[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Age Games Black Friday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Anybody play any Dark Age? Really nice mini's and free rules. Looks like coolminiornot is having an unannounced Black Friday sale and all their Dark Age stuff is over 50%.

https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/miniatures/dark-age-games

I just picked up a bunch of Forsaken and Kulkani stuff, I had been looking at for ever and never pulled the trigger.

Guerilla Miniatures has some great let's plays that got me hungering for it. Anybody in Tampa Bay Playing this.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwVU8Rnky0OhHZvOopqe4Tco
>>
>>50394994
>Anybody play any Dark Age?
I have no idea how this game is still around. I never see anyone talk about it or play it in real life and hardly ever hear mention of it online.

But, they must be getting money from somewhere if they are still coming out with new minis.
>>
>>50395989
Yeah, I picked up two factions so I can do some demo games with my local group.

The quality of the minis are what pulled me in. people They keep putting out new factions and resulting the old ones, so someone must be buying.
>>
>>50394994
If the Shadow Caste box wasn't out of stock, I'd be all over that sale.
>>
>>50394994
I've been long looking into this game, the sculpts are just outstanding. Is there a European reseller or do we have to go through CMoN?
>>
>>50396058
Which ones did you grab?

I'm thinking of grabbing a pair to do the same thing.
>>
File: Maud'Dib.jpg (145KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Maud'Dib.jpg
145KB, 600x600px
>>50396672
I grabbed the Forsaken starter and the Kulkani Starter with a few extra models for each and the rule book. You don't really need the rulebook since it is online, but it seemed nice to have.

I figure the Forsaken are the protagonist faction and they have the most models, so a good place to start. The Kukulkani just looked cool, I dig their techno Mayan aesthetic. The other two factions I looked at where the Core, because creepy Dark Age Robots sounds awesome, and the Salt Flat Nomads, because I love Dune. I tried to control myself though, you can't collect everything right? Especially for a game no one you know plays.
>>
>>50396924
I think when demoing a game, having a printed rulebook is better. Especially if it a good quality one, showing it off helps sell the game.

I was thinking of grabbing the Shadow Caste anf Kukulkani, since those what I'm interested in, but they're sold out of the Shadow Caste. May see if my brother is interested in any, and grab it as an early X-mas gift.

Other problem is, I've already got such a backlog of stuff and no time or space to work on that already, so adding more won't help. There might be a crowd to play nearby, though. The LaBamba namefag that plays all these small games is from my area, and I know he promotes DA, so there might be a game store nearby with players.
>>
>>50396115
I'm new to this game, started looking at it a couple months ago, but I have not had luck finding any other outlet for these minis. I am the US, but I think they ship flat rate $9 to the rest of the world. The pound is still up against the dollar and they accept PayPal which will do the conversion for you automatically (for a fee). It might be a long wait and I know UK customs sucks, hopefully you live in the EU lol.

>>50397133
Yeah, people seemed really hype about Shadow Caste and they sold out immediately, well before this sale.

The Starters are a good deal, especially at $27 dollars, but you don't need many models for a game of 500 points, you could just grab a few from the other factions you like any have your own starter. Looking at Salt Flat nomads or Prevailers, it would be $65-$66 to grab most of the models, minus the few from the faction I don't care about, that's really not a huge investment, even if I only end up playing with myself or a friend or two. Without the sale, i probably wouldn't buy anything though, their normal prices are just a bit too rich for me.

And I agree about having printed books for demos, I grabbed the Forsaken was as well. CMON says the KulKuKani will get one once they have more models.
>>
>>50397326
Yeah, there models are pricey, but they also have a level of quality, especially in the newer sculpts, that I don't mind paying a little extra. Its the same with Malifaux's stuff.

Even if I don't start the game now, I may just use the sale to pick up models that I like, like the greater elementals or that new clobbering guy for the Kukulkani.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.