[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heroscape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6849.jpg (638KB, 2757x1403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6849.jpg
638KB, 2757x1403px
What does /tg/ think of Heroscape?

I think it should have continued, WoC was stupid in discontinuing it.
Also:
Utgar best faction
>>
>>50389882
If nothing else they should have tried to refine the formula, now theit awesome terrain tIles can only be found on Ebay
>>
>>50389916
How so?
>>
>>50389882
Eh, the game itself was dumb and juvenile, but the tile set is the reason I'm buying up any boxes i can find for a reasonable price. It's excellent terrain for a variety of games
>>
>>50390017
i don't really think it was dumb just simple, theirs nothing wrong with simple.
>>
>>50390097
No there isn't, but that didn't make it any less dumb, especially the setting. You can have a good simple game, this just wasn't one of that.
>>
>>50389882
A reboot would be really nice.
>>
I fucking loved it when I was younger and got me hooked on miniature games. Sad Wotc tried to make a quick buck recycling dnd figures then killed it.
>>
>>50393192
The fucked up part is they could have made a fucking mint on it for far longer with that formula, it stinks of short sightedness
>>
The problem was it was sold as a toy, and it did not sell well as a toy, at all. It would likely sell better to the tabletop gaming audience, but Hasbro likely sees d&d as a competitor in that market, and generally companies don't want to have competing games in the same market
>>
>>50393366
But doesn't hasbro distribute DnD?
>>
>>50389882
It just couldn't beat heroclix.
They thought people would like playing toy soldiers with hours of setup for an amazing playing field would beat playing toy soldiers competitively at the LGS, and obviously missed the mark.
>>
>>50393114
It's called Duels of the Planeswalkers.
If that shit doesn't sell with the Magic brand name attached, we can say goodbye to this type of game forever at least from WotC.
>>
>>50394619
>shit minis
>very flat board state maybe 2-3 tiles of elevation
>game is actually good when you have one of the expansions

It's a conflicting feel.
>>
>>50394018
Exactly. Companies don't like competing with themselves. It dilutes their customer base and doubles their expenses.
>>
>>50395368
Thats not competition that product diversity
>>
Loved this game as a kid. There's probably still bins of it lying around in my parent's basement.
This game definitely got me interested in tabletop games. The minis were kinda shitty, but it actually had some cool mechanics IMO
>>
>>50395743
Doing both magic and D&d is product diversity. Having 2 different games that involve minis ( ie d&d and heroscape) is competing products.

That's why they marketed it as a toy and not a game in the first place. And by being marketed as a toy, it didn't sell well
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.