm not trying to be cheeky. Just asking because I don't really know his stats or anything.
>>
>>50399080
WoM special edition
>>
File: thousand tips.jpg (60KB, 990x557px) Image search: [Google]
thousand tips.jpg
60KB, 990x557px
>>50399058
Yeah anon, you're a master strategist and everyone should enjoy the privilege of setting up their models just to take them off the board as you move Magnus around with your fat sausage fingers and chuckle into your chins while you roll dice. They're just retards if they don't enjoy auto-losing every game.
>>
>>50399077
>muh sacred numbers
This meme is getting out of hand.
>>
>>50399077
Are you sure it's not just 10 for, you know, for even number objective markers?
>>
>>50399089
Yeah...but what's with the coins?
>>
>>50399102
>>50399110
why does no one ever read anything.
6 objective markers
4 warp flame markers
>>
File: 1432792479611.jpg (148KB, 1280x937px) Image search: [Google]
1432792479611.jpg
148KB, 1280x937px
>>50397635

Hey can you post the list you played with to sate my curiosity? I want to start seeing how other people play their guard because I feel like my lists are usually weak.
>>
>>50399051
Neat, I might have to get the rest of him
>>
>>50399093
>H-HE'S STILL ARGUING WITH ME!
>Deploy the strawmen, we must discredit him at all costs!
>[autistic screeching intensifies]
>>
>>50399093
>this projection

WEW.

There is more to 40k than playing games and trying to win. Games are won more by just removing shit from the table. Some times we, shocking I know but bear with me, play purposely unbalanced games to see who can last the longest. The fact you only play to WAAC and your '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''friends''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' only play to do the same must be the most bitter part of the hobby for you. That is, if you care. I doubt you do.
>>
>>50398935

That's the same series where a Shadowseer and Death Jester killed two dozen Custodes anyways.
>>
>>50399088
Anyone?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (191KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
191KB, 700x700px
>>50399093
CSM are OP arguments.

Never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>>50399063
Not to watch some autists argue over shit that isn't even out yet.
>>
>>50399142
My playgroup isn't WAAC at all, which is exactly why something as obscenely OP as Magnus will never be allowed on our tables. "b-b-but wraithknights" isn't an argument because we don't let those faggots ruin our game nights either.
>>
File: b2f50ac803900455a3d4bb3f5637c893.jpg (431KB, 1326x2048px) Image search: [Google]
b2f50ac803900455a3d4bb3f5637c893.jpg
431KB, 1326x2048px
>>50399095
That "meme" is the lore and it's older than you.
>>
>>50399088
The reasons given are
-that he's a FMC (meaning he's only getting hit on 6's when swooping)
-that he's got a 4+ Invul which is improved 3+ with a formation, 2+ with Psychic power (not to mention he rerolls Saving Throws of 1)
-Information revealed thus far has shown that he does not require line of sight to hit targets
-As well him knowing 15 psychic powers (1 of which is S:D)
>>
File: Magnus.jpg (26KB, 372x121px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus.jpg
26KB, 372x121px
>>50399088
>>50399152
Magnus is a beast at 650 points but he has some crazy powers. psyk 5, draws line of sight to any model on the battlefield, harnesses charges on 2+, never perils, 4+ invuln, and besides knowing all Tzeentch & Change spells he has that Gaze you heard about, charge 5 (but remember all bonuses TS get!) 18’ D, Ap 1, assault 1, soulblaze! His staff is S user, AP2, force, soul blaze and transmogrify. Hot.
>>
>>50399134
>>50399142
>buttblasted Chaos desperately trying to defend their super OP new toy call anyone who wants a fair game a "WAAC autist"
Incredibly transparent desu
>>
>>50399166
>>50399180
That's obscenely OP. That's easily killing wraithknights. To be fair, he /is/ a Daemon primarch, but jesus christ...
>>
where are the fucking 1k sons rules leaks fuck me dead
>>
File: unclean one.jpg (953KB, 2000x1327px) Image search: [Google]
unclean one.jpg
953KB, 2000x1327px
>>50399154
You want to hear the punchline to that joke?
They're not even arguing about marines, they're talking about daemons.

Yet again chaos marines are upstaged by giant daemons, I bet the marines will be shit and the tzeentch daemons will be the only thing worth taking.
Sort of like how KDK turned out.
>>
File: 1442286276994.png (728KB, 794x782px) Image search: [Google]
1442286276994.png
728KB, 794x782px
>>50399180
wait a second, if you add up all his stats it equals 63 which is a multiplication of 9
>>
>>50399166
>As well him knowing 15 psychic powers (1 of which is S:D)
2 powers are S:D. Gaze of Magnus proprietary power, and Prismatic Gaze discipline of change power.

And unless you can take him in the daemon decurion, no +1 invul from the thousand sons decurion
>>
>>50399199
He's not even a GC, just a normal FMC.
Hit him with the D and he will die, huge waste of 650 points desu.
>>
>>50399209
Eh Magnus is a CSM unit, not a Daemon unit. It's like calling Possessed a daemon unit.
>>
>>50399208
read the fucking thread
>>
>>50399218
It's +1 whenever a blessing is cast on him. Which is hilariously easy to do, probably will be the one from Divination or Librarius that ignores cover.
>>
>>50399222
You have to hit him first.

