[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next Level Autism: Splinter Twin Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5928.jpg (1MB, 1399x5464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5928.jpg
1MB, 1399x5464px
Before today I wasn't aware it was possible to be this salty. Dude needs to get a life.
>>
>>50379561
What'd you expect from Reddit? The place is so Safe-space liberal'd autism that you can't expect anything else.

We should still challenge them to a tournament over Xmage though. That'd be pretty cool.
>>
>>50379561
I'm not really into MtG (Which I assume this is about).
That being said, he just seems like a dude who is hugely into numbercrunching statistics. How do you come away with the idea that he is angry about something?
>>
>>50379827
Splinter Twin was a very popular deck in a format of MTG called "Modern." It was also the closest thing to a tier <1 deck (in other words, almost unbeatable) because it was a deck that had a combo kill but if the combo was disrupted it still had the ability to grind out the opponent. But even if you could disrupt the combo for one turn, the deck was so resilient that you could combo off the next turn. Or the disruption for the first attempt wasn't even good enough to stop the combo and the deck went off anyway (this happened a lot). This is not in line with what Wizards of the Coast (the game's owners) wanted a combo deck to be because it became too consistent and was borderline so dominant in the format that sideboards (extra cards to be subsituted in over the course of a match) or even entire decks were built just to beat Twin, and they still had a difficult time doing so. In addition, because the combo was so strong and easily incorporated into any deck playing the colors blue and red, there was little incentive to not play Twin if you were playing blue and red in a deck.

So WotC banned Twin to make the format more diverse, and it worked for a couple months until new cards came out and people broke the format again because Modern is inherently trash (but that's a different discussion entirely).

So basically, the Twin banning was justified and did fix some of the problems of Modern, but people got mad anyway because they'll complain about anything.
>>
Holy shit this is real?
>>
>>50379561
He is missing the biggest point that Twin killed diversity because there was no reason not to play Twin if you wanted a combo or control deck.

If you wanted to play either of those archetypes, you were objectively playing sub optimal if you didn't want to play twin.
>>
>>50380027
>Wizards of the Coast (the game's owners)
A game can't have 'owners'. It has producers.
>>
>>50381244
One of my buddies was playing UR Merfolk because he was splashing red for bolts and figured that since the combo only needed 5 slots (3 exarch 2 Twin) it was better run it. He did very well at FNMs.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.