[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dungeon Crawling What's the subtext?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: dungeon-demon_wide.jpg (728KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-demon_wide.jpg
728KB, 1920x1080px
>Dungeon Crawling

What's the subtext?
>>
>>50393579
According to Freud, it's your mother.
>>
>>50393579
Does it need subtext?
>>
>>50393603

So we give expression to our subconscious desire to crawl back into the womb by playing D&D?
>>
File: Cu-Chi-16.jpg (23KB, 520x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cu-Chi-16.jpg
23KB, 520x300px
>>50393579
Dungeons & Dragons was invented in the seventies, in the aftermath of the Vietnam War.
>>
The BBEG is an allegory for the nuclear bomb.

Goblins are an allegory for the Soviet Union
>>
In early DND editions, Wizards would slowly go a bit mental from all the magic knowledge and basically build a towering monument for themselves, with multiple floors and layers above and beneath ground

This would attract monsters to the locale
>>
>>50393579
It represents both the concept of wanting riches, power, and notoriety while conversely wishing to remain hidden, unnoticed, or "underground."
>>
I smell a thread with AAA comedy potential here
>>
>>50394000
In Greek myths Hades was both the lord of the dead and riches, since both are located underground.
>>
>>50393579
Well, it's all subtext, since it's underground.
>>
Dungeons are basically glorified apartment complexes for monsters and outcasts. The adventurers are hired by the tenant to forcefully evict those who haven't paid their rent and are no longer welcome on the premise. But then the adventurers get deeper inside and see the apartment is really just a front for the Big Bad Crime Boss to keep all his drug money, and Smog isn't going to let his hoard get seized that easily.
>>
>>50394128
Kek
>>
>>50393579
I want to kick the unknown in the balls. Ad infinitum if possible.

Pseudoscience psychology would probably say I refuse to face my emotional challenges and seek ever-increasing intellectual and physical challenges instead as a coping mechanism.
>>
>>50393641
Possibly, but from what I've seen that's more about the dragons than the dungeons.
>>
>>50394662
>TRPGs
>intellectual challenge
>>
>>50393603
sick burn bro
>>
>>50394872
>There's no puzzles in dungeons, ever.
>>
File: sigmundfreud-ac48346e.jpg (282KB, 1280x1244px) Image search: [Google]
sigmundfreud-ac48346e.jpg
282KB, 1280x1244px
>>50393603
>>50393641

No, it's the thanatos principle - we delve back into "the dungeon" AKA the womb to defeat "the dragon" AKA our own fetal selves, thus allaying our internalised shame from childish activities - it's basically an equivocation between our super-ego and pre-adult Id.
>>
>>50395120
I roll to kill the puzzles.
>>
File: sigmundfreud alittle bit closer.png (888KB, 920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
sigmundfreud alittle bit closer.png
888KB, 920x1038px
>>50395414

the puzzles are your attempts to earn your mother's unconditional love though.

They cannot be killed.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.