>>50399211
JUST AS PLANNED
>>
>>50399222
>Hit him with the D and he will die,
You mean 36 sD shots? He's flying, and likely has a 2++ or 3++ rerollable. You'll need to 6 him out.
>>
>>50399222
Yeah cuz it's so easy to hit a flyer with a D weapon and then roll another 6.
>>
>>50399148
Yeah but power levels can rise and fall between invididuals which can't be shown on the tabletop. What the guy said outright states that the Custodes use the Emperor's Geneseed, but so do the GK's, but the GK's are much better because pyskers.

Which defeats the whole point of Custodes existing. Custodes were all about how representing how you can be the highest capable transhuman in the Imperium, able to best any non-Custodes human 1v1, but the fact your personal skill progress outweighed teamwork was what made the Space Marines overall more powerful. GK's just go "Yeah, we're Custodes, BUT BETTER LOL!". Just rubs me the wrong way and reminds me of Wardian Codex.

My personal headcanon is already trying to justify it as "GK's use Emperor's Geneseed but are still made with mass production in mind, meaning they're not as good as Custodes in that regard, but make up for it with pysker shit and brotherhood".

Which seems to make more logical sense, since, obviously, Custodes aren't going to be dying that often. It still irritates me. It also irritates me that a human man managed to live 1,500 years and only died because he got poisoned, while Dante is at least 1,300 years old and he's consider literally ancient as a Space Marine. Again, justifying it as "A Space Marine is much more likely to die, so reaching 1,300 is an amazing achievement" but that just brings to thinking "How the hell did a regular human last 1,500 years, as an Inquisitor no less, when even Dante is emo for living so long and he is a transhuman who is part of a geneseed which allows them to live the longest of all Space Marines, implying they CAN die of old age".
>>
>>50399159
Then WHY are you here?
>>
>>50399234
Right. I forgot about that. Your right
>>
>>50399246
>>50399245
Literally just give it skyfire, maybe divination for rerolls.

You guys are so bad.
>>
>>50399051
>>50399132

>not running the Inquisitor big metal Artemis and the 40k small plastic Artemis together

>"don't talk to me or my son ever again"
>>
>>50399261
>just give it sky fire
right. cause Skyfiring D weapons are so common. How, exactly?
>>
>>50399262
Fucking hell now I have to do it.
>>
>>50399261
Mhm, so, which D weapon in my Tyranids do I use and which power to give it Skyfire?
>>
>>50399286
Physically throw your Flyrants at it.
>>
File: 1473781627385.gif (1MB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473781627385.gif
1MB, 400x280px
>>50399261
With what?
>>
LOL it's like you guys don't all play a race with easy access to multiple ranged D weapons with skyfire and re-rolls, what noobs.
>>
Wait a second. You can only fire snapshots at Magnus?!?!
>>
>>50399307
hes a flying monstrous creature.
>>
>>50399297
Like, pick up the models and toss them straight at Magnus? Has some merit. Pretty cost-effective if I can take him out with one or two throws.
>>
>>50399315
Sheeeeeeeeeit
And a 2 up re-rollable invun?
Will he ever die?
>>
>>50399322
Literally never unless the player is bad enough to land him and get charged by a Knight or something, or gets him within range of a whole ton of Wraithguard that make a really lucky roll.
>>
>>50399336
Who in the right mind would choose to land magnus? You dont even need to charge with him lmfao
>>
>>50399348
Exactly.
>>
>all this salt over a 650 point model
>>
are all the talks about formation bonuses and points cost confirmed somewhere or are they more unproven anonymous posts?
>>
>>50399360
He could cost double those points and still be unfair. As long as he's takable in 1500 pts he's game-ruining.
>>
>>50399362
some guy on bolter and chainsword supposedly has the book and has been spoiling everything. He runs some podcast or another and people there are taking him as legit.
>>
>>50399380
but he isn't, because you don't play escalation rules with your friends don't you anon?
>>
Do we know what exactly will be needed to take the core choice of the detatchment? I'm guessing something like:

>1 sorc (or ahriman)
>2 TS squads
>0+ Scarab Terminators
>1 Tzaangors

I really don't want to buy those fucking Tzaangors
>>
Anyone want to post Master Shake commenting that he doesn't even play this game even though he works on SM?

Pretty sure that it's relevant to this thread. Pretty sure absolutely no one here has played a game in months
>>
>>50399381
where
>>
>>50399413
i played the week before last, my daemons got beat by murder mimes 15-13
>>
How much will magnus be price wise? (currency not points)
I'm thinking £100
>>
>>50399413
>Pretty sure absolutely no one here has played a game in months
Shit man, I haven't played a game since 4th edition.
>>
>>50399438
Nevermind. Just checked my whote dwarf. He'll be £80
>>
>>50399041
An eighth of the board is quite a lot anon. 140 points ensures that a 650 point LoW can't enter an eighth of the entire board. If you don't see how amazingly valuable that is, esspecially if your playing the objective game like you should vs magnus, then you are an utter moron.
>>
>>50399465
Not being able to enter part of the board doesn't matter when he can still shoot everything else off the board that's cowering in the bubble.

