[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M/tg/ Xmage Tourney: The Proposal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download (14).jpg (7KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
7KB, 299x169px
http://xmage.de

How do you guys like the idea of a monthly MTG tournament hosted right here, on our very own board?

Personally, I like the idea because /tg/ seems less competitive, and more focused on enjoying the game, which would make it a pretty casual setup.

What formats would you like to see in such a tourney? Personally I would say Commander makes for the most flavor and interesting gameplay, but that's just me.
>>
>>50392067
I'd go for it. It'd probably be a pain in the ass to get set up though. Finding someone with a decent enough rig or the space to host a server would be a hassle.

I'd go for Commander as well. Makes everyone's decks a little more unique.

Would it be a standard 1v1 bracket tournament, or something more interesting?
>>
>>50392067
count me in
>>
>>50392151
You don't need to host a server, passwords exist
Just do standard 1v1 or Modern
Legacy would be nice too but I doubt people are as familiar with it in general
>>
>>50392067
>tfw cockatrice is your preferred em
>>
>>50393187
I'm still unfamiliar with Xmage. How does not doing it on a server affect spectator mode(which is probably the point of hosting a tourney like this)
>>
>Personally, I like the idea because /tg/ seems less competitive, and more focused on enjoying the game, which would make it a pretty casual setup.
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Some of the generals have quite a fair share of "pros" who are more than ready to make something like this an arms race.
>>
>>50394638
Hmm... perhaps running two different tourneys might be a better idea. A high-level play tourney, and the Casual Tourney.
>>
>>50395273
What differentiates the Casual from the Elite Tourney? What's stopping someone from jumping into the casual tourney with they $1200 deck and going
>Oh yeah, this is nothing big, just a little thing I threw together, what, don't be so butthurt about losing on turn 2
>>
>>50396943
Honestly? Honor code. /tg/ is pretty good about calling someone out on their shit. Short of that, probably some deck pre-screening.
>>
>>50397004
C'mon, man, you know how much people like to power game. If anything, /tg/ would be worse at it.

I would still play, though
>>
>>50397103
A recent poll was made on here found that /tg/ was mostly a Timmy-Johnny when it cane to Player Archetypes. In fact, the least common Archetype was Spike, the competitive one. Don't know if that's accurate though, since when I ran the MTG colors poll again, the results were Black-Blue instead of the supposed Black-Green-Red Tie.

But I see your point. I would probably have to work on some kind of deck requirements for both versions.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.