He doesn't need LoS and his good witchfires are all 18" or more.
>>
>>50399410

https://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/fishman/latest/77186

These are almost half the price of the GW models, just order a whole bunch of them. Also Deep Ones > bird things
>>
>>50399410
Convert up your own using Beastmen models then, a lot of it is in the paint job. Give them a Tzeentch icon from the CSM kit and you're G2G
>>
>>50399410
Tzaangors are not required in the core detachment from what I've heard. Rubrics and Scarab definitely are.
>>
>>50399498
looks like utter shit
>>
>>50399413
I played a game yesterday, beat Eldar 15-0
>>
>>50399410
I'd be okay with them if there was any actual room for them with the rest of the Thousand Sons stuff.
Those fuckers are going to devour points like no one's business even before you give them upgrades, and being forced to drag along the beastfucks only serves as an extreme detriment.
>>
>>50399517
God I hope not, I'd much rather use Pink Horrors as disposable bodies for my force.
>>
>>50399493
>he can still shoot everything else off the board that's cowering in the bubble.
So you really are an idiot. Only a fool would leave his models to cower in a corner against magnus. The culexus serves as insurance that you won't get tabled. With that insurance you can say to hell with losses and run a fuck ton of bikes or something similar. Bikes run around grabbing objectives and killing the non-magnus stuff. Sure all those bikes will be dead by the end of the game, but because TS are a very slow army and you have what is basically a garuntee you won't get tabled, you can have a rather decent chance of winning.
>>
>http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/327825-warzone-fenris-ii-ts-magnus-up-for-pre-order-nov-25th/?p=4572895
This guy legit or just a faggot. I'm here for the fluff not the rules. I need that ending.
>>
>magnus only knows tzeentch disciplines
dropped
>>
>>50399218
He has a third thanks to DOOMBOLT.
>>
>>50398577
not to defend top tier armies, but its probably because, since theyre so familiar with them, they know all of their weaknesses.
>>
So you will be able to take regular Tzeentch CSM units in a Thousand Sons CAD, and they will benefit from the Thousand Sons legion tactics.

Fluff Thousand Sons Obliterators and Warp Talons.
>>
>I'll never EVER have the Terminator Chaplain or Terminator Captain LE models

Why even fucking live?
>>
>>50399669
Same.
>>
File: sexitaubois.png (231KB, 884x1276px) Image search: [Google]
sexitaubois.png
231KB, 884x1276px
I need help.
Where do I go from here point-wise.
Anything glaringly out-of-place or missing?

(I'm just sitting here with my codex and some unassembled models ready to cry.)
>>
>>50399690
>Checked Ebay
>Cheapest Terminator Chaplain went for £80
>No more are for sale in UK
>USA Ebay has prices from $100 (11 hours to go) to $500 Buy Now
>>
File: Tau - 1000pts.jpg (125KB, 900x512px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1000pts.jpg
125KB, 900x512px
>>50399767
>playing that weak ass shit
>>
>>50399767
Well, you have three HQs. Aren't CADs limited to two? Ditch the Ethereal. I'm not a fan of Pathfinders, but they work, I guess.
>>
File: IMG_1113.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1113.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>50397635
Just played my friends tyranids tonight. Tabled him by turn 5. Felt bad for him but he periled a lot.
>>
>>50399816
Not him but isn't Longstrike an upgrade? Or does he still come under HQ? I can't remember. Long time since I looked at the Tau dex.

>>50399767
Other anon is right, drop the Ethereal. They're not worth it because the enemy gets +1VP for killing it and it's incredibly easy to do. Use that 50 points to get some more shit.
>>
>>50399806
The trolling is real.
>>
>>50399319
That's what I meant, yes.
>>
>>50399381
Atia posted it too, so it does have some legs.
>>
>>50399579
Doom bolt isn't sD
>>
>anons post pictures of their game
>click image
>eternity passes before it opens

Is it really down to file type meme or is 4chan really that far gone? I heard Gook moved to a cheaper server cause "lol we're gonna die". Worst meme ever.
>>
>>50397636

Not really how it works.

Firstly, Meks might simply put more work into vehicles they paint red. It might even be an instinctive standardized practice to queue other Orks in to the fact that this particular vehicle goes faster. The field itself does lend a little to the operation of it, but you can't slap a coat of red paint on a boulder and roll it faster than it should, which brings me to my second point...

Secondly it has to be Orky or generate a WAAAGH! field to benefit from it. The Blood Angels aren't Orky, nor do they tap into the Ork's psychic field, so they do not receive any benefit that the WAAAGH! field produces because it's not Orky enough to fit. And while you might be able to replicate a crude design of an Ork-manufactured vehicle, it'd never be truly Orky because it was not manufactured by Ork hands. Trying to game that system would not only result in poorly constructed vehicles, but it falls into the Ork categorization system of "daft" and otherwise wouldn't work. You might be able to game it in a mathematical hypothetical sense, but it'll still fail on you because psychic shit doesn't give a fuck about logic.

Essentially, if the psychic WAAAGH! field confers any benefit at all, it will only effect things that are truly Orky, like the Orks themselves, or that Orks have manufactured themselves.
>>
Why is the Codex Zip up the top missing the Chaos and Space Marine Codexs?
>>
File: Tau - 1000pts(1).jpg (264KB, 900x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1000pts(1).jpg
264KB, 900x1284px
>>50399863
Okay, does this better please you m'lord?
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 600x750px
Which are the least dick-ish space marine chapters in the current fluff?
>>
>>50399897
Orks believe red makes it faster, so it makes it faster. Same way they're weapons defy logic yet still work (and Beast Arises series implies it's part of their brain that makes this happen).
>>
>>50399950
Define 'dick-ish'.
>>
>>50399854
The Ethereal, Darkstrider, and Shadowsun are all HQs.
>>
>>50399963
Oh. Right, yeah. I did skim over it and only saw Commander + Longshot.

He could be running Double CAD?
>>
>>50399976
Use spoiler tags please. Some of us don't want shit ruined. Highlight your text and press CTRL + S. It's really simple, takes 5 seconds and saves heartache.

Thanks.
>>
>>50399992
OK, I’m not going to spoil this past here. Even if you think “hey, screw it, I wanna know,” you might regret that. So after it comes out we can have a wonderful chat about it. If you REALLY ZOMG need to know the end then PM and I’ll get to it when I can. It’s like, midnight, here. So a few more questions then zzzzzz.
>>
>need to take max squads to gain formation benefits
>models are expensive both £££ and points

guess i'm just going to buy eldar instead
>>
>>50400003
Kay.
>>
>>50400003
Well apparently I can't delete it for some reason. Says it's too old a post.
>>
>>50399990
Only two troops.
>>
Could someone with an accout find out what units are needed for the formations? I don't really want to be blind buying, I'd much rather know what I should be looking to buy.
>>
>>50400032
>>50400020

Don't worry, I can avoid it, you at least started with something that made me not read it. There is at least one poster on here who purposely spoils books to get (You)'s.

Thanks for understanding. Not trying to be a dick or anything, some people don't care if it's spoiled, but some do. Cheers.
>>
>>50399951

Gotta be Orky, though. the observable effect only works on Ork teknologee. It's possible the construction itself is a part of it, but otherwise their belief that red makes things travel faster applies only to their own creations.

Although it's been hinted at before in the Tau Codex that Ork tek "defies logic" in certain ways simply because non-uniform construction yields a similar device, in much the same way the AdMech's non-uniform construction of Skitarii still yields a baseline Skitarii at the individual level. So while one Shokk Attack Gun might function on waveforms and fusion power, another might function on chemical reaction and particle accelerators. Part of the reason why their technology is so hard to examine; none of it works in a uniform way but produces nearly uniform, although many times dangerous and unpredictable, results. A tellyporta battery might see each individual machine built on a completely different premise, from matter-deconstruction/reintegration to warp-tunneling like a Warp Spider to translocation a bubble of space-time around the teleporting Ork, but they all get Orks from here to there and are all greased by the Orky psychic field to work more or less reliably.
>>
File: 1256360394680.jpg (28KB, 404x267px) Image search: [Google]
1256360394680.jpg
28KB, 404x267px
>>50400007

You don't have the spoil the end, its pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Wulfen, led by a rediscovered Leman Russ, suddenly enter from the Warp to join the party like they're the fucking Avengers and the combined power of the Space Wolves, the Wulfen, the Dark Angels, and the Inquisition manage to destroy the Silver Towers and banish Magnus back to the Warp. Ahriman takes some stupid shit to help him raid the Black Library, everyone starts questioning the DA about the Fallen, but Russ says shut the fuck up and take me to the Lion now so I can wake his ass up.

And I know this because GW has probably decreed that the Leman Russ and Lion El Johnson 30k models be released in time to sell to 40k players.
>>
>>50399886
gook is a gook
>>
I need to know if we remove wolf

REEEEEE
>>
>>50399806
>1 markerlight
>>
>>50400182
Soon brother. Soon.
>>
>>50399925
>17 DS8 support turrets
>261 S5 AP5 shots per turn

I mean, I'd play it. Or against it. Just as long as there's no tanks on the board.
>>
File: 1452455847011.png (2MB, 824x1187px) Image search: [Google]
1452455847011.png
2MB, 824x1187px
>>50400110
Essentially GW has for a long time hinted that shit works because the Orks think it will. Or, not so much think it will, believe it will. There is no element of doubt. What they build, that part of the brain that encourages developing tools and shit, is different to humans. They don't spend a century making an item then refining it and so on and tests and trails and evaluation. They get X and Y and smash it together and it works. Because they know it will. There is no element of doubt. It also implies that their brain is what keeps these things operational. As in, if a human picked up an Ork gun, it might work, it might work online once, it might not work, it might blow up in their hands and so on. The Ork psyche means it won't do that with them, despite all logic implying it shouldn't.

Pic related.
>>
I NEED THESE THOUSAND SONS TO COME OUT REEEE
I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER
Fuck. I don't even know what my list will be. Any suggestions on what to get?
>>
>>50400199
You implying that couldn't table the majority of 1000 point armies anyway?
>>
>>50400253
Yeah. A single AV14 tank would screw me over. Then again, with that many shots and separate squads, I could kill the majority of the objective takers in the enemy list and cap them myself.

I can't remember what stats the Smart Missile System have.
>>
>>50400269
Bit of everything.
>>
>>50400308
Jesus I was planning. I want to get like 3 squads of rubrics, 2 squads of termies and magnus to start off.
>>
>>50400298
S5 AP5 Heavy 4 Homing Ignores Cover. Memorized it from how damn useful it's been.
>>
>>50400318
Depends on what formations you want to run (if any). The only one we know of so far needs 3 terminator squads and a sorcerer.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.27.09.png (951KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.27.09.png
951KB, 1920x1080px
This is on the New Zealand store
>>
>>50400338
is the grand tour worth it
>>
File: Tau - 1000pts(2).jpg (188KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1000pts(2).jpg
188KB, 900x668px
>>50400322
Thanks. I also made this list. Dunno if it's too cheesey or not.
>>
>>50400338
>Beyond Skyrim

Marcus, you disappoint me so.
>>
>>50400351
Good show
>>
>>50400359
Who's Marcus?
>>
>>50400338
What the fuck is the minimum wage in NZ?
>>
>>50400377
No clue. I live in the UK so I wouldn't know
>>
>>50400338
So if the conversion ratio for New Zealand is the same as the last time I checked, that should be somewhere around 650 in USD right?
>>
>>50400377
$15.25
>>
>>50400338
>Shipping March 12th 2016

So this stuff came out 8 months ago eh?
>>
>>50400359
Ohhh you mean my name top right. Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa was a good historical figue
>>
This is kind of neat, pretty simple design but I like it.
>>
>>50400353
I don't know if you're being sarcastic when you say that.

It's not too cheesy, but I don't know that it'll actually... *win*, you know?
>>
>>50400392
I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>50400382
It won't be 650 USD
>>50400395
>>
>>50400395
Anon, grow a brain.
>>
>>50400397
Indeed he was, I was just typing it out I assumed it was your username
>>
>>50400406
I was only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>50400395
>>50400405
Sorry I was gonna say. Check the new zealand store for yourself. Also, here in the UK, 3/12/16 means the 3rd of December 2016. We go day/month/year. I assume the New Zealanders do too
>>
>>50400399
Not trying to win, but to have fun. I've always wanted a 1000 point Tau army. Each Pathfinder team is essentially 8 Markerlights for the Broadsides. So you're always going to be hitting BS6 with Ignores Cover. HYMP are decent anti-infantry, while the HRR Broadsides (which are one of the best Tau models) are able to pop tanks. Plus ATS means, iirc, Precision Shots on 6's, meaning I can pick and choose who dies.
>>
>>50400419
Everybody but USA does. Though lots of nerds do Year/Month/Day.
>>
>>50400419

Americans are fucking retarded so they do it out of order for no reason, and then are too stupid to realize others do it differently even when it should be obvious from the context.
>>
>6 Formations for Codex: Chaos Space Marines:
>- War Cabal
>- War Coven
>- Tzaangor Warherd
>- Sekhmet Conclave
>- Ahriman’s Exiles
>- Rehati War Sect

>Plus new and updated psychic disciplines:
>- an updated Discipline of Tzeentch
>- Sinistrum Discipline
>- Heretech Discipline
>- Ectomancy Discipline
>- Geomortis Discipline

>Thousand Sons special rules:
>- 6 Thousand Sons Warlord Traits
>- Chaos Artefacts of the Thousand Sons
>- Thousand Sons Grand Coven Detachment
>- 6 Thousand Sons Tactical Objectives
>- 3 Thousand Sons Altar of War missions

>4 Formations for Codex: Chaos Daemons:
- Lorestealer Host
- Brimstone Conflagration
- Omniscient Oracles
- Heralds Anarchic

>Plus new and updated daemonic loci and icons of Chaos.
>Daemons of Tzeentch special rules:
>- Tzeentchian Warp Storm table
>- Pandemoniad of Tzeentch Detachment
>- 6 Daemons of Tzeentch Tactical Objectives
>- 3 Daemons of Tzeentch Altar of War missions
>>
GW actually got the dice right! The TSons symbol is on the 6 and the skull is the 1!

I'm going to buy some even though they're $35NZD for 10 shitty dice (which is probably $30 in CAD or something, too lazy to check)
>>
>>50400442
not sure but i think the US did it just as a fuck you to Britannia
>>
>>50400434
Fair enough, man. If you like Broadsides, go for it. I only have three in my 1850 list.

For reference, my 1000pt list is a Hammerhead, a single railside, a single Ghostkeel, and miscellaneous Crisis suits/FWs/Pathfinders/Ethereal. So I'm not super optimized either.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.39.07.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.39.07.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>50400442
>50400359
Maaaaaan I wouldn't take it out on em too much. Americans were brought up on that system and they have a very small world view so I wouldn't blame em'
Also, here's just an overview pic you you all
>>
>>50399950
Salamanders and Marines Exemplar.
>>
>>50400442
Didn't Malaysia and Liberia copy USA in literally everything though? Malaysia switched to right side driving (I think), changed it's flag to be more like the Stars and Stripes, Liberia did the same. Plus their measurement system (then again, UK is even MORE retarded than USA's measurement system, Jesus Christ this country is going down so fast it's going to past the Even Horizon, down into the black hole, out of whatever hell it comes out of, then back down again into another and go further)
>>
>>50400464
I don't think even the USA is that fucking petty. Especially since the whole revolution was a ploy for rich businessmen to avoid paying tax.
>>
>>50397694
>inb4 it's actually alpharius
>>
tzaangor stats when?
>>
>This multi-part plastic kit contains all the parts necessary to make 3 Exalted Sorcerers, each armed with Inferno bolt pistols and force staves. The kit includes 6 different chest plates, 7 different heads and a Disc of Tzeentch – this can be modelled upside down with different visible details, and includes magic flame for elevation.

Holy fuck, I mean I knew the sorcerers had a good deal of variation from the preview pics, but this is a lot more than I was expecting.
>>
Are GW actually being nice to us?
>>
>>50400490
>a lot more than I was expecting
That seems to be GWs new MO as of late. They've been doing lots of good shit over the course of the past few months.
>>
>>50400490
only 1 disk per £35 box kind of sucks though
>>
>>50400473

Yeah Liberia even copied them in slavery :^)

>Send freed blacks back to Africa
>They immediately enslave the locals
>100+ years later the locals rise up in a brutal and bloody civil war, destroying the country utterly

kek

Another fun fact: Communist Vietnam's declaration of independence was based on the US Declaration of Independence. The first country Ho Chi Minh contacted diplomatically was the US. They told him to fuck off.
>>
Did anyone else know that Lexicanum has a Pictorial list of Space Marine chapters and CSM Warbands?
>>
>>50400454
I just want to know what each formation requires FUCK
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.45.13.png (698KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.45.13.png
698KB, 1920x1080px
Ooooooh. Nice box
>>
>>50400523
Liberia is a very messed up place, anon.

Especially the corruption, crime, and cannibalism.
>>
>>50400537
Kharn has one just like it. Safe to assume Lucius, Typhus and the rest will too.

I'm really hoping Abaddon gets a new model soon. He's in desperate need of an overhaul.
>>
>>50400552

Yeah that's where General Butt Naked and his army of cannibal child soldiers were. Apparently Mr. Butt Naked is now a priest or something similar.
>>
>>50400479
people can be cruel and unforgiving, is that hard to believe a nation of people would be petty?
>>
>>50400563
Oh yeah for sure. Things are finally looking up for CSM and it's great.
>>
>>50400537

>1 infantry model
>$83

LOL
>>
>>50400509
never been so glad to have a spare box of screamers laying around
>>
File: Tau - 1850pts.jpg (355KB, 900x1484px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 1850pts.jpg
355KB, 900x1484px
>>50400467
Is the list really that bad? I thought it would be able to deal with most things, not necessarily win, but not go down with ease. I did make a different list for 1850.

Prob just as bad.
>>
Is space marine casual wear ever described, or do they wear their armour every wakings second?
>>
>>50400578
It's Kiwi shekels anon, not burgerbucks. They haul around barrels of money when they go shopping.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.50.45.png (420KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.50.45.png
420KB, 1920x1080px
>>50400578
It's New Zealand dollars. Their currency is crazy inflated
>>
>>50399211
>wait a second, if you add up all his stats it equals 63 which is a multiplication of 9
9x2=18 1+8=9
9x3=27 2+7=9
9x4=36 3+6=9
9x5=45 4+5=9
9x6=54 5+4=9
9x7=63 6+3=9
9x8=72 7+2=9
9x9=81 8+1=9
9x10=90 9+0=9
>>
File: IMG_3174.jpg (273KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3174.jpg
273KB, 640x955px
Holy crap the Angels Penitent are a disturbing bunch. Even for Blood Angel successors.

Cool color scheme though.
>>
>>50400578
>sees a $ sign
>assumes it is in burger dollars
And this is why the American School system is considered a failure anon.
>>
>>50400593
Many chapter seem to wear robes when they aren't in their armor.
>>
>>50400609
Whoops, forgot link.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_Penitent
>>
So what the fuck am I supposed to do with all the rubrics and the ahriman I already have?
>>
>>50400615

I knew it was NZD but I'm in Canada and our dollars are nearly 1:1. Unless it's the dreaded Australian Effect (wherein everything GW sends to Australia gets a massive price hike *after* currency conversion) then top kek

I really wanted to buy that model, too. That's too bad.

>>50400599
>>50400598

Yeah but I know their feeling.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.54.01.png (457KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-26 06.54.01.png
457KB, 1920x1080px
Oooooo
>>
File: 1449483708077.png (6KB, 397x399px) Image search: [Google]
1449483708077.png
6KB, 397x399px
>>50400600
>>50399211
Illuminati confirmed
>>
>>50400631
Use them?
>>
>>50400523
Most people don't even know where Liberia is. Funnily enough, the Loyalist Americans were shipped off to the Caribbean. I forget which one. Barbados I think. It's why Caribbean nations have lots of lighter coloured skinned people and noses are more 'Caucasian' (pls no bully slavs).

Also, hilariously, Vietnam actually achieved what USA wanted. The area not falling to Communism. People were so scared of USA coming to kick their shit in and wreck their country they decided not to go to Communism. Even MORE funny is the fact that Minh said had the USA fought for one more year after the Tet Offensive, they'd have been completely bled dry. Which is where the "DAMN MEDIA!" sentiment comes from in regards to many Americans. Since it was their pictures that made anti-war protests.
>>
>>50400623
Some chapters wear robes even in armor.
>>
>>50400634
Let me tell you. In white dwarf for the UK, it says that Ahriman is £25. Don't worry buddy
>>
>>50400629
What dumb motherfuckers.
I prefer their orange color, however.
>>
>>50400593
Basic robes with a rope belt seem to be the standard issue.

>don't really need actual clothing for cold
>always armor up if they actually need to do anything
>robes are practically 1 size fits all

If anything they wear clothing just so they don't get mad junk staring from humans.
>>
>>50400636
>delivering death to those who insult the warriors of Prospero with their resistance

You know, I really like how GW is writing the Thousand Sons with this.

Ever since the Horus Heresy I've seen a bunch of "Thousand Sons didn't do anything wrong" stuff. And yeah their backstory is tragic, and they are sympathetic, they shouldn't really be given the pity card. This is how the Thousand Sons should be portrayed, ruthless fuckers who went all in with Chaos after they were betrayed for their loyalty to the Emperor.

If anything they have more reason than the other reasons to be horrible fuckers to the modern Imperium. Sympathetic backstory or not, the current Thousand Sons are supposed to be pretty evil bastards.
>>
>>50400589
I don't know how much is jokes and how much isn't, so bear with me.

Fire Warriors aren't good. Two squads of 12 in Devilfish each and you'll never need more.

Crisis Suits, and lots of them, ARE good. Though they all need weapons, not just one as your list marked down, and the prices increase rapidly.

The Ranged Support Cadre is either fantastic or awful, and there's rarely any in-between. Just depends on the matchup.

Consider Hammerheads.
>>
>>50400623
>>50400690
cool, thanks
>>
>>50400702
I love their writing too! After Prospero man the Thousand Sons should be absolutley relentless for their blood lust against the modern imperium.
>>
>>50400636
Wouldnt the Scarab Occult all be psykers therefore not Automatons? I thought that was how the TS worked? With the psykers at the top plebs at the bottom.

Not the biggest lore buff dont kill me.
>>
I knew that these models were good looking just from the pictures we got so far, but looking at the close ups and the 360s on the NZ site really blows my expectations out of the water.

Seriously, I kept complaining about how regular CSM stuff should be more like the Dark Vengeance shit, but I honestly think these models have surpassed even that with the details on the armor. And this is will multi-part kits rather than the mono-pose snap models.
>>
>>50397491
>>50400738
>>50400738
>>50400738
>>
>>50400661

Please be true

>>50400657
>Also, hilariously, Vietnam actually achieved what USA wanted

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this. Vietnam borders the following countries:
China
Laos
Cambodia

All 3 either were or are communist. Cambodia had a brutal "marxist" dictatorship that killed about 25% of the population of the country. Laos is still communist today. China claims to be communist.

Burma, located on the other side of Laos and Cambodia, was also socialist until recently.
>>
>>50400762
I'm reading my white dwarf now bud. Ahriman is 100 percent going to be £25. Don't worry
>>
>>50400702
>If anything they have more reason than the other Legions

>>50400750
The situation is a bit weird since A Thousand Sons retconned things and made the entire Legion psykers. Basically everyone who wasn't a top tier sorcerer got dusted. If you had the gift, but weren't very strong with your psker abilities you were turned into dust.

So the Scarab Occult also got turned into automatons.
>>
>>50400762
>Please be true

Just checked, it is.
>>
>>50400609
>>50400629
I love that color scheme, and their fluff is actually really cool. Wondering if they'll show up as a Chaos Warband in the future.

But seriously, how the heck would you paint that scheme?
>>
>>50400769
>>50400780

Thank you based anons, hope has been restored. (I bet Tzeentch did this}
>>
I'm not entirely sold on the Detachment bonus nor the big formation bonuses we heard about, honestly.

I am still hyped, but I'm just sceptical. The units still appear to be ridiculously expensive and that's fair considering AP3 standard armywide, but holy shit that's going to be even less models than I field right now and I run maybe 28 models, vehicles included? This "need max units to get re-rollable" will almost never be used below 3-4K games which really isn't standard. I'd have preferred something less good but is useful for the general 1.5-2K game range. Current Rubrics are considered utter shit at 23ppm. New ones are going to be even more expensive.

And we still don't know what the fuck is up with the Aspiring Sorcerers. The current ones blow donkey dick and you actually use them as an extra wound for your current rubrics. You never want to be casting with them for fear of perilsing off 57 point model.

And everybody keeps forgetting the big issue here: You still have to roll for powers. You might not get blessings or at least useful ones you want to be casting on them to get that better invuln in the first place.

But we don't know a lot of information yet, so I reserve judgment. Still hyped and eager to field my Sons again.
>>
>>50400779
>since A Thousand Sons retconned things and made the entire Legion psykers
Huh. Ok that makes more sense then.
>>
>>50400762
>Cambodia had a brutal "marxist" dictatorship that killed about 25% of the population of the country
As someone who happens to actually know Cambodian history, due to being from there, this especially is a case of the USA fucking up.

Since a lot of people got motivated to join the Khmer rouge after the US bombed Cambodia to prevent North Vietnamese movement through the country. It gave a sizable pool of people for the Communists to do their takeover.

Obviously they were at it for a while before hand, but the suppression of communism idea didn't exactly work out the way the US intended it to.
>>
>>50400830
Lads, this is /tg/, not /his/
>>
>>50400830
Talking about old Commies, Castro just died.
>>
File: 1443120545331.jpg (31KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1443120545331.jpg
31KB, 600x337px
>>50400816
yeah, it's hard to say how this shapes up yet. bringing out tons of ap3 isn't going to be forcing people to use terms though. perhaps we'll see more people using the anti psyker assassin?
>>
>>50400794
>But seriously, how the heck would you paint that scheme?
Orange base coat, be really sloppy with a black airbrush over it.
>>
>>50400709
I'm not joking, I just don't want a list which will be so good that people won't play or make the game boring and I don't want to make a shitty list which means I lose and the guy who wins doesn't feel like he's (or she) has earned it.

I feel like my lists are a balance between "too good" and "too bad", which means winning with it will give me a endorphin boost because of either luck or me playing well, while if I lose it gives the same to my opponent.

I know Fire Warriors aren't good, but it's merely distraction and objective grabbing. I know they're footslogging as well.

What do you recommend re Crisis Suits? Was pretty sure Fusion Blasters or Flamers were used.
>>
>>50400874
Holy shit he actually did. I thought you were just memeing. That old fucker finally gave out, and right after Trump's election.
>>
>>50400932
Damn. We'd been trying to kill that old commie fuck for years. At least he lived to see Cuba and the US finally at peace.
>>
>>50400926
Well, your suit units only had one gun per six suits, which is... not enough.

Fusion Blasters to bust tanks.
Plasma rifles to bust MEQs/TEQs (these are your mainstay, I have 6 2-plasma suits in my army)
Cyclic Ion or Burst Cannon to bust GEQ. Preference, really; CIB is more versatile.
Missile pod for S7 goodness.
Avoid flamers.
>>
File: stabbed by firewarriors.jpg (97KB, 575x456px) Image search: [Google]
stabbed by firewarriors.jpg
97KB, 575x456px
>>50400926
wait, firewarriors aren't good? with s5 30" why do you need a transport when you're just sitting back blasting.

they're not like guardians who need to be advancing into range to shoot
>>
File: 20161125_222927.jpg (72KB, 310x179px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_222927.jpg
72KB, 310x179px
>>50397636
>Terminator Chaplain with lightning claw and bog-standard bolter
this guy appears to have some sort of problem with the Codex.
>>
>>50397686
It's gonna be a loyalist Primarch, anon.
>>
File: 1476405855383.png (227KB, 314x438px) Image search: [Google]
1476405855383.png
227KB, 314x438px
>>50401069
Nice meme.
>>
>>50400398
>Too expensive
>pass up buying them.
>See pic
>Want
>>
>>50400926
>What do you recommend re Crisis Suits? Was pretty sure Fusion Blasters or Flamers were used.

More than 1 fucking gun per 3 of them. Jesus christ anon, what's even the point? I think you're taking the space commies meme too far. Even the Soviets kept it to 1 gun per 2 guys.
>>
>>50399211
And it's the multiple of 9 and 7.

MORTARION CONFIRMED LIONFAGS BTFO
>>
>>50400463
Careful, white dwarf said this about the Genestealer Cult dice too and it was a bald-faced fucking lie. Don't believe it until you literally have the dice in your hand to confirm.
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (196KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
196KB, 780x780px
>>50401069
>>
>>50401376

Pics are up on the NZ GW site, anon. The description also makes it extremely clear.

If it's wrong then GW is engaging in false advertising and putting in a lot of effort to do so (photoshopping dice + writing a fake description)
>>
>>50400629
Fanfic tier. Reads like Liver reject on B&C.
>>
File: Lamenters.jpg (25KB, 325x454px) Image search: [Google]
Lamenters.jpg
25KB, 325x454px
>>50399950
Salamanders
Lamenters

Coincidentally seem both have a bad habit of getting their shit pushed in. Usually due to placing the well-being of others above that of their own.
Thread posts: 434
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.